Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• rgrossmanrgrossman Member Posts: 37
    Make sure you move the rear bar as far back as it can go so you can more easily get the boat onto the hully roller. Even with the bar all the way to the rear you may have to rest the boat on the top of the rear hatch while you get into position to lift up the other side of the boat to roll it into position. In order to prevent scratches, I drape a folded beach towel over the rear roof and hatch and rest the boat on the towel. Good luck.
  • calucykcalucyk Member Posts: 35
    John, Thanks so much for your feedback. I can't thank you enough! I like the movies idea... now I can visit the dealership with my laptop and prove to them that I still have a problem.

Again, BIG thanks, Tony
  • bruser1bruser1 Member Posts: 31
    Got the LTZ back today after 4 days in the shop. Complaints: Drivers OSRV mirror erratic movement - replaced mirror; Automatic day-night feature operating in full daylight (time varies)- test mirrors working at this time; Aux power outlet protrusion indents rear leather seat - replaced part per Bulletin 02-08-49-009; Left rear door hard to close (4th time for this)- remove and replace left rear door striker. I have an appointment with the Service Manager tomorrow to clarify my frustration with the service department. I'll wrap this up with a question, on this rear door issue, which is still hard to close, didn't someone mention that they had doors aligned by force at their dealerships body shop and when this would come up on the factory line they used force also? This door sags 3/8" from center post to rear and these guys replace a perfectly good striker, unbelievable. If someone has had this alignment problem and corrected it would you please pass it on to me. Thanks
  • 2002slt2002slt Member Posts: 228
    It doesn't pay for me. I let mine expire last month and just today I got a letter in the mail from them. Here's the headline: "We are concerned. We haven't heard from you." It then goes on to say that if I don't renew by 4/7/03 I could lose the chance to pay ONLY $199 for another year of service. What, are they implying it could increase in price if I were to renew at a later date?
    If OnStar had even a little bit of value, for me, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Sure they can unlock my doors if I lock my keys in, but I haven't done that since I was in High School (Many many years ago). They can notify the police if my airbag goes off. I'll take the gamble on that. Give me real features. Start my car when I call. Let me ask for help with directions, but not make me pay an extra $200 per year for that service.
    I used the phone feature once, what a trip to the past. You get all the static of yesteryear, and the prices per minute to match.
    I'm sorry for my rant, but I feel better now.
    When one considers what you pay to install a similar tracking system like lojack, Onstar really isn't that bad. I seem to remember paying around $700 for Lojack years ago. Not sure what it costs now. Maybe Lojack has changed in recent years but I remember distinctly that I could not relocate my Lojack into my new car. So that investment is gone when you sell or trade in your car. So if you change cars every few years, then Onstar could actually be cheaper.

As for the phone, I have found it to be pretty good overall and far superior to my Startac mobil in terms of quality. Perhaps because it is higher power than the handhelds, the connections seem much clearer to me. I particularly like the handsfree operation. I will admit on a minute per minute basis its a bit pricey. However, I only use it for short calls and there's no monthly bill to worry about.

I think its also nice to have Onstar notify police in the event of an airbag deployment. No one ever thinks they're going to be left unconscious, in a single car accident in an isolated area late at night but those things happen. So for all the reasons above, I think $200/yr is pretty reasonable for the basic services offered.
  • lurker01lurker01 Member Posts: 103
    Here is my $0.02...

The basic Onstar is $200/year. For that, you basically get an insurance policy. There is nothing I can think of that I can use on a daily basis without paying them even more money. The phone, directions, etc. are all extra. So, what I get is:
    Airbag notification IF there is an accident.
    Vehicle tracking IF my truck is stolen.
    Door unlock IF I lock my keys in the truck.
    Vehicle diagnotsics IF my truck is not working right.

So, basically, if none of these RARE occuraces happen, they get my $200 and I get NOTHING.
    That means this insurance policy costs me 25% of what my main auto insurance costs and offers me very little.

I would be willing to pay maybe $60 a year for this insurance, but certainly not $200. The risk/benefit is just not in my favor at all.

If there was ANYTHING the system was good for on a normal basis, I would consider it. But there is not.

So, get a cell phone, drive carefully, don't park in bad neighborhoods, take the truck to the dealer if it acts up and have your spouse carry the extra set of keys. Then take her/him out for a nice dinner twice a year on the money you saved!

