Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wbwynnwbwynn Member Posts: 246
    I would work off of the invoice price, not the msrp. 5% off msrp is a joke. You will have to request quotes from other dealers to get your local dealer to move and be more reasonable. This means you should fax or email your quote request to at least 5 dealers. You can use these numbers as leverage with your local dealer, or you may find that you don't want to do business with them and their "hard sell" attitude.

Be prepared to get on a plane and buy from an MB dealer who will give you a great price; it's done all the time. I like the new ml350, but they are not flying out the door. You don't see a lot of activity on this board like you do with other SUVs and crossovers. Good luck and let me know what info you get?
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    Just went through this...5% off is a reasonable deal. The car has a 7% markup, with no help from MB. Only way to do better is on a demo or something....
    plus 3% holdback; dealers have various motives for moving their stock; you have to get multple quotes....it appears that you have 10% to work with on a base model.
    see post #145 too.
  • newcar17newcar17 Member Posts: 7
    I am not sure if they will give me a final price over the phone, internet or fax.
    I called 2 dealers in CA and get nothing, one said when you coming to buy(no price over the phone), the other said I have to be there to get a price.
    I will keep trying until I find a good price, edmunds price is 1K below invoice, so I can't use that price to bargain :( .
  • freshwaterfreshwater Member Posts: 92
    I am seeing the prices ranging from $20K to $25K, 38K to 55K miles on them.
    Also which is the best Extended warranty available for these vehicles should i get that too and what should i pay for it.

I am in chicago mkt and looking on Ebay and some local dealers.

thanks.
  • eric33eric33 Member Posts: 4
    I just got my wife a base ML 350 with an MSRP of $40,525 for $37,000 plus fees. We got this price from two dealerships (MB of South Bay and MB of Laguna Niguel). We ended up buying one from MB of Laguna Niguel because of the color combination.

These were the only two dealers that we discussed numbers with, and they both seemed willing to deal.
  • newcar17newcar17 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your post, I called MB southbay. They sound very helpful and nice, make me feel like I have to fly and get a car from them. Is your car has sunroof and leather seat 37.000 or it is only base model. How much was your cost out door.
    Thanks alot for your post.
    Bought today 2002 ML500 Sport with 30K for $26750.
    Has 7 seats, running boards and sport package.
    Silver/light grey.
    Also got Extended care Total care Warranty bumper to bumper 48/60K $0 Ded for $2800.

Is this a good price for ML500 and warranty.
  • lorryfanlorryfan Member Posts: 76
    freshwater -

Your warranty price is competitive, BUT did you know you can get a 2yr/100K mile warranty from MB under the certified pre-owned [CPO] program? Your ML is still under warranty right? Am guessing it should be for the original 4yr/50K mile warranty. Check the paperwork to verify.

Here's what you need to do -
    1. Take your ML to the local MD dealership and let them perform the 120-point inspection and once that's passed (usually does, unless there are large dents and visible scrathes) and serious mechanical problems with the truck), MB will extend the warranty to 2yr/100K miles whichever one comes first....

2.Cancel the EW you just purchased and have MB service the vehicle under their warranty for another 2years.

3. Checkout squaretrade.com to get a quote for EW and be sure to read the fine print of what's covered and what's not.

Good Luck....
    My warranty expires last month 4yr, but it has low mileage and the SUV is in Mint condition. My driving will be less then 12k per yr. So 4yr/75K look reasonable.
    We got the base model - alabaster white exterior w/ ash cloth seats and no sunroof. We're fine with this configuration. The seats are made up of cloth on the bottoms and backs w/ leather inserts on the sides.

The out-the-door cost was about $40,414 if I remember right. I believe that MB of South Bay still has two similar vehicles in stock.

I don't know what you need in the car in terms of options, but the important thing to know is that ML's can be bought at below invoice. The deal I got was $743 below invoice.

Good luck and let me know how you do!
  • doinalright2doinalright2 Member Posts: 3
    I feel I received a great deal on a 1 owner 2002 ML 500, 19,500...loaded w/ 71K miles. The only gripe are the Pirelli Scorpion tires and kinda rough ridin'

Thanks all for taking the time to read this.
    Good info...thanks. You absolutely can buy below invoice if you are patient and get your facts beforehand. Let us know how you enjoy the M.
    New owners of the ML350, please comment on your experience with the transmisson; this seems to be the single most negative issue on the vehicle, but it appears that it is not universal. Maybe some recent purchasers could comment to see if the early issues have been addressed and corrected by MB-Alabama during the build.

