Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• water48334water48334 Member Posts: 10
    No, I didn't. They offer 10/100000 warranty for about $4900, so I reclined. I feel the basic warranty of 4/50000 is quite ok.
  • steven_volvosteven_volvo Member Posts: 1
    Could you let me know which dealer in NOVa you bought the car from? Thanks
  • water48334water48334 Member Posts: 10
    Sure, I bought it from Tyson Corner MB. On the same day, at least three ML350 were sold. I foung other two with silver exteriors, but sold to someone else quickly. Good luck with your shopping.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congratulations on Your new car purchase.
    Can You please tell us which dealership You bought Your car from?
    Thankyou.
    You've already answered it.
    Thankyou.
  • leokadia1leokadia1 Member Posts: 94
    Sovereign Mercedes- Benz
    1800 Shore Parkway
    Brooklyn, NY 11214
    Thank You.
  • fimsyfimsy Member Posts: 12
    I am in the market for a new car- ML 350 vs BMW X5. I am a bit confused about which to go for, can somebody give me an honest advice. For me the priority is a luxury SUV with a smooth drive that will keep me from too frequent visits to the car dealers for repair. I am lso relocating to Minnesota so lots of snow
  • ujjavalpujjavalp Member Posts: 4
    no doubt about ride, smooth feel on steering wheel, quiet and comfortable sitting and better performance with ML 350 compare to X5. I drove both back to back for comparison. you should try it and decide since many of these things in luxary SUV is similar and there are subtle differences with lot of subjectivity.
    Thank you ujjavalp
  • trippctrippc Member Posts: 27
    hi fimsy..

i would like to share with you my experiences with my 09 ml and 12 x5 that i recently got. i would like to start off with the reason why i got the ml in the first place at the time was really the incentives that merc was willing to throw in - they weren't generous enough to include the 3 yr complimentary maintenance though. In any regards, my merc sat on 20" rims through the appearance pkg and it rode very comfortably. Here are my thoughts and highlights:

cons:
    power from h/p (268) to torque is lagging behind competitors like BMW's X5. hated the acceleration.
    options (p1 & p2) are pricey where as an X5 would include most in not all through their convenience pkg.
    steering was too soft for an aggressive driver like myself.
    very archaic technology (pre-2011 models)

pros:
    the ride is awesome - may be the 20" rim factor
    plows through snow and heavy rain without any concern whatsoever
    driver and passenger side seats are nice and thick

BMW's X5 - My comments are strictly my experiences with the two trucks. the main reason for me to trade in my 09 ml was my displeasure in the power and torque in addition to some nice incentives BMW was honoring at the time of the purchase.

cons:
    not a true fan of the split trunk door
    front driver and passenger seats aren't as comfortable as MERC in that those tend to let you feel sitting in a bucket than not
    DVD console isn't designed with the intent for children (at least that's how I feel)

pros:
    very powerful with h/p (300) and torque (300)
    complimentary 4yr service
    intuitive system navigation through its idrive
    steering is very compelling to make me more obedient to the road
    smaller gas tank than the 09 ml and better gas mileage when comparing them two

I haven't seen snow yet so no comments on how it works through snow but heavy rain wasn't a concern. I haven't taken it off roading either so I'll leave that for some other forum users to comment on that.

I've owned my ml for two years and only driven it for 5k miles so not a lot of driving and may be too subjective to my driving time so do take that into consideration. Though once I trade it in for the X5 (albeit a newer modeled year SAV), I was like in heaven. I hope this helps and give you some insights into your buying decisions. Again I would like to stress that the 12 ml may be better and you may have to do some other cross comparisons for a fairer comparison.
    Thank you Trippc for your detailed explanation . Between the 2 cars is there really anyone that's more costly to maintain as per the the cost of the car parts ? Which is more reliable ? Thank you. Does the BMW warranty cover parts replacement or just free servicing?
  • fisher54188fisher54188 Member Posts: 25
    Hi Leo...

Does your price include the incentives such as Fleet and competitor incentive?

Thanks a bunch!

:D
    I am a member of usaa , Mercedes has a program that gives $3000 off and the dealer matched it = Total of $6,000.00 of MSRP. If you served in the US Military and have had a honorably separated , you can join for free and get the discount.

