Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MB M-Class Owners: Meet the Members

Comments

• Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    I spoke to Dana/Community Manager and they are trying to get all the Club chats set up on

Tuesdays: 4-5pmPT/7-8pmET

-or-

Thursdays: 5-6pmPT/8-9pmET, 6-7pmPT/9-10ET, 7-8pmPT/10-11pmET (This last time would be kind of late for East coast, but is available if you want it.)

The first scheduled chat would be March 6 or 8.

Let me know what time works for you!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • bargamonbargamon Member Posts: 302
    Im Bargamon. I am a MB-aholic. I have bought two silver vehicles in the last year. IN april I Leased a ml320, silver with black, and bought a Silver 01' E-430 in Late november. I just can't stop. I would not drive any other brand. Seems silly to have the 6 cyl in the truck and 8 in car, but my wife wanted the 6 in her truck and enjoys very good milage. She is very happy with it, and its a great family car. We ski and travel quite a bit with 2 kids. She has 18k in 10 months. We use a thule ski box for heavy travel and prefer the flexability of small performance oriented ride over suburban. We have and use the jump seats for short treks. No problems with this vehicle to date.. Run mobil one. I have not tweeked the lights, and only add ons were integrated lighted dealer runningboards and bug/rock deflector. Only thing Im not happy is the tires (general) are wearing out, but evenly.
    Starting on March 6 and every Tuesday after, 6-7pm Pacific/9-10pm Eastern. More info later!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • kjookjoo Member Posts: 27
    I went to the local mall and what did I see, i think it was a 2002 ML 320 it had my front end and a redesigned bumper it looks like a ML55 . Now I think i want to trade mine in.
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    No, that's the '01 ML with the optional $3000+ Sport Package.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket and Accessories message boards
  • kjookjoo Member Posts: 27
    I thought they were going to redesign them this year. Or was that next . Well I hope it doesnt look like mine. You mean i could have saved 30000 dollars. Wait I love mine.
  • ml320hugomnjml320hugomnj Member Posts: 9
    Hi all. I'm Hugo or ml320hugomnj here. Proud owner of an 01 black 320 moonroof and CD changer. Great snow and highway car. Trouble free so far (2k Mi.).
  • wedgebunnywedgebunny Member Posts: 14
    I'm the proud owner of a '01 ML320, Desert Silver/Java with all the goodies and just 5K miles so far. Even had those hidden integrated front fog lights activated (I highly recommend doing this). It throws a beam left and right so the edges of the road are much easier to see at night, cost (dealer dependent) is around $75 to $100, basically labor.

Can't say my little gem has been trouble free, tranny freaked out, had some crazy squeaks and other silly things, but MB took care of it and compensated me for my troubles. I'm quite pleased.

This is not my first MB and won't be my last.
    Especially after this winter in the Northeast. I am quite impressed with how the ML handled the heavy and deep snow.
  • roger23roger23 Member Posts: 48
    Hi! This is Roger from Ontario, Canada. I purchased a 1998 ML320 in early 1998. I traded this for a 2000 ML430 in Sept.1999, and I have added a lot of options: front brushguard, rear trailer hitch, lighted side steps, changed the MB "fweep fweep" horns to Hellas, CD changer, integrated MB digital phone, Memory seats, Nav System, Trunk liner and trunk nets, plus halogen reverse lights.IMHO, I prefer the additional power of the 430. Just last week, I put a deposit on a 2002 ML500!As you can probably guess I am really happy with the ML's.
  • lsl1207lsl1207 Member Posts: 6
    I have a '00 ML430. At 20k I needed new brakes. Now at 26K I need a new transmission. My dealership is Autohaus in Pompano,Florida. They are the worst people I ever dealt. After saying it was repaired and it still bucked wildly and was dangerous to drive (they provide loaners)they found tarns. bad &want me to p/u car until a new transmission. comes in. They said they won't pay for loaner until then. refuse to give loaner back until mine is fixed.What recourse do I have???
  • cavman2xcavman2x Member Posts: 26
    I am Gary from NJ. I just bought a 01 ML320 for the wife. This is her first SUV, she finally got the "van thing" out of her system. She got tired of being taxi-mom. This was the only SUV she liked. She hated the size, looks, or ride of everything else. The only other one we considered was the MDX but we couldn't get one till 6-01. Were glad we didn't. All said the ML seemed like a better value with the MDX going for over MSRP$. We are both looking forward to a rewarding experience. In all honesty I haven't been this excited about a new car since my 81 Mustang Cobra (aah...to be 20 again!!)Lately cars have been a necessary evil that would be punished (sold) as soon as they started disrespecting me. I am sure that won't be the case here. Later, G
  • ememelememel Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm Michelle from California. I'm the happy owner of a 2000 ML320. I used Edmunds quite a lot to help me decide on my purchase last April, and have continued to find it a great source for information.
    See you around!
  • biker5biker5 Member Posts: 199
    Where at in CA you from? BTW welcome to the crowd.. I'm from SOCAL.
  • walcwalc Member Posts: 11
    I'm Lee Clarke from Salisbury, MD, USA.
    I traded my 2000 E55 for a 2001 ML430, at Phillips Mercedes, in Virginia Beach, VA, a month ago.
    I liked the E55 very much; but, I wanted an suv and couldn't afford both. I'm quite pleased with the ML; despite the fact that the power steering rack/steering box had to be replaced at 600 miles.
  • ememelememel Member Posts: 5
    Me and my ML are in Los Angeles.
    Michelle
  • matthiaspmatthiasp Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I'm the prospective owner of a M-Class car in Germany. Can anyone tell me whether there is an option to get TV reception via the Comand system?
    Thanks, Matthias
    The Edmunds.com Drivers' Opinion Panel has just launched. This initiative will further establish Edmunds.com as the voice of the consumer by becoming a key source for automotive market research. Through this initiative Edmunds.com will send traffic to the Opinion Panel promotion and registration area. Members of the panel will participate in key market research studies for Automotive OEMs and related companies on-line as opposed to more traditional market research methods.

