Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Compact Pickup Comparison: Frontier, Ranger, Tacoma, S10, Dakota, B-Series, & Hombre

167891012»

Comments

• tbundertbunder Member Posts: 580
    you're right all. another alternative is the nissan, which can be had in any configuration with the rockford-fosgate stereo option. it rocks as well. some people are just going to have to accept that today's demanding buyers want these things if they can get them. and the manufacturers know this, so they are catering to these buyers' demands and wants.

gosh, i didn't mean to start anything with the tremor mention. i guess it's a ranger pkg. though. i personally wouldn't want one cuz its a 4x2. i just want a freakin crew cab ranger fgs.
  • plutoniousplutonious Member Posts: 799
    Why don't you just go ahead and get one of those crew-cab F-150s instead of a compact crew-cab truck? You're obviously a Ford guy and from what I've seen on the prices, would that F-150 really be that more expensive?
  • tgravo2tgravo2 Member Posts: 70
    You are right, who says you can't off-road in style. In my truck I had a Pioneer cd player, four 6.5's, two tweeters, a sony 1000W amp, and 3 MTX 10" subs, of course I like sound, but the issue was that I would rather get a supercharger under factory warranty than a nice stereo system because chances are I'm gonna change the stereo system anyways, no matter how good it is.

I can gaurntee that Pioneer system in the Rangers and the Rockford Fosgate system in the Frontiers are the bare minimum when it comes to the quality of the speakers/sub and power of the amp.
  • smgillessmgilles Member Posts: 252
    You are correct.... As far as I am concerned there is not factory system that will equal a quality aftermarket system and yes I would much rather have a S/C warrantied, which is exactly how I have it.
This discussion has been closed.