Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 3-Series Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    My Mom actually has an '08 328xi that she despises (too small,tiny trunk,terrible ride...nothing major). Anyway, she is thinking about a leftover E60 5 series. I spoke to my service advisor (who's the assistant service manager) about the N54 engine and its HPFP problems. He said too many have been brought in for fuel pump issues. If she likes the 528, then go with that.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    No HPFP on a 328i. That engine is fantastic compared to the N54. I still can't trust the N55.

As for Audi. We've had both and I'll stick with BMW when it comes to reliability and maintenance. With our BMWs everything gets fixed. With our Audi they refuse to fix anything under warranty always claiming the problems as normal wear and tear.
  • ursamajorursamajor Member Posts: 127
    One disconcerting occurrence: I had an annual service, with the "full computer scan" 20 days prior to the engine light warning coming on Jan 1. Amazing that the BMW dealer couldn't detect the longer crank time, and other early waning signs. They seem to be totally dependent upon what the computer tells them. Yes, they replaced the fuel pump promptly the next morning, but do any of the authorized garages really know what they're doing?

If my 2008 335xi is "repurchased" (actually the lease would be terminated early), I am considering a 2010 328xi, which I would have to order. There are no xi s in Los Angeles, although after recent heavy rains, the AWD is very comforting, and more rain is on the way. The comment by Romboggie refers to his 2009 328i, not a 2010. I wonder if BMW has cured the fuel problem R refers to in the newest model. Can't seem to get an answer except that the 328 clearly doesn't have a HPFP and twin turbo, so if the car limps in 2010, the undiagnosed problem hasn't been reported.

My understanding is that the 2010 3s were not introduced until about three months after the normal Sept.-Oct. rollout. I would like to stay with a reliable BMW, as I agree, the driving experience is superior. I will shelve the Audi idea for now. I would like a defintive answer to this series 3 fuel issue, however. Remember, a rep at N.A. told me that ALL of the 3s have a fuel delivery problem--that in response to my thought about getting out of the 2008 335xi, a flawed car, and into a new 2010 328xi lease. It's too early to have any data on the 2010s, I'm certain, so perhaps this question cannor be answered yet.
    I'm going to check prices and MF on the 2010 tomorow to see what a scale-down to a 328xi, nicely equipped, would cost, leaaed..

Any input here is appreciated.
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    we do not put a lot om milage on it the dealer told us that we had to pay for the battery replacement because we didn't drive sufficient miles to recharge i

That sounds like a lot of crap to me. I have no problems with the battery discharging on any of my low annual miles vehicles. How often do you drive it?
  • roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,312
    blueguydotcom:

This is a bit OT, but my local dealer has a CPO 128i stick. It's optioned out a bit weird- just Xenons, Comfort Access, and Premium Sound. If it also had SP and CWP it would already be in my garage...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• exmilerexmiler Member Posts: 1
    I need a replacement catalytic converter in my '96 BMW 328i. Any recommendations for one other than the BMW part that lists for $2200?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Do you have an independent BMW repair shop in your area? You should also join the BMW Club of America for tech tips, parts info and discounts!
  • millwood0millwood0 Member Posts: 451
    "Every older car I have with an analog speedo has been dead on. Completely accurate."

it could just be bad luck.

speedos are known to be engineered to show a reading higher than the actual speed.

but once in a while, they will crank out defective ones that actually show an accurate reading. and sounds like you got a few in a row.

here is a way to check: get the cruise control engaged, and take a gps with you. compare the speed readings on the gps with that on your speedo and you will know how accurate your speedo really is.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,891
    Mind you, this is just one of the choices I came up with in my 3-minute search:
    Here is a direct bolt-on replacement for $517.
    You could also visit a muffler shop and they could weld in a universal replacement.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

Don't know what kind of time you have, but EVERY BMW around here (NY/NJ/CT) is an X Drive model. If you've got time, you could fly out here & drive your car back to CA.

roadburner: How many miles were on the 128i & what were they asking for it?

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

How many miles were on the 128i & what were they asking for it?

