Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Regal

Comments

• davidtddavidtd Member Posts: 3
    Well guys, I've been lurking and reading and when all I can find bad about a car is a dash rattle, I figure it must be a good one. Needed a 4 door as we are expecting our first child. Damn, I may have to by the wife a car now. LOL

Anyway, bought a slightly used 00 with 4500 miles, a program car. Checked and zero warranty work on car. Dealer was really good. When I test drove the car I noticed a bit of pulsation in the brakes. I got new rotors and pads all around. Car is loaded, black w/ gray leather and the polished wheels. Man I really like it.

So, what kind of mods are out there for these things?

David
  • yurakmyurakm Member Posts: 1,345
    It probably does not matter if Acura TL-S is slightly slower than Regal GS or the opposite.

Faster cars definitely exists. Several sport cars, including some trims of not very expensive Camaro, Firebird, Mustang - all with V-8. Several luxury cars, also with 8 and 12 cylinder engines, like BMW 540. And, of course, Corvette, Viper, etc...

Any case, GS and the twin, GP GTP, have better acceleration than most other cars on the roads. I believe, in this respect GS is better than 95% of cars, if not 99%.
  • jackjtjackjt Member Posts: 178
  • armtdmarmtdm Member Posts: 2,057
    After 5 years of good ole trouble free (never seeing a dealer) service from two Maximas I decided to get this Buick GSE. Well, at 1500 miles it is going in for its second oil leak plus the low tire pressure light is out of whack. This should not happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Really really dissapointed
  • pjonkheerpjonkheer Member Posts: 22
    I feel your pain armtdm...

I have a '99 GSE with about 11k miles on it. I have nothing but problems with it. I have had to the dealership at least a dozen times. Probably more...
  • peufanpeufan Member Posts: 53
    Yikes!!!!

Sorry to hear of the irritations you have
    experienced. Unless most of us are too
    sheepish to say so, it seems the most
    serious and frequent problem seems to be
    that blasted rattling dash.

Hopefully it will stay that way.

armtdm....

As for the low pressure light for the tire;
    my wife came home with the car last night
    with the low tire light on.

Can you elaborate on your experience with it.

I haven't taken a reading on the tires yet, but
    to the naked eye (like that's accurate....) they
    all look ok.
  • pjonkheerpjonkheer Member Posts: 22
    Yeah, my dash never stops rattling. I also continually get a squeaking noise from under the firewall somewhere. Very annoying. Has anyone gotten the dealer to fix these kinds of problems? What course of action can I take?
  • mgosniowskimgosniowski Member Posts: 1
    for those of you that have the problem with the tire pressure light coming on there is a fuse panel on the passenger side of the vehicle when the door is open. Remove the panel and there will be a red reset button, that is to reset the tire pressure light. I know this because mine went off a few times and my tire pressure was fine. I have 74k on my AS and am on my 2nd tranny. I am bringing it on this Wednesday because now I have an electrical problem where something is constantly draining the battery. Next my tranny I think is also going again. It is not shifting correctly. Just to make things better my as light has come on now. I hadn't had this many problems with a car ever. I went from driving and acura legend to this. I tell you ride in the GS is great, but I will definitely not buy another American product. before my acura I had two maximas that were maintinence free. I think its time to go back to the imports. I gave the american product a try and it has failedbadly. I also know that there is a string of tranny problems with this car, so whoever owns it good luck.
    Mark
  • rcarbonircarboni Member Posts: 290
    Just had my low tire light come on last week. Tires looked fine, but when I checked - sure enough - the right rear was down to about 25psi. Reset the light with the red reset button mentioned above. BTW, you have to have the ignition in the run position to perform the reset.

FWIW (not much I'm sure), and to give an opposite perspective, the two worse vehicles I've owned were a Honda Civic and a Mitsu (Dodge) Conquest. The GS (and my previous '95 Regal - 140,000 miles at trade-in and still solid) has been quite a pleasant surprise over those tin cans. The only American vehicle I ever owned that had any serious problem was an '82 Mustang GT (first year bugs I guess). Although I must say that for the average driver that doesn't know the difference between a PCV and a PCM, you can't beat the foreign disposables. They seem to have a lot more tolerance when maintenance is lax.

armtdm,
    I hope they solve your problems quickly, so you get to think about what a blast these are to drive instead of regretting your decision.
    had two problems on delivery:

1. The complicated electrical switch (in the steering wheel, controlled by the single stick) was defective and disengaged cruise control every time when turning headlights on/off. Also disengaged it sometimes when using turn signals.

