Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda MPV Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Not all in this world are coffee drinkers. It's just fun to sit back and poke fun at those with the addiction. hehehe

:)
  • javadocjavadoc Member Posts: 1,167
    ...The dark side is the easy way. Give in, drink, DRINK the dark essense! Mwuahahahahaahaha!!

Blacklx, I'm envious of your sister...but then it wouldn't be a good idea to be a pusher when I'm an "addict", LOL!

--java
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    ....nothing beats a slab of Dana's java in the Roadhouse Cafe. No mugs required! ;-)

Glad to see old and new MPV owners here! I was beginning to think you didn't like me. :-(

KarenS....always the needy one.
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • blondemom1blondemom1 Member Posts: 90
    Hey gal, how's things? Of coarse we like you, we just weren't sure we could all just chat over here. I guess we can. We kept slipping off topic over in problems (not much of those to talk about).

Grab a cup and stay awile. I was going to get my third, but I'm out of amaretto cream, so two will have to suffice. I'm leaving tomorrow for Ohio to see my brand new nephew. Can't wait. It'll only add about 450 more miles to my van. After 42,000, what's a few hundred more?
  • alexv1nalexv1n Member Posts: 248
    I guess it's me to blame (or praise! :-) for moving people over here. I thought originally it would be a good idea to create a new forum (cafe) to host all those coffee drinkers, coffee haters and the rest (I guess those who don't know what coffee is). But it appears Meet the Members is just fine for us, right guys and gals?

Anyway, I guess now Drew and Steve will think we stopped liking them because nothing is left to talk about in the MPV forums once we have moved all our off-topic rumblings over here :-)

Have a good one, everybody!
  • blacklxblacklx Member Posts: 60
    Blondemom have fun with the nephew.

I can't believe the kid of miles you have. We'll probably have around 1,000 after 2 months.

Can you tell my kids aren't big enough to have to run around?
    Yeah, blondemom is racking up the miles. Good to know her MPV is going great. We'll barely have 25,000 miles before the warranty runs out! Have fun with the baby!

--javadoc
    I'm not leaving until the morning, after the little brat's baseball game. (said with love)

Daughter's h.s. softball team beat the 2000 IL state champs tonight. She caught the game and went 1 for 2 (with a sacrifice bunt) at the plate. No stolen bases or passed balls either. Our pitcher had a perfect game going until the 7th inning, where she gave up 3 hits with one run. The tieing run was on second when a hit went into center field. The center fielder threw it home, and my daughter held onto the ball after a collision at the plate, for the out. Pretty exciting finish.
  • msgjvhmsgjvh Member Posts: 196
    Your gushing with pride!! I can see it from here!
    I can't even believe how many miles I have on this thing! Where has the time gone? All is well though. I think you all have many more miles of happy, trouble-free zooming to go!!
    Yes I am! But I'll be gushing more when the scholarships start coming in!

• msgjvhmsgjvh Member Posts: 196
    I hope I don't show my age here, but, do any of you remember the days of the CB break? What is the possibility of having a MPV break. We may have to do several on both coasts. We could do them the same day and have a web cam session. That would be kewl!!
    WTG on the softball game.
    ....thanks for the hugs. :-)

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • billmckinleybillmckinley Member Posts: 167
    If you think we're a slap-happy group, giddy with the pleasure of our purchase--and we are, God bless us--go check out the Hyundai Santa Fe boards. Those guys are positively manic! By comparison to them, we're a bunch of disgruntled Windstar owners.
    The SF seems like a pretty good SUV. I test drove it and liked it well enough, just couldn't swing the deal when I was looking. Then when I was in the position to swing it, They'd become scarce. And besides, by then, I falen into a thoroughly requited love affair with you-know-what.
    Give them a look. Talk about happy campers!

RJ.
    They have good reason to celebrate. Their SUVs just got some very good ratings from the IIHS on the 40mph offset collision. Although the repair costs on the 5mph were high, it appears to be a rather safe vehicle.

...you wouldn't have gotten to experience the unique odoriferous qualities of "the prez" if you'd have gone for the SF.

--j
    some pleasures are too fragile to quantify. I'll always treasure [and dine out on] the fragrant moments I've spent with "the prez." They've become part of his personality.

Hmmn. I wonder if his namesake had similar problems. A small human touch forever lost to history.

Anyway, no regrets about my relationship with "the prez." The SF was a might-have-been, nothing more.

RJ
    I'm beginning to see some MPV's around Pittsburgh. I found one in my own neighborhood, about two blocks away, and another one popped up in a driveway on my way to work. And today--miracle of miracles!-- I actually had the chance not only to park next to one [great looking 2000 Emerald green], but to talk to the owner, who seemed, BTW, to be quite bright, Javadoc.

Wow, after two dry months, that's three sightings in a little over a week. I think our secret's getting out, guys.

