Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    Welcome to the board!
    If you will e-mail me with your phone # and e-mail addrerss I will keep you informed of the schedule.
    Also, is there a restaurant in the Dearborn area that would take a reservation for 30-50 people on a Sat. nite?
  • muskateer3muskateer3 Member Posts: 103
    Took my 00 M out for a drive last night. Had the headlight switch in the auto position, headlights on, sunroof open.

About 5 minutes into the trip, the displays for odometer, transmission gear selection, radio, and overhead computer started switching back and forth from dim to bright all on their own.

Thinking this might be caused by the fact that the streetlights were throwing light through the sunroof and confusing the sensor, I closed the sunroof. No help. Switched the headlight switch to ON from Auto. Still no help. Switched back to Auto. Problem disappeared.

Familiar to anyone? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    Hey Otto! I was on the Bramton site last night playing mini golf (computer) I think your dig about "I AM" may have gone over the heads of the group unless they have seen the commercials. I wonder who owns that trick beaver????. By the way real men drink "Diet Coke" here in the west. LOL.
  • drpixeldrpixel Member Posts: 256
    Just returned from the hospital for a pre-admission/flight checkup-blood leting and EKG--what fun! am busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest--only a few days to my surgery.
    sdmike2==sorry about the ball-drop on your update site. Maybe I'll see y'all in the chatroom tonight--10:00pm EST/EDT

Doc
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    Yes, this is a phenomenum that has intermittently appeared in several of the poster's M's. (mine included). Usually it is so infrequent that the dealer can not reproduce the problem. I believe I recall that one of our group had the light switch replaced, and a couple had the Body Control Module (BCM) replaced. My 5* ordered a replacement for me last Monday. It came in today, and will be installed tomorrow AM. Mine developed a more annoying set of problems: Headlights sometime don't turn off in "off" position.
    False "door ajar" indication which causes the interior lights to stay on. Annoying at night.
    Doors lock at odd moments, not at 10 mph.

Good luck,
    Silver
  • russklassrussklass Member Posts: 389
    Someone posted that there were 12 rooms reserved for the Hampton Inn Dearborn for Dream Cruise.
    The hotel has 6 reservations to date.
    Everyone needs to make their own reservations fot Dearborn and Brampton. Mention the "Chrysler 300M Club" to get our special rate.Hotel phone numbers are on the club web site:http://www.300mclub.org/rendezvous3.htm
    I would appreciate an e-mail when you have reserved so I can keep you informed of the weekend schedule. RussKlass@aol.com
  • splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    Well, I'll be there in spirit, if not in body. Wish I could attend- it looks great :D
  • sosborne_300msosborne_300m Member Posts: 7
    Trying to find the pic of hte 300M with teh 69 Mustang scoop installed on it - I know I saw a link to a pic somewhere.. Can anyone help??
  • splattsplatt Member Posts: 328
    Someone was making them themselves a while back. Selling for about $550 or so. I looked at it, and liked it, but too much $$ for me ;) I forget who built them though...
  • rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    Just a heads-up to members and non-members alike. We're going to be moving the 300M Enthusiasts Club web site (www.300mclub.org) to a different server over the next few days. When this happens, there may be temporary outages as the new addresses are registered and propagated.

If you can't get to the web site, just keep trying and we'll be there eventually. This is PROGRESS!
  • muskateer3muskateer3 Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for the info. Mine is going to the no-star on Friday. Will add it to the list just to get it on record.

Thanks again,

M3
  • alta_300malta_300m Member Posts: 54
    videoman - great review on the Pharos GPS and the benefits for you. Did you get the compactflash slot version or the cable assembly version of the system? I like the idea of the comapctflash module as you can then carry it around outside the vehicle without cables dangling!

andy300m - the review link you posted earlier seems to highlight the four major players in the Pocket PC GPS arena...too bad it is a little outdated (July 2001) any review over 6 months old in this area is quite old as it is evolving quickly. I will try and find a newer review that hopefully compares the four. The destinator interface does appear to be a little slicker, but wonder if they are one of the market leaders.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    The guy that was making them was Avalanche, but that goes back a year or so. He decided to go away from the M and started modifying another type vehicle. He also lost his licence, probably due to age and his mods.Unless someone bookmarked his address you will probably have to go through 17,000 post. I believe he went by Avalanche165
  • andy300mandy300m Member Posts: 95
    I guess your choice would depend on what you prefer UI-wise. For example, when I tested TravRoute Co-Pilot, I found the interface very weird. However, the nice part about CoPilot is the iPaq sleeve for NavMan edition (sadly, very poor hardware quality) - no wires! Its hard to say who the market leader is, since all of these guys have made great improvements to their products. But I can tell you, it will not be TeleType GPS!
    Bottom line - try each unit (30 day return policy) and get the one you like. Many people I know decided to go with Destinator after trying the rest of the products.

