Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 and Earlier Chevrolet Impala

Comments

• duraflexduraflex Member Posts: 358
    We've been down this road before but for those who are new to the board
    here is the info from the IMPALA RADIO FORUM that we came up with
    more than 6 months ago. Somehow - posts on that board got deleted,
    corrupted or renumbered when this Townhall software was changed.
    So let me try reposting it here from a compiled rewrite I had saved off line.
    2000 IMPALA/MONTE CARLO TRUNK AMP BYPASS

If you do the trunk amp bypass, IT IS COMPLETELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This is merely a makeshift "fix" for something GM/Chevrolet should have gotten right in the first place. Although it sounds much better, especially at low to moderate
    listening levels, I still have reservations about it.

I still think GM should do a recall and fix it properly and assure us of its safety.

I did not arrive at this "solution" alone - although I may have helped push the
    issue and lead the way.

CREDITS:
    Jmahler - a guy who's been reading prints for 40 years - came up with the wiring
    combo.
    Humahuma first planted the notion that a trunk amp bypass was possible.

Also, bypassers-to-be should at least read all the subsequent posts after
    about 160 in IMPALA RADIO forum to get a full picture of what this is all
    about BEFORE deciding to do it.
    Finally let me add this:

This bypass will give you a LOT MORE BASS - potentially TOO MUCH BASS
    if you're not careful - you COULD literally blow the speakers!!!

SOOOOOOOOOO When you're finally ready to try this and are just about to do it,
    Re-read this:

(Please, PRINT THIS or WRITE IT DOWN.)

The radio is a push-on/push-off design, so some precautions are required to avoid
    post bypass overload!

Turn the radio on.
    Turn the VOLUME DOWN VERY LOW.
    Put the tone on MANUAL.
    Turn the BASS DOWN - at least two notches left of center.
    Next, push the radio power OFF.
    Take the key out.

With radio power OFF, I UNPLUGGED the smaller power plug from the trunk
    amp to avoid the possibility of burning out the amp by operating it without a load.

Then I carefully UNPLUGGED the bigger "C1" plug for sound feeds and returns.

You will need 8 small gauge wires, each about 70mm in length, with both ends
    stripped about 6mm.

Following jjmahler's POST #176, I jumped the following on the "C1" plug:
    Right spkrs Left spkrs
    B1-to-B9 (LF-)
    A1-to-A9 (RF-)
    B2 to B10 (LF+)
    A2 to A10 (RF+)
    B3 to B11 (LR-)
    A3 to A11 (RR-)
    B4 to B12 (LR+)
    A4 to A12 (RR+)

When I put the key in and turned on the radio, it lit up and sounded
    absolutely GREAT. To those who try this, you will not believe your ears.
    The difference is like night and day. It sounds very rich - just as good
    as the Impala radios without the trunk amp.

IMPORTANT UNRESOLVED ISSUES:

I DID NOT replug the power plug into the amp
  • 2k_impala_ls2k_impala_ls Member Posts: 311
    for being in the 2001 brochure. It is a beautiful redwwod box with 5 different impala pins. The interior is all velvet and it also comes with the story of the impala. I am going to put the pictures on my website. On the front of the box is the full size impala logo. On the back it says limmited to 350 made, mine is # 58. anyone else get it, it arrived today from cambell-ewald.
  • hunter39hunter39 Member Posts: 375
    I'm tired of having to retype my posts...when are they going to fix this?
  • mcdillmcdill Member Posts: 180
    Ive seen one before . very nice !! ;~) , lucky dogs .thanks---------mattmcdill
  • jeffbogjeffbog Member Posts: 63
    Teo, I live in the Chicago area and we have been blasted with a lot of cold weather lately. Many nights sub-zero, -10 or so, before you add on the windchill. Car starts great, even if I don't use the block heater. I did use 5W-30 on the last oil change. Owner's manual recommends it if it regularly drops below 0 and doesn't get above 60. Don't think we'll see 60 degrees for some time. Mileage is down a little in the extreme cold, probably due to warming up, etc. Just got 25 mpg on a 500 mile trip over the holiday... Glad so see you are still posting to this site.

