Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedans

Comments

• mbgambga Member Posts: 11
    Been reading the good and the bad here for last few weeks. Have not seen any posts that appear to be from the Atlanta area, so I thought it was time.

I bought my '01 240 from a private party. I feel like I got a new car for a used price! The car was delivered to the original owner in June of '01 and she promptly had to head back to England for a few months. When she had to leave permanently she put it up for sale with only 630 miles on it. I bought it used, but still had to finish breaking it in!

Absolutely love it. Has the sun roof package and 6-disc CD. Exactly what I would have ordered.

Met with the same sales person that sold it at Atlanta Classic Cars and he was very friendly and helpful. I'm sure he's lining up the future upgrade(I'll have to keep my wife out of there).

I did have a problem with a bit of a rough idle while in gear at a stop. Initially the salesman said it may be the gas, as he knew the car had sat for long periods and we were coming off a cold snap. He said to run a full tank or two using 89 octane. I tried that with no relief, so he made me an appointment and I had it checked and fixed the same day (Honda Accord loaner, too bad). The service dept said the motor mounts had compressed and they were replaced at no cost. It did the trick.

Has anyone else had a motor mount problem? I don't remember seeing that as a problem.

Even with that problem I'm still quite happy with the car and will keep reading the posts, as there are good tips out there. Like the one about using wax on the to make cleaning off the brake dust easier. That works great.
  • ahostahost Member Posts: 36
    I also had a rough idle problem with my C320 when I got the car. Same thing, they replaced the motor mounts, and after that there have been no problems.
  • cwdavis1cwdavis1 Member Posts: 31
    I helped purchase a C-240 for my sister who lives in Florida. She has mentioned to me that twice in the past couple of weeks she could not get the transmission into reverse. Both times she was parked in her garage and she had to put it in drive first a couple of times before reverse would work.

The dealer has never heard of this problem so has asked her for more specifics when it happens again. Has anyone on this forum experienced similar problems and if so, how was it corrected.

Thanks for your help.
  • bill124bill124 Member Posts: 246
    Does your manual say to use 89 octane or 91? Just curious.
  • michhalamichhala Member Posts: 375
    fedssocr wrote:
    >decided that a year was probably a good time to >change the oil but I did not ask if I should do >it now or wait until FSS says to do it. The >service advisor didn't say anything one way or >the other.....

fedssocr -- my thanks for replying to my post. As I understand it, then, you got just an oil change and not your A service. Many have been able to bring their own synthetic Mobil 1, and the service dept has charged them just for the labor, but it doesn't sound as if you overpaid considering you did not have the inconvenience of buying it yourself. I have 6,100 miles, and the FSS shows A service due in 5,000 miles. My 320 will be one year May 31. Since I do approx 700+ miles a month, I will be about 8,200/8400 at the year anniversary, which is about my usual mileage of between 8K-9K a year.

I will probably reach the 5,000 mark for the first scheduled FSS service (if it does not change its calculation) about 4 mos after the year mark...maybe sooner....so methinks that will not be too long to wait but I will still ask my service advisor. If he does not know, he will find out for me.

Miki
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    I never understood where the national average of 10,000 - 12,000 miles a year came from until this C-Class board. I can't believe you people have these cars and put so few miles on them every year. I live in NYC and drive my car a few times a month and I'm going to definitely hit or maybe exceed the 36,000 miles by the end of my lease. Most people I know put at least 18,000 - 25,000 miles a year on their cars (with the exception of those who drive back and forth to the train/bus station).

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• crankstercrankster Member Posts: 20
    Could the 2 people (posts 5203 & 5203) who mentioned that they had their motor mounts replaced, comment on any other symptoms they noticed as a result of the mounts. On top of the multitude of problems my C has had, is the ongoing "rumble" and vibration that is transmitted to the passenger compartment, on top engine vibration at idle.
    Thanks.
    On the motor mounts, no symptoms aside from the rough idle. The idle wasn't really that rough (the rpm needle barely moved), though you could tell a marked difference between neutral and drive. Like the other post, no problems since the replacement(about 1800 miles).