I cant wait for one of these companies to introduce voice recognition for PPC versions (most PPCs have mics anyway) so you can ask it "WHERE AM I?!" without taking your eyes off the road.
    just my $.02
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Was av's a mustang scoop? He might be talking about 300michael's scoop. sosborne - was the car silver or light green?
  • lonestarsledlonestarsled Member Posts: 226
    300michael has the mustang hood scoop, Av's looked like a late '70/early '80 Z/28 hood scoop.
  • smittydsmittyd Member Posts: 23
    300michael is the M with the Mustang scoop. Actually, Av's hood scoop was shaped like the one on the 1970 Barracuda AAR. That car (Barracuda AAR) was produced in sufficient quantities in order to be legal for the Trans Am series. It came with a 340 small block with three 2-bbl. carbs and side exhausts exiting in front of the rear wheels.

Hmmm...I wonder how the 340 6-pack would work in an M?

http://dodgeboy.cjb.net

MOPAR or no car!

• 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    is mine. I have seen Avalanches hood scoop on everything from Neon's, to Camero's. To be sure check our eather http://community.webshots.com/user/my300M_ or http://homestead.com/chrysler300m/chrysler300m.html for pictures. Or you could find it on the www.300mclub.org web site.
    be there or turn in your keys.
  • toms99toms99 Member Posts: 252
    Avalanche (Osman)?? He used to post here all the time? He was always doing some radical mods to his M .... His hood scoop was way cool ....
    anyone else having trouble posting on the club boards? It won't recognize my ID/PW.
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    Last I heard was he was tring to sell the M. He bought an NSX to mod out even more then the M. A better suited car to mod then the M. I don't know if he sold it though. He was listing it on Ebay, but it never appeared.
    Now that you are a board member, you can not go to the club site............. just kidding, Doc said it would be off line a lot for the next few days, because it is being moved. See what happens when you miss the chat sessions.
    I believe he sold it already.
  • detroit01mdetroit01m Member Posts: 7
    The rotors on my 01 non-php M are warped. I plan to get them turned, but with 21k on them, I've also thought about changing the rotors out to cross-drilled or slotted rotors with higher integrity than the OEM rotors?

I saw an earlier post talking about surestop cross-drilled rotors. Any thoughts on this brand or preference between cross-drilled and slotted?
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    I showed up at the 5* bright and early. They estimated 2 hours to replace the Body Control Module, and sure enough, I was out of there by 10:30 AM. I was so happy to have the problems fixed that I went to the auto parts place and picked up a California Waterblade. (Kinda pricey for a piece of rubber!-$23.40 including tax.)

Last day of school in our district-with the kids home next week I will have no chance to post! LOL

I wish everyone a safe and fun Memorial Day.

Silver
  • rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    If you are unable to get to the Club web site using the "www.300mclub.org" address as we change over, you can get there using the IP address:

That address is http://216.253.111.128.

You can get there now, but all the member directory files may not be present yet.
  • detroit01mdetroit01m Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Scotian.

I take it your slotted rotors are working better than the previous cross-drilled rotors.

How are the KVR pads in relation to the Porterfields you had prior?
  • fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    toms99-

Here's beach15's AV and AV's NSX! ;-))

Not sure if he sold it.

http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=42492572403&n=364716738

