Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jumptreejumptree Member Posts: 3
    Hello, toyotabuyer2,

I am in oc, if you don't mind, what was the best price that you shop?
    you can e-mail me if you want cmoreclear@gmail.com
    thanks much.
  • wse123wrsedswse123wrseds Member Posts: 1
    on 11/1/09, i bought a 2010 sienna, LE 8 pass. w/ evp #2, tow, mats... msrp 28k, sales price 25.5k, 28.2k OTD. south coast toyota in Orange County Ca.
  • jay1339jay1339 Member Posts: 3
    hi every one
    i want to buy toyota sienna ce with option 1 package in florida
    dealer gave price for ce
    Estimated Pricing*
    MSRP
    Base $24,690.00
    Options $1,233.00
    Manuf. Delv, Proc, & Hndlg $795.00

Total $26,718.00
    plus tax & title
    so please any one can tell me howmuch i should pay for this van
    thanks
  • cowxl4cowxl4 Member Posts: 12
    Did you get one?
    thanks for your reply.
    I was looking to buy one this month, and waiting for some incentive or rebate, do you think there will be anything soon? or any other recent bought pricing in OC or so cal?
  • cbus5bohicacbus5bohica Member Posts: 5
    They are out. Check the Toyota site - enter your zip code.

However, I noticed that they are only through the 16th

Does anyone know if there will be a large national incentive around Thanksgiving?
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    not sure what the Thanksgiving incentives will be. Anyone know what they were last year?
  • dgrodgro Member Posts: 6
    Looks like the 2011 Sienna will debut in December. I bet the 2010 will come down in price.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/2011-toyota-sienna-to-debut-at-2009-los-angeles-aut- o-show/
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I'll just say this.... the 2011 model can't come out in 2009...

January 1st, 2010 -- December 31st, 2011

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    So, you are saying the 2011 Sienna won't be at the 2009 LA Auto Show?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    I'm saying it won't be available for sale at Toyota dealers in 2009...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dgrodgro Member Posts: 6
    Thought I read the 2011 will be available in Jan 2010..
    Since production of the 2011 Sienna doesn't start till January 2010, I would say you were correct. The December 2009 auto show will introduce the new Sienna to the public, and actual production is scheduled to start January 2010.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Usually they build a few test mules (for EPA fuel economy and testing), one of those makes it to the auto show circuit.
  • jay1339jay1339 Member Posts: 3
    sir can u tell me from where u bought le 25400 otd please
    thanks
  • jsseinfeldjsseinfeld Member Posts: 7
    Hi - I'm pretty new at this. I've researched new cars looking at the websites Kelley Blue Book, TrueCar, and this one. Very helpful. But I'm a little confused and hoping someone can help me out. A few questions:

1) KBB and Edmunds tell me that the Invoice for a 2010 LE 7 Passenger with EVP#2 is $25,285. TrueCar tells me that it's $25,713. The quote the dealer gave me said the invoice was $25,795. The dealer invoice price included $521 for dealer holdback, $500 for TDA, $260 for Whsl. Financial Reserve, $10 for gas, $800 for destination charge. The fact that the invoice price was just over $400 means they all can't be BS, but are any of them? From what I read the dealer holdback might not be legit. What is the real invoice price of this car?

2) So the dealer above (going to go to some more in the next few days for more quotes) quoted me at $26200, and even said we can work with that number by hundreds, not thousands. In the quote, the only fees on top of that would be tax and total fees line item of $147. Truecar says average price is just under $26K, while Edmunds is saying the TMV is $26,125. Based on the invoice prices listed above, and the other information here, what is a good price to shoot for? Should I go for $25500 I saw someone pay? It almost seems like his initial offer isn't that bad, especially when he tells me we can work on it.

Thoughts? Thanks...the help is much appreciated.
  • toyotabuyer2toyotabuyer2 Member Posts: 8
    I am in bay area and the quote I got for LE 8 Passenger with Package #2 was
    $25720 from Sunnyvale Toyota and $25728 from Walnut Creek Toyota. Fremont toyota manager was not giving the quote in email so I didn't follow up.
    In fitzmall the price was 24666 it had Alloy Wheels too. In bay area I was told they do not come with Alloy Wheels. Sunnyvale toyota suggested me to buy the van from fitzmall when I emailed him the price from fitzmall!
    Fitzmall sales person said there may be new incentives on 11/17 but WC toyota said they do not expect any incentives on 11/17 as the current incentives are valid until 11/30. Anyway I have decided to wait until Thanks Giving holidays to see for any incentives.
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    To further add to the confusion, there's the matter of the rebate/cash incentives, which is a regional thing. In my case, all the local Toyota dealers in the NYC area has the 1.9% financing for the Sienna but NO cash rebate. If I go outside to PA/MD there's a 1.9% OR $750 cash back.