17,700 miles
    $26,950

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

That is an odd setup. You can probably get it for a song though.
  • Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    Does the car have any warning message (besides not able to start) on the dash/idrive for it? Car has 81k miles (gets highway usage) runs fine but just wondering if there is any preventive maint. required or runs till it dies?

Also how much would it cost to replace the battery, and anything else to replace at the same time as battery?
    just wondering if there is any preventive maint. required or runs till it dies?

You could top up the water in the older BMW batteries but they've been sealed for a few years now. About all you can do now is have the battery load tested. It may die slowly or overnight, it's hard to say.

Also how much would it cost to replace the battery, and anything else to replace at the same time as battery?

A BMW battery will cost over $200. I'd go with the Interstate MTP-H6, which costs @$165. Nothing else needs to be replaced.

Buyback approved Friday, 1/29. N.A. rep called and e-mailed confimation that they will refund 100% of my lease payments minus a “usage component” pursuant to the CA lemon law. Since I only had 6000mi at the time of the first HPFP failure, the usage will be about $ 2100 vs. approx. $ 15k refunded, net of about $ 13K. Now that I have further enquired and driven the “alternatives,” I’m actually thinking about leasing a 2010 328xi, to be ordered. I am satisfied that the N54 is the problem, and a x28 is a different design.

N.A. will wait for me to receive an ordered vehicle, taking eight weeks, and refund those lease payments made prior to delivery, as well as the annual registration coming up this week, which is about $ 500. I could then deliver the lemon to the dealer from which I am leasing the new Bimmer. Can’t ask for more reasonable treatment than that. My previous disgust with BMW for not acknowledging the x35 problems has been relieved by the courteous, flexible and expditious treatment. Still not certain about leasing a 328xi due to the high money factor, but if they lower it while it’s in transit from Germany, I get any dealer incentives and/or reduced money factors despite a locked rate at the time of order (terms of lease are not going to be worse, only better). That’s also very fair. Clearly, BMW is trying to recover hundreds of millions somehow, and they are apparently jacking the money factor to what amounts to an A.P.R. of 5.28%; a new Audi A4 money factor comes to 1.08% A.P.R.! Could lease a 3 series coupe for lower M.F. but I prefer a sedan for the convenience and passenger room.

I should post this to the lease forum, I think, but this HPFP problem appears here often, resulting in a repurchase, and customers like me always lease.
  • jmarounjmaroun Member Posts: 151
    I'm glad they did the right thing by you. Same thing that happened to me with my 08 335i sedan.
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.eea1744/4358#MSG4358

God I miss that car! Actually wanted to lease another 335i but they didn't offer me good rates..so I bought a 2010 Mustang GT to hold me down in this shacky economy.

I'd be hard pressed to buy another BMW ever again, but if the next 3 series is as good as the 335i..or better, I'll probably lease that or buy a CPO 06 997 911S.

:shades:

Joseph
    San Diego
  • rflrfl Member Posts: 100
    Hi...my 2008 335xi (leased with 11 months to go on the lease) is now in the shop getting it's THIRD hi-pressure fuel pump. Two of the failures occured in what I would call "catastrophic" conditions...that is at 80 miles per hour on turnpikes and the car just DROPPED DEAD. Once in Florida, once near home. BMW has replaced the pump three times. In Pennsylvania where I live and bought the car the Lemon Law is 3 strikes and you're out. What I want to know is what can I expect BMW to do(without me having to sue them). I WILL NOT EVER drive this car again (if necesary I will just leave it at the dealer and fight about the $$. Would like to avoid a lawsuit but will pursue it if I have to. I would be willing (if they act responsibility) to buy another BMW (one without the turbo-charged, fuel-pump issue engine. Can I expect $$ back? If so how much on a lease. I'm not really interested in busting them on this...I just do not want this car anymore and am actually thinking about keeping the loaner (an X3) until they decide what to do with me. I'm not generally a litigious guy...but between this and the rancid run-flat tire issue and am tiring of my 6th BMW. Help !!
  • xeyexeye Member Posts: 168
    RFL,

I really hope your situation works out. For whatever it's worth, the BMW 335 is not a bad choice. My '07 335xi has been nothing but a dream (purchased August '07 new, now ~27,000 miles). With one exception of a worn right-front wheel bearing that was replaced under warranty with no issue, AND a free oil cooler (after I questioned why the 17" wheel version xi didn't arrive stock with the cooler but the 18" version did), I wouldn't hesitate, based on my experiences to either keep mine beyond the 4 years warranty. I would consider trading it in for another newer model, but better the (benevolent) devil you know than the devil you don't, right?

