Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler 300M

Comments

• Options
    easyrider300measyrider300m Member Posts: 1,116
    just saw a post on the Yahoo Groups board--another M owner had a bad accident--what's up with all the M accidents lately--maybe I should put the M in the garage and take the bus till accident season is over--

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/300m-lhs/message/5894
  • Options
    300mlover300mlover Member Posts: 132
    Just had a customer at work today with a 2000 300M. Claims he just received a recall notice for the front ball joints. Anyone know anything about this?
  • Options
    sdmike2sdmike2 Member Posts: 2,909
    The shop did the cutout for me, so I didn't have to fuss or muss with it. The trim around the cutout is door edge guard that he glued to the rim of the cutout. I agree, it looks nice that way.
  • Options
    hataxhatax Member Posts: 56
    sdmike, this might be useful for you. I know some of you live in states where photo radar is prevelent. And I saw an add for this and thought it might be useful for some of you, who knows, maybe we can even get a 300mclub membership discount.

http://www.redlineauto.com/Products/Eiminator/eliminator.html

They say it blocks cameras from seeing your plates at given angles...

Easyrider, yeah, I don't think the M is a match for the Q. Espically at a stop light, I think if you were on the freeway, you might have not felt so bad, but the M is not a stoplight hopper, but on the freeway, watch out.. Heh, going 60mph, auto stick it to 2nd gear and stomp on it, I love that feeling... =D

• Options
    Here is a diagram of my exhaust. This is the "Michael Hujo" design that many have used. The idea is to replace the three restrictive stock mufflers with two non-restrictive ones, and to increase flow by having dual pipes out the final muffler.

• Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    I have been told it is updated once every 24 hours, based on the number of posts that have occurred within that time period. I think they said this occurs around 4 am, which I assume is Town Hall time (PT). I am less sure of the time that the update occurs than I am the fact that it occurs once every 24 hours, though.

Pat
    Host
    Sedans Message Board
  • Options
    fuzzywuzzyfuzzywuzzy Member Posts: 958
    Yes it was me who has the only set of aftermarket drilled rotors I know of. They can be bought at:

http://www.kvrperformance.com

They are also in Canada, & have a shop here in FL too. All they list is for the 99 300M, but they will fit all years. You have to know if you have the PHP or not. The PHP rotors are a little bigger, & will not fit a non PHP 300M. They also have pads, but you may be better getting the pads elswhere. I got all 4 PHP rotors & pads, & anti rust coating for around $400.

• Options
    beach15beach15 Member Posts: 1,305
    I usually hear or see something on a recall when they are announced, but no, I haven't heard of anything yet on the 300M's. Come to think of it, I don't think the M has had any so far, well, except for the seatbelt bolts earlier. Was this guy sure that there was actually a recall? If so, how was he notified or find out? I'm not all that saavy on things like ball joints and the like, but if they were recalled, there must be some reason.
  • Options
    mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    You might want to reconsider that plate you mentioned. They are totally illegal here in Canada and I notice that it had an Ontario plate. I don't know how it is treated in the States but here it would probably cost you more than the ticket is worth. I do not like the photo radar as I feel it is a cash cow, but I am a retired police officer, and I sure would not want to see people lose their licences for something like this. We have had photo radar for over 11 yrs, and most of them are portable, so just slow down when you see a vehicle stopped at the side of your freeways. I do endorse the red light cameras but they are really new here. Also you do not lose points on your licence with photo radar as the courts will throw it out for lack of identification of driver. In our province if you tamper with your licence plates, then you lose your vehicle, and these plates are classed as tampering in my province. Just my .02.
  • Options
    denvermdenverm Member Posts: 358
    Just cleaned my dirty engine for the first time, at 17k miles. Here's a photo and info on the cleaning product I used: http://www.btjdesign.com/300m/engine.html
  • Options
    mike_sp1mike_sp1 Member Posts: 43
    Thanks sdmike2 for the pointer to the pictures of your dual exhausts AND also pictures of the Infinity Bass-Link. Mike S.
  • Options
    mrl859mrl859 Member Posts: 168
    After following Easy's link to the Yahoo 300m group, and spending ten minutes signing up for all the REQUIRED memberships, I found you have to go back and forth to read each message. What a pain! Unless there's another board that functions as this one does, I'll stay here and lump it.
  • Options
    avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    i'll get some pics up tommrowo of the work, i just started it up....
  • Options
    take lots of pics of the work in process so you can make a nice portfolio of the quality bodywork and mods your shop performs. Then display it for your potential customers to see.
  • Options
    Your engine came out nice and clean, but it always makes me nervous spraying the engine area with water--I'm afraid of causing corrosion or causing alternator or connection problems---do any or our other members spray their engine with water or steam?--

the most I do is just wipe down the most visible areas with a damp cloth or with windex--
  • Options
    When my engine gets dirty I sell the car....j/k. :) I've only gunked and sprayed my engines a couple of times and I've never had a problem.
  • Options
    guesswho1guesswho1 Member Posts: 209
    i cleaned mine at 8k with Greased Lightning, diluted some sprayed it on and hosed it down, cranked it up let it run a little no problems.
  • Options
    i have the same system as sdmike, got it done in february have had no problems, i used monza pacesetter tips, slash cut chrome. don't know the gas mileage or increased hp, did it just for looks and that nice performance sound.
  • Options
    what else, hmmm trying to keep us on top. lets see i must get me some of that Zaino leather treament, so far everything from Z is super. try the tire gloss the best i've ever used and i've used them all.
  • Options
    haven't got anything on this. don't worry they will send out a card.
  • Options
    I love it. Not greasy. Absorbs nicely. Great leather smell.

-M
  • Options
    You won't believe this...my neighbor 5 doors down has the exact same car as you do. Maybe I'll ask her if I can take a picture in front of my house for you. lol
  • Options
    scotianscotian Member Posts: 1,064
    The MAX 6461 bulbs can replace the 212-2 bulbs in the doors. They are brighter and whiter than OEM bulbs. Almost too bright.

The Eaglite 194 bulbs are whiter, and perhaps brighter, than the 192 bulbs in the map lights. I will soon find out if the MAX 194 bulbs are the same, and some other 194-sized bulbs. I suspect that they are all the same 12V 5W blue-coated bulbs.

http://www.midnightmoose.com/marker.htm

I have also ordered a few other blue-coated bulbs from other companies. I'll post my findings.

I installed the Xenon bulbs from midnightmoose.com and although they are a higher wattage than OEM and are not as dark blue as other bulbs, the light output is disappointing -- it just looks like I put a light-robbing blue filter in front of the lens. And I had to remove the front fascia to install them! I had hoped for the same results as the 212-2 replacements.

HerrmDogg -- Do you think these work better than OEM?

I would think that if Xenon bulbs were brighter, at least one company would offer them with no blue coating. A higher Kelvin color temperature is meaningless if less light gets through. Maybe if the blue coating were cut down by 2/3 they would be acceptable.
  • Options
    some more mods for you guys to consider;

http://www.chryslerpro.com/pictures.htm
  • Options
    300michael300michael Member Posts: 1,815
    where did you get those clear front trun/marker lights? They are just what I am looking for. I like your front screen is it the NAV system? Lots of great ideas.
  • Options
    bluestecbluestec Member Posts: 11
    Just a quick suggestion about cleaning engines since a couple of you posted about it.

When rinsing, instead of a garden hose hooked up to an exterior faucet, you might try one of those pressurized sprayers used for bug or weed control. You know, the ones that have a tank, usually plastic, a hand air pump that screws into the top to pressurize the tank, and a hose with a wand plus flow control valve. You have more control over where the water goes and can adjust between spray and stream. You can use water of different temperature, as deemed appropriate for a particular job, something not available with the garden hose method. It doesn't have the potential for the higher pressure provided by the garden hose but that's not usually needed when rinsing down an engine after applying the engine cleaner product. Just remember, as with the garden hose method, to use something to prevent water from going into places (like your alternator) where it shouldn't be going.

I have a pressurized sprayer that is never used with anything but clean water or water with some detergent/cleaner. That way, I never have to worry about any chemical residue from using a sprayer that had insecticide or other chemicals in it.
  • Options
    I wish I could say those mods were mine--but I found them posted on the Yahoo Groups 300M site--a guy named KyleKeith---maybe you can ask him on that board--he just posted yesteday--he sure did some first class mods
  • Options
    The only mods I like in that whole series are the bright white turn signal/parking lights in the front. Only problem is, I think they're illegal. :/
  • Options
    well stereo I did, I have no need for Tv's in my M, I hate all that fake crome grill insert stuff, I like my 4 disc in dash changer, & I hate that clear light(ie-rice burner)look. I do find it funny though that the guy used the SPORT emblem from the Ford explorer Sport(which I have)
  • Options
    taking the lettering off my 300M, & leak testing it this weekend. It did nothing but rain very hard, had lightning, & a report of a tornado in central FL this weekend. Next weekend I have a weeding, then I leave for NYC(another road trip for my 40K mile 1 year 8 month old M:)
  • Options
    Can't you take the letters off next weekend after your're done weeding, or is your garden huge? ;-)
  • Options
    So I can't spell....:)
    I ment wedding.
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Easyrider300M-- The wing emblem is 4857279-AA from Wyckoff off the net at $25.93. It looks great on the trunk above the lock. Curved fit was essentially perfect.

The wheel medallions are called "ornament" part no. 4805455-AB and are for one of the vans, but they really set off the razor star wheels nicely at $15.08 each. I used some shoe goo in the factory manufactured opening that were on the back of them. So far with the factory stickum and the goo they have stuck like glue, and I have been in very hot weather and running 60-65mph so I think they will stay on ok.

I got the 300M trunk medallion, and then I cut the flag off the bottom and put the 300 on the center taillight. It was part no. 4805286-AC at $18.45. Unfortunately, having almost flunked "shop" in jr. high, my efforts to separate the flag from the 300 without scratching the chrome at the bottom of the numbers was only moderately successful. The two end numbers were a cinch, but the center 0 had a lot of contact area with the flag and I wasn't patient/skilled enough to do as good a job as someone with more skill/better tools could have. I added some touch-up silver on the area and it looks ok. Anyway, the idea is sound, and the 300 does look nice on the back, especially when the brake light is on. You have to be really within a foot of the trunk to see that I have some scratches on the 300 numbers. A second pair of hands or a vice would have helped.

Rogor2k--Try the wheel medallions. The do look great. Also I am placing a check order hopefully today and will advise on the results.

SDMike-- Consider a simple 300M design on the hats but tilt the numbers/letter in that NASCAR style like was on Earnhardt's car. And raised lettering would be super. I think the posted design is a little too "busy" for the front of the hat. Just my .02.
  • Options
    grunschevgrunschev Member Posts: 106
    Liscense plate covers -- In Scottsdale these plate covers are considered illegal, as they obstruct the view of the plate. People do get tickets for them.

SmarTire -- My tire guys do not recommend this system (yet). They have had issues with the mounting straps breaking and they feel the units are too large, making it very difficult to mount the tires without damaging the unit. As a side note, they think the ones offered on the Corvette are better (but they cost $140 a corner and may pose other installation problems).

Igor
  • Options
    avalanche165avalanche165 Member Posts: 558
    awww man, he beat me to it, the headrest lcd screens are already on order for me, i am hoping to get by the end of this week so i can do an install while its in the shop....oh wellz...

he's got some good stuff, i bet that exhaust sounds good.
  • Options
    How about some pictures of your trunk badge mods when you get a chance.
  • Options
    I got a ticket for mine in NYC. Cop was looking for tickets that night. It was a weeknight at about 12:30am. I was parked on a residential street, down the block I'm sitting on my friend porch talking, & this unmarked car pulls up, stops next to my car, & I watch has he writes the ticket. I go over & ask what's he's doing, & he explains that the cover is illegal. I say to him, I have FL tags & it's not in FL, he laughs, & tells me if I say another word he'll give me more for the window tint, & have me take it off right there. Gota love those NYC cops. There 2nd to LA cops for bad reps. I wrote a nice note with the ticket saying I was outraged, & I now know why the NYC cops aren't liked etc etc. I got out of it. :)
  • Options
    what a jerk.
  • Options
    All -

Here is a link to a page that I'm maintaining with all types of information that is uncovered in this group. You'll find 300M official specification sheets (more information than you can digest), the part number document, an oil filter study, tire sizing guide, and other information. There is also a link to the 300mclub.org links page that has links to various vendors of 300M gear. Take a look sometime.

http://www.ritchiefamily.com/links.htm

• Options
    If you want to try seperating the trunk emblem 300 from the shield section again, I'll mail you the one I took off; the shield section is damaged and I have no other use for it.
  • Options
    herrmdoggherrmdogg Member Posts: 69
    Hey guys long time no talk. I apologize for not posting for a while but I've been a bit busy (yeah yeah). I just wanted to drop a note to say "WHAT'S UP", see how everyone and their "M" is doing and to let everyone know that I have updated my website so please be sure and visit and leave me some feedback.

http://members.cardomain.com/herrmdogg

Yet another note, I would like to thank SCOTIAN for making up the clock overlay for me, it looks great. I will update my site with pics as soon as I put the overlay on. Also SCOTIAN, those Xenon hyperwhite bulbs ARE better than stock. I have them for my high and low beams as well as my trunk lights, door lights, map lights and glove box lights.

Yet another note, I really love that guys clear front turn signal markers. Anyone know where he got them? His head unit looks really familiar, the Alpine CVA-1005 (the one I used to have but I upgraded to the Alpine IVA-800).

Below is a pic of my new switchbox for my air suspension. Please go to my website to see all of my pics.

• Options
    Note that it's not an overlay so much as an underlay to the existing transparent clock face plastic -- don't try to cut a circle out of it!

All -- What kind of bulbs do our fog lights take and where can I find overwattage blue-tinted replacement bulbs? If I'm going to keep these blue headlights, I need to have matching blue fog lights...
  • Options
    man that's big.
  • Options
    good luck on the wind deflector. ;)
  • Options
    Nice thing to have for $10 if anyone is interested. (Pat, I'm not the seller)

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1168395417

• Options
    This guy is selling a couple of chrome 300M rims for about $200 each.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=593543801&r=0&t=0

• Options
    herrmdoggherrmdogg Member Posts: 69
    Does anyone know how to contact that guy that has the clear turn signal lenses? I went to the website http://www.chryslerpro.com/ and it says for questions send an email BUT THERE IS NO ADDRESS !?!?!?!? WTF is up with that ?!?!?!?!

EASYRIDER300M - Do you have a way of contacting this guy? You said you saw him in a chat room on Yahoo! or something. If you know how to reach him can you let me know please?

Thanks !!

• Options
    To heck with pics of the car -- I want pics of the woman in the white outfit! :-)

I wonder how hard it is to get the rear turn signal red like that.
  • Options
    fastdriverfastdriver Member Posts: 2,273
    SDMike2-

I'd love that pic! Do you think your neighbor would mind? Does it have a ZAINO shine? :-)) I gave up trying to superimpose my car in front of your house! Can you blame me after what you saw!! LOL.. I only have some minimum software that came with my SONY digital camera. It lets me crop and erase etc., but when I go to save it and open it again, the background all comes back? I have an old version of Photoshop at work. I could try it there one of these days, but I'm leaving for West Palm Beach this Thursday for about 17 days. I'll try it when I get back. In the meantime, you could explain to your neighbor WHY you want to use their car for a prop! LOL.. Thanks.

I'm going to have to find web access somewhere in FL. I dread the thought of 17 days away from this group. It'll take me 2 months to catch up on all the messages that I miss.

fastdriver
  • Options
    Just got mine. So, how should I wire this thing up, again? I've got a 10ga 30A-fused wire direct to the battery +12 ready...