The way I have been shopping is using fitzmall.com prices as a base line. Fitzmall.com list their final price, invoice price and the MSRP. I use the MSRP to compare between dealers to make sure I am comparing apples to apples. The fitzmall.com price includes the $750 rebate which is why it may be lower than your local Toyota dealer's price if your local dealers are not eligible for the cash rebates. I was close to jumping on fitzmall.com deal of a LE 7 pass FWD with EVP 2 for around 24,600. But now I am looking at XLEs with either EVP1 or 2.

Shopping for Toyotas can be a real pain with all the different packages and different incentives programs.
  • annaiannai Member Posts: 4
    Could you tell me which dealership it was? My husband was shopping over the phone today and was given a price a few hundred dollars higher.
  • gandb7777gandb7777 Member Posts: 2
    I plan on purchasing the above vehicle; A 2009 or 2010 Sienna XLE 7 passenger with All Wheel Drive and the QN package # 4.
    Would appreciate some advice as to what price I should expect to get this vehicle for, not counting Tax and Tags.
    Any help is appreciated. gandb7777
  • sipaksipak Member Posts: 8
    Hi guys, need your opinion.

I think new model years will be bringing average millage lot higher than current offered on Honda/Siena.

Should one wait for next year to purchase or lease or it shouldn't be a concern. Also I'm concerned that resale value may get dropped, once new models with higher millage come out.

What's your opinion?

tks
  • cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    No way it will be "a lot" higher with the existing 3.5 L. They can put a dual VVT-i like in Lexus cars but that won't improve mileage more than 1 MPG. A six-speed tranny may up the hwy mileage to 25 MPG. They'll most likely offer the hybrid version in 2011 and definitely in 2012 which is an entirely different story.

I'd wait for the new model but guess what will happen to it when 2012s and 2013s come out :)

2013 is the one to get since, according to the Mayans, no one will offer model year 2014.
  • phonchdphonchd Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

Just got my new 2010 XLE with package 4 and owner reward package with tint last week for $33,000 before tax. There's not much offering in my region, northwest MS. I know I can get a bit better price if I try harder but I don't mind to spend a little more to support my local auto business. I know there will be a new model come out next year but I need a van for my family now. So far, we like the van a lot especially my wife. Good luck to y'all in searching a new van.

Cheers,

Paul
    Congrats on your new Sienna. What MPG are you getting?
    5th gear is already extremely tall. I'm not sure they can gear it any taller without stalling the engine. At 55mph mine's idling along at 1500 or so rpm.

I guess they could have a taller gear but it would only get used at 65+.
    I really don't keep up on the MPG, my bad. I will check it later. But one thing I have to agree on is the tachometer doesn't want to creep up. When we first drove the car, I was thinking there must be a problem with tachometer because it doesn't want to go pass 2000 rpm. I tried at 80mph and it's just a little over 2000 rpm. Cheers,
  • ahkhan99ahkhan99 Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I looked at various dealers in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul area and the best deal I found for the 8 seater LE with the VP2 is $26,100 plus tax, license and fees. With the tax and fees, it would probably come to $28,500 approx. There is only the 2.9% for 60 months financing option. Not rebates.

Does anyone know if there is going to be any new deals coming out for 11/17?

Thanks.
    I think that's probably the best deal you can get for 60 months. Toyota may extend this promo but I doubt if you can get better than that. I may be wrong though. Bests,
  • xeromemxeromem Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2010 Sienna LE-8seat model.
    Options:
    16-In 6-Spoke Aluminum Alloy: $410
    Le Evp #2:: $425
    Windshield Wiper De-Icer: $70
    Leather Interior Upgrade: $2,299 (Liquicell-Distibuter installed option)
    Carpet Mat Set: $270
    Security System Upgrade: $249
    Vehicle Shield Package: $349
    OTD-$30112. @ 0% APR.
    MSRP is $31142. Houston area. Is this an OK deal?
    Since you already bought your Sienna, a little late to worry if price was good or not. Just enjoy your new Toyota.
  • redpearlredpearl Member Posts: 14
    If you purchased the vehicle then' Monday morning second guessing' will not improve the situation.

I purchased a 2009 Sienna on May 1 for what I feel is a very low price. But the dealer offered me next to nothing for my 2005 Highlander. He can't sell new at a bargain price and pay on the high end for a trade.
    I was happy with the Sienna's utility, Toyota reliability, wife's color choice and so I bought low and sold my Highlander private.

After the fact I wonder about the step up to a trim with a power tailgate.
    But I am very pleased as it stands.

Enjoy your vehicle like we do ours.
    Can you please tell me how you were able to get 0% APR?

Was this a local dealer promotion or from some other?

