Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• marklinmarklin Member Posts: 12
    I sort of use his deal (~$31,050 for XLE EVP#4) as the benchmark for my negotiation... he got it back in July when the 2010 just came out, so in theory, we should be able to get equal if no better deal come Thanksgiving or Xmas.. ;)

Patience is all we need.
  • looneycrnalooneycrna Member Posts: 7
    Just got qouted for XLE with DVD package #3 Leather seats floor mats and spoiler in Blizzard Pearl for OTD price of 30,075 in Tampa, Florida. I know Cali is an F'd up state so I dont know if this helps.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Sounds like a pretty good buy. Love the Blizzard Pearl.
  • fixfacefixface Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me where in SoCal you made your Sienna XLE Package 4 purchase for the $31,050 price you mentioned? Or does anyone know where that great deal was made? Please email me at fixface@gmail.com Thanks much!
  • hot2004hot2004 Member Posts: 26
    Definitely a great price, best price in this current market.

But I do not agree on short supply. At least in NJ & NY area all Toyota dealers have plenty of stocks (5 to 10 each dealer) for LE model. So there are some room to negotiate on LE.

But XLE or even XLE Limited are really short supply, again at least in my region. And most of them are going before dealers are getting the delivery from the factory (on an average 1 to 2 per 30 days per dealer in Aug to Oct).
  • hot2004hot2004 Member Posts: 26
    Yes, that's the one. But model # itself is not sufficient to compare apple to apple with so many optinal packages. So while considering the price,
    compare packages with MSRP.

I think you have room to negitiate further. I personally got offer $500 below my actual purchase price from another dealer. But I found that dealer as not trust worthy. So end up paying more from a more reliable dealer and I am a satisfied customer.
  • dc0517dc0517 Member Posts: 12
    I am seeing the same thing, appears there is plenty of stock and better prices in the NE, I can get a pretty good deal from Darcars or Fitzmall right now but can't find any dealers out west that can get to within $1000 of their prices (I am out west). If I could get a dealer to match the pricing I am getting from the NE dealers I would have purchased a car yesterday.
  • seattlemomseattlemom Member Posts: 6
    I've heard that some Idaho dealers can offer good price .. I am willing to give a drive/fly if that can save me good amount of money..
    anyone has experiece with Idaho (or Oregon) dealerships? especially if you are from Seattle area and have gone overthere to get the car?

• scchuscchu Member Posts: 1
    Hi qtaro, may I ask which dealer you got your quote from? I'm also located in Northern California (Bay Area, specifically). After an unsuccessful search for a good deal with the Odyssey, I am now looking at Sienna as a good alternative.

My best quote so far is $25,662 with CF, QF, RL (will prob. get rid of CF) and EVP #2 (8-passenger seat model). Thank you.
    So I thought I found a dealer willing to negotiate down to $306 over invoice due to end of month (edmunds.com invoice not including the TDA) and it looks like the TDA fee is going to kill the deal, I am willing to pay $37,345+doc+TTL and they are at $38,179. The $306 over invoice is what I got on an offer from one of the NE dealerships, trying to get a local dealer to match.

It is amazing to me the variance in "invoice" numbers these dealers use. They basically try to tell you that edmunds and kbb.com numbers are wrong. I do understand about the TDA fee and respect that it is an actual fee they pay but they probably need to get that car off their lot in 48 hours more than I need the van that quick.

They are also insisting that a "Gasoline Fee" of $10.60 is a real cost that the dealer pays Toyota. I know it is not much but is anyone out there familiar with this fee? First time I have seen it and it seems ridiculous.

He is also trying to add the window etch fee (calls it a "factory etching" although pretty sure it is not done at factory), fee is $296, told him I wouldn't pay that either.

The doc fee is also $296 which I know is high but am willing to give in on that one if they meet me on the others
  • islandvanislandvan Member Posts: 23
    so my experience... just bought (last night) a 2010 sienna le 8 passenger w/ evp #2 for $25796. plus tax etc. msrp was 28268 less disc of 2471.31...silver w/ stone cloth

it also has the carpets pkg.

it has the power drivers seat which i thought was part of the #2 package but when i looked at fitzmall.com to compare pricing it did not list it???

after some back and forth w/ salesman the 2nd discount was 1899...went back and forth some more complianing about the other fees (shipping / prep etc) they had built into the invoice for the final discount.

also got the 3.9 financing for 60 months.

hey, i know they are making money or they would not have sold it to me and while i am sure there are better deals to be had, i felt good about this one.

i was trading a 99 chevy venture but they did not want it so after checking i should be able to sell it on craigs list for about 1200.

pick it up tmw...hope this helps you get a better deal.
  • ais2003ais2003 Member Posts: 11
    Excellent price!