Good Luck

PS I had my 2012 ML350 Bluetech for a month and a half, best truck i have ever owned!!!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    Does anyone know the current purchase and/or lease incentives on the ML? There must be more than the incentives Edmunds currently has posted. I'm considering a 30 month/12k mile lease but don't know the residuals and money factors under the new program either. Does anyone have that info?
  • shortyrock302shortyrock302 Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know if the acquisition fee on the same exact model car can be different from dealer to dealer?
  • shortyrock302shortyrock302 Member Posts: 7
    I know they have a conquest incentive going until 1/31 which will give you $2000 off if you have or trade in a BMW, Audi, Porche, Lexus, etc. Google to see which cars will get you qualified. They won't tell you about this when you're making the deal, then when I inquired, they said "Oh that's included in that # we're giving you. So, with the conquest cash included you could easily get 10% off MSRP. I went to 2 different dealerships, pretty much same deal as far as easy 10% off. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    The base fee is $795... Mercedes Finance allows dealers to mark the fee up to $1095 for extra dealer profit..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• jrnjjrnj Member Posts: 2
    Looking to Purchase a 2012 ML. How do I verify that the dealer is holding any of the Fleet Discount total $'s back that I am entitled to? Looking at a Black ML350 (Gas). List Price $56,340. (P1 /Keyless-Go/Panorama Roof/Rear Seat Ent Prewire/Heated Steering Wheel/and Running Boards) What do you think is a fair price for this vehicle. I do have a car to trade in, however I will figure that into the cost after I get an offer that I believe to be fair. Is it unreasonable to think that I could get at least 10% off of MSRP (-$5634), when including Fleet Discount or do you think I should get more?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    Here is the website for the Mercedes Fleet Program...

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/fleet_program/fep/overview?src=4054

There is a really good explanation of how the fleet discount works.... It looks like you still have to negotiate your best deal.. then, they discount the car a further set amount..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    They are discounting the vehicle by 9K off MSRP.
    Lease is 549 Plus Tax and license for P1 package. Total $610 per month plus last month and security deposit for 30 month lease. This is if you have current lease with MB financial. They send out letter to trade in the lease early by 12/31/2011 for a new ML.
    They are pushing hard to make sales. This is in Northern Ca.
  • konradlvkonradlv Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2012
    I went last night to my local dealer.
    The car i liked was BlueTec ML 350.
    Black,P1, Lane Tracking Package, Rear seat Entertainment prewire, Wood/LeatherMultifunction Steering Wheel, Keyless-GO
    Total MSRP $57,565
    I will be trading my Audi and was told Conquest is only $1,000
    They agree to sell for $54,000-$1,000.

Any thoughts about this deal???
  • konradlvkonradlv Member Posts: 11
    I went last night to my local dealer.
    The car i liked was BlueTec ML 350.
    Black,P1, Lane Tracking Package, Rear seat Entertainment prewire, Wood/LeatherMultifunction Steering Wheel, Keyless-GO
    Total MSRP $57,565
    I will be trading my Audi and was told Conquest is only $1,000 They agree to sell for $54,000-$1,000.

Any thoughts about this deal???
  • jrnjjrnj Member Posts: 2
    Push for 10% off MSRP, which includies conquest. I have heard of others who have received that.
    Wow, that is a huge discount.
    Can You please tell us which dealership is offering that discount?
    Thank You.
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Local dealer is taking 5k off msrp. I am not sure if that is a good price or not. I will wait to see what the incentives are for next month.
  • lovecarzlovecarz Member Posts: 2
    Just closed the deal before end of Jan for $7500 below MSRP + Free running boards installed by the dealer. This includes $2k for conquest (coming from a BMW).

BlueTec + S01 Package: Auto-Dimming/Power-Folding + Wood / Leather Steering Wheel + Rear Seat Entertainment Pre-wiring + KEYLESS-GO = MSRP $56,045 (including destination). Got it for $48,545.

Picking up the car in few days. (waiting for the dealer to install the running boards). I can give the dealer info once I pick up the car. The dealership is on the North Eastern region.