RJ
  • dbs2001dbs2001 Member Posts: 46
    I, too, have another one on my block - '00 White DX.

Dennis
  • pjd58pjd58 Member Posts: 366
    last week I saw a new Sand Mica LX in a driveway in my subdivision, RATS. It still had temp. tags and the same dealership's license plate holder. In fact, I'm sure we almost took that van, but it didn't have side airbags. Maybe they saw us crusing our neighborhood and said " I love that van":) I've seen about 8 MPVs in the past couple of weeks. Sand Mica and Emerald Green seem to be the most popular colors in Central Ohio. I saw a Teal, which are rare, and it looked real nice.

Sand Mica owners are a notch above those Green owners.........lololololol
  • alexv1nalexv1n Member Posts: 248
    There are pretty many MPVs cruising around here in Ottawa. And I must say, most popular color here is silver. I wanted originally Rainforest Green but dealer couldn't locate it. Highlight Silver was my second choice so we got it too. Sand was the original intention but then I figured out the tan interior to be too bright, so we just narrowed everything to gray inside. Probably many goes the same route and end up with Silver. Looks nice but there are too many around here (not that many as Dodge Caravans, though :-)
  • firecapt26firecapt26 Member Posts: 8
    We just purchased our Silver LX last evening and are beyond happy.... I'm a 43 old that works as a fire captain-paramedic here in San Diego County. My wife (age omitted) is a domestic engineer-warden of our little "compound of love". I have two children, boy (10) and girl (7).

As much as I would like to take credit for the vehicle choice, this one goes to the wife. Started out wanting a Odyssey but quickly came to the realization that this car had some "issues" (california term for mental tick of unknown origin). Looked at the Sienna till I got to know the Toyota staff (now I know why some fish eat their young). Through all this the wife kept telling me "I want the MPV".... hats off to ya babe...

Mark
    I must say that your choice(Silver LX) is second to none. :)
    Glad you made the decision for the MPV. It's becoming an ever more popular choice.

Welcome to the Club!

--javadoc
    With all these MPV sightings, I'm not feeling so special. We went to the tulip fields Sunday and I remarked to my husband about how nice it was to have a van that's different. Then we saw another MPV...

I have noticed that the ads do not have many listed. I think that people are finding out about them and bought the remaining stock and dealers don't have many in right now. At least not in our area.

I have actually only seen the red, black and white on the roads here. Hopefully with this booming popularity it will help the resale value, not that we intend on selling it anytime soon...
  • crissmancrissman Member Posts: 145
    Hey ya'll and yunz. I'm a long time (18 month) thoroughly satisfied owner of a silver LX. I've also been lurking and occasionally commenting in these boards for even longer. We certainly are a bunch of happy campers. I've now got about 22,000 miles with no troubles. Even the tires may be good for another 10,000. If you care, I'm an ex-Yankee who grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh in the 50's and 60's, came south for college and never left. I don't miss the snow, but you sure can't get good lasagna or hoagies here in NC. My family consists of one wife, one son (12 yrs.), and two cats. Our other vehicle is a '95 Odyssey which we also love. Like so many of us, we initially figured the new "trip" car would be another Odyssey. I'm sure glad Mazda came through, and I had sense enough to check it out. My thanks go out to all you more regular posters for keeping me entertained and informed.
    WB to the fold.

We don't hear from many mk1 Ody owners. I always liked those...they remind me of the old Civic awd wagons, one of those cars that is just the right size for just the right people. We actually shopped for those right before we bought our MPV (we didn't intend on spending $23k for a car at that time...but fell in love w/ the MPV), thought it just a hair small for our "trip car" as you so perfectly put it.

Glad you love the MPV and that it's going strong!

--javadoc
    Isn't this forum jumping today!
    Welcome to the group, firecapt, and congratulations on the van. You're gonna love it! And I'll second Java's welcome back to Crissman. We spend some time in NC every summer--Wilmington area. Love it; it's a beautiful, gracious old town that seems just big enough to be interesting and just small enough to to be cozy and easy to get to know. Actually thinking about retiring down there in a few years. We like being near the ocean.

You know, pjd58, Sand Mica owners are normally too modest to make any claims about our natural superiority, but damn! you sure hit the nail on the head.
    ;>))

RJ
    ...if only because I could drive to "The Rock" and watch 'Cup races there.

But, by the time I retire, we prolly won't even have cars powered by fossil fuels. It's *that* far off.

/dreaming

--java
    I probably should have put "retiring" in quotation marks. On a Catholic high school teacher's pension, about he only "retiring" I'll be able to do is to sit down more when I teach.
    ;} :(

RJ
  • maryholmesmaryholmes Member Posts: 15
    Hi to everyone!

