Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• mejitamejita Member Posts: 6
    cbrown32: My experience at Park Place Dallas has been good so far - my sales rep. was great and has followed up with me several times. I did pay sticker, although he gave me the CD changer for $600 instead of $611! What a bargain!

Seriously though, I love the fact that they have MB loaners - especially when I read about all the crummy loaners other dealerships provide. My sales rep. recommended a service rep. to work with, and told me that if I had any issues (personality or otherwise) to let him know and he would recommend someone else for me. I've only had my car in once - for my alignment problem. I called my service rep. as soon as I realized the alignment wasn't any better and he immediately apologized and scheduled another appointment.

Overall, I've been very pleased. Hope you have a good experience as well!
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    With only 4500 miles on your car I assume you have not rotated tires yet...I suggest you rotate front to back, same side. Right front to right back and left front to left back. If car then tracks straight... bad tire. One of tires now on rear would be the culprit. Hope this helps.
  • mleskovarmleskovar Member Posts: 171
    When I had my steering wheel straightened (it was at 12:02) they had to realign the car. When I picked it up they handed me the alignment spec sheet from a computer printout....you should get one if there is any doubt they performed the service. Even though I didn't notice any alignment type issue before, it tracks noticeably better and great now.
  • sddlwsddlw Member Posts: 361
    Yes, I do have a few years on you. I think you misunderstand me. My facination with MBs is definately a love/hate relationship and the last time around I bought the Lexus rather than the MB, although my wife still drives an MB. I thought the Lexus ES300 was a better value than the C-class and I'm betting that it is more reliable. (And yes I see your ES300 posts all the time.) But I do miss the unmistakable feel of the MB. All of the ones I've owned or driven have felt "solid" and stable, even at excessive speed. My Lexus comes close, but does not duplicate this feel. To me this is a real and tangible difference between cars and I will consider MB again the next time I'm ready for another car. I guess that's why I like to lurk on the C and E sites. I like to hear how people like or dislike the current generation of cars, what kind of problems they are having, etc. Also, I've owned both classes of MB previously and I still think fondly of them. Especially since I'm not paying for their repairs anymore :-) But I've got to ask, if you have no love of MB or compulsion ever to drive one, or any first hand knowlege to share, why would you want to join in this discusion?
  • 404c404c Member Posts: 146
    This discussion about the image of M-B and what buying a C-Class says about you -- especially if you have a $1M house ;-) -- reminds me of something that my Dad once mentioned to me.

In Germany in the 1950s and early 1960s, he noted that every Mercedes-Benz with a trailer hitch became the object of public ridicule. Why? Because it was the Milkman's car...

Let's keep some perspective here...there are still German Milkmen driving C-Classes, plus they are (along with the E) a favourite taxi in Germany and Paris. I actually like this sort of thing, as the fact that professional drivers choose a well-engineered car should be comforting to most people. However, it certainly will deflate the egos of those who are more attracted to M-B by their alleged social cachet. But look on the bright side - I've never seen an S or CL-Class taxi ;-)

By the way, what happened to Drew_host? I miss his informative postings.

Mike
  • 3pointstar3pointstar Member Posts: 45
    404C is correct. The last time I was in Germany, I had a nice ride in a 300E...taxi. Think of BMW and Mercedes as like the GMs of Germany. They have a wide range of vehicles for different income levels. A wealthy German person buys an S-Class, much like a wealthy American person would buy a GM-Escalade. A less affluent German person would buy an A-Class or C-Class much like a less affluent American would buy a GM-Calvalier or GM-Century. They have a different perception of the three pointed star across the Atlantic.

The difference is MBUSA has done a very good job of building this IMAGE of exclusivity with the American public.
  • michhalamichhala Member Posts: 375
    >A wealthy German person buys an S-Class, much >like a wealthy American person would buy a GM->Escalade. A less affluent German person would >buy an A-Class or C-Class much like a less >affluent American would buy a GM-Calvalier or GM->Century.

