Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    lol! I think "cuff me" crimson adds 5 MPH to the average speed.
    Here is a doctored photo of how Big Red would look without the Chrysler and 300M badges on the back.

Big Red Rear

-M
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    Anyone else who has the duals get alot of road grime on the rear of thier 300M? On my silver 300M, it shows really bad after a few days. Around the trunk, & plate. It stinks because of water restrictions, I cannot wash the M for weeks at a time. It's ugly!
    That's a result of the airflow patterns around the back of the car. It can be real dusty down here, and I often have to clean the rear bumber and trunk face. Because our water spots so badly I don't get the hose out unless the whole car needs a bath. Instead, I try to dust the dirt away as much as possible with a towel or rag, then I take a wet wash cloth (or rag) and gently wipe it clean. I follow with some Z6. Works great.

-M
  • 300mlover300mlover Member Posts: 132
    I too love the look of a spoiler on the "M", but I can't believe you guys are installing spoilers that look like what I see on LHS's, Concord's, and Neon's The factory one is the way to go. Now, please no daggers. This is just my opinion.
    Personal preference, I guess. :) I don't like the two pillar look of the DC spoiler.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
  • rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    Great job on the spoiler. Mine mounted a little bit differently than yours, but the end result is the same - awesome. I'm a 3-pylon guy too. I think it looks a bit more muscular than the 2 pylon designs. I personally didn't care for the outer tip configuration on the Mopar "factory" design. It's all about personal taste.

You'll really like that extra 0.5 mpg and 3 mph you get from the spoiler. We have to justify these cosmetic mods somehow!!
  • vlisvlis Member Posts: 28
    Just awesome! Enough to make me run out and get a red PHG---if I hadn't just blown nearly $60K on a Sebring and a T&C Ltd!
    LOL! I was going to tout it as a safety feature, pushing the rear wheels down firmer onto the pavement (that's why race cars have them, right?). Now, I'm doomed if my wife remembers that it's a front wheel drive car. :)

What's different in the mounting between mine and yours? Just curious.
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    now put a big chrysler wing emblem on the trunk--or you can look at Avalanches photo album--he has the big wing emblem on the trunk and it looks great---of course he just removed it to do more mods---

we want pics as soon as you get your spoiler mounted, Avalanche

Car looks great, mike---It just screams out "Pull me over, I'm a radical"---betta keep an eye on the speed limit :-}
    My spoiler has threaded inserts molded into the bottom surface of the pylons. It came with stainless steel studs that screw into the inserts, and aircraft style "nylock" locking nuts that screw onto the studs from the bottom. It also came with gaskets just like yours did.
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    The Intrepid was the top placing North American car in the J.D Powers Quality survey. It placed 14 with 99 defects per 100 cars. The LHS placed 15 with 101 defects per 100 cars. Then the Concorde was 27 with 111 defects per 100 cars .Last was the 300 M way down in 92 place with 149 defects per 100 cars. Very strange the gap between the cars as they are all built on the same line, by the same people. Makes you wonder how accurate this stuff is. Hey Mike love that spoiler,looks great. Hey guys keep up all the great work on the mods.
  • mykemmykem Member Posts: 203
    snapped this in California whilst out there... the 'third light' built into the spoiler is a series of LEDs, for anyone who is wondering...

sorry for the quality, but as you might be able to see, there wasn't much time left :)

-m

• fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    ottowrkr-

It is strange huh? Same line, same parts, same people building them and they're so out of whack like that? Do you build certain models at certain times of the day i.e. Intrepids in the AM, LHS's at noon and 300's in the afternoon etc.? If not, do they rotate as to what is coming down the line next?

BTW- Been so busy- that "stuff" should be there for your friend to pick up. It should have arrived there Friday or Saturday. Just in time. Hope you like it.

fastdriver
    Here is a site I found that used the 300M for a project car.

http://www.performancewestgroup.com/vehicles/300M.htm

I like the way the dark tint looks, except if I'm behind it. I like the 17" RazorStars (which resemble neither razors nor stars) better than the notched frying pans they put on. I might get used to the black chin.

I'd rather see pics of the cameras and the interior -- the aluminum look & LCD screen.

I'd also like to know how well the tranny keeps up with the 338 horsepower nitrous mods over time.
    I saw a red 300M today and its CHRYSLER side lettering was gold and its 300M side badges were trimmed in gold. Is this standard on red 300Ms?
    That's probably that aftermarket gold badging that you can have done. It's some sort of electrolysis process. I have no idea what the durability is, but it ain't cheap.
    My '01 inferno red has all chrome badging, but maybe that's an '01 thing to match the chrome around the windows.

-M
  • denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    Mine are chrome on my dark garnet '00 M. I haven't seen any gold ones.
    I'm pretty sure that Chrysler has gold CHRYSLER lettering that could have been purchased, but the side badges are plastic -- can plastic be used with electrolysis?

I don't want gold badges, but if someone is selling them, I want to know about it!
  • funroadsfunroads Member Posts: 49
    Rogor2k:

Did my dues check arrive yet?

Also, the pic in post 3699 (2:20pm today) seems to be causing a login dialog to appear.
    Me, too!
    Dunno how that happened. I don't get it. I'll delete it tonight and try again.