I think that the re-design is fabulous, but I drive a Lexus and want to make sure that the service issues mentioned on MSN and Yahoo are the exceptions. Let's get this board moving...good or bad. All owner comments appreciated. THX
    As a whole, I am pleased with our new ML 350, but we will be having the transmission checked. We have experienced some rough, jerky shifts when slowing down.

Aside from the transmission issue, I have found the build quality to be very good with this vehicle. Even the transmission, with the exception of the rough shifts at slow speeds, is otherwise very smooth. We are just hoping that the transmission problem will be rectified and put behind us.

We'll be taking the vehicle in later this week, and I'll keep you posted on the outcome.
    Please let me know what MB says about your transmission; I am curious if there is a service bulletin fix out to the dealers....or just what the service tech says. Thx
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    .. you might have better luck here:
    Mercedes-Benz M-class (ML320, ML350, ML500 and ML55)

Or, here:
    MB M-Class Owners: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks, but I am only interested in the new 2006 M class
    Yeah.. amazingly enough... some of our owners stick around and continue to discuss their cars after the purchase... If you post your question there, you might run into one of them...

I find that most people don't re-visit the pricing of their car, once they are done..

Give it a try!!

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• gekko19gekko19 Member Posts: 1
    The service issues mentioned on MSN and Yahoo are NOT exceptions. I drive an RX330 and my wife recently purchased the 2006 ML350 after owning an LX470. In short, the ML350 went back to the dealership this week, permanently !
    We were excited about the design and had believed all reliability issues with the MClass had been resolved. The vehicle did drive wonderfully - it's only positive point. At about 2400 miles, in the middle of the Rosa Parks Freeway in Los Angeles, the ML 350 came to a stop. The fuel pump had broken. We are fairly patient people, so this was not the end of the world. However, our trip to the dealership to get this fixed was hassle. Unlike Lexus, which provides an efficient and friendly service center, the MB mechanic grumbled when he had to put out his cigarette and come inside to assist us. He was not at all sympathetic that our car had broken down in the middle of the freeway. He said the only loaner he had available was a Dodge Neon, and that would have to do while we waited for the part to come in. Repeat: 2400 miles on the car ! After a week, I called the dealership to tell them of my frustration - not once with the Lexus dealership did we ever have to wait a week, and we were always given a brand new Lexus vehicle to drive. The owner reluctantly apologized - and made no other amends. We picked up the car one week later from MB service.
    Three weeks after that, the breaks began to squeak - loudly. At $52,000, this was unacceptable. I called my lawyer, who in turn called the dealership - and they took the car back and offered a full refund.
    In summary, if you have a Lexus, do not go elsewhere. I was fortunate to be able to return the ML 350 without a hassle in most part because of my help from the legal profession - do not count on a similiar situation if you happen to buy one. We returned to the Lexus dealership this week and purchased the RX 400h - an excellent vehicle.
    I am sorry about your troubles, but it confirms my fears. I like the new ML design, but I could not put up with these breakdowns and service issues. Some of these things are just inconceivable for a luxury SUV.

I will stay with my Lexus until MB proves they can get it right.
  • simon46simon46 Member Posts: 1
    Breaks began to squeak at 13000 miles. Took it in to have brakes fixed. They put anti squeak grease on problem. It solved the problem for about 2 weeks. they are squeaking as loud as ever. P.S. They charged me $189 for the grease.
    They said bring it back in and they will fix for no charge!!!???? How long will it last....2 weeks? I'm very disappointed.
    Since this is a pricing discussion, you might have better luck getting opinions or answers here:

MB M-Class Owners: Problems & Solutions

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• robinderprobinderp Member Posts: 4
    We leased a 2002 ML350. It is a piece of junk. The day the warranty expired 10 things went wrong. We have owned a Lexua and a Nissan before. MB's customer service is atrocious comparitively. Maybe the sedans are different but I personally have no trust in the MB brand. We are turning this in at lease end and getting an Acura MDX
  • tygerleotygerleo Member Posts: 16
    We like to know what is price for extended warranty for our 2003 ML350. This SUV will be off lease and we will buy it for about $21K. We call MB USA, they said we can purchase the extended warranty for three-year/100K after the general warranty (4year/50K) for about $3K. Anyone know if dealer can sell it cheaper in Southern CA. Please help. Thank you.

• tygerleotygerleo Member Posts: 16
    Robinderp,

I don't think MB sold ML350 on yr2002. As matter of fact, they only sold ML350 in CA during the first half of yr 2003. I am quite aware of the problems with Mercedes. To be fair, our car runs well, only problem we had is its brake pads wore very fast, we changed the pads twice in 25K. This may contribute the soft brake material they use, but it stops very well on the freeway - Lexus (Toyota) and Acura (Honda) have yet known how to copy. Furthermore, it drives very well at high speed (say above 80mph), it seems the faster you drive, more stable it behaves on the highway -- Toyota does have the edge of so-call reliability, but this will increase becoming its reliability>. Do not forget Mercedes used to make the most reliable vehicle in the world - at least this the public precept ion in 60s, 70s and 80s.

