Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Isuzu Events

Comments

• arktrooper1arktrooper1 Member Posts: 101
    Maybe someday I'll be able to come to Tennesse or NC for an event someday! Reading about them sure makes me want to participate, and I could definately pull it off now that I'm single but need to get a bit more situated at my new job first.

BTW...and I'm not the superstitous type, but have any of you ever heard of the "Pine Barrens Devil"? I saw a "reality" show that mentioned the Pine Barrens recently and apparantly this is one of the many stories that relate to that area of NJ. Just curious...LOL!
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Yep I've heard stories about it. hee hee.

Anyway definitely have to come out to Uwharrie, it shouldn't be too far from AK.

-mike
    Anyone interested in a drive or to meet up with some subaru and/or isuzu guys.

http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/48hrsoftristate/

-mike

Anyone interested in a run down to the Pine Barrens tomorrow, drop me an e-mail. mike@iace.com

-mike
    Anyone up for a Pine Barrens Run on 12/8?

-mike
  • sbcookesbcooke Member Posts: 2,297
    I don't think I am going to make anything this December...to much to do, this Sunday we are getting our tree.
    I got my tree, looks like I missed a lot of fun. How did the wrx make out after the water/mud hole?

And what is that deleted picture all about?
    It was Zepher in his RS actually. And that pit was on the other side of the tracks from where we left you when your trooper died.

The deleted pic is a pic of Doug aka Treekilla knocking over a dead tree with his montero's ARB bumper. We didn't want the tree-huggers to mis-construe a picture into something it wasn't. If you really want to see it e-mail me and I'll give you the private.html for it.

-mike
    ****Details*****

When: Saturday Jan 19
    Where: Pine Barrens (Lebanon State Forest, NJ)
    Meet: Intersection of Rte 70 and 72 near Whiting, NJ
    Time: 10:45-11am
    Who: AWD/4wd Vehicles (no 2wd please)
    What: Off-road Trail Ride through the barrens, will be fun for all, we encourage Subarus, Rav4s, CRVs, Isuzus, Highlanders, 4-runners, Santa Fe, Explorers, etc.

****Details****
  • sdc2sdc2 Member Posts: 780
    If you haven't heard,'ZuZoo V will be held May 16-19, 2002 in Moab, Utah. In excess of 100 vehicles are expected, with multiple trail runs each day, through some of the most scenic country imaginable.
    I am trying to work my schedule so I can make it. How many people are you expecting?
    Did you do it? I was looking at your site, did you get a Garbage plate at Nick Tahoes?
    Yep we made the run. It was fun. We went to Duffs in Buffalo and never made it to Nick Tahoes. Pics at http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/48hrsoftristate/pics

-mike

• keepontroopinkeepontroopin Member Posts: 297
    Is that the home of the original Buffalo Wing?
    Duffs is the Home of the Buffalo Wing. They were quite yummy. How did the bar go?

-mike
  • jbrennan1jbrennan1 Member Posts: 6
    is where the Buffalo Wing originated.
    You are right. I went up to Buffalo to see the Pittsburgh Penguins play the Sabres in the playoffs last year and we went over to the Anchor inn and ate after the game. i couldn't remember the name of the bar though!
    Next one is scheduled for Feb 17th.

Http://isuzu-suvs.com/events

-mike

http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/pb02-17-01/index.html

A Light off-road event in Southern New Jersey! Come enjoy the trails!

-mike

I can't make it this weekend. I am on target for paragon however.
    I too think I am going to paragon. Is everyone staying over night or are they headed home after the event?
    I am probably driving home. Hadn't thought about it. I am not against having a couple and sleeping over. I won't be able to decide until a little closer to the event.
    Probably do dinner and head home afterward, but won't know til later on, it's not a warm fuzzy community up there apparently. The locals dislike the Paragon Park because it basically was used by them freely til the owner decided/realized he owned it and could make some $ by having the off-road park.