Thanks
    I paid $50,000.00 on December1, 2011 without any conquest cash. After I made my first payment my Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, they gave me $1,500.00 credit on my loan payments. Now my ML350 Bluetech final price is the same as yours $48,500.00 even. :)
  • asteinbergasteinberg Member Posts: 138
    Waiting for one with xenon lights, and to see if they will make offer --as with non-xenon; very nice offers here in So Calif but waiting for light package. Had to return new Lexus 450H within a month due to compromised cabin integrity and toxic fumes. Dealership would not road test vehicle as we experienced -- very long drive, followed by steep uphill climb. Dealer said we had to eat $5000; Lexu Corp still doesn't get it and even after my wife and son had health problems, they won't even pay $5000. We'll pursue with government jurisdictions and litigation. In meantime, considering Mercedes. Anyone know if xenon light package ML350 around?
  • adiehl13adiehl13 Member Posts: 28
    Lovecarz- would love to get the name of that Northeast dealer. Looking for the same car.
  • adiehl13adiehl13 Member Posts: 28
    Was 50k the out the door price (tags, title, tax)? What was the selling price?
  • kevin146kevin146 Member Posts: 1
    Can you tell me how much $ off from msrp .for 2012 ml350 i live in phoenix thank you
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    7500 off MSRP...but that was january 3rd.
    Sovereign Motors
    Brooklyn, new York :)
  • lovecarzlovecarz Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Picked up the car last weekend. Absolutely love the car. The name of the dealership is MB of West Chester, PA. I got close to 8k off msrp. Please note that the sale was finalized in Jan.

Thanks!
  • trident9440trident9440 Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,
    It's great to see everyone here sharing experience on the ML350. I just bought a new one this weekend and the price I paid was $52,000 (out of door). The MSRP is $53465 including destination charge. This car is black, P01 package. Nothing else special.

Is this a good deal?

Thanks,
    Trident
    Good Luck, I hope you enjoy your 2012 ML350 as much as I do. :)
  • cobalt210cobalt210 Member Posts: 2
    Just ordered an ML350 Bluetec, P2, xenon, Driver Assistance, heated wheel, running boards & trailer hitch. Paid 12.5% below MSRP. I think I did well.
  • dpraodprao Member Posts: 2
    I got a deal from a dealer in Bay area,CA for 2012 ML 350 for $53,765 plus taxes and fees.

1. Option 1 package
    2. Lane tracking package
    3. Panorama sun roof.
    4. Trailer Hitch.
    5. DVD entertainment system package
    6. Aluminium brushed boards

Is this good deal, please advise. If not, what is the good price for the above options?
  • ozzynycozzynyc Member Posts: 31
    I was offered 2012 ML350 Bluetec with P1 package and Running Boards, silver ($795), 10k miles per year, for $500 for a 24 month lease using one pay option. so it would be $500x24+tax+dmv=around $14,300in NY (factoring in 1k for conquest). What do you guys think.

Also is it true that there's a tax on rebate? and is there a way to negotiate the contract to exclude the disposition fee? Such a scam by many companies forcing you to buy or lease another vehicle.
  • tommyboy17tommyboy17 Member Posts: 1
    This sounds like a great deal, and one I am currently looking for. What area of the country was this, and how long did they tell you production time was on that? The wait is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger at this point. Sounds like you got an awesome price as well. Thanks in advance cobalt210.
  • lovemymb2lovemymb2 Member Posts: 5
    If you want great sales and service and live in NewJersey go to Ray Catena in Edison, NJ. MSRP was $56,800. Paid $51,000+ tax.
  • ptsfptsf Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Hi,

What was the MSRP? Can you post the dealer name?

PT
  • lovemymb2lovemymb2 Member Posts: 5
    I was wonder what the MSRP was. Can you post?
    $56,005.00 :)
    $56,005.00 Sovereign Motors
    Brooklyn, N :) ew York
  • carman2012carman2012 Member Posts: 2
    What you think of this

Ml350 p1, leather,runnin boards, keyless go lighting package. 54500
    Was the MRSP price over $63,000.00 ? If so Great Price! :)
  • carman2012carman2012 Member Posts: 2
    No msrp was 57990

Paid 52999
  • joeyijoeyi Member Posts: 13
    Looking to purchase a 2012 ML350 - Live near So Calif and looked at a ML350 with a msrp of $54300 (very basic with P1 package). How much could I get this vehicle for? Also, how much is the invoice price? Which dealership in LA does well with price......paying cash. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated!