Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MB M-Class Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited May 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
Please share your M-Class photos!

To include a photo in a message is still the same as in the old Town Hall. You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used www.photopoint.com (free!) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="http://a332.g.akamai.net/7/332/936/0001/www.edmunds.com/pictures/42561.jpg")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps!

KarenS
Host
Owner's Club

Comments

• drew_drew_ Member Posts: 3,382
    2000 MB ML320 Elegance (Canadian model). Built October 1999...the 2nd batch of MY2K MLs to roll off the factory floor.

Drew
    Host
    Vans and SUVs message boards
  • dt77dt77 Member Posts: 232
  • ometofuometofu Member Posts: 53
    This old man is talking html 101, now you can jump to see my baby at

http://www.ometofu.com/ml.htm

• birgerbirger Member Posts: 80
    This was my first ML, a '99 ML 320. Ordered October 1997, delivered April 1999, sold December 2000. No major problems, but too thirsty for Europe:

This is why we got the sensible alternative, a 2001 ML 270 CDI, on December 8, 2000. This is us taking delivery of the truck in Brussels. We shopped 130 miles away in order to get the truck a year earlier than at our local dealer. Ordered in April and delivered in December - almost bearable!:

And it can haul! It's as a matter of fact despite the diesel engine quieter than the 320 (better door seals and no SkyTop). And it drinks far less, and what little it drinks is much cheaper than unleaded. The Desert Silver is nice, even when dirty = less car wash visits necessary than with the black. This is the result of too intensive shopping at IKEA: There's 400 kilos inside and 400 more on the roof (and plenty of air in the tires, too!):

• ptomeptome Member Posts: 2
    We spend alot of time in this!

http://www.tome.net/sites/ml

• atomic80atomic80 Member Posts: 24
    Various photos of my ML55 can be found here

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1295943&a=9616489

I'm still looking for a good rear window deflector as the ML55's rear window gets dirty quite easily...any tips would be appreciated.

Jason

• mxheelermxheeler Member Posts: 1
    One page of pics is here:

http://www.gateway.net.au/~mheeler/Resources/Web%20Pics/ML270.html

I can do some images of the COMAND in action if anyone is interested although the Telephone isn't installed yet...

• mlbarnesmlbarnes Member Posts: 48
  • mlbarnesmlbarnes Member Posts: 48
    I read the post on March 18 and do not understand what to do. Espeically, use this coding, but replace the (and) with < and >. I do not understand the who, what, when, where, and the how. I still would like to know and trust me I'm pretty smart, but this is all new to me.
  • birgerbirger Member Posts: 80
    Hello, Marshall

Putting up pictures was also quite a mystery to me until Drew told me - in fact it's quite easy:

First of all, "your" picture must be somewhere on the WWW - not on your computer. There are a number of picture storage sites out there, I use www.photopoint.com which I find quite user-friendly. Once the pictures are up there, each picture has a URL. You can find it by right-clicking the picture and then clicking "Properties". Now highlight this, and copy it - you'll need it, and it's tedious to re-type (and too easy to make a mistake, which could in the worst case cause pictures of scantily clad human beings to pop up insted of our fetish vehicle ;-).

Now type: image, where in each case you replace the "URL" bit by pasting the URL of your picture. That should be it. Of course, when you do as I just did here, you get a blank picture instead of the instructions - check the copy of this post I just emailed you, and the instructions will be visible.

I hope this helps - if you have any more questions, please ask again.

Kind regards from Europe.

Birger
    I had a great time on Saturday in the driving school, as usual. I've been to a couple of MB events, but this was my first time in the BMW club event. It was held at the Boundary Bay airport driving centre, which as you guessed from the name, was formerly an airport. In fact, the new runway is just a short distance away.

I wasn't the only other SUV that day, and was joined by a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Let's just say that live axles and the higher centre of gravity did not work to the Jeep's advantage that day. My entry speed into just about all of the maneuvers was about 10-25 km/hr higher than anything it could manage.

I tried the ML with ESP on and off and found that it a significant difference when activated (as expected), especially in the double lane change emergency exercise. So much so that I just left it on permanently. Afterall, that's the way I usually leave it...on by default. The system corrected the intial understeer and then the mild oversteer right after flawlessly, and I completed each of the exercises without clipping any cones. Not bad for a 4586 lbs vehicle that stands 5.825 feet tall!

I could definitely feel the ML's permanent 4WD system and ESP working to the vehicle's advantage in that (among many other) maneuver. Interestingly, ESP didn't activate every single time. In fact the majority of the time, the system was inactive and it was only when I truly went in fast and made really late/abrupt maneuvers (I was following the instructor's signals) that it intervened to correct my driving line. The ML felt completely stable and composed, even when coming in at 60 km/hr and swerving + braking hard. At no point did I feel like I was going to be tipping over, even when ESP did not activate, or was not fully activated. There were a couple of times though, that I went in far too hot and too tight into a turn and ESP could only do so much to correct my mistake. I did manage to "eat" a few cones here and there, and was once again reminded of how important the "look where you want to go" concept is. The brushguard/skidplate came in helpful in a few situations, however there were no paint marks from the cones (which is more than I can say for some of the cars like the Z3 roadster) ;-p

Braking was excellent with the ML's large discs and Brake Assist (an unfair advantage, I admit :-)) applying maximum brake boost for me in the panic stops. I managed to repeatedly stop quicker than some of the BMWs from 70 km/hr! No sign of brake fade whatsoever, despite 5-6 consecutive panic stops from 60-80 km/hr. The cars without ABS had a disadvantage here, with many locking up the rear wheels as the weight transfered forward. The instructors were extremely impressed with the ML's brakes and ABS, especially in comparison to some of the other vehicles out there. It intervened when necessary and with the appropriate number of pulses. Some systems pulsed/cycled the brakes too frequently and the stops were longer than necessary. This was very obvious while standing on the outside and watching the other vehicles.

My on-road/off-road biased Dunlop Grandtrek TG35 tires worked surprisingly well when inflated to the max cold tire pressure limit of 44 psi. Though I had accelerated wear around the edges, I was still better off than all of the cars, probably because of the thicker thread blocks. The Goodyear Wranglers on the Grand Cherokee definitely did not hold up as well, upon inspection before and after the day.

The most difficult exercise of the day was the reverse slalom + lane change exercise. Yup, that's right, we had to do a slalom run in reverse, followed by a lane change! It was extremely tough with such a large and (more significantly) high up vehicle. My first time around, I must have ran over 5 cones in the lane change part of the exercise. However, I improved the next couple of times and managed to go through the exercise faster and without clipping a single cone.

The following pictures were taken by our club photographer, and or by myself:

Drag race with the other BMW 3-series! Nah, just waiting for my turn :-)

Emergency lane change/moose avoidance test

Don't hit me! Actually, I was supposed to brake hard and stop in front of the instructor, but it was signaled so late (hence his hands positon) that I had to swerve hard to the right at the last moment. The ESP triangle lit up that time, I can tell you!

Slalom run:

Coming in way too hot (my 2nd run of the day) in the braking and turning exercise. Just about to clip a cone with the skidplate:

You can see a lot more pictures here:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=137587&a=12271823&f=&sp=1&vt=vpall

Most of them are available in full-size (1600X1200). Simply click on the picture itself to enlarge it.

You can also see the BMWCCBC's summary of the day's events here, courtesy of Thomas Fink, the director of photography:

http://members.tripod.com/~tomsevents/ds05/ds05.htm

Drew

Host

Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards

Full-size panoramic shot of our track (there're a couple of others adjacent).
    Here are a few pictures of that elusive custom painted Magma Red ML55 in my neighbourhood. One of these days I'll grab a picture of the front too, with its chrome brushguard. Note that the side ground effects have been removed and the area underneath painted. This is why sidesteps can be fitted.

• kingscorpiankingscorpian Member Posts: 16
    New pictures of KINGSCORPIAN'S JAZZY RIDE

M3 Package - Memory Feature for Power Front Seats

Power Front Seats

Privacy Glass

Bose Premium Audio System with Integrated 6-disc CD Changerose Premium

Power tilt/sliding tinted Sunroof

Mudflaps, Window Vent Visors

Front & Rear Grill Guard With Side Steps and Tail Light Guard

Stainless Steel Tail Pipe Tip

Hansfree Speaker Phone

Tweeters in front doors

Here is the link.Please copy & paste in your browser

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1432089&a=12827804&f=0

• megasuvownermegasuvowner Member Posts: 64
    Nice stalker photos of the red ML55, it really looks good in red.
  • pexplpexpl Member Posts: 18
    I noticed the pictures that you've taken in the bmw club.
    how can i join it sound exciting but right now i only have benz can in still join?
    A few pictures of the 3rd row seats. It's really quite flexible, as you can see, and unlike many other SUVs out there with 7 passenger seating, the seats can be removed to reduce weight when not needed (not that they're that heavy anyway). Each seating position also has full-sized head restraints, and 3 point seatbelts with pretensioners and force limiters at all outboard seating positions front and rear. The M-class is the only SUV on the market with rear seatbelt pretensioners/force limiters. In fact, MB is the only manufacturer, AFAIK, that has pretensioners/force limiters for the rear occupants as well for all of their vehicles (with rear seats, of course).

The entire 40% section of the 2nd row seat tilts and tumbles forward for easy access to the 3rd row.

Please note that there are child seat tethers behind the 3rd row as well.

Drew
    Host

• megasuvownermegasuvowner Member Posts: 64
    Drew is that your M-Class? If so, its real nice. What kind of entertainment canter do you have in there? Was it installed by Mercedes or aftermarket? I have some cheap flip down monitor in my navigator and it is awful. I might consider an entertainment system for my G-Wagen if they are installed by mercedes but, i wouldnt want anyone else really messing with it.
    No, it's not my ML (pictures of mine can be seen at http://go.to/m-class, or in post #14 in this topic) but yes, the entertainment system is very nice. This '01 Desert Silver/Java ML430 belongs to another TH participant (whose name escapes me at this moment). It has a TV tuner, as well as playstation hookups and a Hi-fi VCR. Pretty nice! I do recall him mentioning that his MB dealer was the one who offered the system, but outsourced it to a local shop to have it installed.

More pictures here:

TV antenna:

Wireless headphone transmitter:

Remote control receiver:

Drew
    Host
  • hilldhilld Member Posts: 5
    DVD based entertainment system consisting of 1 Audiovox 4" monitor in glovebox, 2 Audiovox 5.6" monitors in headrest, 1 Blaupunkt DVD/MP3/CD Player, 1 IR Transmitter, 5 IR Headsets and 1 FM Modulator.

Enjoy the pictures.

• sequoiasaurussequoiasaurus Member Posts: 240
    These are some pictures of a 02 ML320 that I test drove today. I've actually ordered a ML320 Silver/Ash M1,M2,M5, M7, Bose, Heated seats.

Hope you enjoy the pictures be sure to leave a message in the guest book.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1141116&a=13694094&f=0

• ml350dudeml350dude Member Posts: 5
    It would appear that the last photo submitted on this forum was 8 years ago in 2001!!?? When mine arrives I am going to post a photo. Cmon guys....post some of your ML's here!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Welcome! If you need a place to host your photos, there's free album space on your CarSpace page.
This discussion has been closed.