Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Oldsmobile Intrigue

Comments

• Options
    rbb2rbb2 Member Posts: 70
    shadow monkey - regarding A/I fan makes a rattling noise in the dash.. gets faster when I accelerate, I have a few noises in the dash:
    1. The blower fan beneath air filter for the cabin is not seated correct and makes a noise when it's on. It comes from the passenger side right where the blower is. If I run the fan on high for 5-10 minutes it seems to clear it up.
    2: A growl type noise that appears to come from the engine when accelerating and sounds as if it's coming through the vents. I posted a question last week asking if anyone has heard this noise. I got the following response:

"I am guessing that the noise you hear is the lock-out torque converter engaging and
    disengaging at around 40mph. After it engages engine revs drop, and you can feel the engine
    labor/shudder slightly under acceleration through the 40+ speed range.. My guess??? I feel that it is more noticeable with the 3.5 due to its torque curve and need for rpm to develop horsepower and
    smoothness. It labors and drones badly in the speed range of 40 through 55 under heavy gas pedal
    without switching to another gear freeing up the revs.."

I haven't addressed either with the dealer figuring they are worthless. Let me know if you have any luck.
  • Options
    j_colemanj_coleman Member Posts: 143
    In the news:

GENERAL MOTORS Corp. said its OnStar in-vehicle communications service is expected to generate $5 billion in annual revenue by 2005. The communications service currently lets subscribers make calls, check e-mail, get directions and trade stocks from their vehicles.

It's my understanding that GM wants to make OnStar a standard feature eventually for all of its vehicles. Does this mean I will have to subscribe to this service if I buy a GM vehicle? The hardware alone must add to the cost of the vehicle. Why do we have to pay for it if we don't want it?
  • Options
    jjpowell2jjpowell2 Member Posts: 91
    We're trading in the '91 Crown Victoria on a new Silver w/gray leather Intrigue GL tomorrow. Have been bargaining with dealer for 5 days and finally settled on a fair price. Sticker was $26,730. including options of rear spoiler, moon roof, tinted windows, & leather package. Couldn't pass up the 5/yr-50,000 mi warranty and 0-down, 0-interest, 0-payments til February 2002! Once the dealer threw in the 16" chrome wheels for $200 we took the deal. Total price including our trade-in and all tax & lic. was $22,200. Think it was a fair price and hope the car is as good as the Crown Vic was for us!!
  • Options
    14151415 Member Posts: 249
    jjpowell2:::::How can you complain it's free!!!You have bought a totally different car and I certainly hope you drove it before you signed the deal. This is funny so I really can't say any more....

Good Luck!?!?
  • Options
    Yes, we drove the Intrigue three different times. Took it on rough roads and the freeway. The ride is pretty stiff compared to the Crown Vic float, but our other car is a Chevy 4wd truck!! We also drove the Le Sabre, new Crown Vics and Sable. We're ready for what will probably be our last semi-sporty car. In the past we've had a Z-28 Camaro and a Thunderbird. Five to ten years down the road it will be time for another "floater"!
  • Options
    arnie82arnie82 Member Posts: 27
    1415: Nope, just like white6 said, driving down the highway with unessesary electrical stuff off (inch the A/C)
    Contacted my service department today and "yes we've had to replace a few of them for the same reason", I drop it off tommorow morning.

You may remember a string last week about a dispute with tire rotation and some noise at the rear end. I went to a second local dealer and explained the symptoms. Rather than attempt to dismiss it as customer error, they dug deep and found and replaced a faulty bearing on the right rear wheel.

The service manager at first dealership had really taken a slack approach to the problem, just shrugged his shoulders said that "sometimes the tires wear quickly like that" and pointed to their policy of rotating every 6000 miles. I went back to them a second time and took a mechanic for a test drive. His explanation was "road noise" and the same crap the service guy went on about rotating the tires "right at 6000 miles" (I did mine at 7700)
    The mechanic from the 2nd dealership noted the fault as soon as he heard it and his comment was "sounds like a bearing". The quality of service and people skills of the 2nd dealer completely out shined the first. I won't go back there, even for an oil filter.

Hey htwired this was in Milwaukee...
  • Options
    b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    Enjoy your car. Big improvement over a crown vic.
    Looks like you got a good deal.
  • Options
    I am driving behind a big **s Denali or something today and thinking what is the purpose of these vehicles.

