Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    of the pdf confirms what splatt says...PS2
    I sure would!!! Hey, if someone here wants to become a zaino distributor I'm sure we could all push some business your way. ;)
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    Thanks for the code, I'm sure that's it. PS2 sounds right.

WHat size are thw wipers? Also what size are the bigger sizes. I think it waS A 24" & 28"??
  • herrmdoggherrmdogg Member Posts: 69
    Thanx for the links on the rotors ... do you have any pics of yours on your M?

http://members.cardomain.com/herrmdogg

HerrmDogg

you building an M from scratch?

The drivers side are 24, passenger side is 22
    If anyone bookmarked the color code PDF that I posted about a month ago please give me the link so I can put it on my 300m information page.

Thanks
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    Those of you who have bored your TBs, did you remove the throttle plate, shaft, and sensor? If so, how did you remove the throttle plate screws? Did you reuse the screws, and if not, what did you use in their place? I'll probably need to tap in threads for the next size dia. screw, use Locktite blue, and pound the end like a rivet to make sure those suckers stay tight.
    Sorry man, I had them. I must have deleted them from photopoint, I'll look at my backup pic CD tonight.
  • rstilprstilp Member Posts: 105
    Price on the Tireminder was $19.95 for a set of 4-28#to34# caps. I got hosed because I bought them through the Brookstone catalog of hard to find tools and paid a $7.25 shipping chg.Now on their web page they say they are at Target, Auto Zone & Pep Boys.What a maroon!! Live & LearnRick/Geezer300M
  • splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    did you get my packet out yet? Or are you still looking at me as a traitor :-D

Did you tornado yet? ;)
  • avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    got the Sony DCR-TRV900 digital video camera. pc card slot with 128mb mem stick. pictures are surprisingly nice. here is one....

imageimage

here are some new pics...

http://frealfso.frostburg.edu/cs1101f00/janjuao/300/LOWERED/

• drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    Your membership package (member #186, BTW..) is going out tomorrow morning, so keep yer shorts on, pally boy.....or in New Jersey is pronounced shawts..... :-}
    the Doctor
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Target Stores no longer carry them, they got clearanced out for $2 a pack, awhile back.
    Your car and mine looked almost the same, it seems (at least a few days ago). Are you still going to have the AC ducts on eather side of the monitor, and what about the clock? I agree with you that the motorized units hide the controls. I am waiting to get a am/fm/dvd player to replace my stock radio/cd unit then the motorized screen will only hide the climite controls (which I never touch anyway).
    Are you going to replace the rest of the faux wood trim with alumin.?
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    what do you think of this as your next car?

http://www.km77.com/marcas/mazda/6_02/galeria.asp

It looks pretty good. But what is the drive train and interior room like?????
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    YouDaMan!
    the interior is all fiberglass, being made and molded right now. no more aluminum or wood crap. all fiberglass, and painted. whatever color chromalusion i use on teh outside, i'll the the reverse on the inside. the back is one huge enclosure as well, all glass.

there will still be ducts for the vents. so you still get plenty of air. the clock i can mount again but dont care to. i'll mount it somewhere else if i begin to miss it that much. maybe mold it in the shiftboot, or on the side panel, door panel, whatever flows...
    Nice, but not my taste.
    Nice job. Looks really fast, too bad it's not. I'm sure with all that weight of the rims/tires, it doesn't get up & go like it did. How many miles you have on that? Do you think it's wise to spend all the time & money on doing this stuff to the M, when that M may die at any time? Or get smashed again? Or stolen? I'm not saying it's wrong or anything it does look good, & I'm sure your happy with what you doing, I just can't see doing all that to the $30K car.
  • herrmdoggherrmdogg Member Posts: 69
    Nice pics AVA but man look at all that mud in your wheel well ... you should be ashamed !!! LOL JK !!! Sorry, I just had to give you some $#!+

http://members.cardomain.com/herrmdogg

HerrmDogg

• drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    SPLATT

As of 5:35am this morning, your custom-printed and professionally designed membership card, Certificate of Membership, wipercard sheet (and accompanying explanation of what to do with them) and window sticker/clingy began their journey to your home.