For this reason, we decide to keep this vehicle with extended warranty. Please let us know what is the cost of this warranty if you have this information.
  • buyingbuying Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2006 ML 350 or 500.
    Can you please let me know the prices you've paid.

Really appreciate it.
  • buyingbuying Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

I am looking to purchase a 2006 ML 350 or 500.
    Can you please let me know the prices you've paid.

Really appreciate it.
    Can we get 2006 ML350 below invoice. Any one knows for the recent prices people paid.
  • camicamicamicami Member Posts: 10
    I just LEASED a 2006 ML 350. I don't know if I got a good deal, so if anyone can reply, I'd appreciate it. I do love the car and it drives fine, I didn't sense the weird transmission jerk or whatever.

The MSRP was 49,835 with premium package, sunroof, heated seats, DVD navigation, power tailgate. I got it down to 45,577, which they told me was already 1,500 below invoice price. With the fees and all, it came out to a total of 46,717. This is a 39 month lease at $628.87 a month, tax included. I kept telling them I wanted below invoice, not at invoice, or over invoice, so hopefully that's what I got.

The initial payment with all fees, etc. and first months lease was $5,300. I thought that was a lot to get the SUV out the door and it didn't seem to reflect the discount they gave me. We started at $5,300 out the door in the beginning of the deal and at the end of the day with their discounts, it was still the same.

Someone please respond and tell me if this is an ok deal. I always buy my car, this is the first time that I've leased. thanks.
  • camicamicamicami Member Posts: 10
    I forgot to add above:
    res factor = 61%
    money rate = 0.00365
  • cglnatcglnat Member Posts: 6
    I am seeing quotes 0.5 - 2.0k under invoice in the LA area on MLs
  • newmownernewmowner Member Posts: 86
    jerky transmissions is an issue with many of the 2006 MLs. i would be careful until they totally work this out.
  • jsb3jsb3 Member Posts: 4
    I am considering buying a 2006 ML350 or 500. Does anyone have any recent experience with a purchase or know what to look for? From a couple earlier comments, is it realistic to look for 2k below invoice on these? Also am I going to get a better deal on a 350 over a 500 due to supply? Any help is much appreciated!!
  • dolce_vitadolce_vita Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2006 ML350 for $38,000 out the door (including tax etc.) I did get the very basic model (no heated seats, no sunroof, brushed metal trim not wood) but I didn’t want those features so that worked great for me. It still has more features than any other comparable car (power everything, great CD/stereo) I did pay (in addition) 4000 to extend the full coverage warrantee to 7 yrs 100,000 miles (its usually $5000) and 500 to have free dent removal. I got 4.9 % financing for 66 months and only put 3000 down.

I got the bait & switch on the car at Mercedes SF and the higher price in Belmont. Almost didn’t buy a car at all after that. Mercedes WC had given me a price when I originally asked, then had to deal with the others because I called around to shop prices, they were going to transfer the car in from the Belmont store at that price, after Belmont thought I would buy it from them they refused to trade it to WC. I refused to pay even 5 cents more somewhere else. I called WC, explained the issue and they made it right within 10 min. Great job w/ customer service - Thank you Mercedes Walnut Creek

It hasn’t arrived yet (had to ship it from so cal) They did not charge for shipping and gave me a brand new C230 to drive until it gets here. Provided it’s like the similar car I drove but didn’t buy at the other dealer ($3000 more - same car) I will be happy.

Love that the seats fold flat, and that the seat bottoms remove for even more storage room in back. I looked at highlander, forerunner and jeep, nothing could even compare, and not that much less price wise.

BTW I fell in love w/ the C230, hate to have to return it.
  • johnceejohncee Member Posts: 2
    I am currently negotiating a lease on an 07 ML350 with P02, metallic paint, and heated seats. MSRP is 51,xxx. Negotiated price is 49,xxx (1K over invoice).

39 mo lease
    12K/year
    residual is 59% (+2% for 12K/year)
    Money Factor is .00388 (according to dealer, this is the buy rate from MBF)

Just thought that some of you may find this info useful.

