Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Sienna Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Go to this thread:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee9c851/38881#MSG38881

Ask what they think the dealer paid for that van. Several dealers hang out in that thread, many who buy cars at auction all the time.

Tell them its CPO because it does cost the dealer more to recondition and certify it (and get that 7/100 warranty), so don't expect to pay what the dealer paid. It'll be $2 grand or so more than they paid, I'm guessing.

Good luck.
  • sipaksipak Member Posts: 8
    For incentive below...

Can anyone guide what typical requirements are to qualify for zero % or low APR?
    e.g. FICO score ? or income ? or down payment, etc?

Also, can cash to dealer be negotiated for reduced price on top of zero % or low APR promotion?
    -s

> Edmunds.com > 2010 Sienna > Incentives & Rebates.

> Enter your zip code, it lists the available rebates.
    > For Central Atlantic region:
    > $750 cash to Customers OR
    > 0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months

> For South East region:
    > $1000 cash to Dealers OR
    > 0% APR for 36 months or 1.9% APR for 60 months
  • noblekingnobleking Member Posts: 2
    My local dealer is offering employee pricing. Any idea how much savings this really is?
    Hello,
    I am getting a quote of about 25000 + tag ($150 and tax) with LE#2 and alloy wheels for LE 8 passenger siena . Dealer says that he needs to custom order it and to do that I need to close the deal and put some refundable advance to him. Delivery will be in a week to to 10 days.

Q1. What is your comment on price with above options.

Q2. Is it normal to go through ordering/advance as above if exact color/configuration is not available in hand?

Please advice asap.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Depends on which employees-dealership or Toyota?
  • toyotabuyer2toyotabuyer2 Member Posts: 8
    I am in N.California and for a similar van with no alloy wheels I got a lowest quote
    for 25300 + tax and fees. I think with alloy wheels you are getting a good deal
    but probably it depends on the location.
    Where is the dealership located in ?
  • noblekingnobleking Member Posts: 2
    Dealership pricing is what they are offering. Which I am assuming isn't as good as toyota employees.
    just closed - LE 8 passenger EVP#3, Alloy Wheels, Toyoguard, Mats

27200 (all inclusive) + tag transfer (119) + tax 1632 + 80 (Doc fee)

With 0% APR in South FL.

What you guys say about deal? Bad? Good? OK?

-s :confuse:
  • dsmguydsmguy Member Posts: 23
    Purchased a 2010 XLE Fwd over the weekend.
    MSRP 32,705 with these options
    EVP#2
    Fog Lamp
    JBL speaker
    floor mat/door sill
    17" wheels
    Got it for $30,000 plus tax, title, license
    I believe invoice on the vehicle was around $29,087 but throw in the factory advertising charges, etc, then the invoice was around 29,800.

Took me a while but basically emailed a few dealers in the area (Iowa) and gave them a list of options and said I was gathering quotes from dealers and was going with the lowest one. The Des Moines dealership won out. The Iowa City dealership didn't even want to deal with me. Long story on that one but basically emailed their GM and asked why bother having an internet department if they're not willing to provide quotes via email??

Hope this helps anyone else looking and good hunting!!
  • rosemeaddriverrosemeaddriver Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2010 Sienna LE 8 passengers , package (QF, CF, TO, RL) + Destination Charges = $25,500 (before tax and fees) at South Coast Toyota on Sat 11/21/2009. Btw, thanks Tommy for the post of your purchase on 11/1/09.
  • rosemeaddriverrosemeaddriver Member Posts: 4
    thanks for your post, I got an identical one as you at the same price at South Coast Toyota in Costa Mesa. Appreciate that! My OTD price is a little higher though since I am from LA county.

wse123wrseds Nov 02, 2009 (10:28 pm):
    on 11/1/09, i bought a 2010 sienna, LE 8 pass. w/ evp #2, tow, mats... msrp 28k, sales price 25.5k, 28.2k OTD. south coast toyota in Orange County Ca.
  • buffettologiebuffettologie Member Posts: 3
    Found a 2006 XLE Limited with 60K miles that seems to be in good repair. It was on eBay and I negotiated over email with the seller to agree on $18K. Is 60K miles too many to be sinking this much money into? I feel like the price is about in line with what it's "worth" (lots of eBay listings where they go for b/t $18K and $19K, most with higher reserves that don't sell) but I don't want to spend that much and be sinking lots of money into car repairs. I've read about the engine sludge in the 04 and 05 models but not much in 06. Any thoughts?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    If you take your time and check cars.com and autotrader you can do much better. Same price but 1/3 the miles. Search any distance from your zip. Price 15-20k. Saw an 09 le for under 20k with low miles. Check by miles then price etc. Have fun.With cheap airfares fly in and drive home.
  • rlmiller9rlmiller9 Member Posts: 48
    I did a quick search of ended listings on ebay and found that of the 7 finished listings only one had actually ended. That tells me that what sellers on ebay are trying to get the public is not wanting to pay.