To become a member of the panel, please visit

Drivers' Opinion Panel

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • karen58karen58 Member Posts: 1
    hello
    Please take a look at Owner's Club Changes to offer your opinion.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• lionahtlionaht Member Posts: 2
    proud owner of a '00 ml430 with m3 package...11k miles, black opal...BEAUTIFUL
  • sduff1sduff1 Member Posts: 11
    I'm Sam. Last Sept I went to Vance, AL and p/u my black/java 00 ML320 loaded: phone, cd, 3rd seat, heated seats. I just love it! I've had a 00 GMC Yukon XL and a 99 Navigator, hated the gas mileage. I have 18000 miles on it now with no major problems. I'm interested in the 2002 new stuff. I'll upgrade to that one just for the new look! I put the ML55 grill, chrome headlight and marker light rings, chrome rings @ a/c controls. Looks much better. I have a "Stowaway" that I can carry extra luggage in so my 2 boys can have their own seats...
    Sam
  • fried13fried13 Member Posts: 7
    Bought the wife an ML430. Traded a 97 Eddie Bauer Explorer. Ride is worth it. Having some problems wih radio/gps - acts as if overheating and shuts down - 3 times since puchase. Still a warranty issue, but has anyone had the same experience?
    Fried
    Some of you will notice that your messages from yesterday no longer exist. There was a major hiccup in the system last evening. Edmunds.com apologizes sincerely for the difficulties this situation poses. Please rest assured that every effort is being expended to rectify this matter as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • cjgordoncjgordon Member Posts: 32
    Hi from the Big Easy. Just purchased flawless '99 ML320 with 14,000 miles on it for $28,000. Other than sunroof, brush bar, and side rails, no bells and whistles. I added CD changer and Thule rack for my windsurfer.

Chris Gordon
    New Orleans
  • kingscorpiankingscorpian Member Posts: 16
    Hay this is KINGSCORPIAN from New York, Take a look

M3 Package - Memory Feature for Power Front Seats

Power Front Seats

Privacy Glass

Bose Premium Audio System with Integrated 6-disc CD Changerose Premium

Power tilt/sliding tinted Sunroof

Mudflaps, Window Vent Visors

Front & Rear Grill Guard With Side Steps and Tail Light Guard

Stainless Steel Tail Pipe Tip

Hansfree Speaker Phone

Tweeters in front doors

Here is the link.Please copy & paste in your browser

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1432089&a=12827804&f=0

This week's topic:

My vehicle is better than yours because....

Brag about your ride on Tuesday, May 8, 5-6pm PT/8-9pm ET in the new News & Views Weekly Chat

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

Is anyone out nearing the end of your lease, or maybe even not that close to the end, but are already getting offers to buy the vehicle from the lessor? It doesn't matter if you plan to take the offer or not. Does this describe your situation? If so, please post your story in our discussion Talk to the Press, or respond directly to Jeannine Fallon, our PR Director at Edmunds jfallon@Edmunds.com. As always, your identity will be protected at your request.

