Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Rainier, Chevy TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy

Comments

• sean48sean48 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks alot for posting this information. I'm within six weeks of making a new vehicle purchase, and kept hoping GM would become competitive with other makers by adding a DVD navigation system option to their 2003 Envoy. No such luck, so I've narrowed by choices to the 2003 Toyota 4Runner and the 2003 Volvo XC 90.

This Pioneer unit looks really great and seems to work wonderfully in the TrailBlazer. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills to install it myself if I bought the Envoy. The thought of having an independent retailer install it gives me nightmares...too many things to go wrong, including screwing up the integrated electronic systems in the Envoy.

The Envoy would be my first choice if only a DVD navigation system was offered. Too bad GM isn't competitive enough to give its potential customers this choice. (And, I'm giving up thousands of $$ in GM employee family and GM card discounts by going with a non-GM vehicle...but a navi system is a "cool, gotta have it" toy for me.)

Thanks again for posting this information. I just hope the optional systems in the 4Runner and XC 90 are half as nice as the Pioneer system is.
  • ron_mron_m Member Posts: 186
    It appears to me that roughly 50% of the triplet owners that post here are satisfied with their vehicles' quality, and the other 50% have had quite a few problems with their triplets. However, it also appears as though several of the 'satisfied' posters have STILL had a few problems with their triplets. This is very disappointing to me. I had extremely high hopes for the triplets' initial quality--even for introductory year vehicles. This perception was based on some fairly extensive reading that I did before the vehicles became available to the general public for purchase. All I read and heard was that GM had really done it up right this time.

I've said it on this forum before, and I'll say it again. I am very, VERY happy for the lucky folks that have had really good experiences with their triplets thus far. Unfortunately, I don't fall into that category. My 2002 LTZ TrailBlazer has generated a whole lot of unnecessary stress in my life. And yes, I am working diligently at exercising my state's Lemon Law policy. If I'm not successful in my quest for a 'buy back', GM has already agreed to giving me a warranty extension up to 100,000 miles due to all of the problems that I've experienced to date. I have to give them credit for that. They were good about this aspect of my situation with the TrailBlazer LTZ.

In summary, I will say that the triplets have LOADS of potential. But based upon my own personal experiences, along with the negative ones that I've read about on this forum from other owners of problematic triplets, I have to believe that GM really blew it on this one. When a company produces SUVs of poor quality roughly 50% of the time, that's not very good at all by my definition. But then again, maybe I'm expecting too much out of Detroit. Lastly, I will say that I FIRMLY believe that Ford and Daimler-Chrysler are no better than GM. This post most definitely is NOT intended to be a turgid diatribe against GM and its products when compared to Ford and Daimler-Chrysler. The post is basically intended to express my major disappointment in GM for MY particular TrailBlazer experience.

I wish the 'satisfied' owners continued luck with their triplets, and also best of luck to the 'unsatisfied' triplets owners. Hopefully we will all get the problems rectified without too much grief.

Regards,

Ron M.
  • 2k_impala_ls2k_impala_ls Member Posts: 311
    Check out my Trailblazer Website. I have photos and info for installing the step package and photo of the rear gasket. I would also like to put some photos of "townhall users rides". go to the site, email me a photo, .jpg format. under constuction

http://www.trailblazer.homestead.com
  • jmw4jmw4 Member Posts: 67
    I think you are right on in your views on this matter. Overall, I would probably fit into the slightly satisfied camp as it is a very nice SUV to drive. I have had about 6 trips to the dealer for minor issues in a year and a half. Yesterday I had another case of the fan noise/transmission delay in the morning followed by a 3 hour drive with the usual squeaky suspension. But it has always started, the engine has been great, and my AC has always worked. Relatively speaking compared to many posts, I am lucky. If they could ever build this without all the "bugs", it would be a great vehicle.
  • gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    I agree totally. Even those who like theirs have problems. Both people at work have problems. I like mine, but the problems are ridiculous (21 remember). I'm driving a Saturn
    as mine is in the shop over the weekend. This will
    bring me up to at least 24 days in the shop in the first 6 months. Getting close to the 30 days of the lemon law. I'm trying to get GM to buy it back, but now luck so far. Just he usual be patient, we want to help, etc. Overall, a miserable experience so far.