I am looking for a buying same configuration and 0% APR will be great way for me to jump on it.
    -s
  • xeromemxeromem Member Posts: 2
    0% was promotional offer till last Friday. It is 1.9% now. Still a good offer. Remeber leather seating is not factory option in LE.
    Can you guys share any deals being announced by your dealers for Thanksgiving weekend?

Are there any new incentives being offered by Toyota for this time of the year?

I wen on hold to see if there is any better promotions on financing come out around this time.

Thanks.
    -s
    With the end of the month and end of the quarter (December) deals are only going to get better. Toyota will also want to move out the Siennas to make room for the newly designed 2011 Sienna that starts production in January 2010.

Incentives vary from region to region.
  • orgeeorgee Member Posts: 4
    Along with following:

FE - 50 state emissions
    QF - EVP #2
    RL - DRL and windshield wiper de-icer
    CF - Carpet floor mats

is quoted at $26,331 with a mark-up of $300 above invoice. Is this a good deal in central TX.

If you have gotten better pricing, please post information of the dealer and price.
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    Looks like the only incentives for the 2010 sienna is the 1.9 financing for 60 months. Has anyone heard if they're going to do anything more with their Thanksgiving Toyotathon sales coming up?
    Just sitting back waiting, like many others.
  • rgrorgro Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for a 2009 or 2010 Sienna (LE or XLE) with EVP 3 (going to this package b/c want rear entertainment system). Limited supply here in DC metro area on 2009 especially if you want the RES.

One option is to put in the DVD system on a used LE, but not comfortable doing this -- has anyone had a after market DVD system installed? And if so what did you pay?

Second option was to go with XLE. Got a quote for the 2010 XLE with EVP 3 for 28,779 -- is this a good price? Does not include TTL.

R
  • rgrorgro Member Posts: 3
    On the Sienna you can take advantage of $750 customer cash or 0% APR for 36 months and 1.9% for 60 months.
    well. on the main homepage, there's only 0% apr for 36 month, 3.9 for 48 and higher.
    where can you see 750 cashback?
  • krishkrish Member Posts: 24
    Here is Fitzmall's price for XLE EVP3+17" Wheels+Fog lamps package+ Parking assist + Carpet & Protector : Internet Price: $29,041.00

Are you getting 1.9% with that price or does that price includes any other rebate ?

I am also looking for XLE + EVP 3 in Charlotte region. Has anyone bought recently in that region ?
    I put in a Jensen with a huge 12" DVD screen for $900 installed. Circuit City did it, of course they've gone out of business now.

When I looked a factory-equivalent 7-8" screen ran about $600, but I decided to splurge. The kids love it, and at 12" you can actually watch from the 3rd row without straining your eyes.

It does block the rear view a bit, but the Sienna has huge side mirrors.
  • krishkrish Member Posts: 24
    Edmunds.com > 2010 Sienna > Incentives & Rebates.

Enter your zip code, it lists the available rebates.
    For Central Atlantic region:
    $750 cash to Customers OR
    0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months

For South East region:
    $1000 cash to Dealers OR
    0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months
    Depends on the region, not all customers will be able to get that incentive.
  • redcoatredcoat Member Posts: 1
    My wife and are are looking to purchase our first Toyota Sienna. We've always been an American brand family so we have no idea about this market, so I'm looking for some help.

We've found a 2006 LE at a local dealership with 41,000 miles on it certified (7yr 100k power train warranty) and they are asking $17,500. I looked at NADA and KBB to get an idea on what the dealership paid to get the car.

Obviously I'm not going to pay asking price, but I have know idea how much these things sell for. American cars tend not to hold their retail value as well :) Is this car really worth that much?
    Can anyone guide what typical requirements are to qualify for zero % or low APR?

e.g. FICO score ? or income ? or down payment, etc?

-s
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You would have to decide whether depreciation is a big factor in car choice. If you buy and intend to keep the car for 100k miles then everything depreciates badly. Choose the best value. If you figure on trading in 3-5 years and put limited miles on your van then the brand makes a big difference. The price of used cars is very high in relation to new cars. If you don't need leather and moonroofs, there are nicely equipped new vehicles for reasonable prices. Stay open re the brand. There are detractors for every brand but fact is that the odds are in your favor re reliability no matter which van you choose. Check the base prices for base odyssey's, siennas, sedonas,routans etc. check deals available from overstock etc and compare to the price of used models. Do your research and buy what YOU want.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    You should also be able to find an 08 with under 30k miles for that price. Do the search engine thing --cars.com-autotrader-ebay.
  • toyotabuyer2toyotabuyer2 Member Posts: 8
    I got a quote for sienna le 8 passenger with package 2 (no alloy wheels)
    for $25500 in N.California it includes destination.
    Is it a reasonable price?