Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• Options
    sshowittsshowitt Member Posts: 137
    fedssocr:
    Are they "legal", I don't have an answer for you. I do know that they do not throw as much light as HIDs. I am sure that you would not incure a problem with them.
  • Options
    benz747benz747 Member Posts: 91
    I am in Ohio and learnt from dealer that they are expecting some C class, already on waters expected to reach PORT by Feb end and at dealers place by March 10th. also heard that there are few cancellations expected - although these CARS are sold at MSRP, these cancellation will defiantly help up to negotiate, also been to WWW.CLAIR.COM and surprised to found couple of C240 ready for SALE sitting at dealers LOT???????? is that the indication for us to negotiate ?????? any thoughts ???????????????
  • Options
    patscarpatscar Member Posts: 7
    Today I ordered a C240 6mt black/charcoal c1, c2, c4, xenons, and bose. I was able to get the cd player thrown in! I think I may have been able to get more $ taken off, but I was surprised it was so easy to get the cd player that I was speechless. My salesman was very good. He was layed back and did not pressure me. I drove the 3 series BMW, Audi A4, Volvo S60, and found the C to be far more refined for the money. Plus it is a MB! Cost was accurate with the edmunds layout. Now the wait begins. I'm told May, but I won't get my hopes up. It will probably be closer to June. Everybodys posts have helped enormously! Helped me chose options as well as colors. I've been reading posts for months and it's exciting hearing about everyone finally receiving their cars. Any advice on what to do during the wait? Or what to expect from the dealership?
  • Options
    ny74ny74 Member Posts: 15
    Do you guys know this feature is available for 2000 C230 or only the new C?
  • Options
    louie57louie57 Member Posts: 10
    My car has approximately 4000 kilometers (2400miles). I made an appointment for next Thursday to address them as follows:1. Steering wheel not perfectly aligned at 12 noon, its at 11:55.2. While travelling on the highway at 110 to 120 km/hr there is a rattle which I have isolated to the plastic housing surrounding the lights around the rear rear view mirror. I mentioned this to the service advisor and he thought it might be necessary to rebare balance tires. 3. The drivers seat cushion makes a squeaking noise. When my passenger places their hand under the dirives seat the noise stops, but starts again when they let go. Moving the seat forward or back does not get rid of the noise. 4. When the dealer installed the CD player in the glove box, I think they forgot to fasten it in place, I can slide it around in there. I think it is supposed to be screwed in place.I will let you know how it goes next week.
  • Options
    c320buyerc320buyer Member Posts: 17
  • Options
    dennettdennett Member Posts: 332
    When I click your name your addy isn't available, you must have clicked private. Could you e-mail me the info? You can get me at robsdad@excite.com
    Thanks a ton! I can keep secrets real well!!
  • Options
    Thanks for all the hard work! I'm sure it will be a big help to a lot of people. If we ever get the C class owners group club here, hint hint, it will sure make it easy for new members to research past issues! I hope you're enjoying the new car! See you tomorrow at the Friday Freeway!
  • Options
    raylauburaylaubu Member Posts: 15
    Did you get any discount off MSRP?
    Where did you buy yours?

Thanks a lot and Congrat!
  • Options
    ea6651ea6651 Member Posts: 4
    Well, ordered a C320 on Monday, they will have it at the dealership on Friday (Bay Area, CA) I was lenient on colors and some of the options (only want leather, c2, c3, plus c4/xenon as nice-to-have), thus they could find the car in the port. Has COMAND (which I do not want), so I might not take it. They immediately threw in the CD player, without me even asking (maybe because I already own an MB) Tomorrow, the final negotiations will start. I guess I will get about zip off the MSRP, so I will drive a hard bargain on my trading in my old C-class and be prepared to walk! Would be nice, though, to get the car.
  • Options
    nil88nil88 Member Posts: 10
    Is there anybody waiting for a c240 from Georgia and deling with Atlanta Classis Cars. I have placed my order in early dec and still waiting. I been trying to get a build date but my salesperson says he doesn't have it. I have seen previous post where people have build dates. I am trying to figure out if my salesperson sucks and is too lazy to get the information.
  • Options
    fedssocrfedssocr Member Posts: 90
    If I were you I would go to the dealership and ask your salesman to show you the printout that lists all the cars they have on order. Yours should be there along with a general build date. If he refuses to show you the list I would be very wary. Any good salesman/dealer should be more than happy to share that info with you. I would guess that if you ordered in early Dec. you probably have another month or two to wait. It took me 4 months from order to delivery and I think was about average. They had my build date in the computer within about 2 months from my order.
  • Options
    kimj1kimj1 Member Posts: 32
    I certainly understand your frustration. I placed my order for a C240 with C1, C2, C3, Auto and Comand on Nov. 10 and I still do not have a build date. I was told at the time of order that it would probably be a 6 month wait. My husband spoke to our sales rep. last friday and he assured us that he would have a date within the next two weeks. So, I hope to know something by next friday, hopefully sooner. His "guess" is that it will be a mid to late April date. I have the impression from reading all of the past posts that some dealers are more than happy to share the information with you at the time of order, while others play "dumb" and claim that they have no idea when your car will be built. Unfortunately we happened to get stuck with the latter of the two.

With my situation I only have one dealer in town, Austin, TX. I could have driven to San Antonio, Dallas, or Houston and probably could have received my car quicker, but at the time I was in no hurry to get it. Now, I am just praying that my current car holds up until my car comes in.

I am trying to look at the positive though. Hopefully some of the problems mentioned on this board will be figured out by the time my car is built. I am buying this car, not leasing, so the wait is allowing me to sock even more money away for a bigger down payment. So, I am trying to be patient knowing that the reward will be worth the wait.

Happy waiting!!! It will be worth it I'm sure.
    Kim
  • Options
    w2p2w2p2 Member Posts: 63
    I too started at ACC. Had a salesman that really ticked me off. I got so pissed at him I canceled my order and left.I left ACC which is 3 miles from my house and went to RBM,23 miles away from me. Good luck at ACC. Laurie at ACC is the best, unfortunatly I had someone else.
  • Options
    chuckj2chuckj2 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the trick to programming the auto opener feature on the mirror? I have a Genie Intellicode model and have tried programming in accordance with the manual for the 240 and the manual for the opener. No luck! Is there a special position I have to hold the remote in??

For kimj1, I ordered mine on 15 NOV and received on FEB 1. Better make sure they actually ordered then and didn't do a lot of stateside shopping first! Might get you some leverage for some free toys.

Also, had an interesting fault the other evening. Left the radio on but engine off when I went into a restaurant to pick up a to-go. (had friend in car) Cranked the ingition without returning key to off position first and car started fine. As I'm scooting down the highway I noted all of my guages were flat; tach, speedo, fuel, everything. No other problems though. Pulled over, recycled the ignition and all was well again. Got my heart going though!

CW in Charleston, SC
  • Options
    acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    chuckj2, The Mercedes c class is equipped with Homelink system. Go to www.homelink.com and click on directions.After 2 or 3 "nexts" it will ask about ROLLING CODES.. This is what you have, and the instructions for that will probably get the job done.You may need some help... although I did mine myself. No guarantees but I think this is your problem. By the way... mine is not a Mercedes but I do have homelink and a genee system. Good luck.
  • Options
    c320buyerc320buyer Member Posts: 17
    Dealer called this morning saying a car is available. I am having second thoughts as the economy is affecting me. Bay area deal, if I back out does anyone want it? No, I am not selling my spot. I'll just let you know where it is and you go get it if I decide not to do the deal.
  • Options
    gb16gb16 Member Posts: 12
    First thanks for all info on the C230K. It was sold out from under me .

