Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• zeenzeen Member Posts: 401
    Allenr: I didn't have any door light problems. Do you mean dome light? I don't have any dome lights in the middle of the headliner. I only have 2 storage compartments in the headliner including the one with the garage door buttons. I have no sunroof.
  • flyguy5flyguy5 Member Posts: 35
    In case anyone is wondering the part #s for mudflaps is/are Rear Molded Splash Guards 12497608 GUARD PKG 1 $20.30 plus shipping of 9.95 and the rear is Front Molded Splash Guards 12497609 Same price as the rear and as a second shipping item they charge 4.95. And there is no tax because I am out of state. Total cost is around $55.00. I installed the running boards hoping that it would stop rocks from hitting the rear wheel well, but alas, it can still do this. So the final solution is mudflaps. Gravel roads are killers on the paint! Oh, this is at GMParts Direct.
    All my gauges died today!.. Yesterday they reprogrammed the computer that controls this and today after I had driven about 20 miles, ran an errand and then restarted none of the gauges worked. No speedo, tach, odometer or the others. Happened to be across the street from the dealer and brought it in. The mechanic checked the codes and says it is the "Body Module". They have ordered one and they think this will fix it....., checks in the mail etc... They checked the parts database and there are only 5 of these available in the US. It should be in Monday. We'll keep you informed.
  • hambone7hambone7 Member Posts: 130
    A number of owners on this board have logged complaints about the moulding around the 3rd taillight lifting off. Is this an Envoy issue only? I have a TB and the 3rd light doesn't have a moulding around it. There is the top body color painted piece (the width of the tailgate) that mounts to the tailgate and the 3rd light is inset to that piece. I vaguely remember seeing a black part, the width of the 3rd light, mounted to the 3rd light months ago...perhaps that was Envoys I was looking at.

I am mentioning this because I wonder if there has been a slight design change in the 3rd light. My TB was built in June.
    flyguy: Do have to drill holes to mount these? Are they black or body color? Got any digital pictures you can send with them installed?
  • hiker1hiker1 Member Posts: 9
    Information on Eaton G80 locking differential at http://www.torquecontrol.eaton.com/prodinfo/products/locker.html
  • channel79channel79 Member Posts: 1
    Have yet to completely understand the ECAS system, but it clearly does not settle five inches. I checked its rise upon startup and found the following: Measured at the trailer hitch receiver the truck rose 7/8" upon initial startup. The truck had sat only about an hour prior to test, but appeared the same as the "overnight" settling. Mine appears to inflate at startup, then lets some air out and reinflates four minutes later. I have not been able to tell the cycle time after the first one. I too am not certain that there are not leaks. Climbing underneath didn't help much, I couldn't even find prospective fitting to tighten. The compressor is obvious, but airlines and sensors escaped me.
  • fltrsei2fltrsei2 Member Posts: 9
    I'm going to contact the dealer tomorrow and have them give an opinion after they look at it. I think there is a problem. The post about the failed air bladder that trashed the suspension scares me. Although his occured at highway speed, I'm guessing that if the air shocks are deflated then there might be other suspension components being stressed out of their design specifications. Also if there is a small leak then the compressor is being cycled more, possibly in excess of the typical periodic operation, therefore shortening it lifespan. New vehicle bugs can drive one crazy!
    Just put the order in. Don't know when I'll get them. I'll get a Pic up when I have them.
  • hardhawkhardhawk Member Posts: 702
    My Envoy arrived at the dealer late today and I pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait. Ordered May 16th, Built June 23rd, shipped July 3rd and delivered July 19th. Indigo Blue with Med. Pewter Leather. 4WD SLT with 1SH, Moonroof & running boards. Will give an initial report this weekend.
  • ralforalfo Member Posts: 36
    When I originally spoke with the dealer, they said they needed to clear it with the district GM rep to ensure that they will get reimbursed. They called me 2 days later and told me it was o., They placed the order and they took about 5 weeks to come in.
  • richardc4richardc4 Member Posts: 33
    Has anyone had a problem with the driver's door making a loud banging noise when going over a bump? Seems like a door guide is bad or something wrong with a hinge. I'd like to know if something is wrong or if it's just the nature of the beast before going to the dealer.
    The Envoy running boards, according to the GMC brochure, have a different appearance than the TB boards. There are slots in the Envoy boards, just below the rocker panels and it seems the pattern on the tops are different. I would think they would bolt up interchangeably, however, you sticklers for originality should note this.
    Suggest that Envoy owners may want to ask their dealer what the Part number is for the Envoy Running Boards and then check pricing with GMPartsDirect or another online vendor.
  • jkelly9jkelly9 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the market for a new TrailBlazer LT 4WD. I finally found a dealer that was willing to give me a fair deal. His offer... $250 over invoice. I thought that was pretty fair until he said $29,450. My calculations show that a 4WD LT w/Running Boards only should be closer to $28,500 (invoice)? Is my price accurate? What do you think of the $29,450? I am going to buy Saturday morning and I am planning on offering $28,800. Is this a fair offer? My biggest concern is that there are additonal costs that the dealer incurs in the sale of this car and that my offer would be a slap in the face. Any advice?
  • childs57childs57 Member Posts: 15
    jkelly9,
    it sounds as if you know what you want as far as options go on your Trailblazer, so it is easy to get MSRP and invoice prices. Edmunds, kbb.com, nadaguides.com, or autosite.com will all give you MSRP and invoice price on both base vehicle and options. These figures should all be the same on each site.

