Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Intrigue

Comments

• jjpowell2jjpowell2 Member Posts: 91
    Nothing like a 1800 mile cross country road trip(AZ to WI) to put our '01 GL through it's paces!! What a great drive when you have passing power when needed, gas mileage 30 MPG+, great handling and so many lookers trying to figure out what kind of car just passed them! Was hard to keep the speed at the limit....

The "new, new, new" alternator did the trick and we've had no more problems with the flickering headlights. Third time was the charm.

We have had the occasional driver's door auto-locking. Think it only happens when the keys have been left in the ignition and it's only the driver's door that locks.

Will have it serviced tomorrow and can't wait for the next trip.
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    This afternoon I stopped at the local Chevy Olds dealer and saw rows and rows of Chevy trucks, 6 or 8 Impalas, etc and 3 Oldsmobiles! One Intrigue GLS navy blue for $27K and a big sign "no hassle $3940 discount". Next to it an Alero stickered at 22K and another $3800 discount, and a sweet black Aurora 3.5 stickered at 32K - but no declared discount on this one. No other Olds in sight anywhere. Interersting that no other cars or trucks had the discount signs either.

Ken
  • a4naxenta4naxent Member Posts: 9
    Also had a leak in the power steering (faulty O ring).

Engine started leaking oil too. Rear seal replaced account improperly installed.

Window regulator on driver's side replaced account binding and creaking with window partially down.

And to top things off, the car developed a stalling condition. Dealer rerouted speed sensor wiring as per factory bulletin. Three weeks later it would not start at all -- towed in. This time they replaced the fuel pump (no pressure). Lasted 2 weeks, dealer replaced pump for second time. Three days later car was towed in for the 3rd time. I told the advisor they better start checking the electrical system, as I could not hear the pump run (as you normally do) when the key was in ACC position. They finally discovered that the ground pin in the wiring harness to the pump was pushed out. Replaced harness and connector. End of problem. Whether this was caused when the tank was removed earlier or not I'll never know.

In spite of all this I still love my Intrigue. It is one the best handling, best looking cars GM has produced. If the quality control had been there GM would had a real winner. Sad to see it go.

WAKE UP GM -- BEFORE OTHER DIVISIONS SUFFER THE SAME FATE.
  • b4zb4z Member Posts: 3,372
    My dealer just got in another aurora in sapphire. He now has two sapphire cars, one a 3.5 the other a 4.0. I guess he is moving people who can't afford a deville into these. I guess you could call it an cadillac light, or a mini caddy, or perhaps a almost caddy.
    They also got a fully loaded black alero.
    The ruby Intrigue GL came in two weeks ago, but they are still sitting on that base blue GX. I think they have had that car for almost six months now.
  • cd96nscd96ns Member Posts: 42
    Sounds like you got one of the early,early 98s for there was a certain group where the front struts were replaced..My old 98 went two racks within 10k miles and rear rotors were replaced at around 3k miles..

Once a dealer starts some major repair they invariably screw something else up. They have gotten used to replacing Intrigue steering and front suspension systems, piece by piece.. In fact, it becomes a little comical to read some of the postings for the method is predictable..

If your car was purchased used; maybe you got one of those GM buybacks. I had a 98 GLS white w/all the goodies; but then again the steering system had gone through 3 engineering levels..

Glad you are happy and I am surprised that 3.8 would offer any problems..
    When you get that used Caddy or Aurora, make sure the car qualifies for an extended warranty.. The V-8, multi-valve critters with all the bells and whistles are not ecomony cruisers..

I think I posted this simiiar thought on the Deville forum and got ripped..

