Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chrysler 300M: Accessories & Modifications

Comments

• chevydude2chevydude2 Member Posts: 36
    Just got a '00 300M and am curious if I can add the module to get daytime running lights? The 300M's in Canada have them -- anyone know how big a deal it is to do it?
  • gthomas22gthomas22 Member Posts: 3
    Can turbo chargers be installed on a 300m?
  • gthomas22gthomas22 Member Posts: 3
    Does this module install easy? Anybody have any problems with it, like hesitation...
  • stsmanstsman Member Posts: 8
    Just had a 5*install 2pr. custom molded splashguards..Total $92.00!The guards were $26.00prx2=$52.00.Labor $35.00.Tax$5.00.Seems the people you deal with sound a wee bit high?P.S.make sure you get the molded type,the flat K-Mart type stick out and look funny.Hope this helps you...Mr.Mopar
  • mikeyjohnmikeyjohn Member Posts: 365
    Chevydude, just go for it. It is plug and play and several in the US have added them. I also added the European side markers in the area where the 300M decals are on the front fenders and they look great and add to the safety factor. IMO.
  • frogmanfrogman Member Posts: 1
    I have a Dodge Magnum with the "top-of-the-line" AM/FM radio with CD/MP3 and navigation system. This very pricy system has an AM radio that gives very poor reception. We start to lose the local 50,000 watt, clear channel station about 20 miles out of town when we get a high-pitched whistle. It's completely gone about 30 miles out. Any similar experiences with Dodge/Chryslers? Any ideas?
    Frogman
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    The 300M radio works fairly well despite the "in the window" antenna, which I assume the newer Magnum design has too. I don't listen to AM very much but was looking for traffic reports out of WCCO Mpls this weekend, another hi power clear channel AM station on a Sunday morning (ground wave propagation only, no skip until after dark) and I was getting it fine 50 miles out. A nice FM jazz station that comes in 75% of the time on our Chrysler Jeep radio on the fringe 70 miles away is about 50% on the 300M: again I attribute it to similar radios but an external antenna on the Jeep vs in-window on 300M. Is your problem only AM? Could it be a bad ground, or bad radio front end?
  • farmerbillfarmerbill Member Posts: 4
    I broke the plastic housing of the right side mirror on my 2000 300M. The mirror works fine but looks bad. I haven't been able to find a new after-market mirror with memory or one from a junkyard around Louisville, KY and $200 more or less from a dealer for a new one seems kinda steep.

The used parts guys have quoted me $100 to $125, if they had one. Still kinda steep, but maybe that's as good as it gets.

It seems like the shell is the same for 300M's, Intrepids, Concordes and the LHS. Does anyone know if I can take the innards out of my broken shell and put them in a shell from a less expensive ( non-memory) mirror?

Any ideas or sources appreciated.
    Bill Carner

farmerbill, Corydon, Indiana
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    I don't think the Intrepid/Concorde mirrors are the same as the 300M. I could be wrong, though. You could use the LHS mirrors. And the memory feature isn't tied to the mirror itself. That is controlled by the Body Control Module and you could use any mirror that would connect and the memory fuction would still work.
  • gabrieltgabrielt Member Posts: 1
    i HAVE A 300M 2000 CAN YOU HELP ME TO FIND A PLACE TO BUY A STEERING WHEEL RING AT DESENT PRICE

tHANKS
  • 76triumph76triumph Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Not sure about the Turbo charger however have
    you thought of the "turbonator"
    check it out at www.turbonator.com

Alan
  • rdimcnealrdimcneal Member Posts: 1
    Hello fellow 300M fans. I am wanting to replace my current speakers and was wondering if anyone could provide me with help. My front center speaker is bad so I figured I would just put all new in. It seems like a bit of a challenge to replace the front center speaker. I've also seen info on wire harnesses. Can anyone help?
  • naatz1naatz1 Member Posts: 188
    Go look at the Problems/Solutions 300M board around postings 192-4 and 137-140. Lotsa info there on replacing and sizes of center speaker.
  • farmerbillfarmerbill Member Posts: 4
    Step by step illustrated instruciton here. I had my 00 300M singing again in less than half an hour.

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalChryslerConcorde1FTwtRa.htm :D
  • jonathan_216jonathan_216 Member Posts: 22
    can you interchange the tail lights from a 99 with 02's? Also are there cold air intakes available for the 300m's ?

Thanks Jonathan
  • rlowe38742rlowe38742 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 300M i also have a mp3 player, My car has the 4 cd changer, now does my factory radio have aa aux plug in the back so i can plug my mp3 player to it?

if not what are my options?
    No, it doesn't have the AUX plugs in the back. One option is to purchase the 6 disc CD/DVD changer that has the AUX input jacks on the front of it. It's a plug-n-play unit that you can order from any Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer. I've actually seen them on ebay, too.

Good luck.
  • nismo1nismo1 Member Posts: 5
    Hello:

I'm working on a project about turbo
    chargers and was wondering what has
    been the number one nagging problem
    with yours, if any?