GAM
  • cwhawkcwhawk Member Posts: 38
    What procedures do I follow to request GM buy back my TB?
  • ficussficuss Member Posts: 541
    cw: GM refused to buy back my 2002 TB LTZ with a blown engine due to a loose cylinder sleeve. This was at 2160 miles on the odo. I think the only way they will even consider a buyback is if they are forced to due to your state lemon laws. So along that line, save all of your repair records and shoot for the 30 days out of service (days in service shop overnight, not counting weekends or holidays), or 3-4 repeat failures with the same component. Otherwise, I believe someday they will repair all of the problems, and we'll have the great car we were promised. People, myself included must realize that all cars will be this problematic once they become this technical. It is unavoidable. I still think they should come with a reset button. Read the previous posts from the beginning and you will see that many of the problems were repaired by reseting one or more of the computers.
    As for the number of problems each car has, a statistical bell curve would show a few cars will have no service problems, most cars will experience some problems, and an unfortunate few people will have cars with many problems. It's a roll of the dice that determines where you will be.

Frank
  • archdukerizzoarchdukerizzo Member Posts: 35
    I have a lemon law lawyer retained to handle my triplet issue. I'm shooting for a buyback since my vehicle has been back to the shop MULTIPLE times for the same mechanical problem that has never been fixed. I've had enough of all the other little problems that have caused me to take the vehicle back to a dealer MULTIPLE times in the last 8 months.
    I can't go into details per the lawyers request, so please don't ask.
    If anyone out there falls into their states lemon law guidelines, go talk to a lemon law lawyer. They should be FREE to the consumer since they get paid directly from the vehicle manufacturer upon settlement, and not from the consumer.
    I was told that these laywers don't take cases that they can't recover for since, under law, they are not allowed to bill the consumer.
    I guess a good place to start would be www.lemonlaw.com and see if there is a link for your state.
  • kenitzerkenitzer Member Posts: 19
    I'll add my $.02 worth. We have an 02 (Build Date 05/02) 2 WD TB EXT w/ sunroof purchased last weekend of June (Just hours before the GM Rebate jumped from $1750 to $2500) with around 6500 miles on it now. So far we are fairly happy with it. It has been back for service once for replacement of the windshield wiper motor which failed within the first 2 weeks of operation. The dealer service was not good. It took the tech 1 1/2 days to figure out that the motor had a bad module in it and needed to be replaced, and it was returned to us with a grease spot on the carpet and greasy / dirty fingerprints on the interior plastic. Other than that no problems. We average around 15 mpg running around town and around 21 mpg on the interstate. We have taken a couple long trips with no problem. My wife drives a 99 Honda CRV which has been an outstanding vehicle. The TB will have to continue on this relatively problem free path for it to someday equal the CRV.
  • 41564156 Member Posts: 31
    Those of you that have installed a K&N filter, have you noticed any benefit? How about additional intake noise? I believe the correct number is E-1009!
  • cmack4cmack4 Member Posts: 302
    I saw a little bit of an improvement when I did the K&N upgrade alone, but I think Tim will agree that you'll see much more of a gain with a Cold Air Intake. I modded my stock box almost exatly like Tim's, www.timlauro.com, except I only hollowed out the top of the front portion and cut out a portion of the front panel. I left both sides in tact, because I didn't want any air forced in through the front to escape.

After both changes, I've noticed a pretty nice boost in throttle response! Gas mileage has stayed about the same in city driving, and increased slightly (up about .3mpg) for highway.
  • giddens_johngiddens_john Member Posts: 77
    Before you go to the trouble of getting all the aftermarket goodies and having them installed I would like to mention the Garmin Street Pilot III. I did allot of research into navigation systems and I went with the Garmin Street Pilot III. I found it had many benefits on it's side. Most noteworthy was the fact that it's less expensive than all the DVD navigation systems, and portable so you have the ability to stick it in any vehicle you happen to be driving. I can attest to the fact that it works too. It gave me turn by turn direction by voice just like the DVD navigation systems from Houston, TX to Poulsbo, WA without a single hitch. Even specifics like where the nearest gas station or food stop was relative to where I was at. That's not even scratching the surface. It's like having mapquest or the like sitting on my dash for those unscheduled trips to the unknown. The only thing I can think of that it doesn't do that some of the DVD navigation systems do is voice recognition. I'll stop at this point because if I we're to start singing all it's praises here on the triplet forum I'd deviate too far from this forum's topic. Email me if you want me to delve into the subject further with you.
  • jack51pinejack51pine Member Posts: 18
    Have to chime in, I've read all 7400+ posts and agree there are problems with the triplets. My TB has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. I did have the rear license plate gasket installed and do have the occasional squeak going over bumps that needs to be addressed. I have 13000+ miles on it since Dec '01. I know six other triplet owners and none of them have had any major problems, sorry for those of you that have, I had an '87 pontiac 6000 from hell and I know what a pain it can be. This TB is a much better vehicle than my '95 Jimmy. As for the fan noise, ALL trucks have it, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, yes even Toyota. I heard a truck pull up behind me the other day with a very loud fan, it was a Toyota Tundra. The transmission shift problem is a differnt issue.
    To put things in perspective, a few years ago I bought an '86 Honda Accord from my neighbor. He told me what a great car it had been, and it was a decent running car. He gave me a folder with all the "maintenance" records over the 12 years he had it. During that time the Honda had more unscheduled repairs for brakes, suspension, emissions, etc. than my '93 Jeep GC, '95 Jimmy, '96 Stratus, and '02 TB combined.
  • lurker01lurker01 Member Posts: 103
    Not intending to start a US vs. Foreign battle, but here is something to consider:

My father was a market research manger for GM for many years. One thing he told me about the auto market was the way perceived quality affected sales for American, Japanese and German manufactures. This especially applied to US vs. Japan, since the German sales figures were not that high. As most of you know, import cars in the 70's were not of the best quality. But, as the gas crunch hit, people were looking for something more efficient. Detroit missed the boat on this and several foreign cars gained popularity. This gave them the $$ to improve quality, which they did. By the mid 80's, there was a real quality difference between a Toyota and a Ford, for example. However, Detroit finally woke up and focused more on the issue. Both by improving their own cars and starting joint operations with many foreign makers. By the early 90's there was not much in the way of difference in actual quality between Japanese and US makers. Also, many foreign makers were building their cars in the US and Canada. So, if you blame US workers for quality, remember where your Toyota is actually built!
    However, because of the reality of the 80's quality gap, the myth of foreign auto superiority has lived on. Take a Toyota owner who has had a whole slew of problems with their car and a Pontiac owner who has had only a handful and both will tell you that the Japanese make a better car. The reality is that the lines are so blurred, you don't really know what country the parts or design of a car comes from. For example, did you know that the auto trans in BMWs is made by GM?

The point is quality is now more brand recognition than reality. All auto companies make great cars and lousy ones. Personally, I prefer my Envoy over all the Toyotas, Hondas and Nissans I have ridden in. And that is good enough for me.
  • medolarkmedolark Member Posts: 93
    Yesterday after driving about 45 minutes on the freeway I parked my Envoy for about 45 minutes. When I got back in and started home, the AC would not blow cold air. I pulled over, shut the engine off and restarted and everything was fine.

I think I read about some others having similar problems, but rather than try to find the posts, I was hoping someone would refer me to answers about this.

My envoy has about 10000mi on it and this is only the second time this has happened. Always seems to occur on warm day and after the 45 minutes or so sitting around.
  • jhtjht Member Posts: 24
    I've got a Bravada - I'm pretty happy with it, but I'd have been even happier if the dealer I was bringing it to for service actually did anything worth a darn. I started taking it to the Chevy dealer (Hillcrest Chevy) here in town where I used to take my old Blazer, and they've been a huge service upgrade over the local Caddy/Olds dealership. I'm a lot happer now than I was a month ago (or for the year before that).

I think the biggest thing is that almost any car will have some sort of issues or glitches happen - mostly minor, but sometimes not. More so in the first year of production. That said, working with a good dealer will get the problems solved, and make the experience pleasant. The better the dealer, the better the car.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Nice post, Lurker01. Did I post this link here before?

What is an American car?

And agreed, a good dealer can make a huge difference.

Steve

Host

SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

• iexplore2000iexplore2000 Member Posts: 237
    Medolark,

Ironically enough, I experienced the NO AC issue once again yesterday as well. The temps in Michigan have been around 90 degrees for the past several days. Unfortunatly I was on the freeway, so I just rolled down the windows and drove reaaallly fast to keep cool.

At this point in time, my servicing dealership told me that this was a known problem with GM and they are working on a fix? Have any of you heard otherwise? I do know that we are almost out of the summer season, so my biggest concern deals with WHEN a possible fix will be implemented?

Thanks!