The dealer does not buy the vehicle from GM at invoice; you have to take into account holdback and what GM calls wholesale financial reserve (floorplan fee),which are both reimbursed to dealer by GM. So, even at invoice price, dealer would make money on the deal.

However, the dealer has to make an appropriate profit to pay the bills and stay in business. Thus, an offer of 5% over dealer cost is usually fair for both you and the dealer. Dealer cost is usually Invoice-holdback-WFR-any rebates; keep in mind that figuring the actual dealer cost is darn near impossible, but the above formula should get you close.

Another helpful site for figuring what you should offer the dealer on a new vehicle is carbuyingtips.com. They have an Excel spreadsheet there that you can download that will take you step-by-step through all of these figures and come up with a fair offer price.

Good luck...I think your original offer of $250.00 over invoice sounds like a good deal.
  • akajoeakajoe Member Posts: 69
    I don't think the air suspension bladders should discharge that much over night. There will be some discharge because there are no perfect seals, and no perfect control valves. However, I don't believe the time constant on the discharge rate should be on the order of one evening or even a day. It should at least be a couple of days to weeks. This way, under general use, you'd never notice because everytime you drive, it resets the pressure to nominal value. And if you drive at least once a week, you'd never notice the air discharging and it would be "virtually" always fully charged.

On my Bravada, I have not ever noticed the pumps running after I start the car (I use the car practically every day). There are times when I go an entire weekend without using the car, and it doesn't discharge enough to cause the compressors to kick in on startup. Usually the only time there is any activity is when I go into a curve sharply that causes the body to roll, or when more than the usual number of people get into the car.

I agree that if the compressor were to run every day, likely it is being over worked for it's designed duty cycle and will prematurely wear out. It is easy to imagine the pump having been designed for height adjustments that take care of discharge whenever the adjustments are made, and that is all. Heck, even basketballs last en entire season without having to refill.
  • domino9domino9 Member Posts: 8
    Picked up a new Sage Green 4wd LTZ TB this morning in Sacramento CA. There's only about 4 so far in northern CA, and only a few LTZs. Got it for about 4% over. Could've got one even cheaper if I was willing to bend on color, but I wasn't. Tried Priceline first, and while I was very happy with their service, I didn't end up using them since no dealers with that color responded to their request. The TB only had 3 miles when I picked it up. Best car-buying experience I've ever had by using the internet.
  • jdoggiejdoggie Member Posts: 3
    Just an FYI for those of you looking to buy/lease soon... I went to the GMC site a couple of weeks ago and requested info on the Envoy, Yukon, Denali and Tahoe (all the same form)and today received a thank you email with a personalized link offering a $500 off certificate for GM vehicles with delivery to be taken between 7/19 and 10/1. I don't know if these go to everybody, or what you have to request, but it's worth a try if you're looking to get one soon. It's perfect for me...I already made my deal and will be picking up my Envoy SLT Saturday. This will take my price to below invoice...a very pleasant and unexpected surprise!
  • morpheus0011morpheus0011 Member Posts: 2
    I just order the running broads(part #12497885) for my GMC ENVOY at a local GM Dealer parts shop. The price they quoted me was 254.95(taxs included)and the shipment will be arriving there Monday. I think this has been said before, going to your local dealer parts department(not the service department) is the best way of picking up the running board if possible. The price for the same part at GMPARTSDIRECT is $246.97, that's only an eight dollar different.

