Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Pathfinder Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• robert52robert52 Member Posts: 27
    Getting ready to purchase a 2003 Pathfinder with 37,000 miles. Having looked through some of the posts here, I have to admit I am having second thoughts. The dealer did have to do a repair kit on the catalytic converter as the vehicle sounded like it had a hole in the muffler. They indicated this had been a problem with this year. My wife only drives about 1/2 mile to work and back each day so gas mileage is no issue. Would you 2003 owners purchase yours again? Thanks
  • pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    I have a 2001 - basically the same as the 2003. Have had no problems with the vehicle, other than O2 sensors early on. It's a large heavy SUV, but considering that, it gets pretty good mileage.
    I'm happy with the purchase, and given what I wanted when I purchased it, if those conditions existed now, I'd buy it again.
  • shark715shark715 Member Posts: 382
    Like Pathstar, I have an '01 which is very similar to the '03 model year. Mine has 105K miles on it, and it drives like new. While it has not been perfect, if I had perfect foresight as to the repairs I would still buy it again. Problem areas are: 1) the O2 sensors as Pathstar mentioned, 2) the intake timing sensors (there are two) which seem to last 40-70K miles (cost $200-300 to replace, including labor), 3) tires/wheels are hard to balance, but it's no big deal, you just need to find a garage with a Hunter 9700 road force balance machine...see Hunter's website or numerous past posts here, 4) brake rotors are easy to warp if you overheat the brakes. I tend to be easy on the brakes and have not suffered this problem, but many others have. My sister also has an '02 with 60k miles, and has had no serious issues with her truck at all. It's odd that the catalytic converter rusted out at 37K miles, are you sure it's not a flood/hurricane car? One piece of advise, driving a car only 1 mile a day is rough on any car. Be sure to religiously change the engine oil every 3 months irrespective of the miles driven, and expect problems with the exhaust system rusting out as it will never get heated up enough to evaporate the moisture in it.
  • bimmer4mebimmer4me Member Posts: 266
    I just sold my 2001 PF LE in June of 2006. Although, I miss the Pathfinder and really liked it alot, I don't miss the poor gas mileage it received. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably purchase a more fuel efficient SUV/CUV. With these current gas prices that sadly are most likely here to stay, there are better choice IMO. Currently, I'm driving my other vehicle a 99 Accord, but thinking of purchasing a wagon type vehicle for the utility aspect... Home Depot is my second home.
  • frustrated03frustrated03 Member Posts: 3
    I have filed lemon law on my 03 pathfinder. The most recent repair was the new engine, and the timing control valves (3rd time). I love the car, has a very nice ride, but way too many problems. Talk to a few more people before the purchase. Good Luck!
  • xplorx4xplorx4 Member Posts: 621
    Just a tip about your wife's daily commute-

A 1/2-mile trip doesn't give the engine enough time to come up to operating temperature. There are very good chances that this type of use will lead to shorter engine life. Cold starts ("cold" = less than 150°F coolant temp) are actually when the most engine wear occurs. At the very least, try to drive the vehicle at least for 1/2-hour continuously, on the highway if possible, each week, and religiously change the oil every 3000 miles.

My parents owned a Ford van with a big-block 460 V8, which was driven about 3/4-mile a day by my mom. This wasn't enough time to even get the engine fully warmed up, even if it was "warmed up" in the driveway. The engine developed burned valves, bad rings, and eventually threw a connecting rod at only 80,000 miles.

Just FYI.
  • pdkesqpdkesq Member Posts: 14
    Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this. I've got a 2005 Pathfinder LE 4x4. Its got factory installed running boards on it. Anyway, I noticed yesterday that the part you would step on (the black plastic surface on top of the running board) is coming off. This is happening on both the passenger and driver sides of the vehicle. Has anyone had this happen to them?

I need to call my dealer and figure out what the deal is, but I'm unsure whether this is going to be covered by the warranty. It seems like it should be, it has to be some kind of defect because its happening to both of them in the same way. Its not just one side where something might have knocked it off. Its almost like whatever they used to bond the black plastic to the running board has worn away or broken.
  • sdnissan1sdnissan1 Member Posts: 2
    After several replacement of a air flow meter, o2 sensors and a computer. The mechanic pulled open the intake manifold and found the valve for the # 3 cylinder had fallen off the shaft attached to the power valve. The other valves were also loose. Three of the brass screws exited through the engine. He re-installed all of them with loctite. The car now runs better than I remember it. I had put over 10k miles on it while the first Nissan dealer tried to figure it out. The mechanic, Shilo, was at his last straw when he opened up the manifold and found the real problem.
  • handiangihandiangi Member Posts: 3
    I also have a 2001 PF and the carpet on the driver side gets wet. However, I noticed that it gets wet whenever I use the air conditioner.