[Why is it a penny for your thoughts but you have to put your two cents in? Someone is making a penny!]
  • blrmkrblrmkr Member Posts: 40
    I didn't realize that the plastic around the battery in Triplets is a sort of forced air cooling system for the battery. An article in 'Automotive Engineering' this month listed features of the new Colorado and the battery-cooling feature was one of them (a carry-over from the Triplets).
  • pauleulpauleul Member Posts: 116
    Anyone ever give thought to OnStar power drain? The system must be on 24/7 if we can simply call in and have the doors unlocked. Same for the ability to locate it at any time. I assume the power drain is small as it is in cell phones, but still it would eventually drain the battery.

Along the same lines, does everyone know that all of your power outlets also are "always on". That means anything left plugged in and on continues to draw power even if the key is off. Could be the reason some have had problems with their battery going dead.

Just my half cent (I'm cheap)
  • 2yearleaseonly2yearleaseonly Member Posts: 107
    lurker01 writes "I would be willing to pay maybe $60 a year for this insurance, but certainly not $200. The risk/benefit is just not in my favor at all."

I agree 100 percent. And 60 dollars may be still too high. A clear case of pricing out of whack with the benefit. I argued with the goodwill rep when they called to welcome me to my complimentary first year. I told him frankly, for free, its still a little over priced. He didn't want to hear it.
    Considering they gave you your first year free and you're under no obligation to renew I didn't realize this benign service could generate this much passion. ;-)

You're right Lurker, Onstar is a kind of insurance. The nature of insurance is to asses the risk something bad will happen and try to assign monetary values to it. To me its worth it, to you not. Good luck.
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    Who was it recently that posted that they did not renew onstar and were angry that onstar wanted to charge them for finding their car when it was stolen? Sounds like the commercial airing now on the networks where a lady says she wants free banking and free checking and free this and free that. There are very few truely free things in life. Why would Onstar or anyone else go through the trouble of setting up a network of people and offices and phone lines so you could have the service for free. If you don't want to spend $200.00 then don't. But to some it may be worth every penny. I for one would be very happy to never collect on someone's life insurance policy.

Frank
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    If you don't want to spend $200.00 then don't.

It's not just $200, you are spending about $500 on it when you buy the vehicle. It's built into the price, and can't be avoided on certain trim lines. That's my beef with it!
  • cparise1cparise1 Member Posts: 109
    These discussions look similar to past. I can't resist jumping in. As an On Star phone subscriber I think its a great safety and convenience feature. I purchase the 60 day 30 minute package for $10, if I need more I can buy automatically. I have come to realize how much more attentively I drive when I use the hands free phone, which is one of the big selling features of the service. If it makes sense in your particular situation consider having your personal cell phone turned off. I had my personal cell turned off, but I am also burdened with a company cell phone. When I alternate between the two as sometimes I must, the safety and convience of the On Star phone service can not be equaled. As for quality of sound, mine is fantastic where ever I have gone in the mid-west (Milwaukee-Madison-Chicago).

Chris
  • kmhkmh Member Posts: 143
    I have a TB with about 3K miles and have noticed since the weather has been warmer that the A/C is NOT working. It worked a little bit earlier in the day but as the day wore on the A/C was out. No cold air whatsoever. My TB has the manual dual climate. Anyone else have this problem and what's the fix???
  • richlavoierichlavoie Member Posts: 56
    I am wondering what the truth is regarding breaking in new vehicles. I know it is something that was done years ago, but I was under the impression that it wasn't necessary anymore as this was already done in the factory!? What is the real story. I will receive my TB in early June and intent to start hauling my trailer (3000 lbs) with it soonest. If this needs to be done, what are the rules of breaking in a TB or any new vehicles?
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    richlavoie - I would give it 500 miles to break in before towing. Your engine and brakes will thank you. Besides, you'll probably end up driving it that much your first weekend with it, I know I always do.

kmh - I don't have the manual climate control, but there is probably an A/C button that needs to be pushed in for the compressor to run. It is probably marked with a picture of a snowflake.
  • smfransmfran Member Posts: 432
    I really love my Envoy XL and am very glad I decided to get it. My minor issues are:

1) The wind noise is more than I'm used to. My dealer has done what he can with the door seals but it hasn't improved. The Consumers Report auto issue mentions wind noise also. I'm now wondering if it is actually caused by the roof rack and not door seals. Any comments?

