Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kl07rphkl07rph Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2010
    Hello everyone,

An ML350 W4 w/ heated seats has a sticker for 49,815; edmunds TMV for my area (Chicago) is 48,193. With an invoice of 46,389, anyone think the the TMV price can be further discounted? I apologize in advance; currently cross-shopping for an ML, RX, or GLK (I know, different category in size) for my wife and figured if the ML is ~8% more than a well equipped GLK or RX350, might as well go for the larger model.
  • happychubbyhappychubby Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2010
    Hi,
    I am from San Francisco and negotiated a 2010 ML350 deal yesterday. Is there more room on the pricing?

2010 ML 350 RWD
    Metallic Black
    Package 1
    heated front seat
    pre-wire for backseats
    running board

The price I got was $47,000, what do you guys think?

Also, how much is the registration fee, etc? is it correct to budget about another 12% (b/c of the rediculously high tax here) after the final price?

Thanks in advance!
    Rob
  • jwilliams2jwilliams2 Member Posts: 910
    edited March 2010
    It would be helpful if you gave the actual MSRP when asking about a deal. No one here should have to take the time to figure it out based on your list of equipment.

Check with your DMV to find out the sales tax rate, license and registration amounts.
    You are right, jwilliams2.
    The MSRP for the package I was offered is $55,982. So it's like $8K off.
    Any thoughs?
    Is that the actual MSRP on the Monroney sticker? Seems about 3 grand high, if it is in fact a RWD. Perhaps it's a 4-matic?
    I did the calcucation off Yahoo's auto. I don't remember what's on the car sticker. and it is a ML 350, not a 4-matic. So what do you think about the $47K the sales offered me? is that reasonable?
    Thanks again!
    Well, it's $2000 under invoice, and $3000 below Edmunds TMV, so I would think it's a good price.
    thanks a lot for your input!
    have a good weekend,
  • capsleocapsleo Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Could you share your dealer's contact information to me? Many thanks.

My email address is leozhonghua@gmail.com
  • mlnewbiemlnewbie Member Posts: 1
    I would a like anyone's opinion on whether or not this is a decent price for a 2010 ML350W2 in SoCal

Palladium Silver
    Ash interior
    Running boards
    Pre wired entertainment
    P1 package
    MSRP $52,065
    Negotiated price $47,000

Thanks for any input.
  • natasha69natasha69 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2010
    I asked the dealer for the sticker details. I got those and ran the numbers against edmunds. Looking at some of the deals some people got here, I'm wondering if the invoice # looks a little high. Any chance I can get this particular car for under 50k?

SUMMARY.................................................................MSRP / INVOICE
         ML350W4      BLACK.............................................$48,200 / $44,826

***** OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES *****                                
    P01  P01 Package: Auto-Dimming Mirrors, COMAN.......$3,950 / $3,674
    319  319 Lighting Package: Active Bi-Xenon He..............$970 / $902
    322  322 Appearance Package: Alum. Roof Rails...........$970 / $902
    550  Trailer Hitch (Class III)...........................................$540 / $502
    731  Burl Walnut Wood Trim                                           
    846  Brushed Aluminum Running Boards w/Rubber.........$660 / $614
    866  Rear Seat Entertainment System Pre-Wirin.............$160 / $149
    873  Heated Front Seats...............................................$740 / $688

SUBTOTAL..................................................................$56190- / $52257
    =======================================================
    DESTINATION & DELIVERY........................................$875 / $875
    TOTAL........................................................................$57- 065 / $53132

---
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    edited April 2010
    A reporter is looking to speak to recent luxury car buyers/owners who considered a Lincoln but then decided against it. Please send your daytime phone number to ctalati@edmunds.com by Tuesday, April 20, 2010.
    Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• powdeskierpowdeskier Member Posts: 2
    Lease coming up end of June on my 2008 ML 550 with 41K miles. I like the car, not in love with it, but would buy it if deal makes sense. Lease buyout number is currently $35,322 at end of lease, Edmunds online appraisal shows "trade in" value of $39,960 and private party sale value of $44,000. Kind of surprised value has held up so well. The dealer finance dept. rep is telling me as we get closer MB Financial should be willing to reduce buyout number.