In MN, a salesperson was not willing to go from $25,700 to $25,000 for me to buy the Minivan. I read a report this morning, and car sales for September SUCKED! So, I'm waiting to see what the October incentives look like.

Enjoy your new vehicle!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    In the end, all that really matters is the OTD price, and $38179 sounds good given it's loaded to the gills, basically.
  • hp2009hp2009 Member Posts: 65
    i am buying 2010 le package 2,cargomat,wheel lock,16inch alloy ,autodeemer ....in lawrence toyota nj....for 25550 today..plus tax,title...
    I went ahead and got it, dealer was up front with costs and anxious to get it out the door for month end, love the car, it was $41,200 OTD with tax, license and doc
    Congrats.

hp2009: I think I paid more for my similar van back in 2007. Congrats to you as well.
    way to go - great price - enjoy your new toy
    Got an email yesterday from local Toyota dealer. Said 1% over invoice on any new 2010 Sienna in inventory. Kings Toyota, Cincinnati OH.
  • mo1235mo1235 Member Posts: 1
    Please let me know the dearlership that offered the $25796 price.
    So no word of any incentives for this Month? wasn't their sales already a disaster in September?
  • emckayemckay Member Posts: 3
    Just made a deal for an XLE with option package #3 (leather & DVD) in blizzard pearl with floor mats, Toyoguard, spoiler, and wood trim added to steering wheel and shifter knob for $ 31,700 OTD. Any thoughts on this?? Is it a good deal??

Thanks
    Rob
    Congrats. That's a lot of van for the money.

Add a portable GPS and it's basically loaded up real nice.
    Love Blizzard Pearl. Sounds like a good price. What is price before tax and doc?

OTD varies in every location because of different tax charges.
    Im in Florida so sales tax is 6%. All I negotiated was OTD price so I really dont know. I guess I'll find out when I pick it up next week.
    What's going on with the prices? yesterday a loaded XLE with pkg #4 etc (MSRP $35005) was $32,069 at Fitzmall, today, it dropped to $31,499, that's $520 below invoice!!

Seems prices will get better as year 2009 ends, or perhaps dealers can't move them out of the lot because people are waiting for the redesigned 2011 model...
    C4C mania is fading, and inventories are being restacked.

Higher supply, lower demand.
  • timmychentimmychen Member Posts: 13
    So just got a new Sienna 7-seater over the weekend. They only had three LE's with EVP#2 in stock. He held silver for us, but we went with light blue instead.

Basically, $25716... something like that. Came out to $28600 out the door. I guess they're INVOICE and their DEALER INVOICE PRINTOUT that they give to you. Basically there were a couple things on there that ensured that would get paid... items marked "dealer holdback" and "factory incentive" and "toyota advertising charge" etc... But we've been buying from this dealership for over 10 years and they're always on the lower end of any price we've ever shopped around for... and we gotta guy that always takes care of us... we were in and out in about an hour.... and that included talking with the finance department, etc...
    Congrats. Mine is also blue and basically the same van, but ours is the 8 seater.
  • june77june77 Member Posts: 4
    I just got offer $ 31,000 for xle with # 4. Is it a good deal ? I live in farifax, va
  • alex46015alex46015 Member Posts: 12
    I am looking for XLE model, which option do you have for that price? Thanks
  • june77june77 Member Posts: 4
    I got the offer from leesburg. But when I asked for OTD price. It come to almost 33 K ???Also the offer already incluse $750.00 rebate.
    On Tuesday, I bought a 2010 Sienna LE with EVP2, TO, CF, and AL options for $25,700.00 in Burnsville, MN, at 2.9% for 60 Months.

Be very careful with the warranty packages! The loan officer tells you that whatever you chose will represent an increase of $10 to $40 to your monthly payment. You need to realize that even if you are talking about $800 package, it could turn into a $1,600 package for the life of the loan. In other words, pay for the warranty packages at front if you can. Don't include them in your loan.

In my case, I took package A, $800.00.

Good luck!

