Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz M-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

18910111214»

Comments

• vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    The USAA discount will be better than 10% at the dealership. I got about 12% off using USAA with almost no negotiation. The USAA deal is essentially fleet pricing.
  • anandvnanandvn Member Posts: 6
    The current USAA discount on the vehicle is only $3000 off for a ML 350 which works out to 6%. Typically they have great pricing I got fleet pricing through them for a Tahoe but this seems low.
  • 9times9times Member Posts: 7
    See post 680.
  • leokadia1leokadia1 Member Posts: 94
    On a 2012 ML350 Bluetech the dealer matched the USAA $3000.00= $6000.00. MRSP $56,005.00 to $50,000.00. It was December 1st 2011, after I made my first payment, MBF gave me an additional $1,500.00. Not bad $48,500.00 for thsi outstanding SUV. I aveage 25+ per gallon. :)
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I was referring to the total discount from MSRP. If a dealer only offers $3k off MSRP total discount, then walk away.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    Where I live the ML350 RWD is available on a limited supply. One is lucky if the dealer has 5 to 10 units on the lot. If you want a 4matic this must be ordered. Most around the area are spoken for or sell within a week. The amount off MRSP is a regional decision based on supply and demand. I was lucky as I ordered a 4matic ML350 in October with delivery in early December. Even with the winter event and strong negotiations, I feel I got a decent deal. I can tell you that 2 other 4matics came in a week earlier. I test drove the lunar blue one. The day I went to get my ML350, the lunar blue was just sold and someone was looking at the black one. I believe my ML350 would have also been sold quickly if I had passed on the deal. I had negotiated my deal the days prior to it arriving at the dealership.
    Thanks Vinny I was able to negotiate $6500 (11.2%)off MSRP on an ML 350 4Matic custom order (MSRP $58205). Originally was going to be $5500 with $2000 coming from USAA incentive but we found an AMA incentive of $3000 so they gave that with $3500 form their end making it $6500. I essentially emailed a bunch of dealers, and as one made an offer I passed it to the next, and then the next one, until I ended up with 2 dealers still left competing. All worked out great but I would tell everyone in this forum that these dealers will still drop the price down on this vehicle even though it is selling very hot. Don't let the prospect of having to do a custom order make you believe that they won't give you a good deal because they will.
  • howard43howard43 Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to purchase a seven warranty on my Mercedes m350 from Mercedes I have a 2012 m350. The dealership does not want to go down from 5000 I will not purchase a after market warranty. Can anyone help with dealerships and prices?
    Can anyone post prices on warrantys from Mercedes for a mx350 my dealer will not go down from his 5000 price
    I am looking to purchase a seven warranty on my Mercedes m350 from Mercedes I have a 2012 m350. The dealership does not want to go down from 5000 I will not purchase a after market warranty. Can anyone help with dealerships and prices?
    Can u send me a phone number and price quoted for the mercedes warranty
    Can anyone post what a seven year warranty from Mercedes would run. My dealer did not want to go down from 5000 in ny. Westchester thankyou
    Can you tell the dealership and warranty u purchased and price. I am looking to purchase the warranty myself. Thank you
    I agree you can still get a good price. If you want a ML350 4matic you must preorder. Any 4matics that were on the dealers lot go quickly and it is hard to negotiate a price when multiple parties are interested in the same vehicle. When I went to pick up my ML350 4matic a few customers were looking at it. A lunar blue one next to mine was sold and the only other one a black one was in the process of being sold.
  • mbenzbuyermbenzbuyer Member Posts: 4
    $7380 of MSRP including $1500 winter event(purchased 01/15/13)(North Jersey)
    I have a feeling, i could have had another $1000 off!
    does anybody wonder, how much dealer are trying to rip off every customer!!!!
  • ct44ct44 Member Posts: 8
    Rip off every customer? No, I don't wonder. When buying a vehicle I do my homework and approach the process as a free market - they are free to charge what they feel is appropriate and I am free to make my own purchasing decision. I have no idea what their overhead and expenses require in terms of sales and margins in order to stay in business, but I appreciate they are there and that we have options.
  • cyu143cyu143 Member Posts: 2
    hi everyone. i read all the posted here and it seems most of you were able to get such a great deal on the ML350. i myself located in the seattle Area are not in such luck. the best deal i got offer was $1500 off the MSRP of $60380. I was wondering if i can order the car from NJ (seems that's where the deal is) and have it ship it over to seattle. if i can get 10% off MSRP, it seems like it's totally worth doing it.
    anyone can direct me to the dealship that i can get the deal i need. trying to get my wife a valentine's day present.
  • cribbitscribbits Member Posts: 9
    Did you try Tacoma? We got an amazing deal down there, but I would suggest you only talk with the managers and bypass the sales staff.

