Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Intrigue

Comments

• etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    Well, I hate to tell Bedard but I've never been embarassed by my Intrigue in front of friends or co-workers(or my old 89 Toronado for that matter). In fact, the Intrigue has been quite the contrary as I've embarassed numerous Hondas and Toyotas at stoplights. Okay so thats a bit juvenile, but whats the fun of having a car with some balls if you don't enjoy it a bit? Funny how Bedard must not have read the long term review of the Intrigue in the June 1999 edition.

b4z, how is that Pat Benatar DVD? I've got her greatest hits cd. Thats another good one for crankin while driving. My co-worker made the remark about the sound of the engine on his 2000 GLS that it sounds better than anything on the radio these days.

white6, I think the foglights compliment the look of the Intrigue. Even if they are more cosmetic than functional. My 98 does not have them and slots in the bottom of the bumper are open and it just doesn't look as good. Speaking of foglights, have you guys seen the current Maxima without foglights? It's like there is a dark grey round plug in the hole where foglights go on higher end models. Looks purely cheap to me.
  • vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    Well on the way to work today on the highway, had a run in with a Mustang, mid 90's I would guess, one of the slow years where they only had 215 or so hp.

We were both being held up by a left lane hog going about 120km/hr, and when they finally pulled over to the right we did a run to about 175 or so. Neither car gained on the other. We did it again a minute later or so, and again we were even, then it was time for me to exit. Was a lot of fun.. With the weather warming up I'm supposed to be getting better gas mileage, but my foot is having other ideas!
  • ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,085
    Try the "Two Against Nature" DVD by Steely Dan. Some great playing there. The Dan are on a roll; 4 Grammys and inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this week.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    bz4 : Bummer on the DVD being only 60 minutes. Not sure how you know ahead of time how good the DVD will be. You feel taken, especially when you pat $15-30 for one.

Etharmon : Fog lights are a must on the Intrigue. The car has a VERY Aurora like look to it when they are on. My wife followed me in the Intrigue once and I kept looking in the mirror and admiring the good looks, especially with those fogs on.

Noticed in a Tahoe ad today that the rims look a lot like the 2000+ Intrigue rims. I guess other divisions are already helping them selves to the Oldsmobile treasure chest.
  • desmierdesmier Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a 99 X. Does anyone know if it is possible to access the repair history of a used car over the web, or does it only reside in some dealer's stand-alone computer?
  • jjpowell2jjpowell2 Member Posts: 91
    How many noticed that Sipowitz on NYPD Blue was driving an Intrigue in last night's episode? Too bad it wasn't an all-out chase scene. It's the first time I've seen it on TV other than in ads.
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    The dvd is okay, but is dated. Sound quality is pretty good. Cymbals cut through really well. Not sure i would recommend it unless you are a true benatar fan. Pat's husband Neil Geraldo is a killer guitar player, probably as good as Eddie Van Halen. Very underrated.
    Was also disappointed in "Almost Famous" should have rented it.
    I had a dice with a 4.6L Mustang several years ago. My camaro has 215 hp, and the Mustang had 215 hp. At the light i jumped a car length ahead and stayed there until we shut down at 70 mph. I just have to remind myself to shift at 4800 rpm, because the camaro has no top end power. I suspect that if we had done a rolling start from 55 mph, he would have beaten me.
    I have actually gained on a 4.6L Mustang on the highway in the intrigue, but there were three people in the Mustang.
  • 14151415 Member Posts: 249
    To avoid any controversy I will stick to the mundane subject of economy. Filled up with my favorite octane 87; and registered 25.34mpg; this is phenomenal considering my driving habits..This is alot of short run driving with some high speed blasts, winter weather, snow, and heavy traffic..

Tomorrow I have a little 400 mile business jaunt; straight southbound I-75 into the heart of Asian owned auto supplier plants serving the Hondas, Toyotas, and Nissans of American. Don't worry I am dealing with 100% American owned businesses..

Isn't it funny that the Japanese have stole a great percentage of our auto business and their banking institutions are busted-broke-and near belly-up. As you know I could say more about this whole mess for it is helping to pan our stock market on a daily basis..

The worst is yet to come!!!!
  • jg28jg28 Member Posts: 257
    I've never had a car with foglights and didn't realize the Intrigue's were just cosmetic. They've got to help somewhat in fog. And yeah maybe a part of me just wants to look cool driving around with foglamps.