I own a mid size car that gets great highway gas mileage, handles well, is good looking, and offers a lot for the $21,800 that i paid for it. I can now buy this same vehicle, better equipped for about $20,000 due to GM's problems.

The MSRP of a fully loaded intrigue or similiarly sized sedan is about $30,000. For that amount of money I get a luxurious very well equipped vehicle, that doesn't have a huge amount of interior room or trunk capacity.

For the same amount of money, or just $2-4K more I can get a SUV, that has a little more passenger space, better visibility, and a huge amount of cargo space, plus towing ability.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why people buy these things. I think that the manufacturers have artificially increased the MSRP of passenger vehicles knowing that for just a little more the consumer would buy the SUV, allowing the manufacturer to make additional profit, since SUVs are less costly to produce.

This is why you see rebates on passenger vehicles more often.

Ideally the passenger vehicles should be priced about $1000 less. More of them would be sold. Their CAFE would be higher, rebates would be offered less often and the manufacturers would make a little less money because less SUV's would be produced. JMHO
  • Options
    zinc1zinc1 Member Posts: 133
    Where are you guys finding the monthly unit sales numbers on the Intrigue, Aurora, and Alero?
  • Options
    www.autosite.com
  • Options
    bhopkins3bhopkins3 Member Posts: 3
    After much thought and comparison's I just purchased my first Olds' Intrigue; it is a 2000. I love the way this car handles, but I have experienced a problem in the last 2 days. After starting my car, turning on the lights, and driving a short distance my headlights seem to dim. They seem to dim and within minutes they dim again. This has only happened 2 times, both at night (of course). When they dim it is just really minor and it happens fast. My husband was driving the first time and he said he felt that some of the power was lost, but when it happened to me today I didn't notice it, maybe, I was just concerned about the lights and didn't pay attention to the power. I haven't called the dealer yet, but will do so in the next couple of days. Just thought I would post this to see if anyone else has had this problem. Hope you can help.
  • Options
    etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    So they are still counting chads in FL? What are they going to do if somehow Gore pulls ahead in the count, boot W out of the White house? BTW, he will address congress this evening. I've had my Intrigue's electrical system loaded to max before(heater fan on high, rear defogger on, high beams on, radio on) and I've also got a cd changer ad a cellular phone added to the car's electrical system and the only time I've noticed the lights get dim is when the ABS or traction control kicks in. Next time I've got the system maxed out again, I'll pop the cig lighter in just to see what happens:) I've never noticed on the Intrigue, but on my father's 95 Aurora hot weather seems to bog the electrical system down. I've driven his Aurora before and on hot humid summer nights with the A/C going and the headlights on, when idling in traffic the dash lights do get a bit dimmer and on that car you can key up the volts on the driver info center and they have been as low as 11.6 whereas the car usually runs 14.9 or so. As soon as you step on the gas, it goes back up. I've tried this in cold weather with the seat heaters on, heater fan on high, and rear defogger on and it still stays at about 14.5 so hot weather is the real culprit on that car. It is also worth noting the car is still on it's original battery. Also, the Intrigue does not do this, but on the Aurora when you turn on the rear defogger, the engine speed actually increases slightly due to the increased load. That huge heated backglass must really draw the juice.

jjpowell2, congratulations on the Intrigue. Hope you enjoy yours. Looks like you got a pretty good deal too.
  • Options
    hammen2hammen2 Member Posts: 1,284
    Hey htwired and arnie82, which Milwaukee dealers are you talking about with your service issues?

I live in Waukesha, and I've been contemplating getting an Intrigue (trading up from my trusty '96 Lumina - hey, it may be a "generic" car, but it was cheap and it's been very reliable for me). Mother-in-law works in the Janesville plant, so between that and the GM card...

Of course, I ran across a pretty sweet Aurora (98) while window-shopping at a local dealer on Sunday. The Intrigue's not radically different, looks-wise, than my Lumina, but the Aurora is. I've always loved the classic Aurora (but not sure I'd want to take on the V-8 and premium fuel, as well as a used car). On the other hand, the Aurora'd be less expensive and wouldn't depreciate as fast, not being new (I'd plan on keeping the car for at least 4-5 years).