Car is eqippped with MB tex, Premium 1 Pkg ( rear camera,hands free,rear audio,DVD nav, sirius, harmon kardon), AMG Sport Pkg., sunroof, running boards, Ipod kit,voice,CD changer

Question: What's the best way to get the lowest buyout price on a lease? Do these numbers make sense? Thanks in advance for any
  • jagoojagoo Member Posts: 23
    am looking at a 2007 m350 being sold by a private seller . It has 39k miles with pemium2 package and the rear video player and appearance package with 19 inch rims. The seller wants $33500. What is a fair price for this car?

It is non cpo and it does not have an extended warranty.

Thanks
  • mp85mp85 Member Posts: 2
    Am looking at purchasing a 2010 ML 550. Would love some guidance as to what people have been paying (e.g., below invoice, at invoice or some amount above invoice). I'm going with the Premium Package 1 (considering Parktronic).

Thanks.
  • absolutrajabsolutraj Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I'm looking at almost the exact same configuration.
    What was the final price, down payment, and monthly you got on this car?
    Where?

Thanks
  • beeneverywherebeeneverywhere Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2010
    ML350 RWD P1, Hitch, Running Boards, Prewire, Heated seats, 19" wheels
    MSRP: $53,345
    Discounted Price: $47694
    39 month lease $3000 Drive Off
    12K miles per year
    Residual: 53%
    Money Factor: .00155
    $661 incl CA (9.25%) tax

Believe it was a fair deal for both.
  • mbz4mbz4 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking forward to purchase 2010 ML 350 - 4 Matic with P01, any idea what price range I should look at ?
  • hanniblehannible Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I am currently trying to buy a ML350 (not 4-matic) BLK on BLK with the following features:

(For a 2010 model)
    Base: $ 45,500
    P1 package: $ 4,000
    Auto-Dimming Mirrors, COMAN
    115V AC Power Outlet
    iPOD/MP3 Media Interface + Cable
    Rearview Camera
    Power Driver seat with memory
    Power Steering column
    COMAND w/navigation
    SIRIUS Satellite Radio + HD Radio
    Power Liftgate

19" 5-Spoke Alloy Wheels
    Aluminum Running Boards $650
    Rear entern. prewiring $160
    Subtotal: $50,500
    Dest & Delivery $875
    Total $51,400

Negotiated to $47K INCLUDING OUT-OF-STATE SHIPPING.

How does this price sound? Should I be able to get more incentives for buying a 2010 model? Are there incentives coming up till Thanksgiving?

Thanks!!
  • jlsellersjlsellers Member Posts: 38
    I live in Scottsdale, and my wife wants to replace her SRX coming off lease with an ML 350 4Matic. I think the Phoenix dealers are too fond of their vehicles for me.

I configured on Edmunds a Capri Blue with minimal options (appearance and door sills), indicated that I was expecting to lease at the November MBFS buy rates for lease factor (.0007) and acquisition fee ($795), and sent a quote request to the four dealers in the Valley of the Sun. I got back descriptions of one or two blue vehicles in their inventory, all with MSRP at least $4,000 over what I asked for, and quotes that amounted to $1,000 under dealer invoice or higher.

I wrote back to ask if the pricing applied if I ordered the vehicle, and a couple replied yes, but nobody talked about lease factors. So, I sent the same email to all, saying that I wanted to order (I don't need $4,000 worth of dimming mirrors or heated front seats in Arizona), that I thought $1500 under invoice was right, and that I wanted to confirm that I would be getting the November buy rates from MBFS.

I was either ignored, got a flat "no" without explanation, or got an insulting response from the oldest dealer in town. He said that nobody in the country would hold the November lease rates for an order which would take 10 weeks to come in, which I find absurd since the MBFS website itself says that "the vehicle may have to be ordered," not that the vehicle must be purchased from inventory or delivered by a specific date. BMW and most others will always give you the lease rates in effect at the time of the order, or better if rates improve while you are waiting for the vehicle. The MB dealer also said they would give me $1500 back of invoice on any car in inventory anywhere in the country, but it was absurd to think they would give the same pricing on a vehicle that they would need to order and wait 10 weeks to deliver. (The obvious question is: why not? It costs them nothing to wait.)