I still think the cornering lamps are a bit odd. Last night on the freeway I made a lane change and the cornering lamp lighted the entire side of the vehicle in the next over lane. It was kinda embarassing really. My buddies that ride with me all think they're cool though.

I remember someone posted a bit back saying he/she hated the sound of the turn signal lamps. I quite like them really. I feel like I'm in a foreign car when I hear the loud ticks. I just like them.

Does anyone else always hit their foot on the parking brake lever when getting out? Dang that bugs me. I sat in a Catera the other day and loved how the floor was level with the door. I have big feet and it's pretty difficult to get out of my Intrigue since the floor's so much lower than the door opening.
  • jg28jg28 Member Posts: 257
    When I read that in Ward's I couldn't believe it. I'm SO GLAD that the car isn't called Cutlass Supreme. I think using a name for heritage sake is too trendy these days. I, for one, am glad that Olds dropped Cutlass from their lineup. I do, however, think that 98 would've been a cool moniker for the Intrigue, so long as it was numerical and non spelled out Ninety-Eight. 98. Ooh... just think of all the young marketing possibilities... with that band 98 degrees singing about Oldsmobiles. Think of it... a remake of "Come away with me Lucille."

Maybe I should be in advertising but I really have this commercial in my mind about a guy pulling up in a black Intrigue, a lady standing on a balcony... it's night... she's in a long white scarf... he says "come away with me Lucille"... and then they're seen getting into the sleek black Intrigue and the song "come away with me Lucille, in my merry Oldsmobile" plays softly in the background, while a lady whispers... "Intrigue.... Oldsmobile"
  • jgriffjgriff Member Posts: 362
    "Hell Freezes Over" [DVD 1994] 99 minutes.

Can be purchase for 19.99 @ Target. Great sound quality.
    They killed the name when they labelled everyhing Cutlass.. Cruisers, Cieras, Calais. Might as well have called the last one Cutlass Malibu, two classic names, one car!

jg28: hmm I never thought of the embarassment of the cornering lamps. Now I'm going to be self conscious of that. Maybe they should have had more x-files related ads. I remember x-files newsgroups talking about test driving car because of deals related to the show.
    Mention a certain word and guess who appears?????

If it smells fishy; then you know who bites!!!!

It's the mole; and I have been reported to the central committee!!!!

I knew our friend could not resist the temptation..

My mistake was buying an Intrigue; however that experience has been enlightened by the a group of truly well-mannered/knowledgeable, and well-spoken Intrigue owners with whom I have shared the ownership thrills..
  • rbb2rbb2 Member Posts: 70
    1415 - Took the car in yesterday and the dealer confirmed that they heard the noise. Trouble was they couldn't get to it until next Tuesday. Told Olds cust assist. they heard it and gave them the name of the guy. At least this is a start.

jg28 - I hit the parking brake when I get in the car all the time. Then I don't know if I set it part way or not so I set it all the way and then release it just to make sure. Pain in the rear.

Does anyone else feel that the radio controls in the steering wheel are kind of a waste? There isn't a AM/FM button so I have to take my eyes off the road to change to FM1, FM2 and AM. That means I spend a few seconds trying to find the button because I don't drive the car a lot. Sort of defeats the purpose. Also, there isn't a button to switch between cd/tape/radio. If the bean counters left this out because of $$ then they should have just left it out all together. I will admit it's nice to have volume control though.
  • lee18lee18 Member Posts: 45
    Finally got around to having my service department replace my rear bumper after they damaged it last month.

They gave me a 2000 Cadillac DeVille as a loaner. What a relic from the '80s that car is. Boring boxy styling, straight lines inside and out. No guts and a floaty suspension. The steering wheel completely obscured the speedometer when the wheel was at a comfortable height. Must have been designed for 5'1" oldsters. The column mounted shifter required an excessive amount of force to operate.

It had a few more gadgets than the Intrigue but was nowhere as fun to drive and is too big to use in-town. On the plus side, the seat belt retractor was very smooth and the sound system (not Bose) sounded better than the Intrigue.