I'm glad to report that my Envoy with 5500 miles is not showing no more sign of oil loss after my 5000 mile oil change. There must have been some problem with the oil supply from GM?

KJ
    I'm getting 12.5 MPG after 200 miles, yikes. That's mixed driving and the RPMs never went above 3000, honest. Hopefully this is due to having a brand new engine.
  • saepopesaepope Member Posts: 1
    I need advice on a rear end ratio. I am purchasing an Envoy next month and I'm not sure which ratios afford what advantages. My habits:
    I don't plan on heavy towing, if any towing at all(you never know).
    I drive many highway and city miles.
    I like having acceleration at my disposal when I want it!!!!
    Is there a large noticable difference between the 3.73 and 4.10? I think my desire for good acceleration rules out the stock 3.53.

Thanks for any explantion and advice.
    SAEpope
    Since you don't care about gas mileage, get the 4.10
  • jw4gmjw4gm Member Posts: 27
    saepope.....sounds like 3.73 might be your best bet. I recently got a 4.10 (wanted a 3.73, but that's another story) and I am well pleased. My driving is mostly urban & country. Very little highway. The one observation I'd like to pass along. I checked at 70mph and the engine was turning 2300, which is certainly respectable. This tidbit won't sway a decision, but every little bit helps. I only have 200 miles, so I have no feel for gas mileage yet. Good luck and I will be reading other answers.
  • bryancosbryancos Member Posts: 282
    In case anyone was curious about 3rd party extended warranties, I just checked into extended warranties from a couple of third party suppliers: Warranty Gold and Warranty Direct. I got the following prices. Quotes based on a 2002 GMC Envoy with 250 miles on the odometer. Your quotes may vary - also note that some run specials on occasion which could lead to significant savings. From initial pricing comparison, it looks like Warranty Gold wins out.

WARRANTY GOLD
    www.warrantygold.com

NEW PLATINUM
    Term Miles Price
    5 Years 75000 $904
    5 Years 100000 $1054
    5 Years 150000 $1504
    6 Years 60000 $754
    6 Years 72000 $954
    6 Years 100000 $1104
    7 Years 70000 $1004
    7 Years 100000 $1154

NEW PLATINUM
    Coverage Benefits Include:
    60 Day Preview Period
    Can be Used in U.S. and/or Canada
    Repairs Paid by Visa/Mastercard
    Your Choice of Reputable Repair Facility
    Sign & Drive Roadside Assistance
    Convenient Payment Plan
    --------------------------------------------------
    Prices do not reflect unpublished discounts.
    Call now for current specials.

=========================================
    WARRANTY DIRECT
    www.warrantydirect.com

--- 2002 GMC Envoy
    --- 250 Miles
    Terms: Diamond Platinum
    $50 Deductible $50 Deductible

3 Years 45000 Miles $600.00 N/A
    4 Years 60000 Miles $725.00 N/A
    5 Years 75000 Miles $1,100.00 $975.00
    5 Years 100000 Miles $1,250.00 $1,175.00
    5 Years 150000 Miles $1,875.00 $1,725.00
    6 Years 60000 Miles $975.00 $900.00
    6 Years 72000 Miles $1,100.00 $1,000.00
    6 Years 100000 Miles $1,300.00 $1,225.00
    7 Years 70000 Miles $1,100.00 $1,025.00
    7 Years 85000 Miles $1,250.00 N/A
    7 Years 100000 Miles $1,350.00 $1,275.00