So.....where does that leave the wealthy German woman who is 5'2" tall and cannot see out of the S-class because the seat is too low? LOL -- you just cannot generalize on a mostly male forum that has one small blonde checking it out :)

Miki
    PS -- What's a Cavalier or a Century?
  • gdtobmegdtobme Member Posts: 17
    The experience I had with Rusnak in Pasadena was that their attitude was like if you have the cash in your briefcase, we'll tell you how much it costs. Otherwise, go look somewhere else. Also, it seems that if you're not Asian or an old white grandpa, Rusnak won't waste their time with you. I did go to Keyes European in Van Nuys and we negotiated and agreed on a lease term that was fine with me. By the way, this was back in 1999 when I traded in my 1994 C280 for a 2000 E320. Even the service at Keyes seems much more relaxed. Unfortunately, I live 11 miles from Pasadena and Keyes is like 30 miles away. It's worth the drive, though. Go visit Keyes in Van Nuys.
  • fuzzofuzzo Member Posts: 88
    I have had the same problem since delivery and i got my wheels aligned and balanced too. I noticed today that at speeds of 70 or more... the alignment is fine.. i know it's not of any help but just wanted tolet you know that you are not alone :)

my dealer is not going to do anything about this issue because i dinged my rim slightly on the curb.. so they say that it's because of that. .. they don't believe me when I say that I have had it since I have had the car.
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    You've had a couple of responses, but let me add my vote to get the tires rotated ASAP front to back, and see if your problem changes or goes away. If alignment does not solve a tracking problem, 95% of the time the problem is due to a bad tire.
  • mathtypemathtype Member Posts: 33
    gdtobme: Thanks for the info on Rusnak nad Keyes. I actually had a pleasant enough experience with the sales staff at Rusnak (and I'm neither Asian nor a grandpa), especially compared to the MB dealer in Glendale. In any case, I'll check out Keyes. It's really the service side of the dealership that concerns me. I serviced an Audi at Rusnak in the '80s, and that was not my idea of fun. Now, one of our cars is a Lexus, and I think I've gotten spoiled by that dealer.
  • spndxspndx Member Posts: 36
    Have you ever been to Japan and seen a Lexus, Infiniti, or Acura on the road? No? That's because they don't exist over there. The Japanese drive the same (right-drive) models, but they are badged with their real names: Toyota, Nissan, and Honda. I for one refuse to even think of these cars in terms of their 'luxury' brand image because they are just that, images created through big $$ marketing. (And how many Lexus/Acuras/Infinitis do you see in Germany?...not many).

Fine cars all, but I agree with 3pointstar that they are just not at the same level as a C-Class and above - a MB will cost more, but once you've driven one, you'll never go back. If you were really looking for the best value in a luxury car, you would go with an Avalon or something similar. I can't, however, imagine driving a Toyota down the Autobahn at 130MPH....
    Those are:

GM - Chevy Cavalier
    GM - Buick Century

For a 5'2 American woman, I'd say a GM-Cadillac Catera. As for the German woman, she should try a BMW 330i. ;-)
    >Those are:
    >GM - Chevy Cavalier
    >GM - Buick Century

LOL -- I should have put a smiley after my question to denote Chevy and Buick were not part of my vocabulary.

>For a 5'2 American woman, I'd say a GM-Cadillac >Catera. As for the German woman, she should try >a BMW 330i. ;-)

You are very patient with me -- however, I do not like Cadillacs and there was much I did not like about the BMW 330i. My former car was a BMW 5 series and I thought I would stay with BMW and go for the 330i. It did not compare favorably to the 320 for me. The trunk was much smaller, the alarm was not factory installed, the back headrests interfered with rear-view vision, a 6 CD player had to be in the trunk, no program similar to TeleAid, no road assistance after four years. To me, there was no comparision to the 320 in how it felt to drive. IMHO, the 330i was not as exciting to look at as the 320 -- it did not make my heart beat faster, and I did not feel we were made for each other :)

Thank you for your input -- it is appreciated.

Miki
    How about a Citroën 2CV6 Charleston, circa 1990 - they are definitely cool, suitable for both short and tall people (well, very tall people will have trouble with the windshield size). To drive such a car in North America puts one "hors catégorie" - makes the 2CV driver unclassifiable. Plus these 2CVs get marvellous fuel economy, something that North Americans would do well to consider.

Mini Austins are also in this group, especially the Cooper S. No, I'm not referring to the BMW abomination, which looks like Frankenstein's monster in comparison to the original!

The Renault 5 Alpine is another such car.

To bring a Mercedes theme back to this post, another suitable vehicle for the young, fashion-conscious but smaller-framed urbane gadabout is the Smart, which we may see sooner than later on this continent. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class could also be in such a grouping, and we are assurred that the next generation of the A will definitely be sold here.

