Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda MPV

Comments

• javadocjavadoc Member Posts: 1,167
    And the topic wasn't even "Underpowered Mazda Minivans" or "Boosted Swedish Sedans."

...see what I get for sharing my knowledge? lol!

/J
  • alexv1nalexv1n Member Posts: 248
    Don't get me wrong. You know I was joking, right?
    ...of course I did!

/J
  • scarter7719scarter7719 Member Posts: 89
    Now I know why there's always a puddle of water behind the right rear tire - and an annoying rust stain forming on my garage floor, which makes me wonder...why does the condensation have rust in it and will I be looking forward to a rusted-through quarter panel someday down the road?

Yes, we're still using A/C in November!
  • maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Rust? weird...I've never seen that on mine. A/C in November? doesn't everybody? (stop throwing snowballs Javadoc) I ran mine yesterday...still a clear puddle of water: no rust.
    I've never seen rust from the van around the a/c, that is odd scarter. Could it possibly be from dirt? Clay in soil can do funky stuff, and can look like rust, so my geologist co-workers tell me. I should throw snowballs at you, if you can use a/c in November.

a hex on you maltb...

/java
  • tboner1965tboner1965 Member Posts: 647
    Could it be condensation from the rear resonator? You know, that little muffler thing back there. That may be the source of your rusty water, the exhaust system, while stainless steel, still has components inside that may rust.

Combustion and catalytic converters produce water, so that is a possible source of rusty water.

FWIW

TB
    I thought it was the muffler-looking-resonator-thing at first, but the water actually drops ahead of the tailpipe directly behind the tire. I'm fairly certain it's a/c condensation...looks like I'll have to do some further investigation, like lying under the van for 20 minutes with a flashlight while running the a/c (and hoping the wife doesn't decide to go to the store!);)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!!
  • msgjvhmsgjvh Member Posts: 196
    You better be careful. That may just be the opportunity she has been waiting for. If I were you I would tell her you have to take the van in for her one day and make her drive your car. Thats the only way I get to use the MPV. You may even want to let the air out of one of the tires and volunteer to have it fixed, if you want to use it. Hhehehehehehe

Funny how its always the drivers front tire that needs fixed huh dear?
    Oh, a flat tire routine, good one! I usually use the "I can get your van cleaned out on my lunch break, so why don't we trade cars for today?" scheme.

/J
  • billmckinleybillmckinley Member Posts: 167
    smug, as proprietor and sole owner of the MPV President McKinley, I don't gotta show nobody no stinkin' excuses. It's mine, all mine!

But a confession. Wednesday night I was out for a celebratory pre-thanksgiving dinner with my brother and sister-in-aw, who were up for the holidays from Georgia. MaryAnn was the designated driver--I confess a fault, her designation was useful-- and she drove home. That evil woman drove the heck out of the Prez. Handled it like an Indy driver, she did. And the Prez, faithless wretch that it is, practically slobbered its gratitude at her. It was sprightly, quick, confident. I had almost as much fun riding in it as she was having driving it [of course, those two perfect Manhattens I'd had before dinner might have contributed a bit to my sense of adventure]. I was really impressed at how well it behaved with four people in it--four fully figured middle-aged types. Really renewed my respect for the beast, so much so that I might someday forgive it for its perfidy at the hands of another driver.

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving with family and assorted rugrats

RJ
    There is only one problem with this flat routine. Yesterday it bit me in the [non-permissible content removed]. She had in fact been having a slow leak in the drivers front. The second in a week mind you. So I took the MPV to the tire store. You would have thought the day after T-day would have been an excellent time with everyone in the retail stores. That was a mistake. Apparently, there was a run on travelers fixing their cars. So when the clerk told me it would take 4 hours to fix the flat, I decided to put the spare on and leave the alloy for them to fix.

Well I found out this. DO NOT TRUST THE OEM JACK! The MPV almost fell off. If it hadn't been for the wheel catching the lugs, I'd be less one toe I am sure. Fortunately they let me use the floor jack and I got it straightened out. I think I will be putting the small hydrolic in today!

I did notice one thing, the spare or the tranny, one of the two, do not like each other. There is a terrible groaning noise while running on the spare. But I do get to have the MPV all weekend. Too bad it's raining, I can't open the sunroof, ;(.

Laters,

MSGJVH
  • jscan713jscan713 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all you out there,... is it better to ride with the overdrive on or off? I do mostly city driving with occasional highway. No hills or mountains in Flordia to worry about.:0)
    You will get better gas mileage with the OD engaged. Keeping it off downshifts the tranny giveing you more power (arrgggghhh) but eats up gas. I believe that is why Mazda designed it to always have the OD engaged until you push the button. Then they can claim the higher mileage to Uncle Sam.
    True, using the O/D in the "on" position (there's a light on the dash that come on when it's OFF) will give you better mileage. Some owners have been reporting using the O/D switch to help them in city or hilly driving. My local terrain isn't very hilly, so I just leave it on, except for one mountain pass when I go fishing...very steep for miles, so I take the van out of O/D for that.

/java
  • tboner1965tboner1965 Member Posts: 647
    by pressing harder on the gas pedal 8^)

Try it both ways, but I suspect the computer is smarter about when to shift than I am.

I rarely catch it at a bad time and force a hard shift. Most of my hard shifts are when I'm letting up on the throttle, so the comptuer decides to shift, at that same instant, I'm mashing into the throttle again. Guaranteed a hard, ugly shift.

I suspect I would get the same behavior, sans overdrive, since this is usually around town.

FWIW,

TB
  • bob57bob57 Member Posts: 302
    I decided to check the air filter on my 2001 - 17K miles. I saw a reference to the K&N filters, two clips to remove filter, etc.
    OK, I give up guys! There was no way on earth that the filter was going to "slide" out of the housing. I popped the clips then noticed it was bolted to part of the fender well. Then saw two wiring harnesses clipped on to the housing (we're talking about the "filter" half housing here - not the half connected to the intake on the engine). After undoing all that I saw that the housing was jammed up against the inside fender well and was blocked. I could open the housing about 1/8 inch - if I gritted my teeth. It could not move up or back or sideways. I wasn't about to disconnect everything from the other half.
    Through sweat & tears (and my wife asking me why I was cussing..the kids saying "Daddy!!) I removed the battery. I rotated eveything foward and changed the filter, rotated back, slid the intake back onto the housing - reinstalled the battery. Phew - that was easy.... :)) Ha.
    What did everyone else do to change that filter out? I've been working on cars for 48 years and never ran into anything as goofy as this - well, there was that fuel pump on a Bronco II that was almost as bad...they built the car around it.
    IIRC, there are four clips to loosen, then you pull the two halves of the airbox apart (not terribly easy/not impossible) and pull the OEM filter out. Now you can place the new filter into the opening in the airbox. The K&N filter is thinner than the OEM filter, so it s/b easier to replace.

If that doesn't help, check your email (I send you a message)

/Java
    I've always been able to separate the tops enough to squeeze the filter out. That does remind me I need to clean the K&N but first I have to buy a charging kit. Maybe I can do that today. That sounds like something I can do in the utility room where its nice and warm.

Hey, anyone going to be at the MPV Chat this afternoon? I will try if the wife doesn't drag me out of the house.

MSGJVH
  • rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    Okay, this has probably been discussed before,but whenever one of the rear windows is open and no others,there is a loud deep bass like sound,until I open one of the front windows. has anyone else experienced this?(besides Toyota Highlander drivers).
  • j2kbarlowj2kbarlow Member Posts: 89
    You've probably had your tire fixed by now, but for future reference, you should never use the MPV's spare on the front. The same is true for any FWD car due to the extra weight and the double duty that the front wheels do (steer and pull the car). It causes a misalignment while the spare is on the front, not to mention that the half shafts don't turn at the same speed. It's a pain, but you should take one of the full size wheels off the back and put the limited-service spare on the back.
  • mainsail2mainsail2 Member Posts: 77
    I noticed mild "cupping" on the middle two tread lines on my rear tires @ 21,600 miles, so I took my 2000 LX in for its 3rd rotation and balance. I also asked for a four-wheel alignment due to the problem I was having. A Hunter "state of the art" alignment machine identified rear toe-in (left rear), as the culprit for the cupping problem, but unfortunately the problem was not correctable as there is no adjustment for rear toe-in. My rear tires have been situated in the rear for 14,000 of the 21,600 miles.

Mazda's specified OK range for rear toe-in for both rear wheels is -5 degrees to +32 degrees.
    My left rear wheel is permanently set (again there is no adjustment possible) at +36 degrees; the right rear is at +5 degrees. The tire dealer who did the alignment said this situation is "rare" and that the only fix they knew of would be to install shims on the left rear. The tire dealer was not willing to do his, however, since my MPV is still under warranty and installing shims is certainly not an ideal fix on such a new vehicle.

On Saturday, I stopped by the local Mazda dealer's service department with a printout of my alignment results, the Mazda specs., etc.The service manager said he had not encountered this condition before and said he would "call the factory" for guidance and get back to me. Anybody out there have any thoughts, advice, or comments?
  • daddioof4daddioof4 Member Posts: 50
    for the posts regarding a TV/VCR combo. I know there is some post out there regarding a TV/VCR combo because I thought of buying one before we went on vacation last year. I remember one guy said he was planning on using his monitor on his camcorder. Someone posted back his concerns about it turning into a missile in the event of an accident. Anyhow, with Christmas approaching, I thought it might be a good gift for my sons to use in our basement gameroom (JUNKROOM). And do double duty as an Entertainment system in the MPV. So who out there has the combo that is usable in the MPV. What kind is it? Where to buy it. Advice about use, (securing it in the van). So on and so on. Thanks in advance for the best site on the web.
    I've got a 9" Panasonic combo. Sitting on the floor at a slight angle, it'll force fit under the front arm rests. Haven't figured out a way to secure it better yet, but i've used it more in the house (it works on AC or DC power) than in the van.
    My concern was not with the camcorder. Rather I was concerned about somebody putting a 13" TV on top of the front armrests. I think J2K has the right idea for a cheap and safe alternative.

If your kids can see the camcorder monitor, it may be easy enough to strap the tripod down for the perfect setup.
    Now, that *would* be a missle. I was thinking of using a laptop to so the same thing...13" screen and all. At only 3lbs, it weighs less than the diaper bag, so I'd not be too worried about that thing reeking (pun INtended) havoc.

/J
    I noticed that Target had the TV/VCR's in a bag for like $200 bucks. I was seriously going to get one but unfortunately they were sold out. They also had a TOTE bag for a 9' color TV/VCR combo that should work and strap safely to the seats. I know its not as good as the RSES, but for us cheapo's it may just do the trick.

BTW, I did get the tire fixed. Another nail! As for the spare on the front, I guess I will have start carrying a set of jack stands to lift both wheels off the ground. That or the road side assistance is going to get used alot more!

MSGJVH
    Thanks for the quick response everybody. I was thinking of the lap top idea also. But to get a laptop with a DVD it was around $1500 (still cheaper and more versatile than the RSES, but out of the budget). Although I did see one this week for $995. But I am still leaning towards the TV/VCR directions for a few reasons ($$, VCR collection). So, what model Panasonic is it? Does it fit Okay? How much is it? Where did you buy it? Also, anyone out there with another brand, any comments? I am about 45 minutes from the closest Walmart. Does anybody know if Walmart has anything that works in the MPV? How about jacks for a playstation, does the Panasonic have the jacks on the front?
    Not sure of the model number offhand, but it looks like this model, PV-C921, but without the FM tuner:

http://www.prodcat.panasonic.com/shop/listmodels.asp?categoryid=231

I paid around $300 for mine (Best Buy I think) and it does have A/V jacks on the front. We live in a mid-major metro area and we had a hard time finding a combo that works on AC and DC (most work on AC alone). Your best bet may be on-line to find what you want. Other models that I've seen include Emerson, Sanyo, and Samsung. Our Panasonic has served us well for almost three years now and it gets used everyday in the house.

• otishotish Member Posts: 59
    We have had this TV/VCR combo for about 4 years now that came with the power cord, etc. for the car. It is a 9 inch Symphonic (from Sams) and does not fit in the MPV well. (We used it before when we had only 1 child and would strap it into the seat next to her with a seatbelt in a different car. That worked fairly well but still probably isn't the safest way). I have been trying to get it to work in the MPV somehow but it just seems too big. I too saw the thing at Target that is supposed to work with most 9 inch TVs to attach them to the seats with a belt. I bought one and the TV fit in it fine but I still found it just too big and bulky to work. It is hard to get an angle where the kids could actually see the screen and the TV would wedge in there. It also seemed like it would interfere (or just be annoying) for the driver. I did not try it out for use by the rear seat bench though since our car seat is installed with a tether in the captains chair and I like the kids in the middle row. Anyway, this probably isn't much help except to say that it is difficult to do. The best option seems to be those smaller units that strap on to the back of a seat (our neighbors have one). There are websites/companies that I have heard of that actually rent out those units to people for trips.
  • kellyannekellyanne Member Posts: 5
    After lurking here forever wishing I too had an MPV, I bought an ES in time for the Thanksgiving drive to Tallahassee. What a great van! I was waiting for the 2002, but decided I'd take the deals available now. (Plus I was tired of waiting) I love the van, and so do my kids, husband and neighbors! I've never had a van and thought I wouldn't like driving a big vehicle. Not the case-- the handling was car-like and I haven't had any trouble fitting in parking places or the garage.

We broke it in right away on a 7 hour trip for the holiday. Power was never an issue. Everyone was comfortable, and the 3 kids were amazed at the number of cupholders everywhere. (our old car only had 2...) I always laughed at all the reviews that mention cupholders, but it turned out to be something we didn't know we cared about! The cargo space easily held stuff for the 5 of us, thanks to the deep well. Now I just need to figure out the best deal/fit for a TV/VCR combo. I'd love the ceiling one, but the price hurts.

Thanks to all - this site is the reason I finallly got the van. I can see why there are so many happy owners!
  • jstrauss88jstrauss88 Member Posts: 7
    We bought a 9" Sylvania TV/VCR from Sam's for $180 about a year ago. I found I could not put it on the floor because then my 2 boys could not see it over the restraining bars on their car seats. So I built a board to bridge the gap between the seats and set on top of the armrests folded down. This works perfect and I use a black luggage strap to tie it down. It goes ac/dc so I don't have to deal with an inverter.
  • billmckinleybillmckinley Member Posts: 167
    Congratulations on your ES, and welcome to the club and board! So give us the gory details--what kind of a deal did you get? How was the dealer to work with? What kind of mileage did you get on your trip?

I'm glad you're happy with your van now, and I think you'll continue to be happy with it. As you can tell by these forums, reliability isn't much of an issue with this thing. You'll have your share of problems, but if you're like the majority, those problems will be more annoying than threatening. And if you're like me, every time you whip that thing around a corner or into a parking space, you'll be delighted and amazed at its touring-car-like handling. Its power isn't the best, though as you found out, it's not an issue, either. And you'll probably grow to love-hate its quirky transmission; but on balance, the "MPV President McKinley" is one of the most competent of the 17 cars I've owned over the years.

Happy Miles, kellyanne!

RJ
    Shucks, RJ beat me to the welcome wagon. Welcome to our happy clan of owners Kellyanne. Just like RJ, please share your buying experience with us. Cruise thru all the MPV threads here in the Club, post a picture if you like, in the Gallery!

I'm glad you're satisfied with a 2001, knowing you were waiting for a 2002 (and all of its changes). You'll likely find very few folks that are dissatisfied with their MPVs around here, but it's an informative bunch (if not entertaining).

Happy Motoring!

/Java
    Okay, now I'm worried with this talk of ballistic TV missles, and I'm no safety nut. I would be worried with the mass of a 13" tube tv mounted for viewing pleasure, but I think I would also be worried about a 9" TV. Wow, the carnage if one of those ever got loose during a (God forbid) accident would be devastating.

I strongly vote for an LCD setup, which really isn't too expensive, as I've been checking. There's lots of stuff at Tundra Electronics to shop thru and their prices seem pretty good. I'm not familiar with them service-wise though. I think you can get a 6" screen, VCP and two sets of wireless headphones for around $500, a bit more if you went w/ DVD. This is more expensive, but you could go with dual LCD screens in the headrests (looks rather simple) and a VCP or DVD for around $1000. There are drop-down systems out there as well for around $600.

For my money, I'd go for a 300mhz laptop from ebay (easily less than $500), get a dvd drive for it (just got one for $64 on ebay) and buy a power inverter. There you've got a 13" screen and a total package weighing about 3lbs, for around $500.

Sorry, just thought of those TVs hurtling around like cannonballs if they were loose.

/java

Please be sure and sign in for the MPV yahoo groups mailing list. There is always alot of fun banter on the emails too.

Here is the link: http://www.vakcer.com/mpv

Welcome aboard!!!!

MSGJVH

p.s. We would love to see you on the Friday or Tuesday Edmunds chats also! You may even point to the mouse and show the hubby how to use it. He may learn something.

Java,

I understand your concerns completely. Just want to make sure I don't misrepresent myself. I bought the TV/VCR combo before we had the MPV. I built a "console" for lack of a better term that could safely contain the combo and be secured with tie down straps in the back of our previous car (a Subaru Outback). I was more than confident in the setup, even in a roll-over. Unfortunately, the same setup won't work in the MPV. I haven't had the time to figure out a way to over-engineer a fastening system in the MPV yet. That said, the 9" combo weighs about 10 lbs. and is a very snug fit (mine is at least) between the front and middle seats when set at an angle. The angle allows my oldest to see fine (he's three), but the youngest (8 weeks) is of course facing the wrong way and doesn't watch TV yet anyway :O) Only in a rollover would I be concerned. I do like that console unit you mentioned over on the yahoo groups though. Keep us posted.
    Congratulations on you new MPV! We recently purchased ours as well and, like you, we never had a van before. My wife was definitely concerned about driving a big vehicle, but she has no problems whipping that van around like an Indy driver and getting it into the garage with room to spare!

Enjoy !!
    Gameboy Advance seems to work OK for us now .... and it's a lot cheaper!
    ... same place, usual time kids.

/j
  • kellyannekellyanne Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I bought my Teal ES at Mazda of Ft Myers. They were great to work with, and I think were happy to finally sell me a van since I've been in there looking too many times in the past year. I originally wanted the Rainforest Green, but there weren't any to be had. I thought the teal would be too bright, but I love it and I can always find my car in the parking lot. It came with a spoiler, which I thought was hilarious since hey, it's a van not a Camaro. But, it's kinda cute and different from the pack. (as is the whole van.....)

So, you gotta know how I did on the deal? I got invoice less the rebate and 5.9 financing. I probably should have taken the 0%, but I needed to stretch out the payments more and they wouldn't give me that and the rebate. They also let me finance the whole deal, including tax and title. Now I have to sell my 86 Volvo so I can pay off my husbands car and have only one payment.
    Didn't want the paltry amount they'd give me on trade.

Forgot to mention that on my Thanksgiving trip to Tally(at 1AM of course) I turned the windsheild wipers on about 5 times reaching for the cruise control. Luckily it wasn't the gear shift. I seem to remember others having this same problem. Not really a big deal, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. At a minimum I'll always have clean windows....

My husband came home home last night and exclaimed as he passed the MPV in the garage,
    "What a cool van!" Just not words I ever thought I'd here him say!
  • davrichdavrich Member Posts: 5
    Hello all,

I have been looking for a minivan for the past 3-4 mos and have test driven all the Japanese models and have decided that the MPV is the most practical one for us. After reading the various threads on the Odyssey, Sienna, and MPV boards, it seems that MPV owners are happy with their vans.

My dilemma (and its probably a recurrent one) is should I get a great deal now on an ES with the entertainment system (which is invoice minus the rebate) or wait until the '02 comes out. I am not in urgent need of a van immediately, and can wait until the '02 comes out in February (as I am told). I'm not sure how much more the new model is going to run for, but if I can get it at invoice and rel. low financing (1.9-4.9), I'll be happy.

I have an 18 month old and a 3 1/2 month old, and my mom lives with us, so at most we'll have 5 passengers, so my only wish would be for a split "magic seat" for the third row.... now wouldn't that be nice?

Congrats on all who have recently bought.

DP
    Each of our four kids have a gameboy, but on our vacation trips, it's not enough. We take a trip from Pittsburgh to Myrtle Beach SC each year (12 hours) and ever couple of years visit my brother in Palm Beach Fla (20 hours). Plus, the TV/VCR will be used in our gameroom 355 days a year. If the money was there, I would go for the laptop. But this is also doing double duty as a Christmas gift for my one son. So back to you j2kbarlow, Does the unit sit on the floor or on the armrest or do you just wedge it between the seat backs?
    PS Our van turned one year old over the weekend. We have 25645 miles on it already (jeez). Other than the scratches/nicks my kids put in it taking their bikes out and the spills on the mats, the van looks and runs great. The original equipment tires have been replaced with AVIDS in the back and AEGIS in the front. Other than that the van has only cost me gas and oil changes (which I do my self with). What a big difference from the 96 Voyager we unloaded to get this baby. This is the best value van out there (this being said by a die hard Honda fan). We love it!!
    You're going to have to decide if waiting a few more months is worth it to you to have a 2002... keeping in mind that the 2002 will (imho) be selling for much closer to msrp than invoice price, not to mention it is going to cost more than the 2001 due to the improvements on the van. I'm figuring on a $2k increase (in invoice cost) across the LX and ES models, although I haven't seen prices yet.

I wonder if the way the economy is right now, with 0% deals all over the place, if the 2002s will actually be selling for around invoice just to stimulate sales. Makes you wonder.

In the Javadoc house, my wife is waiting (none too patiently) for the 2002s to arrive because she wants an ES w/sunroof this time as opposed to our 2000 LX w/o a sunroof. The 3.0 engine and other enhancements don't hurt either. AWD would be keen (hello...mazda...) also.

So, bottom line... low interest rates and invoice-level sales prices now or newer and more powerful model and possibly not those incentives in 4 months.

Good luck!

/Java
    When leaned back it touches all four of the "captain's chairs" while sitting on the floor. The fit fits nicely against the front armrests (the rear angled part when they're in the 'used' position - down). It's a snug fit, but I don't think it would stay in place there in a severe accident without securing it somehow. I'll put a post in if I can figure out a good way of securing it. All that said, we took it on a twelve hour trip before the littlest was born and it did great. So, I still recommend the combo, but I also realize the "risk" I'm taking in not securing it.
    I wonder if those guys at Mazda FTM realize how much free publicity they're getting on this discussion group?! We bought our '01 Teal LX from them a couple of months ago. You may have purchased the same ES that I seriously considered; they only had one on the lot at the time. I mildly regret not having leather (messy kids!) and alloy wheels, although the wheel covers are pretty stylish and could be mistaken for alloys at a glance. Oh yeah, I wish I had one of those cool spoilers too ... ;)

Give us a shout or a wave if you see us! We live in the SE Cape and work in south FTM. I've only seen one other Teal MPV around town besides ours.
  • gfc4usgfc4us Member Posts: 14
    If Mazda increases $2K on 02 MPV, then MPV LX will be
    MSRP $25340 / INV $23608. Without rebate, it will be tough
    for Mazda to sell 02 MPV. Why? Honda Odyssey LX lists
    MSRP $24690 / INV $22262.
    My guess is that you can get 02 MPV LX at $22000-$23000.
    where did that figure come from?
    That was me, and I was estimating, since pricing isn't available, so don't take that as the Gospel, please. I'd love to get a 2002 LX MPV for what you were estimating! Let's see what they put out for pricing.

Otoh, what are buyers paying for Ody's as opposed to invoice, or msrp. Last I checked, which was a few months ago honestly, a buyer was lucky to get an Ody for MSRP with some exceptions for lucky buyers. Edmunds TMV numbers are very close to real-world numbers for out-the-door car pricing and lists a 2002 Ody EX for $30,690.

Coincidentally, a co-worker and friend of my wife's just bought an EX Ody w/leather and they paid approx $2000 over msrp, after waiting 9weeks (and weeks of me trying to get them to save thousands on an MPV). They ended up paying $30,999 for it (I just called her) and the msrp/invoice numbers were 28,690msrp/25,856invoice.

Now, a comparably equipped MPV ES would be currently 26,820msrp/24,819invoice. Add something (I thought $2k, as a *guess*) and it's still cheaper than an Ody by a couple of grand if it costs $31k for an EX Ody w/leather. This assumes that you'd be paying msrp for an MPV. Currently, edmunds TMV for this van is (drum roll please) $24,774, some $5,900 less than the Ody price.

cheers,

/j
    Finally after two years Teal is catching on!!!

Yipppyyyy