Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• diwc240diwc240 Posts: 172
    First MB C Class Weekly Chat!
    Mercedes Benz Owners JOIN US every Tuesday evening 6-7pmPT/9-10pmET to Chat!

320s, 240s, 240 6MTs, Sport, All C's come out to the First MB Weekly Chat.
    It should definitely be a lively session !!
    Post your Photos, pics, snaps in the Gallery section.
  • vkjvkj Posts: 67
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    I'll be there for sure :-) Looking forward to chatting with many of you live!

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • dennettdennett Posts: 332
    I'll absolutely be there!! I was very excited to see the link at the of this page when I logged on today! It'll really be great to communicate with many of the regulars here, newbies too!!

Debadging, interesting idea. I agree that some people with lesser models frequently do this, makes no sense what-so-ever to me! People who notice badging tend to be car nuts who can tell the difference between different models, people who can't don't care about badges anyway! There is another group however that goes for debadging, the people who buy the most expensive/fastest models. That way no one knows what model they're up against in the stop light drag. Or, they don't want their clients to know they're in a $50-100k vehicle. That's a cool concept, although if I had a C32, I'd want the badging on! In a CLK forum I frequently lurk in they were recently discussing this very issue. They were totally against people debadging lesser cars because when those cars get dusted, the competition thinks they just smoked a CLK55 when it really was a CLK430 sport. So I'd say don't do it unless your removing your C320 badge. Just my opinion though, you guys do whatever you want!!!
  • mb_a_mustmb_a_must Posts: 32
    I'm thinking the interested party wanted to take off the dealer decal. I have noticed in my area that one of the MB dealers buts one on but the other does not. When I purchase a new car this is one of the first things I take off! Some of them can be very ugly.
    Looking forward to chat with some of you tomorrow!

[email protected]
  • kenyeekenyee Posts: 738
    or option #3: because the letters are a PITA to wax around :-)
    Dirt seems to accumulate around them. It's truly annoying.
    But the darn grooves down the side are worse to wax and wash than the Badges! Also the groove under the black trim below the windows. All are minor issues, and if anybody wants to pull off their badges it's their car and they can do whatever they want, right? Take easy, I'll be looking forward to talking with you tomorrow! You too, Greg! With the new Edmunds chat format you have to have your TH name as your chat name, so it'll be no problem figuring out who you're chatting with. Hopefully everyone here won't say I talk/post too much!!!
  • newmbfannewmbfan Posts: 59
    My dealer in Raleigh told us at the new owners orientation that they would provide free tire rotation every 5K miles. They said it is not well known but all I needed to do was make an appointment and bring it in.

It may be something that the dealer does above and beyond the MB program.

I will try and check this out before the chat tomorrow night!
    dennett:
    What do you mean by grooves down the side? Do you mean the area under the rub strip?
    I do tend to leave some wax under that, but Zaino doesn't dry very white, so it's not obvious. The dirt around my model badge is a dark color and my ML is silver, so it's very noticable.
    Plus the rub strips on the both bumpers. On my red C when I wash the car I have to really dry those grooves or I have big water spots along them. Are you the one who wants to remove the badges? If so, like I said, if you want to take them off you go ahead, it's your car! If waxing around the badges is a problem then I'd say that'd be a reasonable reason to pull them off.
    Removing the model badge is on my list of stuff to do, but I think you guys were talking about someone else ;-)
    Yes, the area around the rub strips is a pain to wax around as well. It's funny that one of our list members wanted to take the 0 off so he could have an ML32. I thought that was...er..different. But it's his car and he just wanted to know how to do it. :-)
    Please join us in our inaural MB Tuesdays chat tonight at 6-7pm Pacific. All MB owners and fans/enthusiasts are welcome to drop by. Don't miss it, it should be great!

Click on the link below to get to the chat:
    /direct/view/.eea6e59

Drew
    Host
    I mispelt "inaugural", sorry!
    Hope the Edmunds server can handle the Load !! LOL
  • djasonwdjasonw Posts: 624
    I am at work now so I don't have my owner's manual. I remember reading that there is a way to have the lights come on when the windshield wiper switch is activated. Can someone tell me how this feature can be activated? Thanks!!
  • 404c404c Posts: 146
    A few weeks back there was an exchange of posts on this list regarding the demise of the Canada-US Auto Pact and the possibility that the CDN 6.1% import duty would becoming off cars built in Europe as a result. This is to report that the CDN government has written to me to say that the duty is remaining in place. Therefore Mercedes-Benz prices will not be coming down. :-(
  • ny74ny74 Posts: 15
    where can I buy an extra magazine for the cd changer model number MC3198 and for how much?
    Just a reminder that the MB chat starts in about 20 minutes. See you there:

/direct/view/.eea6e59
  • sirus32sirus32 Posts: 55
    One of my relatives just purchased a brand new 2001 Cadillac Seville STS. The car is loaded and has just about every feature available. Sticker price was $56,500.

