Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ais2003ais2003 Member Posts: 11
    In MN, I'm looking for the 8 passenger LE FWD with the EVP2. All dealerships don't have lots of them. So, they are sticking to the MSRS price $28,410. I started to look into IA. Those dealerships seem to have higher inventory. I'm hopping to buy this van for $25,500.

I'm in no rush. I figured, I'll have to wait till the Cash for Clunkers effect goes away.
  • lulu21lulu21 Member Posts: 4
    wifey and i went to stevens creek toyota in san jose, ca to have a look see. it's been over 10 yrs since we last made a purchase. needless to say, we're clueless about the whole selling tactic.

the one we were eyeing is the XLE model with the following:
    QG XLE Extra Value Package #1
    CF Carpet Floor Mats
    PC Special Paint - Blizzy Pearl White
    LF Fog Lamp Package
    AW 17" Alloy Wheels
    FE 50 State Emissions
    the dealer's asking price is $31575 + fees.

also, they said we would have to wait till end of the month till this car comes in, because due to the "cash for clunker program" and the past labor day sales, they only have very little amount of cars left in inventory. the car lot itself is pretty empty, but i know they have a second lot in the back of the apartments, which had cars there. also, he said because economy picked up, so they sell out the cars real quick... yeah right!!

so, i kept my mouth shut about the price and asked him to give me their best price possible. he went on and said, because we don't have a lot of cars available so price will be tough, but he'll work something out for us. there's that rapport building thing, which i just learned now for edmund's site.

when he came back.. he said his manager can only give us a discount of $300. i chuckled and laughed and said ur kidding me right? he was pretty firm on the discount. next he asked me what's my budget, i told him 28K, which by edmund's TMV it isn't that far off from 29.9K.. ok, maybe off by 2K, but i always lowball.

then after that, i said thank you and left without hesitation. in a way, i almost became a victim, because i really like the minivan; but my rule of thumb still applies, i'm not going to put my family's lifestyle in a crunch just so i can have a minivan with the bells and whistles. if they want my business... they need to be a sales champion working for me against his boss.

but one thing i haven't grasp is this. when i asked him about the tax and license, he said 11% above the quoted price. i know the tax for san jose, california is 9.25%, but how does that translate to the 11%?

for example, generally how much does the dealership charge for DMV license and others? anyone know the breakdown?

thanks for listening.. now, i need to try and find the link to the original "confession of a car salesman". the link i found on this site didn't load up... :(
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,062
    Title/Registration costs in California generally run $300-$400.. For most cars that adds a little more than 1% to the price..

Before the latest increase, most dealers would estimate 10% for tax and license.... so, now, they quote 11%... It's just an estimate..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wayne2010wayne2010 Member Posts: 4
    https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

Here is the dmv site for CA that estimate tax and tile.

That price is a rip off
    Just used that form to check a $30,000 car purchased in Orange County..

$434 total registration.. 1.45%... on top of the sales tax.. I'd say 11% is a pretty good estimate for tax and registration..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dc0517dc0517 Member Posts: 12
    Has anyone dealt with Fitzmall to purchase a vehicle? They do seem to have the lowest price on a Limited AWD I can find right now at about $700 over invoice.

On the invoice, I am seeing dealer quoting invoice prices that are usually above what I come up with on kbb.com with the exact same options. Kbb.com is including the destination charge so it doesn't appear to be that, anyone know why the difference?

ex: fitzmall had a AWD LTD with FE, GV, QL, RM options, on kbb.com invoice comes up as $35,971, on fitzmall it lists it as $36,679, have seen similar variances on quotes from local dealers.

Thanks
  • lulu21lulu21 Member Posts: 4
    i did a quick test on the DMV form for another car we've been eyeing. It's a 2006 model used car.

but when the total registation fees shows up, it shows as $2892.00. Is that a number that the dealship needs to pay or me? cuz i see the total registration fee is $396, but what's the $2892 for?

