Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• airman72airman72 Member Posts: 19
    I am hearing some high-pitch grinding sound from somewhere near the engine block in my 02' PF SE. I've got less than 30k miles on it. It comes when I start up my car in the morning in the garage, and normally goes away after 30 seconds or so. In open-space parking lot, the sound isn't that noticable. Anyone experienced this? Is this normal?

Also, on the automatic climate control, the temperature can only go from 65F to 85F. Is that all 02' SEs get?
  • bimmer4mebimmer4me Member Posts: 266
    I did go to Auto Zone and DTC code read P1145, Intake Valve Timing Control Postiion Sensor, RH Bank 2. Took my 2001 PF LE in and of coarse the Nissan dealer insisted they have to do their own diagnostics to insure accurate reading of the DTC codes. They got the same reading of coarse and charged me 127.50 for labor (diagnosis,and resetting of the ECM) plus a new sensor @ 92.50. In the future, if the SES light comes on again, I'm going to try and ignore it. Ironically, the shuttle service back to work was a 05 Nissan Quest...I was sitting in the front passenger seat, and couldn't help notice their SES light was on as well.
  • rave2rave2 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same code come up when they pluged in the computer...Check engine light was on, they replaced the intake timing sensor...$ 84 for the part and $ 99 for 1 hour of labor.
  • whittonmwhittonm Member Posts: 30
    I removed the roof rack bars from my 2000 Pathfinder today. First, get some Torx Screwdrivers (cheapest at Walmart - I paid $5 for a full set, plus every other kind of screwdriver). Remove the front plastic retainers at the front of the tracks by unscrewing the single Torx screw holding each one in. Carefully nudge out the plastic retainer. Slide both crossbars and any rope hold-downs to the front and remove. Replace plastic retainers, put the Torx screws back in. Saves about 15 pounds and some wind resistance, makes the Pathfinder look a little sleaker. Don't try to do this by removing the rear retainers, as there is not enough room to slide out the bars. :)
  • lbinhlbinh Member Posts: 190
    Hey Guys,

As I expected, my SES light went away in about 3/4 gas tank used. I didn't take it to Autozone to pull the codes becuase I had a hunch it would reset itself. Based on my pathy's past history. In my situation I did not have any performance degradation when the light came on. I can't say this method will work for other owners.

If there are no saefty concerns, I can only suggest giving some time before you spend any money to fix the SES light. Pull the codes for free at Autozone and keep a record of it and then be real patient. My SES occurences took about on average about a new tank full of gas used and about 1 to 2 weeks to reset automatically.
  • ramza39ramza39 Member Posts: 23
    well I went back to the dealer last week and tested a floor model and found that it was different than my Pathy. I only had to depress slightly to release the parking brake. I asked the salesman to come over and try it and then went out to do the same with my car and he admitted there is problem. So I went back to dealer on Monday to have it fixed but after it was done, the parking brake was the same but tighter. So I asked the salesman to test it again and this time he also called the technican and after the tech tested it, he said he needs to order a new foot pedal for me. Now, I am waiting for their phone call and once the part arrives I will bring in my car and hope they will fix it right.
  • idr2000idr2000 Member Posts: 3
    1. Sounds about right for the intake timing sensor. I replaced two O2 sensers already on my 2001 Pathfinder and I think I paid more. Now I also have a problem with the intake timing sensor. It is too bad that the only problems with my pathfinder after 105,000 miles have been worthless sensors. SES light must be off to pass inspection in NC!

2. They crushed you on the brake job and you probably didn't need it. I replaced my front pads and resurfaced rotors at 102,000 miles and my mechanic told me I could go about 10,000 more miles! Probably overcharged you 2x!

3. I think I flushed my trany at 60,000 miles and it was part of the 60,000 mile service. About 300 bucks, but included quite a bit. A lot of useless stuff.

4. The rear brake service was a cleaning and you were greatly overcharged.

5. Whatever belt were replaced were a rip off. Not needed.

6. Did you change your engine antifreeze. That should be about 60 bucks and is worth it.

Call Nissan and complain about that dealer. Find a local family owned shop and go there. Nissan makes above average vehicles, but their service departments are poor and will take you for a ride.