Cadillac will probably go the way of Olds once the current 60+ generation goes away.
  • lee18lee18 Member Posts: 45
    Fingertip radio controls are a must for me. My 89 Firebird GTA had most of the radio and tape control buttons on the wheel, but unfortunately with the advent of airbags they don't have as much space as they used to for lots of buttons. I miss the mute button especially.
    rbb2 : Love the steering wheel controls! I don't switch to FM2 or AM though.

lee18 : Cadillac is coming out with some cool stuff. The new roadster, the EXT and CTS all look very promising and the 2002 Escalade has been getting very good reviews. Even though the DeVille is a bit old school there is some cool technology in them too.
    I only listen to the radio for one talk/sports radio station as I really have no love for mainstream stations (especially annoying morning shows) and radio sound quality. The 10 disc in the trunk comes handy. There is an interface to make my Sony deck work with GM steering wheel controls.

As for Cadillac, I see their sedans not doing that well because it seems in that price range right now people either want true sports sedans (with weight balance, stick shift availability, road feel and handling), or Sport Utes. GM has a lot of UTES but no sports sedans.
    Intrigue or Cutlass Supreme really would not have mattered to me. I look for substance, not a name. I think Cultass Supreme would have had more recognition as Intrigue does not ring a bell. And it seems a few people get Intrigue confused with Intrepid.

jgriff, the only thing better than the Eagles Hell Freezes Over on DVD was actually being at the concert!
    The Intrigue's radio controls are pretty limited and there is no climate control on the wheel. My father's Aurora has volume and tuning buttons on one side of the wheel and temperature and fan speed on the other. And I think they are integrated better on the Aurora's wheel too. Now, you want steering wheel controls, you should have seen my 89 Toronado. It didn't have an airbag so I guess they were able to fit more buttons on it but for the radio it had volume, tuning, AM/FM, and preset scan and for the climate it had temperature, fan speed, and mode.

I like cornering lights as they give someone who may be two lanes over and about the come your way another indicator that you are changing lanes.

As for Cadillacs, I like them alot. They are not going the way of Oldsmobile. I think part of droping Oldsmobile was so that GM could focus more on their other brands and Cadillac gets alot of attention and they have some excellent models and even better ones in the pipeline. The base Deville may be rather soft riding and I think that is the intention, but the DTS version is pretty impressive and did pretty well in a comparision test MT did with luxury sedans costing nearly $20K more. The STS is a very underrated car as it is a far better value than an MB E-class and unless sheer performance it your number one criteria, it is a better buy than a 5 series Bimmer.
    dindak ::: I paid closer to MSRP with the CL than the Intrigue [no doubt], however I have far few headaches to contend with. FYI: On my CL deal, I got $700 discount plus several hundred dollars of accessories thrown into the deal. Net effect was a little more than a $1000 off, after only 4-months into the first year of a new model year [GRANTED, I had to work them hard to get that]. Pricing was comparable to a loaded GL & GLS, before the December dooms day.

The BOSE in my Intrigue was heads & shoulder BETTER, than what Acura put in the CL [it is adequate at best].

I have bought & sold 4 new foreign models over the last decade, never have I even come close to paying MSRP. To me any discounts less than 500 would be deemed as merely a dealer token discount and one might as well be paying full price.

I wonder if any one here, remembers how much discounting [if any] Olds was giving during the first 6-12 months of the Intrigue introduction back in 97-98??
    That DVD was actually the first one i bought when i got my player 2 years ago. It is pure ear candy and is great for demoing my system to friends.
    The downside is that it is a little bright sounding and i am not sure how i feel about being placed in the middle of the band. Seems a little unrealistic to me. I prefer my surrounds to give me ambient and bounceback info.
    I actually prefer the Fleetwood Mac dvd in PCM and the Peter Frampton one in DTS.
    Was driving around yesterday like a granny and really appreciate the seamless tranny shifts and the smoothness of the engine.
    Tires have lost a lot of tread and it is quieter because of it. still noisy over concrete though.
  • j_colemanj_coleman Member Posts: 143
    vcjumper: Please give us some more info on the Sony deck that works with the factory steering wheel radio controls.
    Just an example of many products out there..

<href ="http://www.discountcarstereo.com/SWRC.htm">Discount Car stereo
    Was in chicago a few years ago and came straight through around 2pm. No problems.
    b4z :: The bright sounds that you refer to may somewhat be caused by your digital cable connections. I have heard that brightness on other people systems, but not on mine. Fleetwood is my 2nd DVD purchase, I love it as well.

etharmon :: You lucky dog you, that would have been the best, NO doubt. But at least with a DVD you can play it over & over til you get tired of it. Todays modern tech is wonderful, keeps getting better & better.