IExplore2000@aol.com
    Would you believe it happened to me today. It is 90 in Albany, NY today and I drove about 2 miles with the a/c blowing cold on my way to lunch. When I drove home it was blowing hot air. I have a call into the dealer (stupid voice mail).
    I remember reading some posts from someone in Texas that had this problem and I think it had to do with the heat causing some pressure switch to shut down the a/c or they took some R134 out. I am going to try and find it. I just filled out my survey after this happened, I am glad I waited.
    POST # 7345 .
    During the trip the a/c went out 3 times. each time it would work the next day.......
    This time the service mgr. took it for a drive and the a/c failed for him, so i guess they finally believed me. they finally called the tech line and GM told them that the refrigerant they were using actually expands in high heat (it has routinely been over 110 this summer). the expansion causes the pressure to get high enough to shut off the a/c. they suggested putting in 1/2 lb. less of the coolant. the service report says they recharged the system with 1.4 lbs.
    This past weekend we drove down to Phoenix. a 620 mile round trip. the temps were over 105 the whole time. i am happy to report that we had no problems with the a/c.
    I hope the solution to the a/c problem is that simple. Except for the a/c problem, i really enjoy driving this car.

POST # 7395
    I stated earlier, Tuesday, Our A/C went out. (just warm air)
    U1000 was the code Onstar read while it was out. Dealer said that several A/C systems were over charged. They should have been at 2.8 instead of the 3.0. Also, GM is having trouble with the "lift gate module." They want to replace mine. They think this maybe the cause to fussy A/C units
  • gam2gam2 Member Posts: 316
    Steve,

I have to laugh at this domestic/import thing.
    A guy at work had a made in Canada Monte Carlo that he called a domestic. My made in Indiana Subaru, and my dad's made in the U.S. Camry were foreign imports. When it came down to it, the ONLY reason that he could come up with to defend his position was that the profits for his car stayed with an American company (of which he had no stock in).

As far as perceived/real quality issues, based on my experiences with 2 domestic vehicles vs. 4 imports, there is no comparision. The 2 domestics accounted for 80% of my problems even though I had 10 times the mileage on the imports!

FYI, my Bravada has been in the dealer another 6 days, still waiting for parts.AAARRGGHH!!!

GAM
  • jurassic3kjurassic3k Member Posts: 13
    Does anyone know if its possible to adjust the front bumper up for a better looking fit? Mine must have a 1 inch gap. Also does anyone know if the non bose 6 disk cd has a separate amp in the back?
  • tblazer503tblazer503 Member Posts: 620
    =o( kinda annoying... had the light pop up on me today... noticed it about 2 min after I took off after my dentist appointment... So when I got home, the xfer case shifted into A4WD, 4HI, 4LO, AND Neutral... checked everything else... all looked fine... restarted engine, nothing. hmmmmm. I guess I'll just talk to GM about it... let you all know what they come up with.. Probably nothing since the light went away so im guessing no code... =o(
    for finding the ac posts. I remember the excess refrigerant thing now.

Since I drove mine hard and steady all summer in a lot of heat and never had a problem, I'm not sure I want anybody tinkering with it. So far it has only happened twice and there was a lot of time and mileage in between.
  • dragonhead08dragonhead08 Member Posts: 34
    not to freak you out but thats how my problem started out too. After a few weeks 4wd,abs, and e brake light came on and STAYED on. On top of that the blower fan stopped working completely. It took em two days but they traced it back to a bad ignition switch. It was putting out too much resistance and was sending feedback to the bus. They reaplaced it and fingers crossed seems to be holding up.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Show us how good these rigs are off-road! Can they compare to a Forester? Explorer? Trooper? Montero? Come on down to the Pine Barrens of NJ. Check out http://isuzu-suvs.com/events/pb-09-21-02/index.html for details. It's a very tame/beginner trailride. All are welcome to come on down and join the fun and get your SUVs dirty!

-mike

• blrmkrblrmkr Member Posts: 40
    I posted "Service 4WD" posts earlier, but the following is a summary of fixes that has made my light stay off for a few thousand miles now:

1. Replaced 4WD selector switch
    2. Repaired chaffed wire in circuit #1296 that was grounding to chassis intermittently
    3. Replaced ignition switch due to the mulitple failures of ABS, 4WD, no A/C, etc.