Good luck!
  • bc93bc93 Member Posts: 1
    I've experienced something with my idle on occasion, but not as severe. Every so often, when I'm idling at a light or somewhere in gear, the truck will shake and I can feel that the idle has dropped. The RPM gauge shows that it's dropped down a bit and the needle is fluctuating, but it hasn't gone down to zero. It happens so rarely that I don't know whether to have it looked at or not. I certainly don't want to pay for the dealer to look at it, if there isn't a clear explanation as to why it happens.
    Try changing the fuel filter. Rather simple job. Located above the rear differential "pumpkin." Lower and remove the spare to get better access. With engine on, remove the fuel pump fuses and let the engine stall out. I think there might be two fuses. One in the Engine bay and the other in the fuse block area on dashboard. This releases fuel pressure in system. You still will have gas spill out so have rags and a vise wrench to pinch off fuel line coming from gas tank. Be careful and good luck.
  • rs4rs4 Member Posts: 25
    After replacing the intake Manifold the rattling problem was resolved for 2 months. Recently I have started to hear a squeaking noise from the engine even at low rpm <1.5 rpm, if the vehicle hits a pot hole that squeaking gets a litter louder. At rpms between 3 and 4 I 'm again getting the rattling noise similar to how I use to get for Intake manifold issue, but not as Loud. If anyone having a similar issue, please share
  • dakota11dakota11 Member Posts: 3
    Update on Factory Car Stereo Repair (www.carstereohelp.com): Their charge is now $275 to fix/update the factory in-dash Bose CD changer, but the process is very quick and painless. Thanks for this recommendation smokey75! I sent off the CD changer for my 2001 PF on a Saturday and had it back in my car in 8 days (and that includes a day lost for Memorial Day holiday).

Dealer wanted $400 (not including $200 for de/reinstallation) and they were only going to refurbish the unit which could have taken 6 weeks. While exploring my options, I called Crutchfield and was told that to use the factory amp and steering wheel controls I needed two adapters...totalling close to $135...so the Kenwood CD player that others recommended seemed less attractive.

The folks at FCSR were very helpful and when I called and started to say I had a problem with my Nissan, the person who answered said 'let me guess, 2001 PF with Bose CD changer...we get 1-2 of these a day'.

I sent a nice letter to Nissan relaying that message and have yet to receive a response.
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    Thanks for the update. I was very happy with their service and mine is still going strong after a lot of use for almost 2 years since their repair.
  • teejeeteejee Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Pathfinder LE, built in 1/05 and it is currently at the dealer for what they're calling "engine knock". They're telling me I need to run higher octane fuel. However, I have been running premium fuel for the last 1500+ miles with no change. I even added an octane booster in the last fill-up and still no change.

They wanted me to pick it up yesterday, but I told them to keep it and check it again today. I don't believe it's a fuel problem. Anyone else have any experience with this? Any way the intake manifold rattle could be confused with engine knock?
  • pug2pug2 Member Posts: 1
    My 97 Pathfinder w/ 107,000 miles makes a loud squeaking noise while it is idling, but only for 5 minutes then goes away. If I give it some gas the sound stops. Took it to the machanic and they sent me in for transmission. When they removed the plate, they found metal scrappings. They replaced my torque converter and spot welded the transmission......this did not fix the problem. Then they replaced the bearing on AC tensioner.....still did not fix the problem. Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
  • ssniderssnider Member Posts: 1
    About a week ago we had alot of heavy rain. I was driving during the rain and it died. The only way to make it run for the next couple of days was to floor the accelerator. The check engine light was coming on and off and it would die if I wasn't flooring it. After a few days it went back to normal and the check engine light went off. Immediately another problem arose...it started shifting different, the rpms are getting up to 4+ and if I slightly let off the gas it'll shift. If I don't let off the gas it goes to almost 5 rpms. I had the transmission flushed today and it's still the same. What's the problem??
    When driving on rough roads or over a speed bump there ia a pretty significant rattling noise coming from the rear side, feels like its coming from underneath the vehicle. Any body has experienced similar issues ?
  • rjaynesrjaynes Member Posts: 1
    Say, those repair prices are better than the $750.00 for intake valve timing CP sensor I was quoted here in the Atlanta, Georgia metro area (Decatur) by the local Nissan dealer, can anyone steer me to a competent Nissan repair shop in my area, I can't pay such inflated prices?
  • marknflmarknfl Member Posts: 2
    I have a 00 pathfinder with 105K and never a single problem until I had the timing belt changed and tranny flushed, now my speedometer, tach, temp, odometer and cruise all stop working then jump back to life constantly. The shop that did my timing belt looked and couldn't find anything. I'm pretty sure it's a ground problem and I've spent hours over and under this thing trying to figure this out! I don't want to pay Nissan $75/hr so they can milk me on this. I'm not so sure this was caused by the recent work.....
    Please give some ideas or solutions because I'm all out!
  • rhobesrhobes Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to remove the inner door panel(driver side) on a 1993 PF?? I need to get in there to repair the door latch which has come loose. Thanks for any help,
    Rhobes :(
    Sounds too coincidental. I would take it back to the shop where you did your timing belt and let them go over everything they took apart. Check for loose/damaged or disconnected wiring harnesses and ground wires. IMO, sounds like a engine speed or revolution sensor issue based on your listed problems except for the temp issue.