Zero Deductible Add $75.00 Add $50.00
  • fletch45fletch45 Member Posts: 72
    Mine gets 14-15 with AC on and strictly local driving. Took a 300+ mile road trip with 200mi on the clock, interstate @ 75 w/AC on was 19+ mpg, and that was right out of the box. I haven't seen much change in mileage since the day I drove it home (about 2000 miles). My Trailblazer has the 3.73 gears. If your's doesn't improve a bit, I would mention it to your service dept, but I wouldn't look for any record-breaking mileage either.

Saepope...I would not get 4.10s unless you are planning on quite a bit of towing. The tires on these models are a lot smaller diameter than the full size pickups (which lowers the effective gear ratio), and from experience I can tell you that 4.10s were a step lower than needed on my 2000 Silverado, since I didn't do much towing.
    jim f
  • bjp5bjp5 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Guys:

I've learned more in the last couple of hours reading your advice and comments than a week at the dealerships.

I could go either way between Envoy Or TB. I could get a TB quicker with what I want and was about to make a deal when I noticed that TB does not have the self/leveling air suspension. For trailering up to 4000 lbs, is there an advantage to the air suspension? Is it fairly trouble free? Will the standard shocks on the chevy keep the rear from sinking alot? GM has 3 different vehicles that are basically the same but TB does not offer the air suspension. Why???

I will order either the 3.73 or 4.10 instead of the stock 3.42. I had a Tahoe and I loved it but wished I had the lower ratio. Any thoughts?
  • imototoimototo Member Posts: 22
    Thanks, fly guy and Steve. I never knew all that was out there. Obviously, I'm going to have to spend some time reading.

It's been 16 years since I bought a new car.... and I wouldn't be now if a stupid girl hadn't rear-ended me (not another car on the street, go figure). My "old" car is now a "totalled" (but I still can drive it) Old -top Cutlass and I feel like the bride at the altar with buying this new Bravada. Everything has changed so much! So please forgive the ignorance.

Now, here is my latest dilemma. I've seen posts regarding maintaining a good relationship with the dealer. Well, I bought the new Bravada 40 miles away and about 1 1/2 hours drive-time...yeah, there was a reason. But obviously, I don't want to drive all the way up there for service and if I have major problems, I couldn't leave it overnight....... There are 2 other Old dealers here in town. Do you think I would get satisfactory service from them even though I didn't buy the car from them? How about resolution of problems, God forbid, if they arise? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
  • keithd1949keithd1949 Member Posts: 4
    I finally got my Envoy a week ago after waiting 11 weeks for it to be built to order. I got it at the GMO employee price through my brother. It is a fully loaded SLT (Professional towing with 4.10, sunroof and engine block heater. I didn’t want running boards).

During the break in period, I pretty much followed the guidelines but did go up to 65 for very short periods on the freeway. Almost all my driving was country and freeway and I averaged 20.1 mpg for the first 540 miles. I suspect this may go down a little now that I will step on it a bit more to accelerate and drive a steady 70 on the freeway.

Hambone7 - 12.5 mpg is a lot different than what I got. You either drove it a lot different or have a problem and should see the dealer.

Saepope - I think you would be happy with either the 4.10 or 3.73. There is no doubt the 4.10 will give the best acceleration. The 4.10 is a must for heavy towing and would allow for light towing in drive instead of third as recommended. For towing a mid weight trailer (which I have at 3,000 lbs) you should tow in 3rd gear. At 70 mph this means the engine will be turning at about 3,500 rpm. A 3.73 rear end would lower that to 3,200 rpm and be a little easier on the engine and still provide adequate power.

