Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ellietteelliette Member Posts: 7
    Before
  • singbethsingbeth Member Posts: 3
    Price on our new LE Sienna - white/taupe with EV Pkg #2 and DRL - 24, 827. Subtract the $2000 rebate, add a $55. Doc fee, $1835 tax, $234 in License fees = 24,591 out the door. I was a little irritated that it didn't come with floor mats, but I bought them online for less. We went to Modesto Toyota, good treatment! We had online quotes for Bay area deals that were 500 under invoice, and Modesto wouldn't match that (lose money) because we didn't trade in or finance, so they had little wiggle room. We walked on Fri. night, but then decided that we liked the salesman there so much that we would go back if they would give us invoice price. Which they did, hooray! I never knew i would be so happy driving a minivan :)

One question, has anyone moved thier second row middle seat to the forward position? We are having challenges with it hitting the tray table - even when folded.
  • laurenpedorenlaurenpedoren Member Posts: 15
    hi everyone dose anyone no if fog lights can be added latter, the one they found for me did not have them. I will post my deal on my arctic frost xle pkg. #3 early next week. thanks in advance.
  • perl5perl5 Member Posts: 17
    A queston: are Salsa Red Pearl and Salsa Red the same? I can only find Salsa Red Pearl from toyota's website, but fitzmall has one as Salsa Red.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Was it ever?

I thought the 8 pass model came in CE and LE. That's how it was for MY2007.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Congrats.

That is a grand less than a similar model cost a year ago.
  • fishrcoolfishrcool Member Posts: 1
    Wow, that's the best I've heard.
    Can you tell me which dealership? Thanks much!
  • chuckee1chuckee1 Member Posts: 8
    I finally bought my XLE today from fitzmall,
    package 3-
    paid 28,333
    msrp 33,514
    2k below invoice, no haggle....great experience
    before TTL? and after $1500 rebate?
  • siennamisiennami Member Posts: 116
    As I understand it, the "Pearl" colors have a more metallic look with little "flecks" (for lack of a better word) in the paint. As one person explained to me, the Pearls show the reflection of objects even if the vehicle itself is dirty. I've also read that you can only get the pearl colors in the LE or XLE trim, but don't quote me on that, because they may have been referring to the Arctic Frost Pearl color. I've always thought the color of my CE was Silver Shadow Pearl, but according to the explanation I read, it isn't, although I can plainly see most anything reflected in the paint on my van, and it sure as heck ain't clean!
    Hope this was clear as mud! ;)
    Now I don't feel so bad that my CE didn't come with floor mats. Where did you find yours online?
    mats4less.com. I just googled sienna floor mats. They were also available at a much better price from toyotaparts.com (I think) and I almost got them there, but with our pick, we were able to get carpet mats for the front, all weather mats for the 2nd and 3rd rows, and a heavy duty mat with 2" lip for the "trunk". All from one place. I paid tax, but they don't charge shipping! Total? 285.22 I think that's a little more than just the mats from Toyota, but here I have the good trunk mat as well. Here's hoping the tan color matches fairly closely :confuse: Even though we would have paid more for our sienna, it still seems cheap not to come with mats. Know what I mean?
  • faltukfaltuk Member Posts: 2
    Your total comes to $24951, not $24591. I bought Red Salasa Perl LE with EV Pkg #2 and DRL + 16" Alloy Wheel + Wheel Lock + Floor Mats for $24371 OTD in VA. The OTD includes $800 taxes, $340 Doc Proc. fee , and $685 freight.

Thanks!
    the price they quoted to me was exactly what I paid, it was after rebate etc. Since I will be registering the vehicle in NY, they did not collect any TTL fees or taxes, they only added $19 for temp tag.......

once again they were a pleasure to work with
    Thanks. But I am a little bit confused. Fitzmall has one as "SALSA RED" for LE FWD. :)
    Do they look very different?
  • faltukfaltuk Member Posts: 2
    It' same. Do you see any color name with perl at fitzmall? Silver Shadow perl is also Silver Shadow.
    Great deal for you. Good job checking my math. I know I often transpose numbers. You paid significantly lower taxes! Enjoy! I guess we get the good winter weather here in CA. :) Are you enjoying the drive as much as I am? It's funny, I've never owned or ridden with someone who has one, and that famed new car smell? It smells like rental car to me :D I made it to 30 and this is my first car purchase. Is that weird or what? O well, our 92 Camry still runs great and only has 119K on it. We are going to sell it to my Aunt. Hopefully in 10-12 years, when my son is 15-16, she'll be ready to get rid of it and it will make a great "old" car for them :D
  • talmasitalmasi Member Posts: 5
    Got the following quote from a dealer in the Bay Area. Lowest so far. Has anyone found a better deal or want to buy together to save more money?

