Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Maxima Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• gtspecgtspec Member Posts: 55
    I also notice a "click" sound right after I had started my 2002 Mxima SE in the morning, and it last for about half a second (sounds like from the ignition). Now I know more 2002 Maxima owners are experinecing the same problem. Before I bought my 2002 SE, I really thought MAXIMAs were perfect cars! Guess no car is perfect!
  • 90max90max Member Posts: 15
    Henne, there's nothing wrong with your power windows. The owner's manual explains the functions at page 2-27. The only reason I know is that I was caught off guard by the same issue. The power sunroof has the same issue.
  • wainwain Member Posts: 479
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Another filter cut up and measure by wain  Mar 09, 2002 (10:34 am)
    From the oil filter forum

I cut up the Nissan OE I took off my Maxima and compared it to the resuts from the 4 cyl Camry filters.
    Anyone else cutting up filters?
    Its easy, cut the case off with a hacksaw, then use a knife to cut out a 1 inch band all around - then measure that length.

The sizes I got were;
    Camry 4 cyl
    Purolater: 50.25 long x 1 7/8 high = 94.2 square inches
    SuperTech : 40.5 x 1 3/4 high = 70.8 square inches
    WIX 39.5 long x 1 5/8 high = 64.2 square inches

Nissan OE 42.25 x 2 3/8 = 100.3 square inches ????
    This was a longer/taller filter but only had about the same area as the smaller Purolater
    (for Maxima V 6) the antidrain back valve in the Nissan filter was very thin and did not have a lot of "body". Made in USA but I have never seen a relief valve like this one had .

Hey Maxima people who makes the Maxima filter?
    Anyone with valve clatter at startup after sitting overnight????
  • knapp3knapp3 Member Posts: 112
    I've used Wix and Mobil 1 filters without any start up noise on both a Maxima and Altima. Much improved over a very noisy Fram. Here is the web site upon which I based my other post about who makes Nissan oil filters:

http://www.nissan-global.com/GCC/Japan/NEWS/20010410_0e.html

Plus, here are a couple of other oil filters sites, Nissan friendly - but informative nonetheless:

http://www.nissanecenter.com/customer.htm

http://www.nissanecenter.com/customer.htm

Chuck

• knapp3knapp3 Member Posts: 112
  • nissanmaximanissanmaxima Member Posts: 4
    Are you saying that the reason the car has a wierd start is due to the filter? If so, where can I go to get it replaced?
    non Nissan filters solve the clatter at startup

unless its a bad timing chain

worked for me - on new Infiniti
  • hondahaterhondahater Member Posts: 1
    I HAD A 93 MAXIMA "SE" W/THE 3.0 DOHC I THINK THIS WAS THE FIRST YEAR FOR THE DOHC 3.O IT BEGAN MAKING NOISE IN VALVE TRAIN AND THE NISSAN DEALER TOLD ME IT NEEDED NEW CAM SPROCKETS AND I HAVE HEARD THE SAME NOISE IN OTHER MAXIMAS UP TO 95' IT WAS MOSTLY ON START UP BUT WOULD SOMTIMES PERSIST FOR ABOUT 15 MIN AND EVEN WHEN CAR HAD BEEN RUNNING ENGINE ALWAYS SOUNDED UNHEALTHY AND ROUGH WHICH IS NOT A NISSAN TRAIT. THEY SAID THAT IT WAS A KNOWN PROB W/ THE DOHC MOTOR AND IF IT WAS NOT FIXED WOULD EVENTUALLY JUMP TIMING AND REPAIRS WOULD BE $1500.WELL I GEUSS THEY WERE NOT KIDDING ON MY WAY TO TRADE ON AN 02'SE IT DIED W/169000 MILES DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN OR IF NISSAN FIXED THIS PROBLEM B/F I GET ANOTHER MAXIMA W/THE 3.5 DOHC 255 "NISSAN HP" MY 93' HAD 195HP AND SEEMED JUST AS FAST.I MAY GO W/ A GRAN PRIX GTP FOR ITS UNQUESTIONABLE 3800 V-6 ANY INFO APPRECIATED
  • dirkdaddydirkdaddy Member Posts: 313
    Well, with that many miles, things like timing chains and such will eventually wear out - they don't last forever. For super reliability the 3.8 is very good, although the supercharger might give trouble eventually. I don't know about the new ones, but the older 3.8's had terrible alternators, my pops has 3 bonnevilles and has gone through about 7 alternators.