Now there is a 2000 C280 Special Edition. 8K on miles, asking 33K. Anybody with one of these Special Editions? Any thoughts? Thanks again in advance.
  • Options
    robtroxelrobtroxel Member Posts: 103
    Today, Friday early am, I stopped by the MB Dealer Fletcher-Jones, Newport Beach CA. to see what was on the lot. Saw at least 8 240/320s equiped in various ranges including the Sport with command. No I don't have any affiliation with them, but they are major players for MB in sales so I would give them a look. They are in the 949 area code.

Good hunting . Let us know if any of you find something there!
  • Options
    patscarpatscar Member Posts: 7
    Although I did not push the issue. I accepted the fact that I would be paying full price after reading these posts for the past 2 months. I did go after the CD because of what others have been able to do. Also will get mud flaps and stuff like that thrown in. I should have tried for discount off MSRP! The dealers are making a healthy profit off these cars. I'm in Mass. and bought it off a small town dealer where I felt comfortable. I visited a big market dealer just outside of Boston and felt out of place. Lots of dark suits and greased hair!
  • Options
    nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    It's weird, if you look at the income demographics of people buying this car, and the demographics of stock market investors, it's a tight match. Yet with the market tanking, it doesn't seem to affect demand for this car, and thus the MSRP pricing. Aren't you people losing money, LIKE ME!
  • Options
    mgaskinsmgaskins Member Posts: 1
    I was toying with the idea of buying my wife a c-class, but after giving back all of the 1999 gains in 2000 and 2001, I'm staying the heck away from the Mercedes dealer! If everyone is similarly effected, we are definitely going to have a recession 'cause I'm not spending money like I used to...
  • Options
    drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    is starting in 7 minutes time. See you there!
    /direct/view/.eea61db

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • Options
    jayonejayone Member Posts: 25
    He, my 99 323i's lease is up next week , loved my car even tried getting an extension but they wanted similar prices to a new one so I chose not to. so I decided to look at new or off-leased cars. I chose the Mercedes, the c240 thought was a good deal for a Mercedes, same price as the 323i. I must say reading everyone posts has made me a little nervous. anyway my car arrives next week had no rob getting one. Local leasing company tracked one for me. I leasing and curious what other people are paying. I am paying somewhere around $510 plus add ay 8.25% tax to that?? anyone else leasing??
  • Options
    I guess I shouldn't have said eject me eh? What happened in Friday Freeway after I left? 3peat!!!LOL I'll go for the quad next week! JerseyJack will be proud of me! Seriously though, Friday freeway was a blast as always. I like the new format better, although I wish the text was larger. The text for me was about the same size as it is here, maybe smaller, it was about twice this size in the previous format. But I got used to it. I'll try not to get ejected next week!!LOL
  • Options
    sleakesleake Member Posts: 47
    I don't know what caused this problem after leaving the radio on, but it sounds like you left the key in the on position. I just want to let you know that you don't need to do this. The radio will stay on as long as the key is in the ignition, even in the off position.
  • Options
    raylauburaylaubu Member Posts: 15
    I am in Boston, MA area...I only went to Herbs Chambers and Clairs. Which dealer did you go to if i may guess? and did you get a good deal?

Thx for any info
  • Options
    diplomatdiplomat Member Posts: 5
    Show it and Dennett please go to my profile and send me an em-ail about the warranty information that was previously discuss. I have the C320 and -class and would like to buy the extended warranty. Thanks in advance for your input.
  • Options
    lperakislperakis Member Posts: 49
    Hey shhowitt,
    please email me with the name & phone number of the dealer discounting extended warranties. I tried to email you but your profile do not show your email address. Please go to my profile and email me.

