Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    You should not pay a dime over invoice, as a matter of fact, you should be paying invoice minus rebate minus part of the holdback.

Don't go into dealer until you have negotiated thru the internet sales team.
  • dsmking1dsmking1 Member Posts: 16
    There is an Ad in Washingtonpost for LE 7 passenger with EVP#1, CF, RL for $22590 + freight+tax+title+processing fee of $100. Others matched except Koons (both locations) and give evp#2 and AL (16" AL). Add $150 for 8 passenger. Good luck.
  • eddieraseddieras Member Posts: 49
    what is the holdback on the sienna??
  • hokiedjhokiedj Member Posts: 2
    I'm confused. The www.buytoyota.com site does not have any incentives for the 2009 Sienna for the washington area but Edmunds show that there's a $1000 cash to customer. Is there an error?

Anyone in the DC area bought a 2009 XLE with package #4? I'm thinking I should be able to get it around $31,500 out the door without the rebates (assuming).
  • bhoward99bhoward99 Member Posts: 27
    Anyone care to comment on the HZ option - Laser Cruise Control and HID Headlamps ?

Was this option worth the additional cost ?

I do a lot of highway driving, and thought the Laser Cruise Control would come in handy.
  • aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    In today's newspaper a dealer gives $500 gift card for test drive and have Sienna CE 7-pass EVP1(AG) + DRL (RL) + carpet (CF) (MSRP $25910, invoice $24007, rebate $1500) for $19995 including rebate and destination. Plus TTL + doc fees ($400). ~$22473 OTD minus $500 gift card. AZ.
    According to the CR Report I just bought today the holdback for
    the FWD model is:
    Limited = $713
    XLE = $595
    LE8 = $524
    LE7 = $521
    CE8= $494
    CE7=$491
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    I plan to trade in my 2006 Toyota Sienna LE for a new 2009 Honda Odyssey EX when the dealer gets an EX in the color we want. ;)

Checking internet pricing, I learned that Toyota Sienna's have depreciated MUCH faster than the Honda Odysseys. A used 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE has a lower trade-in value than a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L.
  • txbz751txbz751 Member Posts: 9
    Planning on buying a new or slightly used Sienna in the next 3 months. We would like one with AWL and an XLE (leather, DVD, etc.). We live in WV. What is a reasonable price? The best I have gotten from a local dealer is 32,600 without tax, etc. Please help.
  • wenhqwenhq Member Posts: 14
    For LE8 2009, FWD, with EVP#2, alloy wheels, RL, CF, I got quote from Boch Toyota (Norwood) at $22,7xx, Bernadi Toyota (Framingham) at $22,9xx. these quotes were from end of last month. I think the price should be similar now, since the incentives are not changed. Please let us know what deal you will get.
  • txbz751txbz751 Member Posts: 9
    Is it still possible to get a new 2008 Sienna XLE? Would there be a significant price drop from the 2009 if you got one? Just trying to get my family in a good van with little money. Please help!
  • diggerdavediggerdave Member Posts: 3
    Hi, so I ended up getting LE8 2009, FWD EVP #2, AL RL CF for $22,900. I tried to get it down lower than that but no one would budge. Does everyone this this was an ok deal?

Thanks,
    David
  • cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    That's awesome - You could have gotten it for free I guess. That would have been better.
  • jay1339jay1339 Member Posts: 3
    hi
    i am looking for toyaota seinna .if u are intrested then tell me price for 2006 car
    thanks
  • seattlemomseattlemom Member Posts: 6
    my local dealer offers $1500 cash back until 3/31.. (Seattle area)
    anyone knows the possible incentive after that?
    I am not sure when is a good time to buy (with this economy).
    When will the 2010 cars come out this year? when that happens, will the 2009 cars get a price break or with more cashback?

Thanks
  • aan1234aan1234 Member Posts: 31
    I went to the dealer on the weekend. I had to go anyway to decide between LE and XLE, if I need running boards and choose a color.
    I asked them if they can give me the same discount for LE. They agreed on it but (I guess they would come later and say that the manager did not approve it) after that they said that all cars have dealer add-ons (paint protection, itching, tinting and so on) for ~$2000 and wanted me to pay that. Then they wanted me to split 50/50, then... I don't like those games so I just left. They did not even have the ad car in stock before the add was ordered. The previous week the same car was for 20999 and it was not in stock. Isn't all this illegal?

Another dealer in the area offers LE 7-pass EVP2+DRL+CF for 22988 and they have 4 for that price.
  • dandydoniidandydonii Member Posts: 45
    I think they have to get better, then again, i thought they would have had to be better this month. With the 2010s on the way, I gotta believe that Toyota is going to have to unload these 2009s sooner rather than later or risk really having to blow out the 09s later.