Curious: How high do you rev the engine? Manual or slush-box?

Good luck.
    rfl,

no need to be litigious, I believe you have legitimate concerns about safety as well as from a hassle and even performance point of view, it is your right under the law. :lemon: Lemon Laws to be specific, and your car qualifies for sure if you've had three replaced fuel pumps in such a short period! Check your state's exact qualifications..there are even phone numbers you can get online, where you can talk to a lawyer for free and get advice in seconds!

I'd recommend you to just call bmw and speak politely to customer relations. Tell them the deal, tell them you're not satisfied with the car due to safety concerns and want out of the car since your car is a lemon. You should get all your money back in full (minus usage miles accumulated up to the first reported instance of fuel pump failure). It really sounds like your car is Legally a lemon..and you have a right to return it..no questions asked or else you can sue (I believe). Hopefully, you won't need to go there.

For me, it was surprisingly easy. I had no clue about lemon laws. BMW actually called me. I filled out a questionare survey, after having a fuel pump replaced and I voiced my concerns about the car in writing. A customer relations representative from BMW called me a few days later!! To my shock, she proposed the buy back after offering several other options that I was not satisfied with. I learned why later on, only after some research..I did not realize that my car was technically on verge of being a lemon since I've already replaced 2 fuel pumps and the third was starting to go already after a couple weeks of replacement!!.

So, just call BMW, be polite, follow the rules (don't keep the X3 loaner or anything like that)..
    Chances are, they will do right by you as they have to me..but who knows. Last words of advice and wisdom to you is that if they do decide to buy back your lease..enjoy the 335 now as much as you can because, I can tell you after learning the hard way..there is NO other car out there for the money that comes remotely close to what a 335 can offer. Lesser 3's and even the m3 lack low end torque. Unfortunately, I believe, even the 135 suffers from hpfp failures. Other cars lack in handling, steering feel, and precission, throttle response...you name it. The 335 is truely a beautifull machine. If only it did not suffer from this serious issue, I would have kept my beatiful manual 08 e90 335i with sports package. :) So enjoy your 335i while you still got her and good luck with your situation.

Joseph
    San Diego
  • tborchmantborchman Member Posts: 7
    we drive it almost every day.
    Thank you sincerely, Joseph.... I agree that the car (other than the hpfp issue) is otherwise a delight. But, since it's dropped dead- literally, twice on hi-speed highways, I will no longer drive it. Not even home from the dealer. One further question... do you have any handle on whether the new 335's have fixed the problem? In other words, if they take this dog back from me am I SAFE in buying another one? As an aside, I am driving the X3 loaner and, despite fairly tepid reviews, is a reasonable compromise. It's MORE powerful than the 328 (260 hp) and no dreaded turbo and no hpfp. Just a kind of hinky transmission that can't sem to make up its mind when to shift! What I'd really like is a 335 without headaches.
    See my post #4537
    I actually drove aggressively this weekend, although in Los Angleles traffic. No way I would want to replace this car unless it were failing on me. I'll probably lease a non-twin turbo with no HPFP, like a 328, for which the consensus of reliabiilty is strong. I had two HPFP failures in 12 months and that was sufficient to gain a repurchase. There is a CA law in addition to the lemon law which is basically two strikes and you're out--I did the research. So BMW is obviously trying to avoid the catastrophic publicity which Toyota may not recover from for years. Curious how you avoided an accident when the car limped on the highway. In Los Angeles, this could be fatal. That was one of my strong arguments to get rid of it ASAP. But they have been very easy to deal with. I do not recommend invoking a legal argument or mentioning a lawyer; see how you progress; be objective and they will quickly examine your service record and probably come to the same conclusion. I will receive all of my lease payments back, minus a minor deduction for usage up to the initial HPFP failure. That means I will have driven the car for over two years at almost no cost. Fortunately, my failures were not rural, and the repairs were made in hours or one overnight, with free loaner and I was not marooned. But I love to ski, and have not driven this xi anywhere despite epic snowfalls in the Sierra recently.

Good luck
  • srs_49srs_49 Member Posts: 1,394
    Your driving habits sound very similar to mine. I have 2 cars that I alternate driving so I only put ~4,000 miles/year on each. Sometimes drive each one for a week or two at a time, and at other times drive one 3 days and the other 4 days in the same week. My daily commute is short by today's standards - ~8 miles one way.

I have never had a problem with either vehicle refusing to start, even the one with the 7 year old battery in it.

So like I said earlier, sounds like your dealer is feeding you a lot of bull.
    I certainly understand and agree on your conerns about safety. It's sad that BMW has allowed this to occur for so long from the very beginning of production way back in 2006 till today. I've read posts on m3post.com of people with 09's and even 2010 335s..with HPFP failures. I told the BMW representative in October of 2009, that I'd be willing to keep the 335 if they redesigned the fuel pump propperly. Her response was that the pump was already re-designed, and I've already recieved the new pump during replacement of the last failed pump. That was troubling since, this newly designed pump was failing ..as it was showing tell tale signs with 3-4 second crank times, just a few weeks after installation. Furthermore, she said that she knew not of any plans that BMW will be implementing a new re-design attempt. So, I don't believe BMW has solved the fuel pump failures yet...and I don't think they plan on it. This is probably the last year or two for this generation 3 series and I bet/hope BMW wants to address/eliminate the problem in the new generation 3.

I personally, would not buy a 135,335, or 535(09 or earlier)..all of wich have the fuel pump problem and would have reservations of leasing them due to safety concerns you pointed out. It's a shame.

Just wondering, I've wondered why some people get the failure and others don't. Some believe it is fuel grade/quality. I'm not sure about this since I don't take note of which gas station I use, but always put in the required 91 octane or higher. Maybe it's driver style? I personally drive some-what aggressively; meaning I redline often to hear her scream. I also like to pull hard in lower gears while on a slope to feel her torque in action. I wonder if the pump fails for drivers like myself who drive hard and wont fail for less agressive drivers. How do you drive? It might just be random failures due to tolerance variation.

Anyway, good luck and keep the community posted on your progress.

Joseph
    San Diego
  • kominskykominsky Member Posts: 850
    I drive about 80 highway miles 5 or more days a week. My factory battery went strong up to ~130K miles (roughly 6 years). Then one morning... nothing. I agree with load-testing, I think most of the chain auto-parts places will do it for free.
    Someone up there was watching over us in both of the "catastrophic" incidents. The first time on the Florida Turnpike I was in the right hand lane doing about 80 with trucks wizzing by on the left when she crapped out. I was seven miles from a large BMW dealer and was able to get the car started again and with RPMs at 1200, I limped there (taking over an hour to do so) at about 20 miles per hour using the shoulder. Fortunately I was able to easily pull onto the shoulder as the car slowly came to a halt and stalled without being rear-ended. Light traffic, thank heaven. The second failure occured in local traffic and I was able to limp into a driveway and then restart and "drive" the car several miles to my own dealer. The latest one occured on another hi speed highway at about 65 miles per hour. This time HE was watching again and I was within about 1000 yards of an off ramp which (you won't believe this) led directly into the driveway of my very own BMW dealer. Poetic don't you think.

They replaced the pump AGAIN and I drove her home this morning and put her in the garage NEVER TO BE DRIVEN BY ME AGAIN. My Dealer's SM assured me that he had contacted the BMW rep and I could expect a (most probably affirmative) response within 24 hours. Their plan is to "take me out of the car" (it's leased with 9 months to go). We haven't talked about replacement or $$....but I assume that they will do right by me (it's my 6th Beemer). If not- Pennsylvania law is VERY CLEAR on the subject and they (BMW) have already declared the car a lemon. I don't think they want to deal with this problem openly (as in court).