2. A left dash cover is loose and rattle, especially on marginal quality pavements.

The first defect was fixed under warranty - dealer simply replaced the switch. The service adviser refused to fix dash rattle, but after I complained, the service manager called me and offered to test-drive with him. It was almost 3 months ago, but I did not have time to do this yet. After all, this is just a small nuisance.

Additionally, the A/C fan is a notch more noisy than I would prefer. The fan grills are rattling a bit. I believe, this is not a production defect, just not ideal. Also, hard to send the air flow from the vents to the right direction.

I am very touchy in the department, and the only fan I really like was at rental car, Pontiac GrandAm. Industrial-looking, almost ugly, but very efficient: could point the air stream exactly where I want, and no noise from the vents.

Had no more problems with GS after almost 6 month / 5600 miles winter driving. Of course, the car is still too new for geriatric troubles, but the infant illness would already show.

I would say the car itself is very good. But the service is hard to tolerate with my dealer.
  • aguyindenveraguyindenver Member Posts: 10
    After quite a bit of research, and then a two month search for what would become my next vehicle, I have finally purchased a 98 Regal GS. Yes, as of this Saturday I'm now a proud member of the Regal "club"!

It occured to me that after lurking for so long on this board I should drop in and say "hi!" to all you folks whose discussions have both helped and entertained me while I conducted my search.

For anyone interested, my Regal is two-tone green/gray with taupe interior and about 25,000 miles on it. Overall the car is very sharp and (apparently) in great condition. The dealer agreed to remove a strange stain from the rear seat and to replace a leaking oilpan gasket (sure am glad I asked him to put it on the lift so I could check for such things!).

I feel I got a very good deal on this car and am curious to hear anyone's opinion. The car was basically $13,988. When the dealer charge and tax were added it came to a total of about $14,550 (don't have the exact figure with me). I should add that I also ran a Carfax report on it and nothing unusual came up.

I am very delighted with the car at this point! Have you seen that commercial where the guy is out at 3:00 in the morning opening the garage door to gawk at his new car - because he can't believe it's his? As embarrassed as I am to say it, that's me all over!

I don't know when or if my enthusiasm will wane (after all its only been 2 days!), but I will try keep all posted on developments with my new baby, good or bad.
    Yesterday took a 140 miles spin around Connecticut, without any reason or goal, just for pleasure. 3 hours including sightseeing and fast food. North from Hamden, route 15 and I-91 to route 3 (just South of Hartford), then South-East by routes 2 and I-395, West by I-95, 81 and 80, North by route 17 and 22, and three exits back by route 15.

About 2/3 of mileage was on highways, mostly with moderate traffic - light in places, but almost heavy on I-95. About 1/3 mileage by 2-lane rural roads. Connecticut is a hilly place, with a lot of inclines/declines and turns on the roads.

Fueled immediately before trip, and refueled immediately after. To better measure the fuel consumption, fueled and refueled at the same gas pump. Run the 140 miles on 5.58 gallons, i.e. 25 mpg. I believe, this corresponds well with the estimated 27 mpg for the ideal highway conditions.
    Congratulations!
    On one hand, I'm glad you got such a great deal - congrats! On the other hand, I'm not so happy about the fact that my GS might be worth 10K less at 25,000 miles! ;)
    The depreciation is normal for the 3-year old car:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/1998/buick/regal/4drgssprchgdsedan.html#price

more like $12k loss when trading-in. But the car mileage is low.

When calculating lease payments, even GMAC assumes about 50% depreciation for Regal after 36 month / 36k miles. I forgot, was it 49% or 51%. For other W-body cars the depreciation is even worse.

Just for information: GM offers good deals currently on new Regal and Century.

This morning received a e-mail message from Buick, offering a $400 coupon toward a new 2001 Buick, if it will be bought this week. On top of the current $1000 rebate and/or most other available incentives. Cannot be combined with other Internet or direct-mail coupons, though.

For me this is not relevant: already bought a new Regal in October. The second car, a 98 Malibu, with 39k miles, also is fairly new.

