Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• sirus32sirus32 Member Posts: 55
    Today I received notification from the dealer that my C240 has been built is now on the water!

The boat is estimated to arrive in port March 24, with delivery to the dealership before Easter. My dreams have come true.

Can you see me doing my ~~HAPPY DANCE~~?
  • bubba3007bubba3007 Member Posts: 38
    Hey people! lets show a little charity here. Have you ever driven some of these cars and SUVs at night. Some of these manufacturers really design pretty poor headlights, some owners never check their aim, and some are too blind to be driving at night. At least I keep telling myself that in an attempt at temper control. With the C we have pretty good lighting and if we use the lights properly perhaps a lesson will be learned by someone.

Bubba
  • bubba3007bubba3007 Member Posts: 38
    You are going to LOVE it when it gets here. So much so that you will know that the wait has been worth every minute. Talk to your salesman and get him to loan you a set of manuals from a demo, if he has one. That way you can be even more ready when it arrives.

Bubba
  • diwc240diwc240 Member Posts: 172
    sirus32, you should definitely have your C before
    "Good Friday" April ___ the day after the 12th this year. It seems to take approx. 7 days at the Port for PDI / Customs clearance etc...
    Actually, I was told the Container ships telex the serial #'s of the cars two or three days ahead of ETA into the Port, to speed up Customs clearance.
  • zmeenowzmeenow Member Posts: 341
    the manual. is somwhere between a nintendo video game manual..and computer software manual...
    read it well... study it carefully.. there will be a room pop quiz!! lol
    seriously though... its quite detailed... theres lots to know about this car to enjoy all of its options and benefits... gives one a greater appreciation of the engineering...and to agree with bubba.. youll have fun driving it!
  • dennettdennett Member Posts: 332
    When you say a running mpg figure, do you mean the after start screen? I always use that screen, but unless I'm wrong the C doesn't have a real time mpg reading like bimmers do. Let me know if I'm wrong, I hope I am. I like the that feature in bimmers, you can really see what putting your foot into does.
    it seems like the mpg...is in some way averaged every few seconds..... i was watching it tonight(after reset screen).. it does move up and down somewhat in real time.. reset button is on left side of instrument panel// hold it down for a few seconds while on "after reset".. then watch mpg. and mph...directly correlates to movement of the car.
    ... that screen gives readings based in current trip....as opposed to cumulative totals (after start screen)... its a bit confusing..
    anyone have a better fix on this?
  • vs4vs4 Member Posts: 70
    Has anybody seen Wedgewood Blue colour personally? What is there impression of Wedgewood colour? Would you prefer Wedgewood Blue over Brilliant Silver?

How would you relate this colour to other very obvious items in this colour?

I really appreciate for sharing your thoughts...

Thanks.
    the blue is a nice color.... if u are buying.. it may be harder to sell... the silver is an easier color to sell.. if leasing.. it matters not
    That's the screen I too watch, but it gives you mpg since start up, not real time. I've gotten as good as 30.1 on a 300 mile LA and back trip, that was actual milage at fill up. We went 67-72 the entire time. I was watching the screen like a hawk, trying to break 30 and I was successful, but I did sweat it at the couple of lights I caught between the off-ramp and gas station! LOL! It read over 31mpg when I exited the freeway! You ought to join us at Friday Freeway this week!
  • michhalamichhala Member Posts: 375
    There is a bright and shiny Black C320 currently residing in my garage. In mid-May an Obsidian Black C320 will join the family. I was shown a car at the dealer's, but they were not sure if it was black or Obsidian. To those of you who know for sure, is the color a true black with metallic as described to me or does it looks more charcoal? I am concerned I will miss the straight black's sparkle, but I needed to have a change.

Dennett have I confused you more? :)

Miki
    Congrats Miki, sounds like all has worked out!! From what I've heard the Obsidian is definitely black, not charcoal, that's the Tectite. I've seen pics of the Obsidian at that MBWorld site, the CLK section, I'm sure if you ask somebody will post a pic for you there, but it'll be a CLK. Maybe somebody here has a C? Let's ask!! LOL!

ANY OBSIDIAN BLACK C PICS OUT THERE??
  • mmcmillan1mmcmillan1 Member Posts: 4
    I took my '00 C280 in today for oil change and wheel rotation. I have 5k miles so I payed the bill for $107.53. Just for those who wonder about how much it costs.

Here is the breakdown: filter $10. mobil 1 oil--9@$5.5= $49.50 labor was $20.70.

Rotate tires labor was $13.80.

Environmental charge $9.40 and tax $4.13.

BTW, the loaner was an E 320, and I thought my car was sweet, this one was unbelievable. If only the market would rebound.
    I was editing the spelling of "Obsidian" and when I finished you had already posted with your reply. My thanks. I am happy you understand and that this blonde did not confuse you in the least. :)

Miki
    Thanks for the tip. I'll ask my sales person if I can borrow a set of manuals.

I've been on 6 test drives since I placed my order last November. I've figured out most knobs, buttons, and switches. However, I did see the Manual in the glove box during my last test drive. Wow, it's thick. I also noticed the quick reference guide. Great idea for those who haven't read the manual.
    dennet scroll down one screen(or up) to " reset" not start up.. i think thats the screen that gives you real time numbers.scroll one more screen and you get a projected total distance on a tank of gas..based on what i imagine is your average speed.

ill see what shakes out fri.. single guy here so i do occasionally keep that passenger seat occupied..lol
    that screen is like a little video game... trying to see how high the mpg will go! ive had similar experience trying to raise mpg!
    but in a way... it helps one understand how to drive the car better....me thinks anyways!
    It's a concept car, but check it out...

http://mbspy.bacosys.be/w203karmann.htm
    GREAT PICS! VERRRRRYYYY KEWEL!
  • nankynanky Member Posts: 75
    I am waiting to take delivery of an Obsidian Black C320 in May. It is definitely black and not charcoal. I often refer to it as metallic black. Are your C320's equipped with the same packages?

Has anyone had an alarm installed either by the dealer or elsewhere? I would like to know whether adding an alarm, particularly a non-dealer installed alarm, created any electronic problems and also what to expect price wise.
  • nankynanky Member Posts: 75
    The site Sirus32 provided in message 1917 also has an interested report, along with graphics, on the C design from conception to the final selection. Click on C - class W203 design studies if interested.
    ...again... verry interesting,and in depth yes?
  • rtigerrtiger Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone share a list of things/issues about the C240 that I should look for before I take ownership?
  • w2p2w2p2 Member Posts: 63
    Have you guys noticed that there is a mirror on the glove box door? WHY?
  • mac72mac72 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased a 1997 C230. A rather noisy "rumbling" sound comes from the engine that is obvious both at idle and low speeds. I don't notice a problem with the way the vehicle is running. Is this something normal? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • bigbaddadbigbaddad Member Posts: 14
    I don't think it is a mirror. From what I can tell, and I'm guessing, it is a sunglass holder in a very inconvenient location. I put my glasses in it once, but now keep them in the armrest.

On the subject of gloveboxes, are the 2 clips a pen holder?
    nanky -- Much relieved to know that Obsidian is definitely black.

The Obsidian is equipped with Xenon, head lamp washers, heated seats; the Black is not. Otherwise they are the same.
  • djasonwdjasonw Member Posts: 624
    Ok... we all know that Zeemee is a night time salesman for Zaino. <<KIDDING>>. I was wondering if you had any experience with the leather in the bottle product they carry. I would LOVE to use that in my car and see if it enhances the somewhat vague leather smell I currently have. Was also wondering how tedious it is to follow their instructions on the wax process. It seems quite a job!!
  • kenyeekenyee Member Posts: 738
    djasonw:
    I tried this on an old jacket w/ a very dirty/dried up leather collar (from being put in a washing machine :-) and compared it to Leatherique on the other half of the collar. End result was that the Zaino leather treatment smelled better (more like leather), but the Leatherique treated side looked/felt more "restored" and slightly softer. The Leatherique is a cleaner, too, so that may explain the difference since there is a separate Zaino leather cleaner that I did not use.

At one point, Sal said leather in a bottle contained mink oil. This is supposed to be bad for treating seat leather since it weakens the fibers. It's fine on leather gloves, collars, etc. though. You should see if it still has mink oil if you're getting it.
  • djasonwdjasonw Member Posts: 624
    Thanks for the info! I have to investigate further to see if it has mink oil. This would be interesting to see since this company is supposed to have the BEST products available. Obviously, it is not necessary yet to treat my seats, but within the next few months. I'd like to do something.

If anyone is contemplating getting FULL leather as an option, I'd advise against it. Since I got the Sport Option it comes with full leather, but it's hard tell the difference between leather and MB tex. In the long run, MB tex is probably more durable.
  • jimibjimib Member Posts: 10
    I enjoyed your pictures of your Red 320. That was my first choice, but since the car was for my wife, I was overruled and she went with the silver. We have had White and Red vehicles for the last 12 years and she wanted a change! I like black when it is clean, which is in the showroom! Anyway if "I" ever go for the BMW, it will be red!! My favorite color!! We have never owned a MB and we have never been as excited about a "car" (late April delivery).
    whats with the american flags?
    Gary, I thought you had added it to your ID somehow and then I see them next to just about everyone's ID...hope it is not a "joke or virus".
    I think I should stand up and say the pledge of alegence. Ok, now all together:

"I pledge alegence to the flag...."
    must be a right wing conspiricy....
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    are a feature that international Town Hall has rolled in just tonight. Whether a flag shows up by your name is dependent on whether you have selected a country in your profile.

If you'd like, you can go to the "My Profile" link at the top of the page to select your country and then have your country's flag displayed my your Town Hall ID.

And if you see a flag that you don't recognize, just put your mouse cursor on the flag and the name of the country will display.

Cool, huh?

(Well I like it!!)

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
    Jimib thanks for the compliment on our car, we get a lot of em
    Let's C if it works! LOL
    I did change my profile, and selected Germany! What's up?
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    It's not fooled by your tricks, Bill! ;-p
    You can clean/condition your seats right now if you wish. Don't forget the time that it took for your car to be built and to arrive at your dealership. It's a good idea to clean and condition the leather every 3 months or so, or basically at the end/beginning of every season. This will reduce the wear and tear. My seats are about 15 months old and despite daily use, there are only minimal wear marks on the leather.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
    Am I German? LOL
  • newmbfannewmbfan Member Posts: 59
    WOW! I have been away since the chat. You guys got pretty cranked up for a few days :-)

I was curious about the mileage. We are going on our first real "Road Trip" next weekend. I am stuck on 20.8 for the last two fills. All city driving though.

I have been looking for the sun glass holder for a month. I will have to go downstairs and see what it looks like. I can't get the owners encyclopedia in the glove box after I added the CD changer.

Door lock question. Does the car lock itself always or is that a setting? I did not think it did but after fooling around with some of the seat options, it seems to lock itself after I get out.

Zeeme, If you had popped for the memory seat, the easy exit feature would eliminate kicking the speaker. I know cuz I busted 2 of them in my last car and have just about the demolished the speaker in the Miata. (But I am getting so old and tired I can hardly get in the Miata anymore anyway.) Looking for a buyer for that.

Which tires did you get and how are they holding up after 12k miles?

BTW, Is anyone getting a discount off MSRP?

Just kidding, Don't answer that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • newmbfannewmbfan Member Posts: 59
    Welcome to our little chat room. I have seen your pictures over on the mbworld board. Did you get tired of all the flames?

Those folks really need to get a grip!
    >Am I German? LOL

Will someone please help dennett be German.

Miki
    Welcome! I too have seen your posts at MBWorld, it's good to C you here! I think our C forum is much more active and friendly, I just hope that bob guy doesn't find his way over here!!LOL Oh well, people here just don't put up with negativity, so we'll just have to straighten him out if he too rolls in!! Tell us about your C, and be sure to visit the C owner's club and definitely post your pics in the photo section. You can check out my red C there, and my 9 month old son too! Glad to have you.
    I've been trying to find a pic of an Obsidian black C, but no luck so far. If you find any post'em here. The ones in the build your own section at MBUSA are lame!
    You are indeed!!!! :) Don't give up your citizenship just yet, though!!!!

I am chasing black MB's on the freeway that appear to be metallic for a quick peek, but cars just keep getting in my way.

Miki
    may be true re memory seat... im the only ine driving it.. so i figured why... well next week theyre putting in a new speaker grill.. fixing the seat squeak...
    interesting sidebar... service rep told me that several of the mb's do not get tires rotated in the normal way.. because they have different size tires on front and back.. does that sound right?? drew? my milage as of today is 10.8k.. tires holding up well... honestly.. i dont know which tires i have!
    im pretty sure door lock setting may be changed only insofar as how long it waits before locking.. but always locks automatically
    Yes, it's true, but it doesn't affect your C's tire rotation. MB vehicles with high performance directional tires can only be rotated front to back and back to front. Some others with directional high performance tires have staggered tire sizes (i.e. the rears are larger/wider than the fronts) and cannot/should not be rotated whatsoever.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
This discussion has been closed.