Just a little advice from multi-car experiences. The Intrigue is a very simple car.
  • zinc1zinc1 Member Posts: 133
    Amen to that - from an Aurora owner.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Local dealer has 2 Intrigues, 3 Auroras and 10+ Aleros. Still no 02 Bravadas to be seen. The Aleros sell very well around here. Mostly young women seem to be driving them (or maybe those are just the ones I notice).
  • vcjumpervcjumper Member Posts: 1,110
    There is a another late twenties guy in my building with an Alero coupe. Unfortunately he cruises around the neighbourhood bass thumping windows/sunroof open and really bad music.
  • stgoddardstgoddard Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know the service bulletin number that GM put out for the flickering lights problem? My dealer claims to know nothing of this so I'm trying to do his homework for him. Thanks for any help.
  • jjpowell2jjpowell2 Member Posts: 91
    stgoddard: Read my past posts as we had this problem from the get-go. Is your's a 2001? We had the alternator replaced with a new #10464395(this was original part #) on 3/23/01 and it didn't fix the problem. We had another alternator installed 3/23/0l #l0464469 which was supposed to be the new corrected part....still flickered. We had our service manager speak directly to GM and a new, new, new alternator was released to address the flickering. We had this newly designed #l0464469 alternator installed on 4/20/01 and it seems to have corrected the problem. The key is to make sure you get the latest modified alternator. Maybe have your service manager contact Eddie Goodwin at Biddolph Arrowhead Oldsmobile @ 623-933-3900. He should be able to give him the latest information.
  • david161david161 Member Posts: 20
    jjpowell2, glad you like your Intrigue. I was interested to note that you have the "occasional" self-locking door. Your experience is that it happens only when the key is in the ignition, but that is definitely not my experience. (It happened again today, parked on a residential street, with my key in my pocket, far away from the car) Please post if you experience increasing frequency. Mine started out as a very occasional occurrence and became frequent and chronic only after I had owned the car many months.
    I am on my second Intrigue and never experienced this condition..

Does this lock the driver's door only; leaving the other three open???

Will the driver's door lock with the car running; let's say you exit the car to quickly pick up something and close the driver door, does it lock auto???

Has anyone been locked out of the car, w/o motor running and w/motor running???

I assume if the inside lock is tripped before exiting; all four doors are locked!! I assume the strange thing is only the drivers door locks up if keys are in iginition..

Weird cars--sometimes--I worry when i exit to buy a paper and leave the car running..If the door locks then; that car is history..
    Lately after reading about it on this newsgroup, if I jump out of the car for a second while leaving it running, I open my window just in case.
  • etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    If I do the used Caddy or Aurora, I will consider the warranty. Not that these are bad cars. My father's 95 Aurora has been pretty trouble free. He bought it used in 97 and got a 75K GM extended warranty as part of the deal. The biggest problem he had was the A/C evaporator coil had to be replaced. The engine and transmission have never been touched except for oil changes. At nearly 80K it actually feels more solid than my Intrigue does at less than half that. Not that the Intrigue is a flaccid car, the old style Auroras were just very solid. I hope the new ones are equally as stiff. I'd still like very much to buy a brand new midnight blue Intrigue GLS with the PCS package and might even take the 3.9% financing over Buick's 1.9(Regal)if I could just find one. Intrigues seem to be few and far on dealer lots.
    It's not very exciting to say the least, with calender yr. to date build of 10,010 vs last yr. same period of 22,638..

Honda, Nissan, and Toyota are rolling along with sales near last years level or better..No comment from this end; for it would never pass the civility test..

I see where Honda is going to drop their double wish-bone front suspensions in favor of the MacPherson strut concept..This is due to packaging and crash protection advantages..Packaging relates to low costs and it fits the bill of big savings..

Looks like the weather in Mich will hit the 80s this week.. Golfing Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday..

Gas update-----mixed driving 50/50, 26mpg., filled up Saturday with mid-grade @1.71/gal., same price for 87 octane so we went the shooter's route..
    etharmon : Can you not just ask your dealership to find you a car? If they want the business, they will find you what you want.

cd96ns : Gas has dropped from a high of 79.9/liter to 75.9 today. Works out to be about U$1.80/ US gallon. Aleros sell well, Intrigue doesn't... no promotion, no sales. Lots of ads for Aleros and the 1.9% finance deal.
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    That loaded midnight blue GLS with gray leather is sitting at my local dealer here in Portsmouth NH. Stickered at 27K less 4K discount. Not sure if it had PCS or not - may stop by on my way home tonight and check. Sure would love to drive that car to Tenn for you!!

Best wishes

Ken
    Have jury duty all this week. Wasn't called this morning, but have to go back every day this week to see if i am juror material. I don't think they will pick me since my sister was deputy public defender for Charleston County.

Did a lot of soul searching over the weekend about my intigue ownership and possible future purchase. Don't know what i will do, but i feel a letter to the GM of my dealership is in order, just so they know where i stand.

Haven't heard from my salesman about my wants list i sent him Thursday. He said he would get on the dealer locator to see if he could find me a GL with PCS.

Out of curiousity I called Osborne Oldsmobile in Hendersonville, NC to see if they had any GL's with PCS. THey do!! I spoke with an incredibly knowledgeable salesperson who's name was Kim. She knew almost as much about intrigue's as me! My kind of girl.