I think the best measure would be to use edmunds and get the appraisal values. Most appraisal calculators will give 3 values, retail, private party, and wholesale. IMO the value you should use is wholesale for an ebay sale, not retail and not private party. That should give you an indication of the value. I did not do that but you can easily and should.

You should also do a carfax before sinking that kind of $ into a car that you have not seen.
    Might also look locally via craigslist.
  • opie1000opie1000 Member Posts: 9
    There is a certain configuration that I am interested in but that is not available everywhere. Do Toyota dealers frequently obtain a vehicle from another dealer on customer request? I'd rather not travel four hours to buy a new car if my local dealer can get it in a swap or something. Thoughts?
  • drm000drm000 Member Posts: 3
    I recently purchased a 2010 XLE with package #4 in Atlanta for $30,950 drive out before tax & title ($21).

I spent a lot of time looking at both the Sienna and Odyssey but the pricing difference in Atlanta for the same options (minus a few minor things each way) is between $3,500 and $4,000.

I've had it for a few days now and really like all the additional features, color is Silver Shadow Pearl. A very sharp looking car with good acceleration and a quiet ride.

The buying experience was easy starting with various internet quotes, I found a dealer that was about $1,000 less than any other local dealer.
  • drm000drm000 Member Posts: 3
    The dealer can definitely swap cars out. I was looking at some different options and they were willing to get one about 3 1/2 hours away at no additional charge to me for that.
    Booya! Great deal. :shades:
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    Congratulations. Looks like a great deal. Do you know the invoice price (including the options that you chose). Other than package #4, did you choose anything else?
  • jrod406jrod406 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a Silver Pine Mica XLE in Milwaukee with
    Pkg #3
    Fog lights
    Mats
    Tow Package

MSRP=$32,590
    My price=29,678 + tax and title
    Bought a Sienna LE 8 Passenger with Package # 2 in N.California
    for 24977+ tax on 11/25/09 with 1.9% APR for 60 months.
  • sameer08sameer08 Member Posts: 3
    Invoice price is fake, the dealers get a better price and still make money if they sell at invoice price. This was confirmed by a ex-Toyota employee who bought a highlander before he quit.
  • yqinyqin Member Posts: 3
    can you share the dealership name? The lowest I can get here in bay area is 25228. Thanks.
    I bought from Marin Toyota, San Rafael.
    Dublin Toyota gave me a quote for $24988 but they did not have
    the color I wanted.
  • ntuntu Member Posts: 9
    2010 AWD, Limited Edition with Options Package #2

MSRP is $41220

Current offer is $500 over invoice, $38,300 + tax, license,etc.

There are no rebate incentives in California.

Thoughts?
  • sly2009sly2009 Member Posts: 1
    You got a great deal, congrats! Did you get any other options besides the #4 package? Did you also get the 0% financing with your great deal?
  • jaybuyingacarjaybuyingacar Member Posts: 1
    Atlanta GA area. With fog lamp, 17-In 7-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels, and few other little options. OTD 29K plus taxes & title. Good or average deal?
    Sounds good to me. That was a $29k van without taxes when I was shopping.
  • bmlk1bmlk1 Member Posts: 4
    Is 2008 Sienna LE 8 Used Car with 52K miles (looks to be in a good condition) with a price of $16,000 (final price which I need to pay for, so includes tax and fees already) a good deal? Please advise!

Btw, when people refer to OTD price, does it include tax and fees?

Thanks!
    It should, OTD = out the door, all fees and taxes paid.

How on earth did they get 52k miles on a 2008? :D

Price is low for the year, high for the miles, so it must be fair.
  • bmlk1bmlk1 Member Posts: 4
    It was a rental car. Would this make it a better or worst deal?
  • aprajithaaprajitha Member Posts: 19
    Now that 2011 Sienna is gonna be available in 3 months, can we expect a sharp drop in 2010 Sienna.. How many are waiting to buy the 2011 model
  • krishkrish Member Posts: 24
    Thanks for the link. The new one looks much better than the current one.
  • cracoviancracovian Member Posts: 337
    Don't expect any significant price drop beyond the standard 3-4K off the MSRP. The new model will be built in January and the inventories of the old model are already relatively low.

Add (probably slightly higher) MSRP for the new model it will be flying out the door for and the difference will be substantial between new and old as is without any additional discounts.

I personally like this redesign a lot but I really expected a hybrid option instead of the underpowered four-cylinder engine that burns almost as much gas as the unchanged V6...
  • s2kmr2s2kmr2 Member Posts: 28
    I have been eyeing fitzmall.com's prices daily on the XLE 7 pass FWD with EVP 1 and 3. In fact, the EVP 1 package just increased today by about 300 or 400 dollars. It has been creeping up since the beginning of November. I had an old print out from early Nov and it was priced at around 27,300 then it went up to about 27,700 and now it's just over 28,000.
    Not as good, rentals lose value more quickly than normal.

It's the cheapest way to get in a nearly new 2008, though.

Tough call. Good luck either way.
    I'd still get the V6, don't get me wrong.

But let's keep in mind they said the price would be lower for the big 2.7l 4 banger. Mileage is +1 mpg city and +2 mpg highway.