Nobody gave me a complete picture to say if they would give me the buy rate on lease factors, or how much they would insist on marking them up. Knowing that I want to lease, quoting the vehicle price is misleading if they just intend to mark up the lease to get their profit there, instead.

I have previously travelled to CA to get vehicles there. Can anyone suggest a dealer who will be willing to address my offer in a direct and open way? Or should I stick with BMW, where I just ordered an M3 and locked in the buy rate lease factors for November and got a waiver of payments on an early turn in of my Z4 (which I picked up in CA and am returning here).
  • bigpig426bigpig426 Member Posts: 15
    Hi, I'm new to the ML forum. Before I begin, I would like to thank everyone for posting your experience purchasing/leasing an ML. They are extremely helpful.

I'm looking to place an order for a RWD ML350 equipped as follows: Steel Grey (metallic), P1, Lighting Package, Appearance Package, and Running Boards. The MSRP for the car is $54730, with invoice of $50961 according to Edmunds. The best price I have so far is $49230 ($5500 off MSRP). My goal is to get $7000 off MSRP, as some posts indicated that was the deal they got. I live in Southern Cal and would appreciate your advice if that's too much discount to ask. If not, please advise if you know where/whom I can possibly negotiate a $7K off MSRP deal. Thanks!!!
  • isenkusisenkus Member Posts: 1
    Just wanna share...
    bought a new ML 350 AWD on Mar 30 2011... with the following specs:

ML 350 - 4Matic
    Capri Blue
    Premium 1 Option
    Wood steering wheel
    heated front seat
    side step aluminum board (can't remember what's the name of the item)
    pre-wire back seat entertainment
    MB-tex seat

msrp ~$56,700
    invoice ~$53,300 (like i care)
    paid (before tax) $49,000

i told them:
    1. gas price is $4.30/gallon... i need some incentive to buy this bad boy
    2. the 2012 model is coming in Oct... i can wait.. or you can help me decide to buy it today
    3. i found out that the dealership (in San jose, ca) is owned by publicly traded company .. Autonation... so, they are very motivated to meet their Q1'11 target/quota.

i hope this is a good deal because you always feel that it isn't. :(
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Went to local dealer today test drove ML350 gas and diesel models. Gas is underpowered, but diesel has nice pickup. 2012 ML 350 gas getting engine hp upgrade should help. My deal for ML350 bluetec was 4,000 off MRSP which included loyalty and conquest cash. My opinoin is this is a terrible deal as others are getting 7,000-8,000 off. Next dealer here I come.
  • urhelpplsurhelppls Member Posts: 2
    about to lease 2011 ml350 for 48 months 15k miles a year. 5k down for 538 a month.
    p1 pckg.
    heated seats
    keyless- go
    class II trailer hitch
    brushed alum running boards
    wood multifunction streering wheel
    blind spot assist
    rear seat pre-wire
    burl walnut wood trim
    tinted windows thrown in
    white w/ beige MB-tx interior
    Does this deal sound good?
  • happybuyer11happybuyer11 Member Posts: 10
    ML 350 gas with Prem 1 package includes navigation
    33 months/12k miles.
    5000 down payment, 530 monthly payment included everything.
    Is this a very good deal?
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    In about 3 months from now, brand new and completely redesigned ML is coming out. The car looks awesome! You can see the photo gallery here: 2012 ML.

After seeing this car in and out, I don't think anyone should get 2011, unless the deal is very inexpensive... Because you end up driving the "old body style" by leasing for 3-4 years...
    Hi, everyone,
    Here is my give back to the community. I know the new ML350 model is coming out but this also means it is the best time to lease a 2010 ML350 now.
    I am in SoCal and I got a great deal at Arcadia Rusnak. Ask for Payam there.
    400 for 33 months/7500 miles. 4000 down. Premium navigation package. All fees and tax included!!!!!!!!
    Lease disposition : 595 (If u lease another Benz then you do not pay that)
    I own a Lexus HS250 so I get some discount for Benz Conquest program.