FWIW: I do miss the 8-speaker BOSE setup on the Ingtrigue, it had more BANG and sounded a lot better than the 6-speaker BOSE on my other car [you know the one].
    jgriff : Kinder and more gentle these days huh?

ickes : I'm not sure the Cutlass name would have helped Intrigue. I don't think it would have hurt though.

It's amazing how many of us are into these music DVDs. I want to get the Eagles DVD, but it seems like it's always sold out or not on sale. I'm not paying $30 for it.
    I remember when there were great deals on DVD online, but coupons have dried up and places have gone out of business. That Eagles DVD has amazing DTS sound.
  • ickesickes Member Posts: 82
    I don't think the Cutlass name would have helped either. I am more inclined to think that it would've hurt given the dismal GM10 based Cutlass from 1985 to 1994 and the venerable Cutlass Ciera. Personally, I believe that GM had worn "Cutlass" out.
    1997 on the Cutlass Supreme. What exactly is a Cutlass Supreme anyway, a really fancy sword?
    As you can see, I'm rather bored today at work. Anyway,given that many here seem interested in future GPs as replacements for their Intrigues, Pop Mechanics has the following sketchy info. I think the car in the picture looks alot like the two photos they have of the up coming Cadillac CTS. Check it out:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/perl/spy_fetch.pl?cat=det

Well for those of you who are Canadian or live near the border and may be in the market for tire replacements, Canadian Tire is now selling Goodyear Allegra tires. They look a lot like the Eagle LS, maybe slightly wider for the same width, and are T-rated, fairly long wear rated tires. They are dirt cheap on introductory sale right now, at about $180 Canadian a pair for Intrigue size 225/60R16's..
    ickes: what country are you from? I don't recognize the flag.

I do believe the cutlass name would have helped recognition. People would have come into trade their old cutlasses (cutli?) and moved right into the new one without a thought. It could have been named cutlass without the Supreme, and would have built on the history of the name going back to the sixties.
    The perfromance version could have been called Cutlass GT or better yet, W-30.
    "But that's not important now." (Airplane 1980)

I still feel like my next car will be anaother intrigue. The Grand Prix is interesting, but its interior is too boy racer. What is up with all of those identical sized buttons all over the place?
    Pontiacs are from the more is better school of design. I think i am past all of that now. Maybe 10 years ago, but not now.
    Don't see how i can possibly go back to a pushrod motor in a sedan again. I have been spoiled by the shortstar and after having lived with it for two years, i see why everybody likes a OHC motor.

My car is two years old today. I purchased it March 22, 1999. I put some amorall on the tires in celebration. We have had the worst weather for the last 5 days so i wasn't able to wash it.

I read in the car rags about the styling being bland. What are these people thinking about? It is my belief that they hire kids fresh out of journalism school who have no experience or point of reference. Or maybe their only experience is asian cars. Maybe they think the honda accord is actually good looking.
    The intrigue is probably the best all around looking wbody car, although the grand prix has some angles.
    While on vacation last summer i bought a cd by STYX. It is called "Extended Versions", but it is in fact a live concert cd. It rocks hard! They have a new drummer and he is completely over the top. Highly recommended. It can be purchased at best buy or wal mart for $5.99. Sounds great on the intrigue system.

Diana Krall put out a cd called "Love Scenes" a few years ago. It is recorded incredibly well.

Keb Mo' is great too, but turn down the bass if you have the dimensional sound system. This cd is a little bass heavy.

A DVD too avoid is, Paul Simon the "Graceland Concert", below VHS picture quality is the reason.

Talk at you later.
    DTS music CD's are a nice find for those who have stereos that can play them at home.. Search for DTS as album title at cdnow.com. Unfortunately can't play these in the car..
  • vezinivezini Member Posts: 38
    I have a 1999 Intrigue XLS with the standard factory radio. Today I upgraded the factory speakers in front to dual cone speakers; wow, the sound is great! I only spent $150 with a professional ins taller... what a difference.
    99 GLS-std radio setup--volume control is able to override noise level of operation--not too shabby!!!

