Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Has anyone here enjoyed good results complaining to the BBB?

I did but totally unrelated to vehicles. It had to do with a computer purchase and the manufacturer used every trick in the book to avoid making good on their warranty ... until they got a letter from BBB. Then one of the high executives jumped in and fixed the problem - immediately! :-)

tidester, host
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    tblazed, wouldn't the air inside your TB be hotter, dustier, stinkier and more humid with a few Texans inside the car? Surely a good time to use fresh outside air, no matter what the temperature.

Frank
  • kudronkudron Member Posts: 32
    aldan93 asked...

Has anyone tried those FRAM oil plug tubes that screw into the oil plug for easy draining?

and quickdtoo replied...

Fram doesn't have an application for our triplets. You wouldn't want one anyway, the drain plug would be below the skid plate and the risk of impact wouldn't be worth it. tim

I have been using one for almost a year now and it does not hang below the skid plate. The oil does drain slower than if you had the factory drain plug, but the Fram plug makes the oil change more convenient and a lot less messy.

Jim
  • quickdtooquickdtoo Member Posts: 266
    Jim, What's the Fram part# and do you have a pic?
    I checked with Fram 6 months ago, and their app chart showed N/A for the 2002 Trailblazer, don't remember if they showed 2wd or 4wd. I couldn't see how there would be room between the outlet and the skid plate access panel since there is a bubble in the access cover to make room just for the OEM plug. Too bad they don't make one for the oil filter, LOL!
    TIA, Tim
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Member Posts: 100
    "and also what # is the bulb i figured it was a # 194 but once i got it out i would be able to match it up"

You can check here:
    http://www.silvania.com/auto/carapp/
  • labrecquelabrecque Member Posts: 18
    My 2002 Envoy is currently doing this. I have had the dealer look at it 3 times, each time it seems to be somewhat better. Appears to be a transmission programming issue. Have you had any lucck?
  • medolarkmedolark Member Posts: 93
     Recently, I have noticed that when my Envoy is cold sitting at a stoplight I can feel a sort of shift or movement something like creeping forward due to brakes not being applied hard enough. I can't hear any sounds however and I am sure the truck isn't creeping. It also feels like something going on at rear axle, not in the tranny. Does any of this sound similar?

Seems like I remember an issue with locking rear axles that got fixed by changing fluid type. Could this be related?

2002 Envoy, locking diff, air suspension.
  • rj123456rj123456 Member Posts: 140
    We just sat in a friend's Acura MDX (which was the alternative we looked very closely at before we bought the Envoy XL).
    A. It was extremely difficult to install a child safety seat in there without moving the other child in the middle row (something we do routinely on the Envoy).
    B. My wife is 5'4" and she felt totally cramped sitting in the third row. Luckily it was only a 2 mile drive. I've sat in the XL's third row seat for over an hour comfortably.

Just wanted to provide a positive posting since most of the time we only post complaints.

BTW, I didn't see any responses to my question re. whether the Inside Cabin Light control switch is lit up at night. Mine never has and it seems like it should be. If I want to turn the lights on while driving I have to hunt around to the left of the dash to look for it.
  • n7donn7don Member Posts: 188
    "BTW, I didn't see any responses to my question re. whether the Inside Cabin Light control switch is lit up at night. Mine never has and it seems like it should be. If I want to turn the lights on while driving I have to hunt around to the left of the dash to look for it."

Switch isn't lit on our '03 Envoy. Assume you know each of the individual cabin lights can be turned on and off by pushing on the front of the light itself.
  • seifordseiford Member Posts: 68
    Yes, Medolark.. that's exactly what ours is doing. I had a pedestrian walking infront of the Envoy get angry because he thought I let off the brakes for a second to startle him. Glad I had the doors locked.

Anyway, thanks to all who posted their experience with this problem. I wanted to have some documentation incase the GM representative tries to state that our is an isolated incident.

