Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• chucklachuckla Member Posts: 1
    Have been reading adverse comments on MB quality and read the recent WS Journal article on MB quality reputation. Took delivery of a 2001 C240 in late June 2001 and have well over 14,000 miles on it already. One of the little bumper buttons on the passenger side vanity mirror fell off when the car was new; other than that little item, the car has been totally trouble free and a delight to drive. Tried most competitive models before purchasing & made selection primarily on basis of handling, ride and quietness. Slightly preferred the 3-series BMW for handling, but found the C240 to be nearly as good and superior in ride and quietness. The car has been too troublefree to permit an evaluation of support from the selling dealer.
  • gutentagusgutentagus Member Posts: 2
    Exactly one year old C240 MT with 8 k miles. No problems whatsoever. Lots of paint chipping though. The car drives great.
    This my first posting. Happy to join in.
  • jwacurajwacura Member Posts: 16
    djasonw: I have to agree about the boring dash. The one aspect about the new C dash that I had a hard time overcoming was the tiny tachometer they have in the upper left corner. Since I was wanting the 6 speed, that would be an issue for me.
    The exterior styling is another big yawn for me. Nothing distinctive: in fact down right generic.
    The Acura is no MB, but that is both a good and bad thing.

John W.
  • bouncingbobbouncingbob Member Posts: 19
    Please let me know if anyone has experienced this problem. I brought my 2001 C320 in for service again (6th warranty repair, 10,000 miles on odometer). The keys were intermittently failing (not able to lock or unlock doors). The dealer reprogrammed one key and replaced the second key. The car was in the shop for 3 days this week.

After I left the dealer, the transmission did not appear to shift out of high gear when coming to a stop (intermittent problem). This was a new problem. The dash display lit up red, and a fatal error resulted (visit workshop - alternator). The car almost stalled twice.

I called Mercedes to schedule another appointment for this weekend. The service tech thinks it is a key problem again, manifesting itself as a transmission problem. They claim this is a common problem with the C-Class. Exactly how many problems do these keys cause!

The owner's manual states the alternator error is most likely caused by a V-belt failure, but I checked and the belt is fine. I can hardly wait to get rid of this heap. I've never experienced this much trouble with a new vehicle, let alone one that cost 47K with sales tax. What a mistake.

Any suggestions or words of encouragement?
  • 404c404c Member Posts: 146
    Good luck with the warranty problems.

These "smartkeys" are looking pretty pathetic. I fail to see what advantage they offer, when at the same time they are destroying M-B's reliability records, thereby driving off return customers in droves.

My advice would be to do a lemon law claim on this car and buy something Japanese. I don't like Japanese cars, but they ARE the most reliable cars made. I think BMW 3ers are more reliable than C-Class cars, if you can't accept a Toyota.
  • scaredmbscaredmb Member Posts: 11
    I've owned my C class now for 13 months and 15k miles and it's had now ten trips into the shop spending about 4-5 days per visit - some visits as long as 10 days.

jwacura made some very good points about the TL - it does seem to be loaded all for a MUCH better price than the C Class. Now I realize it's based somewhat on the Honda Accord, but it has to be a better car than my C class. Although, at this point I'd probably be in the market for a RL instead of the TL.

djasonw: have you looked at the leather in the C class? well it's not.... leather that is. unless you get the $$$$ full leather package there's only a slight patch of leather on each seat. The acura's covered in leather. now the wood's a different story.
  • michhalamichhala Member Posts: 375
    I would still buy a C320. I purchased a C320 2001 on December 2000 and was unhappy with a small spot on the exterior paint. It's a very long story, but with persistence, tenacity and the help of the area MB Operations Manager who wanted me to be happy, a new C320 2001 was ordered from Germany for me in early March 2001....I took delivery June 1, 2001. I loved the first C320 from the moment I drove it --I just wanted it to be perfect -- so far the replacement is just that!
  • steveaa123steveaa123 Member Posts: 3
    After reading many of the posts and purchasing a C320 in December, I thought I'd throw in my two cents. I paid only a few hundred dollars over invoice for a black/charcoal 2002 C320 with C2 and CD changer. The car was on the lot - no ordering necessary. (There seem to be tons of C's on SoCal dealership lots.)

This car is such a pleasure to drive that I actually look forward to my 45 mile commute each way/each day in this car.

