Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• organorgan Member Posts: 3
    Dealer offers me 2008 Red Sienna LE Pkg #2 with Out of door price 25601. I plan to get one this Saturday. .How do you think about this price? Thanks. I live in Wisconsin.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    What's the tax rate in Wisc?

That's cheaper than you could get in MD, which has a 5% tax rate.
  • mesoporemesopore Member Posts: 1
    We want to buy a 2008 Toyota Sienna in Houston and are looking for advice on good dealers. We are looking for 2008 XLE with a DVD/Backup Camera option. Any indication of prices paid for that vehicle will also be appreciated. Thanks for your help!
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    Seems like you did well. I do hope you really did want the Sienna instead of the Odyssey...I understand the frustrations with the dealer, but to me that shouldn't dictate what you buy unless you truly can't get to another dealer. That particular Honda dealer sounds like a nightmare, but...bottom line with dealers is that once you're done with them, you never have to see them again. Even if you are forced to use them for service, the sales and service departments have nothing to do with each other. I've been getting my Camry Hybrid serviced at a dealer that I'd never even dream of buying from, but the service department is very good. Sales--sleazy. But anyway, you deal with a dealership for a couple of days, you deal with the vehicle you bought every day for years. So that's the most important thing.

Of course, I don't think you can go wrong with either one of those excellent vans. I'm a little frustrated with Toyota's packaging, but I'm also frustrated with the Ody not having a power liftgate except in Touring.
  • ucltuclt Member Posts: 2
    Is your invoice price $32096 provided by your car dealer? I received a quote from a dealer for almost the same vehicle except it has an additional TO Towing Prep option ($176). The invoice price shown on kbb.com is 32272 which is exactly $176 more than the invoice price you stated. But the dealer claims that his invoice price is $32932 which is $660 more than what kbb.com listed. The dealer stated that he can show me the actual invoice. I will be interested in your final offer.
  • sunnyvalisunnyvali Member Posts: 33
    So I finally get down to the numbers with the sales person. Like you, the invoice price he is working from is $642 more than what I see on the websites ($32,096). I asked him to explain the difference and he came back with this:
    * T.D.A. (Toyota Dealer Advertisement) of $500.00, Gas at $10.00, and floor mats at $132.00 *

So that explains the difference and I am sure you'll find out the same. I am not sure if the above dealer markup is negogeable or not. I am thinking of asking him to split the difference and close this deal. It is just too hectic to deal with all of this and I'm sure that is what the sales person wants...

Let me know what you find out and good luck. It has been difficult to find dealers in the Chicagoland area to even come close the invoice price. I may just go for the XLE Limited at this point to get HID and seat memory, etc.
  • msindallasmsindallas Member Posts: 190
    Hi, here's a deal I signed up for today:

Price MSRP Invoice Paid
    Base 35465 31562 ????
    Options:
    HZ 1115 892 ????
    TO 200 176 ????
    DRL 40 32 ????
    Spoiler 485 297 ????
    Window Tint 179 99 ????
    Cargo Net 49 49 ????
    Vehicle Shield 349 99 ????
    Advertisement 704 704 ????
    Destination 685 685 ????
    Total 39271 34595 34805
    Tax 6.25% 2454.44 2162.19 2175.31
    TL 270 270 270
    OTD 41995.44 37027.19 37250

The numbers are approximate, I got a few from Edmunds, and a few others (spoiler, V/shield, etc) from the dealer (whatever printout they showed and claimed to be invoice). Their sticker showed MSRP of $38,970+TTL (I don't remember the exact break up, it had purchase, advertisement, holdback, and a few other items). The invoice showed $35,276, and at one point they claimed they cannot go below that and lose money. I offered $34K+TTL, and in the end, shook hands on an OTD of $37,250. Thats price of $34,805, going backwards. Time taken at dealership: 2 hours, including a 20 min test drive.