We live in North Seattle, so it was SUCH a pain to get down there, but they have a ton of inventory and not a lot of buyers willing to make the trip.
  • cyu143cyu143 Member Posts: 2
    thank you for replying
    i was at the fife - Larson dealership...of course talked with a sales staff...not getting much of a deal as well...so no luck at there and bellevue dealership..i figure it might be because of the demand here.
  • adiehl13adiehl13 Member Posts: 28
    One strategy would be to negotiate the best deal you can with a NJ dealer, and then present that offer to your local guy.

I am loving my R350 (the longer wagon), which I purchased in August. A few minor annoyances, but with 2 kids and a dog- LOVING the 3rd row seat!
  • mbenzbuyermbenzbuyer Member Posts: 4
    hello,
    I could try and hook you up with the same dealer and the salesperson that I dealt with. but the question is how much they would charge you to bring the car to you and also, find out by yourself that how to bring the car to you.
  • pat_rpat_r Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I am intersted in buying ML-350 4 matic car with premium 1 package in the Chicago land area. What is the best price I can expect to pay? Any dealer suggestions for getting that price?
  • arck13arck13 Member Posts: 3
    Shopping for 2013 ML 350 with Premium Package in NJ...does any one know about the incentives that are available for Feb & any suggested dealerships for purchase...

Thanks.
    I had success with the MB dealership in Freehold a few years ago. Had the C320 shipped to Florida as it was $3,000 cheaper than the dealerships around me. The winter certificates may still be available which was $1500.
    Thank you, mlevine, we will try & contact them...
    mbenzbuyer...appreciate if you can share the dealership name in NJ that you worked with.

Thank you
  • shc2shc2 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for all the good price info, everyone. I at an ML in Raleigh, NC and the both local dealers are not discounting off MSRP much at all. On at $61,000 priced car, the dealer will only drop $1500. I am going to expand my search to Charlotte and Greensboro as well. Anyone have tips to deal with the Raleigh sales? Also, is there a place where I can see all the companies that work give an incentive price to MB? Such as the USAA incentive as someone in a previous post mentioned? TIA
  • sehkonsehkon Member Posts: 5
    Hi folks - first time buying Mercedes.

The MSRP of the ML350 (2013) 4 Matic I want is $57.3k

I am in Northern NJ with lots of dealers - so what's the best price to buy for ? (without any special rebates or memberships ) ?

Can anyone recommend a dealer in NJ ?

Cars.com target price is $53.5k or so

Thanks
    Hi can you tell me which dealership in Northern NJ you got this deal from ?
    I am having a hard time getting $2500 off MSPR now in March
  • blazinginderblazinginder Member Posts: 65
    Ray Catena Edison...ask for Scott Clifton, you can tell him you were referred by sagar patel, they'll beat/match any legitimate offer you get in the area
  • maylhmaylh Member Posts: 9
    Got one in Houston at invoice: Base + Prem 1 pkg. Free pre-wire.
    Thanks much appreciated
  • mbnandocmbnandoc Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know of a good dealer who is willing to negotiate in the FL area?
  • java5java5 Member Posts: 18
    Could you please share the dealer name and sales person name, and also if you prefer give me your name so you get customer referral bonus
    I have had success with MB of palm beaches compared to other local dealers. ML is very popular and inventory is on the low side. Have also spoken to the manager at this dealership and many people also getting into the ML due to better availability compared to GL as minimal stock inventory on the lot.
  • ulsuls Member Posts: 7
    Hi blazinginder. Can you tell me how much did you finally pay for the ML350. I am in the market of buying the car and wanted to understand what to expect.

This is what I am looking for
    ML350 - AWD
    Premium Package
    Keyless GO
    Running board

Thanks
    Urmil
  • calidave2calidave2 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All, anyone use their FEP certificate after negotiating a fair price? Did the dealer honor it?

Right now the FEP gives you an additional $2,000 off an ML350.

The best quote I got using the internet was 9.01% off MSRP, not including the FEP certificate. I live in SF bay area.

