Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pickup Truck Owners: Don't you hate it when...

mblrdsmblrds Member Posts: 41
Saw a topic like this over on Pickup.com and thought I bring it over here.

Let's hear what really ticks you off when you're motoring down the road minding your own business.

M.

'00 GMC Sierra SLT Ext cab Z71 w/5.3
Tagged:

Comments

• 2k1trd2k1trd Member Posts: 301
    When the guy or girl in front of you turns the directional on as they are making the turn!

01 Tacoma TRD Supercharged
  • mblrdsmblrds Member Posts: 41
    You're on a on-ramp with a car ahead of you and the car in front is chicken to merge with the traffic so they slow way the hell down, even stop at the end of the ramp with you stuck behind them?
    M.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    How's about when they signal right and turn left?
    ...when somebody drives into your mailbox and drives off as if nothing happened?
    M.
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    Was that yours i hit?

Ryan
  • martink98martink98 Member Posts: 6
    Long exit ramps but people begin to slow down on the freeway. Get off the freeway then slow down and stop. Don't make me have to slow down also.
  • greg116greg116 Member Posts: 116
    Old guys who keep their signals on for miles on end! Saw an old couple in an early-80's Camaro, changed lanes and didn't kill his signal for SIXTEEN MINUTES!

I timed him only because I had a long drive ahead of me and very little else to do.

Also find I have to repeatedly remind my grandpa when he leaves his signal on. Scary to think what he does when I'm not there...
    It's not because he can't see it. It's because he can't hear the freakin thing...LMAO!!
    it wasn't you who hit my mailbox but rather a neighbor that lives up the road. He was on his way out one day when he swiped it with the side of his truck. Practically tore the thing off it's post, but didn't. He stopped and got out to take a look and kind of straightened the box up as well as reshape it. Got back in his truck (wouldn't you know it, it was a F*rd (cuss word)), and continued on his merry way. The missus was watching all this thru the window. Came out to the shop to tell me about it and I went to take a look. The mailbox was barely hanging on the post. If the mailman of came along, he would of jerked the box right off trying to pop the door open. Had to fix it. When the neighbor was on his way back up the road, I stared him down. He ignored me.
    M.
  • amoraamora Member Posts: 204
    cut me off without using signal lites. Reminds me when I was in grammer school and the big bullys would butt in line. Only this time they are weaky squeaky people in bumblebee cars or even full size monsters that cut in front.....almost had my
    butt run off the road by a SOCCER mom in her mini van
    loaded with kids....hard to control ROAD RAGE (another topic)....perhaps speeding up to overtake offender and
    then emptying windshield wiper washer fluid on his shiny
    new vehicle may bring soul satisfaction, watch out for the
    gun bearers. the pistol whippers will get you everytime...
  • amoraamora Member Posts: 204
    "PICK-UP DRIVERS WHO GET PROVOKED BY THE FOLLOWING"
  • redsilveradoredsilverado Member Posts: 1,000
    tells me that someone is doing their job.
    new title recomendation looks good to me.

since it's here though here is my .02's.

what really erks me is when someone is in the lefthand lane of a three lane and all of a sudden decides that it's time to make a righthand turn and cuts everyone off doing it. shows me that DMV really is doing a great job when it comes to handing a out License to kill.

red
  • pocahontaspocahontas Member Posts: 802
    especially the participant (mblrds) that started this discussion. He may want to keep the words "hate it" in the title. Just a thought. Okay?

Also, so we don't take the discussion off topic, feel free to email me pocahontas@edmunds.com with suggestions for a new title. Talk later. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
  • mgdvhmanmgdvhman Member Posts: 4,157
    we have all the pick-em-up drivers here...so what does it matter?

Tell the superiors to lighten up......I mean come on!

....what bothers me.....hmmmmmmm

When people actually go 35 in a 35 instead of 50 like they should be......or when people actually go 55 on the highway in a 55..instead of 80 like they should be.....uhhh...Guys with Blue Chevy's and Black flares...LOL....uhhh....The idiot who goes 45 on the highway in front of you....then when you pass...speeds up to 80 and passes you....gets in front....then goes back down to 45...or better yet....the one that the car goes in whatever direction they are looking to or pointing to....

Why can't all drivers be perfect like us?

- Tim
    go 80 in a 55 zone but can't seem to come up with a lousy bar drawing.

-
    red
    Tim blue with black flares is BEAUTIFUL.

Why does everyone diss it?

Ryan
    ..Beautiful?.....uhhh....I ain't driving nuttin' that's beautiful....bad [non-permissible content removed] yeah...

is it pretty too Ryan?

LOL

Drawings when I get home Red.....busy last night

- Tim
    the shortened or abbreviated name for our hostess is Poca....Pocho is short for one of Portugese ancestry. Often also an abbreviation for one who continues to babble.....Pocho that is.
    and change the name if it means being able to keep it in Pickups Bout the only views I'm interested in are from other truck owners. Can't really come up with a new topic title that's catchy, so, any input, guys?
    m.
    Are we out of things to hate...? ;-)

Hi mdhvman- The reason we've created different message boards, it to help organize the discussions/subjects throughout in Town Hall. It may seem uptight to want to keep thing is their proper category; but in the long run, it does help participants to find the information they need.

For example, if someone put's the words "pickups" or "truck" into the Board Search, it would be nice for them to find this discussion. And that won't happen unless one of those words is in the title.