I talked to her for about a half hour. She said the PCS intrigue was Ruby, which i do not want. She said they also had a 2000 with PCS. She explained to me that they always try to keep one PCS car in stock, but they had a hard time showing potential customers the benefits of it.

She got on the dealer locator and found a blue PCS car with more options than i wanted and also found a sterling silver like i wanted, but i don't think i want silver now.

She did find a bronze mist PCS exactly they way i wanted, but it is in production. She said that she won't know where it is going until it has been in the dealer's inventory for 30 days and he decides to put it in.

There is also an outside possibility that i could get a 2001 built for me if they have any production room left. Although build out has already occured. She said that if i ordered on now and a GM employee ordereed one also he would get first shot at it. Kim also said that she ordered one for a gentleman yesterday that she feels will come in as a 2002.

Kim relayed to me that she received the color changes ffor 2002 and that the midnight blue and forest green will be dropped and repalced by a different blue and a different green. They did not tell her the codes so she couldn't tell me the colors. She actually had the color codes memorized.

Kim was also aware of all the suspension problems with the intrigue and asked me why i wanted to purchase another one, knowing what i know.

I wish i lived in Hendersonville full time. She has certainly earned my business.

Kim also feels that we may see 2002's in the showroom by August. I relayed my concern about future intrigues and she said that NADA will sue GM if they do not give them a full years notice before ending production. There will definitely be 2002's.
  • swagledswagled Member Posts: 195
    I've wondered if the Intrigue in 2002 could go the way of the Plymouth Volare and Dodge Omni-- two slow selling models Chrysler axed midway through their last model year, rather than bother running the lines into the spring.

But the more Intrigues get built, the more spare parts there will be for those of us who plan to own our cars for a decade or more. (Although if I strike it rich, and the build goes into 2003, who knows-- maybe I'll break down and drop my GL for a PCS equipped car...)

Interesting the midnight blue is going, which IMO looks really nice. I don't think the forest green was bad-- but it didn't seem to sell well, so that's not a big surprise.

I'd say even the white "rental color" Intrigues don't look half bad either... At least they never came out with really hideous colors like the quasi cream/off-pink they used to have for the Cutlass Supreme!
    Was this Kim single? :) Thats my kind of girl too and Hendersonville NC is near Asheville which isn't that far over the mountains from Knoxville TN. Thats some interesting news she gave you, but I'm not happy about the Midnight Blue being dropped unless they replace it with something better. Cadillac goofed this year when they dropped the wonderful Polo Green and replaced it with the dingy looking Seqouia(sp?). BTW was that 2000 with PCS sandstone with chrome wheels? I believe this was one of the options that my co-worker was given when he was Intrigue shopping back at the first of the year. His ended up coming from NC, but it was further away than Hendersonville, but I remember him showing me the dealership locator print out and that name(Osborne Oldsmobile) sticks in my head. Maybe it's because I like to listen to Ozzy Osborne sometimes:) Good luck your decision. I'm still mulling between an Intrigue GLS or a Regal GS with a low mileage used Cadillac or Aurora also tempting me. And don't shoot me, but I just got tempted by something else today. A late model Lincoln Mark VIII. I saw an 97 or 98 black LSC today and that thing was sharp!! I'm not a Ford man at all, but I did always like those Marks, especially after the styling update they did in 97.
  • nmchopnmchop Member Posts: 27
    I'm asking for your advice...I've been car shopping and have run across a Silver (I'd prefer another color but oh well) 2000 Olds GX Intrigue with 29,500 miles on it. They're selling it for $11,995 which is below trade-in value according to Edmunds (retail would be $14,000). Sounds like the Deal of the century.

Here's my problem...I dont' know anything about these cars. I drove it, it drove very well...it's loaded up options wise (minus a sunroof I'd love to have). I had been considering used imports, but I would have to get like a 1995 V-6 honda/toyota to match this price.

Obviously this was a rental car or in some fleet to rack up that kind of mileage in one year.

What do you all think? I'm 37, single male. Was considering Chevy Blazers or Nisaan Maxima's/Altimas when I found this and it's so much cheaper then any of those. How's the reliability? Anyone concerened with their cars due to Oldsmobiles fate? resale?

Thanks for your time.
  • swagledswagled Member Posts: 195
    Intrigues are about average in reliability... But cars today are soooo much better than they were 15 or 20 years ago. You can buy an average modern car and it will serve you well.