I only drive 10k/yr now (put 26k on the Lumina the first year, when mother-in-law lived in Michigan and worked at the Lake Orion plant building Auroras - put 10k per year on after she transferred to Janesville). I've driven her 2 Auroras, but, since they've been her car and not mine, I've had to be... gentle with them. Size-wise, the Aurora's big (on the outside) and heavy, and doesn't have that much room inside (mother-in-law is 5', I'm 6' and about twice her weight :-).

I guess I need to go drive 'em both, side-by-side. If I go Intrigue, I'll probably test both the GL and GLS (see if PCS really does improve low-end torque, something I use on a daily basis :-)

I've never purchased an extended warranty before, but, if I went with the used Aurora, I'd probably do so. If I went Intrigue, the 5 year/60,000 would probably do me just fine...

Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions (other than to go drive the cars, which I'm going to do) would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

--Robert
  • Options
    Noticed that the edge of my right front tire is worn quite a bit. Will probably have to buy a new set when i turn it in. I have 31,000 miles on mine, which means i can only put 5,000 on it over the next 12 months. Yeah right!!!

I checked the air pressure and there was 32 lbs all around. Pumped the fronts up to 35 lbs and what a difference in handling! It turns in quicker and definitely sticks in the corners better.

The ride is a little firmer but i can live with it. The trim around the rear door has started vibrating again. I will have to fix that.
  • Options
    etharmon:::::::Dubya came out O.K. on the recount from what I hear.. Of course there is another side to the story as we all know.

b4z:::::::Right front tire; bouncing off of curbs or power slides. Not rotating regularly-tsk-tsk..

Off to the Doc and then to the dealer to have this dumb exhaust system installed..Also the service manager will get grilled today on front end problems--NOISE.
  • Options
    dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Sounds like the alternator problem some people have had. Some people get flickering lights, some get occasional dimming. Have it replaced under warranty, it's a half day job.
  • Options
    oscarz2oscarz2 Member Posts: 153
    Front-end noise: may be jounce bumper issue.
    Mine does it when turning right and braking. Lubing the jounce bumpers may silence it temporarily. Last year, a mechanic (after 3 days of troubleshooting) pinpointed the noise to the jounce bumpers and lubed them good and noise was gone. It returned in a couple of weeks. Basically, if enough lube is in the right spot, it goes away for a while. There are other noise issues to consider such as intermediate shaft, etc. Have mechanic ride with you so he/she can hear it.

Hot lights: Don't turn your dash lights all the way up. Keep the dial about halfway or a tad more. All Intrigues are this way (based on previous posts).

Window thump: My driver window all of a sudden had this problem last week. Dealer fixed it. Paperwork said "window regulator bent/ removed door panel and straightened stop".

Gap in dash at a/c vents: many (including me) had this problem. Some got a new dash. My dealer replaced center vent covers (said they are sometimes cut differently). I don't know if they actually did or not but when I picked it up, the gaps were gone. I was told it will only reoccur (design flaw) so I put super glue in the seam when I got home. This was about 8 months ago. No gaps. Believe it or not, many were coming out of the factory this way (poor quality control). Apparently, the dash was redesigned for newer Intrigues.
  • Options
    Looking forward to picking up our new car this morning but am prepared to walk out if any extra charges show up on the paperwork. Think we got a great price considering we turned down the $2000 discount to get the 0-payments til Feb. 2002. Will let you know if we seal the deal!
  • Options
    How did you get the car for $22,000 if you turned down the $2000? It would seem that the dealer is selling the car to you for invoice, less dealer holdback, less the $400 spiff to the salesman, less the $100 to the general manager. They must be making it up on the camaro.
    You still got a deal though.
  • Options
    No bouncing off curbs or power slides, but i am partial to early apex in, power out. If you get my drift (pun intended).
    Have you ever noticed that in hard cornering that the inside front tire squeals. Shouldn't it be the outside tire? Maybe it is just an intrigue anomaly.
  • Options
    tblacknitetblacknite Member Posts: 5
    My 2000 GL just turned 40,000 miles today. Sorry 1415, but I still have the original tires, rotors which have never been turned, brake pads, and front end. Only trip to the dealer was early on when a fuel vapor return hose came loose. Sorry to see Olds go because I would certainly buy another Intrigue in 4 or 5 years when I wear this one out. This is a great highway car but I must say, if you do most of your driving in city traffic, you may want to look at something else. Maybe a 4 cylinder something. Be careful out there.
  • Options
    jg28jg28 Member Posts: 257
    It's the alternator. Call your dealer and tell them there is a service bulletin on the problem and that they'll need to order the newly redesigned alternator. Mine should be in this week and we'll see if that repairs the problem. Unfortunately we're heading into spring and mine never had a problem in warmer weather before. (Make sure you get the newly redesigned alternator. I've had mine replaced once and the problem seemed solved but reappeared 3 months later).
  • Options
    Can anyone explain tire size to me? Like, for instance, what does P235/60R16 mean?

