Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    where can you read details of the TSB's on that list--- I would like to know more about #2---airbag trim cover on drivers side--is that concerning fading of the material--mine looks a little faded---

also #5---ac operation intermittent---mine seems sometimes to come on when heat is actually required

also the window sticking problem---has anyone had the window gaskets actually replaced to correct this problem--what does the TSB say about this

Easyrider300M
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    are now installed, along with new Porterfield pads. Fronts only. I'll post a review in a week or so; breaking them in.

http://public.fotki.com/Scotian/300m/exterior/cross-drilled_rotors/

• sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    You'd have to subscribe to alldata to get the information from them. Does anyone know another location for full text of TSBs? Here is the link to alldata's subscription form. It's like $25 a year.

http://www.alldata.com/diy/handshake.html

• cb70cb70 Member Posts: 226
    Jeesh, how lame.
  • lee1nyclee1nyc Member Posts: 60
    Here is where you can start to search (free of charge) for any year of any car.

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/

• jj300mjj300m Member Posts: 24
    BigMike--The hood insulation is incomplete intentionally according to Chrysler's media materials: "A portion of the hood-to-cowl seal is removed to provide a cooling air flow path over electrical and electronic equipment."

easyrider--The airbag TSB is provided as service info to remind the technician that the cover is serviced separately from the airbag unit. So if yours is discolored, you may have just that piece replaced. The climate control TSB lays out steps to reboot the climate control and erase any diagnostic trouble codes to correct any erratic operation. The window TSB describes the procedure to verify whether or not an inoperable window is related to the glass run seal sticking or an electrical fault.
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    Sorry you didn't make it to duty at the Olympics. To answer your question, no we didn't buy any country-specific clothing. My wife found some generic ( but official) shirts and caps at the local grocery store, heavily discounted. The Canadian stuff is real retro looking, kind of a dark red. One of the columnists wrote that the USA beret looked like someting Speedy AlkaSeltzer would wear ;>)
    Looks like USA men and women hockey teams will be in finals. Gretzky's wrong. Nobody hates Canada. You let our Reserve forces train in Canada when we couldn't get or afford avgas in the US, at considerable political risk re OPEC.
    'nuff said.

Peace, Silver
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    Thank's and all the best, and I remember when the US reserves came here to Alberta for training as I was also in the reserves, after 13 yrs. regular forces, prior to law enforcement. I wish I was still in, but age catches up to you. I stopped in at our local armouries last week and told the guys the age old story about re-upping with the classic phrase " I don't want to learn a trade, I just want to shoot guys"LOL. I wish the weather would get better here as my M is starting to show the weather and I would love to do a complete make-over. I hate dirty cars!!!!!

There was someone on this post in the last week, asking about a protection film for the lights on their LHS and I think I saw that it was quite expensive. Does anyone know if you can buy a roll of the 3M invisable sheeting and cut it out yourself?
    I agree with Silver, behind the US the Canadians are getting the most vocal support of any country in the olympics across all sports. I was watching something the other night (forget the sport) and I thought the US must have been competing because the cheers were so loud. Turns out it was the Canadians!

M
    You guys see this news story? LOL
    Got a link?

Silver
  • uxca300muxca300m Member Posts: 155
    Me agree. I got my M in November and wash it once or twice a week but I've really got the itch to clay bar it and add the zillion coats of Zaino. Guess I'll have to wait another eight weeks or so
    before I can start.I purchase a lot of 3M products through my company so I just left a voice mail with my sale rep. to see if we can get a deal on the Head light film. Will let you know when I get an answer.
    Thanks uxca it might save us a bunch and would appreciate it, I'll wait for your reply. I hope at the end of the day that all countries with members on this site will be satisfied and we can all learn to get along. Our common denominators is our M's. I also read about the Brits and Spain and got a chuckle out of it. Someones in a lot of poop on this one. When I was in the military in Ontario a million years ago, we had one of our guys cross over the border to Watertown NY with a loaded sub-machine gun in his trunk, it almost caused an International incident, I think the guy is still in the detention barrracks LOL
  • kosh_2258kosh_2258 Member Posts: 338
    I've used it myself and agree that it's about the best window cleaner I've tried.

I've used most of the Stoner products to detail my cars for about 2 years now and have had great success. Their tire treatment works great and is reasonably priced.

