Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• quickdtooquickdtoo Member Posts: 266
    That's the power wire for a trailer brake controller, attaches to the terminal near it on the power distribution center after connecting the wires under the dash to a brake controller. tim
  • tblazedtblazed Member Posts: 945
    "It depends on what he means by normal.. They told me they started up 5 brand new Trailblazers and heard the same thing."

If that was in response to my comments, the resetting sound heard at power up does seem to be just that-"normal". My friend's inst cluster that was just fixed 2 weeks ago makes a slight sound at initial power up when the tach pointer sets to "0", just like mine does. But you should not hear a noise coming from it when the engine is running. My friend's emitted a noise continuously when the engine was running. That is NOT normal. His didn't start making a continuous audible noise until he had 15K miles or so on it.
  • aldan93aldan93 Member Posts: 202
    I was wondering what would an alternative vehicle be compared to these TB's? NO EXPLORERS, or foreign models at all. I like spending the money where I make the money!
    " I was wondering what would an alternative vehicle be compared to these TB's?"

Other than a TrailBlazer? Olds Bravada, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, Isuzu Ascender. Nothing else compares power- and price-wise for a full perimeter frame, truck based mid-sized SUV (or Passenger Truck as I prefer to call them).
    Went down to East Texas about a 280 mile round trip from D-FW yesterday. Filled up before I hit the road and filled up again same pump, same position, got 20.5 mpg. That was doing the trip each way in 2 hours flat, averaging 70 mph, and blasting around slower traffic on two-lane Highway175 at wide-open throtle at least 15 or 20 times! With the 3.42 gears, it's good to 90 or so in 2nd gear. By the time I would get settled back in the right lane and look in the mirror the vehicles I passed would be a half-mile behind me!
    Re: deleted message- "Another alternative" by canddmeyer Jun 22, 2003 (5:13 pm)
    canddmeyer stated: "Toyota 4Runner is an alternative. I believe its the best vehicle for the $ in this class, & a V8 is optional. I currently own a 1997 Blazer, but due to owners statements here there won't be a replacement Chevy in my future. While I'd really like a Tahoe, my needs don't call for anything bigger than a midsize SUV."

A 1997 Blazer doesn't even compare. These are well past their second year of production and the majority of glitches are resolved. Plus, GM stood up and took responsibility for any engine block sleeve problems in the initial first year batch without us even asking for a warranty extension. But a Toyota 4Runner may be an OK alternative too.

Didn't Toyota have a serious engine oil sludging problem they took several years to finally admit to? Just remember, even Toyota/Lexus has service departments that are kept very busy. I saw one of the sludged up engines apart last time I visited a friend that works at a local Lexus dealer. What a mess in a 3 year old engine.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Canddmeyer may have deleted his own post. I am not aware of any host action taken on the post in question.

tidester, host
    was off-topic. I was a little dismayed after responding to the post that it was gone. But, the ol' page cache memory came in handy. Didn't want to sound like I was talking to myself, and I thought Canddmeyer had a couple of valid points.
  • dkmtbext2003dkmtbext2003 Member Posts: 4
    Wouldn't you know it, right before a 1400 mile trip on Tuesday! Yesterday the the wipers would not turn off, unless your in Park, shift into R or Dive and they sudden start working on their own at a random rate while in the off position. Today same thiing but now the washer motor won't stop running spaying the windshield constantly! I pulled fuse #42 that the manual says is for the "Wiper/Washer". The Wipers still are doing their thing but atleast the washer motor stopped!

Dealership is going to love this one, we are now their "favorite" customer after starting a Lemon-Law claim due to the AC system. Mysteriously soon afterwards we got a call from a GM rep stating that they have found the issue with what is causing the AC problems in the TB's and they had a truck come to our house and replace a module of some sorts , end of claim for us. We are now called Mr and Mrs McKinnon by the dealership service staff and get first priority. This after my wife laid a verbal whooping into the General Manager about service and the service department lax attitude to our problems. Mind you losing the AC in FL in May is not a pleasant thing when it is the family ride. We have had the TB in the shop every moth since Jan for the AC going out as others have described in this forum. In April they had to replace a connector too as it was partially melted! I knew that was not the root cause.

We sure like this vehicle but this is the biggest POS GM we've ever owned. We had a wiper problem with them not working 2 months after we got it, now this again. I smell a lemon law re file again!