MSRP: $27,669.00
    Dealer Invoice: $25,321.00
    Special VIP Price: $24,701.00
    Toyota Factory Rebate: ($2,000.00)
    Price After Rebate: $22,701.00
  • cvkkcvkk Member Posts: 8
    Hi Talmasi,
    I am sorry I am not answering your question but just curious to know which dealer you are dealing with ? I just started researching about minivan features / prices and I have not yet approached any dealer.
  • rpram1rpram1 Member Posts: 18
    I have a deal for the following:
    08 XLE Ltd FWD
    Pkg #2
    Dyn Laser Cruise &HID
    Artic Pearl Color
    Daytime Running Lights
    Power Folding Rear Seat
    Crpt Floor Mats and Door Sill Prtr
    Rear Spoiler
    MSRP is $40,769
    Before Rebate Price is $35,850
    After Rebate is $34,350 (no Taxes in the number)

What do you think??
    Sunnyvale Toyota gave the lowest. Stevens Creek will match it. Putnam, Piercey, and Capitol are very close.
  • drpooldrpool Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

Please check my post # 8302 and you will get the answer. That was with 1000 rebate in April but today with 2000 rebate, I got an offer for the same van for 21,850 + Tax & License.

I just delayed my idea of buying it for sometime (2-3 weeks) but am still in the hunt. Please let me know what's the best offer you can get in the bay area.

Thanks
  • yatesjoyatesjo Member Posts: 186
    Using Costco, I was quoted $27393, less $2000 rebate for a final of $25393. This quote is for my choice of White or Silver with EV2, Audio Upgrade, DRLs and windshield De-icer. It may have tow prep as well, but I need to confirm. Per the dealer this is $620 below invoice.

We have time to wait before we pull the trigger on this, but we are planning to buy in the next few months. I'm not enthused about buying the Audio entertainment package, but in this area to get the 8-passenger with EV2 I have to take take it. My wife and boys are excited at the idea of having the DVD player, so I guess that's alright.
  • ecnirpecnirp Member Posts: 20
    You should be able to get a better price if you contact a dealer directly. Not sure where you are located but with the rebate you should start at invoice and subtract $2K from that. Dealers are hurting for business right now.
  • ellietteelliette Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted 500.00 under invoice and then I took the rebate after that. :) Good luck.
  • 01charger01charger Member Posts: 1
    We are looking at getting an XLE FWD with EVP 2 and other standard options. We've gotten down to $300 over invoice (not including the rebate). I'm wondering how some of the recent posters were able to get so far below invoice? ($500 under in ecnirp's case). Where is that money coming from? Hold back on the vehicle is only around $650.

When we went in I told them I wanted $200 over invoice (not including rebate), thinking that would be a good deal. They did seem to agree to it fairly quickly. After seeing some of the other deals posted hear I'm thinking I could do better. What do you think?
  • cartman12cartman12 Member Posts: 1
    Price paid: $29,950 (without the $2000 rebate and includes a keyless entry for all four doors and rear hatch)

Our buying experince was awesome and would recommend going to the Dublin Toyota if you are searching for a car in the Northern California Bay Area (sales associate Joey)
    I'm intending to work something like the Donkeypunch strategy to negotiate the final price. What the Costco quote did was to give me a starting point. I now know what options configuration is available with what I need and I know the most that I will have to pay for it. I posted it here because I was surprised by how good the starting point was.

At $620 is more than a 2% discount from invoice. If someone doesn't have the time or inclination to do the work of negotiating with multiple dealers Costco seems a good way to go.
  • rajtestrajtest Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I am interested in XLE FWD (keyless entry to all four doors) (audio upgrade)... it seems like there are 2000 rebate going on as of now.... any idea how long it is planning to stay...?