So far no problems after 3500 miles with the exception of the need to re-sync a rear window for tunnel mode right after delivery (did it myself). Knock on wood I have not had key problems, brake squeeling, or seat memory problems (exit mode enabled). I have a hunch that they fixed the valve-clicking problem - since I have not noticed any such sound. Seems like by the time my car was built in 9/01 they must have started to work out some of the early bugs.

My dealership experience has been excellent. It is close to my house and they will provide a free car wash as long as I own the car (daily if I wanted). Loaners are all E's M's and C's. On my initial survey, I warned them that they had set the bar so high that they will need to work hard to live up to the expectations created by the experience so far.

One odd thing I noted. There is no vent in the armrest storage compartment to provide climate controlled storage. Rather, there is a fan for the rear air-vents that does not show in the encyclopia (manual!). Does anyone know the story behind this change?

Two more questions

Does anyone know where service bulletins are posted?

Has anyone been able to negotiate a reasonable deal on the built in phone? I have to think at some point the price will come down -- with the cell phone companies offering free phones these days.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    a deal on an MB in SoCal? A deal on any luxury marquee in SoCal? What is this world coming to? I didn;t think the economy was THAT bad! HA HA!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• blakec320blakec320 Member Posts: 10
    I think most people who have earned new money for themselves have decent business sense, and just because you're buying a luxury item doesn't mean you should pay more than market value for it. I bought two Mercedes from Beverly Hills Ltd. and received them at invoice plus a comission of a few hundred dollars. I don't think I'm being cheap, I can either pay less or more for the same thing, what would you choose? I've directed many friends to this dealer because I was treated/am treated so well. I have nothing but good things to say about MB products and would be so bold as to say to those who speak of choosing a competing make (having owned them myself), you will come to a point when you will wish you had choosen the Benz.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    A major newspaper is looking to interview folks who learned how to drive stick in their adulthood, and either fell in love or hated it. Also welcome is any input on why people love to drive stick, and any unusual anecdotes about how you learned etc.

Hope to hear from you before Feb 22 via the Talk to the Press discussion or at jfallon@edmunds.com with your thoughts and contact information.

Thanks as always,

Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director, Edmunds.com
  • bouncingbobbouncingbob Member Posts: 19
    My 2001 C320 is back in the shop. That makes it twice this week. A new computer is on order to repair the hesitation and stumbling problem. Will it work? My opinion is... no.
    This is the lastest problem, occurring just after the dealer replaced one SmartKey, and reprogrammed another. The car didn't even make it out of the dealer's driveway before the next problem showed up! The dealer first thought it was a key problem manifestation, then they thought it could be the oxygen sensor, now they think it's the computer, but they are "not sure."
    I'm keeping track on my days needed to qualify for the lemon law. For all of you "optimists" out there who still like their C's... heed this warning. Most of my troubles occurred after the 10,000 mile mark. If you only have a few thousand on the odometer, you are not out of the woods yet. I guess my only two options are the lemon law, or holding on for 2-3 more years. The first year depreciation is so high, I can't even think of turning the car in as I purchased the car outright. I hope my C's troubles eventually resolve, or they continue so I can qualify for the lemon law.
  • rainersrainers Member Posts: 50
    Which patroleum do most c class owners use? 90 or 92
  • bongersbongers Member Posts: 2
    I got my my C240 in Dec2000 and almost have 11K miles on it. I leased the vehicle from a Silicon Valley dealer who also boasts the largest service center in the U.S. I had heard good feedback regarding their customer dealings, and they had a cancelled black C240 at the right time. Shortly after picking up the car, I noticed my front seats were harder than the ones in the demo that I test drove. Given that seat hardness is subjective and unquantifiable, I decided to keep the car and see if it got more comfortable or if I was overly sensitive to the seats. It never got more comfortable and 70% of my passengers in the front passenger seat mention how uncomfortable the seat is within 15 to 20 minutes. My elderly father's legs go numb when he sits in the car. The suspension is not the problem because I can distinguish firm suspension from firm seats, and discomfort starts from the second people sit in the seats, not when the car is moving. Back in last summer when my car began crapping out on me (more on that later), and I was waiting at my dealer's showroom, I sat in another C240 and noticed it had plumper filling. I mentioned this to my service rep and he and another rep evaluated some C240s and confirmed they had noticeably varying degrees of firmness even though they are all suppose to be the same seat. Enough about the seats. After 5500 miles, sensors started failing in my car. This happened twice and one time, the car failed while I was in transit. I was lucky to roll to a stop. Tele-aid took 90 mins to send a tow truck. I also had a cracked reservoir that they suckered me into believing was due to road hazard but they conviently misplaced the damaged shield. Each service vist took 3 to 5 days, with daily phone calls to me promising part availability within hours. I was not provided loaners when the work was scheduled for 2 hrs (it took longer than 2 hrs every time, and the 2nd time they overbooked customers and sent me home) and for loaners, they gave me Volvos, and Honda Accords.
    One time they left a foot long dirt stain across the inside of the driver's door. Their complimentary car wash is at a nearby automated car wash that dulls the finish (the service mgr claims that's where she washes her car), and sometimes they pass out rain checks since the car wash breaks down regularly. I have had to schedule a repair visit 30 days ahead of time because they "are the biggest service center in the U.S. and are backed up". This was immediately after my first sensor repair and my leaking reservoir was dismissed as a/c condensation. Tele-aid was useless early on in the beginning as they could not answer questions about the C240. They have improved since. During the Xmas holidays, my key started to fail. All my door locks open at times while I am driving. I have spoken with dealer mgmt and the Western regional service mgr but while they sympathize, they are not responsive. I guess I expected too much from MB, I'm going to return to Japanese (even American) cars after this experience...sigh.
  • srmesmersrmesmer Member Posts: 6
    We bought a car seat today and are trying to figure out how it works in our C240. It seems like there isn't a way of hooking it in the middle seat in the back without getting an additional strap or something. Do I need to get something else, and does it work with the little metal hooks I see in the backseat?