Though, it may be useful for the readers who are planing the purchase. FYI, the Internet coupon is available here:

http://www.buick.com/promotions/spring-incentives/regal.html

I used your link and appraised a '98 with all options and 25K miles. The dealer selling price came out to $16,300. Made me feel a little better.
    Have one and love it! No problems and handles like a dream.
  • BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    FWIW,...Took a drive last weekend from Santa Barbara to Palm Springs and back to Los Angeles (2000 GS, driving 65-80 MPH). Filled up prior to the drive and upon my return home in L.A. After 357 miles, the car achieved a respectable 27.9 MPG (the DIC showed 28.3). I had expected 25.5 MPG. I'm sure the 80% use of cruise control contributed a couple MPG to the total.

After 4,500 miles, I have no complaints. But..the dealer did have to replace the EGR valve after 520 miles. It was a painless inconvenience for the dealer gave me an Ultra to use for the 1/2 day the car was in the shop.

..and one last thing. Am I the only one who feels that the back end of the Regal is just too light to take twisty roads aggressively?! We also have a 2000 DTS and I find that FWD car much easier to drive aggressively on winding roads (having little fear the back end will let loose). As an experiement, I put 6 cases of bottled water in the trunk of the Regal (weight: 210 lbs) and went driving along Mulholland (here in L.A.). I found the Regal to be easier to control with the added weight in the back. Am I the only one who feels the car is just too light in the 'butt'? Is there something mechanically that can be done..Does a large amount of blame get placed on the GoodYear LS tires?? Or am I stuck with bottled water taking up valuable trunk space. :)
    When I first test-drove Regal, couple of months before buying, there was a strong rain. I turned aggressively, stamping on gas, and the car fish-tailed somewhat.

Did not repeat this since. Of course, there is a huge difference between our states: CT is hilly, but not mountainous as CA.

Of course, tires are important. After changing tires at my other car, Chevrolet Malibu, I am turning about 15mph faster on dry pavement, more on wet. Replaced the touring Affinity tires by performance Firehawk SH-30. Limiting factor is driver comfort. The Eagle LS are much better than Affinity, but no match for SH-30.

210 lbs in trunk, probably, is somewhat too much. The car manual says something about the permissible weight.
    Agree the rear is too light for severe twisties. If the Regal were a RWD car we would be able to handle it much easier. From what I have read, the LS tires do have much to do about the handling and a good replacement would help. Tire discussions have appeared opn this board; you might want to dial back a few weeks and check it out.

AguyinD---congrats on your purchase. The GS is a great car and fun to drive. Since you are about 23000 miles ahead of me, I'll be interested in what your experiences will be as the GS ages! Enjoy!
  • aguyindenveraguyindenver Member Posts: 10
    After 3 days with my 98 GS, I've only discovered two relatively minor problems that I didn't notice at purchase. First, I can't seem to reset the trip odometer - the reset button doesn't do it (don't suppose I would actually read the manual for how to do these things, do you?). Second, the front-side passenger power door lock sticks - i.e., it typically takes 2 or 3 button pushes to make it unlock.

For those of you talking about rattles, etc.: Haven't noticed any dashboard area rattles. We did notice a brake pedal squeak at the dealer, but its completely gone now. I am very pleased with the overall sound level in the cabin - pretty much as I experienced with all previous tests drives.

My first commute in the car this morning was glorious! First mileage for the trip - S.W Denver to Boulder (mostly highway but with periods of stop-start rush hour traffic) was 25.0 mpg, according to the monitor.

Had my chance to fill up with 91 premium for the first time - that kinda stings!

In other news, I know there has been a fair amount of discussion here regarding tires. Can anyone quickly remind me what the stock tires are? I have Goodyear Eagles and don't know if they're original. Thanks.

One final cost issue: I got about what I was expecting in terms of insurance costs. After looking at the insurance institute's claims numbers, I expected relatively low insurance cost since the Regal had at or near the lowest claims rates for all cars in its class. We will be paying only about $100 more (/6mos) than our 1988 New Yorker for the exact same coverage. Keep in mind I am comparing a 13 y/o car with a 3 y/o car.
    The OEM tires for Regal GS are Goodyear Eagle LS.
    Re: your problems, they all seem like minor ones that the dealer should fix. I'll warn you on the trip odometer, I had a 95 ford whose trip odometer didn't work. To fix it required a completely new speedo that costs around ?????? $250 installed (foertunately it was covered under an extended warranty). So I'd advise you to get on that dealer asap re the odometer.

Good Luck and happy you are enjoying the machine!
    What can I say guys, I really like this car. It is a blast to drive and I mean blast. Only two problems I have found in my short ownership. Left fog lamp doesn't work. I replaced the bulb but still no light. And I have the same problem I saw posted earlier. Cruise cancels everytime I use my right turn signal.

A couple of questions too. I have traction control. Does it really work. Last night I launched in a hurry and I spun the left front tire (turning left) for a long while. Should I have the dealer look at it or is this normal?

First tank was just under 25 mpg (calculated)which considering I was playing a bunch, I felt was good. Current tank shows 27 or so with more normal driving. Is the computer pretty accurate? And next, what is the max boost? My Cummins will generate 32psi of turbo boost and I kinda laugh when I have a 7.2 psi here. That is all I have been able to generate.

Thanks
    David
    In yesterday for the second time on the oil leak (now 1,500 miles ). The dye and black light they say could not detect where it was coming from, they saw the oil but just not sure where it is coming from. Low tire pressure light, they feel due to a valve being loose in the stem. Will see. Service rep very nice but dissapointing that the problem has not been solved. Perhaps I should not have left a copy of my states's LEMON LAW on the front seat, they obvioulsy saw it!

Salesman called to apologize for the problems as well. This could be a great car, I just want to not have leaks and non maintenance items to deal with. Seems to be using oil too although with the leak it is too early to tell. I was bothered by the fact that everyone in the waiting room in service was over 65. Buick and Cadillac sure do have an image problem with younger consumers!
    Basically, a diesel is already able to handle high compression, and doesn't have the limitation of detonation as gas-powered engines do. Therefore, you typically see higher boost figures on larger turbo-diesel engines. Also, the translation of boost to power is quite different from diesel to gas, as well as from turbo to supercharger. If you somehow managed to run 32psi on the 3.8L V6 using a supercharger, you might well exceed 1000hp. Some turbo GN's on the other hand will push psi to 30, and still only generate 500-something hp. (Yeah, ONLY he says!)

The max rating for the GS is around 8psi, but you can swap out the s/c pulley for a smaller diameter unit and increase the boost to about 11psi. I wouldn't go any higher unless you install an intercooler, or make other modifications.
  • badgertombadgertom Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to trade in my 1997 Olds Cutlass. I use my car for work (appx. 36k/year).

I was directed towards a 2000 Buick Regal LS (w/o leather seats and no supercharged engine). This car is loaded. It is a GM Executive driven vehicle w/ less than 6k miles. The dealer is offering it to me for $17.9k.

I would appreciate any feedback on this vehicle especially putting on very high highway miles.
    1. You wrote: Cruise cancels everytime I use my right turn signal.

The "universal" stalk (turn signals/high beam/cruise/wipers...) behind the steering wheel is connected to an electrical switch. The switch is located inside the steering column. It is rather complicated, and therefore prone to defects. First place to look with your problem.

I had the same problem, only with high beams. Every time I blinked to pass, cruise control dropped. The turn signals disengaged cruise too, but at random: often but not every time.

The dealer replaced the switch under warranty, and I had no problem with cruise since. The work itself took several hours.

The switch is expensive, and my dealer did not have it in storage. He need to order it. Probably, the same with your dealer.

It is very important to verify that the part is already received before let mechanics to start disassemble the steering column. Otherwise you will be without your car for longer time, possibly for several days, till the dealer will receive the switch. It happened with me, even while the timing of appointment was set when they expected to have the part

BTW, you can get idea about the switch pricing here:

http://store.yahoo.com/electronman/roscruiscon.html

It looks as the stalk/switch costs more than the cruise control unit itself. $250 vs. $160.

2. I spinned wheels couple of times. The light "low traction" (or something of this kind) appeared on the dash, but I did not feel the traction control.

I appreciate the info. Will make sure the dealer has part in hand before they break out the tools.

I saw the link for power upgrades. Do you feel the pulley is a good addition to the car? Forced induction is just way cool. My wife just shakes her head at me. I've got my Cummins up to about 300 RWHP and 700 lbs RWTQ. When I told her AFTER I bought the car for her that I was sure we could tweak it since it had a SC, I got "the look"!! LOL

My truck group is making a trip to the strip next Friday for some testing. Since I am not running my truck due to a clutch that is not strong enough for the abuse, I might just have to make a couple of passes in the wife's grocery getter. Good for a baseline anyway. ;)
    I did not modify my GS. Too new - less than 6000 on odometer - and, additionally, I do not feel it to be slow :-)

Though, I read about available modifications. Most of them are marketed primary for Grand Prix GTP - the same powertrain, the same lower body, and a lot of common parts. So, you can find a lot of links here:

http://www.grandprix.net/links/

It looks that some modifications cannot hurt. In my list, the first would be better brakes: 12 inch front rotors, and pads. Replacing oil and the transmission liquid by synthetic also would not hurt, as well as to install a big transmission liquid radiator. And, if you want to modify engine, this is necessary: it looks as the transmission barely can cope with the power from a stock engine.

I, probably, would not replace the pilley. This is not street-legal. But SLP is selling some street-legal stuff: cold air package ($200) and exhaust ($350). $50 or so less when on sale.

http://www.slponline.com/main.asp

• barneyeabarneyea Member Posts: 20
    Just completed a trip from Central Texas to Nashville and return. Computer read-out indicated 30 mpg several times. Actual was in the 29 mpg... did not record each fill-up or average total trip. Speed was mostly interstate with some small speed burst just for fun. Since the weather was almost cold, I used regular grade gas for the entire trip. I had posted after Thanksgiving an average of 27.6 for a trip to California and return. The car is a '98 GS with 36k miles.
  • peufanpeufan Member Posts: 53
    In your internet "travels", have you seen any
    Xenon or superbright headlights available
    for the Regal?

I've seen a Sylvania "cool blue" bulb at Napa
    auto parts, but got the impression it wasn't really that much brighter than what we already
    have.

Would love to pump up the brightness.
    "Blue" bulbs are available at Pep Boys, and costs about $30 for pair. Did not check, though, if they fit Regal.

"The real things" Xenon headlights, as installed on MB and other luxury cars, are very expensive. I had read they costs more than thousand dollars. This is crazy.

Any case, I would rather avoid the bright lamps. Especially if they are not installed at factory.

First, for the sake of common civility. I do not like to be brightened, and do not want to brighten anybody myself.

Second, the lamps probably will attract unnecessary attention. Including the attention of law enforcement. Weather and traffic permitting, I often drive 10 mph above the posted speed limit. This is rather common in CT, and New England in general, but still not strictly legal...
  • BushwackBushwack Member Posts: 258
    Sounds like $17.9 is a fair deal for a 2000 LS w/ 6,000 on the odometer (considering the car is loaded). Buying the car new, you'd probably get it for $22.5K. I'm not privy to the resale value of the car, but the numbers 'sound right'.
  • sailesaile Member Posts: 25
    I want/will upgrade the speakers and place a 100x4 AMP. I LIKE the stock stereo with controls but want POWER. Has anyone run into problem...ie connectors or install problems??? I see engine upgrades but no audio upgrades. Does anyone know of site that placed audio upgrades...GM, Grandprix, AM, ect???

Adios,
    Saile
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    Well, I thought that I was going to become a new member of this board because I had every intention of getting a Regal GS to replace my problem ridden, 1999 Motor Trend Car of the Year(Chrysler 300M)! However, it did not turn out that way. I accidentally visited this dealership, drove this car and ended up signing the papers! It's now in my possession since Wednesday. All I can say is WOW! Probably would have been the same price as the Regal. Sticker is $30,330 with NO options available except the Nav system for $2,000.

Take a look- http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=912729&a=12353397&p=45187678&f=0

fastdriver

Check out the Kelly blue book and Edmunds values for wholesale on this car. Offer $500-$1,000 over wholesale and see what happens. Buick dealers are really hurting so don't budge. They have to move cars, inventory is three deep in the lots.Plus, I think they also have a manufacturer incentive on 2000, like $2000 which he may not be telling you about.
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    It may not be a Regal but it is certainly a great car - and certainly in your favorite color!

Best wishes, Bob, for many miles and years of driving excitement!

Ken
    Congratulations!
    Saw all 16 pictures! Have fun.......
  • bralleybralley Member Posts: 20
    I got my 2000 LS (15K miles) in January for $17,900. Mine has leather and all that fun stuff. The economy has taken a decided downturn since then, and there was no incentive(none that I could find, anyway, and I combed the internet). My guess is that you could get yours for less if you press for it.

Good luck!
  • rhinncrhinnc Member Posts: 66
    OK. I have read the manual. Sat in the vehicle and for the life of me can not figure out how to have just ouside air come through the vents instead of conditioned air. Is it possible? 2000 GS all options.

TIA
    I am too lazy to go to parking lot for verifying, even more that it is almost 1am in New England. Though, as well as I remember, there is a special "Vent" button on the button cluster right of the temperature display. Near "Recirculation", "Rear", and "Windshield".
  • rhinncrhinnc Member Posts: 66
    You are correct, there is a vent button where you say. However, changing the temperature to the lowest setting causes the a/c to come on and the fan to speed up to turbo velocity. Seems awhile back there was comments as to defects with the controls. The car has 8K miles.

But I am dissapointed that you did not go out at 1AM and check.....NOT.

Thanks for the info.
    On mine I simply press the VENT button, no temp controls. I then push the fan button to turn the fan to lowest setting. Feels like outside air to me.
  • etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    Do not turn it all the way down to 60. This defaults the system to max cool which puts it in recirculate mode and high fan. Just use the "vent" button and select the air flow pattern and fan speed you desire. Think of the temperature control like the thermostat in your house. Set it at a certain temperature and the system will try to maintain that temp. When my father first got his Aurora, it took him forever to realize that leaving it set at 70 will cool the car just as quickly as if you turn it all the way down to 60. If it's a fairly warm day or at least the car's interior is wanr, seting it about 66 or so and pressing vent should allow the system to draw outside air in and will not warm it up and the yet the A/C compressor will stay off until you select auto.
    I played with the Vent button today.

First, I pressed it when driving, in Auto mode. The air flow direction and speed behaved as usual. Did not feel the difference comparing with driving with A/C.

Then played with controls after returning. Engine was hot after a trip, the outside temperature was 41F, while the inside one was close to my usual 71F.

First I set air flow to mid (to feel the flow by my hands), and moved Temperature setting down, with Vent on. The air that was blowing from the vents feel cold, but not very cold. More or less the same as the outside 41F.

This continued while I moved temperature setting down to 61F. Nothing changed: neither fan speed nor temperature of the blown air.

As etharmon wrote, the minimal temperature setting (60F on display) is a special case. As soon as I get here, the fan speed jumped to the maximum. Though, the air temperature still was the same not very cold - probably 41F.

Then I set Vent off. The same air flow, but the air temperature diminished very noticeable. Probably, to almost freezing.

I also played with both Vent and Auto set, with different temparature settings. It works.

So, I believe, the A/C does not work with Vent on, and started to work when I switched Vent off. Even more, Vent works together with Auto - as long as it is cool enough outside. This contradicts a bit what etharmon wrote about his father's Aurora.

Probably, when it is not very hot or wet, there is sense for me to drive with both Auto and Vent on. In CT it will be about half of year.

I also believe that the loud noise with the minimal temparature setting is from the fan itself, not from A/C compressor. The same noise as if you set high fan speed with any other temperature.

By the way, did anybody notice that the fan is somewhat noisy even at low setting (two squares on display) with air flow set to "Mid"? Though not noisy at all at the speed when pointed to floor or windshield. Probably, because the vent grill rattle a bit.
  • mwdreammwdream Member Posts: 91
    That Acura is a beautiful piece of work. I had sat in one in a showroom and drooled all over the new leather. You made a great choice. Obviously Regal GS people must recognize good taste in cars. Acura really knows how to make a luxury sports sedan. The GS could use a touch more of luxury / interior refinement, but then again for the price/performance... the GS is a good value. Afterall if I had the extra money to spend I would most likely be in that Acura too !!! very nice choice. congrats.
  • etharmonetharmon Member Posts: 399
    The TL is a nice car, but it does little to impress me. I'd personally take a loaded GS which with discounts would be thousands less than the TL which sell as pretty much full MSRP. Thats just me, Acuras do very little to get my blood going. For that price, make mine an Aurora V8 with the discounts they are now giving on Oldsmobiles.