thanks!
  • Options
    nil88nil88 Member Posts: 10
    who was your salesman at ACC? did you place your order at RBM. If so, did they give you a build date yet?
  • Options
    Raylaubu,
    Try Viti, in Tiverton, RI. 800-544-5580, ask for Marsha. Superb dealership, single product store, with THE best service. They have quite a few customers in the Boston area as well as in NY. Will pickup your car and leave you with a loaner.
  • Options
    But some guy is insulting him over in the M-class thread. If you have enjoyed Drew's pics and sagely advice go over there and voice your support for him. I just can't believe anybody would have the gall to insult Drew after all he's done to help people. The deal starts at post 1864, if you don't care then never mind! I hope everybody has a great weekend!
  • Options
    I ordered some Magma Red paint for a few chips on our new C. Drew, who else, is giving me some pointers on how to apply it. I'll let you all know how it goes. From what I've heard it's a common problem, likely it's the water based paints and the slope of the nose that causes it. Cross your fingers for me LOL!
  • Options
    zmeenowzmeenow Member Posts: 341
    ditto on discounted mb warrantee infiormation!! please email me at:zmeenow@aol.com/// thanks!
  • Options
    kenyeekenyee Member Posts: 738
    Be careful about Herb Chambers. When I was shopping for my ML, they would not commit to *not* using my ML as a demo. The new thing that dealers (including Acura of Boston) have switched to putting a small number demo miles on new cars instead of beating the crap out of a single demo. When I did my ML demo at Chambers Flagship, the guy used an ML w/ plastic wrap still on it. I beat it up pretty well. :-)

No such problem at Clair. My salesman even showed me the car w/ plastic wrap still on it when I went to check it out before delivery. On final delivery, it has 6mi.
  • Options
    w2p2w2p2 Member Posts: 63
    If I had stayed at ACC, I would only have dealt with Laurie. She was great. I had to deal with another Salesman because Laurie didn't want to step on his toes. I had driven the first car with him. Went back on a Saturday and Laurie was with me for an hour and half, driving and talking about the car. I wanted to go ahead and order a C-320 then, but she said for me to go through him because he had orginally spent 15 mins. with me.
    My salesman was a male and He is the one I got passed at and left after about a 6 weeks of dealing with him. I didn't enjoy the "buying experience" at all. He never gave me a build date. He kept trying to get me to buy a used car or one with different options and color, because they had one available. You can get the CD for $800.00 or less there, be firm. I think when I canceled I was close to getting one. Also, you don't have to let them know if you want the extended warrenty then, you can add it later.
  • Options
    rainersrainers Member Posts: 50
    SShowit and Dennett please go to my profile and send me an email about the warranty information that was previously discuss. I have the C240 and -class and would like to buy the extended warranty. Thanks in advance for your input.
  • Options
    I don't have any info to share, I was one of the askers! My dealer said I could have 10% off if I bought in the first month, don't know if that'll be extended. I'm looking into the info Steven gave me, but I don't have anything yet. I'll let everybody know if I find any good info.
  • Options
    Alright, here goes my first effort to load some pics, and to prove I really have a new C LOL!! Our car has the oyster interior, and I included one pic of the interior, plus one of both my babies!

• Options
    drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Glad you were able to post the pictures! It's nice to be able to associate a name with a face :-)

Wow, the Magma Red paint really showed up well in the pictures! Much more so than Orion Blue/Jasper blue. Your C will definitely not be easily mistakened for another, eh! I like how the Oyster interior complements the red.

BTW, your head restraints appear to be in the standard (lowest) position. Have you adjusted them? Ideally, the top of the head restraint should be level with the top of one's head, and as close to the back of the head as possible. This will minimise any chances of whiplash, if god forbid, you are involved in an accident. FYI, if the head restraint does not go up to the top of the your head (all MB ones do, but in other vehicles they may not), the top should at least be level with the top of your ears.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • Options
    michhalamichhala Member Posts: 375
    I purchased a new C320 Nov 7. There have been problems with the seat memory, and the dealer tells me they will give me a replacement car, which I will accept. They also tell me it is likely I will run into the same seat memory problems in another car. The dealer tested another C320 they had in their show room, and it exhibited the same behavior. I am the only driver, and one key is used. The situation is that just one position can be programmed into memory and then all three positions pick it up. If a setting is programmed into position #1, it will also appear in #2 and #3. It is not possible to have three different seat settings in memory.