Thanks
  • castinstonecastinstone Member Posts: 12
    is preferred in the C.
  • peter84peter84 Member Posts: 7
    I met with the Mercedes regional rep last week to talk about what he and Mercedes will do about our C 320 that has been having so many serious problems over the past 15 months. He promised to get back to us this week . We're discussing the possibility of getting an E Class to replace the C Class, but considering all the aggravation we have had with the C Class (as I outlined two weeks ago on this chat room) they had better make us a good offer. Frankly, after all the trouble we've had with the C Class I don't know that I would ever buy another Mercedes again. Too expensive, not reliable (at least that's my experience with this car and from other comments in this chat room ), and too many extra costs for add ons that Acura and Lexus include in their base price.
  • nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    autoweek has just added a C320 wagon, with all options, to their long term test fleet. It will be interesting to see what their comments and problems are.
  • bongersbongers Member Posts: 2
    The E class has an excellent quality record and also a strong following, but keep in mind that it's completely redone for the next model year. In fact, I hear it will be available in Germany in April. The current E class will be selling at huge discounts in Aug/Sept. If you really like the current E class that they will offer you, make sure you get as many options as possible and don't let them choose the car.
  • crankstercrankster Member Posts: 20
    I too, have a 2001 C240 that has been a full-time job to own. It was in the shop over 40 days in the first 10 months of ownership, and has had approximately $14,000+ worths of parts and labor put into it. I can accept the fact that any car can have problems, I can't accept that the dealers and the regional service rep are essentially worthless, I won't even go into the MB-USA customer "do you want fries with that" reps. I can easily afford owning an MB, what I can't afford is the amount of time I've wasted with this vehicle's service, maintenance and ownership. I have an Infiniti G35 coming in a month--I never thought I'd be thrilled to have a Japanese car--but it's statistically reliable.
    keep complaining until you get to the top. Don't just call, write. Address it to S. Paul Halata, President & CEO of Mercedes Benz USA, LLC. If you all write letters, they will be read.

Peter: Is the guy going to Lemon Law your car and buy it back from you at full price and then offer you an E-Class? T least someone is getting somewhere!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• mbnogombnogo Member Posts: 1
    I have C320 for 18 month and got ~18K on it.
    It drives (and stops!) great, but service (taking into account initial quality) is awful.

Yes, keys were replaced.
    Yes, window motors were replaced (almost all owner that I know had problems with power windows).
    Yes, seats are far from being the best.