The only information I got from GM about this problem is that they believe it's a transmission problem. But they won't give any more information.. like IF they have people working on a fix, if it's software and/or hardware related, how many vehicles are affected, etc.

Maybe we'll get some more information or some action through the BBB process; maybe not. So far we haven't been impressed with the BBB's customer service.

I gave our local dealer one more try at the problem when I had the Envoy in for the A/C (2 more Envoys pulled in behind me also with warm A/C). They "checked the level of the transmission fluid". Yeah, THAT'LL fix it.

Thanks everyone.
  • rccola410rccola410 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had a problem with their 03 trailblazer shimmying between 60 - 70 MPH? I have been to 3 different dealers already and the 3rd on did run a road force test and adjusted the rotors. Got the TB back and after 2 days the shimmy is back.
  • caflyfishcaflyfish Member Posts: 4
    Took my 2002 Envoy to the dealer about 2 months ago describing this same clunk feel, like the brakes were being let go, or someone nudged you from the back. I also mentioned the periodic hesitation that would come close to the engine dying when starting out sometimes. Mentioned engine roar/power loss again. Dealer said that there was a reprogram that applied to all those 3 three things. Not sure if it is the same PCM reprogram that has been talked about here and he just applied the latest PCM update. There were no numbers or codes on the worklist I received. However...the clunk and hesitation have not happened again. Engine roar / power loss still happens occasionally.
  • kudronkudron Member Posts: 32
    According to the Fram Web Site, the part number is SD4. I was initially worried about the clearance between the drain valve and the access panel, but it fits. It does drain more slowly that the factory drain plug, but I use it nonetheless.
  • elliot69elliot69 Member Posts: 9
    I too have an 02Envoy SLT and had this "bumping from behind" when the car vehicle was cold. I too thought it was the brakes releasing even thought pedal firmly planted. I took it to GMC and they machined the rotors. Not the problem I told them. It kept doing it. I had the updates with all the TSB's for the trans. engine etc. It has not seemed to do it again, but I will wait for winter when the car gets really cold. Just my 2 cents worth. Elliot
  • aciampiaciampi Member Posts: 66
    Has anyone else had problems with the programing of their mirrors and their curb view assist positions? For the last 6 months mine have not held their programing and everything that GM suggests hasn't worked. So far they have reset my body control module multiple times, replaced a wiring harness, and re-programed the software. If anyone has had similar problems and have had theirs fixed please let me know.
    Thanks
  • jeppingjepping Member Posts: 30
    I too have the clunk in my 02 Envoy. I had the same problem with my 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. After several failed attempts by Chrysler to fix the problem I ended up returning the car under lemon law. As for mirrors, I’ve had the actuators replaced and the TSB performed however the problem still exists and the dealer claims there is nothing else they can do at this time.
  • medolarkmedolark Member Posts: 93
    I have a suspicion that the mirror problem is due to some flexibility in the mounting/acuators. I never had a problem with my mirrors until some joker at the car wash folded them all the way in to be sure it would fit through ok. For awhile after that I had to keep chasing the setting, but it seems to have stabilised now. I don't use the reverse tilt feature. I found it took too long to move and doesn't really help that much.
  • cebtebcebteb Member Posts: 138
    Since we are soon to depart on a 2,500 mile driving vacation, I took the Bravada (5,800 miles) in for an oil change (old habits die hard) and a list of middling issues my wife and I had accumulated. The issues:

Passenger side mirror "stutters" on its way to and from "curb view". Tech agreed and replaced entire actuating mechanism. No more stutter.

On a couple of our 100 degree July days in metro-Denver, after repeated engine shut-offs and re-starts (running errands after work), I thought the AC failed to pump out cold air on 2 occasions. Seemed to recover after next shutoff and re-start. Told service about the incidents and the 2 TSBs noted on this board. Tech replaced the AC low pressure cycling switch per the one TSB, but didn't update the HVAC control module software (at least it wasn't noted in his job codes) per the other TSB (my Bravada is an 8/02 build so it doesn't have the latest HVAC software). Tech noted that he observed malfunction of subject switch (not sure how he did that), so he replaced the switch as the only needed action. I'll have to wait for another really hot day to challenge the AC again to determine if the fix was the fix.