FUNROADS: Yes, we did get your dues, and you are our 100th member. I'll be emailing you the password and stuff tonight. Welcome to the 300M Extended family.
    Yep. You're probably loggin in already. Just give us your name and password so we can see the pic you posted... :-)
  • hataxhatax Member Posts: 56
    I too have seen a few 300s tooling around with Gold badging and bright gold center caps on the wheels, all on the 16" rims though.... Wondering about that myself... Maybe it was a early '99 model thing promoting the PHP.
    My M goes in the 4th to get the hood fixed. =( And get some TSB stuff done to it.
    Thanks for the welcome! Cool to be centenial member. Tricentenial would be cooler.
  • phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    when i bought my car the dealer was telling me about someone he knows that does it for u, didnt mention a price though, i dont think that would look well on a white car so i didnt ask..
  • avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    why are u guys doctoring pics, check this out....

MUAHAHAAHHAAHHHAA!!!!!!

how about one gigantic window.......

http://frealfso.frostburg.edu/cs1101f00/janjuao/300/one_window.JPG

haha, notice the back door handles, oh wait, thats right, THERE NOT THERE, sry i have to do this...MUAHAAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!!

too big here, but i want something like this, with a light of course. and the sides that come down, i want to meet with the back trunk...a small nose hair off the trunk, 2-3 pedastal. that LED light looks badass on that one pic with the black m....

sounds like it wasn't much of a project car. that paint they boasted about looks cool but not all that. sdmike's inferno red is awesome. i'm interested in those engine mods tho. i emailed them, pure wonder as to how its handling anywhere above 300 HP. jason i know you'll agree with me, the 300 tranny is jsut too weak right! lcd's, vid cams, all that, sounds cool, i wish they had pics though....
    Could some point me at postings and pics of the license plate mod. the stock bracket looks and fits crappy.
    i emailed them too about a half hour ago lol with the same question.

one window? explain how that works to me...

u have stones of iron my friend lol, i would be purely afraid to do that to my car!
  • fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    I'll admit , I like the look of the trunk with out the emblems. I also like that spolier. Come on....You can't make it fit :)

300+HP??? Who really knows. It has not not been proven has it? Who can say for sure the 300M's tranny will handle it. Yes it's a weak tranny, but so much gets lost in the power train, That it might hold up well.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I deleted your post titled "Nice Shirts!! Great Club!!" because as others have noted, the picture you were trying to display was requiring a log in. This log in was popping up just in order to display the message page, which could certainly confuse our members.

Maybe you could try again - just post the link without the "img src" tags - that way at least the post page will display without asking for a login.

Thanks.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans and Women's Auto Center Message Boards
  • madcityrussmadcityruss Member Posts: 40
    The gold letters were not a Chrysler option, but a dealer add-on. They were very popular on '99 Candyapple Red LH cars. However, 16" aluminum wheels painted silver with GOLD anodized center caps (featuring the Chrysler "Pabst Blue Ribbon" logo) were the only factory wheels available on '99 300Ms with PHP. They were highly vilified in the Edmunds forum as "Minivan wheels". Of course, contrarians (aka weirdos) like myself have developed a special appreciation for these wheels and wouldn't switch for anything.
    how do i take the 'chrysler' and 300m logo off my trunk w/o hurting paint?
    man jason, that 300 was pushin 383HP!!!! with a nitrous kit in there too. that would be nice and all to have but, i'm with you on the tranny. and i would like to throw in this and that, but, i dont' wanna be the one on teh side of the road with a blown tranny ya know? abuot that spoiler, haha, yea i gotta make it fit, that is not the one i got, it was laying around the shop so i threw it on there for a quick sec, but something very similiar. so i'm lookin around right now, any good places to go???
    The Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club is now offering some very nice Club logo embroidered shirts for sale to members only. Sorry, our copyright agreements with Chrysler prohiblt us from selling these to non-members.

Check us out at http://www.300mclub.org
    We're the only non-Internet 300M Club in existence. We're planning Club rallies in Monterey CA and Detroit MI in August. We're all still loyal to Town Hall because that's where the idea for the Club began. So .... don't choose one or the other, choose BOTH.

Yours 300Mly,
    Roger Waters, President
    Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
    http://www.300mclub.org
    the trunk stripped easily. didnt even heat the glue... just got some dental floss (more durable than thread) and 'sawed' behind the emblem and 'chrysler'. now all thats left is the keyhole...... anyone?
    This is great, watching as you do some fairly significant bodywork to your M. More pics!

What's next -- doors that pivot or swing up instead of swinging out?
    What's next -- doors that pivot or swing up instead of swinging out?

Yeah right... if that's the case I'll have to see it before I believe it.

I would have said, though, that no one would have done that... but avalanche might just do it...

Doubtful though.

-m
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    My family would never let me hear the end of it, if I did that to my car. Besides it is hard to mod this car on 27K a year. Love what you are doing (most of it anyway). Keep us posted. I do have some emblem work, but it has to wait a week for the post office's claim department to inspect my damaged emblems.
    One question though, since you removed the passanger door handles, why didn't you remove the front door ones as well and have remote intery. Most of the custom and lo-rider magazines have companies listed. spoilers-4-less has built in LEDs if you use the suffix L insted of N.
    PS wait a little while this time before talking about your Mods on the chat room this wednesday, as I will be about an half hour late to it again. (missed your mods last week)
    I've not seen that much Bondo(tm) or whatever body filler you're using on a car since my neighbors Chevy Vega!

-m
    Installed:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1280646&a=9486000&p=49004941&f=0

Rogor2k - I'll send it to you tomorrow.

• 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    I am sure the Mod bug will bite you again.