Any good deals going on at any dealer... whom i can contact... would be greatly appreciated

-R
    I got a 2008 Sienna LE 8 passenger with carpet floor mats and EVP Package # 1 for 21,600 + Tax & License today in the bay area. I am really enjoying the ride.
    AFTER TWO MONTHS OF RESEARCH AND COUNTLESS E-MAILS TO AREA DEALERS THIS IS WHAT I GOT ! ARCTIC WHITE XLE PKG#3 TOW PREP. $27,894 INCLUDES 1500$ REBATE PLUS TTL AND DOC FEE. TOOK IT HOME LAST NIGHT AND WE LOVE IT. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THE INTERNET TEAM AT PAULY TOYOTA IN CRYSTAL LAKE IL. (CHICAGO AREA) THEY WERE GREAT. ONLY1 HR AND 30 MIN. AT DEALER. THANK YOU TO ALL POSTERS FOR HELPING ME PAY THE LOWEST PRICE POSSIBLE. NOW I CAN SLEEP GOOD AT NIGHT. :)
    I was offered $1200 7YR 100000 mi. bumper to bumper . what are other people paying? thanks in advance.
    Supposedlythey look different, but what do I know? :confuse: Go to www.siennaclub.org and find the discussion there. It was a couple of weeks ago.... Some guy tried to explain the difference, but then I got very confused because my van is a CE and I'm pretty sure the color is labeled Silver Shadow "Pearl", and according to him, only XLEs and LEs are "Pearls". Do you live near a local dealership? Take a look there and see if you can figure out the difference between the two, or perhaps the dealership can explain it. I'm not sure why Toyota has the same name for two different colors. Go figure........ :confuse:
    wow, sounds like a great deal! what was the msrp on the vehicle?
    You can buy an extended warranty from an out-of-state dealer, who are cheaper. Check out the foums in SiennaClub.org, which lists several dealers who sell extended warranty. For example, http://www.toyotawarrantyinfo.com (a dealer in Florida) quotes $930 for 7/100K, same warranty from Toyota Financial.
    Hi, DRPOOL. That's a great price for the package. We are looking for a 7 passenger with EVP #2. Can you email me the name of the dealership and the salesperson? I made my email public. Thanks.
    33,559---- thanks
    THANK YOU SO MUCH GREAT INFO!!!!!
  • jwanpj2000jwanpj2000 Member Posts: 1
    That's impressive! What's the final OTD price? And who is your contact at Pauly Toyota?
    HI 27,894 +1952 TAX +89 DOC FEE +80 TITTLE TRANSFER +25 ELECTRONIC FILE =30,040 DRIVE OUT. THERES ONLY 2 INTERNET GUYS HIS INITIALS ARE S.R. GOOD LUCK
  • case1936case1936 Member Posts: 2
    how much did you pay for your 2008 toyota cienna LE,with no other options?
    Hi Talmasi,

I got it from the internet dept. of Capitol Toyota San Jose.

Thx,
    Does anyone have an idea if we can get a LE 8 Passenger van with Leather Seats ?
    I am looking for a 8 passenger van with leather (as it is easy to clean).
    No. Toyota sees fit to only put 8 passenger on the CE and LE trims. Leather is only available the XLE and Limited trims.

Honda's Odyssey has both leather and PlusOne seats. I don't consider it a true 8 passenger van, but you can carry 8 on short trips.
    If you really want the Toyota, then you can order leather covers from a customizer for around $1000. Google "custom leather seats" to see what's available.
    Drpool,

Thank you for the info.
  • hause7hause7 Member Posts: 153
    They do make an XLE 8 passenger. You just have to order it. Here is one for sale:
    http://www.toyotaofnaperville.com/2007-toyota-sienna-xle-c-1370.htm

good price.
    Thanks for the information. I will google for custom leather seats.
    Thanks for the information and the link. I will try to check how much a new one will cost.
    No problem, I'm searching for similar features. Need that 8th seat and want low maintenance seats with 3 little boys as the primary passengers.
    Interesting listing. 8-passenger is no longer an available option on the 2008 XLE. At best, it would be a special order (if they still have leather covers to fit the second row) and reputedly Toyota isn't the easiest to deal with for special orders.