The 3.8 has a ton of torque and will jump off the line. We have a Max 2000 SE and it has minimal torque off idle but will rev up and romp once you get it going. The powerbands of two cars is nearly opposite, but I'd have to lean towards the fatter GTP torque all other things being equal. You can even put a smaller pully on the supercharger in about 20 minutes and get extra 40 horsepower or so.

The GP body is not as well put together in my opinion, but if you're ok with the rest of the car, its a good choice. Other factors: Resale value is much less, and you can only get a automatic, pricy option groups, etc.

Good luck -
  • dahrens1dahrens1 Member Posts: 1
    I PURCHASED A 99 MAXIMA TWO MONTHS AGO, THE AUTO TRANS NOES NOT DOWN SHIFT INTO FIRST ALL THE TIME(ON SLOW CORNERS ETC.)YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN EFFORT, IN ORDER FOR THE CAR TO DOWN SHIFT! ANY HELP?? DAVE
  • kagedudekagedude Member Posts: 407
    Hi. I have a 2K1 Maxima and in the process of replacing the front and rear speakers. Looking at the front door panel, I see the 2 tabs where the screws are hidden. Once I take that off, anyone know the next step? Any more hidden screws? Thanks.
  • hennehenne Member Posts: 407
    The problem is when you do the auto up it is only supposed to go back down if it hits something so you dont pinch a finger or or something. My window does it everytime and there is nothing in the track to hit. I worked great for a few months now it wont shut unless you do it manually.

Will take it to the dealer when I get time off.

Thanks for your help.

Robert
  • fpasosfpasos Member Posts: 4
    I have a 99 maxima with 80000 miles. Recently when I start the car in the morning the engine revs up to 1500 rpm and stays there until it warms up. Is this normal? I had a tune-up done a couple months ago. Also, my transmision will not shift to fourth gear if I immediately start driving in the interstate. I reach 65 mph and will not go faster until the transmission has warm up some. Should I have to wait every morning for the engine to warm up? What is wrong? I want to know before I take it to a mechanic. Thank you
  • dbjorkdbjork Member Posts: 1
    Have a '98 SE with ~75k miles on 'er. The "Service Engine Soon" light recently came on. My first guess was a bad O2 sensor, but I figured checking out the codes first would be best. So, following the procedure in the Chilton's manual, the light blinked; 34, 39, and 345. 34 is the knock sensor, but 39 and 345 are not listed. Any ideas??? She's running fine and mileage seems normal. TIA
  • jaepiljaepil Member Posts: 5
    yeah I have been checking many different cars and it seems like they all vibrate. I checked 2002 CL and TL, they vibrate and I can feel the the entire car shaking. Lexus 300IS was very quiet but still I felt the vibe. It was a little lighter than our 2002 SE, though. I checked 2002 Toyota Camry, and it the steering wheel was shaking pretty hard. 2002 Accord was better than Camry but not like our SE. I think our SE is very very good. And I think other people who have been responding to you saying that their SE perfectly smooth and fine, I assuming that they are not as anal as we are. I think they are just casual drivers. So my verdict now is that SE is much better than a lot of cars, except Lexus. I won't be surprised if BMW or Mercedes vibrate harder than our SE. I live in Berkeley but my home is in SF. Thanks!
  • lance67lance67 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Maxima and have been experiencing a squeak in the front right wheel area. The squeak (sounds like a bird chirping) is only present at certain times, like when I have driven 20+ miles and is extremely loud both inside and outside the car. I have taken it to the dealer three times with no luck as the squeak is always there when I leave. They say they were unable to find anything. The wheel area does not have a place to grease so I know it cannot be that. I am extremely frustrated and was hoping someone else has experienced the same thing and can provide me with a solution. Thank you for your time!
    Try the water hose
    wet areas to try to localize the squeek
  • amitphilipamitphilip Member Posts: 4
    I also noticed this problem, and was worried about this. However, I came across a site today that mentioned that this was normal. It was some kind of check done by ABS at startup. I will post the link as soon as I find it.
  • amitphilipamitphilip Member Posts: 4
    Go to http://www.nissanhawaii.com/Faq.asp, and click on the 'Anti-Lock Braking System' link
    amitphilip - the click noise that your link talks about is when you actually drive (move) the car above 3~6 MPH, however I hear the click sound about 1 second after I start up my SE every morning (when the car is at stand still). I'm not sure if it's the same problem?

jaepil - Like you've said, we are just too anal about our SE!

***** To all 2002 Maxima owners, by this time all of you should have receive a "RECALL" letter from Nissan. It's regarding to a gas pedal stopper. Check with your dealer and they should know about it. It's FREE of charge for the dealer to replace the stopper. I'm bring my 2002 SE to the dealer next week for the stopper replacement. *****

***** To all 2002 Maxima owners, by this time all of you should have receive a "RECALL" letter from Nissan. It's regarding to a gas pedal stopper.

what is this?
    Here is the exact quote from the Nissan's RECALL notice for 2002 Maxima:

"Your vehicle is equipped with an electronic throttle control system. Under usual driving conditions, the stopper for the accelerator pedal will prevent excessive movement of the accelerator position sensor. However, if the driver pushes the pedal to the stopper with overly excessive force while at the same time pushing it to the right, the pedal may "over travel" due to the design of the stopper. This could cause the engine malfunction indicator lamp to come on and the engine speed to be severely limited. If this occurs unexpectelly, it could lead to a crash."
  • nissanmaximanissanmaxima Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima and just recently noticed that with the muffler, exhaust only comes out of one pipe. Does anybody have this similiar problem?
    This is Nissan's "Variable-Capacity Muffler"; exhaust comes out at one pipe during low RPM range (so more back pressure), and ONLY uses both pipes at high RPM. Click the link below and choose "Variable-Capacity Muffler" for a video demo;

http://www.nissandriven.com/vehicles/ModelAttributes/0,9443,20410|31005|,00.html#midpageAnchor

• wei5wei5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi fpwiii, my 94 Maxima has the same problem as you posted in message #94. How did you get your car fixed? Thanks a lot.
    new cars have computer controlled powertrains, and when cold, idle speed, fuel mixure (no chokes like old cars), even your transmission shifting is controlled for a cold motor. In many cases ODrive will not engage until the engine reaches a minimum operating temp to avoid damaging the motor by lugging it down before it is fully warm.

In otherwords, this is all normal, relax and enjoy your Max.

DD
    I took my 2002 SE in for a "recall" (refer to Message #623) replacement on the "gas pedal stopper" yesterday, and I had a chance to ask them to check the steering wheel vibration problem during idling speed when the gear is in "Drive". After everything is done, they told me it was becuase the idling speed was a little too low at only 500 RPM, when it's suppose to be around 750 RPM. Therefore they adjusted it to around 700 and now the vibration is almost unnoticeble. I guess I can call it a "MAXIMA" now when everything is feeling tide and smooth..... GREAT car, LOVE it!!!
  • argieargie Member Posts: 22
    People,

I just discovered this board, I'm from the Maxima Sedan site. I have included my previous post from the other board below. May be it would help some of you get your Maxima's problems fixed right. Good luck.

I noticed in previous posts that many people were unable to get their Maximas fixed or repaired for whatever reason. I have a 01 Maxima GLE and it runs great (so far) with only one little thing to complain about, the alignment problem.

A few days after I purchased the vehicle back in September of 2001, the alignment problem was noticed. The car kept on bearing to the right for some reason. It is fixed now, but it took me about 4 ridiculous trips to the dealer to get it right. You have to be tough on them (to a point) so that they would do it right.

How to be TOUGH & PERSISTANT? I have a list of who to talk to so that they would get the message. If the first person on the list doesn't help, go to the next one on the list.

1. The Service Dept. Supervisor

2. The Dealer's General Manager

3. NISSAN CORPORATION (the last stand)

Although I was very happy with the dealership (Sales Dept.) that I purchased my vehicle from, I couldn't say the same thing for it's Service Dept.
    The Service Dept. tried to brush me off about the alignment problem twice, so I had to head for another dealership to finally get the problem fixed and out of my mind.

At the original dealership, I was told by the Service Supervisor that my tires were too new to tell if anything was wrong with the alignment. And he said that they look at other areas but found no problems concerning the alignment. I was told to come back at the 3K oil change to see if the problem persisted. Ridiculous!

I went back at 3K oil change (free), but they still found nothing. However, this time the Supervisor said that my tire pressure was uneven and low. So that might have caused the problem.

That was a pure lie. I set the tire pressure myself several days before, using my and a gas station's pressure gauge. The tire pressure was fine. I did not said anything. Knowing that my short temper would explode in front of this Moron of a Supervisor and bring the dealership down. I thought that I might come back later, so I backed off.

I went to another dealer (this time near my house) and told them of the alignment problem. To my suprise, they tell me the same crap regarding the tire PRESSURE!!!

Thus, I decided to directely call NISSAN CORP. and complain to them. They set up a second meeting with the 2nd dealership that I went to. Guess what?! They found the problem and FIXED it for good!!!

I had to go to the dealers, since it was a pretty new car and was still under warranty. But I do not know if I could claim after going to a private shop. But that's another story.

The bottom line, push them until they get it fixed. Go to the head or the head of the head, etc.. and tell them about the problem. Some dealers are pretty awful when it comes time to service your vehicle, they could be sneaky too.

It seems that my phone call to NISSAN CORP. really set them straight. The Dealers really do care about the image or feedback they get from the CORP. They need the approval of the CORP to get the benefits or previleges to better survive. The Service Supervisor at the 2nd dealership was pretty worried, and nicely asked me if everything was corrected or fixed to my satisfaction. The 1st dealership called me to apologies after receiving the notice from the CORP. They offered me free oil change again, but I would never trust them again.

I'm sticking with the 2nd dealership for service, now!

One thing, do not bad mouth too much. You never know if someone at the service dept. would go crazy and really fix your car (you know what I mean). Know where the line must be drawn.

TIRES:

I have 17" wheels with 225/50RV/17 Bridgestone Potenza tires. The 92RE type.

It is a pretty good high performance tire. However, every tire is created from different stacks of the same material. So there might be some minor differences on them. But enough to create, what seems to be, alignment problems.

Meaning, tires are made every day by the manufactures. The rubber or other materials they use would have slight differences with the stock they come with. Yesterday's stock of material might have slight different compounds compared to today's. Thus, creating slight uneven formations.

To actually tell if the alignment problem was caused by the tires. Switch or ask the mechanic to switch the tires to each side. Not front and back like a tire rotation. Drive the vehicle again, on an pretty well known flat road. If it bears to the opposite side after the switch, then it is the TIRES. Of course, make sure the Stearing Wheel is straight and not tilted slightly to one side in order to keep the car straight.

Well, I better stop here. I could start a book if I go further.
    People,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the IGNITION problem for my '01 Maxima? I would like to hear from people that have experienced or know somebody that had an IGNITION problem with their new Maximas.

I took my vehicle to the dealer's service dept. and had them check on the apparent ignition problems that has surfaced occasionally. They could not specifically find the source of the problem nor they could duplicate it.

I was told by the service supervisor that there were only five other reported IGNITION problems with the Nissan Maxima that was recorded by Nissan Corp. They requested me to pay attention next time when this IGNITION problem surfaces again so they could properly find and fix the problem.

The situation is not frequent, but new vehicles should not have this problem.

Here is the break down:

- About once every 3 weeks or so, I have to start my vehicle 2 to 3 times to make it run. Mostly, it happens during cold starts (when not used for 12 or more hours).

- Me and my friend (who is a self taught mechanic) think that it might be either: Ignition Timing problem, Starter problem, or Fuel Injection problem.

- Last week, this problem resurfaced. And I had to pump the gas pedal one time to start the engine properly. I know for a fact the new vehicles should not require to pump the gas pedal to help start the engine. This could be a Fuel Injection problem.

- The service supervisor says that it might be the key itself. The chip inside the key could be giving problems.

- However, I hear the engine cranking even when it could not fully start. When it does finally run, it would hesitate at first by shaking a little and goes to normal engine idle.

Like I said, this only happens about once every 3 weeks. But to a new car?!

I would appreciate if anyone could throw in some ideas or experiences from similar past problems. Thanks.
  • dklaneckydklanecky Member Posts: 559
    I have a 00SE that had a similar type of issue when I first started driving it in November 1999.

My service manager made a suggestion that I have followed since and haven't had the problem re-occur.

He said that the chip in the key has to "have a second or so to be recognized by the security system". He said simply put the key in the ignition, pause for a second before turning the key to start the car.

I have 85,100 miles on this car now and as I said, the issue has dissappeared. Matter of fact I had forgotten about it until I read your post.

It might work for you as well?
    Thanks for the advice, I will try your suggestion.

However, what puzzles me is that the engine is still able to crank. I feel that it is trying to start, but just doesn't have enough juice to fully do so.

I was thinking that if the car couldn't read the chip inside the key at first, it would not allow the engine to work at all. Of course, I'm not so sure how the Engine Immobilizer works.

Thanks again for the advice, I will definitely try it.
  • kennyg5kennyg5 Member Posts: 360
    I also had a problem with my 96 Max GLE which happened two year ago. The ignition was dead when I tried to start it in the morning. However, when I tried cranking the engine at night, it started w/o a hitch. I wrote to Nissan and they offered me a free checkup by the dealer.Since the problem never re-surfaced, I never needed the checkup. By the way, I agree that the Max front seats are not very comfortable and I am of average size.
    a wrong key, or key that has not been "read" by the computer will still crank the car. One of our new key would not start the car, that's how I know. Just because it cranks...

Thanks for advice on the delay start. Same thing had happened to me. May also be fuel pressure building up in FI system.

DD
  • rodic66rodic66 Member Posts: 1
    Wow, I finally find out that I am not the only one that have this problem, in my case this problem reappearing every week or so, and I don't really think that key delay trick would solve this problem (although I might be wrong), because sometimes I need to turn key several times pumping the pedal to start the car. Unfortunately I don’t know what to do since my dealer gives me some bull about bad battery( it is maxima 2001 for crying out loud) or something else. But I’ll try that key trick tonight and if it works that would be fantastic cause I’m getting really uneasy every time I climb in my car.
    Thanks a lot.
    Thanks for the advice, let's hope this key delay thing works. I'll post any updates to the situation.
    I don't believe the battery story either.

I was offered by the dealer service dept. to have the keys reprogrammed just in case this continues. I hope that it would not occurred again.

May be you could request them to have your keys reprogrammed. If it gets worst (well, its bad already), get a hold of the general manager. If that doesn't work, call Nissan Corp.

I would do the same if it doesn't get any better (knock on wood!).
  • sooksook Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2k1 Maxima and every time I turn the
    engine off I hear a buzzing sound. Has anyone else
    noticed this? I see a TSB for it, but I haven't
    found anything more specific on the problem.

Thanks.

2001 Maxima
    Service Bulletin Number: NTB01010
    Bulletin Sequence Number: 187
    Date of Bulletin: 02/01

NHTSA Item Number: SB618795
    Component: Engine

Summary:
    Some vehicles may exhibit a buzzing noise coming from the engine
    compartment for several seconds after the ignition key is turned
    off.
  • dakers1dakers1 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 92 Maxima SE that I is giving me fits. It stalls constantly, sometimes at a stop when the car is in drive and sometimes when I am on the freeway at 65 mph. It will sputter and spit at when idling and when accelerating. The sputtering appears to occur most often at about 1800 rpm. If I take my foot of the gas and then depress it again, the problem goes away. If I try to just accelerate through the problem, the sputtering continues. I also have a problem with an upper end noise that sounds like the car is not getting enough oil. This goes away after about 3-5 minutes of driving.I had the vtoc valve service bulletin fix a couple of years ago. I have had the computer replaced($750) and now am looking at either replacing the coils(6 of those little sobs) or spending thousands on checking the wiring harness. I notice that member "oceanblue" had a similar problem a couple of years ago. Does anyone have a fix for this problem or should I just give up on my 4dsc and buy a Honda?
    I have a friend that has a '01 Maxima like myself. The only problem that he encountered with the vehicle were the brakes. His car's rear brakes were making a rhythmic scraping or grinding noise when trying to brake at low speeds.
    This specially happens when driving the car shortly after starting the engine.

We thought that it was probably due to the metallic brakes and cold weather combined. However, the dealer found that his rear brakes were defective. He was told that there were a Bulletin Notice to this problem.

The dealer service dept. stated that: REAR BRAKE PADS AND SHIM KIT WERE DEFECTIVE OR POOR MATERIAL. REPLACE REAR BRAKE AND SHIM KIT PER BULLETIN.

After that, there were no more problems with his rear brakes. They didn't charge him anything, since the car was still under warranty.

Hope that this notice would help some of you that have this brake noise problem.

As for my '01 Maxima ignition problem, I had my keys reprogrammed and ran around town this weekend without any ignition hitch. There were many stops that I had to make. Every time I started the vehicle, it was smooth and quick.

So far, so good.
  • ccermakccermak Member Posts: 260
    When my sub pumps out bass it sounds half [non-permissible content removed] because there's a reverb throughout the car that sounds bad. I've heard of a TSB for the rear deck lid rattle that consists of a foam kit. I'm pressuring my dealer and would like this put in before I hit 36K miles. Have 31K now on 2000 SE. Anybody remember that TSB# or post number?

Thanks
    I have a 2000 se 5speed and have had the fuel cut reprogramming done. it seems that about 1/2 the time the car is hard to start now. It used to fire up right away and run like a champ. Once running, it goes ok.

I thought maybe it was the key code security not being read fast enough, but the last time I started it it took 3-4 tries to get it going and it was sputtering, not like it had zero ignition like when the security is engaged (I know, I had a bad key - the motor will turn but not fire if key is bad).

If someone finds a problem, let us know.

THanks,

DD
  • hennehenne Member Posts: 407
    I have a 02 Maxima GLE and the MPG computer is always about 5mpg too high. I asked the dealer months ago about it and he said that was way off and to bring it in. Well after the list was up to 6 problems including the recall I took it in. After I picked it up same day they said that they found nothing wrong and the same guy I had spoke with earlier said that its very rare for it to be right and 5mpg isnt that bad. Anybody else have this and what did you do?

I also have a problem with the cruise. When I have the cruise on and set, the set light will sometimes blink and it will still work sometimes and not others. Anybody having that problem?

Your response is greatly appreciated,

Robert
  • mstirtonmstirton Member Posts: 2
    I'm only getting about 22mpg and it consistently reads over 27. This wouldn't be too bad if I weren't driving 95% of my miles on the freeway.
    Sounds like Nissan did not calabrate the system very well. Maybe not set for the 17" wheel/tire combo? wonder what the [non-permissible content removed] version uses, I would bet with that tire its accurate. [non-permissible content removed] public would not accept 5mpg variation from actual. I have a Oldsmobile Van that has such an accurate MPG computer I totally quit tracking it manually as it was redundant redundant.

22mpg is about what I've gotten on our '00 5spd in mixed driving, but the van gets 23.5-24.5 commuting in heavy traffic, and on the highway can flirt with 27mpg.

DD
  • ilitilit Member Posts: 71
    ccemak: Read posts #570, 572, and 574
  • moobthoj1moobthoj1 Member Posts: 8
    I have 98 Max SE; bougth it new and after 1000 miles driving, I stop and parked the car..there's this whining sound coming from the engine. It sounds like a belt rotating. If I press the accelerator pedal a little, the noise disappears and won't appear again until I start the car, drive it, then park it. I can repeat this everytime. Took it to the dealer...he said "it's normal"..but I don't buy it but left it since car still drives fine. But now, it's getting annoying. I've read many comments in here but I'm still not clear as to what it could be...the timing chain? Anybody with same experience?
  • wbenedictwbenedict Member Posts: 27
    I just took my 2000 SE in for oil change/tire rotation/annual inspection. The svc mgr called me and said that on the road test the tech experienced some pull, and upon further examination, determined that the rotors need to be grinded. The car has under 13K miles and the vast majority of the miles are from driving it about 3miles a day to the train and back (no fast speeds/no hard stopping).

Now, I'm no expert but I've had 4 other new cars in my lifetime and driven them pretty hard and have never had any problem like this (other cars had b/t 60-90K miles on them when I sold them). Sounds to me like the problem is being caused by some other factor - over tightening of the wheel lugs, defective rotor, etc. Any ideas?
  • beaulierbeaulier Member Posts: 9
    The wife and I are considering the purchase of a 2002 Maxima SE or GLE. Has anybody had issues or problems with either the Leather or Traction Control options???

I drive a 2001 PF LE with leather and have not been very impressed with how the leather looks after just one year.

Thank you.
  • bianca2bianca2 Member Posts: 78
    I have a y2K GLE with light grey ("frost") leather. It looks fine, although the lower part of the doors does show scuff marks (that part is not leather, just vinyl or something). I don't take as good care of it as I should with the cleaning and conditioning, but on the other hand it's just two adults so we're not as hard on the seats as a family with kids would be.

I like having the traction control. It has kicked in a few times. Probably could live without it but I'm glad it's there.
  • djp2cdjp2c Member Posts: 39
    Does anyone have any info on the Hood Vibrations while driving at higher speeds.

Mine seems to bounce in about the middle part of the hood

Any help appreciated