The 400 mile trip to Buckeye land and Asian factories saw 342 miles netting 27.20mpg.. Not bad for 75 miles was stop/go; balance btw 2250/2500rpms..Saw about 25 miles of 90+ with a Dodge Durango sporting a manufacturers license plate with a female driver.

Spent 3 hrs in the business meeting and returned home filling up with gas south of Toledo at a new station off I-75..I paid $1.23/gal and then I went across the street for a cup of coffee at the new Tim Hortons; I glanced at the revised gas pricing of $1.45/gal where I had been five min. earlier..

OPEC loves spring and summer in the USA; the camel jockeys sure enjoy the game.. God bless the liberals and the enviro whackos who put us in this mess. We are being held hostage, once again!!!!
  • ketchketch Member Posts: 217
    Enjoyed a bit of humor, a small bit, this morning. Went out to the Intrigue to go to work, started her (all cars are her i suppose to me), went inside while it warmed up, asked my wife 'who' s new silver car is that out there", she, right on cue, "its yours", and I respond in kind, "it is isssn't it!"....ok, so I thought it was funny, as is the Kia Optima commercial I ripped it off from ( I love these, get me laughing every time). Now if only Olds had a better ad campaign like that....
    1415 : It's amazing how many Tim Horton's there are in Michigan and NY these days. Gas prices go up and down like a yo-yo here on a weekly basis also. Drives me nuts!

----

A lady in my office just bought a 2001 Maxima. I was talking to her about it and I told her I looked at the Maxima but decided on the Intrigue for a number of reasons. She looked at me and said.. "who make the Intrigue"? Just another example of Oldsmobile's marketing failure.
  • mrblinkymrblinky Member Posts: 4
    I think the board is giving GM credit for having any sort of coherent marketing strategy at all. Honda/Toyota have clearly demonstrated a successful strategy by continually designing automobiles for a specific age demographic, then continuing to design and market as that group's preferences modify (generally with age...). Sell 'em the Civic DX in college and they'll be buying the 3.2 TL when they're fat and forty. Ditto the Corolla/Avalon. Aside: does anyone else think the Toyota Avalon is one of the most hideous vehicles on the road today? That huge chrome grille is ridiculous.

GM, on the other hand, persisted through the late '80's and '90's with mediocre designs reminiscent of the glory days of the '70s and early '80's. GM was not only unresponsive to a new customer base, they were completely unaware that it existed at all! The Cutlass' and Eighty-eights of the nineties are one of the reasons that Olds tanked at the turn of the century. Continuing with obsolescent designs for a dead-or-dying demographic turned out to be the sure formula for loss of customer-base and prestige; and eventually the entire division

I rented three different Oldsmobile's during business trips in 2000: 1999 Intrigue, 1999 Eighty-eight, 2000 Alero. I drove the Alero for a week in Reno, the Eighty-eight for five days in New Mexico, and the Intrigue for three days in Seattle. I honestly could not believe that the same company manufactured these designs! The Eighty-eight epitomized everything mediocre about American sedans. It was offensive in the sense that it was completely inoffensive; GM could have marketed it as "the generic alternative to stylish automobiles: the Oldsmobile SEDAN (in generic block font...)." Sell 'em to the AARPs while they can still sign the checks!

When GM finally developed a decent product the apparently felt they didn't need to tell anyone about it. The marketing of the Intrigue/Alero wasn't just bad, it was virtually non-existent. With the exception of the X-files campaign, the Oldsmobile was the stealth division from a marketing perspective. The only reason I ended up test-driving and purchasing an Intrigue was the fact that I'd driven the rental. GM certainly didn't intrigue me (bad pun intended). Putting the Cutlass name on the 98 Intrigue would have turned off both the established AARP Olds market and the younger, import-buyer demographic. Although, frankly, even BAD marketing is better than no marketing at all...
  • ketchketch Member Posts: 217
    As mrblinky said "Putting the Cutlass name on the 98 Intrigue would have turned off both the established AARP Olds market and the younger, import-buyer demographic"
    EXACTLY. Its humored me those who push here that the car's name (i.e. not Cutlass) was one cause of its sales failure. Go buy a Buick as that fits your demographic.

