Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• tucsongiltucsongil Member Posts: 116
    Hello Gang!

Yesterday I snuck out of my house early in the morning to have my new tires put on. I snuck out because Thursday was my daughter's 12th birthday and I had a hurd of girlies sleep over at my house!

I called my buddy(the manager) at Discount tires on his privete line(btw, his daughter slept at my house too) to tell him I was on my way down and to have my tires and paper work ready. I had them put on Michelin's Pilot XGT Z4 in 225 55 17. $180 each for two and $30 pro-rated for two others(defective Goodyear LSs). After paying for the tires I got on the freeway to test out the new rubber. Man what a difference! It sure does feel tight! Out on a freeway fork turn that my "M" would normaly have some body roll with the LS tires, it had none! The sidewalls are firmer and it(my "M") stuck to the ground! Great tires!

I now have a half and half setup. Non-PHP suspension with PHP tires! I love it! It is the best of both worlds! *_O

Now I know why you PHP guys love your Pilots XGTs.
  • 300mlover300mlover Member Posts: 132
    Mike - Lot's of good info in your exhaust run down (post #6150) I did notice one thing that was incorrect though. The Borla System has all three mufflers still. They are all low restriction mufflers.

Jedi - How much did it cost you total for the phg conversion? Can you list part #'s please. I thought the springs were the only difference. Due to a previous post from someone else. And only the struts were diff.
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    I'm quite sure you can get tour of the factory, but you might have a problem crossing the border, especially with that shine on your car, you'll end up blinding the customs guys. I spent the morning washing and chamoising my car looking for damage from yesterdays hail storm, but I'm lucky, no damage, now I feel bad after seeing your shine. Don't forget, if you need parts or equipment you may want to buy them in Canada as the difference in the dollar makes it worthwhile, and you can claim your tax back.
  • 300mlover300mlover Member Posts: 132
    I just ordered them from Borla a few days ago. Absolutely no charge. No shipping either. I am not installing them in my system, but got them for my new friend Tony that bought my Borla system. My only reason for changing is that I really want that dual exit out the back of my car! Otherwise I would have stayed with the Borla. It was a very nice improvment in sound and performance. The Borla # I called is 1-877-462-6752. Leave a message. They call back same day usually. If they still want to charge you. Give them my customer # 12050 and ask why they didn't charge me. I would think that they would give them to you.
  • sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    Thanks for the correction!!

-M
    Congrats on not finding any hail damage. I seem to remember a post a couple of months ago about another regular that got caught in a hail storm and was surprised to see that there was no damage. Seems like the M has some strong metal! Always good. :)

Don't feel bad about my shine, as you can have the same thing yourself (except for the palm tree) with a couple of coats of Zaino . Today I applied the Z5 instead of Z2 to help get rid of some fine scratches. I then finished up with some Z6 and tire treatment. :) ahhhh.
    I have a word document that compiles part numbers for the M. Getting the PHG parts and numbers (with estimated prices) would fit right in. I'll post a link to the document, but hopefully I can turn it into a HTML table one of these days.
    Found this site for 20% off OEM parts.

http://www.falange.com/chrysler300m/

About three weeks ago Doc(Glenn) caught me and two others online and setup a four way chat. After Doc exited, me, Av, and Tony(AJIII) talked about all of us needing to go to court over speeding tickets. I do not know how the others two did, but I beat mine!

Here's the scoop. I was stopped for going 37 in a 25 mph residental area. Three motorcycle cops set up a trap on the city 25 mph zone as you come off a county 40 mph zone. The cop walked into the street after catching me on radar to pulled me over. After the smart [non-permissible content removed] wrote me up, I walked over to his bike to have him show me the radar. It read 37. As I got back to my truck, another cop in the group called out a number and the cop that just wrote me up walked into the street to pull over that car. The cop started writing up that car. I found this odd that the same Cop that caught that car should have writen up this ticket and not the Cop that just finsihed writing me up!

I went to court on Thursday morning and told the Judge what happened. I told my side of the case after the Cop did his. The Judge chewed on the Cop a bit for him writing the second car up after not being the one doing the radar(two cops names are needed on the ticket if one is doing the radar and the other chaseing). The judge said that she woule review the area of the ticket and issue a verdit Friday and I would be noticed by mail. Today I got notice that I won! YES!

BTW, it was a $100 ticket!
    My buddy at Discount Tire told me that they get their Bridgstones from Tire Rack and not factory direct. He told me I would get a better price from Tire Rack on Bridgstone since they are not a factory direct account.