Because Oldsmobile is going away, you should buy the car if you want to keep it until it's worn out, or give to your kids. The Intrigue is a good car, but it's not a store of value.

Does anybody know how many Intrigues have been built since 1998? And how many of these were 3.5L?
    I really don't believe dealers are going to order Intrigues for inventory..The risk is too great for them as the right color/equipment combo is impossible to choose..

Estabish a price and pick our options..The need for sweet deals in the future is diminishing because there is no inventory to move, the inventory is gone for most part from the initial sweeteners of rebates and warranty.

I find the Olds group of dealers very uninformed and not very sales oriented. They rely on walk-in business, and then you have to beg them to sell you a car..

They are not on my list of greats; and the 02 I am sure will conclude the Intrigue run; so step forth and commit; else pick another brand..

etharmon-----The air suspension on the Mark can offer a real challenge to owners..The Regal forum is not a happy group overall due to rattles and some handling problems..The quietness of the Buick as you will learn is due to the floppy suspension.. You may be somewhat confused at this moment due to the many options of little cars, big cars, new cars, or old cars..Got to establish goals..
  • nmchopnmchop Member Posts: 27
    you got that right! car shopping sucks. I started off wanting a Blazer and i'm now considering an Intrigue (man, it's a good deal though hahaha).
    Osborne has tripled their olds' orders since the announcement.

She did find a sandstone '01 GL PCS on the locater. I think she found 5 PCS cars altogether.

I do not know if she is single, but with her personality i would think that she is married. The good ones are always taken.

Was on the regal board last night and was surprised to read about the rattles they have. Especially in a car that is so softly suspended.
    nmchop----The pricing on the 01 Blazers should be outstanding and a great value; for the new Trailblazer is not a cheap SUV.

You will never get a Blazer for any less..I don't need one but my daughter was thinking about getting a new one so I was following some of the advertising..

Again, never will it any better to buy a Blazer or an Intrigue..
    nmchop : Can't go very wrong with a 2000. I have a 2000 GL and it's been a great car. Silver also looks better than most colors in the winter. The 3.5L is a real smoothie also! "swagled" is right, re-sale is not great. That being said, you are getting a good deal there.

etharmon : When is your lease up?

cd96ns : Local dealer just got about 5 new Intrigues on the lot (7 total). Maybe they are gearing up for a new promotion.
    My conversation with the salesperson at osborne brought up some more interesting info. She told me that she had sold a car to a GM employee who was ready to pick it up.

The car was built and was sitting at the factory for two weeks before they picked up to take it to the holding yard. She said she had never heard of that before. It has been her experience that if they told the customer it would be ready in 6-8 weeks tht it would usually be ready in about 6 weeks. Now she says its 10-12 weeks and that ford is kicking GM's butt when it comes to delivery times.
    Have any of you done an early termination on a lease?
    I called GM today and they will take $823.00 off if i turn it in by May 21st.
    Am i the only one posting today?
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    Pretty slow day on the board.
    Took a quick ride up to summerville,sc this afternoon. It is about 20 miles north of charleston. Went to Michael Chevy/olds which is the only other olds dealer in the charleston area.

I should say was the only other olds dealer. The salesman infoormed me that their olds sign was coming down. Olds isn't selling them any more cars and asked for their new vehicles back! The only olds' that they had on the entire lot was an absolutely stunning sterling silver with chrome wheels. The car was cleaned up and looked incredible. The car was a demo and had 5500 miles on it. It was a full boat GLS with grey leather and sunroof. He said he would sell it to me for a good price, but i didn't even ask what the price was.

Anyway, my dealer will be the only olds dealer in the tricounty area, which is 550,000 people. Evidently my dealer is doing a much better job of selling oldsmobiles than this summerville dealer.

The ruby GL that my dealer got in 2 weeks ago is parked in the back of the lot. It has a do not sell dealer courtesy tag in the window. Don't know what to read into that.
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    By the way, if anyone is looking for some '98-'99 wheels there are 4 brand new ones on eBay selling for $300. Some of you cold weather people might want a set to put some snow tires on.
    b4z-----You are on a roll and about to get focused, another panic time if you bale out early on the lease...Problems abound..

Think you found a new dealer; sure sounds like it to me..Before you get serious; get us some TSBs and then you can sail off into the sunset!!!!