2) The Bose 6 CD changer makes frequent rubbing/grinding sounds while playing CDs. If I turn the volume down I can really hear it. I checked out other vehicles in the dealer's lot with the same system and they all do it. The single CD players did not. Does anyone else out there experience this?

3) When I put the A/C system on defrost, the temperature of the supplied air to the windshield increases and becomes much warmer than what I have it set at. For example, if I change back to the front vents, the air temp returns to what it should be. This never was the case with my past Bonnevilles.

4)I think if On star included a hand held phone that you could take with you when you leave the vehicle, it would be more attractive to me. Then I could cancel my current cellular deal. I love the On star phone system, but can not justify having two plans. If they did this and made the cost per minute around .10$, I think more people would renew for $199.00 and buy the phone service.
  • cwhawkcwhawk Member Posts: 38
    I have a 2002 TB LTZ with 15,000 miles. I have had the usual quirks such as wandering mirrors and rear tag gasket. I am completely satisfied except gas mileage. I get 14.5 in combined driving and 19.5 at a steady 65 mph on the highway. With the 342 rear axle, I expected more since the city rating was 16 and the highway rating was 23. The mileage has remained the same since the first tank. At $1.55 per gallon, it hurts.

I have read many posts about gas mileage - some getting better and some getting worse. My question is, has anyone had anything done that resulted in better gas mileage? If so, what was done and what were the results. I am thinking about changing to synthetic oil. What results have others actually achieved? How about a K&N air filter? Did anyone receive better mileage?

I have always kept up with the latest DIC, but nothing has made any difference. I don't need a lecture about this being an SUV and it is good compared to others. The fact is - it is significantly below EPA figures. I believe this is a good purpose for this board, to exchange ideas and improve our vehicles. Thanks for any assistance you can give.
    I have a 2002 Envoy SLT (Non-XL) and my sticker claims 15MPG city and 21MPG highway. Is the Trailblazer really rated higher? I'm satisfied with my combined fuel economy of about 16MPG. I tend not to drive for economy, though. I like to drive somewhat aggressively.
  • cparise1cparise1 Member Posts: 109
    I am satisfied with the mileage. Sticker says 15 City, 20 Hwy (maybe says 21 Hwy). If I stay 90% on they Highway my mileage is somewhere between 17.8 and 18.8 MPG. If I drive closer to 50/50, my mileage is about 16.5. I think the EPA rating is correct based on my experience. If the DIC is reset on each tank I have found it to be very accurate. I believe that a trip with an Interstate route or limited access highway would easily results in mileage of 19-21 since I've experienced those results on my commute. But, if I drive into town with all the stop and go and lots of idling the mileage is really impacted. Cold starting also eats gas.
    I am not complaining about the mileage, I love my Envoy and its been good to me.
    Some one asked about "break in period". The manual has explicit instructions about the 500 mile break in period. I followed them closely.
    Chris
  • gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    I've taken both the roof rack crossbars and the rack itself off. No improvement in wind noise. It's the doors and the mirrors. My wifes '99 Cavalier is quieter.

GAM
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    yes, but did she pay 35 k for it?
  • aldan93aldan93 Member Posts: 202
    I think of it this way, If you want ONSTAR fine pay the money!!! And don't complain! I've been around the block and have seen people gripe or refuse to do or pay for certain things. I'll leave you with this example, I know a guy that built this HUGE house 4000sq.+ on a private lake in an up scale neighborhood with a 911 in the driveway, a Cady, and some other foreign car under a tarp, I think he starts it up once a year to look at it? well anyway you would think this guy would pay for cable? No he is asking me how to steal Direct TV, because the cable he is currently stealing only has 80 channels!!! I think this guys taxes are like 14K a year, and he's stealing cable!!! Yikes! So for every person that says you can't afford Onstar, or like the guy above, I pitty the fool!

Its like the guy who buys a SCARAB boat with twin 502's, He never takes it out because gas is $2 a gallon, dude your boat is 115K NEW!, A tank of gas is $200 bucks! I'll never understand!

I drive my vehicle and boat like I stole it!