Mike
    >To bring a Mercedes theme back to this post, >another suitable vehicle for the young, fashion->conscious but smaller-framed urbane gadabout is >the Smart, which we may see sooner than later on >this continent. The Mercedes-Benz A-Class could >also be in such a grouping, and we are assured >that the next generation of the A will >
    >definitely be sold here.

Mike -- I do not know anything about the above MB cars, but will they complement my million-dollar house?

Miki
    No, a million dollar house alone should be sufficient evidence of conspicuous consumption - further embellishment with driveway furniture will be unnecessary.

;-)

Mike
  • denise348denise348 Member Posts: 2
    HiEveryone!!!!!!!!Saw an A class over the weekend here in London, Ont. Yes - they had an open house for the 02s & like!!!!!! how could I not resist having a look . And yes, my little baby at 3 months old, 8000 miles - is still bug free........ummmmmmmm except the ones that hit the windshield or the grill....grrrrrrrrr, no key probs - nada . Great MB staff who phone every 3 weeks to see how things are . It's been a wonderful & fun experience . Now where was I ??? Oh yes - A class - they really are cute .....small but roomy & in comparison to the other classes - scaled down as in price & the so called extras. They will not be available here until 03 .It wouldn't look out of place in a million dollar plus neighbourhood. Maybe it's the maid's car........... why do I hate myself already?
    Ciao,
    Denise
  • rs64rs64 Member Posts: 64
    Pressing in the pass side mirror button did the trick. I really appreciate your help!

Randy
    I believe the A class is already in the US.. I saw a few in El paso Texas when i was there a few months back.. I made sure to double check and it defintely was an MB...

maybe they could have just come over the border for a day trip...

:)
    People over here talking about million dollar neigborhoods and things like that make me believe that I'm doing something wroooooooong :)

i need some good financial advise or a better job so I can move on up (like the jeffersons)

anyones company hiring?
    fuzzo,

To put some perspective on it, where Miki lives (I think she said Westwood once) with her $1MM home, she is considered middle class.
    >To put some perspective on it, where Miki livesI >think she said Westwood once) with her $1MM >home, she is considered middle class

Not by those who love me!!!!

LOL -- and it feels good to lighten up a bit methinks. I live in Brentwood, which is next door to Westwood -- and then there was O.J. -- definitely low-class.

Miki
  • sandiegotomsandiegotom Member Posts: 50
    Twelve months now with my C320 - 9,400 miles...22.3 MPG...No problems. If I had it to do over again, I'd get the C, but probably the wagon instead. Having said that, I've got my eye on a 2005 E-wagon.

Tom
  • edarteedarte Member Posts: 41
    "Fine cars all, but I agree with 3pointstar that they are just not at the same level as a C-Class and above - a MB will cost more, but once you've driven one, you'll never go back."

I think you need look no further than this MB board to see this is not a true statement. I have read numerous posts where MB drivers have switched to other marques (including Lexus) and have commented on the benefits of such a change.

I considered going the other way (from a ES300 to a C) and because I assumed the MB line a step up. However, while I was initially impressed by the C, the dealer experience, quality issues, (and not previously mentioned cheapness of MB (i.e., floor mats not included,some plastic bits look very cheap, etc.)changed my mind. This makes me wonder if maybe it is MB who now put all their money into marketing the "sizzle" and perhaps Lexus is more interested in the "steak".

Note to Michhala: I am surprised on the preference for the BMW 5 series over the 3. You mention trunk capacity but on paper the specs show only a 0.4 cu ft difference. I suppose this might be critical in some situations but visually I could not detect a difference. This subtle dimension difference was true on the interior specs as well. I still fail to see why I would want to pay the extra money for a car that (I think) is not as good overall as the 3 series.
  • hoppyenghoppyeng Member Posts: 25
    If your Smart keys have a serial # starting of with "138", you can ask your dealer to switch them for newer keys. My "138" keys can not open the doors periodically. The key # is on the left side of the Panic buttom.
    I am always amazed when people mention that Lexus is just an enhanced Toyota. This is a true statement regarding the ES300 vs. the Camry. However there are also subtle but critical differences between these two cars.

I have had an ES300 for three years and sometimes if my dealer ran out of Lexus loaners they apologized and provided Avalons. While the Avalon was a nice ride the level of sound proofing, quality of leather, etc. were perceptible different. It was apparent they were based on the same platform but the quality feel was different. (Not unlike what I experienced while testing the new C. I very much liked the interior but could not help but have some doubt about moving away from the quality-feel of the ES300.)