Have a nice day!

Doc
  • splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    :-D in bold even so I wouldn't miss it...

I was just playing - but thank you for getting it out. I should get it quick since I'm only a state over, and on the east side of it at that ;) But then again, with the us postal, it could take a month to get from NJ to Philly....
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    hope you have wheel locks on them nice shiny chromies---and you should inform your insurance company of the upgrades you are doing---when are you getting the viper alarm?
    all you need now is a nice V8 so the bite is as bad as it's bark! :)
    What part of philly? I grew up there (well, some say I haven't grown up at all) ;)
    ahahahha, yea man i know it was nasty i was ashamed. but hey its cleanign time now so i gotta get up under there.
    jason why do you always put down everything. i'm looking for critism but not of that sort. some critiques, not just straight out bashing. "Looks really fast, too bad it's not" i didnt build it to be fast, i didnt buy the car to be fast. if you want a fast car dont get a 4 dr that weighs 3600lbs out the factory. thats called....dumb?
    so stop whining about the speed factor already. do i think its wise to do all this...hmm...wise has nothing to do with it. i'm 18, you gotta remember that, this is what i like to do for fun. its a shame that youth is wasted on the young but...you need some
  • rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    are now available. Look for the link on the Home page (www.300mclub.org) or go to the Members Only section.

The cost is $12.50 for each cap, $3.50 Priority Mail shipping/handling for the first cap, $1.50 for each additional cap.
    I'm not bashing you! I'm not putting you down, or anything with the M. I'm only expressing an opinion on what you have posted. You have posted things on the board about your car, & what you have done to it. You should expect not everyone is going to agree, or like it. I DO like it. It looks VERY good. I simply meant that yes it looks fast, & mean, but because of the way the M was engineered, & the extra weight in tires/rims it is not. I am only 25 btw. It's sad I didn't get my first car until I was 21, & that was a junker. So I didn't get to "have fun" doing stuff to cars. I did that with the M, & decided to stop because the M was just not that kind of car to me. And since I spent $31K on it, I want it to last a long time if I decide to keep it that long.
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    My '99 M turned 29,000 miles yesterday on my way back from a quick biz trip to New Hampster. I'll do the 30k service soon at which time I'll have them investigate the "light show" (body control module?) and cd player skipping. So, to summarize, I've had the following (known for '99s) issues:

Window motors replaced (2)
    Speed sensor module for tranny (limp mode)
    Light show (body control module)
    CD player skipping (unique to my M?)

I spoke to a guy I work with who has a 2000 M with 24,000 miles. He has had no problems! This just confirms my belief (which I ignored in buying the M. Hey, I'm a gambler, right Fastdriver!) that one should never buy a domestic first model year auto.
    That said, the M is still a great car and a great value!
    7000 miles to end of warranty and counting...

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

I think that logic applies to both foreign and domestic cars. I bought an 85 Subaru XT coupe when that little wedge shaped sucker first came out. Ohmygod were there problems. The internal exhaust tube rusted and rattled around inside the external tube after only 10k miles. Several sensors failed which debilitated the car. The horn(s) stopped working, the ONE BIG WIPER failed within 15k miles. My GF at the time got the first year Grand Am. Just as bad. :)
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,726
    I bought a brand new, screamin' red, Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo, first model year. 3 years and 45,000 miles, not a problem to report. I was impressed, especially since it was a turbo. What a fun car! Then bought an Acura Integra, most solidly screwed together car I've yet owned ('95 Dodge Intrepid, nice car, but build quality? Nope. Worst build quality, but not awful.)
    sdmike, you're right. Any car can be a lemon. I just believe that the likelihood of getting a loser is increased significantly by buying a first year domestic (especially a GM!). I think moreso than foreign automakers, Detroit uses us as "test" drivers to reveal flaws. Just MHO, of course.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• cmyers300mcmyers300m Member Posts: 206
    Fast or not, your M is the best looking I've seen. The hood scoop is the clincher in my book. In reality, anyone you come across on the street that doesn't know you probably wouldn't take you on because it looks so fast! Keep the mods coming, I only wish I had the time/money to do it too.
  • mikeypmikeyp Member Posts: 32
    Hey M'ers..