Oh, and MB is currently offering $3000 cash back on their 06 ML's so you can get one waaaaaay under invoice. But only thing is that if you're leasing, you'll only get 48% residual but a .0024 money factor.
  • taslimahtaslimah Member Posts: 1
    I’m currently in the market for a 06 ML 350. Buying not leasing. I know that these should be at closeout pricing right now. Does anyone have specifics of which location to check out – I do not mind whatever part of the country it’s in. Tired of personnel who still expect me to endure the back-and-forth haggling. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  • ml350blastml350blast Member Posts: 1
    Just a got a 2006 ML350 with Premium Pks, Heated Seats, Sirius, Entertainment, Sunroof Pkg and Metallic stickered for 51315.00 for 45,200. Best part of the deal they gave me $17500.00 for a scuffed up 2003 A4 V6 Quattro with Pleather, Bose, Auto and Suuroof 35K Miles.

Driving Impression is very positive, so smooth on the highway 50-90 MPH. I do notice the quirks on transmision in the 10-0 MPH range but I just must be overly sensitive based on the internet reports. The comfort level and look of the truck totally outweigh that. I had a slight thunk in the Audi as well at 20-30 but it never affected the overall impression.

The seats are so comfortable, huge cargo space, three in the backseat is good thre adults.

It is the best looking SUV on the road for 2006 and 2007, BMW/Acura is dated.

Good Luck!
  • w3nd93mdw3nd93md Member Posts: 1
    Test drove RR Sport HSE, BMW X5, and ML 500 over the weekend and have to say I preferred the ML 500 in nearly every category over the other two. The ride, responsiveness, interior, etc. were all superior in the ML. Any thoughts on dealers in the greater Philadelphia area to deal with? Also, thoughts on prices with the premium II package?
  • johnceejohncee Member Posts: 2
    When I got my 07 ML350, we got $1800 under MSRP without much haggling. I think you can get $2200 off MSRP if you want to spend more time haggling.
  • mschafermschafer Member Posts: 317
    Just ordered a new 2007 ML320 CDI from Mercedes-Benz of South Atlanta because of their excellent treatment of me in my buying quest. I was given respect and treated as if I were a valued customer and important to them and their business. In addition to the excellent treatment, I think I was given a very fair price.

They are the farthest away (40 miles) from my home and business, as opposed to the one located in Gwinnett County just 2 miles away from where I live and work. It was the way I was treated by both of these dealers which caused me to buy from MB of South Atlanta.

Excellent customer service and a good price combined to earn my business with them. Good folks!

I have had an MB in my driveway or garage continuosly since 1972. Now I'm gonna have two. :)
  • singlelifsinglelif Member Posts: 2
    Help !! Just bought a used 2003 ML 350 on Monday. Had to order the owners manual, and haven't received it yet. Can anyone tell me how to turn on the interior lights ? They won't come on when I push on them. They showed me at the dealership, but in the past couple of days I've been fooling around with the knobs and such, and somehow managed to do something where they won't come on. Any help ? Thanks.
    Picked up the ML320 CDI from Mercedes-Benz of South Atlanta one week earlier than had been anticipated.

All was in order; and the paperwork and delivery went through exactly as promised with no surprises.

These are good folks who don't play the silly games that far too many dealerships try to play. Highly recommended over the other three dealers in the Atlanta area.

(PS - Their parts and accessory prices are right in line, too; which is more than I can say for the one closest to me in the NE Atlanta suburbs.) :)
  • ekelenyiekelenyi Member Posts: 1
    Are you willing to say what you paid...
    I was talking to a dealer in Iowa the other day and they were willing to take 2-3% off MSRP on the 2007 ML320CDI. They said they only they had about 6% margin to work with i.e. dealers cost to MSRP.
    Driveout was about 4.5% below MSRP. That included everything but tax, tag & title.
  • vargh3sevargh3se Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2006 ML350 (250 miles) for (invoice - $3000). No haggling, stress or anything ... easily the best car purchase experience I've ever had :)

Hoping to hear if it's a good price, as I was wondering if I could have gotten this at any time of year (i.e., usual sales pitch about end of year, we want to make a sale, etc)
  • ez2doez2do Member Posts: 9
    I am also looking to buy a 2003 ML350. So far the mileage ranges from 35-45k and priced around $25k for their certified vehicles.

How much did you pay for yours or if anyone knows of a good price in the NJ area ?

Thanks.
  • molearymoleary Member Posts: 9
    I paid several thousand under INVOICE for a ML500 in December. Your dealer was not being honest with you. What aprt of the country are you in?

Michael
  • kris17kris17 Member Posts: 18
    Dear Moleary ...I am just about to hit the local dealers in the Va. DC area and I'm interested in am ML500, but I've always been under the impression that because they don't sell so many ML500, the deals posible are'nt as great as for the ML350. Could you please talk a little more about the specifics on your ML500 deal that you paid thousands less than invoice?
    Thanks
    Kris