I hope this helps.
  • tblazedtblazed Member Posts: 945
    Sure would like to know, of all these reports of intermittent A/C failures, specifically which A/C units are failing- the Auto climate control or the manual systems. No one seems to ever mention that little detail. Reason is, I have the manual system and 99% of the time it works great, but certain times like after the TB has cooked in the sun all day and the interior temp is approaching 125° it will cut out cooling for maybe a minute after I start up and begin driving (fan still blowing, set on 3 usually), then resume cooling down 'til the center duct is blowing 45-49° air. Maybe I have a borderline overcharged condition. Would like to be able to sort out possible electronic temp control problems (which would not apply to mine) from a basic slightly overcharged system.
  • babyshoesbabyshoes Member Posts: 23
    I have the Auto Climate control unit. only once did it stop blowing cold.
  • dragonhead08dragonhead08 Member Posts: 34
    "3. Replaced ignition switch due to the mulitple failures of ABS, 4WD, no A/C, etc."

Thays exactly what happened to mine. I have the manual system. Before the switch went bad my ac worked flawlessly.
    I have the auto climate control. I have two instances of failure to blow cold. both were after unit had been used for about 45 minutes on warm day and then allowed to sit for about 45 min. both were "cured" by engine shutdown and restart.

Seems to me that a failure while the unit is in service might be a different phenomenon. I also think I remember that someone reported a "low (or high) pressure cutout switch being the cause. An intermittent switch type failure would seem to fit my circumstances better than excess refrigerant, because it always goes away when you shut down and restart.
  • paulpropaulpro Member Posts: 56
    Jurassic3k asked about the Bose CD. It does have a separate amp, located behind the panel behind the right rear door.
  • kramnamtilkramnamtil Member Posts: 4
    I have a 2002 TB EXT LT (with manual AC temp). This is a recap of some of the issues I have had:

1) Service 4WD Light: When the TV/DVD player was installed they cross-wired the ACC 12v with the full-time 12 volts. This caused the vehicle to "diesel" or run-on. All the dash lights flickered quite a bit while the run-on was happening. After this, the "Service 4WD" came on and stayed on for a while. The dealer found diagnostic codes logged but was not able to duplicate the problem. We wrote it off as being part of the miss-wire.

2) 4WD: I would look down at the selector switch and notice that it was in the 2HI position but the indicator light would either be A4WD or 4HI. This one happened after the miss-wire listed in 1. This was fixed by replacing the 4WD Selector switch. I did not have the multi-failure indicated in some of the other posts.

3) AC: I live in Phoenix and have not been happy with the AC issues. My dealer did some kind of "pressure switch splice" as he called it and reduced the charge a bit. It is better but there are many times when the vehicle is heat-soaked that the AC doesn't start working for a while. The service manager says he has done all he can do. I plan to place a complaint call with the Chevy Customer Assistance Center.

4) My fuel ecomony SUCKS (12-14 MPG). My 1990 Suburban did 14 MPG). I did some initial complaining but have not been able to push the issue yet because I have been towing my trailer up the big hill (to Flagstaff) every weekend and haven't calculated the MPG without the trailer tow part recently. I was also more concerned with getting the other stuff fixed.

Hope this helps people.
    Any more advice on fuel economy would be nice!!
    It happened after i drove with the a/c on and working fine and then parked for about an hour, no a/c on the ride home. it was over 90 degrees outside. I did not try the shutdown and restart, if it happens again I will try. I let the truck sit for a few hours after I got home and it worked fine. I think it has to do with the high temps and presuure issues
    I just placed my order with summit racing for my k & n filter and husky liners floor mats, front and back. The filter was $54.99 and the liners were $56.99 front and $56.99 back, cheapest I found anywhere and free shipping and no tax, the only charge is $7.95 handling. I also ordered the McGard locking lugnuts. http://summitracing.com/

I will have pictures and part #'s on my website.
  • polarbear6polarbear6 Member Posts: 16
    Our problems are listed on post 6902.

We have the auto A/C and "knock on wood" have not had another incident since they recharged the unit. I hope I did not jinks it. We are expecting a cool down tonight after our 85th straight 80 degree or above day in a row with 35 days above 90. This is Indiana. Our rear A/C control is suppose to be replaced, but the right unit still has not come in. (Post 7211). I did have to replace a tire due to road hazard. The inside side wall was punctured. Not off road, just Delaware County roads in Indiana. After hearing it was not a warranty issue I took it elsewhere for replacement.