P.S. The Sienna rocks!
    Congrats. What color?
    $31,000 is a great price. Congratulations on getting a good price.

I just bought my XLE with Option 4, with tow package, fog light package, floor mat package and 17" wheels with car washes and oil changes for $32000.00 plus TTL I added gap for 315.00.

The Texas dealers have not been very competitive. For the longest time the lowest quote was 32788.00 with out 17" wheel, floor mats, car washes, and oil changes.

I considered going out of Texas to get my car and consider it my vacation. When the dealership realized that then they dropped their price.

Beside one of them was telling what they were expecting to come in. And it looks like next month there inventory will be good. But I believe that by then there will be few buyers.
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    Am trying to get a 2010 Sienna XLE AWD with options listed below (Chicagoland,Illinois)

XLE Extra Value Package #4 QN
    Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector CF
    Towing Prep Option TO
    Fog Lamp Package LF
    50 State Emissions FE

So far, the lowest price has been $35,056 though AMEX...Is this a good price.... any suggestions if I should pay $3000 more and go for Ltd edition.. I am not really interested in the HD lamps and laser in Ltd edition
  • ski10ski10 Member Posts: 1
    very good deal. invoice price for 2010 XLE with package #4 is $31,417. who is the dealer?
    Call Kings Toyota. When I wasn't able to get a good price here in Texas I called them and they have the best price I could fine.

I would have bought my Toyota from them but one of the Dealers decide to bet the price and would not let me go there and lose the sale.

The way I see it, it would have cost the same with travel, time, and gas. But I would for the same price I would have had a mini vacation. :)
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    What's the going price for a 2006 Sienna XLE with leather interior and low mileage (under 10k)? Unfortunately, the 3-year manufacturer's warranty just expired, but it has another 2-years of drive train warranty. The dealer is asking $25K.

Thanks!
  • gppbbgppbb Member Posts: 2
    Does your $25,700 price include the $800 destination charge?
  • kcrossleykcrossley Member Posts: 182
    It's a used vehicle, so there is no destination cost.
  • alex46015alex46015 Member Posts: 12
    I am on the Market for three months, this one I got so far is the best one. It is Toyota Seinna 2010 XLE model 5346, with the following options,
    1) XLE Extra Value Package #2
    2) Front and Rear Intuitive Parking Assist
    3) Carpet Floor Mats/Door Sill Protector
    4) Fog Lamp Package
    5) 17" Alloy Wheels
    The admin fee's will be $450. Any comments? Thanks.
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    that's a great deal. I've been looking for the last 3 months. We missed out on the 2009 model. Great incentives but no inventory at the time. After C4C, I decided to wait it out until 2010 incentives start coming back. Best offer I had (on almost the same XLE EVP#2) was 28,500. But that was with no incentives. If you wait it out until Nov 3/4, new incentives come out.
  • zoemnzoemn Member Posts: 6
    Congrats! Looks like a good price to me

I am from MN area to. Could you pls tell me which sales person did you talk to?

What is your OTD price? How much extra charges?

Is it a 8 passenger van or 7 passenger van?
  • bamboo222bamboo222 Member Posts: 20
    XLE with EVP4 for 31,000 is great!
    I got my XLE with EVP4 with extra wireless headset for 31,050 on July 30, 2009
  • davemcdonald4davemcdonald4 Member Posts: 6
    I'm in Charlotte and one of the Toyota dealers is proposing a 2010 XLE package 4 for $509/ month after $1,500 down and a trade in of $9,000 on a Mazda MPV that is listed at $5,500 on kbb. It is 75 months at 5.99%. Is this a good deal for this car?
    How much is the dealer's asking price for the van?
    are they still doing the 2.9 or 3.9% deals? do you need to go out 75 months?

try running the numbers and see what the interest will be over that long a period.

good luck
  • davemcdonald4davemcdonald4 Member Posts: 6
    $33,026.38 OTD. It was the best deal I could find in my area. The other Toyota dealers didn't even come close. Unfortunately going out 75 is our only option to get into a car like this. Our Mazda is way too small for our growing family and all of our traveling. Unfortunately the value of my Mazda has plummeted. I need to get out of it while I can still get something out of it. That being said, it has been a great little van.
  • hyundaibuyerhyundaibuyer Member Posts: 3
    This seems incredibly low. Did you actually get the car at this price? Or is this just a quote that you got/