So far I have no complaints about this vehicle. My wife and I love it and are delighted with all the bells and whistles.
  • tronsr1tronsr1 Member Posts: 149
    Before you purchase a 3rd party Warranty, I suggest you go to the Town hall "Warranty" section and scroll down to the WG and the other 3rd party Warranty posts. Your best bet is a GMWarranty....they are "negotiable" and if yoiu EMail several GM dealers in your area for a quote on exactly what you are looking for....you will get several different prices...Try it!! Be very cautious before you purchase a 3rd party warranty.
    Even the Edmunds Host of that section will give you the same advice....that the Factory warranty is your best bet for "NO Hassle" service.
    Hope this reaches you in time!!!
    P.S. They are always "always" running "Specials"!!!Be Cautious!!!!Sometimes, spending a few dollars more can save you money in the long haul.
  • joe_macjoe_mac Member Posts: 7
    If a warranty is very important to you then the Bravada would make the best choice. It has a 5 year/60,000 mile factory warranty. One of the best in the industry.
    According to a couple of previous postings, a 4.10 axle ratio will turn 2300 RPMs at 70. My 3.73 axle ratio turns 2100 RPMs at 70.

Engine noise difference is insignificant between 2100 and 2300.
  • fantomfantom Member Posts: 211
    IMHO both joe mac and tron are offering excellent advice to bryancos. I believe all 3rd party warranty offerings are full of land mines and offer little hope of delivering on their promises.

After evaluating a number of extended warranty outfits I've come to the conclusion that my peace of mind would best be served by putting the money it would cost in the bank or going with an extended manufacturers' warranty.

There were just too few statistics forthcoming to get a comfort level about these firms; there were too many cleverly crafted legal exceptions in their contracts; vague future preventive maintenance requirements gave them too much wiggle room; and the smell of a shell game with a series of corporate name changes, re-insurance companies, risk retention groups, off-shore offices, and independent administrators worried me.

Final adjudication appears the sole discretion of their administrator, or you must go through a very expensive and time consuming arbitration process. Finally their slick marketing answers to lots of straight forward questions, the hint of company shills and paid-for recommendations on these sites, and too many horror stories about lack of service, killed any interest for me.

The peace of mind we are looking for is much more possible via an extended manufacturers' warranty.
  • troutfantroutfan Member Posts: 4
    Envoy 2002 brochure says Polo Green and Sandalwood are "available late 2001." Does anyone have some insight when that actually might be? I am willing to wait a month or so, but not till Nov or Dec delivery. I don't get much help from local GM salesmen on this and I get all kinds of conflicting stories from them. They just want you to buy their inventory.

Any help is appreciated.

Troutfan
  • djmurfdjmurf Member Posts: 6
    The following website seems to indicate that Polo Green and Sandlewood can be ordered now for Envoys.
    www.arifleet.com/production.html#gmtrucks
  • bradcarbradcar Member Posts: 7
    Picked up new TB LTZ Fri. Some times all audio (radio, etc.)is cut off, and cannot reach on-star, do not even hear it dialing. Suspect somehow on-star is over riding all the audio.

Anyone with similar expeience or thoughts on problem?

Brad
  • tpellowtpellow Member Posts: 21
    I've been keeping up with this list for several months now and am getting closer to buying a vehicle. I've been partial to the TB LTZ, so far. The real cinched to the deal is the availability of the DAD player in the TB. Does anyone know if the DAD player will be available in the Envoy or Bravado as well? Also, my sales re seems to not be able to order the DAD in a TB and wants me to buy an after market. I've told him multiple times that I will only buy the factory installed DAD. Oh, by the way, since he says he can't order the DAD he can't give me a price either.
  • rktcyntstrktcyntst Member Posts: 9
    Hi all. This is my first time posting to this board, but you've all provided me with a ton of great info... thanks!

tpellow - was at Olds dealer yesterday and the DVD player will also be available on the Bravada as our dealer said it's no longer constrained on their computer (nor is the sandalwood paint color for anyone that cares, although you all porbably already knew that...) I woudn't be surprised to see it on the Envoy as well, but that's my opinion...