On the octane, the manual says 91, but in Ga for some reason I can't find 91, it's only 87, 89 or 93. The dealership mentioned the worst thing you could do was switch between 93 and 89 to average 91. When I test drove a 3-series BMW they said to they use 89 (manual says 91). The dealership said I would not see a difference in performance using 93, so it was not worth the extra $.10 a gallon. The reason I asked is the owners manual on our Honda Odessey says you will get 205 horse power on regular unleaded, but 210 on premium.

Is anyone running 93 octane in the C240? Has anyone had problems running 89? Thanks.
    nyccarguy wrote:
    >I never understood where the national average of >10,000 - 12,000 miles a year came from until >
    >this C-Class board

Some people have more than one car.

Miki
  • fedssocrfedssocr Member Posts: 90
    And in my case I use public transportation to get to and from work. So I only use my car a few times a week to run errands and a couple of times a year I take a long weekend trip. But otherwise my car spends most of its time sitting down in the garage.

Since I am not leasing I'm not losing anything by not driving the max miles. I figure it will make the car worth a little more when the time comes to part with it. I couldn't imagine driving 20K miles a year!
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A major midwestern newspaper is interested in speaking with folks who have anecdotes and opinions on rear wheel drive vs. front wheel drive in winter driving conditions.
    We're also looking for people who recently switched one way or the other and what they like/dislike about what they're driving now.
    If you are interested in participating, please provide your city/state of residence and your daytime phone number to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than March 20, 2002.
    Thanks as always,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• 404c404c Member Posts: 146
    Good on you to use transit. I also minimise mileage by riding my racing bicycle to work as often as weather allows - that saves 3000 km per year, minimum....

Mike T.
  • sf_collectorsf_collector Member Posts: 3
    Hey you all,
    I just got my C230 kompressor a month ago. Loving it. The performance is great. I even bought a car cover for it but never used it. So I am putting it up ebay for sale. If any of you are interested, please go to ebay and look for.

Item # 1811218783

Bought it for $198 and will let it go cheap.

thanks!
  • sf_collectorsf_collector Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I have a question. I have the 2002 model and FSS says to go in at 10,000 miles. So do all of you really go in at 10,000 miles for the first service? Most cars I own before I take in around 3k. I have a friend who told me he tried to take his 2002 c240 in at 5k and the service rep asked him anything wrong with it, and he said no. The rep then told him not to take it in until 10k.

I have noticed that different location's services are different. I bought mine in SD and people there are nice. I drove it back to Oakland, and reps there have bad attitudes.
    I live not far from you. I have shared on the forum, and will share again, what the MB Operations and Service Manager for Orange and Los Angeles Counties told me on the question of early oil change. He would rather I waited until the FSS scheduled change came due -- he has seen too many engines that were not properly broken in when early oil changes had been done. Previously, before Mobil 1 Synthetic, the early 2001 C's did not have the synthetic and that might have been a different story. Last time I posted this there were several in disagreement.

Miki
  • nankynanky Member Posts: 75
    I stuck to the FSS schedule and performed my first service at 12,500 miles. The car performed flawlessly through this mileage and continues to do so. Initially, I was apprehensive about having to wait that long for an oil change, especially having stuck to a 3,000 mile schedule over the years for my Honda which, by the way, is still going strong after 254,000 miles. Some of the earlier exchanges on this forum were about whether the cars were delivered with synthetic or mineral oil and the benefits of early oil changes to rid engines of metal shavings and what have yous. It goes without saying that today's engines are much more technologically advanced than those of yesteryear. Based on my experience, you will be just fine sticking to the FSS schedule. Enjoy the ride!!
  • chapterchapter Member Posts: 4
    Many of you may remember all the problems I had with my 2002 C240. Including Xenon lights goging out, ESP/BAS malfunctions, sunroof not closing, stalling and surging, and swirl marks. After many trips to MB Fort Lauderdale (An AutoNation) company, the local regional rep in Jacksonville offered to buy the car back! It had 8,4XX miles.

Writing letters and, starting the Lemon Law process works!

We worked out a deal where I could get a 2002 SLK 230 for a fair price. MBUSA and MB Fort Lauderdale both chipped in to make it happen. So far the SLK is great. Wish me luck!