Its sunny and 90 degrees outside today. So I waited until the carpet was dry then ran the AC for 15 minutes and the carpet got quite wet.

With the AC running I checked under the dash on the passenger and driver sides but found no obvious leak or drip.
  • smokey75smokey75 Member Posts: 434
    One of your AC drains is clogged so the condensation that normally drains to the pavement is draining to the floor.
  • chris67chris67 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 06 Pathfinder SE ... love this thing! Noticed that there is a water drip after running the A/C near the right rear tire after turning it off. Ran it about 5 miles today with windows down and no A/C and there was no drip.
    I'm assuming it's the A/C but why the drip in the front and the rear? Is it because of the vents in the rear of the vehicle? It's definitely water and never drips too much -- just don't want anything wrong with this SUV! Thanks!
  • crash2010crash2010 Member Posts: 1
    74k miles, V6 engine, automatic. Had the truck for 3 years. Now suddenly having stalling problems. The engine simply stops, 5-7 mins later will restart as if nothing happened.
    During the last waiting period, I tried to start and found that the only way the engine would even think about firing was if the throttle was WIDE open. Waited the extra 5 mins and it started up.
    Some weeks ago, the problem happened once a week, now it happens once every 3-4 weeks. Weird.
  • walaitiwalaiti Member Posts: 1
    I have 2001 LE with digital climate control.
    I have recently started having a big problem that the Fan speed is always stuck at high, even though it show at #1. Even if I switch OFF the climate control, the fan still blows air at full speed. It is very annoying with the noise all the time.

Any ideas... Thanks
  • alwaysbusyalwaysbusy Member Posts: 11
    Going into the shop for the second time tomorrow. I am fed up with this. I believe I'm starting to smell... citrus?? Do I see a lemon? 3rd time I think I get a new car?
    Problem: the gas gauge and/or DTE monitor. 1st time ran out of gas, it was 1/8 tank, I was on my way to the gas station, LOW FUEL LIGHT did not come on. Manually checked the DTE (isn't it supposed to flash?) and it was...ZERO! Yup, stalled in a busy intersection. Got towed. Dealer replaced the fuel pump or something. All was going fine (except the yahoos in the svc. dept. still can't tell me "at what number is the DTE supposed to flash".
    Happened again yesterday... on the freeway! Going back to the dealer. anyone else going thru this?
    Another question: "how much must one spend on a brand new car for it to be perfect". Apparently this wasn't enough.
  • lucikwaklucikwak Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

Ive been having the same problem with my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder. Did you ever find out what that problem was? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you could pass this info along to me.

Best regards,

Luci
  • myxashmdmyxashmd Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum,
    I have a 19901 Nissan Pathfinder SE, I just completed the bodywork under the rear seats. When looking underneath the truck I noticed that my rear UPPER COIL spring mount was broken (passenger side). It looks like it is attached to the frame of the truck with two bolts. Does anyone know where I might get this coil spring mount? Aftermarket, dealer or scrapyard? Any help would be appreciated.
  • bravsfan87bravsfan87 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2002 Pathfinder that I just bought used and its been awesome so far. I have two quick problems that I need a little help with. The first one was on my own doing. I was backing up late at night and slowly hit a concrete pole... its not bad at all and you can't really tell very much, but the bumper is bent a little bit downwards. There are little pop caps that connect the bumper to gate...there is a little bracket that I can see where the bumper is supposed to sit on top of in order to be level... is it worth trying to fix this myself or should I just take it in for service? I don't know much about my truck so it may be best to take it in unless one of you all could give me advice if its fairly easy. Also, when I reach about 70 mph or so there is a little bit of vibration. Is this the tires that just need to be rotated? Has anyone noticed this? Thanks for your help.
  • jessjacksonjessjackson Member Posts: 1
    Hi:

I have a 2001 Pathfinder that I bought used. I have been very happy with it but it does not have a Jack Handle. Since this tools lowers my full sized spare, I am stuck with no ability to lower the spare. Any idea where I can get a replacement jack handle or is the mechanism to drop the spare such that some "standard" tool might work?