Anyway, I got into a wreck about a week ago and totaled my wife's car (ouch and ouch), but I'm now looking for a new vehcle for her. Looking around, the Bravada is at the top of her list and I like it also (I like the looks of the TBs better, but who am I to say anything) We were able to test drive it and play around with the bells & whitsles and, in short, it's a solid vehicle with a very smooth ride. I did notice the air compressor running at the beginning of the test drive along with the hissing of discharging air (kinda sounds like a bus), but it only happened once during the 1/2 hour ride, so I guess it wouldn't be a big deal. Also, the sales dude started the engine and about 40 seconds later, it died at idle. I'm already a little weary about throwing this much money at an American manufacturer, and that didn't help ease my mind...

Anyway, my questions:
    1. Has anyone had any problems with this new Vortec, or had any additional maintenance performed for any reason?

2. Does anyone have any crash test data or know of anyplace to look for this model year Bravada? The only thing I have seen is on the Autobytel website under safety (credibility?) and it lists the Bravada as POOR. This doesn't sit well with me either as I was just involved in a collision and don't want my wife and family driving around in something that won't protect them as well as another vehicle for the same $$$...

3. In line with the last question, how are insurance rates for this vehicle? I know it depends a a bunch of coverage variables, but would you consider it comparable to other vehicles in this class, higher/lower?

4. Do these vehicle have child seat safety anchors? Couldn't tell during our dealer trip, perhaps someone out there knows...

5. Finally, a money question. is $32,500 a good price for the Bravada with convenience pkg, 6 disc & heated seats? I know I can get this via GMS, but should I/can I try to do better by haggling? Don't know if I can get under $32K.

Thanks for laboring through this and any answers/opinions to the above would help greatly with our decision. I like the vehicle a lot, and the 60/60K Olds warranty helps ease my mind a lot as well, with my only remining issue being the safety factor. Thanks.
    Thanks for the insight guys! I've not dropped a dime on anything yet, and I'll certainly do what tronsr1 suggests and attempt a negotiation on a GM Warranty. Got the vehicle on the GM SmartLease to lower my up front payments, but I'm considering purchasing it at the end of term, so getting the extended warranty now would be prudent. Getting one down the road would be akin to trying to buy car insurance AFTER an accident.
    Rktcyntst,

Yes there are child safety seat anchors in the rear cargo area right behind the rear seat back. This provides the anchor point the seat strap to attach to. Full instructions are in the owners manual -- ask your dealer to show you.

Also I saw a post somewhere regarding price, and

if you're willing to wait to travel or have one shipped, you might want to check:

http://www.98over.com

You purportedly can pick up most GM/Daimler-Chrysler vehicles for $98 over factory invoice. See site for details. Had I known about this site, I might have tried them before utilizing GMS pricing plus the $1000 GM loyalty check that I received in the mail... Has anyone here bought their vehicle thru 98over.com?

• anjin_navanjin_nav Member Posts: 18
    The On Star audio does use your car's speakers, brad car. I had the same problem, and if you just turn up the radio, it works great! BOW, it also helps if you use the auto tone set to "TALK" when you use On Star; that seems to clear up a lot of the static in the system.
  • dindakdindak Member Posts: 6,632
    Great comparison of the 2002 Envoy and Explorer in last weeks Business Week. They gave the nod to Envoy sighting better looks, interior and a more refined drive train. Ford should be worried.
  • vaguyvaguy Member Posts: 7
    I just got 2 sets of mud flaps from my dealer today and was wondering if anyone has installed their own and how easy of a task is it? I believe I saw something on here before about that, but can't find it.

Just got my 2002 Envoy SLT on Saturday and thanks to this site I feel, for once that I got a good deal on a vehicle. The information from this board and site was very helpful while negotiating with the dealer.

So far, so good. Love my Envoy!!
  • mfullmermfullmer Member Posts: 773
    Please help me out if you have the Bose w/6 Disk changer.

When I press the "Auto Vol" button it gives me two choices "On" "Off". (This is different from the non-6 disk version which gives several choices).

My problem is that I push the button (when I push it "Auto Vol OFF" always displays) until it shows "on". Then I just leave it there. I have noticed NO difference in audio volume even if I open the moonroof at highway speed. (I have tried the same thing in my Cadillac Seville and I can hear a NOTICABLE difference in the audio volume both going up and down).