I think I paid about $4,800 below MSRP (close to invoice, who knows what the actual numbers are), the dealer made about $1400 (give or take $200, and thats OK with me), and I got them to throw in 3 tanks of gas and 36,000 miles of free oil changes. That should be about $300 in value, and I am happy with the overall deal. May be I got hosed on a a few items like the spoiler and cargo net, and may be the price could have been a few $100's less, but I really didnt want to drag this out to the last penny spending a few more hours.

Many thanks to the wonderful people who shared their experiences to enable myself to make a deal. I pick up the vehicle in a day or 2, hope they will not try to pull any other tricks on me.

Notes to future buyers: Not all Sienna's are made equal. I test drove 4 different ones, and each one has a different level of engine noise. I picked the one with the least noise.

On a separate note, I am glad I didn't take my car for trade-in. I was planning for this purchase for a while, so I put a few online ads, and sold my old car for (I believe) at least $2K more than what I'd expect from a dealer. So I lose 6.25% or $125 in taxes, but gained more than that in the sale.

Btw, this was in the Dallas, TX area, in case you are interested.
  • dhishidhishi Member Posts: 4
    I am getting the 2008 Sienna 8 Passenger with pack #1, DRL and carpet for $24,800. Is this any good ?
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Have anyone seen the prices on Toyotas Sienna ta the Fitzmall?....they are selling at plain invoicemanyexpiriences by anyone buying and/or leasing from them?...for me in Northern NJ may be worthwhile to travel to MD (don't know how many miles away...but..maybe)
    Any comments please
  • cliu0000cliu0000 Member Posts: 6
    i just bought one from chris vera and i am from philly,I had very positive experience with them. I took amtrak and metro, then they pai dth ecab from metro station to fitzmall.I highly recommended to buy from them.

Ching Liu
    Ching, could you provide me with more deatails?....what you got?..what orices?...lease or buy?....and was your sales person Chris Vera..I would like some more details..thanks..maybe you should email me separately..
    YES, THE SALESPERSON WAS CHRIS VERA(?) AND I BOUGHT SIENNA XLE WITH DVD AND BACKUP SONAR FOR 30402 BEFORE TAX.
    Thanks for your help....
    No problem, one thing i am very disappointed was xle 08 did not have builtin hidden attena but 07 did.
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information
  • dann80dann80 Member Posts: 18
    Carsdirect.com is selling this configuration for $24,814 in my area (SF bay area). Carsdirect must be getting at least several hundred dollars in referral fees so I'd say that you could negotiate for an ever lower price, maybe like $24,500.
    Yaaaay! Congrats! :shades:

I think that is a rather substantial discount for a model that just came out, so congrats! Hope you enjoy your van, I know you shopped long and hard for it.
    My family has purchased a few Subarus from the Fitzgerald dealership family and the buying experience was beyond expectations. I didn't use the Toyota store because DARCARS beat their price by about $250, though the buying experience wasn't quite as good as with Fitz.
  • bmanrphbmanrph Member Posts: 1
    I'm about to finalize a deal for $35170 for an '08 Limited with Pkg#2 and XM radio and just got an email that the vehicle arrived with toyoguard that the southeast distributors add on. I don't know how much that will add to the price, but I'm worried that I won't have much room to negotiate it. I THINK I had a good deal going in..is it worth the fight? Please help!
    I just signed for a Limited AWD,evp # 1 (nonav) on a lease that I think has to be mostly subsidised by TOYOTA...I paid $1643 at inception,12k miles,and $534/monthly. The inception covers first month payment,reg and plates,the $534 (35 payments) covers tax and GAP insurance. i believe that it is a great deal for Northern NJ, if anyone wants info let me know,great people no hassle no pressures...glad I did business with.
    I have to give credit to nomad,great guy that did put me to this great deal. I was going to plunge into $8k initial payment and then $485/month but that before Oct 1st and my new friend Bali. good luck to all of you.
    Toyota sales for the vans are 23% down,can't figure why since the Honda does not have as many bell and whistles but I think that is also cheaper..
    Well being on this forums was a valuable expirience and profitable too..
  • rmcmrmcm Member Posts: 5
    In reply to: "We bought a 08 Sienna XLE with EVP#(leather and moonroof), Tow prep at $400 below invoice (27.9K) +TTL. We also have a trade in but the trade-in value we received from this Toyota dealer is the highest among 5-6 dealers we visited. It beats the next highest by $1100. I'm sure they still make money on both the new van and the trade-in but seems like a good deal for us."