If anyone wants a list of the parts "changed" for the AC problem we had, email me at dmckinnon@asttechlabs.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Don McKinnon
    2003 TB Ext
    AC doesn't work, rattle under car exhaust? skid plate for oil change doesn't close, gasket in the rear is coming off near plate, UHMM I think thats it? Trip number 8 to the dealer. AC did work one day, then blows nice hot air!!! Only in America, great work GM all you people should be proud!
  • dlaredlare Member Posts: 43
    When I installed my brake controller I didn't have to mess with anything under the hood - did I miss something? The controller seems to work fine after just connecting to the 4 wires under the dash.

Dean
  • jknjjknj Member Posts: 2
    You only need to connect the wire under the hood if you require 12 volt power to your trailer. It's not necessary for 4 wire trailer hook ups.
  • sportbikenutsportbikenut Member Posts: 15
    "re: Unattached wire by jknj Jun 23, 2003 (10:48 am)
    You only need to connect the wire under the hood if you require 12 volt power to your trailer. It's not necessary for 4 wire trailer hook ups."

Huh? The standard 4 wire hook-up under the dash includes 12 volt power thru the brake controller to the electric brakes on the trailer. What does this extra wire do? Still confused. My controller works fine. Will have to ck and see if I have an extra wire in my engine compartment.
    Thanks.
    sportbikenut do you know if that is switched 12V or always-on 12V? Looking for a good switched 12V source easy to get to so I can hook up an accessory that needs 12V switched power. (I know there's lots of places I could splice into, but don't want to modify any wiring while it's still in warranty so they can't blame me for anything)
  • jknjjknj Member Posts: 2
    Yes, you are correct regarding the standard 4 wire hook up under the dash. The loose wire under the hood supplies 12 volt power to pin 4 on the 7 pin trailer connector in the back. You do not need to connect it unless what you are towing requires it. I use it to provide 12 volt power to my camper while towing (power for the refrigerator). Electric brakes will work fine without attaching it.
  • ltz2003ltz2003 Member Posts: 24
    can anyone tell if there is any bulletin on ac that blows ice cubes most of the time and warm only once in a while. any info will be helpfull thanks
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Member Posts: 100
    "can anyone tell if there is any bulletin on ac that blows ice cubes most of the time and warm only once in a while. any info will be helpfull thanks"

Air Conditioning (A/C) Inoperative/Intermittent, A/C Blows Warm Air (Replace A/C Low Pressure Cycling Switch) #03-01-39-007 - 05/29/2003)

2002-2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT
    2002-2003 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL
    2002-2003 Oldsmobile Bravada

Condition:
    Some customers may comment that the A/C system is intermittently inoperative or blows warm air.

Cause:
    An intermittent inoperative (open) A/C low pressure cycling switch may be the cause. This is an intermittent condition and temperatures may play a critical role if the vehicle is in the failed mode or operating as designed.

Correction:
    Make a service appointment

OR

HVAC System Inoperative for a Drive Cycle, Poor HVAC System Performance in High Ambient Temperatures (Update HVAC Control Module Software) #02-01-39-005 - (09/23/2002)

2002-2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer EXT
    2002-2003 GMC Envoy, Envoy XL
    2002-2003 Oldsmobile Bravada

Condition:
    Some customers may comment about no cold air from the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system during a drive cycle. This concern may occur at any time during the drive cycle and at any temperature setting. The HVAC system operation returns to normal after the vehicle has been keyed to off and restarted. This concern is intermittent and most likely to occur on hot days. This concern may be found on vehicles equipped with manual (CJ2) and automatic (CJ3) HVAC systems. Other customers may comment about poor HVAC system performance in high ambient temperature conditions. This concern may be present in automatic (CJ2) HVAC systems only. An HVAC control module software update was put into all production vehicles beginning in September 2002. Vehicles built in September 2002 and earlier may need this software update.

Correction:
    Make a service appointment
  • richlavoierichlavoie Member Posts: 56
    Finally picked up my Trailblazer 2003 on last Thursday. Before I begin, let me tell you that I am a real winner and will never hesitate in reporting a problem. In fact, I will be fast on this board if anything comes up.

The experience at the dealership wasn't an easy one. We had agreed on the price, but their mechanics are on lock out. The car was poorly prepared. Tires unballanced, alignment off, engine light and 4x4 light came up. In any case, it was all fixed easilly. Engine light was caused by the fuel cap.