Funny thing is, when I press the "Auto Vol" button it ALWAYS comes up to "OFF". I have taken it to the dealer several times but they said that all of the Bravada's they have do that.

I'm not sure what to do next. I thought I would see if anyone else has theirs stay to the "on" position.

Thanks in advance.
  • jjc77jjc77 Member Posts: 3
    Brad car I have had the same problem with the audio cut out on my Envoy. I would get in and start it up after it had been sitting for a couple of hours and no volume from the radio, the radio would work I could change stations and change CDs but no sound. I turn the vehicle off and let it set a couple of minutes and start it back up and its fine. This has only happened twice and the only common element is that both times it happened it has been an extremely hot and humid day. I never tried to see if the ON STAR still worked because it corrected itself before I could try. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.
  • couimetcouimet Member Posts: 130
  • racoonlodgeracoonlodge Member Posts: 34
    The two colors are now available from the dealers (GMC & Chevy). As of this past Friday (7/20), the Chevy site started displaying the colors (sandalwood & forest green). Also as specified earlier:

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html#gmtrucks

will inform you should production be stopped or delayed.
  • jjc77jjc77 Member Posts: 3
    I was reading the Owners Manual and in the radio section For the 6 Disc changer. It reads, If your vehicle has the BOSE radio, your audio system monitors the noise inside your vehicle. Then, automatically adjusts the volume so that it always sounds the same to you. To use automatic volume, press the AUTO VOL button until AVOL ON appears on the display. To turn automatic volume off, press the AUTO VOL button until AVOL OFF appears on the display.