The Xenit cleaner really works but be careful around plastic or rubberized trim, it will eat into it if you aren't careful. It does a great job of taking stubborn stains off the door sill trim.
  • triffnertriffner Member Posts: 31
    Hi all, it's me again. Well my car is still in the shop, today is the 8th day, and they say the Michelin tires that were installed 3 weeks ago are bad. Also again a bent wheel on the front.
    This is 2nd bent wheel now since purchased.
    Well hopefully this will take care of vibration problem. HaHa found TSB to cover the wind noise in driver door, you know the one the tech rep says is normal. Well waiting to see if they fix that. The crazy seat is still moving.
    Hey you guys with the seat movement!!!!! Is your seat moving because it's not bolted down or is it the power pushing it forward??? The dreaded body control module, of course the tech rep still denying it's happening.
    Got a letter from Chrysler the other day, wanting to know if my arbit problem (vibration) resolved and how was the treatment I received. After I picked myself off the floor from laughing so hard, I sat down and wrote a 4 page letter to let them know exactly what I thought. Well I did go ahead and pay the $25.00 to Alldata, so at least I have ALL the info on these TSB's the dealers claim don't exist.
  • nc300mnc300m Member Posts: 24
    I had my passenger side and driver side cut out today and it looks great. Now just waiting on my mufflers to come in.

Why is everyone using the dual outlets as exhaust tips? Has anyone tried just one big oval tip instead? Is there a performance gain with the dual tips?

I am torn between the two tips. HELP!!!!!!!!
  • beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    There's no performance difference between 1 or 2 tips, there exactly what the name says--just decorative tips. It's basically just a personal style thing. If you noticed, the 300M Special comes from the factory with just 1 chrome circular tip on each side, and it looks pretty good. Whatever you like is what's best!

(IMHO, 2 chrome ovals on each side just looks great though!!)
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    The drivers side had two pipes so to balance it most put two on the passanger side as well. If the cutout was more rounded (like the Special) then singles on each side would do nicely. Have four pipes is no better then two, as long as the minimum diameter of the pipe is at least 2" I have seen a few oval ones that would be ok looking on the rear too. If the cutouts were not orginaly done I probably would have had them come out the sides in fron the the rear tires. I wish the spare tire well wasn't so close to the rear, so that you could have the pipes exit out the center like the Hemi C and Vette.
  • specialmspecialm Member Posts: 31
    Mikeyjohn - That was me wondering about the headlight film. Does 3M carry it? Thanks for any info.
  • lonestarsledlonestarsled Member Posts: 226
    How about some polished billet aluminum door sills with the chrysler logo......now that would be nice! I am looking for a source.
    One of the Yahoo users has a totally chromed out trunk, and personally I think it looks like crap. But opinions are like ... uh... noses.. ;)
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    I asked this once before but got no response--so I'll try again---has anyone had the dealer replace the sticky weatherstrip for the window sticking problem---is there a tsb for this---mine still tend to stick in warmer weather even after 2 years and silicone etc
    uxca300M is the one looking at the 3M stuff, I was just asking the question whether it was possible to make our own thus saving lots. Keep watching this site for uxca to get back to us, he deals with a 3M rep here in Canada, and hopfully we can work something out.
    Copy/paste URL into new window:

http://i4.yimg.com/4/d1f356d0/g/0/2f915aa9.jpg

Found on one of the Yahoo groups.
  • alta_300malta_300m Member Posts: 54
    Received my black on silver visor plaques today in the mail from PT Warehouse. They look very classy and I can't wait to install them tomorrow to cover up those annoying air bag stickers.

They are quite flexible, which is probably a good thing. No complaints, the best $16 US I have spent in a while. Hmmm...Well just one small complaint, they charged me an extra $3 for overseas shipping and handling to Canada! Must have missed that new OCEAN they built!

Thanks uxca300m (Mike) for finding and communicating with the supplier. I owe you a Bud....err a Canadian I mean :)
    I'd rate that right up there with putting a fake convertible top on a car (especially something like a Concorde - don't laugh, I saw one once and it was sobering, not to mention bloody ugly).

I did think that monitor adapter was a nice idea, but what the heck is that wire(?) arrangement hanging off the head rest for???
  • bobhex40bobhex40 Member Posts: 63
    What's wrong with them? Which ones are they?? I had some MXV4 Plus installed and had the car alligned and I now get a slight drift to the left.. Going back to the dealer to get the allignment re-checked.
    I like chrome on a car if done right. The Vmaxx is not too bad. The Yahoo photo is terrable. The fender chrome looks totally out of place. I would like to have a Sebring Convertable rear trunk chrome assembly (the one that surrounds the Plate) because it looks like the Hemi C rear trunk. Remember the chrome door trim on the front grill.
    The wire is a coat rack, to put your suit on. Actually is is a good design, although could be impractical if you have rear passengers.
    They have some neat stuff. I like the idea of the wood trim made for different types of radios. The center monitor is nice but I think it could have been excuted better. I wish I didn't have to move to AZ after starting a German language class, it sure would have come in handy.
    I don't know
  • ruskiruski Member Posts: 1,566
    That's an instant ugly mod!
    Thanks for the link.
    The Spanish response was pretty mild. I guess after a couple of hundred years of occupation by the Moors, a brief landing seemed small potatoes.

