Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

1346347348349350352»

Comments

• burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    edited May 2010
    Some time ago I noticed one of the Bilstein shocks on the back of our 02 TB was leaking. I was appalled at the dealer cost for them (something like $150 each, if I remember right). I went out on Ebay and got the new EXACT shocks for $50 total. They even had the GM part # tags on them with the same GM part # that I was quoted. It took about 15 minutes each to install them.
  • slipkidslipkid Member Posts: 10
    my external temp started to be very inaccurate, says 50 degrees when it's close to 80. this happened for a while and the AC still worked normally inside.

This weekend the external would start aroudn 50-60 (again it was 80+ out) but then rapidly climb down in incriments of 1 all the way to negative 26, then come back up at random times. At this point the AC would start working then stop.

when the external temp showed up back in the the 50 degree range the AC would work normally again.

soooooo, i know the AC does work and has the ability to cool so i assume i just have an electronics problem.

do i replace the whole climate control section in the dash, or should i change the things located behind the glove box as noted in an above post?

hoping i can keep this a cheap DIY, other than the annoying fan clutch noise this truck has been a flawless gem.
  • cbwilshacbwilsha Member Posts: 70
    Change only one thing--the outside temp sensor near the top center front of the radiator. Only costs around $15 or so at the dealer or many parts stores. Will take you maybe 15 minutes to change.

See the following for instructions and pics (particularly post #45):

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=26347&highlight=temperature+sensor

C.B.
  • pepito51pepito51 Member Posts: 16
    2002 Envoy; 90,000 miles; 8.5 years old.. Just curious how long belts and hoses should normally last on these triplets.. I don't know of any problem, and I presume the dealer probably looks at them at oil changes (hopefully). Should any of these be changed just due to age/mileage?
    I have a 2002 TB with about the same mileage. Hoses are all still good. Serpentine belt is just starting to show wear with minor cracking on the ribs, no missing rib sections yet, so no need to change it for now.............
  • escotland1escotland1 Member Posts: 1
    I just trouble shot a 2005 Buick Ranier for no blower motor operation.
    Head unit at HVAC controller operating normally. Have 12v at solid state blower motor
    control unit and sense wire from head unit is sending signal. Manually powered blower motor with 12v and Gnd. patch wires from connector powering motor control unit. Motor functions normally. Will replace control unit (carter group) 9643 (1P) 52409643 (2P) 001 (S) 00022101250513451994
  • jimbo104jimbo104 Member Posts: 1
    My son changed the tail light asembly on a 2004 Buick Rainier and in doing so changed some ends on his wires to the light assembly and did some soldering. Now the ignition switch will not shut off. Is this related or something diffenent.
    Probably different. You did mean that the ignition switch is physically stuck in the ON position?
  • handyandy3handyandy3 Member Posts: 21
    I would say more then likely---because turning on the ignition does not activate the lights--you can turn them on even with the ignition off so I would think one of the wires is crossed somewhere---see if you can find a schematic to trace the connections or get it down to someone who knows a lot about the electrical system of your car