Thanks for all input.
    if your not to shure and dont know anyone that does then definitely get some pro's to help ! if you mess up it would be like driving a wet sponge
    well not to shure about the headlight's i would rig something up to make them work if they fit securely in the plastic housing

but about the shudder if you havend already checked is to see if your tires are balanced proporly and your rotors are not warped

just a suggestion !
    Hey, nismo1, this is the 300M forum, not the 300Z forum. :shades: There's so many alpha-numeric car names nowadays that you can get confused.
    yeah i figured that out as soon sa i clicked submit...lol
  • timbo3334timbo3334 Member Posts: 1
    ok, i have a 2000 300m... some wheel sites say i can only get 19 inches on and some say 20 inches... any1 know what i can get on? also... i like the headlights but i like them better when i have the brights on. the car looks much better with 4 lights on but its too bright... anything i can do to make them lights always be on without blinding people?
  • bigboychoibigboychoi Member Posts: 1
    I bought the new 2006 300M and I am looking for some rims. What is better 20? or 22? do i need to change springs? HELP?!?!
    Forget the wheels! I think most people here want to know where you got a 2006 300M! :P
  • 300m300m Member Posts: 6
    Does anyone know where I could find a dual exhaust bumper for a 2001 Chrylser 300M??? All I'm looking for is a bumper with the extra slot on the other side for the dual exhaust pipes?
    There are instructions on the club website's message board on how to do it yourself. Or if you want to replace your tips with round ones, just order the 300M Special rear fascia.
    What club website message board are you referring to???? Also, when you say order the 300M Special rear fascia, do you mean the rear bumper for the 300M Special???
    Does anyone know where I can find clear turn signal lamps for the front bumper/fascia of a 2001 Chrysler 300M??? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!!!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    ...please read #8 in Rules of the Road.
    Does anyone know where I can find clear turn signal lamps for the front bumper/fascia of a 2001 Chrysler 300M??? Any feedback would be appreciated!!!!!
    I didn't realize my email was set to private. I changed the setting to public if you wanted to email that information to me. Good lookin' out!
  • theakwardonetheakwardone Member Posts: 7
    I just got a 2000 300m and I found a carbon fiber hood for a sebring that I'm not sure if it will fit or not :confuse: also I found a Body kit for a concorde that I am pretty sure will fit but I don't know all the specs of my car yet...I just bought it any feed back would be apriciated
    Neither of those will work on the 300M. The side skirts for the Concorde body kit might work, but the front and rear pieces will definitely NOT fit.
  • first300mfirst300m Member Posts: 8
    I need to replace the headlights on my 1999 Chrysler 300m because they have gotten very cloudy. I really like the newer, high intensity headlights on the 2004s, which look like they should fit my 1999. First, will they fit? Second, where can I buy them for less than the dealer charges?

Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Yes, they will fit. Check eBay to see if anybody is selling them. As I recall, the lights are $1,100 per assembly from the dealer. That's a mind-boggling $2,200 for a set and you might still have to buy the wiring harnesses for them. (That's for the projector beam HIDs found on the Special.) So unless you're bleeding money, you might want to do a search in this forum on how to clear up the cloudiness of what you have. The process has been posted several times and I believe everyone who tried it came away happy with the results. I think there have been a few folks who retrofitted some "normal" Xenon bulbs to their Ms. That will save you several hundred dollars, if not a couple grand, versus installing the Special headlight assemblies.

BTW, the only 300M that came with HID headlights was the Special from '02 to '04. If you see a regular 300M with HID, you might want to flag the person down and ask them where they got them.
  • sixfive215sixfive215 Member Posts: 13
    I just recently bought a 2002 Chrysler 300M and I am very pleased with it. I have a few questions that someone might be able to help me with. First one is, what is the Trac Off button used for? And two, where is the fog light switch to turn them on? :confuse:

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    The Trac Off button turns off traction control. That will let you burn a little rubber when you take off from a stop. And I've noticed that you get very slightly better acceleration with it off.

To turn on the foglights, pull out on the light switch.
  • first300mfirst300m Member Posts: 8
    Thank you!
    I recently bought a 2002 300M but it did not come with the manual. Can anybody tell me where I can get a manual from?
    You might be able to order one from the dealer. Or I can copy mine and email it to you for a substantial fee. :-)) Just kidding! You couldn't pay me to go through the hassle of doing that.

There's also an extremely slight chance that you could find it someplace online to download and print. I did that with a '99 Mustang GT I had once.
    Does the 2002 300M have a fuel infection system?
    Of course. (assuming you meant fuel injection, never heard of a fuel infection system)
    Hey all Desperatly need help finding replacement speaakers for the speakers in the windows I check out just about every brand of 3 1/2in speakers that are sold in my area and non fit can n e 1 tell me where I can find replacements or if they don't exist like I presume then can I make any mods to make it work with out screwing n e thing up?
    crutchfield.com
    yeah i tried crutchfield and they only show the sizes and speaker choices for the front door and the rear deck speakers not the window speakers. No one seems to know ne thing. would the center chanel speakers fit? Has n e one tried it?
    I believe there's been quite a few people who have replaced the front window (sail panel) speakers. Unfortunately, this forum isn't anywhere near as active as it was before the introduction of the new 300, so it's unlikely that you will hear from any of them.

A simple recommendation is to take the speaker out and go to your local audio shops and see if they can find something that will closely match/fit.
    thanks tay i apreciate the help unfortunaly for me the audio palce I usually go to around here doesn't have n e thing that would fit so I went online and e-mail infinity and pioneer and a bunch of other speaker companies hoping to hear back from them. I e-mail chrysler and the e-mailed me back saying is more words than this: go talk to the dealer n e ways thanks again
    N E one know how to take off the winshield washer jets? I tried and tried but I
    couldn't seem to get them off. I want to install the ones with lights on them
    but I cant the stupid things off :confuse:
    Does anyone have an Infinity Basslink Powered Subwoofer in their 300M? If so, would you recommend it? Is is powerful? Is the installation and wiring easy and not messy? I'm considering getting one that's why I have so many questions.
This discussion has been closed.