-mike
    How far away is Paragon from you guys?
    Probably 1.5hrs from me, maybe a bit more. Probably less for SB.

-mike
    It will be like 6hrs for me, but I got a thumbs up from the boss lady so i may just drive out and stay overnight!
    Info on a gently off-road experience in the Pine Barrens of Central/Southern NJ. Come on out for a day of adventure, fun, and comradre with fellow SUV/Off-road/Rally/Car Nuts! Info at http://isuzu-suvs.com/events

-mike

I am out. I look forward to seeing the pics and reading the trail report.
    There will be many pics taken I'm sure.

Hopefully you can make it another time, maybe after you get the Assender for the wife :)

-mike
    Just an FYI, Planet Isuzoo will be having a camping and off-road trip to Uwharrie, NC April 26-28. Everyone is invited! Details on the http://isuzu-suvs.com/events page.

-mike

Here are 2 upcoming trips.

First is Aug 24-26 we'll be offroading in Uwharrie National Forest in NC.

2nd is on Sept 21 we'll be offroading @ the Pine Barrens in Southern NJ. Hopefully we can get some Isuzus out there.

-mike
    Paisan how long is the drive to Uwharrie?
    It's 531miles from Butler, PA to Uwharrie, NC. I think its 560 from NYC->Uwharrie, NC.

Usually what happens is we drive down on a Friday night after work, get down there early Sat morning. Sleep in on Saturday do a noon run on saturday, an afternoon or evening run sat. Sat night we make a big dinner and hang around the campfire til late. Sunday do morning afternoon and evening runs. Big dinner sunday night, then head out 1st thing on Monday morning to return home.

Works out nicely. Hopefully you can make it, it's a great trip.

-mike
    I am going to ask the wife tonight if she would care if I do it. I'll let you know. One thing though. I still haven't upgraded to OME coils and Ranchos so will I have any concerns about riding in a completely stock Trooper with 265 75-16s?
    I did uwharrie when I was bone stock on stock tires. There are bypasses so don't worry. It would be great to have you out there! :)

-mike
    What are the overnight ammenities....Tents???
    It's tents on nicely paved spots with electric outlets in the sites. I'm probably going to reserve a site or 2 for us so that we don't get locked out. We usually pile in as many as possible :)

-mike
    Well I got the thumbs up from the wifey. I am going to do whatever I can to make sure I am there. Is there a posting about this over on the wire? i will take a look. Anyway if you can forward whatever detail you have about the weekend I would appreciate it. i believe you have my e-mail address so send whatever you can along.
    In the next day or 2 I'll be posting up a page on Isuzu-suvs.com about it with the info etc.

It should totally kick butt!

-mike
  • zutrooperzutrooper Member Posts: 66
    Mike: Don't forget Tellico run on Aug 10. It looks to be a good run for those in the SE US. mark P
    I didn't know about tellico, it's way way too difficult for stockers though.

-mike
    Sept 21st. More infor at http://isuzu-suvs.com/events

-mike

Coming up in the Pine Barrens of NJ. Check out http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/pb-09-21-02/index.html for details. It's a very tame/beginner trailride. All are welcome to come on down and join the fun and get your SUVs dirty!

-mike

• boxtrooperboxtrooper Member Posts: 843
    Are there a lot of family members along on these outings? Are there activities for them while the Troopers are on the trail? Do you take them with you while trailriding or is it normally drivers only?
    Generally the whole family will ride out on the trail. Or in the case of uwharrie they can hang at the campsite area. This last weekend we went to uwharrie and it was 1/3 offroading, 1/3 yap session, and 1/3 culinary extravaganza! :)

-mike
  • boxtrooperboxtrooper Member Posts: 843
    but the wife and kids are not enthusiastic about it. One of these days I will get there, it is only 2hrs away from home.
    you should have been there. We had a great time! Well worth my 10-12hr drive.

-mike
This discussion has been closed.