Make it the shops problem and pressure them to deal with it.

Good luck!
  • imin2mximin2mx Member Posts: 27
    I have a 2001 Pathfinder LE with the Navigation system. The problem is, a bulb burned out in the Nav. screen which makes it is very hard to view. Also, a button that controls the air vents fell off. The dealer said you have to replace the whole unit ($4000!). Does anyone know about replacing these parts? I would hate to replace the whole unit, but it is virtually useless as it. Thanks!
  • mypathymypathy Member Posts: 7
    Car Experts! I need your input, please!!

I have a 2005 Pathfinder SE 4x4 with premium package. It&#146;s been a month and half since I bought this SUV. I absolutely love this SUV, being my first SUV I am totally impressed the way a SUV carries itself and especially my Pathy!

But for in the past couple of day I have started to notice some weird noises &#150;
    1. The passenger window when down ¼ or ½ way makes a rattling noise. This can be heard more often when the road is bumpy or windy outside.
    2. There is a rattling noise coming from under dash below the steering column, and it only comes at certain speeds and when the road is bumpy.
    3. So noise coming inside the cabin behind the passenger seat. Like a seat belt is loose or something, but I checked it and everything is intact. And this noise is more prominent when I first start the vehicle in the morning and on my way to work.
    4. Breaks make a squeaky noise when braking while the vehicle is moving slow.
    5. Last issue (or maybe not!), when I first start the vehicle the engine revs at high speed and the engine revving noise is high when compared to a sedan. I can hear this loud engine revving when standing couple of feet away from the pathfinder. My question is …is this normal operation?
    Even after the above issues/questions I have no complaints about this SUV and would 100% definitely recommend this SUV to anyone interested.

I had seen some similar reviews in this forum. But can someone provide the solutions for these issues.
  • nolegirlnolegirl Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2001 Pathfinder almost 2 yrs ago. A few weeks after I bought it the check engine light came on. I took it in and was informed that my engine was basically going to die soon. Apparently the previous owner had completely neglected the engine and it was hopelessly clogged. They could not give me an idea of when it would die. I know I was stupid to not have it checked out by my own mechanic and I have certainly learned my lesson the hard way. Since then I have taken good care of the engine and it lasted me almost 2 yrs. But yesterday it died. The mechanic says it is indeed a goner and I need a new engine. I have been burned once by my automotive ignorance and want to make sure it does not happen again. Should I get a rebuilt engine? He is quoting me $1900-$2300 for it. Is that good? Should I get a new one? He is saying it will be $7300 for that :surprise: Should I just say screw it and get a new car? Am I going to continue to have a problem with other systems even if I get a new engine? Please help!
    1. I have the same kind on the rear window on the driver side. After like 2 months, it has subsided by it self. I had brought this up to the Service Engineer, he was not able to reproduce this.
    2. Is this very faint squeaking noise. I can only here this when all the windows are closed. I'm getting this checked next Monday
    3. Try clicking all the seat belts. In the rear use bungee cords to hold seta belts This will definetely help
    4. Not sure. Happens in reverse known issue
    5. This is normal.
    Thanks RS4.

1. I have got to wait. If not will take it to service.
    2. Yes it is faint. But sounds like something hitting a pipe/hollow tube.
    3. I need to try the seat belts. Thanks for the tip.

Any other insights will definitely help.