I have been over on the C320 forum; those cars have gotten very pricey but I beleive the ego is the main factor to get involved with a Baby Benz. A PCS equipped Intrigue would save a C320 buyer about $20k, however when one gets the itch the only cure is to spend money..

Great golf day and another 86 miles RT..
    Press loves those cars it seems. I would take it over a 3-series Bimmer as it seems the BMW's are all over the place, and I would be embarrased to be seen driving the Bimmer because of the yuppie image factor. I guess I could buy either but I'm focussing on being mortgage free in a few years (its just a condo).
    If i keep the car until march 22,2002 I will have 10 more payments for a total of $3,271.00. Plus a set of tires at $400.00, plus brake pads and any other out of warranty items.

If i turn the car in now it will be $2445.00. I have until May 21 at that price.

Hopefully the tires have enough tread on them now that i won't have to buy new tires.

I can then buy the '87 lesabre which checked out fine except for the alternator.

Or i can put A/C in the camaro and drive it all summer until i find another car. A/C will cost $600.00 and a new clutch will cost $400.00. The camaro is the cheapest way to go, but is not suitable for clients.

I got some decisions to make.
  • rbb2rbb2 Member Posts: 70
    Getting rid of the Intrigue for a Montana. Dealer offered $12,500 for a trade in and I'm taking it. I could try and get more by selling it on my own but with the noise in the front end and the fact that now the driver door is making a creaking noise and is getting harder to open and the fact that someone banged the rear door and the fact that consumer perception is low I'm getting out of this car now. Luckily I owe thousands less than what they offered me.

We could have gotten the Olds minivan with an extra $500 off and 2/24,000 additional warranty but we are not going to reward the two Olds dealers that have crappy service departments with a sale (I still have to have the car serviced when something goes wrong and believe me something will go wrong) -- regardless of what incentives Olds may throw at us! I am washing my hands of them. Maybe Pontiac will be just as bad but hey, they can't be any worse.
    I really wonder how some of these guys selling Oldsmobiles eat. From what some of you have said, your dealerships and salespeople must really suck. I've been fortunate enough to have a very good dealership and pretty good salespeople. They sell Olds and GMC exclusively and I wonder if they will be able to survive on GMC alone once Olds finally fades. Actually, they have a Mitsubishi franchise thats part of the dealership too, but it has it's own service department and showroom. Now that is a brand I'd like to see go away. Why is it a great brand like Olds is being phased out, yet half assed crap like Mitsubishi and Mazda is still being peddled here.

dindak, my lease is up in July. 2 payments remaining. I've got some hail damage on mine that needs to be repaired before I turn it in and I meet with the insurance guy next week on that. Once that is corrected and I detail the car good, I'm going to start shopping and talking. I may see if they can locate me a Midnight Blue GLS with the PCS package. And I may give the Regal GS a very complete test drive to see if I would want to live with it for 3-5 years. Right now my choices are Intrigue GLS, Regal GS, Cadillac Eldorado TC or Oldsmobile Aurora. With the latter two being 2-3 year old models. And the Lincoln Mark VIII is tempting. I need to check their repair history though. The Mark seems to have a much lower resale value than the Eldorado does.

cd96ns, I've got some goals on cars. Basically I just listed them. While I'm still undecided, you can bet your assets that I won't be looking at any Asian cars if that makes you feel any better.
    bz4 : It's strange there are so few Olds dealers there. Here, west of Toronto there are at least 6 Oldsmobile dealers within a 20 minute drive. In Oakville, Oldsmobile sells very well. I'm not sure why as Oakville's biggest employer is Ford. You really see a lot of Intrigue and Aleros especially.

vcjumper : Never buy a BMW just because of the image around it. They are VERY nice cars though. I would buy a Infiniti or a Cadillac if I was shopping in that price range.

etharmon : Oooo.. crunch time for you. It's too bad you don't live around here.. lots of Intrigue on the local lot. Most are GLs with PCS.
    rbb2-----The human body will only take so much abuse and the Intrigue is a challenge..You had a 99 w/3.5 and how many miles??? Hope the Pontiac dealer is helpful in servicing the Montana and you get alot of troublefree miles racked up..We have some other short timers on this forum I believe, who will bail out to some other brand or downsize..Did your father ever find a car..

My front end is quieter; I stopped listening and the new tires in the future will calm my nerves.. I hammer it daily!!!!and the fresh oil every 3k keeps it ticking..The a/c works great; for I don't use the auto temp to blend the air temp..The compressor pull is a performance hinderance.. I do use the air in the warmer months; but on the interstate long range I only run it about half the time..

etharmon-----You have lots of ideas on your platter and cutting lots of bait; soon you will be fishing..Best buy has to be a used Intrigue!!!find a program or rental car..

You know my thoughts on the Caddy,Lincoln,or Aurora..Keep life simple and manageable..

In 96 I was looking at a new E320 Benz and it was close to 50k new with the 215 hp "6". About 3 hrs after I saw the car, one of my manufacturers terminated my contract so I save myself $15k by buying the Caddy..It was an omen and I was saved. Really stopped at that dealer to see the 740IL BMW
    which was a big price tag. I avoided temptation for I would have really gotten hosed with that model Bimmer..

The May issue of Motor Trend tests 6 luxury sport sedans--all foreign labels and hate to admit the Acura TL Type S kinda cleaned everybodys clock..It's Asian and a big NO-NO for me.. The baby Benz with sales tax out the door is almost 45k; crazy scene..
    I would consider a TL if it didn't look so dull and so much like a Honda accord. It's very nice inside and priced very well. C$36K+ for a car that looks like a Honda.. I think not! I'll take a 3.5 Aurora instead any day.
  • matrixfrogmatrixfrog Member Posts: 180
    Don't overlook the Aurora. The prices on the are falling due to Olds fate. Maybe consider a classic (95-99). You haven't felt smooth until you've driven one. You get a lot of bang for the buck. I also test drove a regal and intrigue and ended up falling in love with the Aurora. The best advice; Get something YOU really like. Don't settle for less. I made the mistake of settling for a car I didn't mind and ended up trading it in a year later for something I've always loved.
    I hope i didn't bring everybody down with my impending decsion to turn the intrigue in.
    Activity on this board has been down the last couple of days and everyone seems to be talking about alternatives to the intrigue.
  • jr45jr45 Member Posts: 45
    etharman: I too considered the Regal GS before buying my '01 Intrigue GL in Feb. A local dealer was trying to sell me the model with the Olympic package that he was discounting. I liked the power of the car, its interior and comfort. The supercharger deterred me a little in terms of repair cost. A good extended warranty can solve that though. However, I did have trouble finding any used ones for sale.

As far as what to buy, can't help you much. I started out thinking I wanted a SUV and ended up deciding I never wanted one. None of them are much fun to drive unless your're an off-roader.

(P.S. - I am AKA ghostz and will be again as soon as Edmunds sends me my lost password. Not having an identity crisis or anything)
  • stgoddardstgoddard Member Posts: 6
    JJpowell2:
    In response to message 2610 mine is a black 2000 gls with options of chrome wheels and tail fin. It has a build date of 5/00. Other than the occasional light problem haven't had any other problems-with about 8000 miles on it.
  • rbb2rbb2 Member Posts: 70
    Mine was a 2000 GL with 21,000 miles. Ruby w/ gray interior. Only options I got were radio buttons in steering wheel and rear deck lid spoiler.

My father picked up his Intrigue today. GLS Loaded minus the Bose and engine block warmer. Black with tan interior. I hope he has better luck than I did.
    I've about ruled the Lincoln out. Aside from being fairly hard to find, I've visited several different forums on the internet and the air-ride suspension and transmission seem to be trouble points on that car. Oh well, it's a Ford I guess the tranny problems are a given. One poor fellow in an AOL forum had a 96 Continental which uses the same engine and it shed a timing chain one morning upon start-up. So it's either a new Intrigue or Regal GS or a 2-3 year old Aurora or Eldorado. I'd love a Seville, but those seem to retain their value better and are out of my range unless I go with a 96 or 97. And I just don't care for the old style Deville as much. Love the ETC though. And to sweeten things, my credit union is offering 6.9% interest rates on used car loans. And the idea of a nice smooth V8 under the control of my right foot sure is tempting too:)
    My posts keep disappearing.
    Talked to the salesperson up in NC again and she told me that olds is mailing out certificates to people who have leased in the last couple of years.

Evidently olds will pay off your lease if you lease another one.

The info is new so she didn't have the full story.

Olds is mailing out the packets now, so we should know what the deal is soon.

My plan is to turn mine in at the end of the May, but she told me not to do anything until i find out about this new program.

She was not sure what kind of deal they would do if i buy one. I guess i will just sit tight.