Those Pole Positions SO-3 are very soft. I believe that they have a tred rating of 180(like the Pirelli P Zeros). That is verses a tred rating of 300 on the Potenza RE 730s and Michelin Pilot XGT Z4 has 300 as well.
  • stevenw300stevenw300 Member Posts: 90
    Thanks for the great rundown on exhausts. It is sure to be helpful to me in making my decision. The finish on your M sure is sweet. I added another coat of #2 today. However, the results are more apparent on your red M as opposed to my Champagne color. BTW I tried to go to your photo gallery and Photopoint was offline. I will try again later. Hope the rest of your weekend is great.

Steve
  • jedi_knightjedi_knight Member Posts: 89
    The parts, springs F/R, struts F/R and new bump stops cost me $806 and that was with a discount! Man oh man I should have just waited a few extra days and gotten a PHG equiped M from the dealer instead of trying to build one myself. The labor from a very good shop was $426. I rides like a dream now, I do miss the look of it being lowered but I don't miss the ride!

Part numbers:
    Isolator - 4581182AB
    Rear strut - 4895001AE
    R/F strut - 4782110AD
    L/F strut - 4782111AF
    Bump stop - 4782112
    Rear springs - 4581215AD
    Front springs - 4782085AB

I took my vin and a vin off a PHG equiped M and the parts guys ran a compairison print out of the parts. Since I had the "Touring" suspension these were the only parts needed. According to the computer, there are 3 different variations of suspension packages on the M.

Hope this info helps those who want to take the plunge.

Keith
    My "M" is Cinnamon Glaze too!

Nice pics!

I would love to post Pics of my "M" with custom wheels but I need a new computor for I am out of hard drive space. Plus I am saving my money for a new Polaris 2x4 400cc Quad! So Quad over computor!
    I just checked this site http://www.oem-car-parts.com/ to compair their price over what I paid. Example the front strut cost me $122 they offer it for $101 plus shipping. Since there would be no sales tax the shipping would be a wash. They do not have a listing for the 2001 M's and you need to call their 800 #.

Keith

Where are you located and what type of drive do you need? I have a few spares around here. Couple of IDE's and one LVD SCSI.
    I solved my picture storage problem by getting a CDRW drive. Cost me about $100, and CDR disks can be had cheap (Fry's had a spindle of 50 for $7). No more storeage problems. :)

-M
    3 levels of suspension? That's the first I heard of a "touring" package separate from the base. Otto, care to shed some light on this?

Thanks for the parts information. I'll include it in my list. Was that $400+ labor extra or included in the $800+?

-M
    here is the document so far. One day I'll put it into an HTML table:

Part Numbers Document
    Arrggghhh! Big Red is covered in dust. From now on I'm just going to drive it all day after I Zaino it! Friggin construction!

-M
    Gotta love this stuff. My house in my car.

I've done my share to keep our forum #1. I'll shut up for a while. LOL
  • rogor2krogor2k Member Posts: 385
    We plan to have a national 300M Enthusiasts Club Rendezvous next summer in Brampton, Ontario so we can see where our Ms were born. Otto has said he could get us all in for a factory tour. Don't let me down otto. I want to circle the plant with 300Ms.
  • 300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    My Bridstone Potenza A-03's are 225/55 17's. They have a tread wear of 220 AA A. The price Discount Tire gave me was $33 cheaper per/tire then Tire Rack. I paid $169.99 a tire. I was considering the Michelin Pilot Sport too but the Bridstones out performed then in every area except one (which they tied). They also have a better warranty free replacement down to 2/32ndth, whereas Michelin's are free for the first 2/32nds then prorated the rest of the way to 2/32nds. I go to pick mine up on Thursday. I have a reciept for them (already paid for) so that they can't go up on the price. The 930 were only $19 dollars cheaper, so I spent the extra money for the best tire I could buy.
    Good Luck with yours, and enjoy.
    I live in Tucson,AZ.

My current computor is a Pentium one 133 mhz with a 1 gig hard drive. I have MS Office Pro on it that takes up lots of drive space. I was told that with my BIOS the largest hard drive I can have is a 3 gig.

I am about to start a new side business with Primerica Financial Services were I have my IRA/mutual funds. Once started I can buy a brand new computer and write the whole thing off.