My wife complained about the squeak in the 2 front doors in the just open to open about 30 degrees open when opening and closing the door. Tech reported he checked door alignment and lubed the hinges. Squeak in driver's door was as bad as ever. Service suggested I just WD-40 the weather strip and everything else. My wife was irate. Stopped to purchase some Sil-Glyde and noticed the door handle bezel on the passenger door falling off. Looked like a simple snap fit plastic, but I know if I broke a tab doing it, I'd buy the new one for 40 bucks or so. Noticed then that driver's door squeak was coming from one point on weatherstrip. Back to service the next morning. Tech re-installed bezel and everybody says they are sorry. Service says lube the offending weatherstrip. I compare it to the passenger's side and to a couple of TBs nearby and note that it is deformed. Got them to replace it and silicone lube all the weather strips around all doors. Interestingly, service specifically noted on the ticket that customer ID'd the deformed weatherstrip for warranty action. I guess a $100+ strip replacement needed some extra basis for their warranty charge to GM.

Gas mileage holding steady around 15.6 mpg for my commute. Will have to see if it falls back to 14.2 when the cold weather and winter gas are back.

I'll report on my vacation gas mileage when I return. This is my first shot at exclusively highway mileage.
  • tjcishere1tjcishere1 Member Posts: 42
    Well here is the follow up on the bulb, Stopped at the dealer because i was having a hard time getting the bulb out, They got it out after a few minutes. It was really stuck in there, it just pulled straight out. It was a #168. So its all fixed now, by the way thanks for the feed back on the Sylvania link..... Nuyorkah
  • envoyloverenvoylover Member Posts: 10
    I have a 2002 GMC Envoy with the automatic climate control. While sitting at stoplight, regardless in automatic mode or manual mode I can hear slight variations in the blower motor speed. Not a whole notch of fan adjustment variation but just a little. Is this normal, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any input
  • aciampiaciampi Member Posts: 66
    I haven't had the problem you describe as slight fluctuations, but I have had a problem when my climate control is turned completly off and it randomly turns on when ever it feels like. Also my re-circulate button stopped working but turned back on time so that the service guys think im crazy. But as far as my A/C randomly turning on, they replaced a ground wire which they say fixed it. I can't tell for sure because my TrailBlazer has been in and out of the shop for the last 2 weeks for the A/C and the wandering mirrors.
  • mickeynutmickeynut Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,
    While I love GM products, my 2002 (factory order toward end of 02 run) envoy is doing this as well and dealer has yet to duplicate. Is actually in today trying yet again. This is just one in a long list of mechanical, electrical, and fit/finish issues. I've been battling customer care and the dealer about all the issues. Dealer says it's up to CC to start a buyback, CC says it's the zone manager, zone manager who I'm appearantly not allowed to talk to wants to keep trying to fix the truck. If anyone knows what the real process is as to how to deal with a buy back would be greatly appreciated. So far I've got a lot of finger pointing, deflecting, and no answers... I've lost my sense of humor and don't have time to be a beta tester for GM taking time to run to the shop for my monthly it's broken again appt. I really appreciate your help. Thanks! For fun, here's what has been done so far:
    - Dash died and had to be replaced - "electrical short"
    - Key stuck in ignition one day - "electrical short" caused failure of pc module that tells truck key is in park
    - 4x4 system intermittently failed but could not duplicate so several trips until system completely died. "Electrical short" blew 4x4 xfr case and front axle systems
    - Heat went nuts and would only blow hot air thru defrost no matter what dial or temp you chose - more shorts caused ignition module that activates knobs to fail.
    - Later AC dies - short caused AC component under hood to fail
    - radio dies - plays music but shows gibberish on the display - intermittant and have not been able to dublicate.
    - gasket around lics plate failed 2x and needs to be replaced again requiring chunk of tailgate to be painted in the process
    - gasket on rear window failed letting bad weather in
    - gasket on rear side door just fell out one day
    - rear doors rattle so bad on non-smooth roads it sounds like doors are going to fly off
    - front seat belts would lock tight and not release like you were in a panic stop but haven't gotten out of park yet - both replaced
    - tranny hiccups when it's cold and have not been able to reproduce...