Thanks
    They should give you $2000 more off what was negotiated. That's what they did with me in AZ. The certificate is paid for by Mercedes and not the dealer so it shouldn't affect their profit. At least that's my understanding.
    Thanks for the info. I asked one dealer and he said his price already includes a $1,000 Mercedes Certificate, so if he replaces it with mine, I will save $1,000 instead of $2,000.

Sounds a little odd to me. I don't know what a "Mercedes Certificate" is.
    To get the fleet pricing you have to print out a certificate with a code on it. It's typically on the company providing the discounts website. I'm guessing he was already including one manufacturer discount in your negotiated price and they can only do one or the other. In my case I had a $2k fleet discount through USAA and I negotiated a price. When I went to the dealer he learned I was an AMA member and told me they had a $3k fleet discount so he could give another $1000 off more if I used the AMA Mercedes Benz certificate but I couldn't combine the two.
    I went to another dealer since they had the exact car I was looking for and after a looooot of BS they finally gave me 9% off MSRP plus another $1,000 off to match the other dealer. A fair price, but an unpleasant experience. I had a much better experience buying a Toyota.

They did show me their internal website that showed a summer fleet certificate for $1,000 so i guess that part was true.

One odd thing was I asked them to use my credit union for financing, they claimed they did it thru the CUDL system, but I do not see anything in the paperwork that shows that. They said the paperwork never does. Anyone have any experience with CUDL?

In hindsight, I made a few mistakes.

1) I assumed buying a Mercedes would not require a run thru the gauntlet of scams. e.g., I double checked the price on the loan and it was wrong!
    2) I did not start my counter offer low enough, so I had to battle the "split the difference" argument
    3) I should have insisted that they remove the chrome wheels immediately before I signed. (They said they would, but they didn't supposedly because their service department was too busy, so now I have to come back another day to get my stock wheels).
    4) I should have asked my credit union exactly what to expect when I used CUDL at the dealer
  • believeingodbelieveingod Member Posts: 2
    I just looked at ML350W2 in Houston at the Mercedes Dealer, MSRP base is $47,270 and with options is $56,605 + TTL. I liked the SUV how much should offer. What is realistic price that i will get it. Also I want to lease it so i dont have to pay sales tax. Any help is appreciated.

Kim
  • believeingodbelieveingod Member Posts: 2
    Sehkon

I looked at ML350W2 at local dealer Base is $47,270 + Options and destination charges is $56,605. How much should I offer and what is realistic price that deal will go thru. I want to start negotiating process next week. Thanks.
  • 8021080210 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    FYI: Paid $53,370 plus $500 doc (plus Denver state/local taxes) out-the-door. Invoice was $55,279. I'm a regular citizen and didn't use any "programs" (e.g. True Car, USAA, VPP, COSTCO, CUDL, etc.) that I was aware of.
  • brightonwbrightonw Member Posts: 1
    Hi 80210,
    Which Denver area dealership did you go to for your ML? Thanks and congrats.

bw
  • awl10awl10 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2013
    Hi, all. First post here but used this forum extensively in researching whether to buy or lease a 2013 ML 350. Note that I bought this model at a 2nd dealer after I thought I was being jacked around with MF levels at the first dealer I looked at leasing from. See below and hope this helps.

MSRP: $53,245 (added options of premium 1, trailer hitch, Keyless Go and Pre-wiring for rear entertainment)
    Sales price: $47,645
    Drive-out post-TTL: $50,924

Sales discount of $5600 was 10.5% off MSRP. Rather than do dealer finance (which I was told was in range of +/- 3%), I financed $44,900 of purchase price through Bank of America at 1.99% for 60 months (I have mid-700s credit score). Paid $6,024 down to get to $44,900 financed amount...monthly loan payment is $786.80. As a side note, to finance $45K or above would have increased my interest rate to 2.34%

Had a bad experience at another dealer trying to lease an ML...dealer gave me $5500 discount off MSRP on any 2013 model, but jacked the finance charge up to .00216 even though I am top tier credit. They claimed that it was their dealership finance policy to charge a premium on top of the buy rate amount. So I went to a 2nd dealer who offered to beat the 1st dealer by giving additional $100 discount on top of the $5500, without any hassle. I probably could have gotten the price down a bit more since the car was on the 2nd dealer's lot for almost 2 months, but I'm happy with the deal as is.