In addition, if the seat is moved back by valet or car wash people (car wash uses cloth, not brushes :), pressing the single memory button does not return seat setting to where it was originally. Intermittently when setting seat manually, it has different ranges of movement -- sometimes it will go forward as far as I need it to, and other times it will not. There have been numerous incidents when the seat memory has been very erratic.

Dealer told me everything is workable if I disable the exit mode.

Has anyone in this news group had problems with their seat memory or had to disable their exit mode? Am I expecting or hoping for something not possible in the replacement car? One reason I am happy to have another car is because the exterior was delivered in very bad shape. The chips and scratches have been fixed, but there is a bad hollow place in the door that can only be remedied by painting the door. Dealer will do this, but does not recommend -- but it sure bothers me because it is where I see it every time I enter the car.

My thanks.

Michhala
  • Options
    lennyk1313lennyk1313 Member Posts: 7
    Well, this is my first time posting a message. I have been reading your messages for a while now but really had nothing to write about. Well I finally ordered my C240 last week! It's Brilliant Silver with 6 speed, C2, C4 and CD changer. I was told that I should get it at the end of May beginning of June. I am so excited!!! I was dreaming about this for a very long time. Well that's it for now. Will keep checking back for more posts.
  • Options
    Right on, now that you've got one ordered be prepared to hear from your dealer. They'll likely have some cancellations, and you'll have the chance to buy similar cars to what you've ordered. Be prepared to move fast because those cancelled orders, especially sought after colors like silver, are gone to first guy with the money! Be sure to stop by the dealer and check out the cars, you'll feel a lot more at home there now that you've got a car on order! Congratulations!!
  • Options
    frasafrasa Member Posts: 1
    Could you please post the message about the extended warranty
  • Options
    Frasa, e mail me and i will forward you the imformation
  • Options
    pufininstuffpufininstuff Member Posts: 1
    i bought my c240 at inskip in warwick road island and had no wait what so ever, i but a 1000 dollar deposit down and two weeks later i had my car
  • Options
    mofo01mofo01 Member Posts: 7
    Well, I been reading messages that people posted here about a month now (when I put down $500 deposit for C240). I've been followed closely to all of you have to say and they been very helpful. I couldn't believe it, but I just got my car yesterday (Brilliant Silver, sunroof, CD Changer)just because someone ordered it but didn't show up to pick it up. If anyone live in Southern California, you should drop by House Of Import in Buena Park (They just got 4 trucks load in a couple days ago)...I saw quite a few yesterday. Hope this help those are looking.
  • Options
    conniehconnieh Member Posts: 1
    OK, I am a long-time lurker, first time poster. I ordered a C240 on Dec. 1 that looks like:

6-speed
    White/Java
    C1
    C2
    C3
    C4
    Bose
    Xenon
    Multi-contour seat
    CD

It was built last week! Yea! I live in the Portland, Oregon area. How long has it taken you left-coasters to get your cars once they were built? I assume it comes on a ship through the Panama canal and to Long Beach, CA. From there to the VPC and on a truck to the Great Northwest. Is this correct? Any guesses as to lead time from here would be appreciated. I can't wait.

This will be my third MB. My first was an 83 300D-Turbo which I still drive daily (186k miles). My second was a 90 300E which I totaled last fall. This will be my first new Benz, so I am really coming out of my chair in anticipation!

TIA

Gary
  • Options
    You can still get your c-240 serviced at Viti, pickup and delivery service also. Their service is hands down much better than where you bought it.
  • Options
    lperakislperakis Member Posts: 49
    Dear "sshowitt",
    I want to thank you for the contacts you sent me re: extended warranties. You saved me about $900 off of the retail price that my local MB dealer was quoting for my C320.

Thank you, again....900 times over!

Very best regards,
    Leon
This discussion has been closed.