Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• stangspankinmstangspankinm Member Posts: 13
    scotian that 10gauge wire will work fine.

is there anyway to make a one wire disconnect so that the basslink could be taken out. i considered the basslink but didn't want it hardwired in so i went with a kenwood amp and a mtx 10" sub in a 1.25 cubic foot ported box, so now all i have to do is disconnect the speaker wire and it comes right out, if i could do this with the infinity i would change it over just to have the system all infinity. any solutions?
  • phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471

took me forever to get this posted! Anyway its worse than this pic looks, tranny damage, door, interior trunk, exhaut, etc...
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    personal taste. I too HATE to hear cars booming down the road, and that's the last thing that I wanted. I do, however, listed to music at high volumes...especially when I have any windows down or the hole in the roof open. I found that the stock speakers became overloaded by the bass even at moderate bass levels at high volume. The basslink accomplishes the task of essentially offloading the bass to a unit built to handle it. With the trunk open it's booming. With it closed you'd never know the unit was in there.

-M
    i must get this.
    Phases, I didn't need to see that!! Man, I really feel your pain now.

StangRaceSpankinFan9 - The basslink should be pretty easy to disconnect and remove. The speaker input plugs can be pulled right out, and the whole unit can be unbolted from its mounting brackets and taken out.
    i'm talking one plug to disconnect all the wiring don't they make something like that? i haul lots a goods down to miami once a week and need all the room i can get FAST! not really. but i just love the ease of one plug jerks it out.
    I think you'd have to make your own plug. The unit doesn't have a quick release wiring harness. My guess is that an audio shop could do that pretty easily if you asked them.
    Just so you all know my perspective, I've never had a sub in a car before. Filter my comments any way you need to based on that information. ;) Roger...got basslink?
    yeah seems like they could make one plug to connect all the wires. i thought maybe some of these 10g car audio geeks would have the answer.
    I just got back from a masochistic mountain bike ride (the first section was a 2,000 foot climb in 2 miles) and I'm exhausted. Time for a nap. Catch you all later.

-M
    hey AV my tag rattles i wonder if double stick tape would work instead of drilling more holes in my m?

sdmike is your tag rattling too?
    sadly, that pic doesnt show the half of it...
    im gonna cry again....
    double stick take would be exactly what im going to do.
    I have no idea...I'm inside and the music is loud. My license plate could be standing on edge and spinning and I'd never know it.
    lol!
    i don't think double stick tape is going to fix your rear, sorry man had to do it! don't cry :)
    phases <-- crys, again. and its your fault!

was kinda funny though, did make me chuckle..
  • traleytraley Member Posts: 64
    Phases, if it would make you feel any better and keep the baby from crying, I will post pics of when my car was completely SMASHED. The damn car needed a new front end, hood,etc and alot of engine work. The car was in the shop for 5 1/2 WEEKS. You talk about pain. I would drive up to the shop every other day to see her. Anyway, when I did up the insurance pics, I will scan and post them. Oh, and just in case you are wondering I was smashed head on by a drunk driver with NO insurance.
    OMG. man, that does make me feel better. wow. so your insuance have to cover it?? i dont know how that works
    i'd hate to feel better at your expense, but hey, that did help. thanks! your a life savor..

p.s. hey! im not a baby! just love my car! lol
    Yes, they had to cover it. No deductible though.
    He hit my car head on, but no one was in it. Airbags deployed and everything. When I heard the crash, the guy was passed out behind his wheel, with his car stuffed into my engine bay.
    The car was less than 1 year old, so they didn't trash it out. I was sick about the whole thing...but that only let me know that all of this is just STUFF, just think if I had been in the car with my family!
    I say that to say, don't worry about the car. It will be returned to you. Your family can't be. So, instead of being sad about it..be happy that you have them.
    true, very true.
  • avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    Velcro. goto wal-mart, get two packets, i think they are 75 cents each. two sides, on hairy, on frizzy, both backs are adhesives. take off plate, wash down paint with soap and let dry, stick on velcro, and then match up to license plate, and then it wont rattle. if u still want to keep the frame, do the same with frame. i have a clear tinted cover over mine. i tell ya what, i'll take it off tommorow and take some pics to show you, i think this is the best solution for the rattling.
  • tucsongiltucsongil Member Posts: 116
    Hey gang, is that all you guys do over here is talk, talk, talk!? It's like a bunch of high schoolers talking about their cars. But I understand all the gab. The "M" is not just a car, It is thee car! *_O

When I ordered my "M", I ordered it with the base stereo system for I knew I want to upgrade my stereo at a later date with a subwoofer or two. Now you guys have done all the leg work of finding a powered sub that seems perfect for the "M".