Thanks much!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • bombetsbombets Member Posts: 2
    My name is Rick and I am new to this forum. I have a 2000 Black ML320 with 17000 miles. This is my first Mercedes and I love it despite the fact that I've had a visit too many to the dealership for minor problems.
  • megasuvownermegasuvowner Member Posts: 64
    Im sorry, i dont own an M-Class, its a nice car, but id figure that since i have an SUV built by Mercedes-Benz, that i can chill in here until a G-Class chat is formed.

I own a 1996 Mercedes-Benz Gelaendewagen G500 4dr, which i bought from Europa Imports in Santa Fe, New Mexico. That is the only dealership in the US that sells them( until 2002 when all Mercedes dealerships will recieve them) It really is a great truck that i recommend to anyone who is interested. If you are not familiar with it, it is basically an S-Class version of an SUV. They have the G320, G420, G500, and AMG G55. They come in Coupes, Convertibles, and Four Door models.

I also own an S500, which i bought for my wife. I purchased it from EuroMotorcars in Bethesda, Maryland. Great dealership which also services my G-Wagen.
    I hope you don't mind telling us how much did you pay for your "G" back then, You know you can get it for les than a 100K when the new one comes out.
    enjoy it and welcome to the board. Have you done any off roading with your "G"? tell us something about it.
  • megasuvownermegasuvowner Member Posts: 64
    um, back in 96 my G500 was just under $145k. the 2002 one will be around $72k. I really feel sorry for the people who JUST got there g-wagens like a 2000 or 2001 model, they are the ones who will commit suicide. I took it offroading once in Virginia with some buds way back in 96 and i remember stopping, saying to myself "What am i doing?", this car is great offroad, dont get me wrong, but i remembered that for some reason if i dented it or crushed it, than i would have lost mucho dinero. So, the first thing i did was get out of the mountains and i headed home for the garage. I take it out only about 4 or 5 times a month to keep the miles down. So right now, it has just over 42,000 miles on it, and i dont think its that bad for a 1996. But i try to enjoy it as much as possible or else its not worth it.
    for the response..You are right just enjoy what we have now and and no ones know how long we are going to live...Life is short...
    Thanks.
  • whatwasthatwhatwasthat Member Posts: 23
    '01 ML-320, M1, M7, sunroof, Bose and heated seats. Desert Silver/Java.
  • djdjdjdj Member Posts: 111
    Black, ash leather, skyview roof (didn't really want it but liked the car and one hour after I got it home I loved it), M1, heated seats. I love this vehicle. Its got 19K miles so I don't have to worry about break-in period.
    Didn't add anything yet, but am debating a CD changed and brush bar with lights.
    Wish it weren't raining today so I could open the top...on the all the unnecessary errands I am running today just to drive it.
  • gpvsgpvs Member Posts: 214
    Congratulations on your ML. I had the same feeling when I first got my ML. Volunteered for all the errands just so I can drive around with the new car.
    Edmunds.com is looking for Community Leaders for MB M-Class Owners. Anyone interested? It isn't difficult and about the only thing we ask is that one CL attend the weekly chat.

Let me know!

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs
  • tlwwsotlwwso Member Posts: 12
    Hey ya'll, I'm Tim from Houston, TX. Last week my 2001 ML320 Sport Edition finally came in (Desert Siver/Java w/all the options). I enjoy driving it so much, my wife told me that I should just move into it. This is my first Mercedes-Benz and I'm really proud. I look forward to learning from everyone's posts. Thanks for the club.
    any question you may have just spit it out and a bunch of expert ML owners are around here.
    WELCOME Again TLWWSO
  • kevin90kevin90 Member Posts: 7
    I will be purchasing a new ML320 in a couple of weeks. I was wanting to order it with 17" rather than the standard 16" rims. Has anyone done this without the entire sport package?(I like the look of the 430 better but don't want to fork over the extra $6,000 CDN just because of the 17" rims)
  • bertram60bertram60 Member Posts: 113
    Have you gotten a price for just the wheels and tires. I would assume it will be something around $500 per wheel. The extra $4,000 CDN does get you a 4.3 V8 under the hood, not just the wheels.
  • neicey59neicey59 Member Posts: 47
    I finally did it! I purchased a 2001 ML320 in desert silver/java. The truck has the M1,M7, Bosew/6CD changer, and the sunroof. Has anyone ever added the navi system later?

Drew???!! are you out there?! thanks for all of your help! do you think the new side view mirrors LED's will ever be available for the earlier ML's???
  • neicey59neicey59 Member Posts: 47
    I finally did it! I purchased a 2001 ML320 in desert silver/java. The truck has the M1,M7, Bose w/6CD changer, and the sunroof. I have two questions.

Has anyone ever added the navi system later?

Where do I find a cargo mat to fix this vehicle
  • drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    Glad to see that you've taken the plunge and welcome to the Mercedes-Benz family! Yes, the navigation system can be added at anytime you wish. The drive can also play audio CDs (when the map disc is removed, of course), BTW.

You're most welcome! Regarding the LED turn signals, I'm not sure, but who knows. It's possible. Frankly though, it's redundant since we already have the fender mounted turn signals. The '02 model does not have these since the LED turn signals are supposed to replace them.

Hope to see you posting more now that you've a new vehicle. Feel free to ask any questions you wish and if possible, post a few pics for us in the M-class photo gallery discussion topic.

You can get a great black rubberised plastic cargo area tray/trunk organiser at your MB dealership. I have it and it works great! I can't imagine not having it at all. I've had it since the truck was brand new, so the carpet underneath is also brand new and very clean :-). The MB all-season floormats are also great. Make sure that you get the MY2000-current versions of both of these items since they are different from the '98 and '99 model years.

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
  • lemongrasslemongrass Member Posts: 21
    Hello everyone! I got my ML on June 13th, White/Ash with sunroof, cd changer, and Bose sys. I enjoy every minute driving that baby and proud to show it off to everyone I know. I have gotten some good compliment from people looking at my ML (not b/c my ML is any better than other ML but simply b/c it's a Benz SUV). Great forum, great people common interests, and a very informative site! Keep it up!

Vu (from the Big Easy)
  • djdjdjdj Member Posts: 111
    Congrats! Isn't it great! And it just keeps getting better. The more you drive it, the smoother it feels and you keep looking for other people to take for rides.

Don
  • jreyjrey Member Posts: 3
    I bought my new ML with M1, Bose, Heated Seats (outstanding)side bars, silver with dark charcoal interior. I'd like to upgrage to the 17" wheels for a sportier look. Has anyone done this? Does it affect the speedometer readings etc? Last question...how do I search on this ML site for specific questions such as the 17" upgrade?

Thanks for all your help.

James
  • samzurc1samzurc1 Member Posts: 19
    Hi. We finally got a 99 ML430 (ruby Red) with 19000 miles for under 35000. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow at fj mercedes in newport beach. have been combing the site for creeks and whines from this car ...so far so good (up to 1200 posts...nothing seroius yet...is it that bullet proof or are thre just so few of these out there ???love the people in this board...good rapport and comraderie...HOST(S) ARE DOING AN OUTSTANDING JOB!!!! BRAVO
    PS. WHERE CAN WE GET A THIRD SEAT FOR THIS CAR????
  • roger23roger23 Member Posts: 48
    Had a 1998 ML320, got a 2000 ML430 in late 1999, and just last Sat, took delivery of a 2002 ML500 Sport- brilliant silver/ash, including Nav., MB phone, parktronic, Xenons - all the toys. Another big improvement over model year 2000, (which was also way better than 1998).Compared to the 2000, the 2002 is much quieter, smoother, better finished, and completely rattle and squeak free. The sunroof when closed is now completely quiet, as I understand that MB completely redesigned the glass, seals, and track. IMHO, this 2002 version, is highly recommended!
  • mark156mark156 Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi Folks, My 2002 ML500 (Desert Silver/Java) is ordered and should be here in a few weeks. I had to wait because I wanted the parktronic. I also added the third seat option (M3), phone, bi-xenons, bose/6-cd, heated seats (M3), sunroof (M5), etc. I also ordered the CD package (discs for the whole country, $140) The ML should list out at $54,115, which is a wonderful price compared to the E-wagon. I also have a '00 E430 sport(silver/ash) that will accompany my ML in the garage. :o)

Mark
    2010 Land Rover LR4, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Bentley GTC, 1990 MB 500SL, 2001 MB S500, 2007 Lincoln TC, 1964 RR Silver Cloud III, 1995 MB E320 Cab., 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach
  • thecpathecpa Member Posts: 16
    Mine's silver/java with sunroof, 6 pack cd,and heated seats. Have clocked 12k miles in 18 months with no problems. My wrench just came up and its time for the first service. Also have a 79 300D and have had many other M/B over the years.
    Many great features on the truck. The safety system is truely amazing, I took it to about 40MPH in a wet deserted parking lot and jumped on the brakes and put a hard turn on it. I couln't get it to loose the rear end and spin out!
    The single greatest irksome feature to me is the sound system volume on the passenger side of the unit. The sound system is set up for controls on the wheel and for 40k they had to cut a corner at the expense of safety. (your hand sure isn't on the wheel while your adjusting volume) Minor but annoying. Does anybody have a novel solution? "HAPPY TRUCKING"
This discussion has been closed.