Now when you start talking about the Lexus LS430 series the Toyota comparison is even more flawed as the LS is a totally different (e.g. RWD vs. FWD) automobile for which there is no equivalent (that I am aware of) in the Toyota line. What is the equivalent Toyota for the SC430?

If one is being critical just because one line of cars is related, through corporate ownership, to another then I think you are on very shaky ground indeed. Lexus may be related to Toyota, a manufacturer of cars that continually receive praise in the automotive media. MB is now related to Chrysler that does produce some innovative designs (e.g., PT Cruiser) but is not one that I regard as a particularly noble stable mate.

Overall I think this is a very shallow issue - one not unlike buying a car because of its name (or marketing image) rather than the actual quality and value of the vehicle.

I would be very interested in hearing from one of the serious MB defenders after they have given Lexus a fair test. If you drive a C go testdrive the new 2002 ES300. If you now drive an e or an S testdrive the LS430 or SC430 and provide your feedback.
    >Note to Michhala: I am surprised on the >preference for the BMW 5 series over the 3. You >mention trunk capacity but on paper the specs >
    >show only a 0.4 cu ft difference

Methinks there is a misunderstanding. I was stating some of the reasons why I bought the C320 rather than the BMW 330i -- one reason was the C320 had a larger trunk, visible to the naked eye. When I told the BMW salesperson this, he did not believe me until he took a look at both the C320 and BMW 330i trunks side by side. If the difference is only 0.4 cu ft, then the trunk design specs do not utilize the space properly.

Miki
  • ghaysghays Member Posts: 8
    For those of you that have received replacement keys, what are the first three digits of the "serial number" (actually, I think it is the part number) on the left of the Panic button?
  • mschoonmschoon Member Posts: 5
    Had to have the keys on our C320 replaced about a month or so ago. Never a problem with not starting the car but we had intermitant unlocking problems.

Both replacement keys have the same number on them, starting with 221. I thought it strange that the original keys had different numbers but the replacement units have the same numbers on them. I actually wrote down the numbers on my original keys to make sure that I really did get new units.

Hope this info helps.
    "Methinks there is a misunderstanding." You are absolutely right. I had incorrectly thought you were comparing the 3 to 5 series BMW, not (as a more careful read on my part shows) the MB C320 with the BMW 330. In actual fact the specs for the two cars on Edmunds show the trunk volumes of 10.7 & 12.2 cu ft. for the BMW 330 & the MB C320, respectfully.

My apologies.
  • dbbarrondbbarron Member Posts: 9
    Looking for a C320. Looking to order. I have great flexibility in timing. Any suggestions as to when to order for the best deal?
  • mleskovarmleskovar Member Posts: 171
    My replacement key number to the left of the panic button starts with 221, received it about a month ago. Best time to buy is 1. When new models are starting to ship and 2. At the end of the month when performance to sales goals are counted.
  • castinstonecastinstone Member Posts: 12
    Many posts back, there was mention of the new motors that MB will deliver in the next couple of years. Does anybody have links to more detailed descriptions of the new technology? How does it stack up against Valvetronic for example?

Thanks
  • nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    Here's a general link, not MB related:

http://www.edmunds.com/news/innovations/articles/43848/article.html

Sorry to hear about Drew. By the way, how does edmunds.com make money? I don't see that many ads on their pages?

Definitely true about buying towards the end of the month if you buy from dealer stock. But if you order a car, I wonder if the same is true?

I keep my climate control on automatic and set at 72 degrees for driver and passenger sides. My first 320 (Black) always kept the temperature comfortably cool or warm as needed. Because it did what it was supposed to do, it was a just set and forget situation. The round vent at the extreme left of the dash often had warm air flowing from it.

My current 320 (Obsidian) is great at cooling, but last night was our first cool night since delivery and I was uncomfortably cold. There was no warm air (or any air) coming from the round vent. I turned the center thumbwheel down and I turned it up. I played with the air volume control outlet on dashboard top. Am I missing something? -- I can run down to the dealer tomorrow, but maybe it will not be necessary.

Miki
    I think that MB will have the image of one of the great marquis car companies for a long time to come, just as Lexus/Toyota will always be working to shed it's image of those little econo-boxes of the 60s and 70s. But times have changed.