In short if you turn it on and you roll down your windows while your driving the volume should stay the same as if you did not roll down the windows. If you read the section above in the manual for the AUTO VOL. you will be able to understand the difference with the NON-Bose. Sometimes the Owners Manual knows more than the dealers do. Hope this helps.
  • chipperrrrrchipperrrrr Member Posts: 29
    I finally ended a month of test drives and research Saturday and picked up a new Chevy Trailblazer. I test drove and read everything I could get my hands on regarding the following vehicles.
    1. Toyota Highlander
    2. Ford Escape
    3. Mazda Tribute
    4. Jeep Liberty
    5. Jeep Grand Cherokee
    6. Chewy Trailblazer
    Here is my humble opinion regarding each of the aforementioned vehicles.
    Toyota Highlander
    Great ride. The handling of theHL is excellent. the looks are also great. However, as I continually looked at the vehicle, it reminded me too much of a mini-van which I was currently selling. I wanted an suv with the ride and handling of a car. The HL certainly can deliver on that, but the mini-van look and, I think, the higher prices that Toyota is commanding made me look elsewhere. I currently also own a Camry so it was hard not to go Toyota again.
    Ford Escape
    Great handling, great road feel, middle of the road interior and great engine performance. However, I couldn*t get over the extensive plastic lower body cladding. I had to pass due to this design feature. I know that the vehicle is supposed to present an "outdoors look" but I wanted a mix that also looks good at the country club. If the escape came with painted matching or contrasting bumpers and cladding, I probably would have picked this vehicle.
    Tribute
    Really this was my first choice until I finally got to drive an ES model last week. The road manners around town are great. However, on the open highway the stiff ride was not comfortable. Especially in the back seat. I felt at highway speeds of 60-70 the ride in the back made me crave for dramamine. Also, I was very dissapointed in the interior appointments. The cargo compartment carpeting looked like it was cut, end-stitched and just layed in the back end. Also, the head-liner over the cargo compartment on both sides hung down and was not even tucked into place. Also, the dealer was charging $350 over msrp. (Give me a break). This vehicle does not command that kind of money. No vehicle does. In my mind, no vehicle commands msrp. I ruled the vehicle out due those reasons.
    Jeep liberty
    Although not that spacious in the cargo compartment, this vehicle is great. I test drove a full leather version with the premium stereo system. MSRP was 26,200. The vehicle handled supperbly although the ride is a little stiff, especially on uneven pavement. This feature was especially evident in the back seat. IN the front seat this was not an issue. The interior appointments are the best of all the vehicles I test drove. The white guages with the I*ll call platinum trim are great. The leather seats looked great although I am not partial to leather.
    The tail-gate system that Jeep employs on this vehicle is great. One pull of the lever and the window pops open. Two pulls and the gate swings open. One big pitfall concerning this vehicle though for me stems from the tire mounting on the swing gate. I just personally don*t like tires mounted on the back because of damage that could ensue with minor rear end collisions. Also, the swing feature of the rear gate presents a problem for a guy like me who frequently hauls junk bought at Home-Depot that is longer that the cargo area and requires the lift-gate to be up. With the liberty this type of hauling would be impossible. Also, the cargo compartment on this vehicle is limited without the seats folded down. This would be a real limitation on vacation trips. Although this vehicle definitely raised my blood pressure, from a handling and interior design standpoint more than any other that I tested, for the above reasons I had to rule it out. However, I predict that I will own a Liberty as a second vehicle some day.
    Grand Cherokee
    The grand cherokee is one of the best looking SUV*s on the road in my opinion. I test drove a Laredo. I liked the road handling of the GC. I also liked the interior although Jeep has not done as good a job in this department as with the liberty. I was very concerned with the horror stories that I have read on this website regarding brake rotors, drive lines, etc. etc, and the poor maintenance record of this vehicle. I personally spoke to two people at my place of employment who have had extensive problems in this regard with the 99 jgc. During my test drive I noticed what I percieved to be a very loud engine roar when stopped at red lights during "in town" driving. Also, although the interior was quite nice in the grand cherokee, I expected a little bit better. With the 2500 jeep rebates, the prices are quite attractive on this vehicle which prompted my test drive. However, after all was said and done, I could not forget all of the vehicle problems which I have heard about. For those reasons, I had to rule out the vehicle.
    Chevy Trailblazer
    After the first test drive of the TB I was impressed. My mother has a 96 Blazer and I was very biased towards the negative when I first drove this vehicle. Since I have owned 7 foreign vehicles since my last Chevrolet, I never thought that this is where I would end my search. The interior of the TB is "so-so". I purchased the LS with the LS-3 package. My TB also came with the raised white letter tires which made the indigo blue color my favorite choice. The engine in this vehicle is quite remarkable when compared to the old Blazer models. The 270 horses really pull the hills in this part of the country. Also when merging onto the interstate, the engine provides more than enough umppphh to merge and leave traffic in the dust. another reason that I chose the TB was the price compared to the options that came standard. Standard on the vehicle are anti-lock brakes, side-air bags, a full spare with matching aluminum wheel, rear heat and ac and dual climate controls. For the money, I thought that the standard option packages as well as the ls-3 package was as good a bargain as could be expected in these days of inflated prices. I believe that Chevy could do more with the dash system as far as looks go and I feel that it is rather pedestrian. Also, the rear seat is comfortable but rather upright and non-adjustable. I am waiting to see how a 10 hour ride to the beach will work out in the rear seat. However, the front seats are a 100% improvement over the old models. Also included on the ls package is a manual lumbar adjustment which is great. Also, with the in-line six the problem of where to place your feet up front has been eliminated with this new iteration TB.
    The vehicle has a brute look about is which I feel is important in an suv. The ride is very comfortable. In fact I would compare it to that of a luxury automobile. Also, the quiteness of the engine coupled with low level interior noise levels lead me to the TB as my choice. If the repair man does not raise his ugly head too many times during the next three years, I feel that I may have been converted back the the "Good old USA". I*m
  • chipperrrrrchipperrrrr Member Posts: 29
    VAguy, would you please inform us regarding the mud flaps that you purchased. Were the flaps custom fitted or the old flat-type that many of us are familiar with. I need a pair for my
    TB too. I can*t stand the road debris which kicks up on the sides. Even the 3-m tire dressing is already showing up as little drops on the side of my new vehicle. Also, does anyone out there know of a place to get a good deal on a bike rack that would slide into the class III hitch on the back of the TB. I really only need the capability to haul two mountain bikes. Any held would truly be appreciated. thank you.