That being said, I don't know that another 500.00 in incentives will help that much. I think it has to be something drastic to help in this economy. I think 1500 off with 0% financing would be drastic enough to sell a lot of units. That being said, I have no idea how much money Toyota makes off of each one of its cars.
  • bluelaserbluelaser Member Posts: 7
    Hi, I am in Twin Cities, MN.I got quotations from a few dealers for 2009 Sienna LE+package#2 and the lowest quotation is ~$24950+TTL. It seems very high to me. What kind of price do you pay in MN? ?Thanks a lot
    Anyone know when the 2010 will arrive here in the US ?

One dealer is telling me Sept. / October this year.

I would bet that the Toyota and Honda versions will come in around the same time ;-)
    question- i've been shopping for a sienna xle in the chicago area - got numerous email/ phone quotes mostly within a few hundred dollars of each other. my question is with one dealer. i was given the name of a gen mgr there by a friend so i just called and told him the exact car i wanted and got the price (no work on his part) - but he's not the most competitive. i did mention to him that this is zero work for him - and he doesn't even have a salesman involved, hoping for a better price - he rounded it down to $28,000 from 28,139 (!). that includes the $1000 rebate and is for pkg 3 (dvd), mats, fog/deicer, alloy wheels and tow pkg.

is it unrealistic to expect an even better price from him seeing the above?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    A used 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE has a lower trade-in value than a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L

The Honda cost $1,355 more when new.

So if the used one is worth more than $1355 more than the Sienna, then you're right.

If not, the Sienna actually depreciated less.

Not to mention, back in 2006 I believe Toyota had bigger incentives.

So when you look at the actual price paid, I bet the Sienna cost $1500-2000 less.

Does the Honda buyer recover that extra amount?
  • wildetoyotawildetoyota Member Posts: 5
    The 2010 Sienna begins production in April. It will take about a month or so before we will see them at the dealers though. So a time frame around May or June is fairly likely for the 2010 Sienna. Get ready! :)
  • mplshondadlrmplshondadlr Member Posts: 409
    The Honda buyer does get little things like side curtain airbags, sunroof and 8 passenger seating standard - does the Sienna XLE buyer?

As I recall back to my '96 pricing, when equipped like a standar Odyssey EXL, the Sienna was about $1600.00 more (MSRP to MSRP). And, as I recall, you can not get 8 passenger seating in the XLE at all.
  • wenhqwenhq Member Posts: 14
    May i know which dealership you got this from?

Thanks.
  • fmichaelfmichael Member Posts: 95
    Can we expect to see larger rebates, and/or 0% financing this spring/summer for the 2009 Siennas when their newer sibling the 2010 model arrives at the dealerships?
    Prices here in Wisconsin seem quite a bit more as well...Lucky eastcoasters :mad:

;)
    I was merely referring to the price paid.

He argued the Ody was worth more now, I responded with "it cost more new as well".

The topic was residual values, not content.

I have an 8 seater 2007 Sienna, and compared to the Ody the 8th seat is a real seat, not a "bridge", it has more horsepower, a trip computer, a tow package was standard, bla bla bla.

But I wasn't comparing content, just price vs. resale.
    The 2nd row seats of the 8 passenger Sienna do NOT have armrests. :sick:

The 2nd row seats of the 8 passenger Sienna are NOT full size seats but are narrower than the 2nd row seats of the 7 passenger Sienna.

Toyota does NOT offer an XLE without EXTRA options which make the available SIenna XLE's MORE expensive than an Odyssey EX-L. ;)
  • laurenpedorenlaurenpedoren Member Posts: 15
    email pauley toyota in crystal lake 27,656 I bet they will take it, but anything under 28 is going to be hard to beat.
  • hokiedjhokiedj Member Posts: 2
    Makes since now how I got a XLE Limited EVP #2, daylights for $33,800 OTD in the Wash DC area. That includes the $1K rebate. They basically paid my taxes with it and lost most of their holdback. I was wondering if there's some kickbacks we don't know about.
  • 1983gti1983gti Member Posts: 2
    SOUTHEASTERN VIRGINIA
    2009 Sienna XLE FWD
    Blizzard Pearl
    PACKAGE #2 (FROM THE TOP)ON THE WEBSITE $1100 (APPROXIMATELY)
    17" Wheels
    Leather
    Tow Package
    Fog lights/Daytime Running Lights
    MSRP is $31,555
    Dealer has quoted $28,107 plus tax and fees
    CAN I DO BETTER?
    thanks for the tip on pauley - question will dealers be more 'generous' on trades in order to make these cars move?? what's the thought on that?
  • wp746911wp746911 Member Posts: 26
    if dealers are more generous on the trade it is only b/c you paid too much for the car:). The BEST new car deal involves buying the car from the dealer and selling your car yourself. The next best is to negotiate the new car price and finalize it, then neogiate the used car price with the dealer. Once they find out you have a used car you are selling to them, they can start playing games.
    The Ody's 8th seat (2nd row middle) is something like 7" wide. Use it in a pinch, for short trips only, but it's not a real seat.