This can be expected from new model - but their dealership is far from being polite, and time that it takes to fix problems unjustified.
    Another big fault - I need to wait for 7-10 days to make an appointment. These folks in MBUSA would loose customers to Audi and BMW pretty fast (or to top Japanese models).
    I think that main advantage of MB over others was reliability, but looks like that it's not an important thing for them any more, since knowing about a new model problems, they made no effort to make driver's life easy. I went through some comments and looks like that it's not only my particular dealership problem (Autohaus Pompano, Florida). Or is it any car dealership like this?

I'm not sure that next time I'll go for MB.
    Sadly enough, most Japanese cars are not tall enough. I didn't find TL comfortable because of headroom. So, some European (that means - German in US) will be a next try.
    Anyone tried A6?
  • sascuderisascuderi Member Posts: 73
    Try sitting in the new Infinifi G35 (due out 4/02) if you are looking for head room. (260HP, rear wheel drive, 50-50 wt. distribution,based on the Skyline, and 28-33K! Nothing from Germany will be able to match its performance,price and most important reliability)
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    ...I also would recommend waiting to try the G35 for anyone who is looking for quality and room in this class for the same or less money. The early reviews are very, very positive...
  • mleskovarmleskovar Member Posts: 171
    I'm going to keep asking this question until someone answers they have, and are satisfied with their after market pads.....anyone try any non-metalic,
    rotor friendly,high operating temperature ,after market brake pads that they like yet? Kevlar,
    ceramic, or whatever is being used now. 20K miles on C320 in 12 months and pads aren't even half worn yet. I want to be ready when they become too thin.
    I don't know about aftermarket brake pads for MB, but I do know that when you get them replaced by the delaer, they're like they were when the car rolled off the assembly line. Its really amazing! Also be prepared to fork over a month's mortgage to pay for a complete brake job including pads and rotors.

• goodwingoodwin Member Posts: 24
    i just got my new 2002 mercedes c-240 i will change the oil at 5,000 miles, does anyone know how to change the oil? and is it safe to use the mobil-1 5W-30 tri synthetic. i was under the car last week and it looks like they have plastic panels under the car that need to be unbolted to gain access underneath. what about the oil filter just unscrew the top piece and drop a new one in?? thanks for any help.
    Yes, for filter unscrew top piece and replace paper element...don't forget to replace O-rings. Oil is removed via tube that used to be where the dip stick was located. Need a 'topsider' to suck oil up (cost about $70). Check oil level before and after and be careful not to put too much back in or it will smoke a bunch and possibly damage seals.
  • sargent4sargent4 Member Posts: 17
    I already got a letter about renewing Teleaid for $240 - year will be up March 27. Did use it once when a light came on but seems expensive. Also, you now have to pay phone charges. Has anyone used plain old road service - Teleaid people say you will be at back of queue but I do have AAA. Someone a while back said you get malfunctions and the lights stay on if you cancel - true? What are some of you doing.
    Overall, have had key problems (who hasn't) - bad fittings in trunk etc but not too bad. Do wish I had gotten another Lexus GS300 though - nothing ever went wrong. I never got new brake pads on my Lexus's (2 of them.) They both had about 30000 miles when the leases were up. Guess I cannot expect this on the C320. I am not a car nut and reliablity means most to me - your posts about what happens after 10,000 scare me - just about there.
    Sarg
    How many miles before replacement? Were front and back both done at same time? Were all rotors machined or replaced? How much in $$?
    I don't know about my parents' '98 CLK, but when they had a 1990 300E and the front & rear brakes were done at the same time, rotors replaced it cost somewhere in the $1500-$1700 range. I don't remeber the mileage...it was pretty high though.

• e320wagone320wagon Member Posts: 13
    Remove the plastic panel under the engine and I think you'll find a conventional drain plug (this is how our e320 is built). Don't forget to buy a replacement copper sealing ring when you buy your oil filter (costs around $0.25). I prefer to drain the oil vs. "Topside" it for two reasons. Maybe old-fashioned, but I like the oil to be freshly run (stirred up) and reasonably hot, and I've heard Topsiders tend to collapse hoses if the oil is hot. Also, I want to make sure ALL the old oil drains out, especially since my 2002 C320 doesn't have a dipstick, so I'll fill it by quantity (8.5 qts).