Btw, I hate it when I'm in driving through a parking lot, and someone in front of me blocks the lane... while they're waiting for a car to pull out. ;-)

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
    I know! Lets change it to "Provoking Pickup Truck People Past the Point of Pleasantries"? Or is it a little too much?:-b
    M.
  • 2k1trd2k1trd Member Posts: 301
    People at the toll booth wait for the light to turn green before taking off.
    in front of you. Tempted to press the gas rather than the brakes.
    Pickup Truck People??? What are we different from anyone else?

I hate it when people try to fix things that arent broken

Ryan
    ...the ELITE!!! Everyboy else are wannabes. How else can you explain Subaru drivers of yesteryear driving Subarus that's been shot up with steroids, otherwise known as SUV's. Granted, Pickup Truck People does sound weird, how about just changing it to Pickup Owners, Pocahontas?

Back to the topic.
    Doesn't it rub your fur the wrong way when you're tooting through town and the car in front of you swerve way over to the left to make a right turn as if they're pulling a 30' trailer.
    M.
  • scootter31scootter31 Member Posts: 31
    Fixing things that arn't broken?

Black flares on a blue truck?
    Towls on the rear floorbord?
    Big [non-permissible content removed] tires?
    Having to reprogram for the BA tires?
    yda yda yda...

Now mailboxes, they may need a little fixing up! LOL

just
    Scott
    "DELETED" gosh poca, does "fun" even relate to town hall meetings? it used to in the old days.
    -
    red
    runs out in front of your truck, and you run over her because she was late for a rehearsel.
    -
    red
    Didn't you know that this is not supposed to be fun. Trucks are serious business. Ask Ryan. If you want to have fun you gotta buy an SUV an join the bunch over at the SUV forum where Meredith presides over. Now there's a fun bunch.....LMAO!!
    I hate cheap shots below the belt

Ryan
    oh yea i hate people who live in warmer climates that feel its their job to rub in how nice the weatehr is

Ryan
    for awhile.....come back....only to find out that your freedom of speech right is being violated.
    yeah oby i know what you mean...you can say "LMFAO" here and does'nt get zapped, but everthing else as we normally relate to in conversation does. kinda pointless if you ask me. BTW last time i checked, we were still a free country right?

red
    -
    and does'nt tell us who said it?

-
    red
    will probably get axed cause they don't include anything about trucks....even though the topic title does'nt have anything to do with trucks anyway?
    -
    red
    bar installer doesn't review your drawings and only talks about Ryan..

LOL

Did ya get 'em?

- Tim
    When someone plays around with something and screws it all up
    takes what seems to be eternity to sketch out a few drawings....then expects you do jump right on it?

-
    red
    have been posting is either gonna get you in trouble or, post deleted. sorta like waiting in your room to see what kinda punishment Dad is gonna give you for running over that young aspiring actress.

-
    red
    Tim give red some slack he has a new toy to play with

Ryan
    bar installer is just as much as a wise [non-permissible content removed] as yourself!
    DOHH!
    LOL

...take time......we got plenty...just razzin' ya....now Ryan...it's all meant to be serious..LOL

- Tim
    little injuns that are restless....and it's some young aspiring actress that's causing all this.

-
    red
    ...That's gonna leave a mark...

- Tim
    Run out of annoying things on the road to complain about? And now you're picking on me.... Oh well. I hate it when participants complain when I'm just trying to do my job! ;-)

P.S.: Now that we've gotten all that off our chests..., can we end the group therapy? Off topic messages in the discussion, including this one, will soon be deleted.

Pocahontas
    Host
    Pickups Message Board
    just pleeeez try and understand that pickup truck owners have a certain way of responding to each other and try to go with the flo on some stuff.
    now knifing in the back, or name calling is'nt needed, but sometimes we say things that may seem unrelated, but if allowed a little time, they're usually is something said later in the day that puts it all back into perspective.
    -
    red
    it's all in fun right?

what's the matter with being...uhh...what's that word...oh yeah..HUMAN?

someone out there looking on the web isn't going to be turned away from Edmunds.com by some fun....if anything they will want to come back...

set up a space for nothing but crud....wait a minute..we already got one:
    http://www.teleweb.net/mgdvhman/

Oh well.....it's not personal attacks against you poco....it's just us being us.......you do have fun right?

Edmunds seems to be like a dictatorship to work for I guess?

back to ...uhh.....those large car things....

- Tim
  • eharri3eharri3 Member Posts: 640
    think im a sufferer from road rage... i can think of lots of things to put here... to name a few...

people who sit in the left lane all day...
    people who sit in the left lane all day but speed up when i go for a pass on the right...
    people who don't know that a car slows down going uphill and speeds up going downhill so the amount of gas you give will have to be adjusted accordingly...
    people who think it is the most important task of their whole lives to swing out into traffic in front of me but who dont think its so important to accelerate after they have done so so I don't have to slow down...
    people who don't bother to replace burned out brake or headlight lamps...
    people who don't understand why I get angry when I look back and their car is close enough behind mine that I can read the buttons on the cell phone they are invariably gabbing away on...
    did I mention cell phones?
    ....turn the lights on...they see tail lights....think it's brakes...slam on theirs and look dumb while you cruise along...

or just mash the brakes and watch then drop the phone and scream for mommy

- Tim
    Now yer talkin. Did both. first one's a lot safer....well for you anyway.
    with the old truck...aka younger me too...

never got hit..(could swear i was gonna though)..but I sure did back them off!

- Tim
  • z71billz71bill Member Posts: 1,986
    Someone passes me just in time to slam the brakes on and make a right turn. Hate it more when they do this and creep to almost a dead stop while making the turn - if they are in such a big [non-permissible content removed] hurry why not take the corner faster?

Also hate it when people swing halfway into the left lane when the are making a right turn. Like they are such poor drivers they don't want to hit the curb with their back tire.
This discussion has been closed.