TPKEN - did you ever check out www.volocars.com (RE: 67 Impala SS)

Jeff
  • tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Thanks - I have not yet but promise I will. We presently own a 66 Mustang 6 cyl convertible that we as a family have outgrown. My plan is to sell it next year - may investigate that site for sale potential for Mustangs too.

Ken
    And I can't afford to do that but this is ridiculous. After having one post go easily I thought for sure the second would too. Lost it again.

Ken
    look strikingly similar to the new Impala. My son got a model for Christmas - 71 Chevelle SS 454. Anyone remember that car? Two round tail lights on each side set into the bumper - very similar look to the new Impala. Nice looking too - GM had a very stylish intermediate coupe in the 70 - 72 model years. One of the best looking designs ever in my opinion.

Ken
    Thanks Jeff - just checked it out - great site. They have some real beauties for sale there. Sure wish I had the money to go pay them a visit and drive home in one of those memory mobiles. That 72 Cutlass convertible would probably be my first choice but the 67 Impala SS convertible would be great too.

Ken
    This new software is so flawed I might give up on it .
    Here's the rest of that Impala Radio Amp Bypass post
    that got cut off earlier. This is my 4th try to get it posted.

For the benefit of "crosley", "tomaso" and others.......
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    IMPORTANT UNRESOLVED ISSUES:

I DID NOT replug the power plug into the amp.
    Why power something that isn't working? I do not know if leaving it hang
    unconnected presents a safety or electrical hazard.

I DO NOT know if leaving the radio wired this way will damage anything
    in the car.

The speaker plug with its 8 pigtail jumpers looks pretty sad hanging up there
    in the trunk and there must be a more elegant solution like a factory
    supplied male jumper plug. How cheap would that be for GM to provide that fix?
    VERY CHEAP.

To those who try the amp bypass, please post your results.
    I am anxious to know what you think.

Good Luck! "duraflex"
  • teoteo Member Posts: 2,508
    My sister gave me for Christmas a 1/18 scale replica of the 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 coupe. Its beautiful! Painted in dark blue, with the wide white stripes running front to back and the black vinyl roof. Very well detailed, you can see the "Jet Airliner" styled transmission shifter, the instrument panel, the black upholstered seats, the manual cranks for the windows, etc. The hood has the "Cowl Induction" markings...really cool.

I collect these babies and so far my collection is outgrowing our small apartment! I am planning on getting next a '65 Impala and a '96 Impala SS which are both available on 1/18 scale. I am hoping to see if someone decides to make a 1/18 replica of the Y2K Impala (The Y2K Montecarlo is already available). I have 3 Y2K "Police" Impalas...One is a 1/75 Matchbox "Cleveland Police" Impala, then I Have a 1/67 (I Believe) NYPD Impala (Very richly detailed) and the biggest one is a 1/43 "Ft. Collins" Police Impala which is nice but the NYPD Matchbox version is the best of the bunch in terms of realism.

One of my favorites is a 1/18 scale 1949 Cadillac DeVille Convertible with genuine upholstered leather soft seats and tons of chrome...a gem!
  • cookie00cookie00 Member Posts: 29
    I got the box too, with the pins. It's very cool and the minute I saw it I thought "Matt would LOVE this.."

Matt, if you're a very good boy I just might consider sending it to you. I love it too... but I'm thinking you're more of a fan of that type of stuff than I am....

It really is a beautiful box. And the pins are very cool. I'm #38 I believe...
    I've not had one problem with posting messages except when I try to use the spell check.

I say, just use your "Best Quess" spelling and leave it at that. A while back I laughed a bunch when someone used the spell check and it rename Teo "Toe" all the way through. ! Ha!
    Yet. Did you get them via regular mail or special delivery?
    I AM STUNNED, you wouldn't REALLY send that to me , you're not serious , are you ? if you were , I am speechless. thanks------------------mcdillmatt
    came priority mail (like two-day I believe)... Teo, have you moved since then? Or was that Don??

And Matt, I am thinking about it. My hubby thinks they're very cool and we should keep them. I like them too. But I have to admit that I thought about you first thing. It's the type of thing I know you would really enjoy... so it's an idea in my head. If you lived closer I'd trade you for some "professional" free oil changes. That's for sure! :~)!!!!!
    I really can't beleive you would think about giving those up , You should probably keep them , ohhhhhh that was hard to say .... just pickin ! if you did live closer , you would DEFINITELY get some free oil changes . thanks---------mattmcdill
    testing to see if I dare a real post
    Came on Fedex 2 day priority. Wood box and pins are first rate! Really nice collectors item. The box is numbered 83 out of 350.

Cookie I haven't moved.....Don't see ourselves leaving the Florida sun!
    Had a post all written and it blew away again. Here goes again.

Sounds like your model is almost same as my sons. The details and scale are the same. The steering wheel turns the wheels, the decals are there, etc. Did you notice those tail lights? The 73 malibu is another ringer for the dual round light set up on the back of the new Impala too - just remembered that looking at his model.

Will post this much and come back for more if it takes

Ken
    Teo - are you aware that GM is producing a new Caprice for middle east delivery? I was perusing dealers and went to "www.libertyautos.com and clicked chevrolet - turns out to be somewhere in an arab nation. They have a Caprice LS, LTZ and SS available - all new production - never seen them anywhere. Looks like VERY long wheelbase. Also - take a look at their Cadillac tab - shows the night vision set up - a CAMEL on the horizon! Worse hazard than the moose around my area!

Ken
  • lrcobralrcobra Member Posts: 82
    Mine came today. #169 of 350. They are really nice. Matt, you can't have mine! Unless I will them to you that is.
    Cobra
    Who knows...they might be worth something 10 or 20 years from now....only 350 made!
    Tpken: Yes I have seen the "Middle East" only Caprice...is gorgeous! I believe the car has a 5.7L Generation III engine, RWD, ABS, Traction control, the works. GM says that this car was developed for the harsh driving conditions on that part of the world. This car is a spin-off of the Australian Holden Caprice which is a sweet full size sedan. Unfortunately the geniouses at GM North America don't think the American public deserves to have these beauties, so unless you move to the Middle East or Australia, you can't have one. Also, the faster and lighter "Commodore" (A.k.a. Cadillac Catera)is sold in Australia with the same 5.7L Engine, 6-speed manual and RWD. A similar spinoff is sold in South Africa under the Chevy Lumina SS moniker.

Hopefully the all new 2005 RWD "Mid-lux" platform Impala, will share some of the goodness its international siblings currently have.
  • 00impala00impala Member Posts: 474
    Today I recieved my Set of Pins w/ AWESOME Box! #80 of 350....Very Nice Addition to my Collection of 2K Impala Stuff, So far I have a Perss Kit,a Differenty Press Kit, a Service Video, A Salesman Ring Bindered Full Line 2000 Chevrolet Booklet,A dealer only Advertising Materials CD-ROM and 2 of the 1/43rd police Cars, 1 of the Deluxe Matchbox police cars, a few of the Basic M-Box Police Cars and a New BLACK M-Box Impala only found in the 5 pack "SPACE PATROL" or something, and my Favorite item, a HUGE Framed Dealership Poster of the 3/4 view of a BLACK LS! AWESOME! My LS Really MOVES with the addition of the K&N Filter in addition to the Dual Exhaust! It is P-E-P-P-Y to say the least! Awesome Throttle response! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Don
  • platourplatour Member Posts: 252
    I've cooled down and here I am to try a post again. I cut the splashguards to fit the 2001 and here is a pic (not the best) showing the salt and slush they pick up. I also installed (in a heated garage) the Impala emblems on my base model doors. I am pleased with the outcome and even more so if this post goes through.....

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=223638&a=1656230&p=36339543&Sequence=0&res=high
  • jeffreyw1jeffreyw1 Member Posts: 145
    How did you all get these pins? Is Chevrolet playing favorites? LOB Can anyone take a photo of these pins or at least describe what each pin looks like? Is Chevrolet offering these anywhere for sale to the public?

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I know I enjoyed my 4 day weekend. It's always good to get a break. I got to drive my Impala AS on Christmas day. I sure enjoy the way it rides. I drove my friend in it for the first time since I bought it and he was very impressed. I even let him drive it. He commented on the how nice the ride is. Did anyone else have a hard time getting use to how slow you seemed to be traveling when driving the Impala at 55 mph when you first started driving your new Impala? It seemed like the car was traveling at 35 mph or lower.

May all have a fantastic day and congrats to those of you who got those nice pins! I collect Hot Wheel and Match box cars, too and sports stars starting lineup figures.
    There are six pins provided on the set:

1) Standard Impala Logo (Miniature version of the logo installed on the current car's C-Pillars)
    2) 1959 Impala logo (Checkered flag and armor flag similar to Corvette's)
    3) 1965 Impala Logo
    4) 1972 Impala Logo (Just the "Impala" name and a red bowtie)
    5) 1996 Impala SS Logo
    6) 2000 Impala logo with small blue bowtie (Miniature replica of trunklid logo)

The wooden box display case is absolutely gorgeous (I am no expert on wood types so if anyone cares to describe it in detail..go ahead) it has a big chrome standard Impala logo attached to the exterior lid of the box and at the bottom it has the following wood carved inscription:

"Chevrolet Impala Limited Edition...Commemorative Pin Set....No. 083 of 350".

It also comes with a multiple pane (Folding) cardboard style "Map to the Great American Sedan.....Impala" and it is a guide to the cars that have beared the Impala name since the 1950's to the present.

Really neat "Perk" and in all honesty I wasn't expecting it.

Oh, It also comes with a copy of the 2001 Impala brochure and a Letter from Kurt M. Ritter, Chevrolet Division General Manager.

I haven't seen the Pin set sold anywhere. I just looked at the Chevy Mall.com site and no luck...it seems to be truly unique!

If your Picture and/or quote were used in the 2001 brochure, you will get one of the Impala pin sets.

Enjoy!

I wanna wish everyone a very happy New Year 2001!
    Platour's link to the photo of his car in the snow makes me really wish we had some. I'd really love to try this car out in some "adverse" driving conditions...

But I bet the hubby $100 that it would NOT snow enough to have it cover the ground from now until March... So, if it doesn't snow I get some Moola! if it DOES snow at least I get the chance to try the car out in the slush and mush...
    here is a sneek peek. see the link on my site for pinset. I also made the background on the site the front of the box

someone is selling the extra pin/ tie tack on ebay. they say it was only given out during a black tie unvailing of the new impala. go bid if you want it.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=530828851
    Thats the same Tie pin our car salesman gave me , i went to go see him about some impala stuff , and he had that in his desk , he won it from GM after taking a salesmen test on the 2000 impala , actually it was a set of two , but he saw how much i liked the car , and if i promised not to wear it , he would give it to me , its displayed with the rest of my impala stuff. thanks----------------mattmcdill
  • easyrider4easyrider4 Member Posts: 1
    I wanted to buy a small, inexpensive SUV - and wound up with a sedan. I live on a dirt road in Michigan, and when the snow flies, it can take a while until the road is plowed. So... I thought an SUV with 4WD or AWD, ABS, and a good road clearance was important. A limited slip differential sounded nice, too. HOWEVER, I also care about NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness), a LOT. I don't like a stiff suspension that gives me a "thump" when I go over every bump, and I don't like a lot of road, engine, and wind noise that beats on my ears all the time and makes me turn my sound system way up, and even then degrades the quality of what I hear. I bought a digital sound level meter from Radio Shack (about $65) to measure how noisy each vehicle I tested was. My results (all at 65 mph on smooth highways): 2001 Chevy Blazer with V6, 91 dB, stiff suspension; 2001 Ford Explorer with V6, 93-94 dB, stiff; 2001 Mazda Tribute with V6, 88 dB, stiff; 2001 Subaru Forrester with 4 cyl, 91 dB, soft; 2001 Subaru Outback with 4 cyl, 91 dB, soft; 2001 Toyota RAV4 with 4 cyl, 91 dB, soft. For comparison, I tested a few other vehicles. A 1999 Chevy Tahoe with V8, 89-90 db, stiff; 1999 Buick Park Avenue with V8, 86 dB, soft; my deafening 1990 riding lawn mower, 102 dB, stiff! I have to wear earplugs when I use my lawn mower or it seems to damage my hearing. A guy I know who works for Ford claims that they have to make ear plugs available to factory workers when the noise level exceeds 85 dB. Our annoyingly loud kitchen orange juice maker generates 86 dB from 2 feet away (where my head is when operating it).
    I was not happy with any of these vehicle sound levels. I read some stuff on the internet (Edmunds.com) that gave me the impression that the Honda CRV was kind of noisy, so I didn't test it. I considered testing a Hyundai Santa Fe, but the dealer was a long way from where I live, and I worried about getting it there for service. I was also put off by the fact that the Santa Fe is quite new, and the most wonderful warranty in the world is still a pain if a lot of things need to be fixed. So... I gave up on getting an SUV in the low $20,000 range, and reverted to sedans. I tested a 2001 Chevy Impala with V6, 85 dB, soft; 2001 Chevy Malibu with V6, 87 dB, soft; a 2001 Honda Accord, 4 cyl, 91 dB, soft; and a 2001 Toyota Camry LE, 4 cyl, 86 dB, soft. I nearly bought the Camry, but the seats were not comfortable for me or for my wife. We didn't realize it until we sat in them for awhile. Also, I had a weird experience in the Camry. At some highway speed (somewhere between 60 and 70 mph) the seat back went into some kind of mechanical oscillation. I noticed the same thing at about half that speed. It wasn't dangerous, but was distracting. Two others that we tested did not have this problem. I was going to get the Malibu, but the Chevy dealer gave me such good terms for the Impala that I decided to take it. It really felt nice to drive.
    Other notes: the road clearance on the RAV4 is only 6.7 inches. This is better than a sedan, but less that the 7.5 inches and up that is normal for SUVs. The Honda Accord that I test drove seemed to have a problem with the transmission – it tended to hesitate sometimes. There are a lot of other vehicles that I could have tested and a lot of other things that matter on a vehicle. But after reading a fair amount of stuff on the internet and in Consumer Reports, it seemed like no one was covering the stuff that especially mattered to me, so I decided to share this stuff with you all. Comfort matters a lot to me. Maybe Consumers Reports and some of the others should start systematically reporting noise levels in vehicles at some standard speed, and "bump response". Quantitative measurements of bump response would be helpful, not just "soft" and "stiff". A measure of vibration (say, of an idling engine) would also be good. Help people choose what they want. Some like it fairly stiff to "feel" the road. Maybe some like a fairly noisy engine so they can hear what it's doing. Each to his or her own.
    Technical notes: I used the "C weighting" range on the sound level meter (the default when you turn the meter on). This covers the whole bandwidth from 20 Hz to 10,000 Hz. The "A weighting" range only measures sounds from 500 Hz to 10,000 Hz. Switching to the "A" range dropped the sound levels about 10 to 20 dB, depending on the vehicle, indicating that most of the sound noise was below 500 Hz. Human hearing works down to about 20 Hz. Below that, you don't hear with your ears, you feel vibrations with your body. The meter operating in the "C" range does not discriminate low frequency sounds from high frequency sounds. Some of the 4 cylinder engines operate at higher RPM, and this makes the sound level seem more noticeable since your ears are more sensitive there. All vehicles idled at much lower sound levels than those shown, typically at 72-78 dB. I care more about what the sound level is at highway speeds, since that's where it's worse, and that's where I spend more time. Stiff vs soft suspensions were judged subjectively by how it felt when I went over small bumps in the road on the highway. Mostly I was in the vehicle by myself. For the Mazda and Subaru vehicles, my two grown sons and a sales guy were in the vehicle too. This can make the suspension feel softer (with a lot of weight in the vehicle). Note that the decibel (dB) scale is not linear, but logarithmic. This means that a couple of dB difference is very noticeable.
  • buzzsawyerbuzzsawyer Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had trouble with cold feet while driving their LS? My daughters feet can't get warm when she drives her LS. Dealer checked it out and said that the discharge air temp was 127 oF at the left (drivers side) foot discharge vent. It was 163 oF at the upper center vent.Outside air temp was about +10 oF Dealer. Also the front windshield would not defrost well when we had a lot of snow/ice accumulate on the outside by the wiper blades. The dealer said no trouble found. Has anyone else who lives in the Chicago/Madison, WI area have this problem??Is your 2000 Impala always warm and toasty at your feet?
    BuzzSawyer
    well they say they may have it fixed so here goes. I am surprised though that no other postings show for today - is everyone asleep?

You guys with the pics in the brochure and the pin sets are certainly fortunate. Those will probably be displayed in prominent places and become the focal point of many a conversation - lucky guys and ladies. I'm envious!

Ken
    And on first try!!! Maybe it really is fixed.

Ken
    Thanks for describing and showing me what those impala pins look like. Those of you who got them are truly blessed. I would love to get a set of them because I am a true Chevrolet fan. I would be willing to have a quote and/or my picture placed in the 2002 Impala brochure for a chance to get a gift like those impala pins. Each one of your impala pins represent the great history of the Chevrolet Impala. Those pins are extremely nice. Have a great day!
    Is there anyway possible you could take a zoomed in photo of each pin? I am curious to see what some of them look like. If you can, I would be very grateful. Thanks again!
    I put the Impala door emblems on yesterday and today I noticed one is somewhat bent in the middle: it is bent around the "p"; slopes too much down at the front and back from the "p". How do I get it off without damaging the paint? I have ordered a new one so do not have to salvage the new now old.
  • this_is_nascarthis_is_nascar Member Posts: 199
    Sorry folks, but with this new message board, it's a pain (almost impossible) to search from within a single conference.

I'm looking for information concerning the dual catback exhaust that some have installed. What are the specfics?

1. Part numbers?
    2. Does it improve performance?
    3. Does it add a nice sound, not too loud?
    4. Does it effect the warrant?
  • jeffbogjeffbog Member Posts: 63
    My wife and I took a long trip over the holiday and we noticed that when running the defrost/heater combo, the car was comfortable, but our feet were a little cold. (Outside temp was between 5 - 10 F). I just changed to heat only and our cold feet problem was solved. I suspect this is normal considering that heat rises and the frigid air is continually flowing under the car, etc.

Cookie, I think you said you wanted see how the traction control and abs work. Trust me, it works great..... and you really don't want to drive in the slop. We are getting another 4 inches today... and I haven't been able to wash the car for three weeks. Salt all over the car, crap packed in the wheel wells, etc.
    Where on the Impala can I find the build date? Or can it be determined from the VIN?
  • 00impala00impala Member Posts: 474
    You know the TRACTION CONTROL actually works in REVERSE? While backing out of my Garage on a small incline (The snow is packed from the tires and has frozen to a sheet of ice)(I do not use rock salt either) but while backing out slowly i decided to stop and see how the traction of my Eagle GA's would do on a slope, the "TRACTION ACTIVE" light came and assisted me in backing up the icy slope! AWESOME!!! Don
    Look on the edge of the driver's door for a sticker.
    It should show your build date like "09-00" = September 2000
  • this_is_nascarthis_is_nascar Member Posts: 199
    Is anyone aware of a performance chip that will remove the top-speed limiations of the LS?
  • 50yearold50yearold Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing a new or used Impala either a 2000 or 2001. Any advice? Is this a good, reliable car? I like the size. Has anyone had any good or bad experience with their Impala? I would appreciate some help.
    and think it is the best car around. There are 2000 models showing up now as lease returns - seem to be all base models - no LS yet and probably mostly rental cars. If you don't want the LS model you can find base sedans for around 14-15K now. Not sure what new ones are but new LS is 22K to start. Check the posts archived here for problem notes on the engine cradle welds and some are unhappy with the LS radio amp.

It's certainly a great car - good looking and very comfortable and well handling, fuel efficient and a good value.

Good luck on your search - I'll be interested to hear what you come up with, particularly if you find a 2000 LS model.

Ken
    You cannot put a chip in the impala ,or any other new GM product , you either have to reprogram it, or buy a performace computer , all new computers used in GM cars are sealed units , so theres no way to put a chip in it .
    On another note , I had to use our impala last night , first time in a while , and I Was doing a lot of around town and up the interstate driving , about 75-80 miles , it was cold , and the heater burned me out of the car , so we're really not havng any circulation probs. the brakes felt great , no pulling or squeeling . Got into a little something on the interstate with an [non-permissible content removed] in a new F150 , he kept on riding me in the slow lane going 75 mph , so as soon as the traffic cleared , i kindof left him in a stretch of I-10 , anyway , i was really inpressed with it, not a single disapointment , considering I sortof thrashed it around , it now has 17,600 miles .thanks-------------mattmcdill
    To Duraflex. You were correct: the build date is on the sticker on the driver's door. Mine is 10/00 or October 2000. Thanks for the tip.
    Does GM sell a cat-back dual exhaust for the 3.4L? If yes, any idea of the price?