Thanks once again!
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Member Posts: 621
    5. Last issue (or maybe not!), when I first start the vehicle the engine revs at high speed and the engine revving noise is high when compared to a sedan. I can hear this loud engine revving when standing couple of feet away from the pathfinder. My question is …is this normal operation?

This is normal. The Pathfinder has an engine that's mounted so its output faces the rear of the vehicle, and it has a mechanical belt-driven cooling fan that always runs with the engine, but at varying degrees of strength depending on the temperature. Most cars these days are front wheel drive, so the engine accessory belts are on the side of the car, not behind the radiator. Therefore, they have electric cooling fans that usually don't need to run unless the car is fully warmed up. So, at idle, especially at initial startup, the Pathfinder engine will sound louder.

More detailed information about engine cooling is here if you're interested.
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    If it's the illumination for the display, that's an EL lamp the size of the display (built into it). To change that the entire screen would have to be replaced. That is not a job any Nissan dealer could handle. It could be repaired by the manufacturer, if they have a repair depot. You will have to find out who actually built it and ask them if they can repair it for you. This means someone has to remove it from the vehicle and ship it to their repair depot (if they have one).
  • ece441ece441 Member Posts: 2
    I have the similar rattle sound under the steering column. It sounds like something hitting a hollow tube. I pushed some dry rags under the steering column which muffeled most of the noise, but I hear it now and again. Any progress on your noise?
  • brandon2brandon2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I just purchased a 01 LE and I have problems with my cd player and steering controls. Everytime I get in the car and turn it on it starts going through all the cds. Is this normal? Once I select the cd and I turn the car off I have to reselect the cd. My steering wheel control only goes up and doesn't go down. Is that normal? Can you help me out?
  • samo77samo77 Member Posts: 2
    All,
    I am new to this forum, so please bear with me. I own a 1999.5 Pathy SE with almost 104k miles. I just had the tranny flushed, pan cleaned and both transfer case and tranny refilled with D3 oil. NO major problems there, but I had a question:

1) I am moving from Arizona to Kansas and was curious of anything to watch for while towing, say a 5X10 trailer from U-Haul, other than shutting off the O/D. What is the tendency of Pathfinders while towing: do they overheat easily? If stay at around 60-65 mph, will the tranny act up at all? Just curious to hear from other owners.

2) I live in Flagstaff, AZ (about 7600 ft ele.) and have dipped below this altitude several times in the past two years. When I do so, my "Service Engine Soon" light comes on and will stay on for several weeks before it simply shuts off. I have tried to have the codes read several times, but the codes do not stay in the system. I check my gas cap everytime I fill up and the only thing that I can think of is that the O2 sensor(s) are going crazy trying to keep up with the air/fuel mix and air pressure outside of the vehicle while climbing and descending.... ideas?

Thanks all,
    SamO77
  • jrimmerjrimmer Member Posts: 2
    I too would like to know what you did to repair this issue. I searched but did not find the original post where the fix was described.

Thanks
  • duzzerduzzer Member Posts: 1
    Well, that depends on how much you paid for your Pathy initially, or what you would figure it is worth now. I can't see it happening again, although I am very curious to see what the actual problem was with your first motor, cause Nissan motors are known for being bulletproof. Mine is a 1991 and I have 225k miles on it and up until a week ago it ran like a top. So yeah, I think the best thing for you is to do a little bit of a feasibility check. Figure out how much you have invested in it so far, figure out how much the depreciation is on that vehicle and figure out if you can get your money back out of it. If you need more help figuring out how to do that, write me an email and I will expand.

Naithan :P
  • cowboylostcowboylost Member Posts: 3
    Greetings,

About two weeks ago, i noticed that my highbeam would delay 1-2 seconds before coming on. Last night, the headlight failed completely. I purchased and installed a new bulb today (left side), and it still does not work. So two weeks ago, I had full lights. Today I have no left headlight, and only highbeam on the right. Has anyone experienced a problem like this? Having ruled out the bulb, am I looking at a major electrical problem? I had the entire engine replaced by a Nissan dealership two months ago, might there be a possible connection here?

Any help would be appreciated. I love my Pathfinder, but at this point I am getting nervous about their reliability.

Thank You
    1) I had the same hauling need but it was only for less than 300 miles. My 01 LE Pathy performed marvelously with the loaded 6X12 trailer. Only thing of slight concern was the sagging rear end. I ended up shifting all cargo area items to trailer. So, nothing was in the cargo area to reduce pathy rear end sagging. It was as if there wasn't anything behind me, engine was superb. I actually used OD but not on hilly terrain. It was Texas so relatively flat but some hills. Tranny did not act up and I use Mobil 1 synthetic ATF fluid. No overheating whatsoever.

2) I live in Houston, at sea level, and the SES light came on about 3 times in a year. All of them reseted automatically within a couple of weeks. It was the O2 sensor DTCs. I blame the fuel quality of gas stations (not the octane rating, I use 89). If there are no safety or performance(ie, gas milage) issues than I would not worry about it. I think it is due the sensitive O2 parameters Nissan set in the ECM.
    1) For towing, be mindful of extended braking distance. And of course, you'll probably not be able to maintain 65mph on any type of significant grade. It's better to drop down into 2nd gear at speeds below 55mph while ascending a grade.

2) What octane gas do you use? Many gas stations in high-altitude areas sell 85 octane as "regular" fuel. I discovered that my truck prefers a minimum of 87 (no matter what the altitude). While vacationing in southwest Utah last month, I filled up with a tank of 85 octane, and the SES light came on after about 60 miles, even though there were no performance issues. My code reader would not indicate any codes, either. (Weird!) Later in the trip I noticed slight pinging, so the next tankful, I put in 88 and after a few dozen miles the SES light shut ifself off. It hasn't come back on since.
    I use to have the intake manifold problem, which was resolved with a new part. After 2 months I get some rattling noise very inconsistently. The dealer has told me the same thing as yours, engine knocking and asked me to use premium grade fuel. The difference being for the past 2 months I have not been using the premium grade fuel. They also did check again for the Intake manifold issue, which seems to be working fine. Did this get resolved for you, any information will be highly appreciated
  • samo77samo77 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input!

xplorx4: I think the lowest octane fuel in Flagstaff is 87 (not real sure), and I haven't noticed any knocking, pinging or other strange noises, so I am assuming that I have little to worry about.

lbinh: So if a trailer were used, you would fully load that rather than partially load the trailer and partially load the truck itself?

Again thanks for the input, it was a great help!
  • misha76misha76 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 94 PF SE, and today when I left work I noticed that my passenger headlight was on and the switch had not been turned on. No matter what I do the headlight will not shut off even with the engine completely off and all switches including the alarm completely off. I have had to completely unplug the switch from the headlamp to shut it off. Anyone had this kind of problem before? Any suggestions would help.
  • acbriskeracbrisker Member Posts: 4
    Hey All,

Just purchased my dream car -- a 2001 Nissan Pathfiner LE. The car has 76,000 miles on it ... I have two questions:

1) What should I do about the service engine light?? I purchased the vehicle out of state, and need to get it inspected ... not sure if this will affect it or not

2) When is the next time I should get service on the vehicle (not talking about routine oil changes) ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex
    1) SES light activation will prevent passing the inspection. Try filling up with quality name brand gas of at least 89 octane and give it about two weeks. Make sure gas cap is tight. Pull codes for free at Autozone. Let us know what code came back.

2) IMHO, I recommend loading the trailer as much as possible. Make the trailer springs work and spare your pathy's. Your pathy is heavy enough. It can tow 5000lbs but can't carry much cargo and passengers without sagging rear end. I did keep light weight fragile things in cargo area though. It was a 19" TV. I carried one passenger in the rear seat with two up front.

Pathy rear ends are soft due to the soft coil springs. Great for ride but not that good for towing. Next time I tow long distances I will install the air spring helper from the Air Lift company.

The trip was better than I expected and the rear end never bottomed out. I had the dealer install larger bump stops in the rear coil springs, per Nissan TSB(while back). Although rear end sagged it was never dangerously low and the trailer and hitch never scraped the ground.

With the 6x12, it has a little hard to see with OEM side mirrors. Adequate enough view. With the 5X10, I think you will be ok. Like the previous post stated, earlier and longer braking plus wider turns. Your 5X10 should have surge brakes so that should help you in braking. Make sure you plan your driving to avoid backing up if at all possible. Check your Pathy(increase PSI slightly, 30 PSI is good) and trailer tire (ask uhual PSI recomendation ) pressures! There are more tips, check out Uhaul's towing guide online at www.uhaul.com.

Good Luck!
  • dirtboydirtboy Member Posts: 3
    Hi there!

I bought a 2001 LE Pathfinder with all-mode 4WD in late November '04. I LOVE this truck, however it's developed an annoying problem. Everytime I put the truck in park, it gets stuck in P for a minute or two. When I press on the brake pedal, I can hear a clicking sound, like there's a switch or something trying to engage/disengage. Actually, when the handbrake is applied (always while parked), and I tap the brakes, I hear the same clicking sound coming from the handbrake area. After a minute or two of tapping the brake pedal and engaging & disengaging the handbrake, the car will shift out of park.

Can anyone give me a heads-up as to what I can expect when I take it to the dealer? I have an extended warranty, but still I'd like to know I'm not getting soaked. Thanks!
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    There is a solonoid that locks the transmission shift lever in park, and will release it when you press the brake pedal. That is what you are hearing. To shift out of park you MUST press the brake pedal. There is a manual release for this as well - look on the console beside the shift lever and you'll see a small square plastic plug. Pry that out and insert a screwdriver to release the lock (though I must admit I would have to re-read the owners manual to be sure of this procedure).

When parking, stop and apply the e-brake while holding the foot brake. Then shift into park. That ensures there is no force on the "park lock pin" in the transmission. Don't confuse that pin with the solonoid on the shift lever - they are two separate systems.
    Thanks for the info!

Actually, I AM stepping on the brake pedal while trying to shift, but it just won't move out of park. I guess the solonoid isn't working properly? It must not register that my foot is on the pedal at first. Any idea how expensive a fix this will be?
    Since you're hearing the solenoid actuate when you depress the brake pedal, and it eventually disengages, the mechanism may merely be gummed up and sticking. Before even touching the transmission selector, press the brake. Then, press the transmission selector button before attempting to move it out of Park.

Have you ever spilled anything on or around that area?

Cleaning out the mechanism (if that's what's needed) is relatively simple, and involves popping off some of the interior center console trim pieces. If you're not comfortable doing that type of work, you can probably expect to pay a minimum of one hour labor at the dealer.
    Cool, thanks for the info, I will definitely try to clean it out myself before taking it to a dealer. I'll let you all know what works!
  • jambo05jambo05 Member Posts: 7
    Have been having the same sound for about two months now. Had the technician actually hear it two weeks ago. It has been consistent. I thought it might be the rear license plate frame and license plate rattling. It wasn't that after taping it. Then I took it in for the repair on 6/22/05. Service said they could not replicate the problem at this time. I took it out right after picking it up and heard it loud and clear. Back to the service department tomorrow.

I think it might be the clips of the disc brakes or the baffles in the muffler or catalytic converter. We shall see. :(
    I have the similar rattle sound under the steering column. It sounds like something hitting a hollow tube. I pushed some dry rags under the steering column which muffeled most of the noise, but I hear it now and again. Any progress on your noise?

No. Took it to the dealer, they couldn't figure it out. But I hear it every now and then.
  • cindym3cindym3 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know how easy (or hard) it would be to disconnect the SES light? My SES light has been on for @ 4 months. I cannot get it inspected with it on, even though it will pass the inspection. All sensors have been checked (at a cost of $300) and everything is OK. I've been told that the computer might be bad!! I've gone the higher octane route - light still on.

Also, is there anyone else having a problem with electric drivers seat? It doesn't seem comfortable - I keep adjusting (3yrs) and I haven't found a comfortable setting yet for commuting 45 min. one way. Can the brake and gas pedals be adjusted?

This is my third nissan - and probably my last - too much of a hassle.
    If I'm not mistaken are you talking about the rattling sound coming from the rear end ? If yes it was diagnosed for me. It is the parking brakes. There is some part which has this defect. My dealer has ordered it. If you want I can let you know the part name after July 6th (date of repair).
  • be021be021 Member Posts: 2
    I took my '01 SE to an Autozone and they plugged the computer into it and turned the SES light off for me for free. They also told me the error causing it. P0420 catalyst system efficieny below threshold (Bank!), No clue what it means, but told me to run the fuel system cleaner through it.

My driver seat also just stop going forward and backwards, luckily I can still adjust the recline.

Overall this is still a solid vehicle.