PS..wonder if they will sell the C240?
  • 3pointstar3pointstar Member Posts: 45
    What's the VIN number so we can avoid it? ;-)
    The dealer told me MB used to use a special "break-in" oil that could only be used for 1000 miles, but some people waited too long and ruined the engine. Now MB breaks in the engines in Stutgart, flushes out the oil, so the initial 1000 mile "go easy" period is to seat the seals, etc. BMW calls for oil changes every 15,000 miles. I'm approaching 3000 in mine, but will wait for the 10,000 mark.
  • colorado1974colorado1974 Member Posts: 177
    Thinking about purchasing a new C Class Sedan. Does anybody prefer the 6 speed over the auto? Anything else to look for? Love the look of this car. Any help would be appreciated.
  • diwc240diwc240 Member Posts: 172
    Post # 5138:
    One year anniversary today (Feb.15th) for my C 240 6 speed.
    Phenomenal automobile !! 10,300 superb miles, what a RIDE !!
    Highly recommend the C 240 6 speed if you want a fun and exciting ride !! Love that 3000 to 4500 rpm torque sweet zone...
    Ian
    I think Bubba3007 has the C240 Auto TX ?
    Recommend you test drive both.
  • colorado1974colorado1974 Member Posts: 177
    Thanks for the input. As I dig deeper into this venture I am finding out that some '01 used cars are bringing more than you can buy a new one for. Is this uncommon?
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    The ASKING price for a used '01 may be greater than a new car, but I can assure you no rational person in their right mind would actually PAY that for a used one.

Start by looking at the average of the Kelley and Edmunds WHOLESALE [tradein] prices for the car, and structure any offer by working up from that. Pay absolutely no attention to the alleged Kelley RETAIL price - this is a fantasy concocted by Kelley to stay popular with dealers. It bears no resemblance whatsoever to the real market value of the car.

Good rule of thumb for a mass-market Mercedes sedan: First year wholesale should be around 15-17% back of MSRP for that year. Work up from there based on how good the car looks and feels, and the strength of the warranty.
  • bubba3007bubba3007 Member Posts: 38
    Bubba indeed has an auto box, first car in over 50 years of driving that I chose an automatic over a stick. Transmissions have come a long way in the years I have been driving and I think the auto in the C240 is great. You won't want to go racing with this one but then, you won't want to go racing with the C240 anyway.

Had Service "B" this week. Second oil change. 24,000 miles. At this rate I'll need a new car in another year. My only complaint. . . its not an S600, or maybe a C32. (The little boy is still alive in there somewhere.)

Bubba

". . . My friends all drive Porches, I must make AMENDS. . ." J. Joplin
    Free maintemance means that MB will service the car for free for "Scheduled Maintenance." If you want your oil changed every 3K miles, then you're paying for it. If you want them to use synthetic oil, you've got to provide it. I've heard (on this board) that the power with the 6 speed is good. I've driven a C240 with a slushbox and while it was smooth, I didn't feel it had enough pickup! Just one man's opinion!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• e320wagone320wagon Member Posts: 13
    We tried a 2002 c240 and found it to be a little less peppy than I was used to (had four people in the car, felt great till I accidentally pulled out in front of someone). Ended up buying a 2002 c320. The c320 includes some things that are options on the c240, such as the automatic, Bose radio, and digital heater controls.

Regarding the free scheduled maintenance, we just had our 2001 e320 4matic wagon in for its first service last month. They used Castrol synthetic 5w-50, and the only charge we had was for rotating the tires (not included as part of the "A" service) and a state inspection sticker - total of $54. We were told the car could be serviced when the FSS showed less than 1000 miles remaining.

I think your doing well with a $2k discount - there is not a tremendous markup on these cars compared to other makes (check out a Toyota Sequoia). Good luck - we love our c and our e!
  • smalltownysmalltowny Member Posts: 1
    Thanks a lot for your responses on my Mercedes free maintenance question. So, basically it is free if you stay within the "schedules"? I now own an Infinite Q45 and the scheduled maintenance services often cost me around $800 +/- every 7,500 miles after the 2nd/3rd year. How much values would you say this "free maintenance services" for 4 years or 50K miles vs. if I get a Lexus or another Infinite? $5,000? or $8,000 if you had to pay for the services such as pre-2000 Mercedues models? I like to factor this saving into my cost so that I may pay a little more initially, but over 4 years I would recover this value back. Thanks again.