Where did you buy from? My dealership is telling me the Edmunds invoice is incorrect and won't even come close to that deal. We live in Oklahoma.
    You can hold your grounds to the info that you got on buying price and trade in price but the problem with that transaction is most dealers will try to get you coming and going and you have to be careful on how much are you willing to give in on the purchase and on the trade in. It is a difficult balance to maintain..good luck to you
  • mary36mary36 Member Posts: 52
    How much would it cost for a Sienna with DVD, Navigation, sunroof, power doors, leather and XM?

Can you get a back-up cam? Is there in-floor storage?

Thanks... I'm just a bit confused about all the packages Toyota offers.
    go to the TOYOTA USA site and build your Sienna..that will be the only way to tell for sure..
  • mary36mary36 Member Posts: 52
    But wouldn't that price differ from actual deals made? Are there any dealer incentives going on right now or rebates?

How about this... I'll scroll back through this thread and get an idea about pricing... but what trim level and package should I be looking for (with the above options)?
  • ucltuclt Member Posts: 2
    So you are $400 below the dealer's invoice? What is the delta between Edmunds invoiced and the dealer's invoice? What is the MSRP of your purchase? Thanks.
    Mary36,go to the Toyota Usa site and look around and build a Sienna the way you want it,is that simple. The price given there is MSRP(window sticker). Then go to Edmonds and build the vehicle again,but in Edmond you will get the MSRP,invoice (what dealers pay) and what most people are paying in reality.
    Your main toll is to be informed before you go to the dealer,remeber their objective is to sell as high as possible and your to buy as low as possible.Must times we shiuld meet in the middle right?..good luck to you
    Thanks, Juice. I will be asking you a few questions about the vehicle soon - let me share a story (purchasing experience) with yall. Lots of drama going on with this minivan purchase - long story medium -

The family vetoed my decision to buy the minivan. The logic - "You get all your goodies like HID and Dynamic cruise, we want the DVD, nav, and backup camera, too. Besides, we know you have been saving up for an Acura MDX, so now don't skimp on us". I tried to convince them about Portable Navi and 12.2" screen aftermarket DVD for $900+installation, but they just wont budge. Sooo -

A few days back we test drove a Sienna like that with dealer A, and I rejected it because of high price ($41,397+TTL). The deal for $34,805 was at dealer B. I went to dealer B, explained the situation and offered him the difference of MSRP between the 2 vans, if he could do a dealer transfer. He wanted $600 more for the transfer, realized that it didnt make sense for me, and gave me back the $1K I put down for the van the day before.

I call up dealer A, offer him my negotiated price at dealer B + difference of invoice between the vans - $37K for the $41,397 van. He agrees. Next morning he calls me to say he cannot sell me the van for $37K, I need to pay $146 more, and that was his best price. So I agree to $37,146+TTL.

Yesterday we (the whole family) went to the dealership, signed up the paperwork while they detailed the van, gassed it up, etc. One interesting conversation with the F&I manager trying to sell extended warranty and services - he wanted me to buy the 7yr/100K miles for $1,450. My response- "Yes, I would like to buy it, but on Edmunds, I read that I can buy it for $880 and any time before the 3yr/36K mile warranty expires. Why should I buy it from you, and now"? He didn't try to sell me anything else.

By the time all this was over, the babies got cranky, and we had to rush back home. So the sales guy could not show us how to operate all the thingies in the van. I just drove the van home and somehow parked it in the garage (couldn't figure out how to fold those external mirrors). I plan to go back to the dealer sometime and ask for these things.