My question is: Will the base system wire up fine with the BassLink like the upgraded system did? PLMK.(I have a Y2K "M").

BTW, I always envyed my Dad's system in his Lincoln LS. It has the upgraded system with a subwoofer. It is a well rounded/balance system with just the right amount of bunch from the sub! His Salsa CDs jam beatifully in his LS.

I hope the Basslink gives me the balance I too seek in my "M"!
  • tucsongiltucsongil Member Posts: 116
    Man I feel bad for you!
    I'm not that familiar with the base system, but since the Basslink has its own amp my guess is that it will work just fine. I *think* it needs the input from the front and rear speakers, left and right, so because you don't have an amp in the trunk you might have to run another set of wires from the front to pick up the front channels. Not sure though.

-M
    we do do do as well.....plus, i'm the only high school'er here
    traley i don't have the factory amp. got a phoenix gold zx475ti, running all components of there. bostons up front, so they need some power. how high and low are u gonna run? i am runnnig the 2 in front doors, and tweeters in front too. 4's in the doors, and 6x9's in the rear deck. that is 8 speakers, a hella lot. gotta watch that imagine and sound quality, will get ruined with too many...
  • tbelotetbelote Member Posts: 3
    Could anyone tell me about how much it costs to get lowering springs installed in the 300M???

Has anyone done anything other than changing out the springs to the suspsension?

How happy have any users of the V1 radar detector been?
  • sirharpersirharper Member Posts: 112
    Why some 300M owners insist on making such a automotive masterpiece sound like some high-schoolers Honda Civic with a bazooka tube in back I'll never know! And I'm only 30!!!

Let's just say I'll save the money for the bass and put it toward a new exhaust system or some other performance enhancing feature so I can smoke those same VTEC punks even worse than I already do. But thats just my personal opinion.
    the ashtray will hold $20.96 worth of fast food change! one caveat, a dime fits perfectly in the cig lighter/power outlet which will blow the blue 15amp fuse, it's also a major pain getting that dime out. now where do i find those tiny fuses? please tell me autozone has them, i need to power my cell phone.
  • sirharpersirharper Member Posts: 112
    You should have no problem finding a 15 amp fuse they are quite common
    the fuses are unlike that of ordinary fuses, look in the fuse panel, do you know where it is? open the drivers side door and it's on the side of the dash.
    AV- Did you rewire the components to work with the Phoenix or did you use the existing wiring?

Sirharper-WHY? The same reason you mentioned that you would put money towards an exhaust.....you WANT to. That's why those of us with the modified audio system have them...we WANT to. So, while you are out there smokin' "VTEC punks", we will be smokin' "VTEC punks" with alot of bump to make the ride all that much sweeter.
  • lonestarsledlonestarsled Member Posts: 226
    The small fuses used are not anything special! Yes, you can get them at Autozone. I even bought a fuse tap for the small fuse type to add a circuit for my motorized cell phone holder. No big deal.
    i second that.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    Now my driver's door window barely moves up at all. Most certainly a result of the screwed up trim installation. Good thing I'm bringing it in tomorrow for suspention noises.
  • scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    can be bought at Radio Shack and probably at many gas stations.
    got myne at autozone
  • ottowrkrottowrkr Member Posts: 778
    Happy Birthday Canada , 134 years young July 1 2001. The home of all 300M's
  • mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    Happy Independence Day.
    My wife's tranny went at 65k miles. :(
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    Tell your country, Happy Birthday, for me.
    Any auto store, discount store will have those fuses.
    You guys are starting to peak my interest in upgrading my sound system. I will put it on my to do list. Lets see, that would make it Mod #142 on my list. Considering I am on Mod #32, it might be awhile. I will be lucky to get to #75 before the "N" comes out.
    You need to put a big bandaid on that. Ouch!!!!!
    Beware of traveling Bondo Salesman. :) You don't want your M to be a poster car for them.
  • ajpiiiajpiii Member Posts: 260
    http://www.prowlerpro.com

scroll down and check out Project 400M (sounds like 400hp to me)... I think we are going to get some real performance for our M's eventually :)

• easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    in the July 2nd issue of Auto Week magazine---here is a link:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/010629/def014.html