ken z
  • carrencarren Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the same clicking noise. I'm calling in the morning.
  • akrollakroll Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 GMC Envoy - the rear AC comes on by itself even if the car is shut off.. goes off by itself too.. Any solution??
  • costello1costello1 Member Posts: 60
    Does anyone know if the 05 Ascender /Envoy has front tow hooks??
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    I have limited information on what options were offered on what model years of vehicles. However the electronic parts catalog for 2005 S/T vehicles shows that this option RPO V76 for front tow hook was only available for Chevrolet not GMC. I hope this helps.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • costello1costello1 Member Posts: 60
    Tow hooks an option?? That is odd , always had them even on the cheapest cars I have owned , an option?? Thanks
  • goinggoldgoinggold Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem. Were you able to figure out what was wrong with your radio?
  • beenaround818beenaround818 Member Posts: 1
    Todd, if you haven't found a solution to your problem, I may have one... although the problem only happened in drive after several minutes of driving...
    several years ago, I had the same thing happen... it took the Chevy dealer 3 visits to solve this.. there is a rubber seal on the inside of the front wheel that was rubbing up against the hub? or something else.. can't remember as it was so long ago
  • jaredogdenjaredogden Member Posts: 2
    Hello I have an 04 rainier. When I take off I start to get a roaring sound that semms to be coming from the front driver side. The faster I go the Faster the roaring which makes me believe it is in the wheel. Then as a decrease speed it slows down. Is this the wheel bearing going out?
    It really sounds like a hub bearing to me--to double check lift that side of the vehicle and spin the wheel by hand then try rocking it side to side---there should be no noise and very miminal movement of the wheel---usually this repair requires the enlistment of a qualified mechanic for the repair because of special tools needed---also don't wait to long to get it repaired because you are placing yourself in a dangerous situation
    I own a '05 buick rainier and what I need to know---is the oil pressure gauge supposed to read over 80 lbs of pressure constantly whether I am at idle or at driving speeds---when I turn off the engine the gauge does go down to zero and is there a way of checking the gauge foe accuracy---thanks
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Oil pressure may vary with engine speed, outside temperature and oil viscosity, but readings above the low pressure zone indicate the normal operating range. A reading in the low pressure zone may be caused
    by a dangerously low oil level or other problems causing
    low oil pressure.

I would be happy to ask our Technical Assistance Center for more information on this, but would need the last 8 digits of your VIN. If you were to email that to me, that'd be great!

Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    thanks sarah here are the last 8 digets of my vin---52174696---and thanks for the help so far
    Good morning handyandy3,
    I have sent your questions over to the Technical Assistance Center and will get you an update as soon as they get back with me!
    Regards,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    Hello again handandy3,

I heard back from our Technical Assistance Center:
    "Below are the minimum oil pressure readings (a service document). We recommend the vehicle be brought to a dealer so the vehicle can be properly diagnosed to determine if there is a concern.
    • Oil Pressure – Minimum – Hot 41 kPa at 1,000 engine RPM
    124 kPa at 2,000 engine RPM
    165 kPa at 4,000 engine RPM

6 psig at 1,000 engine RPM
    18 psig at 2,000 engine RPM
    24 psig at 4,000 engine RPM

I hope this is helpful for you! If I can assist in any other way, please let me know.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • elsazelsaz Member Posts: 3
    Can you tell me if you have found a solution for this problem yet? My buick rainier 04 starts having the same problem now.
    It is at dealership now for a different problem at this moment but I would like to know if I should expect another problem.
    thanks for all the help, I just wanted to inform you that I finally took my car in to Rinke Chevy and they wound up replacing the oil pressure sender switch---thus now everything is like it is supposed to be---thanks again Sarah

ken z
    Ken,

It's so wonderful to hear back, and I'm glad that everything is running properly!
    All the best, and if I can ever be of further assistance you know where to find me. ;)

Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • webweyeswebweyes Member Posts: 1
    A few weekends ago I had to replace the fan clutch on my '06 Trailblazer EXT LS. In addition to getting the P0495 code from the check engine light, when I rev'd it up it sounded like a jet engine. I knew I was in need of a new fan clutch. After looking under the hood I also noticed the pully on the water pump was wobbling as it spun so I replaced that as well. Since I was in there I also replaced the serpentine belt since it is a cheap replacement. This was the first time I'd done anything beyond brakes and rotors to this TB. I tried to document the steps I took so that I could pass it on to some other DIY'er having the same issue. Below is the website I document things like this on. I hope it helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.diystew.com/2006-trailblazer/
  • rgbrownrgbrown Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 TB-LS EXT that I've installed a dual-band Yaesu FT8800 in. I originally used a MFJ glass mount dual band antenna. This worked ok until the 2m side went out of sight on swr meter. My biggest complaint with this antenna was it had very poor range. I have factory dark tinted back quarter glass not sure if that caused any performance issues with the antenna or not. I now have a diamond 9000 motorized mount with a dual band Diamond NMO antenna. As far as erratic operations from the Trailblazer's computers I've not had any while transmitting.

73's