Email me at WildcatGil@aol.com to tell me what you have. Thanx.
  • phases78phases78 Member Posts: 471
    got my duals put on today!! i did a different setup this time, as i wanted to test something different. i like it more than the other one. its about half the volume my last setup was, and a little deeper too. and the hp gain *feels* the same. what we did: we left the first muffler (the one directly under you when u drive)on..actually, we took it off at first, test drove it, and decided to put it back on, replaced the second one with a single in dual out flowmaster, and removed the third one. i used different tips this time too, they dont lip over like my last one did, as i wanted to avoid the ugly look of the rusty flowover.. the ends of them are cut at a slant..

ill post a pic as soon as i can. perhaps i buy a digital camera...

so all that is left to make it just like my last one, is the tint. ive been trying but my guy is all booked up.. and of course this M has the basslink on the way in the mail! i hope its as good as you guys say! lol.

i love this car. :)

p.s. a guy that works at the chrysler body shop, has a brother, that bought my wrecked (chrunched lol) M, he said he has ALL the parts he needs to repair it, minus the bumper itself. it'll cost him a total of 300 bucks to fix five grand of damage. he got an awesome deal! i told him of the club, ill give him a card next time i see him

phases78
  • easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    caught a curb late at nite--tired and couple of drinks did the trick---20k on the tire--dont know if they will buy my "it just blew out" story but I will give it a shot--my other front tire has the shake problem caused by hitting a pothole--dont know if its out of balance or if the inner belts were damaged from hitting the pothole very hard--oh well-may be getting my michelins sooner than I thought--

hey guys, we're one away from being number one--right now the number 1 spot belongs to an SUV discussion--are we gonna put up with that?--Well this post will tie us with number 1--so get to posting--show me some pics of your M--post links to your website---any questions about your M?--ok, men start your postings!
    I thought the insurance company was paying for repairs---are you signing the check over to the chrysler dealer?--just curious--if he's fixing it for 300 and the damage payment from insurance was $5000, I guess somebody made out pretty well. Youre happy, the dealership is happy, and the guy that bought your old car is happy--everybody wins--
    to keep this discussion going---lets have your answers to this quesion: what is a unique or most pleasing feature you found on your M that made you say: "Hey, that's pretty neat!"

I think the feature where if you leave your keys in the ignition you arent able to lock the doors with the electric door locking switch on the door--saved me more than oncefrom having to call a locksmith!--

so what feature do you find is "pretty neat"
  • silverbullet4silverbullet4 Member Posts: 449
    Now I've gone and hit something. What is going on this month with our group? I had a senior moment backing out of a driveway and smacked into a 95 Honda parked on the curb on the other side of the street. All his damage is in the driver door, and believe me, no shop will straighten it out. The damage to my M? Some bumper scuffs and surface paint that I can rub off with my thumb. I think a little work with a clay bar and some Z5 will fix it up like new. Hmmmmm...maybe these DC cars are built a little better than the general perception.

Mike-what a great color and shine! I followed a 2k inferno red today. It was clean, but not wet shiny like "big red". The chrome wheels and the "Cuff me" crimson really stand out.
    I was going to go blow the dust off Big Red tonight but with you guys continually hitting things I think I'll stay home! Not sure I like the M "mojo" going on. lol

Roger, I hope the ball and chain will understand my need to take Big Red to her birthplace. My guess is that she won't, so between now and then I'll have to think of a sufficient bribe.

-M
    and hit 300M heaven. I managed to card 7 M's today. I managed to give one to another M's passanger while we were both stopped at a light. So if you are outhere I am looking for you.
    I spent some extra time on the wheels today and it's amazing how well Z2/Z6 shines them up. These wheels sure are pretty when they are all polished. Blinding. How many coats are you up to now on Silver? ;)

Ok, everyone. Are you all trying to get out of going to the meets, by saying that your car is in the repair shop. Rogor is there a throphy for most accidents on an M? Lets be carefull out there.
    7? Wow. My record for a weekend is 2. Ok, we need to know if this effort is paying off. Any of the posters here find the club or this group from being "carded" by one of us??

-M
    Coolest Thing I discovered that I didn't know (and I did a lot of homework):

That the ENTIRE rear seat folds down. LOL

Thing I wish the M had (Least Cool Ommission)

I wish I could still operate the windows and sunroof after the key is out (until I open the door)...like my mitsu.
    Temp: 65 degrees F
    Conditions: Clear Sky
    Hole in Roof: Open
    Music: Rage Against the Machine, "Know your Enemy"
    Volume: Loud
    Car running up on my butt: Mitsubushi 3000GT
    Autostick: on
    Light: GREEN

Winner:

Loser:

bad & twice!
    no no i got the check from the insurance co. sold it to chrysler as is. in my opinion, everyone made out good. i got good deal on this car, and insurance check, chrysler got that car sold A LITTLE more than they should have got, but the guy that got it can get it fixed at a fraction of the price, so he made out too! only people that didnt make out was the guy that hit me's insurance company. lol

another M hurt????? well, good luck repairing it, sounds like it wasnt to bad..
    Did photopoint go out of business or something? They haven't been up since early friday.
    If someone out there in 300M land IM'ed me tonight and I did not respond, I am sorry!

My wife and her girlfriend were using my screen name doing some travel hunting(mite be driveing into San Diego soon). So it wasn't me that did not respond. I did not not find out until after they signed off.

BTW, flying into Las Vegas this weekend with the wife and relatives from Mexico. I am staying at the Treasure Island. Any Vegas "M" guys out there?
    I looked up those Bridgestone SO-3 Pole Positions on the Tirerack website and those look sweet! Mike you did your homework those tires(W speed rated)! They got very high marks from users of these tires!

It seems that Bridgestone has the best lineup of high performance tires in the industry. Their tread ware rating is far better than Pirelli(who I would rate as the second most complete line of high performance tires).
    Go see Mystere at Treasure Island. Since you're staying there you should be able to get awesome tickets. You be sure to let me know if you're coming to San Diego! Me and Big Red will be happy to see ya!

-M
    I did respond to your (6165) message, with a Message (6178)about the tires,if that is what you mean by IM'ed you tonight.
    i went digital tonight. went to get a camera and found a camcorder with a digcam built in, for less. its awesome! its charging so ill have some pics for you all with the duals tomorrow! as a matter of fact, ill probably redo my whole website tomorrow..
    =Internet Messenger, I think. Gil, if you have any questions about San Diego hotels or other things don't hesitate to shoot me a note. I'll be glad to help.

-M
    I thought they didn't allow just pedesterians into it. I thought you had to be in the business to get in. If they let in everyone, I may try to make it there. What are the dates again?
    Little did you know that buying an M will force you to do other things...like buy a basslink and a digital camera. LOL. Seems that Photopoint has gone belly-up, so it looks like I'll have to fight for my $19.95 back and do a new web page of my own. *sigh*.

-M
    Yes 300Michael, SDMike is right about the IM being the Internet Messenger. Someone IM'ed me and said "Hello Gilbert".

SDMike. Thanks for the info on the show at the Treasure Island in Vegas(btw, what kind of show is it?). Also, thanks for the offer to help with a hotel in San Diego. I was planing on staying at Big Red Acres! Home of the Beautiful Zanioed over and over agained Red 300M. But I guess it's always booked up! *_O

We stayed at the Hilton Paradise Point two years ago. It was nice then and I was informed it is even better now with a renovation just completed(but price is higher now!). Any other good places since Big Red Acres is booked up year around? LMK
    Mystere is a Cirque du Soleil show of amazing acrobats, dancers, comedy, music, and visual sensations. I have seen it 3 times. It's awe inspiring and overwhelms the senses. I feel like I'm 5 feet off the ground for days afterwards. Cirque has another show at the Bellagio called "O" that's even more amazing (it all centers around water). O is also the most expensive ticket in Vegas, but at least it brought the price of Mystere down! LOL. Check this link, and click on "view the video".

http://www.treasureisland.com/pages/myst_main.asp#

What kind of hotel are you looking for and what part of town do you want to stay in? There are a million choices, as you might expect. There are beach and bay resorts, inland golf resorts (one about 3 miles from me), large chain hotels, budget hotels, etc. There are a lot of places in an area called "Hotel Circle" (duh) that are pretty centrally located and resonably priced. The beach is about 10 minutes, the Zoo is about 5 minutes, downtown is about 10 minutes, etc. What kind of budget are you working under? What do you plan to do while you're here (golf, beach, sea world, zoo)? that might help.

The parts alone were $806, the labor plus alignment was $426 so $1232 total. Sure makes that $500 factory upgrade look like a bargin!

Keith
  • hataxhatax Member Posts: 56
    Grr, I got hit by the accident bug.. =( Last night pulling out to goto perkins and just bumped the front of my girlfriends escort. Just pushed in a little part of her front fender and just left a scuff on my bumper. Sigh... Nothing I can't fix with a rubber mallet, rubbing compound and some touch up paint. =)

Something you might want to consider if you want the dual but don't want to cut the facia, you could look for that muffler with a single exit, and with a 2 1/2 input output, then just do one double tip on it. Same effect, just with one less tailpipe. =) Just and idea!

Also, me being in MN, makes the CA get together look mighty tempting... Hmm, more info.. =)