Thanks,
    Jess
    There are two parts to the jack handle. There is a rod with a loop in one end and a tapered square on the other. The loop goes into the hole to lower the spare. The second of the two parts is a "crank" tool with a square hole in it for the tapered end of the first part. It has a handle on it. The first part should be under the rear seat. The second part should be in the tool bag (usually kept in one of the rear bins). You can get by if you can find the first part by using a crescent wrench on the square end.

If it's missing, order it from a Nissan dealer. I don't want to know what they will charge! ;)
  • handiangihandiangi Member Posts: 3
    I had the Nissan dealer unclog the drains. Then in order to verify that, I held a water hose at the grates below the wipers and water actually dripped down just behind the front tires on both the driver and passenger side.

However, with the next heavy rain, once again the carpet on the driver side is dripping wet.

It appears that there is another source for the leak
    There are also two drains for the sunroof. If the others were plugged they may be too. I'd first suspect the windshield seal if the glass has been replaced recently.
    Unless it has been removed from the truck, you should find the rod clipped to the floor underneath the rear seat. If you are having trouble identifying it, your owner's manual will be helpful.
  • pfclinton03pfclinton03 Member Posts: 2
    If it is use ful for any one out there. I have since got this problem resolved. Nissan Ireland have only ever experienced it twice before. But initially they were informing me that the gear box will have to be dropped out and faulty connector located in gear box will have to be replaced at a cost of approx €600 labour intensive. Anyway I left it in with dealer and they managed to reach in with a narrow log sniped pliers after splitting gearbox but they did not need to drop it out. This only cost me €158 instead of the €600 I was initially quoted. Happy camping :-)
    I just purchased a really cool device - a "Scangauge II". You plug it into the OBDII port and it will display any trouble codes, allowing you to reset them at will. It sits on the dash held with velcro.

It also displays four at a time "gauges" (readings of different parameters on the OBDII port) in either metric or english units. I watch fuel consumption in L/hr and L/100 km, battery voltage, and engine temp. currently. There are about 16 different readings to choose from.

Further, it has a "trip" function. Distance to empty (at current consumption), average speed, average fuel economy, etc.

Very nice for only $139. And yesterday it made a bad situation only an inconvenience. I got a "service engine soon" light. Along with the engine running very rough. Sounded like a cylinder died. I thought a coil had gone (a known problem with the early VQ engine - mines a 2001 LE). It recovered in a minute, but left the light on. I used the Scangauge to get a P1320 code. This code indicates it could be a coil, it could be the "condenser", or it could be the wiring. As it has happened several times before (without a code or light), I must assume it's an intermittant wiring connection issue. My point is, with the Scangauge II in the vehicle, it's easy to deal with this. I noted the code and reset it. The light stayed off. Now I just have to chase down the wiring glitch.

A very useful device.

Oh, and it will work in any vehicle with an OBDII port. Look under your steering wheel. If your car/truck was built after 1996 it will have the port within about two feet of the steering column, not covered by panels.
    Yeah, it's a great tool. I had the original Scan-Gauge, which was essentially the same as the SGII, except in a much larger, less-attractive case. I've since upgraded to the SGII.

I find the unit's MPG calculations, correction for inaccurate speedometer reading due to oversize tires, and gauges (coolant temp, voltage, throttle position, engine load, etc.) to be indispensable!