Stay tuned...I will keep the forum in the loop. P.S. thinking about the 328XI or, more probably an X3 since it has a little more guts than the 328.
    It's very smooth and easy to lemon. I declared my intent to lemon my 335i and BMW quickly handled the situation. I love BMW customer service, just worry about their cars.
    BMW has verbally "accepted" the lemonization of the car and we have spoken about a settlement that "seems" to be close to ok with me. Lots of help from my dealer who is working with me. Not surprising since I have told him if the settlement is acceptable that I will buy another BMW (this time an X3) since it has a nice inline 6 engine with 260 hp which is more than the 328 but just a bit lower than the n54 engine with the turbos on the 335. This type of deal actually has a name...it's called a "trade assist". That's when they put up some $$ in effect greatly discounting the new car as a settlement. I too love their Customer Service attitude...only a shame that they don't own up to this piece of junk of fuel pump and FIX IT. I'd love another 335XI...but not so long as they refuse to scrap this part and replace it with one that works....not just extend the warranty. I've come too close to getting creamed on two occasions to EVER trust this engine again. It sits in my garage pending the arrival of the new car. My only problem is that this has taken over a week so far to finally resolve and last night I got Customer Relations involved. My dealer won't let me near his contact at BMW.....Next step is an e-mail to Jim O'Donnell (pres. of BMWNA). I hate the thought of having to litigate this but my downside risk is minimal with only 9 lease payments now left. Hopefully they will stand up and be counted (as they usually do). And do it promptly.
    Glad to read about your miraculous escapes from danger. I think if someone died as a result of this problem, the NHTSA would order a recall. BMW does not want a Toyota-like public relations disaster. I phoned N.A. about January 4th, when I had just had my second HPFP replaced within approx. 12 months. I received three subsequent calls, the last one to confirm retiring my lease, with all payments being refunded, including the registration fee of $ 499 just paid to the CA DMV. There will be a reduction in payments to me for the prorated use up to the time of the initial HPFP failure based upon a statutory usage of 120,000 miles. Since I had driven only 6000miles at the time of the first HPFP failure the deduction will be just over $ 2000. And I will have to fix any "excess wear and tear." My lease has 11 months to go. I am ordering a 2011 328xi--it's too late to order a 2010--but be forewarned that the lease rates are currently quite high. I am hoping that once the car arrives, around the end of April, the money factor and perhaps some dealer incentives will reduce the monthly payment.
    When you changed battery do you have to re-enter any security code for Sat. radio to work?

I used to have Sears Auto Center change battery when I had an Acura, I don't know if that'll do for 330xi?
    I'm in the midst of negotiating a "lemon" settlement with BMW on my 335XI (3 HPFP REPLACEMENTS in the last 26 months(20k miles). I won't buy another car with the n54 engine but have been reading some earlier posts and it seems that there have been similar "limping" fuel issues in the 328 as well. Anybody have any experience with the issue on the X3 with the 260 hp inline 6 (2010 model)? I'd settle for one of these in the settlement if the engine does not have similar issues. I believe it is the same power plant that was in my 2006 330XI...if that's the case...that's an ok engine.(I think!?)

Thanks for any help and direction in this regard.

P.S. The decision makers at BMW will not talk directly with you regarding these issues. Apparently, and I quote Customer Relations: "they are not equippped for face time with customers". I kid you not. Customer Relations was akin to talking to a chair. They referred the issue back to my servicing dealer who is dealing with the "unnamed" guy at BMWNA. Two and a half weeks and counting. Tomorrow is supposed to be decision day...if no answer coming from BMW then we're off to the Lemon Lawyers. And, if Toyota thinks they have a public relations nightmare on their hands...wait until they muster the guard against BMW.
  • mylesrmylesr Member Posts: 9
    I own a 2004 325i w/60K. the light just came on strady orange. I run the car on regular gas and have replaced the air cleaner w/the lifetime after market type. Would any of these issues be contributing factors and what are the typical problems associated w/this light coming on?
    By "aftermarket" I presume you mean like a K&N or some such "free-flow" filter?

If that's the case, yeah, that could screw up your MAF sensor or throttle body.

You'd best check the trouble codes to see if in fact the error points to the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. If it does, you've got nothing to lose by cleaning it with a "sensor safe" cleaner. A new MAF is expensive.

And throw that K&N filter away--it's just going to mess things up, and it does nothing substantial on its own, as a drop-in device, for performance or power.
  • uncletouncleto Member Posts: 45
    Just read the Check Engine light on my 325ix and it says "Secondary air injection system, Bank 2. does anybody had experience this kind of malady. this car has almost 70,000 on it. and mostly driven once a day. any imputs will be much appreciated. thanks in adcance!
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like your air injection pump has gone south. It won't affect the performance or longevity of the car. It only affects emissions upon start-up. What usually happens is that the check valve fails and exhaust gasses eventually cook the pump. I'd replace the valve first(BMW has superceded the original part with a more durable unit). If that fails then pick up a good used pump. Depending on the year, it's a simple but fiddly DIY procedure.

• uncletouncleto Member Posts: 45
    Thanks for the input Roadburner! as soon as the weather permits im gonna do some trouble shooting starting withe the hoses. its been snowing here in NY this week. then, maybe replace the check valve. good thing about the 3 series is SAR is easier to access compare to 97 750i that you have to take out the front bumper. will keep you inform.
    Interesting that I recently put in K&N filter and 2-3 months later my SES light comes on. I bought a Onboard Scanner ($29 from eBay) and the code indicated said Fuel Too Rich (which could indicate something's up with the filter).

However I just cleared the code and it has not come back for more than a week and 1,000 miles. Does that mean it's fine now? I got that code after I refueled when it was pretty low on fuel. I thought it might have been a loose cap but probably wasn't.

I'll consider going back to the OEM filter and have the shop clean Mass Air Flow sensor if the SES light comes back again.
  • shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    Probably wise as the K&N will do absolutely nothing for performance and if anything will reduce your fuel economy.
    Get rid of that thing and put your OEM filter back on, would be my advice. A drop-in filter, no matter how non-restrictive, and without other modifications like cold air intake system, fuel enrichment and exhaust mods, does absolutely nothing for the car except.....maybe....1-2 HP at extreme rpm and the sensation, perhaps, of a little better throttle response....maybe. Balanced against these miniscule gains are the risk of fouling the MAF sensor and injecting debris into your engine.

BMW engineers are smart people with sharp pencils and lots of degrees. They are hard to beat with a $29 gadget.
    2006 330xi 82k miles... BMW says it's a lifetime fill, no need to change... anyone's transmission over 150k miles w/o trans fluid change?
    have your dealer or independent BMW mechanic change that transmission fluid immediately.

Change it.
    Now.

• skinhealerskinhealer Member Posts: 33
    Is buying the Main. Ext. Warranty wort the money? 2095.00 now for the
    3 series 2008 model.

Please advise.

Thank you,
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    How many miles do you drive per year? That makes a big difference..

But, it isn't likely that the extended maintenance will be worth it, at that price, no matter how much you drive... If the price was about $1500, then.. maybe...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Should I ask for any specific fluid like Red Line or whatever the BMW mechanic has would be fine?
  • whatever123whatever123 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I found a 2007 328i with 23K on it for 24K @ 1.9 APR. I am wondering if this a good buy. Secondly I am concerned about maintenance costs on the vehicle (high/ low etc). I am on the fence with regards to making a decision due to the maintenance costs. Any feedback and or experiences you share will help. Thanks.
    Our family currently runs three BMWs(counting the 1975 '02 I'm fixing up for my son). My 1995 3 Series has over 120,000 miles on it and maintenance and repair costs(including four sets of track tires) have averaged @5 cents per mile. My wife drives a 2004 X3 and at 92000 miles those same costs for it are averaging almost 3 cents per mile.
    Worth every penny, in my opinion...

• hubba433hubba433 Member Posts: 3
    Hi new to the forum I recently got my 3 series and the only problems I have noticed is the low beam head light has started to go out but then will come back on Im guessing its not the bulb its self if anyone has an idea of what it might be let me lnow thanks
    I just got a '03 325I and one of the low beams went out but the next time I turned them on they were fine I cant tell if its the bulb or something else any suggestions?