I've posted before about my handling problems (I've a 2000 Intrigue with Eagle LS), have had them check suspension etc... does anyone think this could be an alignment problem? I really have noticed a drastic decrease in handling.
  • Options
    Good to hear your update and that all is well. Your car is a cream puff and the you certainly deserve the "gold star". Maybe my couple million miles of driving has caused me to lose the edge.

You know the brake story and the tires will be gone by another 4k miles=40k total..Speed kills the life..The tire tread edges are barely worn; but the centers are almost down to the reminder bar.. The balance out of the box was great and wheel alignment is right on.. Hate to buy another set of tires for it is a pain in backside getting them balanced..

SLP exhaust went on without any hiccup and its not noisy or raspy and is only noticed at lower speeds..The dealer put it on and still has the old system. The SLP does eliminate the resonator so noise level is higher. Lets face it; the Intrigue is a big noise factor so any additional racket is hardly noticeable. My opinion of the different exhaust is 50/50..You will sound different from the stoplight and get someones attention; probably a drag race. You might end up driving faster, getting tickets, and burning more petrol. The cost on the car including all charges is $421.00..The rear view is obviously better looking since the twin outlets are 2 1/2" dia. ea.

No progress on the front end noise--struts are in great shape--jounce bump syndrome!!!!!!No cure except to replace with aftermarket kind..
  • Options
    My Intrigue lights dimmed a little once on a VERY cold night a few weeks ago. It has never done it again. Does it have something to do with the cold??
  • Options
    jg28: check www.tirerack.com for the information you seek on tire sizes. I think this is how it breaks down:

235 - tire is 235 millimiters wide
    60 - aspect ratio of the tire (60% X 235 = 141 millimeters from the rim of the wheel to the top of the tire)
    R - Radial
    16 - 16-inch wheel diameter
  • Options
    A 70 series tire is taller than a 60 series tire.
    Using his example, 141mm X 2 = 282mm. 282mm divided by 25.4 mm = 11.1 inches. Add 11.1 inches
    to the 16 inch rim diameter and you have a tire
    27.1 inches tall.

This is a great formula for calculating plus 1 and plus 2 tire sizing.

Probably more info than you wanted. But i live for this stuff.
  • Options
    arnie82arnie82 Member Posts: 27
    Bought my 2000 at Amato on N76th. They're quite a way out from where I live on the South side but I was happy with the deal. Arrow was unable to find the problem specified. I won't give them a second chance with future service.
  • Options
    Would have posted sooner, but had a tee time at the golf course. What a pleasant surprise to find the bottom line a bit LOWER than expected. They gave us $3000 trade on the '91 Crown Vic, had a $500 Phoenix Open rebate and total price(inc. all tax & lic.) came out to $22,225. Nothing down, 0% interest til 2-27-2002 and first payment 3-27-2002. With the 5 year warranty we feel comfortable. Dealt directly with the sales manager and said we'd walk if they couldn't work the figures. They were under pressure to meet a quota and that was to our advantage. The car looks SOOOO good in the garage and can't wait to give her more of workout in the next few days!!
  • Options
    Congrats are in order. Take it easy for the first 500 miles.
  • Options
    bhopkins3bhopkins3 Member Posts: 3
    Can you elaborate a little more concerning the "service bulletin"? Where can I find more information regarding it?
  • Options
    Your dealer will know where to find it. They have access to all the bulletins, don't worry. Just mention it when you go in.
  • Options
    etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    Can you notice any improvement in the car's performance with the new exhaust. I bet that does look neat with those larger exhaust outlets. Much better than the coffee can fart pipe addition you see on so many Asian cars.

alternator and dash gap, I guess I missed both of those on my 98 as my lights don't flicker or get dim except a slight dimming when the ABS or Traction Control first engages. And I've looked at my dash vents numerous times and the fit around the opening is very tight. However, I did have a service loaner once that did have a gap above the center vents.
  • Options
    Yes, the cold has something to do with it. I'd take it in because even though it will only do it once, it'll more than likely happen again, just watch. That's exactly how mine started. The problem is HIGHLY intermittent. It'll happen sometimes and not happen other times but definitely more in the cold.