Use/Sales Tax: 2,496.00
    Reflectorized License Plate Fee: 1.00
    Total Registration Fees: $396.00
    Total Use/Sales Tax: $2,496.00
    Grand Total Registration Fees: $2,892.00
    Sales tax plus registration = Grand Total

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• autodudeautodude Member Posts: 8
    Hi prh2know,
    We bought the 2010 Sienna Limited with every option from the same dealer too! Our purchase was made with the cash for clunkers' trade-in. Excellent minivan - very comfortable and roomy.
    Regards,
    Autodude
  • meriminimerimini Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a XLE from Fitzmall. Their price includes destination chargers. They charge $100 for processing fee + Tax and tile.
  • tl_stl_s Member Posts: 13
    hey, lulu,
    couldn't help it but would like to help you out if all possible. i was at steven's creek also back in late july or early august helping my sister buy a corolla with the c4c program and find they are very unprofessional and devious with their tatics and dealing. the down side of the c4c program is the government fueling the corporate greed, gouging and ripping consumers off as much as possible in the name of capitalism.
    p/m me if you still need an honest dealer in san jose and a fleet manager i've very good, honest and positive transactions with. good luck in your search.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    We've bought several cars from them, and I'd recommend them. As mentioned above, you only add a $99 fee. Their prices even include freight.

I did not have the discrepancy in invoice pricing that you mention, though. Shoot them an e-mail for an explanation.

If you're near them, also ask for an e-Quote from DARCARS 355 Toyota and from Carmax Toyota in Laurel.

You can compare 3 prices without leaving your PC.
  • nj2003nj2003 Member Posts: 7
    Is this price 25800 (LE EVP2) includes tax & title or 25800+TTL? Also can would you please tell me from which dealer did you buy this? sai_rao@yahoo.com

Thanks for the info.
  • 2010sienna2010sienna Member Posts: 3
    I paid $25,156 + TTL this weekend for the LE EVP w/ TO and mats. I bought ours in the sw suburbs of chicago.
    Thanks ateixeira,

I did ask about the discrepancy on the invoice price and was told that the difference is is the Toyota Dealer Advertising Fee (TDA) which is different for each region but is 2.1% for the central atlantic region. I don't think you see this fee on the MSRP, any thoughts on this?
  • nj2003nj2003 Member Posts: 7
    Can I know at which dealership you got this deal? Is it EVP-1 or EVP-2? sai_rao@yahoo.com. Thanks
    I wouldn't focus on that.

Instead, just get bottom-line prices from all of them.

From Fitz, add their $99 fee.

For others, make sure to ask about any fees, if freight is included, etc.

The compare the bottom line.

I found they were all close, all within $2-300 or so.

So they must all be paying that advertising fee. If not I'd probably see a much bigger variance in price.
  • cdsccdsc Member Posts: 3
    Liberty toyota, LE EVP2 with alloy wheels 25800+TTL (their offer). Thanks.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    What is MSRP?
  • marklinmarklin Member Posts: 12
    I've been following this thread ever since we decided to get a van, lots of helpful information here thanks to you all folks.

I was wondering when Sienna's next big incentive/rebate will be ($1k and up), according to the past, do they offer big incentives around holidays such as Thanksgiving or Xmas? am in no rush to get it, particularly that the inventory is still low at the moment.

Thanks.
    I don't know about cash back. However, they have the 2.9% - 48 mo or 3.9% - 60 mo incentive.

I'm close to buying one, but the dealer does not want to go down $700.00 I'm in no rush! Besides, it is a buyers market.

Good luck with your purchase.
    The dealer is still making $2,800.00 over the invoice price. If you can wait, they may be willing to drop down.

Good luck.
    It is part of the MSRP, but you can negotiate a lower price for what they are asking. This is ridiculous... they want you to pay a delivery fee, the TDA, Dealer Holdback, Whsl Financial Reserve fees, etc. I'm surprised they don't charge for walk-ins.

good luck!
    Leasing/financing promo is meaningless to me as I am looking to export the vehicle to Canada :)

With the CAD slowly climbing back up, expect to see more of us from north to head down shopping..
  • kat2800kat2800 Member Posts: 23
    I having a hard time deciding what to do. I am receiving some decent lease quotes on both the 2010 CE and LE. Do I really need the power doors? I have asked around and I keep getting different answers as to whether there is a need for them in a everyday case. If I do not get the power doors does that mean that I have to pull them open and closed or is there still a button on the inside to close it? I know this sounds dumb but I have never had a van but need the space (to keep my kids separated). LOL The other thing that I wouldn't get with the CE is the tinted windows. How do you feel about those?

The only other offer I have to think about is buying an 07 Odyssey with 20K on it. Has power doors, etc. Mid line model They are asking $18K so I am going to check this out too.
    I think the power sliding doors are the single most useful feature on my van.

It's great - as you approach, you open both doors to let the hot air get out on a hot day. The doors are open by the time the kids reach the van, so it saves time. I can just sit and not worry, I close the doors after I buckle up.

They're also extremely useful when the kids fall asleep and I have to carry them to bed.

Worst case scenario, you can turn them off and disable the function, but my guess is you'll love them.
    I think right now is a poor time to buy if you can wait. I have offers from about 7-8 dealers across the US, the best deals I am getting are about $1300-$1500 over invoice (invoice including TDA) on XLEs and Limiteds. Even the great deal I thought I saw at Fitzmall includes a regional rebate of $500 and was about $700-$800 over invoice ($1200-1300 before rebate). Local dealers through Costco are quoting $1500 over invoice (and I don't need to transport it 2000 miles). I would expect better deals as we get closer to the end of the year and especially in January when hopefully we will see some announcements at the N. American Int Auto Show about new vans from Toyota.
  • cdsccdsc Member Posts: 3
    MSRP is 27770.
  • hot2004hot2004 Member Posts: 26
    Unlike Honda (Honda incentives are national), Toyota incentives are regional.

Current incentive in NJ/NY/CT:
    - No Cash incentive
    - 1.9% finance incentives for 36/48/60 months

Current incentive in PA:
    - $500 cash incentive OR
    - 2.9% finance incentives for 36/48/60 months
    I totally agree with you about the poor timing to buy now, I've read from the older posts that people were able to get XLE with pkg 4 (my target) for about $31,000 back in July just before the C4C program kicked in. It just makes no sense that prices are higher after 2 months! I will wait till Thanksgiving see if there's any rebate, otherwise am willing to go beyond new year when the 2011 model rolls out.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    The LE has a choice of one or both power sliding doors. Pkg 1 for LE has a single power sliding door on the passenger side, the dirver side is manual. Pkg 2 has BOTH sliding door.
  • bitloobitloo Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy Toyota Sienna XLE LTD AWD in Sliver with following Packages:

FE GV HZ QL RM TO

The price quoted by the dealer is: $ 38,480 + Tax and Title. Is this a good price to pay? I am in Louisville KY. Willing to travel if I can save significantly.

Any advice is appreciated. I will 2 days to decide. Please post ASAP.
    It is not a good price for a buyers' market. If you really want the van and are in a rush, then at least you are not getting ripped off by paying $ 38,480 + Tax and Title. On the other hand, see if the dealership would consider $37,000.00 This price is still $3,000.00 above invoice.

I'm in the market, but I'm waiting after the Cash for Clunkers effects wears off. In other words, there are a lot of used cars and Toyota has lots of them. Based on my current experience, the dealesr I've dealt with want to sell you a used car before dropping the asking price on new cars. So, I chose to wait perhaps until Thanksgiving week.