Summary: Got the minivan for $37,146+TTL, Sienna Limited with EVP#2 (DVD, Navi, Backup Camera), Package (HID+Dynamic Cruise), running boards, spoiler, tow package, leather, moonroof, power folding 3rd row seat, that Vehicle Shield package - the whole 9 yards. I guess having a happy wife is more valuable than spending an extra $2,341+tax. It still comes down to $4,251 below MSRP, and on a 2008 model, so I am a happy camper.

Best wishes, - M.S.
    You did better than you think the average difference between invoice and sticker is about $4k...now you mentioned that you got power folding 3rd seat....I thought that that option was only on the FWD and not the AWD..congrats and enjoy it in the best of health and you are right a happy wife is a must...I am picking up my Sienna limited AWD with evp #1 and towing package tomorrow...do we need a mnivan?..NO!..we are retired but wife thinks about the garnd children (1 so far and she id 21/2)...lol.....
    You did well. I hopefully will pickup my XLE LTD tomorrow. The final price $36,067.00 for below:
    XLE Limited w/ options FE-emissions, GV-XLE Limited base model comb, HZ-Laser Cruise/HID headlamps, QL-XLE package #2, RM-daytime running lamps, TH-power third row seat, and CF-floor mats.
  • dhishidhishi Member Posts: 4
    I got my 08 LE $3K below MSRP looks like yours too is similar.
  • kgm7561kgm7561 Member Posts: 8
    Are there any active cash back programs that are currently active on 2008 Sienna? Any help will be apppreciated
  • hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    I am not sure, but in my area Sacramento,CA this weekend you can get an 08 LE for $23,400, they have like 20 in stock.
    no cash back, but following APR on 2008 Sienna.
    3.9% APR for 36 months
    4.9% APR for 48 months
    5.9% APR for 60 months
  • rlmiller9rlmiller9 Member Posts: 48
    Now that sounds like a really good deal!!
    I just cannot see spending 40K on one of these ?!?!?
    I just picked my Sienna this morning (Limited AWD,evp#1 and towing packge) the only I bout extra was the tire insurance,since the run flat tires acn be VERY expensive.That added another $10 a month on my lease and I think is worth it (remember no spare!)ah..it also covers the wheels....
  • finwifefinwife Member Posts: 6
    Hi..I am in Central NJ and just wondering HOW you got this deal! What was the MSRP?...I have a lease on an 04 ( which was somewhat disappointed with little things going wrong ) and am debating an Odyssey or (GASP!) the Caravan or T&C with the new 2nd row swivel seats...Haven't bought American yet.....TIA
  • madhuvmadhuv Member Posts: 2
    Hello All:
    what is the best price to pay for it fully loaded ( Guesstimate) is fine.
    I tried to configure one by one pkgs and missing lot of stuff.
    any help
    thanks
    madhu
    Try Glen Toyota )David Geyer business manager, can be very helpful ,very nice people all around,willing to work with prospective cuatomers..it will be worth your while..what do you have to loose?...I was very happy...Toyota Sienna great van..
    Oh, my van is FWD, not the AWD. I figured that in the plains, I won't need the AWD. Hmmm, so I got the 8 yards, not 9. Guess we needed the minivan because we need some vehicle to carry 4 adults and 2 infants in carseat around.

Good to see so many people are jumping on the bandwagon of XLE Limited - I didnt want to be one sore thumb sticking out - M.S.
    We have 4 adults and 2 infants in car seat in a 7-seater Sienna. Where should we put the car seats, and why?

Our initial thoughts - move the 2nd row right pass seat to the center, to have easy access to 3rd row. Then, we tried 2 configurations - (A=adult, B=baby, top=vehicle front)

Conf #1:
    A.A
    BB.
    A.A

and
    Conf #2:
    A.A
    BA.
    .BA

With Conf #1, it is easier to put the car seats in, but adults have no easy access to babies. On the plus side, you dont need to fold any seat for getting into 3rd row.

With Conf #2, an adult can reach each baby to stick in a pacifier, but we have to fold the seat and climb into the van to put the car seat in the 3rd row.