I am the most picky, shameless, and cheap buyer out there.
    I have shopped around for SUV of Acura MDX, Lexus RX, Buick enclave and finally ML350. I like the truck space and brake technology of Benz.
    Most sales I dealt with are very useless. They do not know much about the car other than being a message boy for price.
    However, the Benz sales person I dealt with, Payam is really an exceptional sales person. He answered all the technical questions I want to know about navigation and safety issues. During the negotiation, he did his best to comfort me and my wife.
    I used Internet bidding but then I found I still had to deal with the sales person and then manager. So I do not get a more "direct" access to by pass the sales layer to buy a car.
    By the way, I also dealt with Car brokers. A car broker can deliver the car to your home and you dont pay until the last moment you pick up the car. So in a way you have nothing to lose.
    But my sales person, Payam was willing to work the extra miles to help me match the car broker's price. Most importantly, he help me avoid the broker fee of $299. Compare with a tyical sales who often "up" the price first, Payam was exceptionally being honest. It saved time.
    I still walked away from the deal because Benz did not want to get my 140,000 miles Celica for $4000 down payment.
    Then I sold my Celica for 3800 cash and went back.

Of course being a shameless buyer I am, I walked out again from financing room when I heard that Benz will void the warranty if I do not use dealership for service......
    Finally, when I confimed the truth about Benz's warranty, I went back to the dealership to seal the deal.
    Before my car left the lot, I apprecaited Payam spent a lot of time to show me all the features of my new SUV. I purchased Lexus and Inifinity in the past but never experienced such good service from a sales person.

The design of the dealership is to catch us off guard and suck our payment as much as it can from our bottom line number. Nowadays even many sales are not playing "good cops" anymore. I am letting the sales make thousands $ of profit so I want them to always be gental no matter what I say, bring me water, explain all car features in 1 second without looking or asking aronud, answer my email promptly, and comfort me when I am not getting my price.
    I am glad that I met good one at the end.

I hope my post helps.
    If you have any question, send me your email. I got 4 brands of SUV offers from many dealerships.....
  • storm10storm10 Member Posts: 260
    I thought the rules of this forum is not to post any sales person name.... It sounds like an advertisment for some sales guy...
    I just want to share my info for others to get cheaper deals.
    How do I edit my existing post?
  • nlaws33nlaws33 Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I just purchased the 2012 ML350 from WI Simonson in Santa Monica, CA. Car has following options:

Package 1
    +Keyless Go
    +Park Assist
    +Wooden Stearing Wheel
    +Panorama roof
    +Rear-Seat Entertainment Pre-Wire

Quote was $1K off invoice, or $52K (MSRP of $56.6K), and they took care of ~$1K in lease lien payoffs. Unclear how much was conquest, but they did give some weight to my wife coming over from Volvo. Just wanted to provide a data point for those ML350 shoppers out there.
  • 145b145b Member Posts: 1
    How much did you actully pay for the 2012 ML 350?
    Thanks.
  • zwy_okzwy_ok Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2012 ML350, msrp 53,530, bought at 46,500 (applied 3000 fleet employee program incentive). Used Mercedes finance, for Nov. mercedes has 1500 finance credit supposed to applied to first two payment. Need to wait till my first bill to confirm whether it's true.

Dealer has another car with beige inside color, but they want 1000 more for that car, finally decided to save the 1000 and live with the black inside.

There is 2000 conquest incentive if you're eligible.
  • 3368033680 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone give their final cost. How much could you go below MSRP
  • mangalrajmangalraj Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get a ML350 bluetech with option package 1 . What is a good price to pay for this. given most dealers say they dont have many bluetec models in their inventory.
    thanks
    Bought 7y/75k mercedes extended warranty for 2899 when I bought the ml350. Is this a good price? Dealer said the price for mercedes warranty is not negotiable, is that true? Thanks.
  • coachelladougcoachelladoug Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had luck in finding an after market trailer light adapter for the MB OEM installed towing package? In specific a 7 to 4 pin adapter (7-4)
    I've gone to countless U-hauls, and auto parts stores, but been unble to find a working trailer adapter for the lights. Called many MB dealers, no one sells any adapters. Seems lame that MB installs the towing package but does not provide, make or even supplies an after market adapter (whether it be a 7-5 or 7-4). I've tried adapters with no center/ground pin (no lights on trailer), and also with center/ground pin (only flashing lights, no turning or brake lights). Trailers are regular U-haul trailers. It's not the trailers, gone to over 6 U-hauls and tried over 7 adapters on over 20 trailers. So, it's not the trailers, nor the adapters. Adapters work great on rented pick-up. :mad:
    Taken the ML 350 to two MB service stations, to check on the OEM lighting set up, they both say it's working properly (7-pin), but don't know which adapter would work. They offered to have their mechanics REWIRE an after market adapter, to work with the OEM towing package; of course for a 3-4 hour charge!
    Right there, something tells me that they know that the MLs have a problem with the OEM towing package.
    Any help on where to get a 7-4 adapter that works with the 2011 ML 350 is highly appreciated. In hindsight, should have not traded my Range Rover for this car. I do at least one towing every other month, and I'm S**t out of luck. Tired of renting pick-ups to do the trailering, when the ML 350 with OEM installed towing package should do.