PS: Anyone else has C240 Automatic experiences? I know C320 is a much more powerful car, but I just don't know over time any C240 owners might regret they should have bought C320 instead?
  • e320wagone320wagon Member Posts: 13
    I think your estimates for these services are high. First, the FSS will request service approx every 10k miles, so you'll get four services within your warranty period. Two will be "A" services, and two will be "B". The "A" service is not a whole lot more than a fancy oil change, albeit 8.5 quarts of synthetic oil. The "B" service is somewhat more comprehensive - I think it includes replacing the cabin air filter and rotating the tires. Our dealer told us they price both services similarly, I think they said around $300. This seems REALLY high to me, but I'm a DIY nut anyway, so I'm not likely to let someone else do this work for me. Your on your own for many things, for example brakes, spark plugs (all 12 of those $12 platinum jobs), etc. If your like me you won't be able to leave the original oil in for 10k miles, so you need to figure in any extra oil changes you do for your own peace of mind.

Good luck - it is a wonderful car.
  • mtroymtroy Member Posts: 45
    18k miles and all is well. Recall a few months ago I reported on a rear brake light out, and how AutoSteigler in Encino let my car sit there all day and never got to fixing it and wanted to keep it all weekend, even though I had made an appointment. I said no and took it the next day to Downtown LA Motors with no appt and the service rep fixed it himself in 4 minutes. I wrote an email to Steigler complaining about their poor service and asked for a response. Never got one. Last week, I noticed a crackling noise under the seat. Called Downtown LA Motors, took it in the next day, fixed no problem. They said it was a broken bearing. Also the ESP light came on, and the software fixed it. Props to Downtown LA Motors -- their fast and no hassle service lived up to my expectation. I'm NEVER going to Steigler again, and one of these days, I'll send my comments on them to MB. (Of course, Steigler never had MB send me an evaluation.)
    I have the automatic trans and don't find myself pinned the headrest with the acceleration. That's why I like the fact I can manually change gears. When I need (or just want) more acceleration, I just go through the gears manually. I like the acceleration through 2nd and 3rd. I'd have gone for the manual tranny, but with my daily commute subject to frequent stop and go traffic, had to go auto to remain sane.

I bought mine used, so I didn't test drive the 320 to see the difference. If buying new, it seems like the obvious thing to do.
  • fedssocrfedssocr Member Posts: 90
    I have a c240 auto and haven't for a second regretted buying a 240 instead of a 320. I think the car has more than enough power for normal driving. Of course I was coming from a 4cyl Accord (w/ VTEC though) so maybe that colors my opinion. I guess the only way for you to know is to drive both and see which you like better.
  • tluketluke Member Posts: 52
    I currently own a 99 C230 sedan with the Kompressor and am planning on selling this fall for an '03 C240. Has anyone else made this switch. I am curious how the power compares. I am satisfied with the 99 but really don't want to lose performance with the C240. If you know, how do they compare. Sometime soon I will have to take a test drive to see for myself, but 'til then your opinions are welcome.
    I suspect that the C240 will not be as quick as your C230 Kompressor (There's no Supercharger). It may take a bit longer to get up speed, but you will find the C240 is MUCH smoother. The interior is more well appointed on the C240.

• billp8billp8 Member Posts: 56
    Does anyone know of a place in or near Arlington, VA, where you can HAND wash the car yourself? In the past, I have had bad experiences with even the "brushless" car washes. Many thanks!
    The C240 will not be as absolutely quick in acceleration as the C230 mit Kom...however, every other aspect of the car on the road will be a distinct improvement: better ride, handling, quieter, etc. To me, the step up to the C320 makes absolutely no sense at all, but to each their own...
  • tluketluke Member Posts: 52
    Thanks to those who responded. Soon I will be taking one out for a spin to see for myself. My salesman said I could have one for a day to get a good feel for it . By then I should know for sure how they compare. I have heard encouraging things about 4matic being available in the '03 C class line. Will definitely be interested in that.
  • husky11husky11 Member Posts: 53
    jrct9454, I took my 1999 C-280 into the dealer a few days ago to take care of a recall on a battery problem for the '98's and '99's. While there, I looked at a new C-240. It was beautiful. Loaded and at at $37k MSRP. The interior was the most beautiful charcoal leather I have yet seen. The CD deck is in the glove box area etc.