And I'm sure I'm missing some... for 40K worth of truck I would expect to get a lot better quality and support from a company I would love to have a reason to continue to do business with but if they can't figure this out will be time to change brands for awhile and give some one who appreciates my business some of my hard earned $$$.

Thanks again for the help and letting me vent.
  • seifordseiford Member Posts: 68
    Oh boy... sounds like you sure have endured a rough time with your 2002 Envoy.

If you're not satisfied with the GM Customer Assistance Center then you have to escalate it... and unfortunately GM doesn't provide you with any escalation path other than file a claim with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org).

Some on this board suggest going right to a Lemon Law attorney and skipping the BBB arbitration. Check the information the BBB site to see if you qualify for a Lemon Law buyback.

We're hoping our claim with the BBB will get GM to realize that they better get someone working on a fix. I feel your pain.
  • nuyorkahnuyorkah Member Posts: 100
    "I have a 2002 GMC Envoy with the automatic climate control. While sitting at stoplight, regardless in automatic mode or manual mode I can hear slight variations in the blower motor speed. Not a whole notch of fan adjustment variation but just a little. Is this normal, has anyone else experienced this? Thanks for any input "

My 02 Envoy SLT with auto HVAC does the same thing exactly as you described. I have yet to have it checked out but honestly I'm thinking its normal. I will see if I can find out anything next week. I'll let you know.
  • aldan93aldan93 Member Posts: 202
    When consumers pay aprox 30-40k for vehicles like these with all of the brand new technology in them, there is bound to be problems, no matter what the cost, we as consumers should have waited until 04-05 models, these new models have 100's of new technology not proven over time. We have a control arm going through our oil pans!, A remote throttle-no cable! Inline-6 with aluminum block! the list is huge!!! I got sucked in because of the looks, I don't see any SUV that looks as nice as a TB or Envoy!! Give GM time they will get after the suppliers, AC---->DELPHI!,things will get better hopefully!
  • cparise1cparise1 Member Posts: 109
    Don't know from personal experience with the big 3 auto makers but the company I work for in the American motorcycle industry measures warranty claims and defects across all models and the performance of those measures is tied to our bonus plan. Everyone in the company has a stake in quality, and no one starts their day thinking I'm going to try and create a problem for the customer.

Last week-end I waltzed into the Toyota SUV discussion and guess what they're talking lemon law over there. Check it out.

Last night on the news I saw that Ford is recalling '99-'01 Explorers for seat belts and faulty cruise controls. Bet their discussion group is jumping. Don't know if it came from NHTSA but I think its voluntary. Kudos to Ford.

A happy '02 Envoy XL SLT owner.

Happy Motoring,
    Chris
  • mdeymdey Member Posts: 90
    I wonder if the clunk that others are battling and the vibration at speed that I am experiencing are related? The relationship, I would speculate, is the torque converter, which is electronically controlled these days. I have had problems with GMs in the past where the torque converter locks up and then fails to unlock when you come to a stop. That stalls the engine. The culprit was a $50 selonoid.

If the torque converter is intermitently locking up, even when stopped, that would explain the car lurching and the engine speed dropping. It also could explain the shuttering I am feeling at speed; the torque converter is not staying in the locked position at speed.

By the way, my problem didn't start until after I had the transmission serviced by the dealer. They used the flush method to push out the old fluid with a solvent and then replace everything with new fluid. They also overfilled it by about a pint.