Regarding oil grade, I would not use Mobil1 5w-30 since it is NOT MB approved - buy the Mobil1 0W-40 (I think you'll find a source by searching on yahoo - someplace called "Park"). Have fun!
    It appears that the topside oil change is the correct procedure for this engine, see:

http://www.mercedesshop.com/diy_oil_change2.htm

Getting the oil hot with synthetic is probably not necessary, unless you are doing it in 10 degree weather. You can get those topsiders at any marine accessories shop.

• 404c404c Member Posts: 146
    The purpose of changing oil when it's hot is not to make it less viscous, but rather to have all the ultra-fine particulates remain in suspension as the oil is drained.
  • paul_ppaul_p Member Posts: 271
    Great link - thanks!!!

- Paul
  • rainersrainers Member Posts: 50
    Hey folks, don't know if any of you know this already, but I found it over at MbWorld and tested it, and it works. If you ever want to disable your ESP system to do some nice smokey burnouts or if you're at the track, here's the procedure:

"1. To start, the key must be removed from the ignition.
    2. Insert the key and turn to position 1.
    3. Immediately press and hold the trip odometer reset button until the instrument cluster beeps. There is no visual message, only an audio beep. Be patient, this takes around 40 seconds.
    4. Press the lower menu button (it looks like two sheets of paper, the one with the writing in the background behind the blank one)
    5. Press the up arrow button.
    6. Press the "+" sign to disable the Traction System (turn "ON" test mode)
    7. Start the engine, the traction system is now disabled.
    To return to normal, remove the key and restart the engine. The traction control warning should no longer be in the cluster. If it is, shut the engine off and remove the key again. Then insert the key and turn to position 1. Note that the DYNO test screen is displayed immediately. Push the "-" button to enable the traction system (turn "OFF" test mode)
    NOTE: When you first turn the key to position 1, ESP DYNO Test screen pops up, then after 1-2 seconds it may disappear while faults are displayed. If you weren't fast enough in pressing the "-" button before codes were displayed, just wait until all codes cycle by, then the ESP DYNO Test screen will reappear.
    No, this doesn't work for any car but the W203, before you ask.
    Enjoy, and I'm not buying you new tires!

On cars equipped with Command, to enter the diagnostic screen
    press and hold the following keys for about 8 seconds: Mute + 1 + 3"

Now, I should warn you that by doing this, at least on my Coupe, you also disable the BAS and ABS systems, so it's not a good thing to do before you drive to work . Also, doing this procedure will also bring up an additional information screen in the MFD, with your ECU's current software version, hardware version, serial number, an actual measurement of your oil level (not just Oil Level OK), and your engine's version number. Pretty cool stuff. Enjoy!
  • diwc240diwc240 Member Posts: 172
    One year anniversary today for my C 240 6 speed.
    Phenomenal automobile !! 10,300 superb miles, what a RIDE !!
    FSS A completed last week. Oil change from Mobil 1 synthetic 15W50 (I had done at 3500 mi.) to Quaker State synthetic 5W40 here in Jersey.
    Loaner was a C230 (certainly did not like that engine compared to the V6 in my opinion).
    Highly recommend the C 240 6 speed if you want a fun and exciting ride !! Love that 3000 to 4500 rpm torque sweet zone...
    Ian
    How's that 6 speed trating you now that its broken in? How was it initially? Does it really help compared to the slushbox? I've driven a C240 with TouchShift and thought the ride was nice and firm, the engine was smooth, but had very little pickup. Does you car have the Sport Package?

• bubba3007bubba3007 Member Posts: 38
    My C240 was one year old on February 5. On that date it had 20,866 miles on the odo, had burned 878.1 gallons of fuel (23.8 mpg), and has been a dream to drive from day one.

I just renewed the Tele-Aid, did use it once; picked up a nail in a tire mid morning on a Sunday, hit the SOS button, identified myself and the M-B service car came, changed the tire checked other tires and was gone in less than an hour. He had to drive about 22 miles one way to get to me. I'd call that excellent service. I look on the Tele-Aid like insurance, I spend the money and hope I never have to use it.

There have been a few relativly minor problems that have been solved promptly and satisfactorily by the dealer, Mercedes-Benz of Omaha. However, the ownership experience has been just great due to the well balanced combination of luxury, driveability, and comfort. I can only hope that your experience will be as good.

