Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• george129george129 Member Posts: 6
    I paid $33466+tax& tag
  • apu2apu2 Member Posts: 5
    Hello all, I am looking into a 2010 or 2009 Sienna LE 8-passenger, package #2. Got a quote for $25,253. Is this a good deal? Also any advices on good dealership in So. Cal would be helpful.

Thanks. :)
  • washbujewashbuje Member Posts: 2
    Ok, I now have three AWD LE that I am currently looking at in the Portland, Oregon area. All of them are pkg. 2. Color is a little different, but otherwise the same package. I think the best price I can get on any of them is $28,200, which equates to about a mark up by the dealer of $1,500 or 5.5%. This seems high to me. What should a dealer be looking for in regards to profit per car.
  • diesel_powerdiesel_power Member Posts: 16
    if its 2010 yes good deal ( you can get it @ 24,500 too )
    Tommy
  • diesel_powerdiesel_power Member Posts: 16
    its good deal, make sure that you are buying 2010 not 2009
  • abumgabumg Member Posts: 3
    Hi! Can you please tell me which dealer gave you this quote?

Thanks
    Abu
    I am in Central Jersey and interested in 2010 CE Model. Can you please post some of the quotes that you have recvd in Central Jersey? I want to buy it before Friday. Also, are the quotes below invoice or closer to MSRP?

Thanks
    Hello,

If anyone bought 2010 Sienna CE with PKG#1 in Central NJ recently, can they please share the price on the forum. I want to know whether it is going under invoice or above invoice. Right now I got couple of quotes and both were about about $1600 above invoice. Please help I need to buy it before Friday.

Thanks
  • vjklvjkl Member Posts: 10
    Do you know if your offers includes destination fee? Did you ask for OTD price?
    Whoa...$24,500 is a great deal. Where can I get this in So Cal? :) Thanks
  • bamboo222bamboo222 Member Posts: 20
    Yes...$800 des is included in MSRP. OTD is about 10.0ish % more which includes sale tax and DMV fees.
    misslisa1, please give me your email; will try to help you with your purchase.
  • meriminimerimini Member Posts: 4
    Check online at fitzmall.com. They are fixed price dealer.
  • danda1danda1 Member Posts: 2
    Although i am interested in an LE as opposed to a CE would like to know your experience with the delaer when you purchase ( I am located in Edison).
  • farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    This is a great and helpful site and this is my first post here.

I plan to buy either Sienna or Honda van. I asked one local dealer via mail and received the following reply.

2010 Toyota Sienna MSRP
    Model - 5338 LE FWD 8 PASSEN Base: $27,070.00
    Exterior Color - 01D7 SILVER SHADOW PEARL Installed Options: $1,791.00
    Interior Color - FC12 ASH/STONE/DRK GRY/LGT GRY Total: $28,861.00

I only need LE EVP #2, but many other options are included. I was offered $27599 + TTL

I looked at this site and find out the ratio to calculate the price other people purchased or offered:

Post 1:

2010 Ltd, MSRP: $40,520
    Purchasing price: $33,466+tax&tag

Ratio: 33466/40520= 82.59%

Post 2:

2010 XLE package 4 RES & NAV in So. CAL
    MSRP $35087
    Best Offer: $31,282

Ratio: 31282/35087 = 89.15%

Post 3:

2010 le with evp # 2
    msrp $27850
    Offered: $24697

Ratio: 24697/27850 =88.68%

Post 4:

2010 LE 7 Pass FWD with EVP 2
    MSRP: $28,000
    Offered: $24,800

Ratio: 24800/28000 = 88.57%

My quote from one dealer:
    2010 Toyota Sienna
    MSRP:$28,861
    Quoted: $27599

Ratio: 27599/28861= 95.6%

did anyone in Houston area get a good deal with ratio ~ 88%? Would certainly appreciate help as I hate to negotiate at dealership.
    Does someone know the invoice for a 2010 Sienna LE 8-passenger Package #2 or where I can find this info? Thanks. :shades:
  • jetzzsjetzzs Member Posts: 64
    Hi,
    You can find it on edmunds.com :shades:
    Looks like great deal you got there. The best offer i got is 31,500(34,960 OTD) for the exact same car XLE with EVP 4 and no extra ear phones :-). Would you mind telling me the dealer name?

thanks
  • shadow36shadow36 Member Posts: 4
    That does sound like an awesome price! I would also be grateful if you could email me your offer information. Kudos on the extra earphones, as well!
    Anyone receive a great price for a 2010 XLE (particularly with EVP 4) in the northwest suburbs of Chicago? Anyone have any great experiences with Toyota dealers out here?
    Got a quote for a 2009 Sienna LE -8 passenger, package #1 for $25,500 plus $1000 incentive. Good deal? Or go for a 2010 version?
  • misslisa1misslisa1 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a Sienna XLE FWD with evp#4 +towing prep + mats
    for invoice $32,161 before tax, title & license. I was very happy with the customer service and it was a super pleasant buying experience at Folsom Lake Toyota near Sacramento, CA. I probably could have gotten a better deal if I pushed very hard but with that model and that options package, and my favorite color, blizzard pearl, the inventory is very limited, so I feel I got a fair price, not the best price, but fair.
    I'm very happy with it! Good luck everyone!
    vjkl, send me your email and i'll be glad to tell. I will purchase by end of week and don't want to make it public yet...actually, got quote lowered today...you can do better with you quote.
    thanks for this tip...it really helps in determining invoice price and most competitive price for the east coast.
    Wow bamboo, that's some impressive negotiating! What's your new quote now? And can you send me you offer information as well? Thanks!
  • karenkjkarenkj Member Posts: 7
    i know this may sound silly, but when everyone is quoting invoice on here is that invoice before the extras, like dvd or nav are added or is that including the invoice price of everthing?
  • mikey67mikey67 Member Posts: 1
    I like to team up for a better price if its not to late . Looking for xle w/ option 3
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    $24.5k sounds good with the incentive. That's actually a tad lower than a similar 2007 model a couple of years ago.

Go for the 2009. The 2010 has no significant changes and will just cost more.
    Bamboo222,

How can I contact you with my email, without having to publish here?

thanks
    use a "junk" email that you don't mind publishing. don't use your personal email.
    give me your email and I'll help you but don't want to publish this until I secure the deal tomorrow . 31,100 is best offer.
    Please email to itsokayhere@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
    So the $31100 is for a 2010 XLE with EVP 4 and any other options? Also, did they still throw in the extra headphones? Please email me the specifics of your offer at airlinemax@hotmail.com. Thanks in advance!
  • autodudeautodude Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

We're shopping for a Sienna too... could you pls. share your info on your deal?
    Appreciated it.

David

PS: my email address is cali00friend@yahoo.com
    Thank you everyone for helping me with my purchase; this site was very informative!

I finally made the purchase today for $31050 (plus tax/license).
    MSRP: $35087
    Factory installed acessories: FE AW LF QN TO
    Port installed Accessories: CF WH
    EVP4

***this included an extra pair of earphones (WH) total of 4 earphones!

Please keep in mind that it is VERY difficult to find a dealership (DS) to duplicate this for a while since it's a 2010. Currently, you won't find very many DS willing to sell at this much under invoice. If you are not in a rush to purchase (like me...I had a husband enforced Aug 1st deadline---need minivan for our summer vacation roadtrip), wait til end of September or end of the year.

Good luck shopping.

Send me an email if you want help.
  • nardznardz Member Posts: 8
    hey bamboo..can you send me the qoute sample..or any qoute that you receive from other people in the forum...email akositomas@gmail.com
  • nardznardz Member Posts: 8
    goede921 ....do you mind if you can send my the quote you receive in the email...akositomas@gmail.com...i want to buy an LE too. thanks.
  • karenkjkarenkj Member Posts: 7
    Would love your help! kisrow@hotmail.com please send me the quote if you don't mind-or something I can show to my guy!
  • psumommyof2psumommyof2 Member Posts: 18
    Anyone in PA getting good quotes on LE models? I need something to start with and it would be good to hear what others in the area are getting..Thanks!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    You are close enough to Fitzgerald here in MD that you should use them as a price benchmark: check fitzmall.com.
    meetme25,

Could you tell me who gave you 30090+tax offer, the best I got for exact same one is 31500+tax(destination fee included). Your sound excellent price. You can email the info to itsokhere@gmail.com

thanks
    vj
    Wow......30,090 for a 2010 xle evp4????????? that's more than $1800 below invoice! unbelievable! good job!
    my lowest possible quote was 30950!
  • wingsneck95wingsneck95 Member Posts: 5
    Hi There - Sorry it took a while to get back to you. No salvage $ - just the straight $3500. I guess you can go after the scrap value as well but I'll tell you - the dealers are very confused on this program runs and are knee deep in customers and sales. I don't think it's worth the hassle. I picked my car up 7/30. I had the deal prenegotiated prior to 7/24. Massachusetts sales tax was going up 8/1 from 5 to 6.25% so I really wanted to wrap up the deal prior to 8/1. Once again, I got a great deal on the 2010 Sienna XLE MSRP 31,390 (package 1 - leather, heated adjustable seats (no dvd,navigation,moonroof)), negotiated $4400 or so off msrp and got the $3500 on top of that. With tax, doc fees the final OTD price was $25,169.00 (I was a little vague with my numbers in my earlier post as I hadn't picked up the car yet). Did it all online before hand - no hassles.

I HATE dealing with carsalesmen/dealerships - it's a notch below getting a cavity filled in my books. IRA Toyota of Milford was awesome! I was always waiting for the other shoe to drop and it didn't. Great deal/Great service -I highly recommend them. We were so pleased my wife brought them homemade cookies when we picked the car up - talk about bizzarro world - My enemy was now my friend. Good luck to all in their car hunt.

The cash for clunkers program has dealerships stretched to their limits in terms of work, manpower and demands. The night I signed my papers with the finance manager at 9 pm, he had 5 more people waiting to process. It's so busy they have their clerks stay through midnight to input the data into the govt system as the system is down during normal hours due to overload. The DMVs are also overflowing which has resulted in the car dealers taking longer getting the registration done. I recommend patience to all - the dealers really want to sell you a car, this program is a once in a lifetime event with many quirks that has slowed the car buying proces down. There are great deals to be had!
  • sienna2010sienna2010 Member Posts: 1
    On July 18, 2009, we purchased our 2010 Sienna w/ the following options: Value Pack #3 (QJ), AW, LF, WO and CF for $29,188 before title, tags, taxes and $100 processing from Darcars Toyota, Silver Spring, MD.

The buying experience was pretty painless and used the 2.9% financing for 60 month.
  • airmanmj2001airmanmj2001 Member Posts: 15
    I think it's a pretty fair price now for a 2010 right around invoice without much hassle. Folks who landed those amazing deals must have very convincing negotiating skills, trade-in bargains or in a very competing market.
  • i95i95 Member Posts: 4
    Is your XLE AWD? This price seems out of the world. I can't even get a LE AWD close to this one. The best I got so far is 27200, w QF package. A couple of hours later, I called back, the lady said it was already sold!
  • andyjunkandyjunk Member Posts: 1
    Can you send the name of the internet sales person you dealt with to my email address.
    dontcarejunk@mail.com

If possible could you forward me one of the emails that contains some details. I can use that to negotiate. Thanks.
  • wingsneck95wingsneck95 Member Posts: 5
    Andyjunk - I just emailed you the details. Good Luck.

That deal is for a FWD - my wife is a stay-at-home mom that doesn't wander in the snow so I didn't need the AWD.
  • i95i95 Member Posts: 4
    can you send me the sales person's info? emsunnyside@yahoo.com. Thanks!
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    Hi everyone -- we're currently in the market for an 2010 AWD Sienna, but it appears in our market here in the SF Bay Area that dealer stock tends to have AWD with the Limited only.

What we are ideally looking for would be the XLE AWD with some option packages, but those seem non-existent.

For those of you in other markets, have you seen this combination?
    Is it possible to order a specific combination through your dealer to Toyota? What's that process like?

Thanks for your help!

Ken