Anyone know Leo Burketts(sp?) email address, the folks who are the ad agency that never copped a clue that they had to know the product they were marketing? Love to send them a oiece of my mind on this issue!
    One of the reasons for the success of the Pontiac GP series is the connation of a performance car with GT and GTP series. With the Intrigue; the cheapy one initially performed the same as the high end GLS; same engine, suspension, and gear ratios. When the 3.5 came out, it was 3.29 axle ratio across the line. Now they sell you the PCS pkg for the speed rated tires and the 3.29 axle..They have less exciting ratio for the plain jane Intrigue..

The Regal line offers a better presentation of distinction between the models ranging from the sublime to the GS/performance version. The main idea here is to show that the GTP/GS has a different suspension and different engine to push the performance level upward..

With the Intrigue; it's the trim levels that count--nothing else.. In the process of developing the Intrigue, the Olds people should have swallowed a little pride and recruited some Pontiac cats.

Olds did a better job on the Alero by offering several engine options and a performance suspension option..At least there is a vast mechanical difference between the bottom and the top-end..

Just some thought items where Pontiac scores high and sells alot of cars using existing products that were in the GM pipeline..Olds took a pile of corporate money and frittered it away on the 3.5 w/o any message or slogan to get peoples attention. The sleepy division totally went into a coma with their new products; became tongue-tied and forgot what the original mission was all about.. The OSV should have hit the street quick with different wheels, suspension tweaks, and a modified exhaust for a few bucks; but they screwed around trying to promote a supercharged 3.5L or a Northstar infusion..

Once again Olds people tried to shoot for the moon; and the GM brass got tired of throwing good money down the drain so they decided to shut down the money drain--Oldsmobile and its non-automotive people..

You know the AARP bunch at Buick outclassed Olds using old products in the process.
    I mostly agree with you, but regal sells about the same as intrigue. The impala and grand prix sell 3 to 4 times better.
    The regal interior is just plain awful.
  • redly_oneredly_one Member Posts: 122
    We've got a guy at work that just bought a Yukon and is driving everyone crazy saying that line!
    What are YOOOOOU DOING?!?!?!

WHAT ARE YOOOOOOOOOOOOU DOING?!?!?!
  • j_colemanj_coleman Member Posts: 143
    No he didn't!
    Hey Chad, pick up the cordless!
    bz4 : NO NO... WAAAT ARE UUUU DOING??? ;-) I don't think the interior of the Impala is much better than the Regal. I'm not keen on either. Grand Prix is ok, it's just the plastic feels a bit cheap.
    I agree the Avalon is one ugly car; however the sad looking critter beats the poop out of the Intrigue in sales volume.. It's put together in the blue grass region of Kentucky by non-union people who never complain or strike..Don't get me started on the Asian invasion!!!!!

Ford Motor Company is requesting that their major suppliers move operations to Mexico if they wish to continue supplying in the future.. They will support assembly operations only with UAW folks.

The days of the $100,000/yr union janitors and assembly hands is coming to an end.. The honeymoon is coming to a close for the arrogant union bosses for there will be no one left to intimidate..

Next we must address the Asian style of business which tends to somehow escape scrutiny...There is no bidding in reality; for you as an Asian owned supplier are told what you can charge for your product and you accept, or pack up and go home. Don't forget the Japanese banks and government are insolvent big time; and the USA keeps their system alive. If their auto business takes a dive like our Big 3 is going through now---watch the Dow head South big time..

Thanks for mentioning the Toyota Group, really turns me on... Toyota does a slick job with marketing of Camary with it's 136hp for $16k through the ES 300 Lexus of 210hp for $33k. The funny thing most of the 300 Lexus buyers know that they are getting a schmoozed Camary; but the dealer walks them through minefield and helps relieve them of their grenbacks.. I read a few of the ES postings and it is not much of a car; in fact, it is somewhat fragile!!!!! The Lexus dealer has a license to steal; but they are smooth; not like the Mercedes dealer who is somewhat uppity...

Take time out today to be kind to your Intrigue. Just passed 1600 miles on the oil change and to my amazement it is down a pint, maybe; all depends which side of the dip stick you read!!!! Not bad on the oil for it is dealer grade--bulk whatever--low bidder type fluid..

May do the Niagara Falls run next week to check out my Canadian supplier..Get ahold of the Canadian $$$$$ and go wild!!!! Wife likes to stay at the White Oaks Inn, Niagara-on-the-Lake for the tennis and exercise areas..great eating place..