As for changing the oil, I find it easy enough to slide up under the bumper of the truck and reach back to the skid plate door and the drain plug. I get to the oil filter by turning the front wheels to the right and reach through the right fender well. I don't lift the car up and I never use ramps (I had a very bad experience in the past with those devils).
  • rdmp205rdmp205 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I have just purchased a new trailblazer. I love the truck but there is some water getting in the passenger side. It looks like it is coming from above through the dashboard. I have taken it back to the dealer twice so far and it only has 500 miles on it and 3 weeks old. I was wondering if anyone has the same problem.

Thanks,
  • richardcoulsonrichardcoulson Member Posts: 88
    Has anyone test driven the new 2004's? If so, is the suspension stiffer as rumored? If so, anyone know what upgrades were done to stiffen it up?
    Thanks.
    Never had a water problem in my 03, in fact its been raining around here like crazy, I drove trough some giant 12" deep puddles, not a drop in the TB to my knowledge
  • twinrottstwinrotts Member Posts: 161
    Can someone please explain how stabilizer bars work.
    What they connect too and why larger or smaller makes a difference.
    I am not one to ever push my truck to the limits of its designed performance, so likely would never do a mod if that were the sole purpose.
    I am curious however as to why some are interested.
    BTW; Just had the truck in for a 15K service and the writer convinced me to have the fuel filter replaced.
    Total cost of 15K service with new fuel filter was $60.68 23.5 of which were parts
    Brakes have 12/32 remaining and tires have 11/32
  • redline65redline65 Member Posts: 693
    Total cost of 15K service with new fuel filter was $60.68 23.5 of which were parts

Where do you live, that's cheap?! Did that include an oil change and tire rotation?
  • twinrottstwinrotts Member Posts: 161
    Included the oil change but I was not due for the tire rotation. Just had that done 3K before.
    They pulled each wheel to gauge the brake pads, but put each wheel back in the original location.
    My dealer is approx 20 miles SE of Rochester NY.
    As a dealership customer, I get lifetime oil/filter for $9.95 with ea 5th one free.
    They will wash the truck as well if asked included in the service.
    My only issue with them is that they do not tend to sell any upper end TB's so I tend to be a source of information for them. On the good side though, they do tend to do what I ask related to TSB's without a need to verify for themselves. They will right the orders to say that customer states"" and road tested to verify
    but really just perform the service on my word alone.
  • mdeymdey Member Posts: 90
    It was raining here today, and I was bored. I pulled my mileage log and calculated my gas mileage to date. My TB LS 2wd has 42k, and my average mileage overall is 19.4 mpg. My driving includes a 17-mile daily commute and quite a few trips of 200 miles or more, including a 2-week, 5,600-mile trip. I also pull a couple of light trailers locally. Not bad for a 4,500-pound truck.
    are usually caused by fluctuations in voltage regulator output. Many have posted that their triplett headlights will vary in intensity when the car first started. This is not usually a big deal, but can be a precursor to finding a bad battery, which some have reported. The tripletts have a fairly low idle rpm speed. With all of the electronics and compressors running, the alternator may be straining to keep up with the load, especially when stuck in traffic.

Frank
  • scottc454scottc454 Member Posts: 356
    It's not so much about pushing the truck to its limits, there's just too much body roll in these things. It's downright scary when you enter a turn a bit too fast.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm
  • envoyloverenvoylover Member Posts: 10
    I would agree to this theory if the "non-automatic" envoy's also had the fluctuations of blower motor speed. My also blower motor speed also varies during normal driving although not as bad.

On a side note I changed my oil this weekend, I had 5500 miles on the oil and it did not use a drop!! I drained 7 quartz and put 7 quartz in. Valvoline non-synthetic 10w30.
  • zapcatzapcat Member Posts: 64
    Any idea if the oil pan is at greater risk in an accident or hitting a curb/pothole hard?
  • envoy_xl_in_paenvoy_xl_in_pa Member Posts: 37
    rdmp205 -

I had the water leak on the passenger side of my wife's 02 envoy XL SLT 4X4. I didn't find it until a 10 months into ownership, and apparently it had been leaking slowly the whole time. I only found it when I removed my winter mats, which had studs that go into the factory carpet. When I took the studs out, the water bubbled through. The rubber back on the carpet was so think, it never seeped through, and we never smelled it. The culprit was a missing weld in the firewall that the dealer said was there since delivery. Needless to say, everything was a mildewed mess under the carpet. The dealer took all of the seats out and replaced the carpet in the entire vehicle, after welding the gap. The truck was in the shop for a week, while they cleaned it out and replaced everything. Very professional job, as they knew that I was going to pursue a buyback due to the excessive mess. The truck came back looking factory new inside.

On the subject of the wandering mirrors - taking the truck in for the 5th or 6th time for this problem. I have had the BCM reprogrammed, replaced, new actuators, new wiring, and assorted other trys, but nothing has fixed this. The dealer service rep admitted that they have no clue at this point, and are at GM's mercy. Can't those engineers figure out how to fix this problem? Seems worse when the vehicle sits for a few days, and if you engage the "tip down in reverse" feature.
  • mlm4mlm4 Member Posts: 401
    GM's automatic HVAC systems use a sensor on the top of the dashboard to measure sun load. The theory is that if the sun is strong the A/C will have to work harder to cool the cabin, thus the fan speed is increased. Although I have not found technical details, I also believe that the system looks at the vehicle and/or engine speed. At slower speeds, there is less air forced through the vents and the blower speed is increased to compensate. At lower engine speeds the A/C compressor is less efficient. It may also be because when the vehicle is stopped the air being drawn in is hotter, even in recirc. mode some fresh air is still drawn in. I have noticed the variations in fan speed in other late-model GM vehicles and it is definitely tied to both the sun's brightness and vehicle speed. There's an algorithm so it's not a one-for-one relationship but those parameters seem to be a factor.
  • tjcishere1tjcishere1 Member Posts: 42
    Question for the board i don't have a headlight out but was thinking about replacing the bulbs to the Sylvania Silverstar high performance bulbs. I was concerned because i remember hearing some people having trouble with the wiring in the triplets the wiring couldn't handle the wattage. i called Sylvania they said that they didnt know of any trouble they said the wattage is 65 i think that is 10 more than what we have now. Any feed back would be helpfull
  • iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    THANKS to Scottc454 for listing a link to the website: www.howstuffworks.com This is an excellent site for obtaining general information! After referring to this link over the weekend, I spent over an hour on the site reading up on How Stuff Works! Cool site...

Second, on the wandering mirror issue, I think that GM has corrected about 90% of the problem as compared to when the triplets were first released. Oddly enough, I am making my first trip to the service department this Thursday for my 03 Envoy SLT XL V-8.

At 5K on the odometer, still performing beautifully, however I am having intermittent trouble with my driver's side mirror. I would say about 90% of the time, it retains the correct position at all times, however the other 10% is a different story. For some particular reason, when the driver's side mirror engages the reverse-tilt mechanism, at least once every 2 weeks the mirror will decide to tilt UPWARDS and OUT... the exact reverse of what it was programmed to do! Luckily, once it engages in this erratic behavior, it will continue to do so until I readjust the settings and hold down my memory one button (making it easy for the service guys to check into). So.. I will keep you all posted on the outcome of the mirrors.

Also, I noticed about a month into ownership that there is a tear in my leather seat surrounding the side-airbag? After showing this to my servicing tech, he ordered me another seat cover and mentioned that he would install it himself being careful not to scratch the plastic trim. Yes, unfortunately I had two tears in my leather seats on my regular length 2002 Envoy SLT and during their attempt to replace the seat covers, they scratched the door panel, center console, etc and had to replace them. After the door panel replacement, they rattled constantly with the radio on! So, I do appreciate his courtiousness in allowing me to watch and possibly assist in the upcoming seat cover replacement process. Also, I begged and pleaded with my service advisor that I would "rather" have the replacement seat cover that has the back pocket (like the 02's did for both driver and passenger sides) and after reassuring him that the seating is the exact same as the 02 models, he winked and said that he would have them order one with the pocket attached! :-)

Last but not least, the service writer showed me this particular website via GM's Dealer World system that brought up all of the details concerning my vehicle including; Where it was manufactured, date and time assembly was completed, all specific order codes for options and trim, etc. Kinda nice! I asked for a printed copy, but the online printer goofed, so he asked that I remind him this upcoming Thursday? Anyone else know of this particular dealer world website? Many of you may want to request this document during your next service visit to have for your records.