The Sienna's is 20" wide.

It's no contest.
    thanks - i agree and that's how i do my negotiations - car first and only - then mention trade- my question is do you think in todays competitive market that dealers are more generous so to speak with trades??
    Dealers pay KBB trade in and say Edmunds is too generous. My 2006 Sienna LE 27,600 miles on the odometer, with all the options has a trade in of $12,500 if in EXCELLENT condition. By comparison, my niece's 2005 Odyssey EX with 46,000 miles has a trade in of $ 13,200. :shades:

She paid LESS for her 2005 Ody EX than I did for my 2006 Sienna LE with its options.
    The Ody EX costs more....

You didn't time your purchase well and didn't get a good discount.

I paid around $25k for my LE-3, and at the time an Ody EX was $26,246 plus freight.

It should cost more used. It cost more when it was new.
  • kktmvkktmv Member Posts: 4
    Does TMV price for a zip code include sales tax ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    No

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• snubberthedogsnubberthedog Member Posts: 2
    I got 2009 XLE sienna with package#3, 17", leather, fog lights & toyo guard. 30000 OTD. Check this website out. You will recieve email from dealer offer usually 2000 below invoice. I bought my car in Athens, GA. Good luck

http://driveyourdream-cbt.zag.com/main.html
  • wzhy70wzhy70 Member Posts: 15
    08, CE, 5000mile only, asking for 18,888 - By owner

all typical Cruise Control, Roof Rack, Rear Air, 7 Passenger Seating, ABS , AM/FM / MP3 (Single CD), roof rack, Air Conditioning,Dual Front Air Bags,Traction Control,Stability Control,Power Door Locks,Power Windows
    FWD,Tilt Wheel,Tinted Windows,,Power Steering,,Side Airbags,Rear Defogger,Intermittent Wipers,Clock,Keyless Entry,Power Mirrors

07 CE 17,000mile, asking for $17,999 - by dealer, certified.
    cruis control, Power Steering, power mirrior, power window, Air Conditioning, AM/FM / MP3 (Single CD),Roof Rack,Rear Air, Power Windows,Tilt Wheel,MP3 (Single CD),Dual Front Air Bags,ABS (4-Wheel

Please advise which one is better?

Thanks
    is .15cents of per mile good for a demo - should there be more of a discount than just that?? thanks!
    Between those I'd pick the 08, it's still under the B2B warranty and at 5000 miles it would not really need any reconditioning to be certified, at least one would hope.
    thanks for your input. how much should i offer?
    New sienna w/ cruise control and roof rack is $23,400+/- invoiced per Edmunds.com and KBB.
    Should I offer 80% of this price(about 18720)? or 75% ($17500)
    You said that one was a private seller, correct?

I'd go see it, in the daylight of course, and check over it carefully.

You can lower the price by finding flaws. For door dings deduct $100 for the first dent on a panel, plus $50 for every next dent, about what a paintless dent removal place would charge.

Maybe more if the carpets are stained.

I usually go by this rule - you lose 10% when you drive off the lost, and another 10% each year after that. So that would have depreciated by 20% or so, and the miles are actually low, so the price is pretty fair.

But....at that age it should be perfect, so I think it's fair to deduct for any flaws at all.
    thank you very much for the tips!
    oh boy, the seller raised the price to 19350 due to large amount of email.....
  • amirahamirah Member Posts: 3
    Makes since now how I got a XLE Limited EVP #2, daylights for $33,800 OTD in the Wash DC area. That includes the $1K rebate. They basically paid my taxes with it and lost most of their holdback. I was wondering if there's some kickbacks we don't know about.

Could you please give the name of the dealership from where you bought this XLE Limited??
    07 CE 17,000mile, asking for $17,999 - by dealer, certified.
    cruis control, Power Steering, power mirrior, power window, Air Conditioning, AM/FM / MP3 (Single CD),Roof Rack,Rear Air, Power Windows,Tilt Wheel,MP3 (Single CD),Dual Front Air Bags,ABS (4-Wheel
    how much should I offer?

new CE is about 23400 invoiced, 70% of this is about 16380, Reasonable?
    With towing pkg, & carpet/door sill protection MSRP $30,960...Internet quote $26,052 which includes the $1000 rebate.

Good deal?