Good luck!
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    What is MSRP? $38480 sounds waaay high to me.
  • katzdavikatzdavi Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

I'm looking for a 2010 Sienna LE with EVP 2. Best price I got so far was about $500 over invoice from DARCARS Silver Spring. Has anyone been able to get the car for below invoice, or are those days over?
    Since you're in MD also cross-shop Fitzmall.com and the Laurel Toyota Carmax.
    How come it is 3K over invoice? Please educate me so that I can kick rears. When I do build my van at Edmunds.Com with the following specs:

1) Toyota Sienna XLE Limited AWD
    2) QL XLE Limited Extra Value Package #2
    3) HZ HID Headlamps & Dynamic Laser Cruise Control
    4) TO Towing Prep Option
    5) RM Daytime Running Lights
    6) GV XLE Limited Base Combo Package
    7) FE 50 State Emissions

Color: Silver Shadow Pearl

I get the following prices:

MSRP: $ 41,220
    Invoice: $ 37,039
    TMV: $ 38,249

+ Taxes of around 2,222

How did you calculate $ 3K Over Invoice? My Math comes out to be around 1,550 over Invoice.

Please assist.
    I had a local quote in Salt Lake for same config at $39,374. Fitzmall had a different feature set on one (AWD, FE, GV, QL, RM) and quoted me edmunds invoice ($35971) plus $700 TDA (advertising fee) plus $708 plus their $99 fee, since this is in Maryland there is a $500 rebate they are including so if I add that in to compare to the local guys is it more like $1307 over invoice versus $1500 here, not worth going that far for me.

The rebate is regional right now for the NE and not available out west, not sure about KY.

Sounds like the quote you have is a good deal for right now. Where is it?
    This is in Louisiville KY.
    I would say that is a pretty good deal for right now. I don't see any cashback incentives in Louisville right now. When you take the Edmunds invoice of $37,039 and add the TDA (probably around $700) you are only paying about $700-$800 over the "true" dealer cost - search TDA on this site for more detail on how that works.

Looks like new incentives will be out around Oct 6th-10th based on the expiration of the current ones.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    the 1000 rebate is gone for NY/NJ dealers. I read a article in the Wall Street Journal last week that Toyota is ramping up their marketing budget in the 4th Q by 30-40% over the previous year. I wonder how this will impact the incentives for next month.
  • thegobeesthegobees Member Posts: 2
    EVP#4 QN
    50 State Emissions FE
    17" alloy wheels AW
    Fog Lamp Pkg LF
    Special Paint PC (Blizzard Pearl)
    Towing Prep Option TO
    Carpet Floor Mats CF
    Satellite Radio P7

Location - Southern California

OTD - $36,299.00

I'm really tempted, but then again, I don't want to get the van and then be bummed to have missed out on new rebates etc... that may come in October or November. Oh, by the wy, I need the van in mid November... any help is appreciated!
  • thegobeesthegobees Member Posts: 2
    I was wondering if anyone had a response from member 'bambo222' as to where the dealership was they bought their van from? If so would someone mind emailing me at 's116458@yahoo.com'

Thanks!
  • hme0182hme0182 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up our new 2010 Sienna LE. Paid $24,500 + TTL = $26,500 OTD. MSRP was $28,118, Invoice $25,422.
  • hot2004hot2004 Member Posts: 26
    Finally purchased my van last week.
    Sienna XLE 2010 with EJ QH WO TO LF FE options
    MSRP $33025
    Price: $29847
    Doc $249
    NJ Tax 7%
    Tire $7.50
    DMV $399

Hassle free experience. Got 1.9% APR finance for 5 years. Smooth,easy and fast transaction.
    I already drove 250 miles. I am enjoying it.
    Congrats for getting it almost $1k below invoice! May I know what options and which dealer please. :D
    Definitely a great price, especially with such short supply. Congrats.
  • nupltwannabnupltwannab Member Posts: 6
    Did you find out where he got that price?
  • alex46015alex46015 Member Posts: 12
    It should be Sienna XLE FWD #5346, right? I am on market for that model too, so far I did n't get good deal, here is one.
    Sienna XLE FWD with QH,WO,CF,LF,AW,

$29,500 plus tags, tax and admin $400

any comments? Thanks.
  • qtaroqtaro Member Posts: 1
    I got quotes from all around, and the lowest for 2010 Sienna LE option 2 (with FE QF RL option) is $25018, no carpet mat. out of door $27777

Not a bad price at this time, could be cheaper if there's rebates later. What do you think? :confuse: Might go in and get it this afternoon.

I am in northern Cal.