Silver
  • lflowerslflowers Member Posts: 155
    My son is about to order his next car. Have any of ya'll ever heard of a Caterham Super Seven?

That's what he's about to oder. In my opinion, it would be a fun car to keep in the garage for a toy to drive on pretty weekend days, but he plans on it being his daily driver. Oh well, 30 years ago it was my dream car too, so I guess I can't say much about it. At 40 years old, I guess he's old enough to decide things like that for himself. I do have to agree that 0-60 in 5.8 seconds would be fun! Here's a link to the Caterham website:

http://www.uscaterham.com/home.html

Lynn Flowers

McKinney, Texas

• nc300mnc300m Member Posts: 24
    What do you guys think of a one piece oval tip, much like the one on the GTP Grand Prix. I think this would fill the large 8" x 3.5" cut out nicely. I think they are 6" X 3".

Do larger tips produce a deeper sound?

I will have to order them they are Ractive #T820 or #T815.
  • glennbpglennbp Member Posts: 327
    It's interesting that the Startech modified M at the SD Autoshow had large oval squarish tips. (1 per side). Each was separated by a thin vertical metal piece primarily for looks, but I suppose also for a little support against accidental "crushing". I did like the looks of them and will consider getting some when my present tips wear out. As far as sound, there may be a little difference with different tips, but it's really the muffler/resonator/pipe combo that changes the sound, so I wouldn't worry about that. Go with what looks best to you.
  • mboomgardenmboomgarden Member Posts: 39
    Lynn--I lived in England many years ago and would see Super 7's--originally a Lotus design, as I recall--on the road frequently. I loved them then and when I see them now, I want one so bad it makes my teeth hurt. Sometimes it would be fun to give up all pretenses of practicality, but, alas, I could only do it if I had enough extra dough to just do it as a fun weekend car, as you suggest. Tell your son to have fun!
    Easy I checked the TSB's for your sticky window and see nothing for sticky window. There is TSB for STICKING window. Go to alldata.com and check it out.

Bobhex, not sure which ones were installed. Probably the cheapest Michelins they could get on there. I did see something MX something green??
    The new dealer claims they took them to some company and had them tested and they failed, well 3 out of 4 failed. They had to get Michelin involved to get this resolved. My new ones are to be in today, we'll see.
    Here is the exhaust on the startech M

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/sdshow/startechM-1.JPG

Here are all the car show pictures

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/car/sdshow/

• bobhex40bobhex40 Member Posts: 63
    What type of problem were you experiencing?
  • drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    Chatroom night tonight.....10:00pm EST/EDT (whichever one we're in right now....)..
    Tire dressing: Took a look at Maguirer's bottle in local Walmart: Says on label that MAY spin off and PERMANENTLY stain certain plastic parts on your automobile...hmmmmm. I seem to have already done that--and paid to have it fixed when I used TireWet by Wesley....

Doc
  • rstilprstilp Member Posts: 105
    dr; I've been using the Maguires tire stuff for a year and it hasn't spun off. Just wait til it drys. Plus, Ihave the mud guardsLOL.

glenn; Put on my new Weathertechs yesterday. Nice product. Thanks for the pictures. They aren't that noticable against deep slate and really work great.

Now what else can I stick on this car? LOL
    Rick
    Still a vibration problem. They replaced a wheel the other day, thats the 2nd one now. Still vibrating so I think now trying to pawn off on Sears. We'll see.
  • glennbpglennbp Member Posts: 327
    Well, you could do what I've done. I've put on several white vinyl stickers (logos) against my bright silver metallic paint. The effect is unusual as it depends on the light. They can appear bright white or nearly invisible depending on the lighting conditions and angle. You can check some of it out at:

http://glennbp.bizland.com

The website isn't done yet, but there are a few interesting pics.

BTW- All the stickers were put on over several coats of Zaino and they all peel right off if I decide I don't like them.

I agree that chrome, properly applied, can do wonders. The color of the vehicle makes a big difference too.

All that chrome on the doors didn't do anything for me, but that's just me. The chrome trunk trim wasn't bad. The idea of something like the Sebring is OK, but it would mean moving the license plate to the trunk on the 300 to make it work.
    I don't mind a few chrome *things*, like wheels, exhaust tips, and even the grille. But chrome strips just slapped on for no good reason -- ick! On a silver or white car they tend to disappear, so that's tolerable, but chrome-outlined windows on a black car, no way. The chrome on the (stock) 2001+ red 300Ms actually complement the car along with the black trim, suprisingly enough.

And whatever you do, don't slap the chrome-winged Chrylser logo onto another piece of chrome! Either let the wing stand out in all its glory, or don't have it there at all. Unfortunately, some Chrysler minivans and the 2002 Ms do this. I don't want the front of the 300M to look like the back of a Town & Country!

I've said it before -- too much chrome makes a car look like a painted whore!