I don't know why car salesman need to lie, even if the truth is not that bad? It seams that telling the truth scares them, even if that truth is quite fine. I have received the 3.42 although I had asked for the 3.71 axle rating. But I asked for the 3.71 after i had ordered the car, and I was too late making the change. But instead of giving me that story, the salesman tried to convince me that 3.42 was so much better and could even tow more then 3.71. I had to tell him no to even try.

They were also very surprised when I toom by air thingy out to check the tire pressure, which was at 37 and 38 PSI when it should be at 32. They were also surprised when I checked the trailer wiring 9which was fine). Lovely when you hold the knowledge (thanks to this board).

What do I like I (remember that I had a one week rental on a 4runner, a explorer and a Grand Cherokee in the past 2 months)

Great ride. If you don't like the ride, you don't want a truck but a minivan or a CUTE-UV. This ride is outstanding for a truck. Beautiful vehicle. The seats are very comfortable (unless you use to drive a BMW). The inside finish is excellent (except for a few exceptions). Lights come on and off by themself. Power remains on for 20 minutes inside after you turn off the engine. Very quiet (those ventvisor do a great job). Engine is very quiet and very powerful 9no problem with my 3000 lbs trailer). Doors lock and unlock properly when you start and put on park. Sound system is fine on the LS for the price. Rear and front wipers work excellent (up to now...). No vibration on the gaz pedal (but it isn't cold yet...). Gaz mileage is better then expected. It cost me only $10 more for a 600km drive (about 420 miles, and about $7.20 US). Not bad for a truck this powerful. This is not an off road vehicle like the Jeep or the Toyota, but it is much more comfortable on the road. It is powerfull, but will not take a Civic at a red light. Its power is constant (I guess they call it torque...).

What I would suggest GM improves for next time:

Don't start on a new vehicle, but improve the TB like Nissan has done on the pathfinder, which is now a perfect vehicle (hope they don't Ford it up with their new model). Add the little things that you expect in a vehicle of this price. Look at Toyota and the new Sienna which has all the goodies of other minivans (and I mean all). The difference between low end and high end should be limited to leather seats, navigation system, rearward drive assist (cameras), automatic ac and heat, etc... things like compass, outside temperature, leather steering wheel should be included. Pls remove some functions from the flasher stick. G that thing is busy. Hope it doesn't break...

But wow, I love this vehicle. GM has a real winner if they can make it reliable. Can't wait to take my trailer out.

BTW, there is a special letter gone to Canadian customers for the engine on the 2002. GM is taking responsibility for the engine break up up to 160 000 Km (100 000 miles).
  • iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    Congrats on your new baby Rich... Best of luck to you.. Hopefully she will give you many miles of trouble-free driving!

Also.. my first UH-OH's! Well.. this past weekend I experienced my first set of problems at 1600K on the odometer.

1st.. My steering wheel control volume control button has begun to intermittently fail. It will sometimes work ONLY when it wants and at other times, it will not work at all. Very odd indeed considering that the other buttons on the steering wheel will work?? After letting the vehicle sit for a few minutes and then restarting, the problem seems to go away? Anyone else experience this?

2nd... Wandering mirror trouble again? My driver's side mirror has started to do some very odd things.. I have the "curb view" feature activated on both mirrors because I wanted to make sure that I did not experience any issues with repositioning like I had in my 2002 Envoy. For starters, once I shifter into reverse and the mirror tilted UPWARDS towards the sky, then when shifting back into drive, the mirror went back to it's original position? I was a little spooked by this.. To correct the problem, I fine tuned the mirror while in reverse and so far it's held the correct position. Additionally, I've noticed on several occasions that the driver's side mirror would be off by a hair when returning to it's original position, so once again I would fine tune and hold down my memory #1 button. Does anyone know if GM has done any additional fine tuning to correct this problem? My vehicle was manufactured in March 2003, therefore I know that it's pretty current in terms of past-posted software calibrations and mirror actuators.

3rd... Hmmm.. sometimes I notice that when I go over 70 mph, I get that awful steering wheel shake from the tires as if they are unbalanced? Some days are worse than others but today was by far the worst! I had both hands on the steering wheel and it felt like I was getting a arm massage? I have yet to check the wheels to see if maybe a weight had been thrown, but I will. I am guessing that maybe the wheels developed flat spots in them while sitting on the dealer's lot? I am kinda afraid to have the dealer rebalance the tires because they don't use the same weights from the factory, plus if they do what they did on my 2002 Grand Am GT, after they removed the original weight, there were severe visible scratches from where the original weights used to be. It was not appealing at all. Can I continue to drive the vehicle (if the weights are intact) and will the flat spots eventually become ROUND again? Ha, ha.