Thanks!

IExplore2000
  • iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    Forgot to mention in my previous posting... A friend of mine has plans to take his 02 Envoy SLT in for servicing this Thursday as well for several items and asked for my assistance with this vibration issue.

He has approximately 32K on the odometer and around the 25K mark, I noticed what I can best describe as "drive line vibration @ highway speeds?" I am 100% sure that it is not the tires, nor is a vibration felt in the accelerator area as many have previously mentioned on this forum.

I think that the best way to describe this problem is as follows: Occurs anywhere from 65 - 80+ mph and it sounds like a machine type brrrrrrr/growwl.. (i.e. tool sharpener/grinder rotating very fast and vibrating.. when you shut the unit down, the vibration slows then eventually goes away??)? Sitting on the passenger side, you can really feel and hear the vibration/noise but once the vehicle gets below 65 mph, the noise goes away?

I rule out tires in this case because I can let the steering wheel go and it does not shake at all.. very smooth. The only possible idea that I immediately thought of centered around the locking differential fluid needing to be changed? It's just very odd because prior to the vibration starting, you simply heard wind noise and a little hint of the engine while on the freeway. Now, you can here and feel this vibration (resonance) and it makes taking a 30+ minute trip in the vehicle very tiresome.

Anyone has any ideas or experienced a similar issue? Ultimately, I would like to have a little ammunition for him to take over to the servicing dealership in hopes that they don't rule out this issue as being "normal engine noise."

Thanks!

IExplore2000
    Zapcat, to date, not one(1) oil pan has leaked, believe it or not GM did this in order to lower the center of gravity, plus give it a better look. It actually adds strength in collisions!

Re vibration, it could be the rear springs, or drive shaft.
    envoylover, next time your blower motor changes speeds slightly, look at the voltmeter and see if the voltage is fluctuating at the same time. If so, let the service dept know the next time you're in for something else.

tblazed: Ed, what exactly is an artifact in the fan control? Does it have a part number? Can it be replaced to correct the problem?

Frank
  • missouri2missouri2 Member Posts: 41
    traded my 2002 bravada for a 2004. you may think that this dude is nuts. my 2002 did a great job, it had the small problems and they were fixed. the 2004 handles better, less body roll, they took a few standard items away but made a better suv.
  • paracanaryparacanary Member Posts: 14
    When I had new tires put on my 2002 Bravada, they left the lights on with the ignition key in and ran the battery down. After recharging, the car runs fine but the Check engine soon light stays on. Is there a way I can turn this off without taking it to the dealer?
  • quickdtooquickdtoo Member Posts: 266
    Not sure how the triplets system works but on other OBDII systems I've worked with removing the negative battery cable and turning the ignition key to on but not start, then off then reinstalling the cable will clear the CEL but it also clears any codes set that will help service determine the cause of the CEL. Your call. tim
    no Ed, it is an 2003 Infiniti G35, but I still have my TB. I still need something to haul stuff in.
     By the way Ed, when you copy or reference the work of others, you should give them credit, possibly a footnote to explain that these words are not yours. When you don't, it's called plagiarism. (to take ideas, writings etc. from another and pass them off as your own.) From Webster's dictionary. Now if you would like to get back to the possible reasons for a blower motor speed varying, I'm sure there are plenty of them. One of which can be the alternator voltage fluctuating. It is the easiest to check, and is do-able by anyone with a voltmeter on their dash.

Frank
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If everyone is finished picking nits, perhaps we can get back to the Triplets....

Steve, Host