Douglas
  • treyonetreyone Member Posts: 5
    zwy ok, I'm curious about the $1500 finance credit. Is that a credit you get if you don't use the Mercedes 1.9% financing deal, or is it a credit that you get in addition to the 1.9% ?

The reason I ask is some manufacturers offer either the low cost financing or a cash credit back.
    A credit you get in addition to the 1.9%.
  • treyonetreyone Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the prompt response. It doesn't seem like Mercedes advertises the $1500, so I am guessing the dealers sometimes suck up the $1500 for themselves if the buyer doesn't know to ask for it.
  • viawviaw Member Posts: 34
    mlevine,
    so you got 7-8k off MSRP. is that total with the conquest or without?
    thanks
  • temiztemiz Member Posts: 11
    Hi CarMan,

What is the residual and lease rate for 2012 ML Bluetec with Prem 1 and 2 package which has about 61400 usd. for 30 or 33 months 12000 miles a year?

And also do they have any incentives for December or Christmas. I am planning to get one next week, the one that i ordered. Should I wait till the end of the year?

What is the best amount to to negotiate for this car 54K maybe?

Thanks
  • holdtheroadholdtheroad Member Posts: 3
    I'd like to order a 2012 ML350 BlueTEC with the Lighting and Dynamic Handling Packages, but the dealer informed me that choosing those options will delay delivery until April of 2012. Has anyone else on here been provided the same information by a dealership and can you verify its accuracy? Thanks.
  • leokadia1leokadia1 Member Posts: 94
    I pick up my 2012 ML350 Bluetec on December 1. 289 wood / Leather Steering Wheel, S01 Package and 993 lane Tracking Package .
    650 Artic White N/C, 101 Black MB-Tex N/C and 734 Eucalyptus Wood Trim N/C.

MSRP $56,005.00 Paid $50,000.00 + State Taxes

Sovereign Motors Cars LTD
    Brooklyn, NY
  • jjedneyjjedney Member Posts: 1
    Hey Doug,

Did you ever find a solution to this - I am infuriated with the same issue!!!

Thanks,

J
  • coachelladougcoachelladoug Member Posts: 2
    J.

Nothing yet. I found an adapter for Porsche and VW but it's sold out. No supplies until Jan. 2012. Although I don't know if this adapter would fix the 2011 ML problems.
  • water48334water48334 Member Posts: 10
    Just bought a 2012 ML350 bluetec in NOVA, MSRP 55700, paid $48000 +TTL of nearly $2000. Arctic white, 50 miles on it. S01 package, heated wheel, pre-wire for RES, running board.

Then, just realized that no so many dieseal stations around.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Fortunately.... with a diesel, you won't have to fill up, nearly as often... :)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• leokadia1leokadia1 Member Posts: 94
    You have Nav, set it to locale diesel stations. :)
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    Did you get extended warranty? I got a 2012 ML350 in Texas and the dealer sold me 7/75000 warranty for $3600, Tyre and Wheel Plus for $1295 and Paint Less dent Removal for $599. I am wondering if I really need all these. What would be the reasonable price for an extended warranty.
  • kohinoorkohinoor Member Posts: 16
    I got a 2012 ML350 in Texas and the dealer sold me 7Yr/75000 extended warranty for $3600, Tyre and Wheel Plus for $1295 and Paint Less dent Removal for $599. What would be the reasonable price for an extended warranty. Can I buy an extended warranty from other sources, if so any suggestions.