HELP!

Thanks!

IExplore2000
  • ltz2003ltz2003 Member Posts: 24
    I told the dealer it was that low pressure switch and they looked it up and said there is nothing on that. I can hardly wait to get there in the morning and show them the info. thank you very much
  • hambone7hambone7 Member Posts: 130
    Sometimes when I start the engine my 2002 TB lurches forward as if someone pushed the whole vehicle from the back one time. The motion feels like the vehicle moves forward about 5 inches then it settles backwards.
    I was amazed but I think this is the first vehicle to have an aluminum pumpkin/carrier, the axle stems/shafts are steel of course, but the carrier is aluminum? how in the heck is it welded together? is screwed on? LOL, the first AL/FE combo in history? Care to comment! This is the rear axle I'm talking about.
  • scottc454scottc454 Member Posts: 356
    That's not what the carrier is. A carrier is something that's inside the pumpkin. It's probably just the differential cover and/or housing that's aluminum. There should be 12 bolts holding the cover to the housing.

The cover can be anything, chrome plated steel, aluminum - it doesn't matter except that aluminum will dissipate heat better.
  • dlaredlare Member Posts: 43
    Regarding the "unattached" pin 4 wire under the hood...what does it connect to? And why would they not have connected it at the factory?

Dean
    Watching this thing for over for a week now with a test light hooked up to the a/c compressor relay, it ALWAYS does exactly the same thing when it is really hot. I think the high-pressure sensor is cutting out the a/c when it exceeds a set pressure limit. Start up, cools down a little,, takes a break from cooling, blows warm tepid air in my face, then resumes cooling when the pressure drops. The hotter the air is across the evaporator in the afternoon the more likely it is to cut out the a/c compressor from the high pressure. Run the fan on 1 and it stays on longer or doesn't cut out at all. Run the fan on 5 and it cuts out almost immediately. This is NOT the same symptom as the a/c low pressure cycling switch intermittently sticking. Once it cools down enough to keep the high side pressure lower than the cut out point, the normal cycling takes place and it cools fine for the entire drive cycle and it really works quite well. I have also compared mine and a friend's TB that just had his serviced 3 weeks ago

This is a PCM programming issue the gurus at GM need to work on. I am afraid though it may be just the nature of the beast. The pressure WILL get high with +100 to 110°F air moving across the evaporator. Kick in the engine cooling fan duty to 100% before the pressure gets too high to move more air across the condenser coil would help keep the high side pressure lower, but then everyone would complain about fan roaring noise.
  • elevatorguyelevatorguy Member Posts: 87
    Where did they mount the antenna for the remote start on your trucks guys? They put mine just above the rear view mirror. The windshield has metal there and I think that may be cutting my range down.

Thanks,
    Todd
  • pepper50pepper50 Member Posts: 195
    The write-ups on my 2002 Envoy proudly described the feature of "theater-style dimming" in the cabin lights. I chuckle when I think about it, since my light goes from on to off in about 2 seconds :) It's barely perceptible that it is dimming, since the transition is so fast that you have to watch for it to know that it is not instantaneous. The whole purpose of theater-dimming is for people to make last-minute adjustments before total blackness ensues. I think a more atmospheric effect would have been to have the dimming over about a 5-second period, so that it would at least be noticeable. Better yet would have been a way for each owner to customize the amount of delay. Otherwise, why bother....
    Do TSB's ever expire, or do they cover the life of the vehicle even after the warranty period? For example, could someone have some free TSB work done in 2008 based on a TSB issued in 2002?

On another note, I've started getting postcards from my dealer telling me I have not complied with the instrument panel/shift override recall. Has anyone been successful in just doing the instrument panel but not the override?
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    tblazed, be careful where you use the trusty old test light. It is usually ok to use on a relay but can cause problems if used on a high impedance test point. I would agree with your curiosity, but would personally make GM find the solution to the problem. This goes to what I have been saying all along, which is, why is it necessary for us to find the problems and sometimes the solutions? Where is GM? By the way, one of the things that will shut down the air conditioning is 100% cooling fan duty cycle. So if the fan were to turn on 100%, the air would go off. Sounds like they do everything possible to minimize component stress, even at the expense of occupant comfort.

Frank
    pepper50 send me an email (in my profile) I will send you something about one of your concerns.
    Don't worry about me ficuss. A red LED with a 1k resistor in series to limit the current to less than 15 mA or so won't hurt the relay that can handle a 10A clutch circuit. And the relay has the pin-out diagram printed right on its case. I do know what I am doing. I know this gets read by people other than the usual contributors too. Unfortunately GM is going all around this particular problem without addressing the issue. And they can program the PCM to turn on the fan in a condition as I describe, and keep the cut out for other 100% -on reasons valid too. All in the programming.

Just like the theater lighting. That is all controlled by the BCM pulse-width modulating a solid state relay from 100% full on to 0% off over a preprogrammed time, and they could set it up to turn down and off in 2 sec or 2 min.or anywhere between. What would be nice would be a user-adjustable delay. I actually thought they did that on the TB to do a soft turn on and turn off so the bulbs won't burn out so fast!
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Member Posts: 100
    "Do TSB's ever expire, or do they cover the life of the vehicle even after the warranty period? For example, could someone have some free TSB work done in 2008 based on a TSB issued in 2002?"

A TSB is just a repair bulletin for a known specific problem which your vehicle MAY have. They are written to help a technician find the source of the problem. So the answer is no, you will not get a TSB done for free after the warranty is up. Recalls are something totally different.
  • elliot69elliot69 Member Posts: 9
    Drcsf: regarding your complaint about the rear seat getting an indent, perhaps tearing on the rear outlet on the rear of the console, there is a TSB to get the fix, they have fixed them in the 03's , I had my 02 Envoy SLT fixed with this TSB. Now it leaves just a slight circle. Sorry I don't have the bulliten number handy, but just mention to the dealer. Cheers and congrats. Elliot
  • tmac8tmac8 Member Posts: 32
    Hi everyone. I just found this forum last week and had alot of reading to catch up on. I have had my 2002 Envoy for a year now, and knock on wood no problems as of yet. Received my first recall notice last week so I took it in. They said there were five recalls total and fixed all of them. Most were computer settings upgrades.
    I am working on a few aftermarket upgrades to enhance performance, and if anyone has done this already, I would like some feedback. Three in particular. Airaid intake, Jet power Module, and Borla cat-back dual exhaust. Yea, I know, middle age trying to be a teenager again, but these are a blast to drive. Anyway, hope you all have good luck in the future with your vehicles. They are fun to own.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Were those all recalls you just had fixed or were some TSB's?

Steve, Host
    Here is the brief explanation and recall number on the dealer work sheet.

Recall no. 03012
    Part is here-sop
    performed 03012 recall
    V0994.3

Recall no. 01065
    Programmed TCM
    V0789.5 4941

Recall no. 03013
    Installed plug
    V0995.4
    (plug p/n 15107205)

Recall I1191
    Void

Only recall 03013 required parts. That's the one for the theft protection. The dealer told me the computers were updated to the latest 2003 specs, which definitely included firmer shifts in the transmission. (Noticeable and improved). Don't know if that was one of the recalls or a bonus freebee. If you want me to I can get more detailed info from the dealer and post it. Let me know.
  • hillflahillfla Member Posts: 90
    Just wanted to say thanks to those who posted regarding dealers putting waaaayy too much air into your tires. I took my 2003 Envoy in for the 2 recalls yesterday. When I picked it up and drove it home it felt very "bouncy" to me and had a floaty feeling. I remembered some postings on here regarding tire pressure being too high so I checked it when I got home and it was at 40 psi! Granted, yesterday was a hot day here in St Louis so I waited until this morning to check again. 37 psi. So I let a lot of air out this morning and now my ride feels normal again. Those dang dealers! Why do they do that?
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    Just wondering, what is the tire pressure supposed to be on the standard TB/Envoy? On my Envoy XL it is 30 psi front and 35 psi rear. Not sure why, is there more weight on the rear end?
  • trailbluetrailblue Member Posts: 4
    Elevatorguy:
    They mounted the antenna on the drivers side near the windshield pillar,mast towards the dash.
    32psi front and rear is the spec on mine. I run 30 rear and 32 ft because I don't normally carry any extra people or stuff. I would go up to 32 in the rear if I was going on a trip with a full load. I would think the 35 rear for the XL is for the extra load capability of the two add'l passengers and maybe a different weight distrubution from the extra length for the 30 for the front - that'd be my guess. I actually run 31 in the L-ft and 32 in the R-ft to help compensate for a very slight pull to the right on mildly crested roads.It goes perfectly straight on a flat road. But that's just me.
  • lurker01lurker01 Member Posts: 103
    Well, I finally have seen the light on caring for my Envoy's exterior. It's time to toss out the old sponge and Dawn. So, I'm heading for the auto store to get some products and do it right. Here is the plan:
    Two wash mitts.
    Some good car wash detergent.
    A clay bar kit
    A good polish and some microfibre towels.
    A good wax.
    Some tire cleaner.

So, any tips? What products have you had good luck with on your Envoy/TB? I have an Indigo Blue exterior.

Any tips for interior work?

thanks,

-John
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I was just curious; sounds like you have a good dealer taking care of you.

Lurker01 - love the clay bar :-)

Steve, Host
  • pauleulpauleul Member Posts: 116
    You will find a clay bar kit does wonders. Best thing I've ever come across to keep the finish in perfect condition. It's way easy to do and twice a year seems to work out just right.

Mothers California Gold Clay Bar kit also comes with Carnauba Wax.

02 Envoy W/16,000 miles - paint as good as brand new. No problems, no complaints, no whining.
  • elevatorguyelevatorguy Member Posts: 87
    Thanks for the response. What type of system do you have? What sort of range do you get?

Thanks,
    Todd
    For those looking for TSB'S you can find them (all 117 of them) at ALLDATA.COM. Just pick the model year and make and it will take you to the safety recalls and tsb's listing. If you have any problems I can e-mail them to you. (saved them on disk).
    For those looking for TSB'S you can find them (all 117 of them) at ALLDATA.COM. Just pick the model year and make and it will take you to the safety recalls and tsb's listing. If you have any problems I can e-mail them to you. (saved them on disk).

I just looked at alldata.com, but they didn't show any of the TSB's/recalls on the 2002 Envoy that have come out since Jan. 2003, including the recent shift override/instrument panel reprogram. I'm not a paying subscriber though. Perhaps one has to pay to see the most recent list. Or does it take a few months for something to show up on the list?
  • kmigliaccio855kmigliaccio855 Member Posts: 10
    I have just received my filter charger from summit and am concerned with the race/off road use label. Has anyone else used this product? Is there a different product that will work better or be "legal" any one who has used it what type of result?
  • cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    While waiting for some after-market vendor to develop and market a protective piece for the driver's "dead pedal" on the 2003s (GM de-contented it), I provided an inexpensive (~$7) and practical alternative.

Purchased a rubber rear floor mat at Walmart (I chose black, but color coordination is optional). Measured the "dead pedal" space height and width (lower & upper width are slightly different). Cut out a sized piece from the center of the rubber mat (slightly undersized to avoid having shoe soles catching on it all the time). Applied some narrow strips of heavy duty carpet tape near the edges and top center. Then installed the rubber "pedal" to a cleaned carpet surface.

I've been using this "dead pedal" for almost 3 months now and haven't encountered any problems with it. With the way I cut the rubber mat piece, water on my shoes drains down the mat grooves to my WeatherTech floor mats. Large ribs on rubber mat piece provide a comfortable, non-vibrating place to rest your left foot while driving and it sure is saving my carpeting from rapid ruin.

BTW, hit 5,000 miles on my '03 Bravada (8/02 build; 10/02 purchase) this week. Still no problems to report. Warm weather commuter mileage holding steady at 15.2 mpg.
  • kmhkmh Member Posts: 143
    Been reading posts regarding the A/C in the TBs. I had this issue earlier in the year and took it in for repair. They replaced the switch as mentioned and worked fine for a few months but now the problem has returned. Very frustrating considering the TB does pretty well on everything else. Appreciate the post from the person who posted the thorough description on the problem. Wish GM or Chevy would address this issue and get it taken care of once and for all.
    Keep reading about this "clay bar"- would someone that has used this elaborate please? Just can't imagine what would seem like an abrasive material being used on clear coat. But I have never seen it so any users want to comment?

Ordered the Borla system for my TB this morning. Plan to document the install with pictures and take before and after sound level measurements with a sound level meter. Get to do it after hours in the air-conditioned comfort at the Lexus dealer my friend works at. (If I can get over the anxiety!)