As I remember it, there were some gripes on the C-230 in the last 3 to 3-1/2 years - all sorts of little things. From your experience, has MB overcome the problems mentioned? I believe you follow this site pretty closely and would know the answer.

My wife and I are contemplating a 2003 C-240 and it was good to hear your comments in post #5236.
    Thanks a lot.

I plan to follow-up with some research through my grand daughter who works for an MB dealer.She says she can get me "a fabulous deal."
    If you are going to wait for an '03, I think you can trade with some confidence that most of the early teething problems are solved. But I must say, it is very disappointing that it has taken them the better part of 2 model years before being able to say that.

Early problems included engine / transmission software, all kinds of electrical problems, especially related to the elec keys [there is some debate whether this is really fixed, but I think so], defective rear axle shafts, motor mounts, and so on. A real embarrassment, if current management were capable of being embarrassed, which is apparently not the case.

Hubbert claims he's shocked, and will take care of it, but one wonders where he was during most of the past 20 months. Anyway, ranting aside, I think you'll find an '03 comparably reliable to your W202 C.
  • ejones31ejones31 Member Posts: 12
    If anybody on this board lives in Atlanta, Ga. area. Would you purchase a C- Class from Manuels Mercedes in Cobb County. That dealer ship sales Mercedes very cheap. 1999 C-280 are saling for $20,000 with 54K miles. Sounds to go to be true.
  • nycanyca Member Posts: 232
    This list is from a source at mbworld. It applies to the C230 coupe, but a few of the changes will probably make it into the sedan where applicable:

Interior
    - new design steering wheel incorporates cruise control
    - single CD player standard
    - new design smaller/cheaper 6 disk CD changer intro 12/02
    - new high end DSP stereo system incl sub intro 12/02
    - new interior colors TBA
    - window switches moved up 15 cm
    - storage pockets on seat back
    - seat rack travel increase 5 cm
    - seat latch repositon to side
    - rear seat cupholders built-in console side
    - 12V power point in hatchback area

Exterior
    - several colors retired and new colors TBA
    - new C7 wheel/all season tire option
    - AMG package C9A/C9B intro 12/02 C9B incl 18 inch staggered
    - rear window wiper option
    - redesigned windscreen for pana roof effective MY2002 05/02
    - bi-xeon headlight option intro 10/02
    - new smart key functions TBA

I guess the most notable change is the standard single CD. For the sedan, 4MATIC is also coming in 2003.
  • steveaa123steveaa123 Member Posts: 3
    Miki-

I seem to recall you posting about a paint-chip/door ding repair service in west LA. Last night I was victimized by a driver who left a door ding that borders on a full-fledged dent. To add insult to injury, when I noticed the dent this morning it was obvious that the guilty party saw their damage and rubbed the door with their hand, which was dirty, leaving additional minute scratches!!!

Thanks for any reference.

Steve
    Yeah, good to see they finally got religion on the topic of the std CD player...the rest of it wouldn't matter much to me, either in Coupe or Sedan. What could be much more important for the Coupe is the new-gen 4 cyl engine, if it is ready for US spec in time for the '03 model...
    Steveaa -- I have used Aero Colors at 310 659 3368. The color man who has been to my house (twice) is Jackie. (There was so little to do the first time that he did not want to charge me) This is just for chips and scrapes. For dents, I have the name of Dent Wizard 310-659-3368. I have used a dent removal mobile unit before and have always been very satisfied with the result. I am not sure if Dent Wizard is the same one I used before but the owner of my dealership uses and recommends them both The prices are very reasonable and the peace of mind is priceless. Somebody scraped my front bumper (plastic) and it was repainted by Aero Colors beautifully for $150. For the same price they will include the chip repair. Save up all your paint chips and the cost is the same for one as for many. The last time I used a mobile dent repair, I think the price was about $65, but that was a few years ago.