We also tried Conf $3 briefly -
    A.A
    BA.
    A.B

Now the A in the 3rd row is complaining with a feeling of being unable to get out of the car all by herself. We still need to fold the seat to get the car seat in. So far Conf #2 is what everyone is OK with. Any other suggestions?

Hosts: Please move the post to an appropriate forum if this is not the right place. Thank you, - M.S.
  • nmh3nmh3 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks M.S.,
    Your post is very helpful. I am deciding between the usual suspects (Odessey & Sienna). I am in Dallas too and would like to know which dealers you visited. I understand disclosing dealer names is acceptable in this forum. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

NH
  • desperatemom1desperatemom1 Member Posts: 6
    HELLO!I have been to 2 dealerships in SoCal one guy pushy and annoying BUT without knowing my credit said he could get me lease for $350, the other guy ran the credit and said $480 leased with 12K when I said no that i wanted less and more miles said no I was going to walk out then another guy came around said he would see what he can do after much bs finally got 420 but as we were going to sign says that only 12K I said no we discussed with other guy and said 15K got in my car and they running after us said OK We still left because I got sick from all this anxiety and pressure sales pitches BUT now I am worried because I originally wanted $400 payments and they said no way with my credit so why did they go to $420 from almost $500 PLEASE help me tell me if I can get a lease of $400 or better with poor credit BUT have great income and am rebuilding my credit after a BAD last 4 years. I need ADVICE soon I need to lease soon or should I wait till November will there be more deals then. HELPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!
    Hello NH,

Dealer A: Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney, TX.
    Take US75 North from Dallas, as you enter McKinney, you can see the dealership to your left. Take the 1st exit (I think ElDorado Pkwy), and make the double 270 turns to get on SB access road.

Dealer B: Toyota of Plano, 1001 Preston, 75093.
    Take Preston Road North. After you cross Pres George Bush Turnpike, the dealership is to your left. Basically, NW corner of Preston and PGBT. If you need the sales person details, send me a private e-mail.

For Honda, I visited Lute Riley Honda in Richardson (on SB US-75 between Arapaho and Campbell) and Frisco Honda at the crossing of US121 and Dallas North Tollway (N-W corner).

Hope this helps. Good luck on your car shopping, - M.S.
  • desperatemom1desperatemom1 Member Posts: 6
    Where are you located and did you have a good FICA score, average or poor just curious because I want to lease my Sienna LE 2008 and only has DVD (the large size) that is it nothing else oh yeah the 2 sliding doors and they are being really .... on price. I walked out and they called saying they would do 9 dollars less and that was it it had to be done deal I feel like I am being stiffed AM I????
    I am located in the Dallas area, and yes, I do have good credit score. Having said that, I wouldn't know whats a fair deal on leasing a Sienna LE. Personally I think leasing is a waste of money, but thats my opinion. Good luck in your car shopping, - M.S.
  • luckylouluckylou Member Posts: 308
    siennaclub.org
  • siennamisiennami Member Posts: 116
    Your lease deal sounds much better than mine and than others that I've seen. Of course no one can tell you what to do, ultimately you must make that decision. Some will tell you that leasing is a bad idea, but sometimes depending on the company, you might convert to a conventional loan. The prices that you've mentioned don't sound that terrible. Keep working on those salespeople until you get the deal that you want and need!

Best wishes!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter seeks to talk with owners and serious shoppers of the 2007 or 2008 Toyota Sienna who are also parents. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Thursday, November 15, 2007 and include your city and state of residence as well as the age of your child/ren.

Thanks for your consideration,
    Jeannine Fallon
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds Inc.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mommyjanmommyjan Member Posts: 17
    I need help! I'm looking at buying this in the next 2 weeks. I'm sooo lost! I'm a truck girl so this is a BIG change for me!

Looking at the Toyota 2007 LE. The one main option I know I want is the sliding doors on both sides being power. I do not care for the entertainment system of DVD. What option am I looking at going with for the sliding doors being power? I also live in suburbs of Chicago, so will the snow be an issue???? Please any help is appreciated!

Jan :confuse: