Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 2010sienna2010sienna Member Posts: 3
    We put a refundable deposit down yesterday on the above vehicle. Dealer started at $27,850 (+ T,T, L). Dealer went down to $25,765 and is offering 3.9 for 60 months or 2.9 for 36/48. We are very flexible on color and delivery date.

This is the first time I've researched buying a car on the internet so everything is a little overwhelming (plus we are 8 months pregnant). Does this sound like a good enough deal? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • apu2apu2 Member Posts: 5
    For the same vehicle, we got a quote for $25,250 in Tustin, CA.

We ended up getting a 2009 instead since it had the $1000 incentive (ends Aug 3rd).
  • sienna09ownersienna09owner Member Posts: 2
    For 09 LE with EVp2, 16'' Alloy wheel, Daytime running lights, TO and carpet floor mats, the price was quoted as 26529 in Seattle. Is this a good price?( said its costco price Invoice plus 200)
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    In my area that doesn't sound like a good price on a 2010, let alone an '09. I have looked into Costco pricing and am finding I can do better by just emailing the internet sales dept at the dealership.
  • i95i95 Member Posts: 4
    Does it include the $750 incentive? or the destination charge?
  • sienna09ownersienna09owner Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply. My price doesn't include the 1000 dollar incentive as we decided to go for 0% APR and also include the destination charge. Also they didn't had the color we were looking for but agreed to get the car from regional dealer.

I have tried internet sales, but haven't gotten any response. After visiting three dealers, I found everyone one had very limited( mostly one or max of 2) LE's especially 8 seater in stock and except this dealer all other three dealers were asking for MSRP and possibly 500 discount to the max which sounded ridiculous.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Look out for the run-flats. AWD mandates those.

You have a Subaru as your other car, so I would opt for a FWD XLE.

They're cheaper and more plentiful. You should be able to get one with Navi and even the DVD player for about $33k or so.

The traction and stability is a bit intrusive but it keeps your driving on the safe side. Plus there is an off button.
  • moevtmoevt Member Posts: 4
    Hi Ken,
    About a month ago I bought a 2010 XLE AWD in Vermont. Our dealer didn't have one on the lot with the options I wanted (EVP #3), so they contacted a Boston area dealer and located a color I liked and had it brought here. They told me for the color I selected (Slate Metallic), they found about 10 of them within a 250-mile radius (all with the package I wanted and AWD).

So we got the AWD we wanted, plus leather seats, sun roof, DVD entertainment system, etc. for about $33,000. I think I could have negotiated a better price but that's how it goes.
  • 2010sienna2010sienna Member Posts: 3
    It includes the destination charge and the incentive
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    any know if they're out yet? we missed out on the 2009 models (none in our area...Des Moines, Iowa). We're looking at the XLE FWD evp#2 package
    That price doesn't sound high to me, you traded Navi for AWD and paid about what I guessed it would cost.

Congrats.
  • satjoshsatjosh Member Posts: 3
    I bought 2010 Sienna LE with package #2 over the weekend. This forum was very useful in my decision making process, both in terms of right van and price. Cannot say I got the best price, but feel satisfied. Here's the detail

Selling price: 25,000
    Cash4clunker: 4500 (-)
    tax: 1281
    title: 133
    doc fee: 50
    7yr/75K premium warrenty: 1250
    Final OTD price: 23,564
  • gollsgolls Member Posts: 21
    I received an email today from a dealer in the Bay area stating that new incentives will be announced on the 6th of August. I am going to wait until then.
  • moevtmoevt Member Posts: 4
    After purchasing the XLE AWD with pkg #3, I read on one of these forums that I could get good pricing at fitzmall.com and checked. Same car appeared to be less than $32,000 (as opposed to just over $33K). I don't have any experience with buying a car long-distance, but it might have been worth the trip.

Another way I comforted myself that it was an okay price for me to pay is that I had a 2001 Dodge Grand Caravan with AWD. It did not have leather, dvd, heated seats or a 6-CD changer. I paid over $30K for that car and it was 8 years ago so now I get a better quality car with more features for only $3K more, 8 years later.
  • farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    Hi, Stjosh:

Thanks for the post and information, I am living in Houston and plan to buy 2010 Sienna LE + EVP 2, not have any success to get a quote with even $2000 discount.
    Would greatly appreciate if you can tell the dealear name. I do not have Cash4clunker deal. Thanks
    What was MSRP on the Sienna?
    Sounds good to me.

I have no clunker but either way I paid about $3 grand higher in 2007 and didn't get that extended warranty, either.

Congrats.
  • satjoshsatjosh Member Posts: 3
    I bought 2010 Sienna LE with package #2 over the weekend. This forum was very useful in my decision making process, both in terms of right van and price. Cannot say I got the best price, but feel satisfied. Here's the detail

MSRP: 27,600
    Selling price: 25,000
    Cash4clunker: 4500 (-)
    tax: 1281
    title: 133
    doc fee: 50
    7yr/75K premium warrenty: 1250
    Final OTD price: 23,564
  • pendopendo Member Posts: 1
    First post - thanks in advance. I just want to get the opinion of the forum on whether this is a fair deal or not.

We are looking to buy an XLE with package #3, the JBL system, floor mats, the 17" spoke wheels, and front fog lamp package. However, we really liked the backup camera in the Odyssey and wanted a hitch to put a bike rack on. To add both of those after factory, they are offering $31,500.

Because we got these specific options, I don't feel like I have a lot of leverage. This seems like a fair, not great, not bad price. Opinions?
    You have to allow room for the cost of the options plus installation labor. At $105/hour nowadays at some dealerships, that adds up fast.
  • farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    Satijosh

Again many thanks for your detailed information. Your post really helps and I forwarded it to a Houston local dealer and the internet sale rep is willing to offer such price now.
  • lohjlohj Member Posts: 1
    I was quoted by Sterling McCall in Houston for an XLE with EVP#2 plus carpet, tow and fog light options for 29700 + TT/L. Included are 2% Holdback MSRP (594), 1% finance reserve MSRP (297) and PIO Holdback (17). Is it worth it?

Satjosh, could you email me your dealer and sales details? Thanks.
  • nmomof2nmomof2 Member Posts: 14
    They're currently offering 2.9% (or more) on the 2010 Siennas. Is this traditionally the best I can do? Do they ever go down to 0%, or is that usually just GM? We have excellent credit, and though all the experts say to secure your financing before walking into a dealer, the rates at banks/credit unions are always higher. Even for someone with a very high credit score.
    2.9% for 36 months / 3.9% for 48-60 months on the 2010. They had better deals on the 2009. We missed out on the 2009 models, absolutely none in Iowa (XLE evp #2). I'm thinking that Toyota can do better than that. Part of it is the cash for clunker deals. Why give away any more rebates or offers when the govt. is will to fork over $4500. If you can wait it out for another month or 2, that might be your best bet.
    I think you're probably right. I'm still trying to see what I can finagle with the Toyota dealers (or Honda) in my area, but I'm not turning up much. Maybe I should take my car to a good car wash to make it look nice again. That'll make it easier to hold off for a couple of months. (though it won't stay that way for long with the kids) ;-)
    No good deals left in my area either. Inventory was scarce in mid July, then C4C hit. Dealers not in as good of a mood to deal now.

Decided to put a new set of tires on the Odyssey (Michelin X from Costco) It now rides almost as good as the new Sienna and Odyssey did on their test drives. Since dealers are not giving much in the way of incentive to buy, have decided to wait till first quarter of 2010 (thats only ~ 4 to 6 mo) when the 2011 Sienna's will be available. New styling, 6 speed transmission and 27 MPG.
  • mbengembenge Member Posts: 18
    Hey,
    The 2009's were 0% back in June. When they are at the end of a model year Toyota will usually offer 0% and sometimes at other times. I bought my 2002 4runner at 0% (a day after it went off officially). I imagine that with a 2011 redesign coming out (supposedly early 2010) we'll see the 2010 Siennas go to 0%apr at the time leading up to it's introduction. Just a prediction.
    I don't see how it'll get 27mpg, to be honest.

The current 5 speed is geared very, very tall. IIRC both 4th and 5th are overdrive gears. At highway speed limits my engine is idling along at 1500rpm.

I don't see how they can improve on the current van's 24mpg highway by 13%.

25mpg is more realistic.
  • shop50shop50 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Bamboo,
    Please email me the dealership you purchased your Sienna from. I live in So. Cal and can't find an XLE w/EVP 4 under $32k.

Thanks
    lovetoshop50@yahoo.com
    I have a quote of $31,850 for a 2010 XLE EVP 4 with the following options:

1. Alloy wheels
    2. Towing package
    3. Fog and driving lamps
    4. Carpet floor mats with door sill protector

I don't really need any of these extra options, but anyway, how's the quote? I am in the CA bay area. Thanks!
  • bamboo222bamboo222 Member Posts: 20
    Your amount sounds like close to invoice price. My purchase last month included all your options with an additional pair of headphones. MSRP: $35,087. My purchase price was 31,050 which I think might be difficult to duplicate in the bay area. I also got 2.9% for 60 months. It also helps that I had 850 fica score. Hope this helps! :)
    Can they decrease the finance rate if you have a *really high* fica score? Or are they locked in to that 3.9 for 48 months currently offered?
  • vjklvjkl Member Posts: 10
    Hi golls,

Could you tell me which dealer quoted you that price in Bay Area. A week ago I had quotes like that but now I am getting quoted over 32000. I am also looking for XLE with EVP 4. You can send me email with the dealer information and quote specifications to itsokayhere@gmail.com.

thanks
    vj
    VJ, cars for clunkers seems to have killed all the good deals and inventories seem to be running low. It is just another transfer of wealth from the responsible to the irresponsible. Anyway, ranting aside, I contacted carsdirect last week and they contacted me yesterday with this quote. The quote on their website is now higher (thanks to the stupid cars for clunkers), so they may not quote the same amount anymore. Even I am not sure whether they will honor this quote if I confirm the order on Monday.
    I don't think high fica score will have a major impact on getting the best apr. It just helps to validate. my 2.9 offer for 60 mos. was factory incentive that ended on 8/3/09.
  • i95i95 Member Posts: 4
    paid 27101 after the 750 incentive. About $800 better than invoice.
    I got all the quotes from internet, it worked w/o too much hassle, except completing the paper work at the end was a long wait, due to a long queue of buyers.
  • vjklvjkl Member Posts: 10
    golls,

Did your dealer stood by their quote? Cash to clunkers is absolutely screwing things up for me. The best quote I am getting now is 32,974, please let me know if you are getting better quote than that.

vj
    C4C is messing up anyone that does not have a vehicle that will qualify. If you could wait a few months the dealers will be in a better selling "mood".
    I agree. If you don't qualify for C4C, you're not going to get a very good deal. Even the C4C deal, the dealers aren't giving people very good quotes. In their eyes, they're "giving" the customers 4500. So they're going to hold back on their sale price more hoping customers are focusing on the 4500 incentive.
    We don't qualify for the C4C, our 11 year old cavalier gets too high of a gas mileage.
  • goldenluvergoldenluver Member Posts: 1
    We picked up a new 2010 XLE pack #2 last week. Got it for about 3K beneath MSRP. Actually placed an order for the car in the last week of June. It was scheduled for production already with what we were looking for and the dealer did not have much in stock to select from (STL metro area). Very pleased with the transaction. C4C was not part of our negotiation.

After one week we are very pleased overall with the vehicle. Only disappointment (pretty major, actually) is with the OEM Bridgestone Turanza EL42 tires. From all review sources that I have found online these are ranked about as low as anything that I have seen. I certainly was expecting more from Toyota. My fault for not investigating more thoroughly up front. Will probably be replacing these within a year or sooner if they indeed prove to be poor performers as reviewed in snow and wet road conditions.

One more thing. As I followed my wife home from the dealer I noticed that the two rear wheels appeared to not be perpendicular to the road, they appeared to tilt in toward the vehicle a degree or two at the top. I did have it checked out a few days later at the dealer and they said that I was correct, the tires do tilt in at the top. There was no problem, though, as they said that the rear suspension is designed that way. They reinforced that it was important to rotate the tires regularly to minimize the slightly uneven tire wear that this design may promote. Anyone else notice this with their Sienna?
  • yatesjoyatesjo Member Posts: 186
    I noticed that the two rear wheels appeared to not be perpendicular to the road, they appeared to tilt in toward the vehicle a degree or two at the top

That's called camber, or more specifically negative camber and it helps with grip in cornering. If you look carefully you will see that most vehicles on the road have negative camber to one degree or another.
  • redpearlredpearl Member Posts: 14
    Purchased my vehicle at Capitol Toyota on May 1, 2009 in San Jose, Ca.

MSRP=$27,774 for 8 passenger (5338) with LE EVP #2, CF, Cargo net, etc.

Price quoted for the salsa red pearl pictured on the internet was $23,900 after factory rebate but before TTL.

Dealer was the only one to respond with a quote for my exact specifications.

Considering the safety equipment and other standard items vs. my 2005 Highlander I feel this vehicle was a good value.
  • kenskens Member Posts: 5,869
    We are in the market for a 2010 Sienna Ltd AWD. We went through Carsdirect.com and they found us one for invoice. We were all set to receive the car tomorrow when we got a call telling us that the dealer reneged on the deal. Apparently, because of C4C, the dealer they were working with closed down their internet sales department and wanted MSRP+500 for the vehicle.

Unfortunately, Carsdirect could not find any other vehicle at a reasonable price now because of inventories being so low and buyers now bidding up the vehicle prices. The next batch of shipments is not due until Sept/Oct...

Sorely disappointed at the recent turn of events...
  • chatnoirchatnoir Member Posts: 3
    San Diego. Was getting quotes for 2010 LE with EVP2 one week before C4C started in anticipation of a quick C4C transaction. Got many low competitive quotes and was ready to buy the lowest one at $24.5k but had to go on vacation for a full week when C4C started. When I came back ready to buy the the cars quoted were all sold and suddenly new quotes for same options were much higher, the lowest at $25.8k (Escondido). Now the dealers basically wouldn't quote and would say "Drop by and we'll talk. The dealers gained the upper hand in one weeks time and refused to go lower!

I negotiated at Escondido for 3 hours ($25.8k) before driving to Kearny Mesa to purchase the same vehicle (EVP2, daytime lights, mats, towing package) on a special internet priced deal for the 8-passenger LE at $24.9k. Got the $3.5k off for an old Windstar worth $500. Pretty happy with the savings but unhappy with the paperwork involved and confusion on the dealers side in doing a C4C (the process was still new).
  • ezekoezeko Member Posts: 1
    Please let me know if you were able to negotiate a better price. I'm currently shopping for the same model.
    $31,850 is about invoice price.
    I purchased xle evp4 with extra pair earphones on july 30, 2009.
    MSRP: $35,087
    price: 31,050 (plus tax, doc)
    it might be difficult to duplicate this b/c of low inventory due to C4C; i suggest you wait a little while for inventory to increase. C4C is a disaster for the consumer.....and soon we will see increased in repossesion ...similar to the foreclosure situation. our govt just is so short sighted!

good luck with your purchase!
  • rama2010rama2010 Member Posts: 1
    I live in NC and I bought sienna 2010 XLE with EVP#4,fog light,alloy whell and toyoguard for $33350 OTD. I dont know weather is good price or not.
    It's hard to gauge OTD pricing since each state has different taxes.
    What is the MSRP and buying price?

Your price looks very competitive.
    That just stinks!

Wait for the C4C money to run out, then you will have leverage again. Right now it is a seller's market.
    What if we wait for the C4C money to run out and the congress decides to refresh it with another $2 billion, citing the tremendous "success" of the program. :mad: :cry: