Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Silverado Accessories

13»

Comments

• minikinminikin Member Posts: 389
    You can use the Extang with the Whale tale, but none of the hard covers will fit; especially the ARE which "covers" the top of the tailgate for locking purposes. At the risk of violating the stuff for sale prohibition on this site, I'd be happy to sell off my 6 month used Extang Black Max with a pair of Extang tie downs thrown in for $100 plus shipping; public service and to get it out of my garage.
    -- Don
  • jaguar0027jaguar0027 Member Posts: 387
    Thanks much for the info. I installed the Extang last night. Looks and fits great. I did take off the whale tail however... :(

Oby.. where did you get your stainless tailgate protector from?

Thanks..
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    bought it from coolwheels.com believe it is made by DeeZee or Putco.

http://www.coolwheels.com/

was trying to post the link to the exact item but edmunds won't allow it. something to do with 150 characters.

Thanks for the info. So your tailgate protector is just for the top of the tailgate or the entire tailgate?

Also it comes down far enough to cover the screw holes made by the whaletale?
    and it also covers the holes left by the screws of the whale tale on the outside of the tailgate. A good way to be sure is to ask dr. cool...
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    sucks

i sent 3 emails and finally the last was answered. I asked about the black stull billet grill. Only answer i got was a Yes it should fit.

He said he didnt get my first 2 emails. WELL where did they go?

They do have good prices though
    and they have a good price, did you order one?
  • minikinminikin Member Posts: 389
    Makes a black billet grille for the Silverado now?
    -- Don
    Yes they do don

like $130 there

Check out http://www.coolwheels.com

Obyone i havent ordered. Reason last month was bad. Credit card bill was very high (school/books)

Bilstein shocks will be ordered sometime this week. I plan on waiting till spring (after snow/salt) to order the billet grill. Trust me its coming im just gonna wait till the weather turns nice again.

Ryan

Thanks for the info on the tailgate protector.

Ryan - You gotta let me know how the Bilstein's work for you. Im thinking of upgrading next year!

Jim
    Ill let you know sometime late late next wk (15th) or the following weekend

In this pic you can see what i have

westin nerf bars
    go rhino grill guard
    side windows tinted
    285/75/R16 tires
    etc...
  • bobp618bobp618 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2002 Silverado base truck. It has no arm rest/storage area between the seats but it looks like it would accomodate one. Does anyone know where to get one like the ones that come standard in the LS versions?
This discussion has been closed.