LATER
  • kmhkmh Member Posts: 143
    Yes, definitely have pushed the button with the snowflake on it and the button lights up but the compressor never seems to kick on. Very frustation and disappointed - and hot.
    Greg -
    Thanks for the feedback. I was really hoping that I may have discovered the root cause of the wind noise. I did fold the mirrors in to see if that made a difference. It did not. I read your post #10473 and would really appreciate the pictures you offered.

Stephen
    My 2003 Envoy XL has the positioning piece for the rear seat belts (for short passengers), but I can not locate the compartment for the elastic tether. Where is it?
    To all,

I've been having computer problems (at home, not the truck!) and just got back online. I will borrow the camera from work and try to post some pictures later in the week on my wind noise fixes. I own several film cameras and just haven't been able to convince myself I need a digital (but that's a different story).

GAM
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Member Posts: 100
    "My 2003 Envoy XL has the positioning piece for the rear seat belts (for short passengers), but I can not locate the compartment for the elastic tether. Where is it?"

Not sure what you mean by "compartment" but maybe this is what your lookin for.

TSB 02-09-40-005A
    Subject:Availability of Rear Seat Shoulder Belt Comfort Guides

Models:
    2003 Buick Century, Regal
    2003 Pontiac Grand Prix
    2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT
    2003 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado Extended Cab, Suburban,
    Tahoe, TrailBlazer EXT
    2003 GMC Envoy XL, Sierra Extended Cab, Yukon, Yukon XL

Some early 2003 production vehicles were manufactured without rear seat shoulder belt comfort guides. This comfort guide is a plastic guide attached to a short elastic tether that positions the shoulder belt away from the neck of short occupants, whether children or adults. A rear seat shoulder belt comfort guide may help improve the comfort of the shoulder portion of the safety belt for occupants sitting in the rear outboard seating positions.

While these vehicles comply with all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, some customers may request to have these comfort guides installed on their vehicle. Comfort guides are currently available from GMSPO

Upon customer request, dealers are authorized to install these rear seat shoulder belt comfort guides at no cost to the customers.
    Thanks for the offer. I look forward to seeing the pics of the wind noise fixes.

Stephen
    Nuyorkah - Thanks for posting the TSB info. I have the comfort guides on the shoulder belt straps in my Envoy XL but do not seem to have the elastic cords. My owners manual (pg. 1-28) states that for vehicles with a third row of seats, an elastic cord with a hook end is located in a pocket on the side of the seat backs. I don't think I have a pocket on the side of the seat backs. Is that why there is a TSB on the Envoy XL and Trailblazer EXT and not on the standard length models?
  • smmillersmmiller Member Posts: 19
    I agree that onstar is overpriced. I think onstar should consider partnering with AAA and charge say - $100 a year extra. That would be a great deal. I could get one plan that provides all the road service I will ever need.

But, at $200 and that $200 doesn't even come close to replicating what AAA gives me for about $60 a year... It's unlikely that I will consider renewing onstar.

My guess is that if onstar is making money, and it won't be from me, then it's pretty obvious that myself (and a lot of others in this forum) are outside the target market for onstar. either that or onstar is missing out on a lot of revenue due to overpricing.
  • envoyloverenvoylover Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2002 envoy SLT with the automatic climate control. Is it normal to have to hit the ac recirculate button ever time you start the car or should it stay on after you turn it on? My manual says it will do it automatically for maximum efficiency. I live in Houston and even when it is 98F and 75% humidity I never see it automatically re circulate.

My second question is when I am driving at steady state conditions and lightly give it gas I hear a whishing sound. Is this normal?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • sostroublesostrouble Member Posts: 65
    Just so that everyone knows, I had paid my bill to Onstar. The bill had been paid since last June. OnStar now admits that they made a mistake. They put a $199.00 credit on my account but failed to keep the service activated. They are now trying to settle with me. (Six months of Free OnStar is their offer.) Not only do they have accounting problems their people are hard to deal with in an emergency. By delaying the recovery of my Envoy, they allowed one of the suspects to escape with my daughter's purse, he now has keys to my home, keys to several of our other cars and other items that can't be replaced.

Their commercial is also a joke. They do not come on the line right away. You have to go through several menus and then still have to wait.

Onstar can't explain what happened. Just that it's not their problem. They admitted to making a mistake, but it's my problem not theirs. So even if you have a canceled check, call to verify that you have the service.

As far as the product is concerned, it worked even after the cable to the antenna was cut and the wiring harness for onstar was cut, they just forgot to cut the GPS wire.

There is one good thing from all of this, the police did get the driver and I picked him out in a lineup. We are going to court this thursday, preliminary hearing. He's facing Robbery, Assault, Armed Criminal Action and Stealing and that is just in the county. There are additional charges in the city where they caught him.

So the question is, do I keep Onstar? They did, after delays, help in the recovery. But their accounting procedures and people covering the phones leave little to be desired!! Decision still to be determined!! Right now I don't need Onstar, I still do not have my Envoy back. It was 30 days on Sunday.

What do you think that OnStar should do because of their mistake? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Debbie
  • rorodadrorodad Member Posts: 13
    Well, I brought my "03 TB in to dealer for the 3rd time today. This time , the mechanic did a "180" to my rear driveshaft. I think this means he turned it 180 degrees to see if this would help the vibrations in my gas pedal( feels like someone is tickling my foot),steeling wheel, and passenger side floorboard. It did not do a thing. Better yet, When I saw this mechanic outside and asked him if the vibration went away, his response was " All Trailblazers Run Like This." Obviously he has NO idea how to fix this problem. Maybe someone will steal this Lemon. I have drove 2 other TB's and they DO NOT HAVE VIBRATIONS !!!
  • 2yearleaseonly2yearleaseonly Member Posts: 107
    I pulled this from the GM web site and cut and pasted it for your benefit. As we speak, my Envoy is at my very cooperative dealer having this done. I will let you know if it works. Have your dealer order and install this part as well. Just have the lazy slobs in your service dept, who should have known this first, instead of you having the burden of showing them, order this part. Good luck...

"Owners of some 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazers, GMC Envoys and Oldsmobile Bravadas with the 4.2L LL8 engine may experience noise and vibration between 800 - 900 rpm. They may comment about engine buzz noise, and vibration felt at the accelerator pedal, steering wheel, and center console."

Verify that the intake pre-plenum is securely mounted. Press down on the plastic intake pre-plenum. If the vibration is eliminated, replace the intake pre-plenum with part number 15176239.

- Thanks to GM Technical Assistance
  • giddens_johngiddens_john Member Posts: 77
    "Is it normal to have to hit the ac re circulate button ever time you start the car or should it stay on after you turn it on? My manual says it will do it automatically for maximum efficiency. I live in Houston and even when it is 98F and 75% humidity I never see it automatically re circulate."

As a Houston area resident I can confirm I've never had the auto a/c re circulate on it's own either, and yes you have to hit the re circulate button every time you start your truck. Despite the a/c re circulate not turning on, I can't say I've needed it to turn on. I certainly toyed with it when I first got the truck, but now that I've had it awhile I feel it works fine despite this. I believe there is some TSB's that might change how the auto climate control works but I haven't pursued them. This particular subject has been beat to death so if you want to read up on what's been said in the past I would recommend using the advanced search on the left hand column, use "auto climate control" for the search and check the button for Find messages in discussion Chevy Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Oldsmobile Bravada. You'll get a full page of post links and somewhere in those someone posted the technical details on how the auto climate control works.

"My second question is when I am driving at steady state conditions and lightly give it gas I hear a whishing sound. Is this normal?"

I don't believe I've encountered this sound but without hearing it myself I wouldn't say I don't have it. It might be a sound I've just ignored.
  • monstersincmonstersinc Member Posts: 13
    Here's what GM will offer in the 2004 Model Year:

2004 Envoy (reg length and XL)
    Deletions

Oak interior
      Exterior color: (11U) Pewter and (58U) Sandalwood

New Features

New Packaging
      New exterior color: (15U) Sand Beige Metallic and (67U) Liquid Silver Metallic
      (UM8) Navigation radio system
      (U2K) XM Satellite radio
      (UB0) Sound System (New RPO)
      (UB1) Sound System (New RPO)
      (JF4) Electric adjustable pedals
      (N75) Sport aluminum wheel
      Light Tan interior
      Modified steering wheel for SLT

2004 Trailblazer (regular length only)

Deletions

LTZ model
      Custom Cloth
      Light Oak and Medium Oak interiors
      (QC4) Wheels, 4 - 16" x 7" (40 cm x 17.8 cm) aluminum

New Features

New Packaging
      (JF4) Pedals, power adjustable
      New exterior colors (44U) Medium Red Metallic
      New exterior colors (15U) Sandstone Metallic
      New exterior colors (67U) Silverstone Metallic
      (UM8) Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player, Integrated Navigation Radio (INR), includes seek-and-scan, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS) and full-feature Autonomous Navigation
      (U2K) Sound system feature, XM Satellite Radio is 100 channels of digital quality sound that goes wherever you go - coast to coast. Displays song title, artist, and entertainment genre. Subscription fees apply. Available only in the 48 contiguous states.
      Light Cashmere Cloth reclining bucket seats
      Light Cashmere Premium Two-tone leather seating surfaces
      (N74) 17" Wheels (The North Face Edition)
      (N75) 17" Wheels (Optional on LT)
      Last door locking feature: system operates when last door is closed

2004 Trailblazer (EXT)

Deletions

Light Oak and Medium Oak interiors

New Features

New Packaging
      New exterior colors (15U) Sandstone Metallic
      New exterior colors (44U) Medium Red Metallic
      New exterior colors (67U) Silverstone Metallic
      (JF4) Pedals, power adjustable
      (UM8) Sound system, ETR AM/FM stereo with CD player, Integrated Navigation Radio (INR), includes seek-and-scan, auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS) and full-feature Autonomous Navigation
      (U2K) Sound system feature, XM Satellite Radio is 100 channels of digital quality sound that goes wherever you go - coast to coast. Displays song title, artist and entertainment genre. Subscription fees apply. Available only in the 48 contiguous U.S.
      Light Cashmere Cloth reclining bucket seats
      Light Cashmere Premium Two-tone leather seating surfaces
      (N74) 17" wheels (The North Face Edition)
      (N75) 17" wheels (TrailBlazer EXT)
      Last door locking feature: system operates when last door is closed
    I wonder if I can trade in my OnStar for XM radio. :) I may get a 2004 just for the XM.
    I was browsing the GM Techlink when I saw this section on a common complaint expressed by some members of the board, sorry if this has already been posted. There are two sections below!

Accelerator Pedal Buzz and Vibration
     This condition affects some 2003 Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, Avalanche, Sierra, Yukon, Denali, Escalade, and EXT vehicles.

Owners may experience a buzz noise which can be heard and felt, from the accelerator pedal area on the first acceleration after starting the vehicle. It will occur only the first time the vehicle reaches approximately 10 mph (16 kph) after start-up. It will not occur again until the key is cycled off then on. Based on the driving habits of the owner, the condition may occur at approximately the same time as the 1-2 shift of the automatic transmission.

This noise is caused by the Supplemental Brake Assist (SBA) performing a self-test. The SBA, which is mounted to the brake vacuum booster canister, is new for 2003 and provides vacuum for the brake booster in case of low vacuum or vacuum loss.

This is a normal condition and no repair attempts should be made.
    The SBA is used only on vehicles equipped with vacuum brake boosters and is not used on vehicles equipped with Hydra-Boost brake systems.

return to Table of Contents

------------------------------------------------------------------ - ---------------

Engine Noise and Vibration Owners of some 2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazers, GMC Envoys and Oldsmobile Bravadas with the 4.2L LL8 engine may experience noise and vibration between 800 - 900 rpm. They may comment about engine buzz noise, and vibration felt at the accelerator pedal, steering wheel, and center console.

Verify that the intake pre-plenum is securely mounted. Press down on the plastic intake pre-plenum. If the vibration is eliminated, replace the intake pre-plenum with part number 15176239.

• cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    Guess I hit a nerve, sorry. My gripe isn't with rubber mats, it's with the CSP design. CSP may look "rugged" on a commercial pickup truck, but it's like denim at a prom in the interior of a new Bravada.

As to water on the WeatherTech carpeted mats, you may not be aware that those mats are designed to hold a quart and a half of water each:
    <http://www.weathertech.com/store/prodsearch.asp?item_group_id=26>
    and clean-up hasn't been a problem with the ones we put in our 300M. Did well enough this winter that the wife wants them in our Bravada.

We got involved with WeatherTech products about 5 years ago with their all-rubber mats and a cargo liner in our S-10 Blazer. The cargo liner held up well against 3 dogs, their food and water, and still looked good. So, that's the way I went with the Bravada cargo liner.

Their rubber mats have also done well and are quite attractive. We went to their carpeted mats for the 300M for style and have been quite pleased. However, if you get all the stuff on your Bravada floor that you claim (my wife would hold executions if gum, grease, and (fill in the blank) were common deposits in our vehicles, even the old ones) the WeatherTech rubber mats would be an attractive alternative:
    <http://www.weathertech.com/store/prodsearch.asp?item_group_id=3>

Admittedly that doesn't solve the "dead pedal" cover problem, but that was the point of my original post. Vendors should read these boards. There are plenty of needs expressed here, that a good marketeer could fill for a profit. A simple, substitute, "dead pedal" cover is one of those needs.
  • aldan93aldan93 Member Posts: 202
    Hey bruiser as I speak, my Tb is in the shop, The 6th time, what you describe has nothing to do with our vibration problem! My vibration is from 1200-2200 rpms 40-65 ish MPH's This is 85% of the people in this townhall. There is no fix as of yet, its a frequency issue between tranny----------->drive shaft-------->rear end ect...Spring replacement does help on some or most, but not mine!!! Oh well thanks for the post!
  • sportbikenutsportbikenut Member Posts: 15
    FYI - Had the recently issued calibration updates performed yesterday to correct the hesitation problems with the previous GM calibration update.
    Appears that this new program is an improvement. TB ran much improved. Torque is back, on light throttle and low RPM.
  • rorodadrorodad Member Posts: 13
    Hey allan and 2 yearlease- Thanks for all the info. on trying to get our "problem" fixed.Let me know if something works today with your dealers as it seems you both have your vehicle in for repair today. regards,bob
  • blrmkrblrmkr Member Posts: 40
    Has anyone noticed a high-pitched chirp coming from the front-driver's side of their Triplet? It sounds like there is a sparrow or some other small bird chriping away no matter what speed I drive on Interstates or side roads. I can't tell if it is a wheel bearing or a squeaky suspension joint. Any feedback would be appreciated.

TBLT 4WD, 43000 miles, 15 days short of 2-year anniversary
  • boiloffboiloff Member Posts: 14
    rented a 2003 trailblazer last night. i found out that if you depress the brake pedal while the vehicle is idling, it goes all the way to the floor and makes a "whoosh" sound. no matter how many times you pump the pedal, it always whooshes to the floor. while the vehicle is in motion, the brakes work fine - pedal does not reach floor level. no brake failure indicator lights are on. wife took it back to the rental agency this morning, and they said this is normal. any opinions or comments?
    blrmkr, try lubing the hood latch. Our 02 TB was in the shop for this a while back and one of the techs traced it to the hood latch. The latch mechanism was lubricated and the annoying chirp ceased. Hope this helps.
    I too was worried about the brakes going to the floor at idle, but this is normal in various triplets I have driven. I don't know why they do it though, maybe to limit pressure on the system.

Is there anyway to post photos without a website?

GAM
  • 2k_impala_ls2k_impala_ls Member Posts: 311
    Send the pix to me and I will post them on my site.
    http://www.trailblazer.homestead.com/
    luckyjdr@netzero.net
  • richlavoierichlavoie Member Posts: 56
    I read a lot of articles, and some of them seem to be totally biased. For example, read the Edmunds top 5 SUV comparison. They just love the Explorer, but I found a great number of articles who much prefer the Trailblazer, more specifically, the mechanical aspect. Here is an other one I found.

http://www.newcartestdrive.com/review-intro.cfm?ReviewID=1372

I believe this article is very realistic. It does compare apples with apples. Edmunds keeps on talkimng about the fact that the TB is rolling in corners. Sorry, but I don't intent to buy a truck for racing! I find the ride of the TB just fantastic! The power is amazing at a fuel consumption that is absolutely great for a SUV (just compare it to the Pathfinder and the V6 Explorer, even the Xterra! and the Excape!). Don't compare it to a Civic! Compare it to similartrucks.

Just my $.02 (CA) :)

BTW, nobody ever answered my last question. Is the vibration something you can feel immediatly or does it come with time? I test drove 4 Envoys and TB, and I never felt any vibration in the gaz pedal.

Rich
  • medolarkmedolark Member Posts: 93
    I have had some hesitation issues with my Envoy and was just about ready to throw in the towel on doing anything about it. It only happens when cold and then only for a very short while.

Can you give me a reference to the new calibration you are referring to?

Would greatly appreciate it.