Still have the vibration issues at 57-60 mph.
    Have you had the tires re-balanced and what is yout tire pressure. I run 35 psi, it calls for 32 but my old blazer used 35 psi and the tires wore better and so far I like it. When I picked up my TB, the tires had 40 psi, it rode alittle bouncy.
  • tlaurotlauro Member Posts: 504
    As I get ready to retire for the evening, I can't help as many of you all I'm sure, but shed a tear for the many lives that were lost the day our world changed.

With all the good and all the bad and fun we share here regarding our vehicles, life gave us all a reality check just one year ago.

Pet your dog, hug your kids, thank a fireman or even kiss your SUV goodnight tonight, but take a moment of silence sometime Wednesday for those so dearly missed.

I found this slideshow on the web back then in a photography forum I visit and while it is 7mb in size, it's well worth the wait. Thanks to the author who's credits appear at the end.

http://timlauro.com/911-Tribute/tribute-to-911.htm

tim

http://timlauro.com/

• minn_tbminn_tb Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know if there is an easy way to connect an auxiliary audio (line out/line in) to the stereo? Just curios before I start digging around looking in there...

thanks in advance.

Brendan
  • archdukerizzoarchdukerizzo Member Posts: 35
    I have a PDF of the pinouts for this head unit.
    if you want it email me.
    enkrypted at hotmail dot com
  • blrmkrblrmkr Member Posts: 40
    Does anyone have a part number for the wiper blades?. I'd like to find out how much they cost a gmpartsdirect.com and/or dealer before I go to Autozone and buy the best aftermarket wiper blades they have on the shelf.
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    Those of you that are posting complaints about your fuel economy - what are your axle ratios? 3.42, 3.73, & 4.10 are available.
    Mine is 3.73. I am unclear on the different ratios and what they mean to fuel economy vs. towing capacity.
  • scottc454scottc454 Member Posts: 356
    The ratio is the number of times the driveshaft turns to the number of times the wheels move.
    A higher number means the engine is geared lower so it is better for towing and will accelerate quicker off the line.

The penalty for a higher ratio is that the engine will be revving higher during highway cruising. That is less efficent leading to worse gas mileage.

Hoever, I would think that the speed you drive on the highway is a more important factor in gas mileage than the gears you have. Being that SUV's aren't very aerodynamic, if you drive 80mph you're not going to get good has mileage period.
  • cmack4cmack4 Member Posts: 302
    Actually, I've found you'll see much more of a gas mileage hit if you drive in a lot of stop and go traffic and are a leadfoot off the line, since it takes a lot more oomph to get a heavy vehicle moving. I can routinely get 19-21mpg on the highway at 80mph, but around town I've gotten as low as 13.5mpg. My combined total with about 3/4 of my driving being city is roughly 16mpg. That's with the 3.73.
    All the TSBs and advisories talk in terms of what month the vehicle was made. I don't remember seeing that listed anywhere.

I know it is probably staring me in the face but would someone mind telling me. Thanks!
  • tblazedtblazed Member Posts: 945
    Look on the label on the drivers door above the door latch mechanism. It's there on the upper right corner of that label.
  • tblazer503tblazer503 Member Posts: 620
    I would have to agree with tim, and I have taken a few moments to remember those who passed on this day a year ago. I will always remember it as long as I own my SUV because I bought it the day before. =o( Then the rebates, 0% and everything else came out. Oh, well prices went up too, still think I got a good deal... =o) BTW, I talked to my service advisor yesterday, and he said that its "usually" the 4wd selector switch going bad... huh? I was like "what the *%*#$ do you mean "usually"?????!!" oh, here's the thing, it rarely happens... WHAT?!?!?! how can something that rarely happens have a usual cause? sounds kinda like an oxymoron... arrggh. well, anyways, since the code was gone when I restarted, he says to sit tight and drive the beast over there with the light on so they can read the DTC from the ECU. It really frustrates me when a "rare" problem comes up that has a 10min solution.... if its a rare problem that has a usual source, maybe they should just improve on that usual source and fix the problem all together... ho hum, job security at its finest I guess...
  • lildmclildmc Member Posts: 1
    K&N just came out with an aircharger kit for the TB. Has anybody heard anything about it? Is it street legal?
  • envoy2002envoy2002 Member Posts: 26
    Many posts back I and a few others commented on the wind shear noise that seemed to when driving at freeway speeds and a strong crosswind occurs. Well, today I was driving on the freeway with all four of my windows down about 3 inches with gusty crosswinds blowing and heard that startling noise from my driver side door. Sooo, I guess it isn't coming from the door/window seal, but sounded more like from the door hinge area. Just thought I'd post this.