Bubba

". . . My friends all drive Porsches, I must make AMENDS . . ." J. Joplin
    I recommend taking a 6 speed for a test drive that has over 1500 miles on it so you can push it to the 5000+ rpm range.
    I thought I had some engine lag but realized after a few thousand miles that I was leaving my foot - just touching the clutch pedal through second gear. Once I made sure my foot was completely off the clutch, the acceleration from 2nd to 3rd was just as smooth as in shifting all the way up to 6th.
    The engine gets smoother as you get to 10,000 miles (then it is really broken in...or so I am
    told). The 6 speed is beautifully smooth and a joy to drive (I had a 5 speed Subaru Outback - with a very sticky gearbox prior to this).
    I used to have a link to Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2000/2001, which showcased the C 320 V6 engine last year.
    (looks like Ward's Auto is now a premium web service $ to get previous reports...)
    (scroll down near bottom of the mainpage) Under Ward's Special Reports:

2002 Ward's 10 Best Engines:
    "Inline 6-cyl. powerplants take three slots among Wards 10 Best Engines for 2002".

with DaimlerChrysler AG 5L SOHC V-8 (Mercedes-Benz ML500) making this year's 10 Best.
    The E Class / C 320 engine is in their List of Best Engines History over the past seven years:

DaimlerChrysler AG 3.2L SOHC V-6 Mercedes E320 - - - 98 99 00 01

http://www.wardsauto.com
  • sascuderisascuderi Member Posts: 73
    Nissan's VQ V-6 has won the award again...8th time in a row. It will be featured in the new Infiniti 260hp RWD G35
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Any ideas on whether I should be paying at or above MSRP for a 2002 CLK 320 convertible in NY? Also, any contacts for European delivery would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • blakec320blakec320 Member Posts: 10
    I'm on the list for the upcoming AMG convertible myself(A209). When I inquired about the new model (in CA) they offered me a deal on a current model close to invoice...So I'm sure you could work something out, but certainly do not pay more than MSRP.
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Close to invoice? That's interesting. Maybe these guys can tell I haven't bought a $50,000+ car before. Yesterday I had a dealer in N.Y. on Long Island (Smithtown) tell me they are getting $10-$15K over MSRP for a 2002 and that was after a 6 mo. wait! I walked out. I eventually had their autobytel dealer call me back to say "no one" will do better than MSRP. I am certainly willing to take a current model (and I don't mind waiting).
    Was that Competition, or the new dealer in Huntington? Long Island is no place to buy a luxury car, too many people with too much money in a "closed" area with relatively few dealers. I bought my last three "expensive" cars in New Jersey, and will probably do the same again. Try the Rockville Center dealer, they seemed civilized at least, but I never priced a car there. You could try Rallye Motors, but dress up, and don't brush up against the Rolls Royces!
    dealers outside of the floating traffic jam (Long Island). There are numerous dealers in Westchester, Connecticut, New Jersey, & Rockland Counties that are withing and hour to an hour and a half drive (depending on traffic). While CLKs don't sit on the lot, they ceratinly shouldn't be going for over sticker. My parents have a '98 coming off lease in April. They're also changing the body next year ('03) and will build the car on the current C-Class Platform.

• ivarraivarra Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if it is possible to install a CD player if I did not choose on purchase? It seemed too expensive at the time, but now I regret it.

If so, can it work through the regular system, or would it have its own controls?

Thanks

Ivar
  • socalheatsocalheat Member Posts: 4
    Bill,
    you shouldnt be paying anything over dearler cost for the 320CLK. Whatever inventory they have left they need to clear out for the new model. I just purchased an 2002 E320 three weeks ago at dealer cost because that model is also going to be changed this year. I know that the E320 is their biggest seller and inventory on hand needs to be sold. Too bad you're not out here in Southern California.
    Anyone who is looking for an E320 or CLK shouldnt pay over dealer invoice. I purchased the E320 at Silverstar in Thousand Oaks Auto Mall.
    Changing the subject. I am also an owner on a 2001 C320...As most of us have incurred some sort of problems, I too have had the key problem and also had to take the car in to have the sun roof switch replaced. The lid fuction didnt activate properly. The sun shade screen works intermittantly. Other than that the car is great fun to drive.
This discussion has been closed.