If you look at line-up and pricing, in 1990, the 190E 2.3, starting at about $30K and the E-class was about $50k. Not all that different today. In fact, this year, with the new Es coming out soon, a basic E320 can be had for about $45K. MB has made significant price reductions when you factor in inflation, bringing them in reach of many people who could not consider one before. At the same time, Toyota/Lexus has made enormous strides in creating their version of the near lux and lux cars. And in many ways, they are offering value that MB and some of the other marquis makers may not be.

As I said before, we have owned 3 MBs. The 190E that evolved into the C-class, an E-class and an SL. My brother-in-law sells MBs and I sometimes drive other MBs to get the feel of them, or drive one of his. But I now own and drive a Lexus ES300 as a daily driver. Why? My E-class was costing me $2500-$3000 per year to maintain. I got pissed-off. And I got a model close-out price on the ES that the C-class couldn't come close to option for option. This was at the end of 2000 when the C-class was being changed too. But for less than $31k the ES came with all the options including 6-disc CD, HID headlights, sunroof, leather, auto dim mirrors, auto headlights, power seats with memory,etc., and the ride is similar to, but not exacly like my old E, and I'm counting on the cost of maintanence to be significantly lower.

Are there things the C-class offers that the ES doesn't .... of course. The incredible tightness and ride of the MB line-up is unmistakable. Will I consider an MB again.... absolutely. But I am not a hard and fast MB loyalist who will not consider other cars either. There are 2 things MB has to do to really have a chance to recapture my business. The first is to offer similar options at at least a ballpark price equivalent. I don't mind paying a little more for a similarly equiped MB, but I do mind paying many, many thousands more. And the reliability and cost of maintanence needs to improve. If MB expects to maintain the perception they are better made than the Japanese pretenders, they need to start making them better and more reliable.
  • ghaysghays Member Posts: 8
    "Are there things the C-class offers that the ES doesn't .... of course" - you did not list the one most likely to change or end your life: safety. There is no comparison. Is this factor not worth $2500/year (are you paying people to check your tire pressure?).

Sorry, I am not dumping on you, it is your money. The "tightness and ride" you perceive is only a daily affirmation of the safety and structural integrity that Toyota dreams of.

Am I an MB loyalist? You bet. And I plan to be for my whole, long life.
    There is no arguing that MB has led the industry in safety innovations. The whole concept of crumple zones was a MB innovation. But I really don't think you can defend the implication that MBs are safe and Lexus (or many other MFGRs) are not. With all due homeage to MBs innovations, the competition has greatly advanced in this area as well, and the industry as a whole is a lot more conscientious than they were only a short while ago. My ES has both front and side airbags, crumple zones, etc, as do many, many other competitors and did quite well in the crash tests if I remember correctly.

Please don't take me for a MB basher who has never experienced the joys of driving an MB. They are wonderful cars, and I do, on occasion, miss our "Es". I don't think I'll ever get my wife out of her SL. And I did consider a C-class on this last go-round. But I just could not get past what a 6-cyl, fully loaded C was going to be out the door, plus anticipated cost of ownership once the warranty was up. And really, that is the issue... Why is it that Toyota can sell a Corolla for $12K and the thing will run for 150Kmi with only minimal cost of maintanence, and they can translate that into their lux and near lux cars that sell for significantly less than the European counterparts, but MB, BMW, and Jag cannot seem to figure out how to build a car that doesn't need constant attention after it's first couple of years on the road?
  • jamrock4jamrock4 Member Posts: 53
    Someone mentioned that it cost $2500 - $3000/yr for maintenance. For others of you who have owned the 'C' class for a while are you averaging approximately $2500 - $3000/yr for maintenance.

I have spoken to friends who own both the C and E class and say they have not spent much for maintenance. I spoke to my dentist who owns a 1986 E class and over the years she just had one major expense. She said some seals (not entirely sure what that is) in her engine had hardened and spent about $2000 to repair it.

Are my friends just plain lucky or are there others of you who have not had to pay big bucks for maintenance?
  • tomjavatomjava Member Posts: 136
    MB used to make great cars with great quality. In fact, I still own and drive 1989 300E with almost 120k and still running well.

Today MB is horrible. Look at S-class uses cheapo materials. Constant fuel pump problem on E and M-class fuel pump, stupid key issues on c-class. MB is no longer dominate JD powers initial quality. Even BMW is getting better QA, before in 1980s BMW quality was poor.

The fact: MB is going downhill with QA while others such AUDI, BMW, LEXUS offer better QA period.
  • weberamgweberamg Member Posts: 43
    I thought I'd offer my $0.02 worth.
    A few years back, the TV show 60 Minutes did a segment on automobile safety. They focused in on the high fatality rate of people whose cars were rear-ended by cars traveling at a substantial speed-not bumper kissing. What happens is that the front seat backs break their locking mechanism. The seat then reclines and the people are thrust back into the rear or out the hatch back window. 60 Minutes stated they tested most of the high end cars and only one passed, by not having the seats break: MB.
    I'm not saying this is scientifific proof, but it got my attention. Also, as a mechanical engineer, there's nothing that comes close to the engineering of a MB. But, that's my opinion.

John W.
  • sapparosapparo Member Posts: 68
    Today Lexus is the new gold standard of the industry. Japanese precision, quality & reliability is the best in the business. Do I like Lexus? You bet. Would I buy an M.B. or other German make? Never!! Over-priced, poor reliablity one just pays for the designer badge.
  • kenyeekenyee Member Posts: 738
    I'd agree that the other makers have gotten better at passing crash tests.

However, MB still tests a lot more crash types than other makers except perhaps for Volvo.
    Watch the ML Stayin' Alive commercial. MB did rollover testing on an SUV and uses the video footage for a commercial. Lexus did a similiar commercial, but didn't show the rollover. You know what you can infer from that...

Take a peek under your hood and look at the strength of the frame/bumper members. Go compare an MB E w/ a Lexus LS400 or even a lowly built-in-Alabama ML. Now ask yourself if you'd rather trade off a bit more safety for a bit of reliability? Ditto for cost. It's not a simple yes/no answer nor is shopping for the "right" car for you. Be glad we have a lot of choices to fit *each* person's needs and desires...
    Although I have no doubt that Mercedes-Benz are about the safest cars available (forgetting for the moment the Renault Laguna;-)), that is not an excuse for them to downplay the importance of reliability. In comparison to reliability, safety is of direct benefit to the relatively few owners that end up in serious accidents. An unreliable car is a burden for EVERY owner day in and day out. Mercedes-Benz should therefore strive to improve their reliability ratings to equal Lexus, which has caught up to them in most other respects.

About the Lexus SUV commercial, about all we can safely infer from the fact that it does not show a rollover test is that they did not do one for the ad. Anything else would be a risky, possibly libellous, speculation.

Mike
  • kenyeekenyee Member Posts: 738
    Can't say they didn't do a rollover test, but the fact that they left it out lets you make your own inferences and that's something marketing departments don't like letting you do ;-)
  • tomjavatomjava Member Posts: 136
    I don't see any advantages owning C-class compare to BMW 3 series. I can't understand why MB charges so much of this mini S-class. MB has saved tons of money by carbon copying S-class. Plus C-class produces at So. Africa which has much lower labor cost than Germany.

The only explaination is major shareholders pressure MB to make as much profit as possible in order to cover its huge loses of buying Dodge.
  • benz747benz747 Member Posts: 91
    Guys, here is the information

my 2002 C 240 is having problems with Trunk, and was first taken on 10th Oct 2001, they figured out it may due to faulty plate, they placed order for new PART and I took back my CAR, they called me today to fix it with new part.

Today morning I dropped the CAR in anticipation of getting fixed, as they expect a day job, they drop me at my work place rather giving loaner, unfortunately the new Plate didn't work and they has to place an order for set of LOCKS, (all doors and Trunk) they ask me to take CAR back and they told me they will inform me when the parts are in. I requested to see SERVICE manager who was out at that time, so I went and see my sales person, who acted very fast and gave me a loaner in a perfect condition and treated me well.
    hopefully they will fix the problem in earliest
    my new Loaner is 2000 C 230 SE (has anybody heard about this Model before?)
    thanks
  • nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    What are you spending $2500 a year on? I don't own an MB, but I have two German cars (BMW, VW). All my friends warned me about high repair costs, etc. I don't see it frankly. It helps that I am a DIYer, changing oil and brakes and basic filters can save you a bunch with any car.

As far as Lexus goes, yes they make a nice car. But its front wheel drive, and frankly I'm giving up on front wheel drive now. My last two daily drivers have been front drive (Honda, VW), nice cars, but I just don't like the way front drive cars handle. I want rwd, and the reason BMW and MB cling to rwd if that they know the cars handle better. Even though fwd drive are cheaper to manufacture, they stick with rwd for a reason.
This discussion has been closed.