My service manager had no problem finding the technical service bulletin when I told him about it but he did say Olds forgot to include the part number though for the new alternator, if you can believe that!

If you would like more information on the bulletin, just call Oldsmobile customer care.
  • Options
    to improve the road noise? Did it help? So all you Pilot XGT H4 fans... please tell me what the heck tire size I'm supposed to be lookin for as far as price goes. Can I really get the widest one?
  • Options
    entyywentyyw Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue used last year and it had 25,000 miles on it. I noticed a rattle in the steering just after I had purchased it. I took it to a dealer and they replaced the intermediate steering shaft. It was fine up until recently when the same problem started occurring. It has only been 7 months and 8,000 miles since the shaft was replaced. I have noticed many other vehicle owners are having the same problems. Is there anything I should ask the dealer to do that will correct this problem permanently? Since the vehicle is now out of warranty, should the dealer be totally responsible for fixing this at their cost?
  • Options
    Go get it fixed again. There should be no cost as it was recently fixed. This is the main reason I always tell people to stay away from 98s. While it should not re-occur, it seems that it does for some reason.
  • Options
    You can probably go to a 245 section tire, but i think our rims are only 6.5 to 7 inches wide. So i wouldn't go to a 245 tire. If you do go wider you will need to go to a lower aspect ratio, like a 50 or 55 series tire. If you went to a 245/50 then the rim size would need to be 17" to get the same tire height.
    The last thing that you would want to do is go to a taller or shorter tire that will affect your speedometer and computer.
    I would stay with the 225. Just get a more performance oriented tire. The michelin is a good choice and i think it puts a little more rubber on the road than the goodyears.
  • Options
    one2oneone2one Member Posts: 626
    The other day I drove a 2001 Intrigue GLS, midnight blue, neutral interior, PCS package. etharmon, you would have loved it!

Anyway, I made it a point to determine if noise had been reduced. The answer is: depends on your perspective. I must say it is noticeably reduced as I had jumped out of my '98 into the '01. If you're coming out of a Maxima, then it might not sound like anything special. For those considering another Intrigue, the sound is better muted although it could still stand to be better. Rubber undercoating might do it. But unless you live in an area where it snows a lot, it might not be worth it.
  • Options
    When I did my test drive of above stated Intrigue, I got the chance to push it on a 2 lane road on a hill. The speed limit was 50 and the guy in the 4-banger was only doing 30. When the opportunity arose, I passed him and got back in my lane. What I didn't realize until I looked down was that I was doing 85 and never even realized it! I must say, I was impressed.

We've been on this debate before but I revisited it for my own satisfaction. The 3.5 is very nice; so is the 3800. The two feel and drive differently but I won't say one is *better* than the other, just *different* if you follow me. I will say that it wouldn't be difficult to go from the 3800 to the 3.5.
  • Options
    I definitely prefer the 3.5. There are times when someone gets a jump on me at a stoplight that i wish i had the 3800, but i am getting to old for that, and usually tuck in behind them and go to my turn off following them.

The smoothness, refinement and sound of the 3.5 above 3500 rpm is incredible. Its passing power at 55 mph never ceases to give me a grin. I will never go back to pushrods in a sedan.

You need to buy that intrigue one2one.
  • Options
    white6white6 Member Posts: 588
    You mentioned that you haven't had the flickering lights problem with your '98... does it have the 3.8 or the 3.5? My theory is that the 3.8 models don't exhibit this problem.
    entyyw... Any warranty repair is supposed to be covered for a minimum of 12 months/12,000 miles, regardless of original warranty.
  • Options
    djtempdjtemp Member Posts: 1
    My Intrigue has had the driver door start to Stick several times over the past 2 years. When I go to the dealer, they fix it at N/C; but I always forget to ask what the problem was and how I can fix it myself. It feels like the rubber seal is what is sticking when I try to open the door.

Has anyone had this problem, and is it easy to fix myself, so I don't have to go to the dealer again?

THanks
  • Options
    racer_x_9racer_x_9 Member Posts: 91
    The revel molding (the hard plastic with the chrome trim) at the top of the window slides back and contacts the rear door. If you look at where it starts, near the outside mirror, you will probably see a gap.