I took it for a test drive and noticed the breaks were squeaking. I asked if they heard the noise before. Yes, It happened immediately after taking delivery. They drove the car back to the dealership wondering if everything was ok.

The dealership checked it out and told them it was "normal". Breaks have a glazing on them from the factory. It sometimes causes a squeaking noise. They were told it would go away after a few months. The dealership offered to remove the glazing manually, but it would take a day in the shop. They decided to let nature take it course.

MB isn't the only manufacture with break issues. Personnaly, the break noise was a non-issue for me. If someone points a finger at you becuase your breaks make a noise during the first 2 months, tell them to bug off!

-E
  • zmeenowzmeenow Posts: 341
    was nice seeing you all there tonight!

zmeenow
    I could not read fast enough, let alone type.
    I wonder if it will evolve into dedicated Class Chats: E and C etc ?...
    It really was fun wasn't it! It did get a bit crowded, but it's great to C so many people so enthusiastic about their cars and MB.
    Thanks for dropping by everyone, and making our first ever MB Tuesdays chat so successful. I learnt a few things tonight, most notably about the MB phones and voice recognition. I hate to say it, but there will probably be fewer people next week, so I don't think we will be splitting it apart for now.

Hope to see you all again on Friday in the Fridays Freeways chat, or in next week's Edmunds.com Editors and MB chats.

Drew
    Host
  • Interested in knowing if the paint chip issue continues and what colors are more prone to chipping then others. Also how are the dealers handling this problem.
  • michhalamichhala Posts: 375
    I had friends of Mercedes dealers and car brokers check around to find out more about the chipping. Among this group, none has heard of any problems with chipping on the C320. If I had not seen the posts on this news group, I would have thought I was the only one with the problem.

I am trying to follow the advice given in message #1613 re the darker the color, the more the chipping; and that metallic chips more than non-metallic. 'Tis not easy given majority of color choices are either dark or metallic.

What do I choose? In the eyes of this beholder, the color favorites are dark or dark and metallic. This leaves the light colors Desert Silver and Brilliant Silver, both of which are metallic, and white, which just won't do. I saw a Bordeaux Red, which appears to be a medium shade color, in the show room, and although not my favorite, it looked pretty --but it is metallic -- Desert Silver is not too bad but metallic -- Brilliant Silver is just too popular and is metallic :)

Would Bordeaux Red metallic be better than straight Black or Obsidian? Would Desert Silver metallic be better than Bordeaux Red metallic?

In the past, I have always liked and enjoyed my black cars without problems -- although we are not joined at the hip, I would give up that color with many regrets. On the other hand, the lingerie would not protect the car body because some of the chips are on the door. I left out Magma Red because I drive quite late at night and do not want to call attention to myself or the car. Didn't I see a post from someone with Magma Red getting chips?

What to do! What to do! :D)

Sure was delighted with the chat room today.

Miki
    michhala:
    If I were you (assuming you have a garage to put it in), I'd just get the color you like, put an invisible bra (check around in your area and make sure you have a good installer first) on it to cover the front impact areas, and enjoy it ;-)

I don't understand what's causing the chips on the doors for the person that reported that though...
    Get the color you like and put one of the invisible bras on. I think the door chips on your current C are a real fluke, you're the only person I've heard mention anything like that. If you want black get black! Although I've seen some really sharp white Es, they're quite rare. My car is the Magma Red one and does have 2 chips on the front bumper and several tiny, pinhead sized ones, on the hood. Ian has Desert silver and it looks great, but I've never seen it on an E. Give us the details on this E exchange, you've got to go for it!!
  • w2p2w2p2 Posts: 63
    1) does anyone know if it is possible to change to the cd while playing to another cd using the steering wheel pads?
    2) cannot check my oil. every time i try it says to start engine to check, I do and then it says oil cannot be checked with the engine on. anyone have this problem?
  • nankynanky Posts: 75
    We finally ordered a C320 for my wife. We went with the obsidian black (metallic
    black) with charcoal interior + C2, C4, C6 (sports package), and xenon lights.
    Choosing a color was one of the biggest decisions albeit going with or without the
    sports package. I was hot on the brilliant silver but she wasn't. Going from a Camry,
    I have offered to help her get used to driving this fun car once it's delivered in the
    next 45 - 60 days (she doesn't buy that). What I still haven't figured out is how with
    100K miles on her '96 Camry, she gets a C320 and tells me I can get a new car in
    two years. Folks, my '91 Honda has 230K miles on it. Somebody help me!! In any
    case, that gives me time to see what Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes do with their GS,
    5 Series, and E Class respectively.
This discussion has been closed.