fastdriver
  • ducati52ducati52 Member Posts: 12
    I picked up a 2001 factory Infinity head unit and the In-dash 4-CD player on ebay for my 1999 which had the single-play CD/head unit only. Working on putting it in tonight. Everything went together extremely easy -- plug and play, basically. However, the CD player doesn't seem to want to work. It loaded one CD, but wouldn't play it -- the light on the CD player button continued to flash, and an "error" message shows on the head unit. I disconnected the power a few times, but same result. Now, all four of the CD player button lights and the Ready button light flash continuously. Since my manual doesn't describe this stereo, I'm hoping someone out there with a 2000+ model might check their owner's manual and help me out. What do the flashing lights mean? Am I doing something wrong? I bought the unit from a wrecking yard, so I can return it if necessary. I just want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Mark
  • denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    I checked my 2000 owner's manual and couldn't find anything on the CD changer problem you describe (nor any other CD changer troubleshooting info, other than to try another CD before considering service). Good luck!
  • glennbpglennbp Member Posts: 327
    Disconnect power from the receiver, but leave the CD changer connected. Wait a few minutes, then re-connect the receiver. This resets the receiver-changer interface. If that doesn't work, my guess is the changer is defective. Hope it works!
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    you could just remove the fuse that goes to the radio/changer. If that doesnt work, double check that you put in the cd's the proper direction---printed side up--or try a few other cd's--are you using self recorded discs or commercial recorded discs? Some members have complained that some self recorded discs wont work right. You may even try a laser pickup cleaner disc just in case their is dust on the pickup. Just trying to cover all bases. Good luck!
  • mekmart12mekmart12 Member Posts: 8
    Has anyone tried lowering their 300M. I have a 2001, decided to make this a project this weekend. Purchased a H & R spring set that lowers the car about 1.4". Done other cars before so I didn't think this was a big deal however the kit came with transmission and engine spacers to keep the driveshaft aligned. Does anyone have any experience or advise? this seems more than I bargained for. .....
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    sdmike2- if you drive out for the tour I will buff your car myself!!;-)
  • achanceachance Member Posts: 106
    Damn, I love this car! Sun's out, roads are dry, leaves are turning green - bare-belly-buttoned babe in the crosswalk says, "Cool Car." If it weren't for fast cars, young women, and old whiskey, we could all work at the video store!
    A lot has been discussed on this subject both here and on the 300M enthusiasts club board.

http://www.300mclub.org

Basically here is the info in a nutshell:

1. If you have PHP, then you may not need the spacer kit to avoid vibration.

2. If you don't have PHP, then you probably will need the spacer kit installed (although a couple folks that have lowered their M's say they don't have vibration even without PHP and no spacer kit.

3. A few folks with the spacer kit installed AND PHP still report a little vibration.

I'm not sure what this all means, but my suggestion is to change out the springs first and then see if you experience the dreaded vibration. If not, fine. If you do, then add the spacer kit.
  • videoman1videoman1 Member Posts: 201
    The Pharos GPS system for my iPaq gives me a voice warning about a 1/2 mile before an exit ramp I have to take on a highway. It doesn't give me the distance in the voice transmission, however, the iPaq does display the distance on the bottom.
    Boy, this place has been dead.

Hey Glennbp - you gonna do springs?
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Well ,as of this week you can no longer factory order an 02 LH. We are now on our build out schedule . Last day for the 02 build is July 12. Then its two weeks holidays and we then return to build the final year of the LH.
    I really want to do springs; I just can't seem to get past dealing with the potential problems that a lot of others have had. I suspect that 1 day in the near future I'll say the heck with it and just go for it. If the lowered M's just didn't look so cool...
  • cmyers300mcmyers300m Member Posts: 206
    I would love to lower my '01, but what scared me off a little was a conversation I had with a guy at the SO-CAL shop. After lowering their project 300M, they were experiencing a lot of suspension problems. He thought the engineering of the suspension on the M didn't fair well with aftermarket lowering springs, and I believe they were working on the 'problem' with Chrysler. This was last summer though, and since thier web site is still not accessible I haven't done anything yet. If anyone has had GOOD experience with lowering springs, let me know. Thanks!

Chris
    Have you priced out springs yet? Shouldn't be too hard to install. I forget, you have PHG?
  • cmyers300mcmyers300m Member Posts: 206
    Ya know, lowering is something DC needs to work on. I hate pulling up to a BMW and admiring the fact that they don't have HUGE gaps in the wheel wells! Cars look so good that way. I might consider a bimmer if the price wasn't so steep.
    The Special even has large gaps, DC only lowered it like .50". Why bother? Nonetheless, I still love my M.
    I have the Intrax springs on my 99 non php. I think me an Igor are some of the few with no problems. I do have the H&R spacer kit if needed, but have not added it. I have a little recomendation. If you have the PHP then the suspension will be more to your likeing. Having the firm not sport struts the care has two personalitys. small imperfections the car rided like the stock non. as soon as I take a off ramp 20+ miles faster then the springs come on strong. The suspension gives about a half inch before the springs are felt. Speed bumps are another story, you must take them slow. The other thing is those curbs and concrete tire stops you will loose your air dam or front bumper on them if not careful. I added an dector to warn me.
    I would go with the H&R (1.4") do to you get a spacer kit with them. althought the Intrax lowers it 1.8". One funny thing the front looks really lowered but the rear doesn't, until I part next to another 300M then you can see it. I will try to take pictures later (we have another 300M at work) to compare with.
    Yes, the Intrax run about $220.00, the H&R a little more. I figure a couple hundred for the install. I'll probably take the plunge sometime this summer.