The temp fix is to open the door and tap the end of the molding with a rubber hammer.

The permanent fix is to have it replace. Since mine was replaced no problem.

I would tap it back for now and have the dealer replace it next time you are there. It must be a widespread problem since when i took mine in the dealer insisted on replacing the passenger door too, since it would be next.

Good luck
  • Options
    Funny you should mention it. I dropped the car off to get the accesory belt replaced and they had the '01 sitting in front of the dealer for everyone to see. Even my wife wanted me to get it, especially since it has been sitting for a few months. The only reason I didn't pursue it further is because the GLS w/PCS has a sunroof. While I could get in I felt myself digging my head into my shoulders so I wouldn't scrape my head. I asked if they had any GLs coming w/o sunroof but w/PCS in Midnight Blue w/neutral but no one seems to have them. I'm talking from Trenton, NJ straight down to Wilmington, DE and everywhere in between.

When I got my car back it felt so good I started loosing my head trying to decide whether to get the '01 or not. At 72,000 miles and a new belt, it feels brand new. Really. So I resolved (not very resolutely) to wait for '02. Check back in a few weeks. I'm sure I will have changed my mind :)
  • Options
    vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    Size 225/60/R16's to match the size of the stock Intrigue tires... Just over $100 us at www.tirerack.com. You could go with 235/55/16's but then I think your speedo would be showing fast (like showing 60mph when you are only going 58) and this uncommon size is probably not available in many tires. 245's would probably be too wide.
  • Options
    lindseylindsey Member Posts: 41
    Took my '99 GL with 25k in for oil/filter/lube yesterday. I also had them check my battery due to nonstart situation recently. They replaced the battery at no charge.

Also, I had recently noticed some brake pulsation. Mechanic said while there was plenty of front brake pad left, they were developing some grooves and some "distortion". From what, he could or would not say. Bottom line, they say the fix is replacement of front pads and re surfacing the front rotors at a cost of $130. So far I passed on the work as the problem isn't that noticeable yet. If anyone out there has had a similar experience but has had the brakes fixed at no charge through a TSB or otherwise, please let me know. P.S. I do not have the Autobahn brakes.
  • Options
    lindsey: Sounds like your dealer is trying to make some money off you. I feel that abnormal brake pulsation should be covered under your warranty since you still have plenty of pad left. Having the battery replaced fixed the nonstarting/rough starting problem in my '99 GL for about 4 months. I was left stranded once when my car wouldn't start. Rough starting still happens every once in a while. I have a new crankshaft sensor too because the car was stalling and the "service engine soon" light was on. The dealer has also tightened my battery cables, but it still continues. I'm OK with it because it happens infrequently and has no effect while driving.
  • Options
    lindsey::::::Consider yourself lucky that it made 25k before needing attention. I am the board's worst problem driver.. My front brakes have been turned twice in 34k miles and the rears were turned once at maybe 15k and rotors/pads replaced at 21k..All no charge. There is a TSB on the rear brakes which should get you free rotors and pads. The Intrigue brakes are total junk; but you are not a brakey driver.. The new battery is not on my list as yet..probably the side posts are falling out!!

Folks the side terminal batteries tend to fail due to the posts becoming loose..

Had a quick business trip today--Detroit to Holland Mi and return--total 402 miles. For 80% of the miles I cruised between 2500/2750rpms and got 26.2 mpg. Temp was cold 15/30F. The SLP muffler is okay and does hum along with some noise; but not rednecky. I will have to say that this motor was broken in using the rapid fashion with varying speeds. Oil consumption is around a qt/2000 miles using whatever the Olds dealer pours.

It was a fast day and several times we hit the triple digit for a mile or two. Had a 300M and an identical Intrigue with heavy pedal drivers and in traffic it was difficult to sustain a nutty pace of triple+.

dindak::::::The stock market is getting a little crazy; but I shall buy in tomorrow with more average down baloney. I am heavy in software and chips---but not in the chips..
  • Options
    deg007deg007 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 intrigue. twice this month the wipers have stopped working in snow and ice. the dealer has to fix the "transmission " from the wiper motor to the wiper assembly. is this happening to other people? mechanic said it is a design flaw and there is nothing to do. I cant drive in snow or ice for fear it will break again. wipers are a basic safety feature like brakes. what can be done about this.