I am an elementary Art teacher with a 22 mile commute to work (44 round trip.) I have a husband who is retired from the Navy, and is now a city manager, and an 18year old son who is graduating this month.

I just bought a new 2001 Mazda MPV LX yesterday. (I drove my son to his prom in it, last night.)

I debated between silver and sand mica, but I'm very glad I went with sand mica. I love my new van and have already put over 200 miles on it. (We don't live close to anything.) I would like to thank everyone who contributes to these postings. They have all really helped me with the big decision, of which van to buy.
    Welcome to the elite club of MPV owners! Although silver would have been tops, sand is quite acceptable. :)
    I think the secret is getting out. When we purchased our 2000 MPV in late February, there were several MPV's advertised in the newspaper. Now there are none in the classified section and the only ones in the ads are the base Dx's. I'm not sure what the stock is like at the dealers but ours didn't get any more in as of a couple of weeks ago when we were there.

It looks like we're setting a trend...
    You showed incredible good sense and impeccable taste, both in choosing the MPV and most especially in your choice of color. Tasteful buyers [especially tasteful buyers who are lazy and hate washing cars] *always* get the Sand Mica.

;)

RJ
  • maryholmesmaryholmes Member Posts: 15
    I must admit, I fall into that "I hate to wash cars" category. The discussions on how the sand mica looks pretty good even when dirty, were responsible for my final color decision.
    I wanted one of those "good when dirty" colors but ended up with black which looks great when spotless, but otherwise it looks dirty. I asked my husband to wash it because he won't let me use water at home to wash it. He didn't have any soap with him and it came home not much cleaner. (He couldn't find the soap.) Ugh, maybe if I wash it at home next time, he'll look harder.
    We have one of those "not bad when dirty" colors -- Rainforest Green. At least it's better than my "green, almost black" Infiniti. BTW, I'm not heavy into washing & waxing either. I use Zaino for my cars which is easy to put on & take off. The original price is hefty, but it lasts for a long time if you put it on thin as they suggest. If you are interested, check out the Zaino topic.

Dennis
    glad to meet another Sand Mica lover:) We have had our Sand Mica LX for one month, and love it. I washed the van this past weekend and the color seemed to change, ever so slightly when viewed from different angles. So far not a single mark or scratch.......Oops! @#$%&*!!! I just jinxed our van:)
    Thank goodness Mazda just sent us our touchup paint in our welcome kit. They also sent us a 35mm camera.
    Well, not totally, just all this talk of Sand Mica MPVs reminds me that I'll be sunning myself on the beach in SoCal in about 9 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes (but who's counting?)...dodging Maltb's smog clods, heheheh.

What is, to me, more important, is that it is at this moment...SNOWING right outside my office window! I wish I had my webcam hooked up and pointing outside at the house, and I'd link to it, but this

is all you'd see right now 8-). May first and it's snowing? I'm going to *love* going to SoCal on vacation and exiting this place for a while.

/rambling

--javadoc

We never received a Mazda Welcome kit and I've seen other referals to it. Is there anything that we need to do to get it? I'd like the touch up paint, we did get some info but no good stuff. Just paper propaganda. Is it from the dealer or Mazda? We've had our van 2 months now.
    comes from Mazda. It has a nice quick reference guide along with the touchup paint. No camera in ours though. Note: We bought our Mazda Feb 3 & the kit came about Mar 23.

Dennis
    We got the reference info but no paint. I wonder if I should call them? I'll wait a little while and see if anything come then call.

Thanks for the info on the kit.

Maybe I'm not welcome at Mazda, honestly, I wasn't a bad customer.
    Official Mazda Response:

"Due to the nature of black paint, we are working on touch-up paint by the gallon. As soon as we have developed a solution, we will forward the bucket"

comes from Mazda, but your dealer has to order for you. We received the camera separate from the Welcome Kit. The camera was sent stating " Thanks for buying another Mazda", since my wife owned a 626 and I own a Protege.
    Black wasn't my top choice believe me. It was either that or a blue DX. I wanted some options though.

We were going to get a white Ody. I wanted something different and I didn't see too many white ones around. With the money we saved, we can get a couple of new paint jobs every few years.

We might have been able to shop around for another color but one dealer I talked to was a lot more $. I think they were taking the rebate off the MSRP instead of invoice, I probably could have talked them down though. It was the dealer who had the MPV at ebay with the RES.

We love the van even though it's black. It does look sharp when it's clean.

I may have to call the dealer about the package.

Thanks for the info.
    This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Now, that's not fair Karen...to the rest of the people, since we all know that our MPVs kick asphalt! lol

--javadoc
    Are you TRYING to start trouble?! What's the matter, things been a little dull lately? Geez Louise, Karen, you're playing with dynamite here. Now I gotta go and apply a coat of wax to my suit of armor.

;>

RJ
This discussion has been closed.