I have a little ugly problem..It seems that my 01 M has some ruston the inside of my chrome rims..looks like it's on the rotor assembly..(Where the wheels bolt on)..it's really ugly...I live in Northern California, so the weather isn't a problem..

My dealer says that it's normal..they could replace the entire deal, but that it would just come back..

Anybody else have the same problem..and did you get it fixed..

Avalanche..have you thought about doing a custom grill, to remove the badge on the front grill to clean it up?..does anybody know of an aftermarket grill so that there would be no "chrysler symbols" on my M..just the 300 logo on the side!
    whatever...
    yes! i was working on it but it seems the grille is attached to the bumper, as one piece not a bolt off. so i wont be able to make'em. and they would be so cheap too if i could. i'll do mine later on, it will involve some hacking..
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    Does anyone know how large the hole in the intake manifold that the TB attaches to? Is the hole for the idle bypass a separate hole?
  • bobhex40bobhex40 Member Posts: 63
    Mine were so bad that the wheels would not come off the hubs (drove with the lugs loose to free up the wheels). I have since pulled the wheels and covered the hubs with wheel bearing grease. I had one rim replaced because the inside was so corroded that I was concerned about safety. Imagine having a flat and you cant remove the wheel.
    Are you sure that it's attached to the bumper? The reason I ask..I had some discoloring going on with grill..(the light gray was fading to white in spots) and I took it to the dealer and they replaced the thing.I know that they didn't replace the entire bumber..the chrome around the grill and the grill itself was replaced..Should I ask them how they did it?

Thanks..
    When you put the wheel grease on, did that by chance remove the rust?
  • drive_a_300mdrive_a_300m Member Posts: 11
    Sorry - I know I don't post much - and when I do I may tend to pi$$ some people off, but that is my charm.. Come on - AV has done some REALLY cool mods to his car - and we ALL know that.. When I read the first post (fuzzy) I THOUGHT YOU WERE PUTTING HIM DOWN AS WELL.. It is all in how you read these posts.. Remember - reading it - we cannot tell the tone in which it was typed. Now for the age remark - well, I am 30, and I am trying to trick out my 01' as much as I can - I don't have alot of $$ or time, and really lack the talent - that's what I am here for.. To get ideas on other rides.. We shouldn't say anything about "wish I had this.." and "wish I had that.." cause we all have "one hell of a ride" in the 300M!! I guess the best thing to do here, and I know that nobody will listen.. but - IMHO - if you like some of the MODS - then BRAG as much as you can.. If you don;t like it - then just don't make any off-handed remarks.. Also - YEAH - the hood scoop is my FAVORITE part - that's why I have already contacted AV about getting me one of his hoods!! Like I said - for what it's worth - I really like the mods.. And would never down anyone for trying - no matter how UGLY the mod was.. l8r!
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Avalanche, man love what you have done.You have 1 sweet ride. I sure hope you will be able to make it to the plant get together next year. I really want to see you and that car in person. Also we just found out that OCT 29 is another lay off week for us. Maybe when we start building Specials and Cop Cars things will get better. I HOPE.
  • drive_a_300mdrive_a_300m Member Posts: 11
    FOr those interested.. Here is another one of those tornado air intake thingies....

http://www.spiralmax.com

whatever......
  • silverbeesilverbee Member Posts: 22
    great looking car keep the mods coming all it has to do is look fast that's half the battle and your's looks fast.Do what you want when your young man might never get the chance again.That thing has got to look really good in person
    otto, what kind of cars are going to be tricked out as cop cars? What engine are you dropping in there?

Av - Your car looks awesome! Keep it up. I love seeing the M transformed. In fact, unless someone posted pictures of their duals I would have never considered it. It's nice to have folks out there willing to take some chances and share the experience. Having said that though, considering what I use my car for and the cost (and possibly my age) it's not something that I would do. ;)
    I especially love the hand sketched installation guide. hahaha. I think one of those devices said "pepsi" on the side. ;)
    I see that you have alot to say!