Hope this helps.

Miki
  • paul_ppaul_p Member Posts: 271
    I live in the Atlanta area bordering Cobb county and have not heard of that dealer. I would stick with a recognized shop such as RBM in Roswell, I have had an excellent sales experience and service performed there.
  • schnellerschneller Member Posts: 2
    I know this subject has come up several times in the past year or so on this board, but I'm curious whether anyone has any recent experience with the MB extended warranty pricing. My keys - the 4th set - will only hold 3 driver settings between them (i.e., not 3 each). MB doesn't seem to know how to fix it, so I asked them what kind of concessions they'd be willing to offer related to extending the vehicle warranty.

They offered to sell me the +4 yr/50K mile warranty for $1275. Is this a good deal???

The problem with the keys really is very minor, but it's the principle of the thing, ya' know? I picked up the car exactly 1 year ago in Sindelfingen, and have been loving it ever since. It has 'only' quit on me once (inoperable ignition switch, but luckily it happened at home...), but every time I get behind the wheel it's an absolute blast. I would strongly recommend the 6-speed to anyone looking at an '02.
  • rainersrainers Member Posts: 50
    This is what I have learned was the problem with me losing the KEY DEPENDENT MEMORY FEATURE. I now have the right numbered keys. I hope this helps anyone out there that has had thier keys (remotes) replaced and lost this feature. Please feel free to print this out and go to your favorite dealer.

Dealer Technical Bulletin 49/01

49/01 – Recalls and service campaigns: When repairing any vehicle, Always check the vehicle Master Inquiry for open campaigns.

49/01-2 Group 80 – models 203,215,and 220, KEY DEPENDENT MEMORY FEATURE: This is to clarify the operation of the key-dependent memory feature. This feature allows memory settings for seat position, steering column adjustment and A/C settings (203 only) to be dependent upon which key is used to unlock or start the vehicle. If enabled by the customer, via the Instrument Cluster (A1) settings used. There are a total of three (3) memory blocks available: one for key #1, one for key #2, and one shared by keys #3 through #8.

When ordering replacement keys for any reason, it is important to note that the only these three memory blocks are available, and the key number ordered will affect the memory blocks available. For example, if key #1 is replaced with key #4, then the first memory block (assigned to key #1) is no longer accessible. Specifically, key #2 will use the second memory block, and Keys #3 and #4 will share the third memory block. The loss of a memory block may lead to customer complaints. Therefore, if the customer wishes to retain the key dependent feature, replace keys #1 & #2 with the same numbered key.
    Schneller -- Based on the experience of many posters who bought the Warranty for their C 2001, it sounds like a good deal if it is the Premium Extended Warranty and not the Basic Extended Warranty. Many of us purchased the Premium Extended Warranty from Courtesy Motors in Chico, CA at the best discount available at the time, which extended our new car warranty coverage to 8 yrs/100,000 miles (whichever came first). I paid $1580 for my 2001 C320 Sept 20, 2001, and I believe the C240 was about the same.

Miki
  • schnellerschneller Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the heads-up on the Basic vs Premium Warranty. I'll make sure I check that.

And the 'key' posting is interesting as well. This is pretty much the way the dealer explained it, but now I'm wondering if they have been ordering the wrong keys or something....

I saw a friend last night whose wife has an S-Class with the same electronic entry/ignition system - she has had the car almost 2 years with no problems whatsoever.
  • smallreg1smallreg1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all, this is my first time on this forum. I am a new owner of my c320 coming out of and suv due to an accident. I am enjoying my car a lot but am finding that the adjustment from an suv to a car still feels strange. I also live in New England and am worried about how the car will operate in the snow. I do a lot of highway driving and am considering trading in already for the ML320. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I need to know what I should do before I really start racking up the miles on my car.

thanx for any help!
    I guess you're OK from the accident you've had with your SUV. Enjoy your new C320. Wait, you're thinking of trading it in for an ML320? Did you hit your head in the accident or soemthing (Sorry, couldn't resist)? Does your C320 have the Sport package? Your car should do fine in the snow as long as you have all season or snow tires (Please no tire debate)! How much snow did you really get this season anyway? Keep your C320.

This discussion has been closed.