I paid $169 for mine. Where'd you find it for only $139?
    Oops, you're right. I imagined the price, it is $169. Haven't received the bill yet so I remembered wrong. And for me it'll be around $200 Can. Still well worth it.
  • flounderingfreflounderingfre Member Posts: 2
    Good afternoon,
    I just found this site my 95 pathfinder is doing the exact thing. i have taken the bulbs out and my battery goes dead. did yours drain your battery? did you ever figure out what was wrong with it. could you please help me out. i do not have the money for a new electrical system if you know what i mean.
  • kublah22kublah22 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all, quick quesiton here. Does anyone know if the headrests on a 1998 (1996-2000 model year) Pathfinder are the same in the front seat and the back? If the two headrest in the front are identical to the back? I really appreciate the info if anyoen can help or check on their Pathfinder for me.
  • letmenoletmeno Member Posts: 3
    New guy here... would appreciate any help you guys could give!
    I have a 2001 Pathfinder with 103,000 miles and these codes showed up… I bought a laptop OBDII reader to help with the problem . what do i have to replace if anything at all??? I have reset the light but it comes back just a few trips later.
    P0160 Rear O2S, Bank 2
    P0420 TW Catalyst System, Bank 1
    ???
    I also have a 2001 PF and have replaced 2 oxygen sensors. P0160 is high voltage for the rear oxygen sensor (sensor 2) on the driver's side of the vehicle (bank 2). There are 4 oxygen sensors. One on each side forward of the cat & one on each side downstream of the cat. According to the service manual the rear sensors are not used under normal operation & are only a backup to the front sensors. If a front sensor fails your fuel mixture will become very rich & your MPG will drop. The service manual lists two possible causes: 1) Harness or connectors (the sensor circuit is open or shorted). 2) Heated oxygen sensor 2 (rear). It is probably a bad sensor. If you can buy the sensor online & install it yourself you will save a ton. Also, there is a TSB calling for an ECM reprogram relating to this trouble code. After you replace the sensor have the dealership do this reprogram. It is covered under the emissions warranty but I can't remember how many miles/months the emissions warranty is good for. They will probably make you show proof that the sensor has been replaced because the TSB says to do this first. As for P0420, I haven't had that one, but the service manual lists possible causes as warm-up three way catalyst, exhaust tube, intake air leaks, injectors, injector leaks, spark plug, & improper ignition timing. It kinda relates to the oxygen sensors so I would replace the bad one, reset your trouble codes, & see if it comes back.
  • letmenoletmeno Member Posts: 3
    I appreciate the help!! According to one of the mecanics i spoke with the P0420 is a related code...And apparantely need to change both!..Any recomentations for a OEM O2 sensor parts dealer?? Nissan whants an arm and a leg for their stuff.
    Try Oxygensensors.com. Prices seemed reasonable last time I checked.
    I can't remember where I got mine but do a search online & you should save a bundle over Nissan's prices. Also, Bosch is the OEM sensor.
  • jomarchjomarch Member Posts: 6
    HELLO,
    YOU MIGHT CHECK AROUND AT YOUR LOCAL SALVAGE AND WRECKING YARDS TO SEE IF THEY HAVE ANY PATHFINDERS THEY ARE SELLING PARTS OFF OF FOR SALVAGE AND WITH ANY LUCK AT ALL, I BET YOU WILL FIND A JACK THAT WORKS ON YOUR 2001 PATHFINDER.

BYE - JO IN TEXAS
  • jomarchjomarch Member Posts: 6
    HELLO,
    I WOULD HAVE A AUTO GLASS SHOP CHECK MY WINDSHIELD AND IT'S SEALS.

BYE - JO IN TEXAS
  • rjgcparjgcpa Member Posts: 11
    For quite some time I have this problem, when the vehicle its a pot hole or if the road is bumpy there is this weird squeaking sound coming from and around the Steering Wheel. Not sure if its coming from the underneath the hood. Driving on plain roads, there is no squeaking at all. Any HELP OR ADVICE will be very much appreciated.

Okay, this goes back to a post in January. I have been searching the forums to find my problem described by any other members. Actually I own a 350Z with this same squeak. I tried lubricating the rubber around the windshield as well as the rubber boot at the base of the steering column by the firewall. No luck. My car has an adjustable steering wheel and I don't know if a Pathfinder does as well. I was thinking of trying to spray a dry lubricant in this area but am a little nervous about the chance if it causing some kind of electrical short. Don't how well the contacts are protected since they probably don't expect anyway to be introducing fluids in these cavities. Any thoughts?
  • athuraiathurai Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I have a 2001 Pathfinder which has about 65000 miles on it. Now, all of a sudden, my interior lights died as well the lights on the dials and dash indicator (where it shows the temp and heat and aircondition fan info in the LED ). I am wondering is this is simple fuse issue/ circuit breaker or is it like a major issue that I need to go to dealer. Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    Andy
    Andy, it sounds fairly obvious that a fuse (or more than one fuse) blew, but the question is why. There may be a short or loose wire/connection, or corrosion somewhere, or a fuse may have simply failed on its own. Since it's very easy to check and replace fuses, that's where you need to start your diagnosis. Your owner's manual will show you where the fuses are located, and also has a chart that shows which fuses controls which circuits. If that doesn't resolve the problem and/or it keeps re-occurring, unless you are knowledgeable about automobile electrical systems, you will need to have a professional look at the problem. For the specific issue you described, it does not sound as if you would need to go to a Nissan dealer. The issue is not likely that technical nor Nissan specific. Anyone qualified to repair automobile electrical systems should be able to do the job. If it's not a simple fuse issue, you need to be patient with the person working on your truck... sometimes electrical problems can be very hard to diagnose. It's almost certain that the repair will be very easy, the hard part is finding the exact problem as it could be a multitude of things. Please take the time to re-post once the repair is completed as this helps others on the forum to resolve any similar issues in the future.
    2003 Pathfinder. 37,000 miles. Service engine soon light just came on. How do I make it go away? I dont want to spend any money. Thanks.
  • dwilliams77014dwilliams77014 Member Posts: 1
    I have an 06 pathfinder LE with 7800 miles on it. This happened to me at about 3300 miles. I also have a 01 Sentra SE with 123000 miles and the same thing happend as well. Check the gas cap. Take it off, and screw it back in until you hear a few clicks(about 3 or so). It may or may not go off right then. After about 3 good starts and stops, if the light does not go off, you may actually have to take it in. Only problem, your 1k over in miles for the emmisson warranty.

Hopefully it works for you, it did for me. This information came to me stright from a Nissan dealer shop manager.
    Thanks. I have tried that. Didnt help. I thought all the emission control stuff had warranty's that last much longer than the 36K.
    Go to Autozone & see what code shows.
    If you don't want to spend any money, disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a few minutes. You should get the code read by an OBDII code reader. (Autozone may read the code for you for free.) Depending on what problem triggered the CEL, it may just come back until you do spend some money to fix the problem properly.
  • pcrowlespcrowles Member Posts: 11
    Okay...2001 LE with 68000 miles on it. The SES light came on yesterday and I immediately checked the gas cap. Turns out the cap wasn't even on...it was still sitting in the holder. The cap had been off for almost 280 miles and just about a full tank. I filled it up, tightened up the cap and had a few stops. The light was still on. I'll check it again tonight but how can I reset it?
    It takes something like 6 engine on/off cycles to reset - may be more. Be patient. It will go out.
    Mine went off. I have no idea why. Havent done anything differently.
  • nospam4cjnospam4cj Member Posts: 8
    Hello everyone. I would like to share with you the way Nissan/Infiniti and Bose/Clarion is 'handling' this problem by not addressing the numerous consumer concerns. I have edited my original post to hopefully eliminate information not allowed to be posted here.

After the following email was sent to the contacts listed on the Nissan News website and Nissan USA's website, I was contacted within 4 hours by (name omitted) an Executive Specialist from Nissan North America, (address omitted. He/She is handling my file now. I also sent this information to (website of lawyers that investigate fraud omitted).

Dear Nissan and Clarion representatives:

Over two years ago, I purchased a 2001 QX4. The QX4 was a great choice for us. We have enjoyed the features and have always enjoyed the Nissan trucks and cars we have owned over the years. The QX4 has only one flaw that we have found, and dealerships and consumer affairs do not acknowledge this problem. The problem is acknowledge quite freely among owners that post to online forums and has been named the "dreaded ERR2 problem."

At the time of purchase, the factory installed Bose 6 disc changer made by Clarion did not work. Each time the CD player was turned on an ERR2 was displayed on the screen. I spoke to the local dealer, and found out that repair would cost over $500. At that time, I found a factory authorized shop Sound Repair that was able to repair the CD player for $350. After the repair, the CD changer worked for approximately 8 months then the problem returned. Unfortunately, the disc changer was not returned for repair immediately because the repair warranty had expired.

The Bose/Clarion 6 disc changer has since been sent (July 24, 2006) to Sewell Infiniti for factory repair. (Name omitted) has been very helpful in keeping me informed of the actions of Clarion. I have recently contacted Infiniti Consumer Affairs regarding the problems with the factory CD changer. (Name omitted) has opened file number XXXXXXX in my behalf. (Name omitted) and (Name omitted) both have reported to me that a "Module A" is the problem when "Module B" is usually what is needed for the repair. I do not understand why a Technical Service Bulletin or Factory Recall has not been issued when I am told from reliable sources, at dealerships and Consumer Affairs, that parts are "usually" need for repair. "Usually" indicates to me that this incident is not the first. If the disc player was engineered and built properly by the OEM (Clarion), the unit would not need the "usual" repair. Any "usual" repairs should be handled in a Technical Service Bulletin or a Factory Recall if safety is a factor.

I would appreciate you taking a detailed look into this problem, as the solution may be the deciding factor on whether I, as a consumer, take further action, and whether an Infiniti/Nissan will be in our garage in the future. Please take this seriously, as I am looking forward to your reply.

Below are a few hyperlinks to forums of other consumers with the same problem with their 2001 Bose/Clarion CD changers:

(9 hyperlinks omitted)

More correspondence from Nissan/Infiniti follows regarding the ERR2 problem:

(Name omitted),

After your call yesterday, I took a few minutes to search through my emails and read through my notes of the correspondence from contacts regarding the repair of my Clarion/Bose 6-disc player. I hope the following information is helpful the investigation:

The attached emails from (Name omitted) at Infiniti-Parts (Sewell Infiniti) state the my 6-disc player is waiting on a Module A. (Name omitted) stated on the on a phone conversation that he/she is in contact with Clarion each day regarding repairs. Please contact (Name and phone number omitted), and he/she will give you his/her contact at Clarion he/she is in contact with each day. A few days after speaking to (Name omitted) with Infiniti Consumer Affairs on the phone regarding the quality issue of the 6-disc player and slow repair, (Name omitted) called back to state my 6-disc changer is waiting on a Module A. Neither (names omitted) stated this part is on back-order or even acknowledged any quality issue with the Clarion 6-disc player. Both (names omitted) did not sound confident that the module A is still being produced.

As I have stated before in the previous email, this is the second time the Clarion 6-disc changer has been sent in for repair. The ERR2 problem that I am experiencing along with numerous other consumers should be addressed as a quality issue with Clarion. The Quality Control department of Nissan needs to know about the other numerous cases of 2001 Clarion/Bose 6-disc players.

Another letter sent:

When a consumer buys a product, they expect the product to work and any engineering defects to be corrected by a recall and corrected for free. Clarion seems to continue to produce a lower than standard refurbished 6-disc player for the Nissan/Infiniti Bose audio systems, and other consumers have just had the 6-disc changer repaired numerous times before going to an aftermarket unit. The jobs this problem has created are jobs that should be eliminated. If an aftermarket stereo system experienced these problems, no consumer would buy their product again. Apparently, Nissan/Infiniti is not concerned about this issue; otherwise, a TSB and recall would have been issue a couple of years ago when the first problems started occurring.

After I bought the service manual for the Clarion unit, I found the problem is caused by plastic gears that continue to break. The plastic will get brittle over time and break or strip out. Knowing this, Clarion continues to use plastic the gears that are known to break during normal usage; this is poor engineering on Clarion's part. If the gears were made of something stronger such as Teflon®, the gears would no longer break or strip out.

I am very disappointed that no one at Nissan/Infiniti or Clarion has admitted to this problem. The problem mentioned here can be found in most all of the Clarion 6-disc changers installed in Nissan/Infiniti vehicles. A small group across the U.S. is now spreading the word not to buy Nissan/Infiniti products because of this single problem. The dissatisfied group is only going to get larger as the number of people find out how Nissan/Infiniti and Clarion are denying this problem.

More info:

Since, this problem is not being taken very seriously; I have now moved to the next step and filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau. With only a small amount of investigation the BBB should find a good solution to the problem. I suggest everyone viewing this post that has the same problem to file a claim with the BBB, email the Nissan representatives (information can be found doing a internet search). You can also file a complaint on the NHTSA website.
  • jfbclujfbclu Member Posts: 7
    Looks like I need to replace both O2 sensors on the right side. I am thinking of doing this myself. I can locate the sensors but can't figure out where the wires lead to connect. Can anybody help me figure this out without enlisting a 3 year old with small hands?
  • hokum1974hokum1974 Member Posts: 2
    Hi guys, I'm new here and need some help.the check engine soon light came on and after scanning I got the code PO 140. Replaced oxygen sensor on right side after cat. now, less then a week after it lit again and it reads PO 174 System too lean (Bank 2) Any idea what could it be? another oxygen sensor??? thanks for help
  • hokum1974hokum1974 Member Posts: 2
    could be the gas cap??????? I think it was loose, but I also disconected the battery for a few hours and the light went off.... I'll wait and see what happens.anyway any other ideas?? thanks