The V6 is already so good it's hard to make any improvements at all.

If they really can lower the price, the 2.7l Sienna could compete with the Mazda5, Kia Rondo, and Dodge Journey. I think it would kill those, no offense to any of those brands (I own a Miata).
    Keeping the msrp low isn't the whole story. Those other cars have decent discounts. Don't look for any deals when the 2011's hit the showroom. Will take a while for any price drops from msrp. The loaded siennas will be in the low 40's with awd even more. Nicely equipped -- leather- roof- premium pack- mid to upper 30's. The base models should be mid to upper 20's. Lots of options. Won't be in the market for a few years -- hope the hype has settled and honda and nissan have their new models on sale to compete.
  • redpearlredpearl Member Posts: 14
    Miles are high but it is a Toyota and hopefully the rental agency followed a prescribed maintenance program.
    Highway vs city miles will make a difference in regards to brake wear, etc.
    Will the seller allow a 3rd party inspection?
    Car Fax?

The interior and exterior condition are probably cleaner than my 2009 since most agencies clean them up between rentals.

I recommended that my son purchase a 1991 Camry with 30K miles in 1994. He still has it today.
    The update is very impressive, MUCH more than I expected to be honest.

So you're probably right, transactions prices will be higher. No doubt. MSRP will also likely be higher.

When an LE gets a backup cam and a power hatch and 2 power doors, it may arguably be worth a lot more, though.

I'm very impressed with the update. All I really expected was the 6 speed, and big whoop, the 5 speed has been more reliable.
    I agree that the 2011 is impressive. I also saw a pic of the proposed new nissan quest and will be looking at both. If honda does a redo on the odyssey -- add that to the list as well in a few years.
  • inspectoringinspectoring Member Posts: 102
    :mad:
    No discounts on the 2011? I am mad....I am really banking on the fact that I may be able to get one for about 1000 over the invoice...I don't want to pay anymore?

Is that how all new car launches are?
  • alex46015alex46015 Member Posts: 12
    Has anyone met this situation? I asked quotes from a dealer in email, He didn't want to write down anything in email, just wanted to talk. I called him two weeks ago. He gave me a good price(286.500+TTL) with 0%APR for 36 months, Because his word was not very confirmed about 0% APR for 36 months, and the talk was interrupted by a customer. I ask him to confirm the quotes in email. Today I got his call, He said if I make decision on phone today right now, that means I give him credit to deposit, he can give me good price. The price is $27640 +TTL paid in cash.
    Is there any trick over there, any suggestion are welcome. Thanks,
    Just wait 6-12 months and your dreams may come true.
  • nobonobo Member Posts: 305
    Discounts will depend on the dealer, and how badly he wants to sell a vehicle. Will probably be a regional thing, just as better pricing on the 2010 is in some areas.
    Depends on just how much demand there is.

Remember how long the Ody commanded full MSRP? My cousin bought a 2002 model and paid full MSRP for hers. 2 years later you could buy an EX-L for the price she paid on a plain LX.

Depends on demand, supply, and what the actual prices are.

I was shocked by the long list of upgrades, and I would be just as shocked if you can deal down that far in the first few months or so.
  • kanzoskanzos Member Posts: 6
    I just received an offer for 2010 Sienna XLE with EVP1/LF/AW/FE with 0% financing for $27500 + TTL. Any thoughts on this offer? I think it is pretty decent deal but wanted to see if anybody did better than this.
  • opie1000opie1000 Member Posts: 9
    Did you use Toyota financing? I'm finding that dealers agree to a price but then want to jack it up $1000 if I choose to use their 1.9% financing.
  • alex46015alex46015 Member Posts: 12
    It is great price if you can get with 0% APR for 36 months! So far, I can get $27780 for EVP #2 with LF/CF paid in cash.
  • tekkamakitekkamaki Member Posts: 23
    I would by all means exploit the regional Supply / demand differences, they really do effect price and quite honestly it is pretty cheap to ship a car.

Wish we could afford a new Sienna or Odyssey, but the price is too steep for us right now. I live in the Pacific NW and there is huge demand for the Siennas and Odysseys. On the used market the cars list for well over KBB retail. I am in the process of getting a Certified 07 Sienna CE from a dealer out of California with only 40k miles on it for under Nada or KBB trade- in- value.

That car would sell for retail book up here since they seem to go out the door quickly when a dealer has a nice one. Its another story in Southern California where unemployment is sky high and Siennas are sitting on the car lots.

I used Authority Car Concierge Service to negotiate our deal and take care of the details including shipping. Even after their fees and shipping costs we are 2 or 3 thousand ahead. Not to mention I did not have to deal with the haggling hassle. Using somebody like this makes an interstate car buy easily do-able and while I haggle pretty well - these guys are pro's and they know the car business.

I read about Authority in the Edmounds tips and advice section. Just say'in its really good to have somebody working on your team to get you the best deal with less stress.

By the way, here is my deal-
    07 Toyota Certified Seinna CE with 40k miles - 14,950
    Shipping to my house in the Seattle area was a hair over $500.